Chitchat Let's chat!

Here's an incredibly unfinished idea:
In Halcyon, Espers and magicians both openly exist. Despite this, though, the two sides have been at bloody odds with one another for centuries. Their seemingly endless conflict, however, came to a sudden end in The Final War, after it was interrupted by otherwordly invaders. When Lovecraftian abominations filter into their world by unknown means, the two territories of Regis Maxim and Elslandia put their differences aside to fight together.

That was fifteen years ago.

Nicknamed "Cryptids", these abominations have quite the chokehold over Halcyon nowadays. Some have taken to roaming in "compromised zones" within Halcyon, such as a mountainous region that separates Elslandia and Regis Maxim, now mostly abandoned and referred to as No Man's Land. Others, though, pose a much stronger threat: the ability to blend in with society. Ambitious, cunning, capable of reason — nobody quite knows the extent of their abilities. Or what they want. All that is known is that they pose a threat to Halcyon and they are not welcome.

And, in order to combat this menace, military academies have begun to appear across Halcyon.
The entire interest check is a mess because I barely got any sleep, but uuuugh. I really wanted to finish it tonight.
My honest opinion?

It gets the juice flowing. A potential writing buddy will see this as an opportunity to worldbuild with you as you guys go through the motions. It gives enough info without hyperfixating on trivial details, reads well and has a solid idea of an uneasy alliance at its core.

The only things that you really need to add is what you look for/expect from your writing partner and then you are pretty much set.

How do you feel about that? What do you dislike about your current writeup?

This is the very unfinished interest check itself. Warning for very bad.

gif_1.gif

gif_2.gif

• Hello there!

I'm Sorin, but you can call me whatever you'd like. I'm twenty-five years old, respond to any pronouns, and live somewhere in a suburb of Philadelphia. I'm currently working my way, albeit very slowly, towards a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering. I've also been on the hunt for a part-time job, but that's been neither here nor there, and I've been having a difficult time with it. Considering that it's summer and I'm without summer classes, though, I desperately need something to do, so despite my misgivings about myself and my writing, I'm creating this!

And if you're interested in magicians and psychics fighting monsters, please read on!

This is the very unfinished interest check itself. Warning for very bad.

gif_1.gif

gif_2.gif

• Hello there!

I'm Sorin, but you can call me whatever you'd like. I'm twenty-five years old, respond to any pronouns, and live somewhere in a suburb of Philadelphia. I'm currently working my way, albeit very slowly, towards a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering. I've also been on the hunt for a part-time job, but that's been neither here nor there, and I've been having a difficult time with it. Considering that it's summer and I'm without summer classes, though, I desperately need something to do, so despite my misgivings about myself and my writing, I'm creating this!

And if you're interested in magicians and psychics fighting monsters, please read on!

If this is very bad, I am absolutely screwed if I ever post an interest check of my own.

You're fine and I think that it's very good.

If I become president or anyone of importance I’m making everything cheaper and also I’m making it ILLEGAL to charge people to play online with other people

Having to pay for an online subscription is probably the least problematic part of Nintendo's model too.

Having to pay for an online subscription is probably the least problematic part of Nintendo's model too.
M.... I'm not sure? I haven't really noticed anything else other than the OUTRAGEOUS prices. A single game for Nintendo switch COST 50 DOLLARS!!!!

M.... I'm not sure? I haven't really noticed anything else other than the OUTRAGEOUS prices. A single game for Nintendo switch COST 50 DOLLARS!!!!
They put a man in jail for life for modding their consoles. And now that he's released from prison, he's required to pay about 30% of his income for life. They've also gone after numerous YouTube channels and streamers for making money off of playing their games, including the most notably recent one, PointCrow. Not to mention the NUMEROUS amounts of time that they shut down fan-made tournaments, especially Smash related ones, including I believe some for charity in the past (I need to double check this one). All the while they've been pushing out half-baked products, like Animal Crossing: New Horizons which was only worth the $60 price after like two years of multiple updates and the newer Pokemon games which are hollow and empty. I love Nintendo consoles and games, but I do not love their company. They do whatever they take to make things difficult for their fans and the feeling is mutual.

Oh wow, I had no clue..... I'll definitely crack down hard on them
I encourage everyone to come to their own conclusion, but I'm definitely not a fan of them. Or most corporations, really.

Question Of The Day (6/5/2023):
Do you believe in spirits?
Yes, I do. There was a long period where I didn't, but after enough spoooooky happenings in my life, I decided that I am a believer.

Yes, I do. There was a long period where I didn't, but after enough spoooooky happenings in my life, I decided that I am a believer.
I do too. But mainly because I saw a ghost with my very own eyes and people to confirm it w asnt my imagination. That's a story for another time tho

Hi, Sorin! :D It's nice to meet you. You seem pretty cool so I'd love to chat; I've been wanting to chat a bit more on these forums anyway, and this thread seems like a really nice place to hang out.

