• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Kazragun - OOC

Well they are higher on the initiative list than Ves. Hopefully Ves will be faster on the next combat. Meh. However the d20 lands I'll still work with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's headed in your general direction - whether he's going for Baird, Findil or Wren remains to be seen.

Best case, Findil. 

Maybe an archer(in the terms of his fighting style) but he's still a fighter.

Skirmisher is a good term for him, good str, still going mainly in slinging but he can do both melee and such. 

@Silanon standard reach for a non reach weapon is 5 feet. 

Swift action for 5 foot step means Findil is out of range. 

Just to make sure I understood correctly: You want to use your move action to draw your weapon and get somewhere between the lonely goblin and the group around Aeon, right? In that case, you can't take a 5-foot if I'm not mistaken, as it's only useable when you're not moving otherwise. Also, your slinging with the goblin right in front of you, meaning that he can take an attack there as well. If you 5-foot-step backwards first, you can avoid that, but not move later on.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Just to make sure I understood correctly: You want to use your move action to draw your weapon and get somewhere between the lonely goblin and the group around Aeon, right? In that case, you can't take a 5-foot if I'm not mistaken, as it's only useable when you're not moving otherwise. Also, your slinging with the goblin right in front of you, meaning that he can take an attack there as well. If you 5-foot-step backwards first, you can avoid that, but not move later on.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

A 5 foot is a swift action, not a move. 

with a bab +1 you can move and draw a weapon at the same time.

the post before made it seem the two were as such.

Gob - Fin

What it was, from what you say was this.

Gob

-

Fin

You can five foot before a move action, but not after. 

However, I'd be moving past it now that I see it's still in front of fin, I saw the psot as the gob came beside him, fin not getting an opp att through the fact hes using a sling. 

Either way, this is more of a mechanics talk then a struggle, either way the gob got the att of op, unless he has combat reflexes then he gets two. Chainmail really working it today eh?

Use of actions in order.

swift, 5 foot.

Standard, sling.

Free, drop sling

move, move forward and draw spear.

Free, halfling bravado?

Action economy is confusing at best, strange and anomalous at worst. 

had to learn the ways of the action economy off by heart due to fighting giants.

I hate giants.

I went through all of rise of the runelords and after 9nth level all enemies are giant and or huge. 

At a point it was stack con and hope to kill them before they kill you. 

In the srd, it's described as a different kind of action - not swift, but miscellaneous - and says it's only allowed if you don't move at all otherwise - or am I missing something there?

Anyway, Findil would take the hit when running past the goblin, so it makes no difference in the end, especially since the armor took the hit anyway - sorry for not being clearer in the post, and thanks for noting that something is off.

In the srd, it's described as a different kind of action - not swift, but miscellaneous - and says it's only allowed if you don't move at all otherwise - or am I missing something there?

Anyway, Findil would take the hit when running past the goblin, so it makes no difference in the end, especially since the armor took the hit anyway - sorry for not being clearer in the post, and thanks for noting that something is off.

truely?

2 years of doing that shit wrong.

guess it was a mix up with withdrawing? not sure.

in anycase matters little, just getting talk outa the way.

Any chance of an Attack of Opportunity on the goblin that tried to hit Wren?

Damn this is tense. Oh and I looked up the rules. My domain spell is inaccurate as it was from a previous build focused on healing. It's now Magic Weapon from the War Domain. We have to defend the squishy mage, Aeon knows that from the troupe. He got smashed by three in two rounds, he doesn't like the odds against 5. He knows it's his duty to die for his team though. So I suppose He'll charge in and swing, telling Baird to run. That's his plan at the moment. In the meantime I'll be rolling up a druid named Noea....just in case :D

@SherwoodThat certainly would make sense - I'll add that.

@RitzyWhy odds against five? They're only three left in total - the number in the initiative order is just the number of the goblin, so that everyone can keep track where each individual goblin came from. It's a good idea to help out Baird, though, and Aeon should be able to reach him by charging.

I'm going a bit off the cuff as Aeon is praying. So let's just say a supplicant spirit is guarding his body while his mind is occupied communing with Arete. 

When I started to make my Veskassdak watches the camp post, I got an idea to show how different the mindset of a lizardfolk is. Hence why he decided to have goblin munchies (TM). Not being a mammal, he was curious about how goblins tasted. This curiosity will probably come up again in the future as different "meat" is encountered.

I had the thought of jacking up profession cook in the future, though it won't be humanoids cooked a good aligator or perhaps something more exotic like a Chuul(probably tastes like lobster) or maybe in the future dragon steaks.

Would that be a good idea? Better then simply eatting rations on the road.

I'm wondering what Baird would think when you eat his distant relative...

Baird probably would react differently based on the dragon. Chromatic ones are assholes whereas metallic are good guys.

Well, you don't eat metallic dragons outright, you give their souls prayers and give thanks to bahamut for taking it's soul in his arms. 

Then you ask if it's okay if we use the body! 

If not, okay, give it a proper burial.

If so, use all parts with honor. 

If it's a chromatic dragon, pfft, Tiamat don't give a shit.

Thought I'd move us forward either today or tomorrow - anyone eager to get a post in before you once again hit the road?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back