• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Naoto Shirogane
━━━━━━━ ● ━━━━━━━
BoltBeam BoltBeam Twice Knightly Twice Knightly

He was a kind king, this much was already proven by how he let them stay there as refuge. “Thank you, Your Majesty. If Rock-san isn’t against it, would you like to join us until it’s time for us to go?”

She looked towards Rock, awaiting her answer.​

"A leader has a duty to their people. You would do well to remember that -- I do not speak just to criticise aimlessly."

The tendrils sink back into the ground, like they were never there at all. Indeed it leaves the supposed threat free for a moment -- but she believes she has made her point well enough. Yes, she has already assessed what she feels she needs to know of the man next to her.

"...My name is Veronica. I am the princess heir to the throne of the Emblian Empire. The threat you face is a threat to Embla... so I came here to assist. Nothing more." She wastes no words on the how. It would be a needless explanation: what matters is that she is here, now. "And if you believe this one is a threat to that cause, then..."

Veronica's silver gaze almost pierces straight through the armoured figure.

"Act the part -- and tell us all what this is we face."

Blake Belladonna ~ From Shadows

3372e7ffe80695b998d91c0e14749bb6.png

Blake lowered her scroll to look at the source of the new voice, only to be met with a somewhat odd-looking... child.

She could only sigh.

It's not like this was an unprecedented case. There'd been various people his apparent age or less involved in these affairs already, by choice or otherwise. Still, it didn't fail to make Blake wince internally. It was the same thing that initially put her off about Ruby. No matter how much they could wish, this world wasn't one for idealists. The real world wasn't as simple as a storybook.

However, Ruby had proved herself more then capable, if still immature. She just hoped Raz would have the same skill; or at least the blind luck to survive.

"Not particularly." Blake regarded Raz simply, her concerns invisible to the rest of the world. She turned back to her e-book after what felt like giving him permission to be around her. It didn't mean she was in a rush to get to know him; not after what happened to the other people she'd gotten close to.

brandy-schmandy brandy-schmandy

Flandre Scarlet
━━━━━━━ ● ━━━━━━━
isupposeimphi isupposeimphi allegedlydave allegedlydave megar megar
Flandre, ignoring Reimu's insult, faces Rex in accordance to Marisa's introduction.
"You're a new face," bloodshot eyes gazing up at his tall stature, signifying an uncomfortable interest that spiked a hinge of tension. Fortunately, that dies upon the sudden shift of her voice. "Nice to meet ya! My name's Flandre Scarlet!~ Put it in there!" Gleeful eyes pair with her voice of unadulterated joy and almost childish demeanor. She offers a hand to him, eager to shake.

flanhappy.png

"... That's how humans say it, right?"

tumblr_inline_n9mdvuzV7L1s81zze.png

"That doesn't explain a thing about how or why you're here to begin with but... fine. We can worry about that later," Jason relents, because he really doesn't have the argue further. Not right now, with a crowd surrounding him and a potential massive fucking problem held at gunpoint. "This is The Meta. He's responsible for The Blood Gulch Incident - aka the reason Corvo, Aloy, and Price here are with us at all. To keep a long story short, he's a psychopath who kidnapped a bunch of people from across the Multiverse and put them into robot bodies in order to obtain a bunch of dangerous A.I. It didn't work, and he wound up exploding by the end."

Jason's finger curls around the trigger.

"But this isn't the first time the Multiverse has brought someone back from the dead..."

megar megar allegedlydave allegedlydave FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla TheElenaFisher TheElenaFisher CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow QizPizza QizPizza jigglesworth jigglesworth

Imperial Princess Veronica

A low hum escapes Veronica.

"When faced with countless worlds, death could often be considered little more than an inconvenience..."

This she knows -- and yet she says nothing more of it.

"A fascinating story, nonetheless. Were the circumstances any different, I would find it almost difficult to believe," she says, an almost childish smile starting to cross her face as the tendrils start to rise again -- albeit now holding nothing. It is little more than a simple threat. "Such creations are much like dolls, I understand. I wonder if its head comes off just as easily...?"

