• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Kananto Village] The Dead Awake at Night, Part 2 (Blue Viscera Occult)

Sophia Smith

sample-e25e620a4ac0f2f48f2b6f686977373b.png

Sophia frowned at the protection he brought up against her attack, but her look of annoyance was changed to pleasant surprise at how her bolt tore through the zombies he used as meat shields. But she wasn't able to dwell for too long on that fact as one of the zombies started to attack her. She up her crossbow once more, firing off a [High Powered Heavy Bolt - D Rank] right at the zombie's face, thinking over what the frog girl had said, her eyes drawn to the amulet.

She moved back, putting another bolt on the string as she brought up the crossbow again. She spoke out of the corner of her mouth to Selani, stating, "Could you cover me first?" Her eyes fixe on the target as she took a few moments to aim to be assured of the accuracy before, finally, she squeezed the trigger, firing her [High Powered Heavy Bolt - C Rank] directly at the necromancer's magical focus around his neck.​

After giving a quick nod to Sophia, Selani looked toward the remaining undead, scanning them for anything she could use. But unlike the previous zombies, these held no weapons of any kind, making Selani let out a slow, exasperated sigh. She'd have to rip off one of their arms to use as a bludgeon at this rate. Maybe that'd leave a scrape on Dahak, if not further entertain him. "Alright, I'll see what I can do. Hold tight, miss." Selani muttered, going into a crouching position. She carefully slinked past Sophia and towards the approaching undead, still keeping a good eye on Dahak. Though the necromancer had plenty on his plate right now, it wouldn't be unlikely he'd try another underhanded trick.

As Selani sneaked closer, she caught a glimpse of Renee's magic enveloping a zombie in front of her, reducing the corpse to ash. Though the smell of charred flesh started to weep into her nose, Selani still managed a small chuckle. "Cool trick, 'Nee. Gonna need a lot more of those, though." Selani wasn't sure where she got 'Nee' from or why she was even making nicknames here of all places, but after being called 'frog lady' so many times, Selani figured it'd be fitting to give the witch a bad endearment of her own. Still, Renee's spell didn't manage to take out all the zombies, and though they didn't seem to be in a rush, Selani wanted them no closer than where they were. So, she searched her brain for a solution, and eventually, a strange thought crept into her head.

Selani turned her head towards Renee, a low "Hey, 'Nee. I've got an idea - a reaally bad idea." Selani tried not to cringe at her given nickname and instead pointed over to the advancing undead, "I'm gonna see if I can knock em' back a little bit, then you can try to cook em' with that spell of yours." Selani slowly backed up and zeroed vision on the closest zombie, getting into a low position not unlike an ordinary frog. Though not as thought-out as the chandelier one, the idea was to launch herself at the undead and, if all went well, kick them away.

Selani leaned back and, with a deep breath, swiftly pushed off her legs, sending her flying towards the closest zombie. As she did so, she maneuvered herself where her feet would be striking the zombie's abdomen, just like a dropkick. Of course, Selani lacked the same superhuman strength as her fellow outsider Su Chen, so her attack wouldn't do much to damage the zombies physically. But with her strong legs, adequate speed, and intrinsic [Jumping] skill, she was bound to knock them back a bit, if not stagger them for a while.

Dahak's Experimental Chambers

1653617557375.png

Dahak's Theme

Renee Nyx

1653617626109.png

Renee enjoyed the power she wield that burned the undead with light and fire, she stared down at it with a smirk. She kicked the ashes and began to walk up towards where Dahak was but she was called out by Selani, that frog lady! Renee stared at her with a look that showed she was confused and almost cringing. " 'Nee...? " She asked quietly to herself with a raised eyebrow. When told that Salami had a idea, Renee looked over at the warriors fighting then back at Selani when she explained that she would kick a undead in front of her and she can obliterate it with her light. She was going to protest just as she kicked down a undead in front of Renee, she stared at the undead for a moment and then knelt down in front of the undead, sticking her hand out, " Come forth, light that obliterates the undead... " she whispered.

• Ray of Light - E - Magic Affinity E. Light Affinity F, Magic Range F, Fire Affinity F, Energized E: Renee summons a light source in her hand that extends into a beam that burns away organic matter up to 10 feet. - 0 Post Cooldown.

Renee smiled as she watched the Ray of Light burn away the undead, she looked up at Selani, " I love burning things. " She stood up, having the ray of light stop. " Come, Salami, let us kill this necromancer. " Renee began walking her way over to the lone necromancer. She watched what was happening and began to conduct electricty in her body. " Come forth... Bring me the power to cast a bolt of energy. " she whispered. When she saw a opening she would fire a bolt of lightning at Dahak.

