• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Knights of Pine Shrew

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Gether's belly rolled with laughter as she watched the knight tackle down a man in order to take up a new sword. She shook her head and removed the sword from her elbow, taking it up as her own weapon now. Her arm leaked her blood. It pooled quickly below her in a small puddle, but she paid it no mind. That was a good trait to have. Whether it was someone else's weapon, a farm tool, a branch or a blade of grass, one had to figure out some way to collect an object they could use for battle, lest they die in the midst of it.

Gether's hands didn't sit on the hilt of the sword though. She wrapped her fingers around the middle of the blade instead, twirled it between her finger and swung it like a spear mixed with a strange hammer at Esmeralda as she lunged forward, and stomped a single foot to make the pebbles beneath her quake again.

Gether puzzled Esmeralda by the way she held her sword, it was as if she never used one before. Also, she had the audacity to use Esmeralda's blade, when she had so many others to use instead. What else was that whole fiasco at the beginning if not to inform Esmeralda of the number of weapons Gether had at her disposal, and it was quite impressive she was able to keep such things on her. Planting her feet into the ground Esmeralda titled left, dodging the spear-like action, and sent her fist towards the ogre's throat.

Gether approved of her abilities at dodging. Esmeralda was quick on her toes and her thinking organ worked just as speedily. That was a quality that Gether didn't have herself. Not only was she a slow moving being, she also normally took on the hits and blows as her body could handle it. However, that was also her down fall if she wasn't careful. Too many cuts, too much blood loss, riddled with broken bones, there was a point in which her body could shut down. So far in her life, it'd only happened on rare occasion. Even that handful of times though made her wary of the possibilities.

This time, as she watched the fist aim at her throat, not only was she slow to move, but she decided to brace for impact. Her trajectory was dead on, it hit with a remarkable amount of force. Enough to make a single wheeze peel out of Gether's airway, but not enough to make her lurch forward or cough. Human fists didn't easily measure to her tank-like skin, and she would have hoped that Esmeralda would have known better, especially after having successfully broken her skin twice. "You have a sword and momentum, use them," her voice was gutted and raspy. She twirled the blade in her hands, facing the grip of it toward the knight and raised it to attempt to land the pommel against her head.

Esmerelda had indeed had a change, while he figured she still processed the loss of Jak her renewed determination showed in what quickly became a gruesome fight between the pair, he considered ending the brawl at first blood but let them fight on. The ogre after all was tough enough to hardly take notice of the injury, Rather their fight moved from playful banter to serious combat. However, as he watched he leaned forward in his chair. Neither showed any sign of slowing down, indeed they were both so far drawn into the challenge he wondered if they were left alone if they truly would fight to the death. He suspected not, but they seemed like they might get close. He stood from his seat and grabbed at the banister in front of him. "Enough!" HE bellowed loud enough for them and the crowd to hear, even over the sounds of their clash. He stared at Esmeralda for a moment. She needed to find a way to properly deal with her loss. He was concerned this was being channeled into her fight here.

He raised his hands to show nothing was truly the matter to his people. "That will be sufficient I think. We are not fighting to injury here only to determine one's skill and worthiness." So far the Ogre had shown admirable skill, as well as a mouthy nature. It was a stark comparison to Jak, but he reminded himself this was not so personal. He simply needed to find another knight. "Esmeralda. Do you think this Ogre skilled enough to join for what we will face?"

Esmeralda stared at the king in disapproval, he'd stopped the battle when it was just getting good.

"Man," thought Esmeralda as she tried to health her sword, quickly noticing it was not her own, "I was really looking forward to owning this girl."

Looking back at Gether, Esmeralda contemplated her answer to the King's question, saying yes would likely mean having to encounter the blabbering fool in the future, something that wouldn't do well for her health.

