• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Lets get writing ~ (1 x 1 search)

Necrefiri

The Ashen One
Hey there, everyone !
Pick a Card any Card

QkzJ.gif

I'm Neffy,
I have been roleplaying quite a few years now and am always still coming up with new things.
I've had a few ideas that don't fit a specific theme that I've been craving so I thought I'd collect them all in one place.
Before you dive into some of the random ideas feel free to check out my samples here in this thread to see if you think we would write well together : Notebook
I do prefer to play female main roles, my supporting cast vary in gender and sexuality. I am open to trying doubling in some plots where it makes sense.
Starting platonic is fine, but I've found my interests lie in pairings with potential to drift into romantic territory.
While I prefer quality over quantity i do find it can be a bit disappointing to get back three sentences from over three paragraphs. It just tends to fall a bit flat.
I don't have any limits or triggers but please do make sure to mention yours if you have them, comfort is important.
I like to have an ooc message or discord thread going, because i find open communication tends to make for better plotting and RP enjoyment.
I utilize both real and anime face claims.
Please be over the age of 20, i am an adult and it is simply a comfort thing to roleplay with other adults.
Currently I'm in a masters program so sometimes i do think i may take longer to respond. Feel free to nudge me here and there.
I make as much of an effort as possible not to ghost, if things aren't working i will try and see if we can make tweeks if not I'll let you know and we will both continue our hunts for new RPs
To make skimming easier I did try and highlight the details.
Now then, I'll be posting concepts, plots, and inspos below, if you don't see something you like message me your own idea or check back later to possibly find something new.

giphy.gif

Concepts & Themes:
Mismatched couples
Feudal Era Time period
Strong Female Characters
Role Rehearsals
Theme Transitions

Fandoms:
My Happy Marriage
Is it wrong to try and pick up girls in a dungeon ?
Psycho Pass
Bungo Stray Dogs
Project K
Sk8 Infinity
Hakuouki
Demon Slayer
Magi and the labyrinth of magic
Samurai Champloo

Full Plots:

dEyPNF4ErN2s8yRp0i1KPCbiWw-i1aleLMD2I_BVlB4yGFl6axbcobrkPd0N_7z9xdLRAqPW0ZwEBATyQXDdmF_CMOJqQxpFw1i6dkiwSEZPTo34Tw05FLuu9QqTWstaTxHMojuTHbXnG6GZv2NBqPM

The concept is as follows a queen who has seen her kingdom begin to fall apart because of the king she is forced to sit beside. Originally she was the royal and he was the noble but little by little he and his supporters stripped her of all the power she held and so eventually the kingdom she wanted to take shape was a far off dream and she didn't even have the power to protect her own subjects from their king.

Fearing in time the entire kingdom would fall into ruin and war she decided to invite trouble to her front door step. Believing any change would be better than the current future. Anonymously she began to send letters to the fallen son. A warlord mercenary who had amassed quite a force during his wanderings through the kingdoms. She relied on the rumors that he was an honest man , while harsh at times he was honorable and one of reason. The kind of person she thought could heal what was broken.

So the plot would either begin in the middle of the war / conflict / negotiations or it could be when the warlord has won the war and is walking into the castle to sit on the throne.

My idea was that the queen would reveal she was the spy/ correspondent and that her only request in exchange for aiding in overthrowing the king was to be able to leave the kingdom so she could pursue a more simple life elsewhere. As she now deems herself unfit to rule.

As for why she isn't allowed to leave , we can go the route that the warlord sees her as a permanent threat, since she was able to help secure a quick surrender but could quickly rile up rebellion if she doesn't like what he does or he respects her thinks she's clever for having accomplished so much with so little power or really simplify it and do a corny love at first sight , she can't leave when they've just met and he's finally interested in someone and having a future beside waging war.

W-aq3VlQl3MMn4dXnv7vCyXv1Uvli6YbiDb8bUGiUDyd7wk0syqXFEveqwDHBCspK2KQ7zR4xc3TfKmvq8ElpUESMfrPkygb5wwijA0I1Tb-qwqHzLnb26gmho2ef4SYIvS3MMwr_jEQQdRNYVT93dU

It would be a celebrity with an athlete. They meet when they're both famous and at the top of their game. I figure it could be something like an Olympics after party or something similar, figure that's a decent place for them to cross paths.