Josuke Higashikata and Byakuya Togami
"Oi... is it normal to be surrounded by creeps with this stuff?"

"Annoyingly so."

Micah Bell

"Gotta tell ya, Red," the cowboy snorts as his thumb applies pressure to the hammer of his revolver, "I have not a goddamn clue what the hell you just said to me. But, I'll give ya this. Many things I am, but stupid, I am not."

Jason sees Micah's other hand reach down to a holster at his hip. A moment later, his other hand has yet another revolver on the armoured figure.

"And in the interest of not bein' stupid, now or ever... I gather this guy's bad news. Which means I don't rightly know why we ain't given that helmet some fresh new eyeholes yet. We in agreement there, boss?"

Twice Knightly Twice Knightly megar megar FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla

Medic
Interactions: Twice Knightly Twice Knightly (Asuka)

Medic's Font = Germania One
medic3.png
"Impressive, ja? And zhat's not the only reason why I'm the Medic of zhis team," Medic declared, cocking his head and shrugging. "Your wounds were light - not zhe best demonstration, I must say. But zhese people just can't help getting blown to bits - no doubt you'll see its full potential soon!"

Medic was seldom seen without his trademark psycho-dentist grin, yet this smile plainly exhibited his vainglorious delight. Of course, when perhaps the greatest medical, technological and scientific marvel of all time is your brainchild - and yours alone - being excited to show it off can't entirely be held against you. It wasn't just the healing device he was eager to make a show of, either - plenty of casualties and plenty of danger doubtlessly awaited them. There'd be plenty of chances to show he was worth his bonesaw!
medicface.png

"I'd need to replace your arm and eye manually, but it's quite a simple procedure," Medic said, dismissively waving his hand as if he was offering to tie her shoelaces rather than replace her missing body parts. "Shouldn't take long - I can do it before we deploy. Shall I?"

b1e1f9b16fcc772106b188739c8e8126.png
Interactions: isupposeimphi isupposeimphi (Blake Belladonna)
IMG_3249.gif
Well, just because Blake wasn't in a rush doesn't mean that Raz wasn't going to make the effort himself!

The Junior Psychonaut nods as Blake gives him permission to sit by her, the silence between them hanging around for a moment... then, he stands up on his lev-ball and rolls a little closer, trying to get a good look at what Blake was reading!

"What'cha reading there? I have a good recommendation if you want something else to read after this all blows over, but it's more of a comic - still has a great story, though, even if the details aren't entirely historically accurate!" It'd be cool to have a fellow fan, plus Raz could then tell her about what actually happened! Turns out True Psychic Tales wasn't as true as he thought in the end... doesn't make it any less entertaining, though.

Last edited:
1701128438760.png

Interactions: Twice Knightly Twice Knightly (GM & Leo), Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun (Sage), Thexcentrichilean Thexcentrichilean (Hershel), QizPizza QizPizza (Alexis)
Mentions: ...

Silver gives a quick nod towards Leo once he was given a response. "Oooh, alright. I guess that's less... worrisome?"

He's not exactly sure if it really, but the one who caused the burst doesn't seem to be the malicious type. Actually, he looks pretty nervous in general. And it appears that will be the next person he addresses.

"At this table? Not too long." He takes a moment to chew on more of the fries he picked up, couldn't let them be wasted. "Well, long enough to have seen that, but it's all fine! Powers can be a bit unruly, it happens." He would know, handling psychokinesis isn't the easiest thing in the world, there's still a lot he feels that's left to be explored. Imagine the rest of these mental powers like the one this other kid appears to have? It does feel a bit stressful when thinking about it.

Deciding to formally finish his greeting, he sends a warm smile and a wave to the others next to him. "It's nice to meet all of you, I hope we can have a good time...!" He kinda fumbled with that last one, wasn't sure on what to continue saying. Hopefully it come out as nice instead of however else you can interpret that.