Turning back to the King she gave him his answer, "No my lord, her fighting is sloppy at best, only giving few heavy blows from here to there, which might I add are very easy to dodge. When she walks, it thunders the earth making it very hard for her to be stealthy, which given the enemies of the kingdoms we might encounter brings both her and whoever she works within danger. I'm sure there are many more knights far more qualified for what the kingdom faces."

Her voice now was loud now laced with the anger she felt about everything in her life. Jak, Zathar, and the fact the battle was not over had brought her to the edge. Esmeralda quickly realized this and lowered her voice, "That is unless you feel differently my King."

Gether stopped the swing of the pommel and peered past Esmeralda toward the King who had decided to interrupt the brawl. Her shoulders heaved a shrug and she cleared her throat as she looked back and forth at the knight who also stared at the King, then to the sword. Now, ogres didn't always play nice, it'd be a fantastic time to swing that sword and take advantage of the situation. But this was the King. Doing such a thing in front of someone with royal blood would be disrespectful. Thus she backed up and put her hands on her hips, the blade of Esmeralda's sword clinked against her armor as she squeezed it between her palm and the metal on her side. She listened to the knight's reasons for not wishing to fight along side her. Gether couldn't help but nod at a few of her statements, even on one occasion lifting her unoccupied hand, pointing and wiggling her finger at the knight and saying, "She's right there. Not stealthy, not at all!"

When she finished saying every negative attribute about Gether, the ogre lifted that same hand toward the King to urge him to listen to her next. Gether walked forward, took the sword from her side and directed at the king with it, pointing the hilt toward him as she held onto the sharp tip at the other end. "I'm not sure what push you have on this decision my Highness, but I do implore you to hear me out." Gether twisted toward Esmeralda and unceremoniously slipped her sword back into her sheath for her before addressing King Baile again. "Surely you've knights that can take hits and offer even stronger hits. I'm no different than a heavily armored knight. The only difference is that it's my own skin, HAH!" she belted, extended her arms with her palms open and toward her, then pounded her own belly once, but it sounded as though battering ram had gone off on castle doors. "My kind can be decorated in scars and still push forward, can heave massive amounts of items and still stand to battle against someone with speed and grace. We may be the most graceless thing on this world, but we can knock someone down or help them on their feet. At least, I know I can do all of that. What do ya' say your Highness!?"

King Baile listened to both offer their thoughts on the matter. Esmeralda offered some fair points. Most of the things she mentioned however where things that could be taught. True the Ogre lacked finesse, but with some proper technique could surely reign in such tendencies. Gether offered surprisingly little in her defense, acknowledging her faults and shortcomings. Yet the things she mentioned were not so bad. Also, the toughness of her race was extraordinary and could not be ignored. Even despite the injuries she had suffered in the bout, she showed almost no signs of pain. "Esmeralda, I do not hire knights to be stealthy, If I desire sleight of hand I will hire an assassin." He paused at that, the thought of hiring an assassin surfaced in his mind. He would consider such later.

King Baile looked at Esmerelda and Gether in turn. "I accept Gether on the principle that you are to help train her Esmeralda."
With that, he backed up and sat down his word final. He motioned for Esmeralda and Gether to join him on the stand. He also motioned for the speaker to move on to the jousting part of the tournament. With the pair before him, he could speak a bit more privately as the noise of the crowd washed out their conversation from prying ears. "I had intended to delay this longer but I cannot stand to anymore. Gether I know I said I wanted to have you trained and I will however if you do accept becoming a knight of Pineshrew I will make you one on the spot as I need something very badly from the both of you." Jak's body had been left behind and Baile did not blame Esmeralda for it. She was correct to hasten back with the news she bore. But now he could not do all that he desired to. He needed to retrieve the man's body but he also needed new knights. He could stay and with Zathars help pick ut more. Gether however was the first promising candidate he had seen.

"I need you two to retrieve Jak's body. He deserves a proper burial. I wanted to go with you but I cannot part from my kingdom as of now. Are you two up for the task?"