The angst comes in later when the athlete gets a severe injury and is forced to retire. Now they're always home and their only real claim to fame is dating the celebrity. They miss competing and their independence. Especially when they've spent a few weekends just being arm candy. So I figure that would be some frustration. As well as that leading to them desperately trying to get back into their career with questionable risky medical procedures or just competing when they shouldn't because it could mean permanent irreparable damage. So it'd be a bit of headbutting , with the celebrity wanting to take care or them or see them doing something less life threatening where as the athlete thinks they couldn't possibly understand what it feels like to lose something they worked their whole life for.

Also initially it would go from being long distance from their busy schedules not always lining up. To close contact more frequently.

To throw in another wrench I thought the female should be the athlete, mainly because it'd be interesting to add the real world stereotype where it's not the female athlete being mentioned in the new headline instead it's Mr. Xs wife, just won the silver medal instead of mrs.Y won the sliver medal with her husband cheering in the stands. I figure it would add some spice as that would be even worse the minute she stopped competing as she would feel more dismissed and even more like an accessory to her counterpart.

From his side I figure some things that might be a struggle is seeing her be depressed and irritable when he feels she is lucky to have someone to support her and that she still gets to keep the luxury lifestyle even if she herself isn't contributing as much as she was. I'm sure he would also struggle to see why she would be upset when she goes from training and running around to compete and now she just occasionally judges an event or does a promo shoot for a sports product which is in his eyes much easier work.

1702256148942.png

Plot concept is based on the fall of a royal into the life of a peasant. The kingdoms best kept secret is out and now someone has to pay the price. An affair many years ago between the queen and a foreign lord had emerged. The king is inconsolable and feels his reputation slipping from his fingers. The only solution he sees is to erase what he can of the shameful ordeal including the wife who betrayed him and the daughter that resulted from treason. It'd easy enough to claim the head of one whose broken your heart but much harder to hurt the innocent. He could no longer look at her with the resemblance to the queen being uncanny but he couldn't kill the daughter for the sins of the mother. Thus the king cast out the princess stripping her of title and holdings. Many believed the harsh life of a peasant in the royal city would be her end. Yet they were all mistaken as a helping hand was offered by the very knight she'd mocked during the many years in her service. I feel this has a few different directions it could take and I'd love some input on it.

FB_IMG_1705269634898.jpg
Plot concept is inspired by castlevania , gentleman jack , monalisa smile and game of thrones. I have yet to do fxf but have been wanting to and i think this plot might be my chance to do it. The overall theme is the idea of two women who at first can't stand one another's view of the world. Think the dainty flower who has no qualms remaining at home keeping a home and sticking needles through fabric to create a beautiful design and the woman who enjoys pursuing equality with men whether it be punching a hole through an opponent on the battle field or shaping metal in a forge. I have a few settings in mind for this between revolutionary America , Feudal Japan and Medieval. Overall I'd love for there to be a meeting or the minds leading to romance and joint struggles in choosing between duty , love and safety.

tumblr_inline_o0jro7tLRw1rifr4k_500.gif

Alright, so I've always thought it might be fun to find out explore the polar opposites that can be different cultures clashing against one another. Considering some of the little articles i've seen pop up here and there the life of a k pop idol vs that of someone whose obtained a semblance of fame in the states. I've also been watching way too many reality shows on netflix as of late. So i thought to myself why not mash it up together in a plot where an American gal gets recruited for a reality show in which she'd paired with an idol and now they're competing to get a contract. She's in over her head and He's frustrated she's completely missing the gravity of the opportunity. I think it could easily be enemies to lovers. One of the looser concepts here in the thread collaboration and input would be much appreciated. I figure depending on where we want to take it there's potential for fluff so well as a bit of juicy drama.

May have been inspired a tiny bit by the following video

1000008391.jpg

An arranged marriage has been set for years. But the king didn't account for his daughter deciding to run off with her riding instructor. The wedding is a month away and now they've lost the bride. The princess escaping has been kept quiet, however, the neighboring kingdom will start to ask questions if there are further delays.