Soon enough, Sage's mental state is made visible to the group, causing Silver's attention to be directed at him once more. He attempts to reach out, even extending a hand, but retracts it once he sees Alexis start to take action first. Maybe he should wait now? Having lots of people around should be good for these moments, that's what he thinks, but it looks like it was that that caused this in the first place. Could be the influx of strangers... that would make sense.

He'll just idly tap his food box for now.​

• Price shakes his head, his fingers pinching the bridge of his nose as Dib tells his age. "Twelve years old... fuckin' hell." Well, at least Todd apparently didn't even bring the kid here, so it's not anyone's fault. To Dib's credit, he deescalated the situation with the koopa (quick), but unlike some of the other young MPF agents, he seems to be just an actual child. A non-powered, ordinary child, something they'll have to expend their time and focus to protect. Price isn't a babysitter, so Dib better learn to change his own diapers. "Listen to Todd, kid. Go eat your dinner."

Todd
    was hardly given any space to explain the koopa (quick) conundrum as a talking pony arrived on the scene. The pony piques Price's curiosity, but not for the obvious reasons of being a talking, presumably magical pony. That was rather self-explanatory. Instead, this pony, the "great and powerful Trixie", began inquiring as to why Todd did not bring other powerful ponies. She emphasizes that she is "great" and "powerful" a little too much for Price to fully believe it. A talking pony is one thing, a talking pony with self-confidence issues? Price takes a deep breath- this is going to be a long day.

The day is bettered, however, by the arrival of a familiar face. Price's ears perk up at the sound of the Lord Protector's voice, the Captain turns to greet him with a smile. "Corvo Attano. It's damn good to see you here. Wish it were under better circumstances."

The ashen-haired woman responded to his invitation, returning the banter. At her mention of this beating traveling alone, Price inhales sharply. "Give it some time, trust me," his light tone and smirk suggests he's being facetious, but anyone paying attention could see a distinct, pained look in his eyes that said otherwise. "Price. Captain Price." Ciri shares her occupation, so Price returns the gesture. "British SAS, though 'special forces' might mean more to you."

No sooner were those words spoken than did a portal open up at one end of the courtyard. Price's attention was caught, however, by a familiar, warming sight: "Ikaros?" Price turns around- Kassandra's bird is here, which could only mean-

The Meta?

His hand runs on instinct, finding the sidearm holstered at his hip, gripping it firm. Todd walks forward and confronts it, Lazarus raises his weapon, plenty of others get themselves involved, either brandishing their weapons or their words, trying to be voices of reason. Others being dissident. Price stops before arming himself, taking a closer look at the armored figure before them all. The weaponry is familiar, for one, but the giveaway is wrapped around the "Meta's" neck: Price's old scarf. His hand finds the red scarf on his own neck. As Corvo brings the bird forward, Price steps through the group.

"Oi! Hold your fucking fire!" He stops for a moment at Todd's side, not acknowledging the gun-toting cowboy on his shoulder, "It's alright Todd, trust me. Unless the Meta's gotten weirdly sentimental about our time in Blood Gulch," Price walks to the front of the group, beside the suit of armor, "it's not him." He looks into the visor, seeing only himself staring back. He scrunches his nose, smelling the blood on the suit, recognizing it well. Notcing her state of disrepair, Price offers his hand for support, not really thinking about the fact that it's a very heavy suit of armor.

"Kassandra- good to see you're still alive. You look like shit."

mori crop.png
CS

Her own more forest green eyes steadily return to meet Ciri's gaze as the Witcheress spoke. The ashen-haired woman spoke with trained caution, but not the rigorous discipline of a long-time soldier like Minthara. More than likely, judging by her stance, Ciri was plenty deadly with the blade at her back. It wasn't much to go on for snap judgments, but Ciri's calm was perhaps the most telling. It could have been caused by naivete, of course, but Reverentia preferred to attribute it to something else: Confidence. Whether that confidence was well-earned or entirely misplaced, who knows? She'd have to watch the woman fight to find out.

