• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Latibule: Making a Haven for Ourselves

boo.

keep precious things

'Latibule'

The very near future - the fad of modifying babies in the womb came to an end when there arose certain "side effects". In particular, genetic modifications that allowed for fantastical powers and abilities. The scientists said it was a hiccup; the parents said it was a tragedy. There was an entire generation of children told they were mistakes, that they were horribly scarred because mommy wanted a girl with big blue eyes.

Are we scarred? I say we aren't. We look just like you. We can do everything you can. And more. Much more. In fact, we could do so much more that you told us we had to hide it for the past twenty years. Keep humanity safe, you said. Let them forget what happened to you. But we're still here. Our powers are only growing with us, and it's getting harder to hide them. Trouble is, you get mad when the world sees what we can do. You hurt us, make us pay for your vanity and greed.

We don't want to fight. We just want to live in a place where we won't be feared or hurt. We need a haven; a latibule in which to thrive.
Ahh, I was just craving an RP in which people with powers could band together, like a big family. Couldn't find one, so here we are! This takes place in an alternate reality where pre-birth modification causes children to be born with powers we could never imagine(actually we could, which is why I'm making this).

The RP will begin after a particularly nasty case of a rouge moddie(as those with powers are called), which causes the news to blow up with propaganda against moddies, making violence against them even more prevalent. So, in a place often referred to as a "moddie bar," some old friends gather and decide that enough is enough. They have never been promised safety by the governments that call them the problem, so the only way to battle this is to create a safe haven for others like them; a latibule.

This might actually be one of a series of RP's. The first is this, in which the haven for moddies is created. The second is when the haven is faced with the government's opposition, and the third could stem from what happens then. So, if you stick with this, you could possibly see your characters grow up!

This will be advanced, with an understanding of grammar being expected and a minimum of three paragraphs. Two characters per player, and a max of ten players for now. That could always be due to change, however~

Also, looking for a Co-GM, because I think it would be much easier with one, especially if I open a discord for OOC and plotting. Bonus points if I know you!

code by pasta pasta

Last edited:
What kind of rules will there be to this? What restrictions in terms of characters, what post requirements, other rules and restrictions...

Huh!! Interesting! I'd offer to help co-gm but I'm so fickle and forgetful I fear I wouldn't be much help.

Sure is! We've started, but only just barely. You're free to make a sheet and jump in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back