Thus the search began to find a fake. In a small town a three days ride from the royal city they discover her dragging a hoe through the fields. To their dismay she's rather rough around the edges. But she will have to do until the true princess is found and put in her place. For now fancy gloves and body oils will have to do for hiding a peasant in royal clothing.

After studying for two weeks she is walking down the aisle. To further aid her in masquerading as her majesty the princesses royal guard has been assigned to join her as he knows his mistress better than anyone. There's no telling how long they have to keep up the smoke and mirrors act , nore what will happen if they're caught. Lots of options for twists and turns available in this plot , I'm open to throwing in fantasy elements if that's your fancy.

For this plot there's three main roles which either allows for doubling or sharing the third role. If you're interested please let me know your preferred role between the prince and the royal guard.

1691501988629.png

No one is ever ready to the end of days no matter how many times they joked with their friends about it or binged a series giving them a glimpse into the possibilities.
But there's certainly some who are less prepared than others, it's one thing to be home where you've at least got a sense of where you can run to so safety.
What if someone was caught out on vacation when the world decided a plague would ravage the population making them go mad with a case of zomboid like symptoms
The people they came with are no where to be found and so far the only living person they have come across at the hotel speaks english well enough but neither they nore their companion are fluent in the language of their current host country..
Is getting home an option ? where should they go ? can they trust each other ?

With this one I'm open to different disasters, I'd just like to play around with the struggle bus of having little to no home game advantage. It could also be fun to play around with the dynamic that looks can be deceiving when it comes to whose more apt for success in this post apocalyptic world. Currently I'm thinking maybe they could start on an island or country that isn't mainland.

tumblr_o76vf4n99S1qhqy9zo6_400.gif

Whether its superman and lois or spider man taking his own pictures for the papers I just really want to to an RP between a hero and someone in the media.
I think this has a good amount of room for growth. We can dial it back a few years where it really is just the radio, papers and tv that gives people their news or we can keep it modern with the highest tech.
There's a solid option to start with it being a small time blogger to forming their own paper to becoming the authority on hero relations to the public and creating new world order with supers.
I guess the best way to put it is that I'd like to do a few time skips here and there that are years apart where the hero and writer develop side by side either successfully or failing miserably.
My ideal starting point would be the writer aiding the hero by helping them gain some attention from a band of heroes they want to join through articles focused on their recent work.
All whilst avoiding anyone realizing their involved with one another.
Currently this is more of a concept than a plot so I'd love to brainstorm some more solid details together.

When i saw the tiktok above a few cravings formed for a slice of life that could progress into world building survival and drama.
In the beginning i wanted it to be small first world problems such as remembering the needs of an immortal vampire vs those of a mortal human all whilst wondering how that all comes together with their hybrid child. As we get comfortable and form solid characters and back stories I'd like to shift from character building to world building, How you may ask, well via the characters transitioning to a modern world where monsters are in hiding within their secret societies to a world where the cat is out of the bag and now humans and mythics needs to create a new world order in which everyone is happy and peacefully getting along. But to bring in some realism i think this transition would be rough with a lot of growing pains and conflicting interests all where the little family we are roleplaying is struggling to fit in considering they're the outliers in a world with shaky lines trying to divide them.

This is a loose outline of the elements and dynamics I'd like to include. i do have a few more details I'd like to throw in and brainstorm. So if you're interested please shoot me a message with some things you'd like to include. Let's bring the fluff, tough, and a whole bunch of other stuff into this vampire human mixed couple.

Attachments

• 1000008391.jpg
    1000008391.jpg
    329.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 1702442704658.png
    1702442704658.png
    299.5 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Feel free to toss your own unique ideas 💡 can't promise we will line up but I'm happy to read them and check them out !

With winter cleaning complete the thread is all up to date, thanks for everyone's patience. Feel free to DM if you see something you like. I'm moving along to my sample thread next to add a few.
411629.jpg

P.S. currently I'd say my #1 craving is plot 9 Happy Hunting everyone.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back