Chitchat Let's chat!

Sorin

huntress.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
anime-book-flipped-by-the-wind-2dfpw3xakenzq8l7.gif

Hello there!

I'm Rainer and I'm looking for some folks to talk to on here. Want to talk about your current brainrot or hyperfixation? Need to vent about something? Want some friendly advice on something? Just want conversation? Interested in responding to a daily question of the day? Then, I'm going to try to make this the thread for you! I'm usually the type of person that would rather befriend someone and then discuss Roleplay specifics, but I'm also totally fine with just making regular ol' OOC friends too, so feel free to pop in and say hi if this interests you at all!

Question Of The Day (7/09/2023):
How was your weekend?

yellow_aesthetic_dividers__f2u__by_voxinsocks_dd9qrv0-fullview.png

Last edited:
Hey there. I'm Chaishi, nice to meet you.

I can talk about anything anytime. For the question is uh. That's gonna be winter season for me.
Since I miss feeling cold outside. I live very close to equator and well, it's hot and wet around here for sure. I used to love winter because of the merits. Cold weather, warm home, hot blanket, a nice soup and whatever it brings. But now, it's because how cold it is.

Hey there. I'm Chaishi, nice to meet you.

I can talk about anything anytime. For the question is uh. That's gonna be winter season for me.
Since I miss feeling cold outside. I live very close to equator and well, it's hot and wet around here for sure. I used to love winter because of the merits. Cold weather, warm home, hot blanket, a nice soup and whatever it brings. But now, it's because how cold it is.
Hey there, Chaishi!

I actually completely relate to your sentiment. I was born and raised in the northeastern United States, then spent time some time down in Florida, before moving back to the northeast. I loved having sunlight until fairly late into the evening, but I'm a cold loving gal at heart, so I really missed the fall and winter during it all. I'm really glad to be somewhere again where it not only gets cold, but it also snows!

Hullo Sorin. Name's Sol or Wolfie (whichever you prefer).

I too prefer winter or fall seasons. Fall because you can still get away with wearing short sleeves or shorts, but winter because the snowfall is always so beautiful. That and it feels easier to get warm inside while the outside world is cold. Though I am not a fan of the snow here. We get some crazy ice storms and heavy snowfall that, for one reason or another, the cities are neve prepared for despite the early warnings. Just last year our whole interstate was stuck in a ridiculously long traffic jam. I cannot remember how long, but a part of me wants to say almost a full 24 hours? I just remember it was insane because the governor had issued a stay-at-home warning, they activated the Marines and the National Guard in our area for assistance, and the Department of Transportation ended up being investigated.

Hi Sorin. I'm Valky, but I mostly go by Val. I like autumn the most, especially early on. The weather's nice, and I enjoy more wind — generally speaking. What are YOUR current fixations? Mine are Dead by Daylight and League, and browsing this site to find something that's gonna catch my eye.

Hi Sorin. I'm Valky, but I mostly go by Val. I like autumn the most, especially early on. The weather's nice, and I enjoy more wind — generally speaking. What are YOUR current fixations? Mine are Dead by Daylight and League, and browsing this site to find something that's gonna catch my eye.
Hello there, Valky!

I quite like your avatar and I also love Dead By Daylight. I'm so excited for them to be introducing The Singularity that it's unreal. I really hope we get more monster-based killers because between The Singularity and The Dredge, Behaviour has knocked it out of the park for me. As for my current fixations, I'm not really sure, I think I'm in a bit of a transition period between interests. My sister and I have been binging Brooklyn 99, which may be up there, and I've always been replaying Skyrim, which might also be up there. I also have a Discord Roleplay with a friend of mine that has been holding my interest as of late, so that's exciting too!
Hullo Sorin. Name's Sol or Wolfie (whichever you prefer).

I too prefer winter or fall seasons. Fall because you can still get away with wearing short sleeves or shorts, but winter because the snowfall is always so beautiful. That and it feels easier to get warm inside while the outside world is cold. Though I am not a fan of the snow here. We get some crazy ice storms and heavy snowfall that, for one reason or another, the cities are neve prepared for despite the early warnings. Just last year our whole interstate was stuck in a ridiculously long traffic jam. I cannot remember how long, but a part of me wants to say almost a full 24 hours? I just remember it was insane because the governor had issued a stay-at-home warning, they activated the Marines and the National Guard in our area for assistance, and the Department of Transportation ended up being investigated.
Welcome to the thread, Sol! I take it you're likely from one of our lovely more northern states?

