Chitchat Let's chat!

Not really! But the whole premise seemed so cool that I just had to try it out. It's my first time writing anything within the scope of the genre. I like exploring new things and giving them a fair shake. It's me taking steps outside of my comfort zone and just going for it!
I should do that more often, honestly.

Naw. I'll occasionally stream whatever it is that I'm doing to a friend on Discord, but stuff like Twitch has never been my thing.

How about you? Do you stream at all?
About the same as you. I USED to stream fighting games, but after my subscription on PSN ran out, I never bothered to renew it.

I should do that more often, honestly.
Do it! You're definitely going to surprise yourself with all the newfound discoveries.

About the same as you. I USED to stream fighting games, but after my subscription on PSN ran out, I never bothered to renew it.
I wish I was any good at those. I played a bit of Soul Calibur but I would always get utterly rinsed in multiplayer.

Do you watch any shows at all? I've been thinking about picking up some anime again, but no idea what I would even go for.

Do you watch any shows at all? I've been thinking about picking up some anime again, but no idea what I would even go for.
I've been watching Brooklyn 99 as of late. Before that, I was watching Community, Schitt's Creek, and Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated. I'm actually not super into anime, but the most recent ones that I watched (and liked) were Bungo Stray Dogs, Darling in the FranXX, and the first two seasons of JJBA.

You?

Thank you for your kind words.

I'm not super familiar with Balan's Wonderland, admittedly, but I am fond of crossovers and I especially love to see what fandoms/characters are brought to them! Even if your hunt doesn't end up working out, there's probably a chance that you can introduce those characters into a crossover Roleplay, make players fall in love with them, and then get to play the game that way. It's a completely foolproof plan!
[/JUSTIFY]

I have reason to suspect that they may be trying to antagonize me under a different account as well, but there's little evidence to back this claim and I'm not the type to point fingers without very good reason. I just hope that the situation resolves itself soon. They're a self-proclaimed alcoholic and have many red flags such as regularly removing my friend and blaming them for their outbursts, so I'm positive I know what kind of person they are. I just wish that my friend would realize that too and make the choice to distance themselves from it, but I think it may be a work in progress.

But enough of that.

Thank you all for reading my rant.

My vibe is a little melancholic today, but how are the rest of you doing?
[/JUSTIFY]
Of course!

Haha, I do like the foolproof-ness of crossover RP! I tend to do a lot of it on Dreamwidth, actually, so that's definitely helping some. And I am looking for some specific crossovers here and occasionally glance at the Group RP section to check for interesting multifandom stuff... I'll have to think on it and keep an eye out!

As for that situation... Oof. Sadly when you said "regularly removing my friend and blaming them for their outbursts" I was somehow not surprised. I hope your friend can in fact separate themself from that person...

I'm doing okay! About to have dinner at 2AM because I slept until like 7PM, which stinks. I don't like having my schedule this messed up, so I'm going to try to get to sleep "early" after I eat. Things are good with me other than my backwards schedule, though. And I finally got some RP bites from a Discord server I'm in, which is exciting! (Another one of my current hyperfixations, Keroro Gunso/Sgt. Frog...)

Honestly?
I've no idea what lil me was thinking. Probably not a whole lot. I still live nearby, but it's since been renovated and people live there. Can't really just go in nowadays and be like "yeah I gotta check something real quick from over a decade ago haha"
Now, as an adult? Would I do it?

Maybe.
Depends on the company, if I'd go in with my friend like I did back in the day? Sign me up. Alone? MmmmmNAW!

On an unrelated note, have you guys ever heard of/played Barotrauma? I've been thinking about it lately because I really liked the setting.
Ha! I love that attitude. And yeah, a friend or two would make things a bit less freaky... But just a bit! I used to be friends with someone who would explore an actual abandoned hospital within short driving distance from her house, and she offered to take another friend and I in while we were visiting before it was destroyed, but... Brr. I just couldn't!

And I hadn't heard of Barotrauma before, but I just looked it up and WOW that does look like a pretty cool setting!

Also, I saw you mention considering picking up some anime again. What anime have you liked in the past? I'm not keeping up with the current stuff, but I might be able to provide some suggestions!

I've been watching Brooklyn 99 as of late. Before that, I was watching Community, Schitt's Creek, and Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated. I'm actually not super into anime, but the most recent ones that I watched (and liked) were Bungo Stray Dogs, Darling in the FranXX, and the first two seasons of JJBA.

You?