As for spirits, I'm not sure if I believe in them, but I also don't disbelieve in them. I feel like they could exist, but I think it's also difficult to pinpoint what they are if they do. The idea fascinates me, though, and I definitely want to believe that something persists after death...

But that's a bit heavy, so to bounce back a couple days: A roleplay I really want to write right now is something post-canon for the game Balan Wonderworld! It's a video game that did not have the best reception when it came out a couple years ago, and a good number of the complaints were legitimate. But I don't know, I actually really like it. I got a copy for under $8, so that's probably at least part of why I'm a lot less hard on it than the people who got it for $40-65, but a lot about it is fun and relaxing to me, despite its imperfections. And I actually like the weird almost-no-dialogue way it presents its story. (And honestly, I like the story as presented in the game, with all its limitations, to the one put forward in the tie-in novel, which is rough because I feel like a lot of the people who actually are fans like the novel story way more...)

But I'd love to do something set after all the "Inhabitants" come out of Wonderworld, especially given the credits sequence showing that some of them were from, like, a full decade prior to some others? So some situation where, whether it's been ten years or less than a year, some chance meetings get them to start searching each other out, and all twelve of them wind up with the goal of a)finding Leo and Emma as the Final Two and b)finding the Wonderworld theater so they can see Balan again. With maybe a side-plot following Balan and Lance. I'd love this for a 1x1 frankly, even if it meant we'd both be playing like 8 characters, but I'd be open to a group thing too, I just... want to play in this world. And it'd be a bonus if I could find someone interested in my Weird Ships, too!

Question Of The Day (6/5/2023):
Do you believe in spirits?
Oh, that's a good question. You see, I'm not all too sure. I did explore a weird, creepy, burnt-down house which had some intact belongings inside. By intact, I mean they were pristine, unopened things made in the 1980/90s, and my bout of exploration was when I was but a wee Valky at some maybe ten years of age around '07. Lil' me could swear feeling some sort of presence, but in hindsight the whole place was just very weird and I've no idea how I had the moxie to do that. Not only was it extremely dangerous (due to the place being burnt to a crisp), but it was also very spooky.
But that's a bit heavy, so to bounce back a couple days: A roleplay I really want to write right now is something post-canon for the game Balan Wonderworld! It's a video game that did not have the best reception when it came out a couple years ago, and a good number of the complaints were legitimate. But I don't know, I actually really like it. I got a copy for under $8, so that's probably at least part of why I'm a lot less hard on it than the people who got it for $40-65, but a lot about it is fun and relaxing to me, despite its imperfections. And I actually like the weird almost-no-dialogue way it presents its story. (And honestly, I like the story as presented in the game, with all its limitations, to the one put forward in the tie-in novel, which is rough because I feel like a lot of the people who actually are fans like the novel story way more...)
Wow, this (for some reason) reminds me of the Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil game. Same sort of vibe! I hope you find what you're looking for, though!
I think I saw my grandma and she’s probs haunts my house.
Hopefully she's good company! If you're being haunted by a ghost who's just there to vibe, then that's a good thing. If not... oop!

I’m schizophrenic so I naturally see and hear things that aren’t really there. And sometimes my brain tricks me into feeling them too! Odd I know. Bare with me here.

One night I was sleeping and this was when it was more than just me and my dad living here. There was 3 other people who stayed in the house. One of them being my dads at the time girlfriend and the other 2 was that girlfriends daughter and daughters husband.

I woke up with the eerie feeling of being watched and looked to the end corner of my bed where I felt it and clear as day I saw a man watching me at the end of the bed before he fades just as quickly as I spotted him. He turned away as he was fading.

I was scared at first but then thought. Maybe it’s my schizophrenia acting up in the middle of the night. So I went back to bed.

But by the morning when I woke up…. Something compelled me to say something. So I went out on the front porch where everyone was and sat down telling them I saw a man staring at me from the end of my bed.

They asked me to describe him. So I did. Short hair. Not skinny but not too heavy either. Short sleeve shirt. And my dad and his at the time girlfriend turned to look at eachother.

Confused I watched them stare in awe a moment before she asked my dad “you know who that sounds like??” And my dad only nodded with a mhm. So she walked inside and went to go grab something. And came out with a picture I have never seen before. She’s never talked about this man in the picture either.

She asked me “is this who you saw?” And I said “ya” and she said “that’s my grandpa he died when I was 16” keep in mind she’s over 50 years old this was dons ago and then she said “I never leave this picture out I hide it in my closet and I never tell people about my grandpa cuz many people see him”

And to this day I believe in ghost cuz I saw one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back