Hello there, Valky!

I quite like your avatar and I also love Dead By Daylight. I'm so excited for them to be introducing The Singularity that it's unreal. I really hope we get more monster-based killers because between The Singularity and The Dredge, Behaviour has knocked it out of the park for me. As for my current fixations, I'm not really sure, I think I'm in a bit of a transition period between interests. My sister and I have been binging Brooklyn 99, which may be up there, and I've always been replaying Skyrim, which might also be up there. I also have a Discord Roleplay with a friend of mine that has been holding my interest as of late, so that's exciting too!

Welcome to the thread, Sol! I take it you're likely from one of our lovely more northern states?
Aye, I originally hailed from TN, but have moved further up north in VA. The temperature isn't too drastic, but here the snow sticks more often than not.

DBD looks to be a fun game. I enjoyed it the few time I tried it. Just could not grasp the art of weaving in and out well in the jungle gyms. Brooklyn 99 is not something I've ever heard of, but a quick Google search has me intrigued! Will definitely be adding that to my watchlist.

What is something that you got into, but realized that you really disliked it? Can be a hobby, game, book, whatever first comes to mind. For me, I'd say Star Ocean. I ended up playing it out of spite, and then hit a mental wall all together. Due to that, I steer relatively clear from the SO franchise.

Aye, I originally hailed from TN, but have moved further up north in VA. The temperature isn't too drastic, but here the snow sticks more often than not.

DBD looks to be a fun game. I enjoyed it the few time I tried it. Just could not grasp the art of weaving in and out well in the jungle gyms. Brooklyn 99 is not something I've ever heard of, but a quick Google search has me intrigued! Will definitely be adding that to my watchlist.

What is something that you got into, but realized that you really disliked it? Can be a hobby, game, book, whatever first comes to mind. For me, I'd say Star Ocean. I ended up playing it out of spite, and then hit a mental wall all together. Due to that, I steer relatively clear from the SO franchise.
This may be a hot take, but: D&D.

I got into it for my ex-partner though I realized that I'm really not sharp enough for improvisation and something about Roleplaying aloud is incredibly uncomfortable for me. I'm somewhere on the autism spectrum, though never formally diagnosed (my parents were exceptionally ableist), so while I'm fine with text, I struggle to use actual words from time-to-time. The worst part, though, is the amount of pre-existing lore and knowledge that you need to know. I sit in on my friends playing pretty much every week now, which is a nice backdrop to listen to while cleaning and cooking, but whenever they break character to discuss rules about spells or equipment, I'm always so lost.

Updated the question of the day!

Which season is your favorite and why?
Mine has to be autumn. I'm originally from New England and the area is beautiful around that time of year. Not to mention that it's the time of year for the best of the best: apple picking, pumpkin picking, Halloween shopping, and pulling out my favorite sweaters. My favorite holiday has to be Halloween too, so I always look forward to that! After living in Florida for years, I'm looking forward to living somewhere where the leaves will change again.

What are you looking forward to this summer?
I'll likely be working all summer, but in July, some friends and I will be going camping together. There will be about fifteen of us in total and it's partially split between online and real life friends. One of our friends is actually coming international for it too, so that's really exciting. Aside from that, I'm looking forward to going to something Pride related later this week. It's my first time attending Pride and I just bought a bunch of new clothes to wear there. And, finally, I'm just glad to be living somewhere new! I moved to my current place in January and I'm just glad to be back north, near friends, who I'll likely be able to see throughout the summer.

Thank you!

I'm excited to see what the Singularity brings. I've recently come back to the game and oh my, I absolutely adore the Skull Merchant! Cool lore, cool design, fun/interesting ability — I love love love love everything about her. And there's always some cool shots when you go to Mori survivors. I just think she's super badass. Survivor-wise, I mainly play Yun-Jin with Lithe and some flavor of the week perks that I change out a lot. But Lithe's been my go-to for ages now! I prefer it to Dead Hard.
37CsmGK.png

How's your Skyrim playthrough coming along? I've recently stopped since the game got a bit repetitive. I use some combat mods that make pretty much everything one-shot me, so my combat loop is staying far away and hoping I don't get hit, while hitting things and shouting at them. It's great that you've got some writing going, though! What's the longest-running roleplay that you've had? On Discord or otherwise!