Nothing at the moment! But the last two I've watched (and greatly enjoyed) were Wednesday and The Last of Us. Wednesday was so good, I loved every moment of it. I mean, TLOU was great too but I just prefer Wednesday to it. Felt like it was paced better!

Hi! What are you listening to?

Also, I saw you mention considering picking up some anime again. What anime have you liked in the past? I'm not keeping up with the current stuff, but I might be able to provide some suggestions!
Oh my, I would REALLY appreciate that! I enjoy a lot, but my favorites have to be...
Ergo Proxy, Serial Experiments; Lain, K-On!, Hellsing (and Hellsing: Ultimate), FLCL, honestly anything by Studio Ghibli ever.

I'll admit, though — Isekai isn't my cup of tea. I've tried it many times, it just never stuck.

How about you? What kinda stuff do you like?

Nothing at the moment! But the last two I've watched (and greatly enjoyed) were Wednesday and The Last of Us. Wednesday was so good, I loved every moment of it. I mean, TLOU was great too but I just prefer Wednesday to it. Felt like it was paced better!

Hi! What are you listening to?

Oh my, I would REALLY appreciate that! I enjoy a lot, but my favorites have to be...
Ergo Proxy, Serial Experiments; Lain, K-On!, Hellsing (and Hellsing: Ultimate), FLCL, honestly anything by Studio Ghibli ever.

I'll admit, though — Isekai isn't my cup of tea. I've tried it many times, it just never stuck.

I assume you mean music. I was listening to disturbed

Oh, cool! I've seen several of those and like the ones I've seen... Obviously that means I need to check out Ergo Proxy, lol.

My taste is kinda eclectic; I like anime that delves into the psychological, horror anime, and slice of life, but also sometimes just stuff that strikes me as... cool, in an "I know it when I see it" way, lol. Some of my favorites are Keroro Gunso, Rokka no Yuusha, The Tatami Galaxy, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, School-Live!, Yamishibai, Kowabon, Mononoke, C for Control, and the first season of Gatchaman Crowds. I've also got strong soft spots still for Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, Ouran High School Host Club, Yami no Matsuei, Puppet Master Sakon, Coppelion, Cowboy Bebop, Another, and the Pet Shop of Horrors OVA (well, and also the manga, but we're talking anime lol).

For ones that your list makes me think of, that you might end up liking if you haven't already seen them...
  • If you like Serial Experiments Lain, you might end up liking Haibane Renmei or Paranoia Agent; both are older so you might have seen them, but Haibane Renmei especially was created by the same guy as Lain, and Paranoia Agent also has a strong psychological bent, and if you like it you might also like Satoshi Kon's various movies. Death Parade might also appeal to you if you haven't seen it yet. Finally, I haven't seen it so I can't quite vouch for it, but I've heard really good things about Noein: To Your Other Self and what I've heard strikes me as something you might enjoy?
  • For K-On!, I know a really well-regarded, two somewhat more recent series are Zombie Land Saga and Bocchi the Rock; Yuru Camp also gives me kinda Ghibli feelings on top of that, while Girls' Last Tour and A Place Further Than the Universe are just good, and imo Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken! is outright amazing! I also want to go ahead and recommend School-Live!, which balances the slice of life cute genre with zombies and psychological stuff really well.
  • For the cool bombast of Hellsing with slightly fewer vampires (but still a non-zero number), Kekkai Sensen/Blood Blockade Battlefront is also very much a comedy series, but if the humor clicks with you it's got real style (and it's not 100% dissimilar to FLCL's humor, with its weirdness, frenetic energy, and occasional raunchiness); it's by the same creator as Trigun, so I'd be remiss in not mentioning the new Trigun Stampede anime on sheer style alone as well. You might also enjoy Dororo. To go in a slightly different direction, for a vampire anime that leans more into the horror (and even more psychological horror!), I can also highly recommend Shiki.
  • For the sheer wild energy of FLCL, well, nothing else can really compare, but if you haven't checked out the same creator's Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi it might scratch a similar itch for you. The Tatami Galaxy has a wild and raunchy sense of humor, a cool visual style and conceit (the animation going along with the unreliable narrator main character!), and a great story with one of the most satisfying endings I've seen. And if you haven't seen them yet, there were actually two sequel series to FLCL of 6 episodes each back in 2016 and 2018, FLCL Progressive and FLCL Alternative, though I haven't watched them and so can't vouch.
  • Finally, Studio Ghibli. I could recommend some stuff based on specific movies, but really for the overall vibes, I haven't found better than Flying Witch. There are also two... pretty opposite-feeling series but with weirdly similar energy: the cute slice-of-life Hakumei and Mikochi and the slow-paced supernatural kinda-slice-of-life/kinda-horror Mushishi. There's also Natsume Yuujinchou -- though again, I haven't personally seen it yet -- and potentially Wolf's Rain. And when it comes to movies like Ghibli's stuff, you might also like Makoto Shinkai's films, Mamoru Hosoda's feature films, and the films of Studio Colorido, as well as the movies A Letter to Momo, Lu over the Wall, Patema Inverted, and In This Corner of the World.