Esmeralda turned to the King shocked, he wanted her to train Gether, a person whom she had so recently bashed publically. How crazy was the King, maybe all the black magic he did finally got to his head and he had started to finally lose it. Now she would be forced to face a mission with this girl, a mission to go and retrieve the body of her dead partner, which might not even be there anymore. This whole thing just seemed like a bad idea, but who was she to try and disobey an order from the King. No matter her feelings, Esmeralda sucked it up and gathered her response.

"Yes my lord, how soon would you like us to leave," replied Esmeralda, keeping her head down so he wouldn't see her true emotions.

Gether was visibly confused that the King had extended the job to her and what's more, decided for Esmeralda that she would train her. What's more is that he ushered them to his stand. Her brows shot up and the dawning realization that she was chosen. She moved forward, all the while she spat into the palm of her hand and rubbed the saliva on her wound on her elbow and did so again for the cut on her jaw. Gether proceeded to whip her hand to flick off the remaining blood and spit while she shoved past people to get to the King's stand.

Listening to what the King had in mind only added to her befuddlement as he wanted to make her a knight as soon as possible and go out on some sort of quest for a body no less. "Well fipersolem, sure, I'd love to be a knight, but who is this Jak and why is he a body?" She looked between the two and quickly backtracked as whoever this Jak person was seemed evidently important to them. "Right, right, let us be on our way whenever you wish for us."

King Baile sighed at Gethers's befuddlement. It was expected he was asking much of a fairly unknown person. "Jak is a knight who served with Esmeralda only a week ago. He lost his life to a mage wielding dark magic. I do wish to give him a proper burial. That is not the only reason I will be sending you on this quest, however. I also want you two to bring me back any items that may be of interest. The mage may have had other items of interest on him as well as the Ork." King Baile needed more items. He needed something that could give him clues as to Argo's whereabouts, anything to give him an edge. "As far as your knighthood goes Gether, complete this first mission for me and you shall be knighted. Until then I grant you the same rights I would as a guard in my service. You will receive wages for your time. Upon your return, we can discuss your further armament and receiving a coat of arms." In the background, knights clashed as they charged at one another on their mounts.

"I will have the two of you immediately. I fear I have already given the enemy too much time. I cannot leave but Alvaro will see you off." He gestured for Alvaro to come over and the man immediately obliged. He lead the pair away from the tournament and to the stables. "If there is anything the two of you require now is the time to ask."

The King was stressed, that much was obvious, but Esmeralda paid that little mind. Realizing where he was sending her Esmeralda was determined to not break down again, for the king was entrusting her with this new knight of whom she was to train (no matter how annoying she found her) and it would not be good for Gether to find her mentor a crying sniffling idiot. Composing herself, she gave her father the proper information needed to properly equip them for their journey.

"The ride isn't too long," replied Esmeralda, "Only a days times, and if we leave tomorrow morning we could do in a day."

Turning towards Gether, she inquired on the novice's riding experience, "Gether, have you ridden before and if so can you ride a regular steed."

At some point or another, Gether was, for the most part, just agreeing with everything said and going along with it. She wanted to be a knight, and thus joining Esmeralda on the journey was crucial in its own way. Before leaving, she was sure to gather up her cape that held her weapons and placed it on her back once more, but decided to keep her axe to her side for quicker access. Upon being asked about her riding experience, she extended her arms to either side of her and appeared to be measuring how large a hoofed beast would be. "Ah! Yes! A horse. I've seen many people riding, uh... those."

She cleared her throat, put her hands on her hips and took a step back. She toed at the ground below her, tapped her foot and began to grumble, "I've seen some of'em fancy people ride through my ol'woods with them. Apparently pretty useful. Can hold some weight, I'm sure. Yes, a horse!" She patted her side and eventually said, "Nope, haven't even touched one."