Thank you!

I'm excited to see what the Singularity brings. I've recently come back to the game and oh my, I absolutely adore the Skull Merchant! Cool lore, cool design, fun/interesting ability — I love love love love everything about her. And there's always some cool shots when you go to Mori survivors. I just think she's super badass. Survivor-wise, I mainly play Yun-Jin with Lithe and some flavor of the week perks that I change out a lot. But Lithe's been my go-to for ages now! I prefer it to Dead Hard.
37CsmGK.png

How's your Skyrim playthrough coming along? I've recently stopped since the game got a bit repetitive. I use some combat mods that make pretty much everything one-shot me, so my combat loop is staying far away and hoping I don't get hit, while hitting things and shouting at them. It's great that you've got some writing going, though! What's the longest-running roleplay that you've had? On Discord or otherwise!
I somehow missed the Skull Merchant's existence. Guess I need to get back into watching others play the game totally playing the game myself because I'm not a fake fan or anything.

As for your video game related question, I'm actually beginning to burn out. Skyrim is excessively repetitive and it's pretty annoying how every major faction questline ends with your character somehow leading that faction. Most of the questlines are not very fun to begin with since they tend to be the same fetch quests of crawling through the hundredth dark crypt. I especially hate the crypts and caves because the darkness of the game (literally!) tends to hurt my eyes. I'm thinking of switching to New Vegas sometime soon.

For the Roleplay question, I would say that I'm not actually too sure? I had a long-running crossover Roleplay with my ex-writing partner that lasted for almost a year and I currently have a few on-and-off Roleplays that have likewise existed for about a year. I think the longest one I've ever had was one that actually completed the Roleplay and got at least two sequels, which was maybe over the course of two years, but I'm honestly forgetting. What about you?

I somehow missed the Skull Merchant's existence. Guess I need to get back into watching others play the game totally playing the game myself because I'm not a fake fan or anything.

As for your video game related question, I'm actually beginning to burn out. Skyrim is excessively repetitive and it's pretty annoying how every major faction questline ends with your character somehow leading that faction. Most of the questlines are not very fun to begin with since they tend to be the same fetch quests of crawling through the hundredth dark crypt. I especially hate the crypts and caves because the darkness of the game (literally!) tends to hurt my eyes. I'm thinking of switching to New Vegas sometime soon.

For the Roleplay question, I would say that I'm not actually too sure? I had a long-running crossover Roleplay with my ex-writing partner that lasted for almost a year and I currently have a few on-and-off Roleplays that have likewise existed for about a year. I think the longest one I've ever had was one that actually completed the Roleplay and got at least two sequels, which was maybe over the course of two years, but I'm honestly forgetting. What about you?

If you're looking for a good content creator, Otz is hands-down the best and most informative!

I feel you on the Skyrim repetitive thing, and becoming The Greatest Most Glorious Most Revered Most Beloved in every faction ever kinda kills the roleplay aspect of it, so I tend to do just one faction per playthrough and kinda have my own headcanon on that whole thing. Most quests are fetch quests with some spice sprinkled in. I can't complain, it's held me occupied for a long, long time either way.

Oh, gee, that's a good question. I wanna say it ran for about a year, maybe? Maybe a little bit longer, a year and a half-ish. It was a roleplay set in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. universe and followed two Loners who were just trying to survive and get to the Wish Granter so they could change their lives for the better. Eventually, we both kinda ran out of steam/drive/motivation to keep it going so we decided to call it there. In hindsight, it was far from the best writing I've had, but it was still really fun!

What kind of music do you enjoy?
What's the musical mood?

What are you looking forward to this summer?

Hopefully getting some writing in and spending more time with friends!

What kind of music do you enjoy?
I listen to almost anything other than bluegrass. I have nothing against bluegrass per say, but I find it exceptionally depressing and I usually need happier vibes to get me through the day. I don't have a favorite genre, but I generally tend to subscribe to variations of rock, pop, punk, alternative, and indie. Some of my favorite artists include Bastille, Hot Milk, STARSET, Coheed & Cambria, Fall Out Boy, and most cover artists. What about you?
What's the musical mood?
At the moment, I've been listening to 90s music on repeat.