One long, pointed ear flickered in reply to the statement, almost dismissive. "Maybe. I'm not quick to trust the magic of strangers when others' lives are on the line." The ever-changing chaos seemed like it might have been on the way to calming down before one of the men present suggested shooting "The Meta" anyway. She wasn't entirely certain she disagreed. If the person's crimes were so grave, then they should be dealt with swiftly and with prejudice. Were she not in mixed company, she might have done it herself, if the things they did were as bad as those present were making it out to be. For now, though, that wasn't what she was doing. No, she was poking and prodding at a strange woman from another world for the second time in the span of a few minutes. The knowledge she gained could be imperative later, after all. It could save her life -- or theirs.

"And if they do break free? What then?" She asked in her typical monotone. The Hobgoblin continued to watch Ciri as she spoke, the nature of her questions not exactly discreet. If she wanted to be subtle, she wouldn't walk around dressed like a giant raven. "Are you going to lunge across the room, sword in hand? Cast a spell to disarm them? Charm them with your good-looks?" Reverentia, for her part, remained tensed like a spring. She knew exactly what she'd do if things got out of hand. Whether or not it would work was another story, but "insane" and "suicidal" were not things that had ever prevented her from leaping into danger before. She was more a woman of action than deliberation, after all.

TheElenaFisher TheElenaFisher

1701133700938.png
Interactions: Sir Skrubbins Sir Skrubbins (Frank West)
Mentions: ...

Quite quickly, Frank's flame weapon seems take effect on the poor frogsicle, melting down the ice coating that formed around Sprig's body. Once thawed out, his body shivers. "Ooough..." Looking from side to side, he holds onto the milkshake still with a drooped down face. "Is today tomorrow already?"

Eventually, his senses return fully, causing him to shake his head and blink right afterwards."Whew, alright. What was I...?" He squints, looking down at the shake, then at this new stranger besides him, then at the makeshift weapon. He cycles between these for a while before stopping at Frank.

"Oh! Flash freeze and quick warm-up, that's what. So this is why I feel all toasty." A part of his hand start to wrinkle slightly as he says so, causing the frog to be visually be alarmed. It prompts him to take one more sip from the cup, which seems to return his skin to normal. "Thank you, hairy gadget stranger!"

Ciri
——————«•»——————
jigglesworth jigglesworth FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2

“I’ll take your word for it, Price.” With how this group was shaping up to be, she’d do well to listen to him. This Price man was a captain… definitely not the captain of a pirate ship but the occupation he said would’ve been a giveaway if not for the outfit. Though she had to wonder what exactly he meant by special forces.

Not right now though, they were dealing with their mysterious new person.

Price’s words indicated that this was someone that they knew this person. A friend, a comrade. If he knew this person, Kassandra if she heard correctly, then there was no more need to be on edge. Ciri relaxed, able to focus on the conversation with Mori. Speaking of Mori, she couldn’t disagree with her but in this situation they’re in? They couldn’t afford to distrust each other.

A small laugh came from her at her last question. “Funny. Seeing as how the situation has changed, there’s no need to think of a battle plan. Though lunging at the enemy with a sword in hand isn't too different from what I do.”

Should she inform them of what she could do? On the one hand telling them would help with trust and distrust was something they couldn’t afford to have but she didn’t know these people. Telling them could result in more trouble for her.

She didn’t need more people coming for her blood after all. It ended with the Wild Hunt and it should stay done there.

…fuck it.

It was best that they don’t distrust each other because of her blood. They were allies now of course.

“…Lunging is what my powers are good for half of the time in a fight after all.”

mori crop.png
CS

The vigilante met Ciri's laughter with that same, needlessly intense green-eyed stare as before. Had she been joking? Who knew?

"Not really a battle plan, when it comes to just jumping on top of a single person in a crowd. Harder not to hurt the people on your side than it is to get at the person at the bottom of the pile." Whether Reverentia was satisfied with the answer or not wasn't outwardly clear, once more turning eyes away from the Witcheress to watch the others while they spoke. As before, it wasn't so much about there being a right answer as it was seeing what sort of answer Ciri chose at all. She continued to present herself as level-headed. Even-tempered. Admirable traits, should they not go so far as to breed weakness. Nearly the opposite of Reverentia's own quiet, beneath-the-surface simmering. So, perhaps, to the extent that her internal dossier on the woman standing next to her continued to grow larger, Reverentia was satisfied, after all.