• Lightning Bolt - D - Magic Affinity D, Electric Affinity E, Magic Range E: Renee conducts electricity through her body and into her fingertips, pointing two fingers at her target, Renee releases a powerful bolt of lightning that reaches around 30 feet. - 2 post cooldown.

Dahak was laughing, toying with these fools that dared to face him, he would take their souls and use them for his own goals. Sensing Gawain coming thanks to the Lifelend, he turned around and blocked his attack with the two halves of the staff, smacking the skeletons shield down, suddenly, Dahak took a stab to his chest, his eyes widen under his mask as he stepped back. " You dare... " Dahak growled deeply raising his staff up about to bring it down on Gawain's head, only for a stab to come from behind, feeling Kalina's rapier stab through his back and out his chest. Dahak growled again, " You fucking bitch...! I'll make sure to rip your fingers off...! " Dahak swung his arm back and smacked Kalina in the temple of her head with his staff, throwing her to the side as he pushed the rapier out of him, now distracted.

Dahak heard a loud call, his head turned to then feel a fist in his side, his eyes would see that woman Su Chen, the girl he kidnapped for his experiments, she was strong and he would love to take her strength. But then he would feel himself fly through the air, he still stared at Su Chen landing on his feet staring at the warrior. He stood straight up growling. He was tired of this! He didn't know but his upper armor was gone, his mask had fallen off but he cared not.

legion_of_the_fallen___fallen_undead_mage_by_tsaber_d9dqh7r-pre.jpg

" I'm going to fucking kill you all! " He did not care about taking them all alive, he saw Kurikara coming his way, Dahak's eyes widen as his amulet glowed brightly. He then fired a large green beam forward, blasting the warrior back. But only for a lightning bolt to strike Dahak, knocking him down on his knees. His body was smoldering as he felt a bolt fly through his chest, his looked down and saw it stabbed through his amulet. " Oh no... What the- " there was a large blast of green energy in front of Dahak that blasted him back into the platform that was originally standing on.

When the smoke cleared, Dahak was laughing evilly still, his voice weak as he laid on the ground, a pool of blood surrounding him. " Well. It looks like I got defeated. " Dahak was still laughing. " By a group of flea ridden bastards. " Dahak'a front body was burnt, he could barely move. " I will live. You will not kill me this day. " he laughed still. " But you probably have questions or you want to silence me. It matters not to me. I want the Blue Viscera Occult dead, but you won't be able to stop them. " he growled.

" No! Nonono! " Renee yelled running up to the body of Dahak, sliding onto her knees to look and see the Lifelend broken, a bolt stabbed through his body. " No! The Lifelend! " she looked up at Sophia, " Why! Why did you do that you stupid bitch! " Renee looked like she was going to cry. She cared not for the necromancer, it was the amulet he wield. She pulled out the copy she had, seeing its glow die off as it then fell into ashes onto the ground. " No... It was perfect... The perfect tool for immortality... " Renee muttered, looking defeated. " Now it's gone. " she turned her head to Sophia. " I want to rip your limbs off, one by one, and feed them to you as you suffocate on them. " Renee's voice was full of sadness rather than anger. It was so close... So close... Immortality...

Interactions: Elvario Elvario EMIYAman EMIYAman LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Silent Angel Silent Angel Dante Verren Dante Verren The Last Curse The Last Curse

Kalina Chivernu
Mentions: Renee Skyhunter Skyhunter | Sophia Silent Angel Silent Angel

Kalina felt more than a little disoriented. Why was the room upside-down? And why was it spinning and fading in and out? And why was she so awfully thirsty? The only thing they were able to afford was water, as although it tasted funky, the rivers and wells provided that for free. Did she get hit by some machinery in the factory? Her shoulder surely felt hurt... wait. Oh no. She mangled her arm in the machines! Realisation set in. She wouldn't be able to work like this, it'd bring her family to ruin and... Something didn't feel right. Hadn't that happened already? Slowly, realisation started to set in. She was stuck with a memory of the past, it wasn't the present...

She blinked a few times, as she realised the straight smack to the temple had made the lights gone out for a bit. Right. She got a straight hit to the temple! She suddenly panicked. She was fighting Dahak! She quickly checked. Her limbs were all there... no gaping holes in her body either. Okay, so far so good. Her shoulder was still hurt, but there was nothing new there. Other than the pain in her head and lingering thirst, she seemed to be alright...

