• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
Introductions

Butterflux

A Beautiful Illusion
looks up from my book
Oh hello there, you've traveled a long way to get here haven't you? Well, I am thrilled to be in your presence. How about you sit down for a while and get comfortable. Would you like a cup of hot chocolate, or tea if you would prefer? The fire's warm and freshly stoked, so there's no need to be in a rush to leave.​

About Me
~I'm over the age of 18 and live in the US. I think 😁
~Been Roleplaying for about 5 years. However this is my first forum.​
~Like many of you I work full time.​
~Need to know more? Then ask.​
~Something random, I have a pet hedgehog.​

What to expect from Me

~Will post in 1st or 3rd person. Although I do prefer 3rd person.​
~Average post size is about 550 words ( three paragraphs or so)​
Can write more if needed.​
~I will post at least once a week. If I have the ability then I'll post more often.​
~Will keep an open like of communication. (Preferably through OOC chatter in PMs or Discord)​
Just because I like OOC chatter and To talk about the RP doesn't mean I'm poking you to post. It's just that. Side chatter to help with inspiration.​
For me No OOC = a dead RP.​
~I will grammar and spell check my posts. However I'm not so worried about capitals and punctuation on OOC or side chatter.​
~Play male and female characters, MxF and MxM.​
Sorry, FxF just isn't my thing​
~I follow the ToS and ALL the site rules.​

What I expect from you

~At least one full paragraph(6-8 sentences) per post. The more the better.​
~Be willing to talk about the RP. If your not happy then I'm probably not happy either.​
Your not going to hurt my feelings if things need to change to suit your style a little more.​
~Please don't ghost. Give a heads up if you want to drop or if you need a break for a while.​
~Put a little effort into your post. Check your grammar, spelling, and so on.​
~Post at least once a week.​

Thank you so much for giving over your time to read through my thread. If I have made something unclear, or you simply have some questions about things I didn't cover, please feel free to message me! Take a cup of tea or hot chocolate for the road back up to the surface, and I hope you have a positively disastrously good day!

Last edited:
Pairings, Settings, & Plots
❗These are not the only pairings or settings I will do. If you have a plot(s)/pairing(s) you'd like to do, feel free to bring it/them to me.❗

Pairings
----- Bold is what I would like to play. But it's always open to discussion.
Vampire x Human
Vampire King x Half Vampire
Victorian Vampire x Human
Angel x Demon (maybe fallen angel?) (cliché I know)
FaeKing x Human
Alpha Werewolf x Loner Werewolf
Werewolf x Human
Werewolf x Hunter
Prince/ Princes x Guard/ Knight
Scientist x Experiment
Monster x Human
Death x Murdered Soul
Summoned Demon x Human
Escaped Experiment x Random Person
Fantasy/Supernatural in a modern setting

Settings
Some kind of Horror setting
Some kind of dragon rider thing
Apocalypse or Survival Setting (I've just got a craving for cliché settings it seems)
Still learning how to write slice of life
Something Vampire the Masquerade
Something fantasy. (Dark, high, or low)

Fandoms
Angel of Death
♥♥♥♥♥♥
Bed & Breakfast for Spirits
Inu X Boku Secret Service
Fera: Pirate Princes
xie wang zhui qi (the demonic king who chases his wife)
Firefly / Serenity
Sandman Slim

Plots
I prefer to plot things out from the ground up with my partner, but you bet I got plots.
Ironhill. It's an ugly, walled city sequestered in the bowels of the great kingdom of Nyria, up in the mountainous ranges to the north. It's supposedly where criminals go to die, a place where the worst of men are sent to rot and fester, far away from the beautiful capital. In theory, it should be a chaotic hive of scum and villainy, but for the last two decades, it has been controlled by a powerful gang. Their leader rules the city with an iron fist and keeps the crimes contained within Ironhill's circular walls. The king, for the most part, is happy to preserve the status quo. What is not broken needs not be fixed.