As for the mention of "powers," she didn't flinch. After all, she was hardly mundane herself, and nearly every person in the Wild Hunt had some sort of supernatural ability or other. Hers was perhaps the most mundane, in that it largely just meant "being really, really strong." Of course, if Reverentia knew the full extent to what Ciri was talking about, she might have leaned forward a bit more. Fortunately, the Blood of Lara Dorren wasn't something Reverentia would've found too perturbing, even if she'd known what it was. "Your powers are... to lunge at people with swords?" She asked, a hint of amusement managing to creep into her voice. "I might know a few dozen criminals, knights, and mercenaries with powers like yours then, Ciri." That time, she was probably joking.

Probably.

TheElenaFisher TheElenaFisher

• The armored intruder's head lowered to the ground for a few moments, placing one palm against the wall for minor support. This lapse in attention, no matter how small, was enough for things to escalate before they even knew it.

"If you can talk, or if you can even understand me, then I want you to tell give me one good reason why I shouldn't put a bullet right between your eyes in the next three seconds."

Their helmet snapped back upwards at the voice, before shifting ever-so-slightly towards Jason's gun. Though their face wasn't readable, it appeared like the figure had paused to assess their new situation until Illumina ran up to try and play the role of a peacemaker. A curt chuckle came from the suit at Illumina's remark towards Jason, though it certainly sounded hoarse and quiet. For a moment, it looked like they would finally speak or react to the latter-

until a set of tendrils wrapped themselves around their legs.​

The mage's intrusion, combined with Lazarus' threats, only served to put the intruder on guard. Even with the impending threats, their gauntlets snap towards their arsenal on their back- particularly, the hilt of a golden sword and a hand-sized spearhead. If anything, the crowd seemed to make them more wary than before Micah's appearance finally does the trick. Slowly, but surely, their right hand moved to unsheathe the sword despite the tendrils. In fact, it seemed like they knew this motion was obvious- like their own way of demanding the others back off from them.

Even as Veronica's gaze pierces through the helmet, they wordlessly gaze back at her- though at Jason's explanation of "their" appearance, they seemed to try and clear their throat. The interruption thanks to the princess' resummoned tendrils only warrants another tug on the sword- halfway out when the rough cowboy draws his second revolver, only furthered by this hostile act.

At this point, Corvo had noticed Ikaros, who chirped happily at the prospect of following along before moving to perch on the Royal Protector. For a large bird of prey, his grip was surprisingly gentle- like he knew how to handle himself around others. Simultaneously, Price approached the armored figure. Only upon noticing both men approach them and Aloy in the background did the figure's tensed stature relax, finally releasing their handle on both their sword and spearhead despite their previous apprehension.

When Price reacted negatively offered to the blood and offered his hand, they quietly nodded. The "Meta" raised their palms up slowly, revealing no hostile intentions, before pressing them against their helmet and lifting to reveal...

Last edited:
Imperial Princess Veronica

She's almost disappointed. A case of mistaken identity... it'd seem this woman is an ally to the group after all. In that case, Veronica doesn't have any reason to bother -- the tendrils finally subside for true, and she turns her gaze away, folding her arms with a sigh.

"It's not as fun if it's a real person..."

It's hard to tell if she's joking or not.

GYSGT LAZARUS HUANG
WTrFQ7I.jpg

Art by Black Powder Red Earth
Link to CS

INTERACTIONS: FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla (Kassandra) megar megar (Princess Veronica) allegedlydave allegedlydave (Micah Bell)
MENTIONS: jigglesworth jigglesworth (CAPT Price) Twice Knightly Twice Knightly (Jason Todd)
NEARBY: StaidFoal StaidFoal (Corvo) darkred darkred (Aloy) TheElenaFisher TheElenaFisher (Ciri)

CCbhe98.png

As the tension built, the appearance of a disheveled gunslinger and the questions from the princess did not ease Jason in the slightest. Though he was unfamiliar with the intricacies of the MPF's group dynamic, it wasn't much different from leading men and women into battle. Doubt and insubordination can tear a team apart far quicker than the enemy ever could. At least the princess had the sense to take a half-step back when realizing the effect of her questions.