"The king wishes you to leave immediately. There is still sufficient time for the two of you to make it today if you leave at once. There are horses ready for you." Alvaro looked to his daughter, concern evident in his eyes. It seems her first mission had nearly lead to her death had it not been for Jak keeping her safe. Now only a week later King Baile was ready to send her out again, Alvaro doubted his daughter's readiness. She had wallowed for a week and did not look like she had made a full recovery yet. At the same time, he was proud of her for finding a will to continue. "Please be safe Essie."

Alvaro turned to Gether. "It seems the king may have been a bit hasty in allowing you on this quest, yet all the same his options are very limited. We will put you on a mule that is trained to follow the horses. You will simply need to not fall off. Proper horse lessons will be given to you later then." Alvaro called out to a stable boy to ready the Mule instead of the regular horse. The boy nodded and quickly set off to ready the mule. Before long the newly procured Mule and horse were brought forth."There are 3 days of food packed, should you need it. If you are gone longer than that. We will send a search party. King Baile assures me he would personally lead such a search party, to find the two of you." In reality, the only reason Alvaro knew King Baile would do that was the involvement of his own daughter. While he was an advisor, the king was also a friend. "Now please make haste there is limited time."

Esmeralda climbed onto her horse and replied to her father saying, "I will, I'll be back before you know it."
in
out
in
out

went her breathing as she tried to calm her nerves about being sent out so soon. She may not agree with the king, but she did believe that Jak should be given a proper nordic funeral and be able to return to his gods. She only hoped that they would be able to travel back there without much issue, hopefully with the death of those in the cave the wolves would be eradicated in the area they would now be entering.

"Gether, have you ready yourself enough to be able to leave," said Esmeralda, turning towards her, "We will need to leave now if we want to be able to get back before nightfall."

Gether nodded a few times as Alvaro suggested she use a mule and upon seeing it, she put her hands on her hips and gained a determined look. This. This was far more fitting for her taste and style. She'd never seen creature as majestic as this. Given, she was sure that learning how to ride a horse was beneficial, especially as she didn't know how to control either a mule or a horse, but one that could path find by following would do. "I'll try my best to not fall off, not guarantees or promises though," she laughed and swung a leg over the mule. There weren't many times where she hadn't trekked with her own two feet. The soles of her feet were heavily calloused as they should be, but, she had to admit, it seemed like a rare commodity to be able to ride a beast. Saving that energy for anything that could happen was a sure way to survive.

"I'm ready," she adjusted her shoulders and straightened her back. A smile beamed from her. Every bit of her wrote how ecstatic she was to take part in all this and what's more, that she was chosen to begin with. Gether wasn't exactly sure how she'd procured the position, but she had every intention to perform as well as she could. "Let's be on our way."

Esmeralda watched as the girl situated herself on the mule, sighing to herself. If this girl was to actually become a knight she would need to be trained in horsemanship. After receiving confirmation of Gether's ability to leave, Esmeralda pushed her heels into her horse, sending it galloping forward. Esmeralda silently prayed that the girl would be able to keep up.

The road to Jak's body wasn't too difficult, but unbeknownst to them, there were many things lurking in the shadows. Hearing a twig snap, Esmeralda held her hand up in a fist, signaling for the mule to stop and for Gether to pay attention. Hearing a growling come behind them, Esmeralda quickly got off her horse and unsheathed her sword, prepared for the enemy she knew oh so well, a pack of wolves.

"Prepare yourself Gether, there could be a wolf attack ahea-" A

A wolf sprung out of the bushes, and attempted to latch onto Esmeralda's shoulder, she quickly dodged, and swung her sword down, sending the body to the floor. 9 more wolves emerged from the shadows, snouts snapping at the pair of knights.

Chuckling Esmeralda yelled back to Gether, "I hope you're ready for a fight, looks like we are in for a pit stop."

Gether waved goodbye Alvaro as they left. She'd just met the man, but she felt it only right to say goodbye to someone there. The mule automatically followed behind Esmeralda's horse, as was promised. It had surprised the ogre though, and she found herself nearly falling back and off the mule. With a wave of her arms to throw her balance into place again, she was fine enough to keep going.