Did that mean..? She looked around, only to see Dahak lying on the ground and all her companions alive or, well, unalive. Either way, it seemed like they won, didn't it? Her short moment of happiness was quickly overshadowed by seeing Renee in distress. Was something wrong? She managed to catch a few of Renee's words, just enough to get a grasp of what was going on here. Her sisters obsession with immortality was stronger than she it was when they finally re-met each-other in Kanato. It clearly wasn't just that Renee had grown up a lot in the time they'd been apart.

Kalina tried to quickly get up to mediate, only to realise her body wasn't exactly okay with the 'quickly' part as she almost fainted on the spot. She managed to hold on just well enough to fall back to her knees and stay 'around' in the realm of consciousness for now. “Fuck...” She muttered to herself, as she realised she'd need to take it slow.

Now a bit more carefully and steadily, she made her way to Renee. She automatically went in for a tight hug. Mostly out of emotion, but partially out of needing a bit of support whilst her head was still booting up some basic functions, such as keeping balance and maintaining continuos vision. “It's alright. We'll find another way.” She said, holding her sister close. “We don't need to rely on filth like Dahak, we can take his knowledge and research and use it find or make something much better.”

She had some questions for Dahak, but she wasn't really in a good continuation to formulate them, so for now, she decided to leave it up to her teammates to interrogate the beaten necromancer.

Sophia Smith

The blacksmith watched her shot fly true, causing the focus to explode in a spectacular fashion. Her crossbow came down cautiously, still unsure if the fight was continuing, before her eyes fell on Kalina. She moved over to the vampire as she groggily stood, partially ignoring the insults, but when Sophia's friend spoke up for her, she decided that it would be best if she also said her piece. "Renee, look at him. He looks dead himself. Do you want Kalina to have to watch you shrivel up like that? It might be immortality, but it wouldn't have helped you truly live forever."

She stared at the witch a few more seconds as she thought about what she said. Truthfully, that wasn't the reason she was glad it was gone. In her mind, she could only think about everything that person had done. They were from where she was, and so she knew that they had been brought up with the same morals. But coming to this new world and living so long with that thing tied to their neck had messed them up. She didn't want anyone getting ahold of that, especially not someone like Renee who was already halfway to where that creature was. But, for the time being, she had a more important thing to deal with.

She turned, looking over Kalina, reaching out with a claw to brush away the vampire's hair to get a better look at the girl's temple. "It looks painful, and it's probably gonna bruise, but you'll pull through after some rest. But I think a healer wouldn't be amiss if there's one back in town." She paused before saying, "And... I know you've been suffering for the past short bit. I'm sorry I couldn't help you sooner, but..." She unbuttoned the top button of her blouse before pulling the collar away enough to expose the flesh underneath to imply to the vampire what she was offering, and to give her a straight shot if she wanted to take the offer. "I think I can help you now, if you want it."

Renee Nyx

1653698108690.png

The witch looked over the burnt body of Dahak who was still alive, she stared at the Lifelend with saddened eyes. " Its gone... My immortality is gone... " Renee would feel Kalina's arms wrap around her as she leaned against her sister. " Kalina... it's gone... " she almost cried, hearing that she didn't need to use Dahak's dark magic Renee stared at Dahak's body. " Yes I do... His magic is a key part of immortality. He's ugly looking but he discovered the path, the key to it. " Renee pointed out to Kalina. " I wish I did more, sister. Then I could live as long as you could. "

Renee would hear Sophia talk about how pathetic and shriveled looking Dahak looked like, she didnt want to hear Sophia's voice and stood up, walking up to the spider woman. She brought her arm back and slapped Sophia across her face then grabbing her throat, wrapping her hands around her windpipe. " Fuck you bitch! I should pop your head off like a... A... A pop! " Renee was in her emotions, her face full of anger and sorrow. Renee was choking her hard, tears rolling down her cheeks. She was rather weak, her grip could have been loosened or even pushed away from Sophia. " You costed me eternal life with my sister! This was all for her! All for me! "

Interactions: Elvario Elvario Silent Angel Silent Angel

Sophia Smith

Sophia's eyes widened as she felt the grip tighten around her neck before she slowly slowly pulled the hands around her throat away from her. She bit back all the vitriol she was about to spew at the lady, understanding that Renee was in a state of confusion. Her eyes bored into the other girl's as, after a few moments, she spoke, but contrasting the loud, emotional voice of the witch, her own was calm and cold. "Do you want it for her, or for you?"