While Jason's explanation of the threat was reason to worry, Lazarus didn't feel like it was unreasonable. Neither the crimes the Meta committed nor the possibility of him returning from the dead. Especially not the latter when Lazarus's namesake was one such man. However, it was strange that the Meta had not attacked them first if they were really as crazy as Jason made him out to be. Glancing towards Price, Lazarus caught a glimpse of recognition in the Captain's eyes. Did he see something that the others couldn't?

Suddenly, as if reacting to the combined threat of everyone threatening him, the Meta reached for his weapons…though it came off as a show of force, rather than an act of hostility. While Lazarus wasn't about to let down his guard, Price suddenly stepped between the group and the Meta…or perhaps not the Meta. Lazarus flicked on the safety and allowed his rifle to lower just enough to avoid flagging Price as he tried to gauge the situation. It took another moment for Lazarus to fully lower his weapon, just as the armored figure released their weapons and held their hands up.

When they finally took off their helmet, a tired, weary woman was revealed. Kassandra. Laz heard her name just a moment ago, but it didn't register until he saw her face. He'd definitely seen her before, just like Jason, though he feared the same complication. That said, it also solidified in his mind that this armor was not what he was looking for. At least she was an ally.

"Apologies for the less-than-friendly welcome, Kassandra. I think you can understand that most of our situations are like your own." Lazarus didn't even know what he'd lost to Ganondorf's invasion, but it didn't mean that he couldn't try to understand how others might be a bit jumpy because of an armor that had once been positively identified as a threat. "If you're as hard to kill as the gore on your armor implies, your help will be invaluable."

Lazarus shot a glance back at the gunslinger and at the princess, trying to imply that it would be wise not to provoke the matter any further. The Marine extended an arm to the weary warrior, his watch still ticking backward and humming with a strange air, "Gunnery Sergeant Lazarus Huang. Please, let me help you with your fatigue. It's the least I can do after pointing a weapon at you."

Ciri
——————«•»——————
FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 QizPizza QizPizza

It didn’t really seem like much of a battle plan, she couldn’t deny that, but it was better than doing nothing when it came to a potential threat. Thankfully the threat was nonexistent now but what happens the moment there is one to the group that isn’t Ganondorf or Twilight? One that wouldn’t give them much time to come up to a battle plan?

Thinking and coming up with a plan in the moment? It was a double-edged sword sure but you had to. It could be the difference between life and death.

…thinking about it, the way she worded that made it sound stupid. “Sort of. It’s… something in my blood. If you blinked, I could be from one end of the room to the next.” Very vague, Ciri. But if she wanted a demonstration, battle was the best time to do so.

All it takes is patience.

Ciri casted a glance back at the group dealing with the person in the armor and sure enough like the name implied, a woman was underneath the helmet. A woman… with a bird companion. Much like how Yennefer used birds though she created those through magic but this was an actual bird no doubt. From what the man said, she was hard to kill which in this situation was a very valuable ability to have.

She looked back at Mori. “What do you make of all of this, pointing weapons at allies aside? Certainly better than staying back in my world but that’s what I wanted to do. The situation however… I would rather every world stay safe, mine included. I’m sure that everyone else shares that sentiment though, yourself included?”

2560px-Black_Rock_Shooter_logo.svg.png

378-3784488_brs-main-black-rock-shooter-png.png

She was relatively pleased to hear the laughter that came from Naoto after her comment about her hands being full - nodding in acknowledgement. "That is true - but perhaps it is better that they 'are' full? At least that way you are keeping busy - and also being productive with your time. Even if there is a lot of pressure that comes from it, it's better to be hard at work than being idle."

It also made things a bit easier when Naoto seemed to understand her worries regarding the people and this world they are now in - and though Naoto was reassuring her, she merely shook her head with a frown. "There are no guarantees, detective. Even if we try our hardest, there's no certainty that everyone and everything will be okay."