Part way into the trip, Gether put her hands on her hips and looked back and forth at their surroundings. "Well, would you look at that. There is a whole new perspective being up here. I can see a few more branches than I normally would. There are some birds up in the trees and, I do truly love those winged critters. Oh, look! Look! There was a hole in that tree!! It was small. I wonder what lives there now. A small rodent, bird, maybe some little man. Who knows! But I wouldn't have seen it if it wasn't for this here mule!" she patted the side of the beast she rode. It was such a neat experience that she didn't dare forget. Surely there was lots to be learned up there.

Gether took a deep breath and sighed. "The air is more crisp up here too. That is wonderful. I technically didn't even get that high off the ground." She reached behind herself and removed a small knife from off her cape. She rolled her shoulders back to relax some and while the mule did all the work in following the horse, she pushed that knife beneath her fingernails. Chunks of dirt and gunk flung out as she cleaned them. Usually Gether didn't bother, but on such an occasion as this, it seemed only fitting.

She paused in her cleaning though as Esmeralda began to speak in such a way that it tugged at her attention. "Oh!" Gether belted as a wolf bolted from the vegetation and went to attack the knight. Esmeralda was quick to keep chompy creature from locking its jaw on her shoulder, but it wasn't over with the one. Gether was prepared for that. Where there was one wolf, there was a pack.

At the sound of Esmeralda's chuckle and warning for the battle soon to come, Gether beat her hands against her belly and belted, "Hah!!! What glorious fun this will be!" She grabbed at the bladed tip of the knife she'd been using and chucked it at the nearest wolf. Sending it spiraling through the air with the intention hurdle it into the wolf's skull.

Three wolves began encircling Esmeralda, giving her flashbacks to the fight she and Jak had at Leo's farmhouse not too long ago. Some things never change apparently, probably meaning that even in the absence of those killed by Jak in the cave, the wolf threat was fully operational in the forest. She wondered if this was the work of Argos, a man even the King feared. Maybe if she brought a wolf back the King could use his magic to understand what hold this Argos had on them. Bringing the hilt of her sword to one of the wolf's heads, she made a note to be sure to bring on back to the kingdom.

As wolves went to surround Esmeralda, Gether about went to jump in the fold of her battle, but, as the knight seemed well prepared for such a thing, she figured she could let her be. Gether reached for her axe on her side and swung her leg off the mule. She dropped down the small height with a large thud and swung her axe into her other hand. She double checked to be sure the wolf that'd been struck in the skull had gone down, then with a rounding motion, used the corner of her axe to slice at a wolf's face, then, once she'd done so, lifted it high above her head, jumped up and slammed it between its shoulder blades. The axe lodged into it, thus she pulled her elbow near her side, dragging the beast closer to her. It tried to stop her, pushing its paws into the ground, but it didn't prevent her movement. One close enough, Gether planted a single foot onto the top of its head, near its neck, forced it into the dirt and pulled her axe before thrusting it again and finally killing the wolf. "Faster," she told herself and launched at another.

Aximan, the lead wolf stood at the back of his pack. Already half of his pack had perished to these warriors. It was too much too soon. They would not eat well tonight as they would not find victory here. A growl rumbled from his throat and with a bark he called the pack back. they turned and fled into the thicker part of the forest. His pack had only run a handful of steps before a new scent stopped him. Man flesh caught his scent again, but this smelled older near rotting now. He paused and turned to look for the source of it. He froze as footsteps charged towards him. Snapping twigs and rustling brush erupted outward as a large man charged from the brush and began to attack his pack. Within moments Aximan found himself at the end of a sword, it did not pause in its destruction and ended him along with the rest of his pack.