Until the leader is assassinated and the city is thrown into chaos. Bodies start dropping and the alarming news arrives to the capital, speaking of how the criminals have started to spread to the surrounding area like a wildfire. His Majesty sends his youngest son/daughter to fix things, and the prince/princess rides north discreetly to assess the damage, looking to de-escalate the situation so they wouldn't have to send the royal army up into the mountains. Meanwhile, the former gang leader's daughter/son has become head of the organization and is trying to wrest control over the many smaller gangs that have risen up in the power vacuum. It seems neither of them will have much success... unless they work together.

Humans have become more superstitious of late. Turning against those with more bestial forms. Werewolves and other weres are now often hunted for sport. Some centaurs have been rounded up, treated as beasts. Some species are now considered myths or extinct, having gone into hiding. Like the mermaids. They have moved to the deepest parts of the oceans, where humans can't venture. Character A has not though. C.A has made their home near an island. C.A even has a cabin on a cliff outside of the port town. Far enough to be left alone but not far enough to make the journey too terrible. They often swims the waters in the cove near the cliff. She tries to be careful.

There are multiple ways to play this one out. Is your character on the run and needs a place to hide? A pirate taken in by the mermaid? Hunted and falls off the cliff? Perhaps your character is one of the hunters and just so happens to catch a mythical mermaid in his net?

An overworked pet owner, comes home one day to discover a strange person in their home and the pets nowhere to be found. This is particularly disturbing for all the normal reasons, not to mention the fact that they'd only recently taken in a new animal companion less than a week before! However, as it turns out, the person isn't a simple burglar- they're actually the very same animal roommate, just transformed into a human! As it turns out, when witches were hunted from this world, many of their familiars were left behind, without humans to call their own. Magical, unlike your ordinary animal, and largely unknown to anyone but each other and the dwindling population of remaining witches, the familiars had formed a secret network of spies, keeping tabs on any potential magic users. Of course, they might have just ended up at their current human's house by mistake- but that doesn't mean they're ready to leave just yet! Drama, comedy, and maybe a kindling of a spark ensue as the two attempt to conceal the truth from both the human and magical worlds!

C.A never asked for these gifts. Never asked to see the past, present, or even possible futures. All it takes is one touch of an object. From there they can see it all. Only they don't want to and does they best to suppress these powers. That is until C.A was kidnapped. Now C.A is being forced to hunt people for a group of hunters. Only they use the term people very loosely.

C.B has been around for a long time now. They lead one of the largest supernatural havens known to the hinters. C.B is described as uncaring, cold and brutal. Doing what ever it takes to keep the haven for vampires, werewolves, and other things safe.

What is C.B going do when they learn of the psychic being forced into hunting them. How will C.A get out alive when they learn not everything is as it seems.

When it all first started, it only took a few weeks to turn every major city into a war zone. In a few months the world seemed lost and every city was a shattered shell, a horrible reminder of life before this all began. What started all this you ask? Oh, well you see over night demons, vampires, werewolves, and all the other monsters of legend rose up. Attacking and killing all they could. In their desperation, humanities last hope was to try and perform a ritual to summon a champion to save the world. Yes, the ritual worked and the monsters are now in checked. However what was summoned on that day wasn't a champion of humanity. No my friend, it was something far worse then the monsters that were laying waist to the world.

Last edited:
Writing Samples
It started almost 3 days ago. The earth had been screaming that trouble was coming. That the balance of the world had shifted and not for the better. Tyly had taken her concerns to the council members only to have them dismissed. Claiming if something was truly out if balance then they would know. They put up with her since she was half elf. However being only half meant often times she wasn't listened too. Then again that was how she ended up hanging out with old druids to start with. Looking for a place she fit in. She wasn't a master of her craft by any means but she was talented.