I listen to almost anything other than bluegrass. I have nothing against bluegrass per say, but I find it exceptionally depressing and I usually need happier vibes to get me through the day. I don't have a favorite genre, but I generally tend to subscribe to variations of rock, pop, punk, alternative, and indie. Some of my favorite artists include Bastille, Hot Milk, STARSET, Coheed & Cambria, Fall Out Boy, and most cover artists. What about you?
All solid picks! I'll listen to really anything, but lately got FIFTY FIFTY's Cupid stuck in my head. Have you had a good day?

I've certainly had a productive day. What about you?
It's been a lot of free time, but even more of feeling lazy and being unproductive. However, feeling fine! Generally speaking, kinda just chill I'm not gonna lie.

Now just winding down before bed! What are you up to?

It's been a lot of free time, but even more of feeling lazy and being unproductive. However, feeling fine! Generally speaking, kinda just chill I'm not gonna lie.

Now just winding down before bed! What are you up to?
I'm procrastinating getting up to take a shower, haha. Any plans tomorrow or will it be continued chill time for you?

I'm procrastinating getting up to take a shower, haha. Any plans tomorrow or will it be continued chill time for you?
Tomorrow I'm going to be making a character sheet thingy for a roleplay on here. I haven't gotten around to it just yet, but I look forward to writing the whole thing up. You should go and do it, though! Feeling clean is really good.

What are your plans for tomorrow? Anything RPNation related?

Tomorrow I'm going to be making a character sheet thingy for a roleplay on here. I haven't gotten around to it just yet, but I look forward to writing the whole thing up. You should go and do it, though! Feeling clean is really good.

What are your plans for tomorrow? Anything RPNation related?
Well, I need to finish an application for college soon and probably take out the trash, but aside from that, I don't really have any plans. Not any for the Nation either though I've certainly been considering it.

What kind of sheet are you working on?

Well, I need to finish an application for college soon and probably take out the trash, but aside from that, I don't really have any plans. Not any for the Nation either though I've certainly been considering it.

What kind of sheet are you working on?
Oh, definitely do that! Apply to all the good places, and best of luck!

It's going to be for Astral Fulcrum. I'll have to go through some BBCode and just figure things out as I go. What have you been considering? 1x1? Group thing? Something else?

Oh, definitely do that! Apply to all the good places, and best of luck!

It's going to be for Astral Fulcrum. I'll have to go through some BBCode and just figure things out as I go. What have you been considering? 1x1? Group thing? Something else?
Probably one-on-one because I don't really have the time for group Roleplays anymore, but I'm not sure.

Probably one-on-one because I don't really have the time for group Roleplays anymore, but I'm not sure.
That's more than fair. It's best to take things one at a time and not overdo it for yourself. What kind of genres do you happen to enjoy the most in writing? Are there any special cravings?

That's more than fair. It's best to take things one at a time and not overdo it for yourself. What kind of genres do you happen to enjoy the most in writing? Are there any special cravings?
I'm big into apocalyptic, post-apocalyptic, dystopian, and urban fantasy vibes while I tend to be turned off by medieval, fantasy, and dice-related games. I'm not sure if I have a craving at the moment, but as long as I can play multiple characters at once, I won't complain.

What about you?

I'm big into apocalyptic, post-apocalyptic, dystopian, and urban fantasy vibes while I tend to be turned off by medieval, fantasy, and dice-related games. I'm not sure if I have a craving at the moment, but as long as I can play multiple characters at once, I won't complain.

What about you?
I've yet to see anyone complaining about a partner playing multiple characters! Doubling+ makes the storytelling aspect a lot more flexible and opens up so many opportunities.

Currently, I'm just going for what looks cool and unique. Usually I happen to gravitate towards gritty cyberpunk stuff and post apoc. I enjoy having a lot of interesting dialogue between characters, because you can always world-build through it, and when your writing buddy has the 'a-ha!' moment a few posts in, it can feel absolutely amazing.

But in other words, I guess I'm also trying things that I don't usually go for. Expanding my comfort zone, I suppose.

Are you handy with BBCode?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back