The bloody armored man stood sword in one hand breathing heavily. "More." He smelled others nearby, others who were untainted by the blemish of corruption as he was. He began crashing through the trees heading towards the scent. All were to share the corruption he did or perish. Many did not share his corruption. As he ran through the forest various leaves and bushes he came in contact with took on a dark tinge, black magic coursed out of pores and coated his flesh. He smelled putrid and parts of him looked as though they were rotting. Yet he moved with incredible speed and agility. He came upon the pair who had dared enter his part of the woods here. He exploded from the cover of the branches and yelled a mighty beastly howl. He attacked the being nearest to him immediately. An Ogre by the looks of it. "Share the corruption Lass, it's easy..." Jak swung his sword in an overhead arc at the ogre and attempted to knock her over. He turned his head and looked at the other trespasser. She looked... Familiar... "Hello I'm Jak, do I know you?" He cackled and ran at her sword over his head. "Doesn't matter!"

Last edited:
Esmeralda's head turned to face the thunderous roar that erupted from the woods, jaw nearly dropping as she realized who it was.

"Jak," she whispered to herself, not believing the sight in front of her. Except, this man wasn't Jak, he was instead corrupted by dark magic, evident by the dark lines running throughout his body and the rotten stench that followed him. The man she once knew as her mentor stood before her, though he was not the man she had mourned over. She dodged to the left as the man's sword sprung down to her head, cutting off a few strands of her fiery hair.

"Yes Jak," she said, answering the man's question, "You do know me, I am Esmeralda, I was your partner until you died two weeks ago. Though whoever did this to you must have made you forget who you were."

Tears began to flow down her face as she explained this to him, clouding her eyesight for a little while.

"And now I have to fight you don't I?" she asked, lifting her chin to meet his eyes, where she saw nothing but her own reflection. It shocked her to see herself so disheveled and cracked as if she was back in the time where her mother died

More tears flowed freely down her face as she spoke to him again saying, "Kill me if you must, and appease whatever lord you must serve now, I'm just sorry I didn't take your body back with me originally because then we wouldn't be in this mess in the first place."

Last edited:
The more Gether went after the wolves, the better her speed became. She still wasn't swift, but she began to learn places that were most effective on the beasts. Her strikes landed much more critical blows and she halved the time it took her to kill the first wolf. Even as they were being taken down by the two of them though, a continuous uneasiness brewed and festered inside the ogre. When the wolves retreated, Gether didn't celebrate. Esmeralda wouldn't have known this, they didn't know each other long enough that she would, but for Gether to not cheer at a clear victory was abnormal.

Birds strewn about the forest were quiet in their chirping. That was a sign that Gether always considered, but this time, she tried not to think much about it. A battle had just ensued and finished, all the critters of the forest would be fearful and huddled in burrows and holes of the trees. This was nothing new. With that thought, she put the axe onto her side again and shifted the cape on her back to be sure the other weapons were still there. The weight felt the same. So all was well. It was over. That fast? Her shoulders just about lifted in a shrug as she went to fetch the mule, but she stopped midway and spun around at the sound of steps and then a howl. She went to snatch up her axe once more, but without the proper time, all she managed to do was lift her forearm and let the strike hit there.

At his next attack, she managed to peel off one of the plates of armor on her thigh, raise it up and used it as a makeshift shield. The blow hit and then she heard him speak and say his name, "Jak?" she mumbled to herself.

Gether didn't turn her eyes from Jak until she heard the scoot of dirt and the scrapes of armor from Esmeralda sitting at the time of battle and in front of their sure opponent. Her jaw fell and she barreled forward. The plate of armor dropped to the ground, with each extended leg, she tried with all her might to press the balls of her feet into the ground to shoot herself forward. She was still an ogre though. She was still slow. Thus, she didn't motion for any other bits of her equipment. Didn't grab her axe, remove her cape, her only aim was to get there.