Last edited:
New QOTD is up. I'll respond to that and missed messages after I return from my interview.

New QOTD is up. I'll respond to that and missed messages after I return from my interview.
Good luck on your interview!

As for the QOTD... Hmm. I honestly listen to a lot of songs over and over, not necessarily outright on repeat but definitely a case of "every time I listen to music I end up listening to these." At the moment those are "One of Repetition" and "Patchwork Staccato," specifically the covers by *namirin; the originals were Vocaloid songs made by Nekomushi and toa respectively. I also keep re-listening to multiple songs by GHOST and Pals, especially "The Chattering Lack of Common Sense," "Uncanny," "SCAPEG♾AT," and "DEATHBODY" (that last one co-made with Vane and Carbon Monoxide), as well as the Qualia Automata series of songs by Team 6x111 ("Reckless Battery Burns," "End-World Normopathy," and "Lamentations" so far -- that last one is where my signature is from!).

I'm in a very Vocaloid mood recently, LOL. Though I also keep having to listen to "Easy Breezy" by chelmico because it just keeps getting stuck in my head. Like right now. Off I go!

I have a playlist for every mood of music I’m in for. Dark and creepy. Video game. Disney. Sad. A playlist I’ll only listen around my grandma or mom to avoid conflict. Upbeat music for inspiration.

IMG_1905.png

IMG_1906.png

IMG_1907.pngIMG_1908.png

IMG_1909.png
This one’s more for five nights at Freddie’s. Steven universe. Undertale fan made music. Adventure time. Stuff like that

IMG_1910.png

Of course!

Haha, I do like the foolproof-ness of crossover RP! I tend to do a lot of it on Dreamwidth, actually, so that's definitely helping some. And I am looking for some specific crossovers here and occasionally glance at the Group RP section to check for interesting multifandom stuff... I'll have to think on it and keep an eye out!
I'll let you know if I come across any interesting crossover Roleplays!
As for that situation... Oof. Sadly when you said "regularly removing my friend and blaming them for their outbursts" I was somehow not surprised. I hope your friend can in fact separate themself from that person...
I hope so too. Only time will tell, but I'll do my best to support my friend in the meantime.

I'm doing okay! About to have dinner at 2AM because I slept until like 7PM, which stinks. I don't like having my schedule this messed up, so I'm going to try to get to sleep "early" after I eat. Things are good with me other than my backwards schedule, though. And I finally got some RP bites from a Discord server I'm in, which is exciting! (Another one of my current hyperfixations, Keroro Gunso/Sgt. Frog...)
I'm glad you were able to get some bites! Has anything come of it yet?

I just remembered that I also watched Wednesday this year. Wasn't too crazy about it, honestly, but the world-building was really fun.

Good luck on your interview!
Thank you! I was able to land the position, thankfully. I start on Thursday.

Question Of The Day (6/6/2023):
What are some songs you've had on repeat lately?

I'll let you know if I come across any interesting crossover Roleplays!

I hope so too. Only time will tell, but I'll do my best to support my friend in the meantime.

I'm glad you were able to get some bites! Has anything come of it yet?

I just remembered that I also watched Wednesday this year. Wasn't too crazy about it, honestly, but the world-building was really fun.

Thank you! I was able to land the position, thankfully. I start on Thursday.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! IM SO HAPPY YOU GOT A JOB!

Not a lot to say, just people being insufferable and annoying. Are you excited to start working?
Yes and no. I miss having money and something to do, but I'll dislike having too much freetime. How are folks being insufferable and annoying for you (don't need to answer, just thought I'd ask)?

Yes and no. I miss having money and something to do, but I'll dislike having too much freetime. How are folks being insufferable and annoying for you (don't need to answer, just thought I'd ask)?
Money is always nice to have!
I don't really want to talk about it and sour the vibe of the thread. But it's really no big deal, just annoying things that keep happening.

How is your RP search coming along?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back