That morning Tyly woke with another splitting headache. Something was close, it was almost there she could feel it in her bones. "Nyx, today we will see if there is any validity behind this feeling. I'm sure of it." With the little hairs on her arms standing on end, she stared in the direction of the feeling. To the edge of the forest. Nyx served as her eyes, scouting the lands as the hawk soared high above the ground. She knew it was coming from that direction. The animals had been restless and the plants had started to wither.

The sun was waning now it had passed the point of mid day. Shadows drawing long across the ground and started to bleed together. The prick of disappointment stung. "Maybe there wasn't anything to worry about after all." Just as the thought made it to her lips Nyx cried out. The hawk spotted something running. With another shrill cry Tyly froze. There was an tiefling running and ghouls not far behind. Had it brought the imbalance she'd been sensing? Why was an tiefling all the way here and leading ghouls?

On nimble legs the lean half-elf ran through the forest. Long banded sacramento green hair swung behind her with every hurried step. Even in the shadows one could see her golden beige skin had been well kissed by the sun. A hodge podge of colors made up her outfit with leathers, feathers, and scales. Tyly could have easily been mistaken for a scout or warrior. Only her body lacked that hard definition of muscle. However for an elf she was short and her ears were not as pointed.

Coming to an overhang, she knelt down. Everything was in perfect view now. The tiefling looked tired as he called out. Infernal was never a language she had any will to learn. So his words were lost to her but the twirl of his whip wasn't. He was ready for a fight. Maybe calling the beasts to him. She could see the hell hounds now. Those with the ghouls could be a bit problematic for anyone on there own.

This all proved her intuition was right. There was something coming but she would have never guessed this. Although she felt no love for the tiefling she was honor bound to stop the unnatural creatures. Not wanting to give herself away just yet, she pressed one hand to the ground. Entangle was a simple enough spell causing the vine and weeds along the ground to reach up and grab at the hell hounds. It might not stop everything fully but it would slow them all down. Best of all she could hang back and not bee seen yet. She hoped anyways. Nyx joined in, dive bombing the wretched dogs. Talons out as the hawk tried to rip at the hounds fur and flesh.

From the overhang shamrock eyes at locked onto the scene. She would have answers before this was all done. An explanation of why the tiefling had come and what he was doing with such foul abominations such as those.

Malina wrinkled her small nose as she came off the ship. The cresting winds making her long platinum hair dance about. Granted a month as sea had left her longing for land. For the lush green grasses and towering trees that danced up to the sky. But this was different to say the least. Yes, there were trees here. But instead of the full thick canopy tops, they had long fat leaves that sat on top of bare trunks that stretched upwards for what seemed a small eternity. The smells of exotic spices permeated her senses and hung aloft in the air.

She knew her mission was here. But were to began? The island was nothing like her home. Strange languages being rattled off. Tiny creatures leaping from tree to tree. With a sigh, she threw her bag over one shoulder and started walking. "Are you sure you want to stay here?" The captain called out to her.

"Yes. I will find a way back when I'm ready." Malina answered, not looking back. Not wanting to think about being stuck there and simply focus on her mission. "I port every 5 months or so." The captain hollered. His voice fading as she mingled into the crowds.

After a few hours of trying to get a room, some food, and knowledge of the lands. She quickly came to the conclusion help was needed. Only no one was willing to help her either. Not even for the coin being offered. Trying not to let the frustration sink in, Malina started to look around.

There was a small gathering in front of another ship. There were all kinds of yelling and shouting. Narrowing her amethyst eyes, she slowly headed over to see what was going on. She stood a good 5'7. Still, standing there she felt heads shorter than everyone. Tilting her head to one side she watched. People were being pulled up one at a time. Dressed only in rags Then the shouting would start. When everything calmed down the person was dragged off and someone knew was brought up.

"What is this?" She asked. Slowly cycling through the languages she knew until an answer rang out. "Slave trade. You are buying the people." A look of horror and disgust flooded over her face before she managed to mask it. Did they really sell people here? "People aren't cattle." Malina hissed.

"But those aren't people lady, they are slaves." Said a man beside her as he started bidding on a new slave that was just brought up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back