And, much to her gratifying luck, she did, though, not as one probably should. She lifted one hand, extending her fingers out wide, keeping her palm open and felt Jak's sword hit there. She clamped her fingers around his blade, similar to what she'd done to Esmeralda, but it broke her skin. With her other hand, she swooped down, grabbed the leather at Esmeralda's armor, tightened the muscles in her forearm and forced her off the ground, enough so that her toes were inches off the ground. "No!" she yelled. "No! No! No!" How she spoke could have seemed as though a child was throwing a tantrum, but in the heat of battle, words had forsaken her until she could take pause in the situation. "Where is your sense!? You'd let yourself die like that?!" she belted louder and pushed her body weight toward Jak to try to keep him under control, though, she wondered how long she could hold that out. "I have only just met ya'. With how you fought... are you the same person?" Gether pulled Esmeralda close to her, enough for the knight to be able to smell her putrid ogre breath. "Stay back. We'll talk later." Then, Gether tossed her some and let her fall to the ground. She turned to Jak, honing in on the new threat. "I can kill him for you a second time."

Jak let his sword rip towards Esmeralda. The blade craved flesh and he was certain to find purchase here. He did indeed meet flesh but not in the form of a fatal blow. Rather a hand from the smelly Ogre interrupted his attempt. "Do not assume me to be a simple feat for you to best foul beast. I shall have your flesh as well as hers." Jak drew a dagger with his other hand and now held a sword in his right and a dagger in his left. The dagger dripped the same strange black energy that much of his body did. Clearly a weapon of black magic. "join the ranks would ya?" He cackled as he lunged forward slashing with both dagger and sword. This would be simple the girl had already given up so now he only had to fight the Ogre.

After his lunge, he did not rush. There was no need. Rather he called out to the girl. "I think I know you now. Master told me of you. Did you carry the message like a good girl?" He took a step back giving himself room from the Ogre. He slowly began to circle looking for an opening like a bird of prey. "It was naughty of you to come back here. You were not told to do that. You should listen better." He swung his sword wildly at the air. "There is no other message for you to carry so now I Have to kill you." Jak lunged again any resemblance to his old fighting style was gone. He swung with reckless abandon and made clunky slow efforts. His body almost seemed to disobey his own actions. But the blades would do no less harm if they hit the mark. Low and high. Stabs and slices. Jukes and dodges, all came at random. On occasion, he would swipe for Esmeralda as well. Hoping to score a cheap hit.

Esmeralda's body hurt as she fell to the ground after being chucked by Gether, a girl who had just knocked some sense into the poor girl's head. She was a different fighter than Gether had fought, making her realize why she'd gotten into knighthood in the first place.

Zathar placed his hand on Esmeralda's shoulder, causing her to look at him. "While a knight has many responsibilities ranging from good to bad, the most important one you will ever fulfill is staying true to both yourself and your kingdom. I've seen many bad things happen in my career but the fact that I go on anyway shows how good of a knight I am. I trust, that you will remember the same."

Jak is dead, and the kingdom would be worse off if she died too, luckily though Gether had reminded her of that. The very same Gether who as of now had no weapon, meaning that Esmeralda had two options, either give the girl hers or fight off Jak herself. She chose the latter and stepped in front of the ogre, blocking a blow from above her head and pushing his sword off.

"I did deliver the message I was instructed to tell, but unfortunately for you, King Balie of Pineshrew was not afflicted in the slightest, and requested that I come back and retrieve my dead partner's body, which you have now corrupted with dark magic. Good luck killing me with a fighting style such as that, it almost as if you've forgotten all of your previous training," she said sending her sword towards his right shoulder.

Jak's random pattern of attacks ceased suddenly. Esmeralda had gotten up, she was speaking again. She was addressing him. He gave a dark grin as he cocked his head at her. He pushed Gether away and looked at Esmeralda and stood weapons ready for a moment. Talk was boring, he had already done enough of that now was time for stabbing. TIme for killing. She did the best thing he could hope for she swung at him. He hardly moved as the sword cleaved a part of his shoulder from his body. "Hey, I was using that!" His shoulder did not bleed but merely oozed slowly.

Hey rushed at her holding sword and dagger forward like a pair of spears he intended to impale her with like tusks on a Hog. "Bleed." As he neared her he spat at her face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back