Before she could respond to Naoto's final comment, a certain voice rang out from nearby - derailing her train of thought altogether. She swiftly recalled who's voice that was from what little she heard earlier. It belonged to the Wakandan king - much to the surprise of both herself and Naoto.

"I thank you for your concern - but please, do not worry about us. If we did not think we could take care of ourselves, then we would not have taken you in."

“Y-Your Majesty! We do not doubt that you can’t handle yourselves but please, allow us to repay you for taking us in!”

"I insist that it is no trouble at all. You are repaying me by taking on Ganondorf. If anything, it is I who should be repaying all of you. Providing you refuge before your mission is the least that I can do."

Hearing this, of course, was music to her ears - even though she was still somewhat worried for them, she could rest a bit easier knowing that the people will not be as defenceless as she has previously assumed - if the king's words are any indication. If you looked right at her during this brief period of time, you could see the vestiges of a smile appear on her face before she spoke, absolutely delighted to hear this.

"You're positive you don't require anything more? You've saved many of us, if not all of us, from what could have been our darkest days. If we did nothing more than what we are set to do now, it would be a disservice to your kindness." Even with her positive mood, she spoke as flatly as ever - in fact, she was quite surprised about all of this. Suddenly all of her worries were squashed, flattened, and whisked away - as she looked to T'Challa with this look of admiration - and though her face was now straight-faced as ever, you could tell she was very thankful for what he has done already. "The confidence and willingness you have already shown to make such a sacrifice in the first place is worthy of respect, sir - and I'll be damned if we let it go to waste."

“If Rock-san isn’t against it, would you like to join us until it’s time for us to go?”

"Do not feel obligated to join us, but the option is there - if you'd like." She nodded in response as she looked at T'Challa with a contented look on her face - he knew very well the kind of sacrifice he was making, and she had recognised his confidence - the faith he has put in himself and his people - his home. He seemed more than willing to do whatever he could to help the multitude of people here for the time being, and she was... for the lack of better words, in awe. She couldn't put it into words as she returned to an extended silence for the time being probably says more than she could have hoped to - in their time here, the group was in good hands.
Hex Code: #487ea8
Font: Tahoma
Status (physically): Fine
Status (mentally/emotionally): Fine
Items: Rock Cannon (inactive), Black Blade (inactive), Watch (inactive, on right wrist)
Skills/Abilities: Superhuman strength, speed, and durability
Course of action: N/A
Interactions: Naoto TheElenaFisher TheElenaFisher , T'Challa Twice Knightly Twice Knightly
Mentions: None
Nearby/In Group: Pretty much everybody

Last edited:

Blake Belladonna ~ From Shadows

3372e7ffe80695b998d91c0e14749bb6.png

"It's a science fiction story. About two opposing time travelers, changing history on behalf of their warring empires." Blake explained evenly. It was somewhat more complicated then just that, of course. But, it's not as though she was under obligation to go into depth about it. Not that she even could if she wanted to, she'd only made it a third of the way through the novella, if page count was to be believed.

Blake closed her scroll and pocketed it. As much as she could've just kept reading, kept tuning him out... she couldn't help but feel guilty at the idea.
"Go ahead." She wouldn't call herself much of a comics fan. That, was more Jaune and Ruby's interests. It was far from her favoured medium of storytelling, but she'd be lying if she didn't have any kind of interest in them. Ruby had tuned her on to some very, very well-composed comics, such as The Night Crusader Reborn.

brandy-schmandy brandy-schmandy

Jason had been pretty close to taking that cowboy's advice and pulling the trigger - but Price's intervention at the very last moment stopped him in his tracks. The resolve in his conviction is enough to make Jason listen, and reluctantly, he steps back to let him proceed. That turned out to be the right call, because when the woman removes her helmet and a recognizable face is shown, Jason finally lowers his gun in full. He stands there to listen to her speak, eventually holstering the gun by the time she's through.

"Sorry about that," he apologizes. "You probably already know this, but things are pretty shit right now. The last thing I wanted to deal with was a bad guy showing up before we could even leave."

He nods to the pager.

"Glad you had that with you, though," he looks between her, Corvo and Price. "We'll be heading out soon, so unfortunately you guys probably won't have much time to play catch up. There's some watches on the table over there, though. Make sure you grab one before we set off."

With that, Jason turns away entirely. He shoots a glare in Veronica's direction as he does so. He does so just long enough for her to feel his eyes piercing behind the helmet, before he turns away again. His line of sight lands on the one who showed up alongside her. The old cowboy, Micah Bell.

"So... she gave her deal, think it's time you give yours."

FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla allegedlydave allegedlydave megar megar jigglesworth jigglesworth StaidFoal StaidFoal CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow

1701172956634.png

Rex struggles to hide his bafflement, but to his credit, the newcomer doesn't seem to mind. It all happened so fast -- a new face that Reimu and Marisa seemed to know, whose energy, if Rex had to admit it, was putting the hairs on the back of his neck on end.

And then, the other shoe drops.

Rex rubs the back of his neck with a sheepish smile, doing his best to get the apprehension out of his system... only to give Flandre a grin as wide and bombastic as he can manage as he takes her hand and shakes it firmly (but not too firmly).

"Heh... I like your attitude, kiddo."

megar megar isupposeimphi isupposeimphi Miso_Tofu2.0 Miso_Tofu2.0

Micah Bell

"My Lord, that's a lady?"

At least his priorities are in the right place. He turns on his heel to face his cohort, stowing his revolvers in their holsters, though not without a look caught somewhere between disgust and curiosity shot Kassandra's way.

"Alright, alright. Unfortunate mishaps and mistakin's aside, you got me there. So gather 'round the campfire, let's all... get chummy with one another, hmm?"

Micah steps around Jason and starts toward the table, talking as he goes.

"The name's Micah Bell. That's about all you gotta know about me that can't be, ah... inferred at a glance, if you're followin'."

He turns back to face the group as he straps a watch to his wrist.

"Outside of that... I'd say you ain't very good at mindin' your own business, Red. We all got flaws, I get it. The noblest step of all... is admitting 'em."

Twice Knightly Twice Knightly megar megar jigglesworth jigglesworth FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla

leo2.jpeg

"Huh?" Leo was, admittedly, so engrossed in his burger that he hadn't noticed Hershel thank him at first. "O-oh, yeah. No problem. I've been on missions like this before, so I know how important it is not to set out on an empty stomach." He can't help but find himself smiling a bit as he watches his interaction with Irin. All the while, Leo keeps biting down on his burger, though his bites are slower now. A part of him hopes he can wrap this thing up and take it with him. Hopefully the next universe will have a microwave or something...

From there, he just sits back and watches everything. The family dynamics aren't really something he feels like he has any place to comment on - but even so, he can't help but smile at it all the while. It reminds him of how he'd interact with his own family, back when they still had something resembling a normal dynamic. The sight of these guys doing it fills him with a sense of nostalgia that he rarely gets to feel anymore, so he's more than happy to just sit back, enjoy his burger, and take it in.

559adbb70693ec3979bca9ae7d3c269cfa22abae.jpg

But then, he perks up. The guy who knocked over the lamp, Sage, seemed to be pretty overwhelmed. Apparently, the family dynamic wasn't as happy as he thought. Or maybe it wasn't even a true dynamic to begin with? That's how it sounds, anyway, with how he's talking about how he doesn't know these guys. It piques Leo's interest, admittedly, but he's still not really sure if he should try and comfort him. Alexis seems to take point on that front, anyway. It's probably best if he doesn't get involved from here - comforting people's never really been his strong suit. Especially not when it's about matters he hardly understands.

So instead, Leo turns to face someone else who seems equally put off by the situation - Silver.

"So... you're a hedgehog, right?"

leo3.jpg

"How's that going?"

Thexcentrichilean Thexcentrichilean bluefrostie2 bluefrostie2 Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun QizPizza QizPizza

Users who are viewing this thread

Back