She paused for a few moments, thinking through her words as she let that hang in the air, before continuing, "You let that final sentence slip, but I think that is what this is all about. All this time you've hated me because I was friendly with your sister, and you want immortality so you can spend eternity with her, but with the way you're going I could see no worse a life for her. You just tried to kill me because of the rage you feel being set back like this, and you think that your sister is going to, what, thank you for it?"

She took in a breath, and let it out, her emotions starting to fill her words. "You see, I thought that it was just something like you were overprotective of her, but it isn't that. Throughout this entire time, you've only reacted to what happened outwardly. When she was hurt, you got angry. When I came up and talked with her, you wanted to kill me. But throughout all that, you never seemed to pay attention to what was happening underneath the surface. Did you even know she was suffering this entire time? That she's been weak because she hasn't had blood recently? No, you never even asked how she was doing."

She grit her teeth, the rage truly and clearly seeping into her voice as it started to rise. "Now I understand what you see your relationship as. She isn't a person to you. She's a prized possession. Something that only you should be allowed to touch and like, without ever caring how she felt about how you treat her. You think she wants to only have you as a friend while you go and murder anyone who you see as a rival for her affection? You think she wants you to drive yourself insane to try and become immortal for her like this? Using a power that has already corrupted someone from another world? Someone with similar morals taught to them there? Do you think that with the path you're going on, where you were willing to choke me because I destroyed something evil, that you wouldn't fall the same way he did?"

Her voice rose further until she was near yelling. "You think your sister would enjoy you having a full monopoly on her? Just you forcing her to not have anyone else close to her just in case they might replace you for some of her love for hundreds of years? Since I have gotten here, outside of when we've fought, I haven't seen you say or do almost anything that a person could be proud of, and you think that's alright, because it's for the sake of your sister?"

She breathed heavily, her face stinging from the slap and her throat hurting from both the choking and the yelling. She forced herself to calm down, shaking her head to try and help clear it. Finally, she trusted herself enough to continue. "There will be more heartache you can imagine if you continue like this. You're going to not only break your sister's heart, but make her have to make choices she would never want to do. I know you both love each other, but you're making this into such a toxic relationship that there is no way in hell it can go on this way."

She walked a few paces away before slowly sitting on the ground, letting out a slight groan as she did so. She placed her crossbow across her knees as she rested, her eyes blinking slowly as everything that had happened that night started to catch up to her, causing her body to ache. "I'm probably being too harsh, and I'm sorry if I am. But this just feels... wrong." She grimaced and shook her head once more. "But, even with all of that, I know there's something good in there. And I know it because, when everyone else wanted to do away with Tarko, you were the only one who wanted to save and help him. Even if it might have been for less than pleasant means, you still helped me convince the others to save him, and because of that, I know you still have good somewhere in there. But that makes me even more glad that I destroyed that... thing's focus. Because I have no clue how quickly that spark would have been squished out if you had gotten ahold of it. Even now I don't know how long it will last. After all, you did just try to strangle me because you couldn't loot someone's corpse. I guess... the only person who truly knows when it'll fade away is you." Her eyes once again moved to the witch, holding her gaze, as if waiting to see if the spark would turn into a flame or die away into embers.​

Renee Nyx

1653704566568.png

Renee stared at Sophia with tears in her eyes, she tried strangling harder but her strength was underwhelming. Very weak, but Renee wanted to her hurt her so badly. She wanted to kill Sophia! She wanted to feed the bug her own insides, treat her like Dahak would have if not worst. " Shut your mouth you stupid bitch...! " Renee had tears strolling down her cheeks. " A priceless artifact that would have allowed me to live as long as Kalina is now gone. And you did it! You destroyed it! You wanted me to suffer more so you can stay with Kalina longer than I can! " Renee sounded desperate to blame anything on Sophia. " I should just tear your eyes out! " Renee mumbled.

Listening to what Sophia had to say, Renee released Sophia, her head hanging low. Her sister has been hurting this entire time, and she has been ignoring it because this Lifelend was in the way. Her goal, her immortality blinded her. Infinite power. " You! You...! You're right... " Renee clenched her fists, she wanted to burn Sophia away into ash and dust. But the bug was right. She turned to Kalina and walked up to her, seeing her wounds and how tired she was. Placing her hands on her cheeks. " Sister... I'm sorry... I'm sorry for being me. For being obsessed with this amulet. Please sister. I can see it in your eyes. The same look you had those years ago. Drink my blood. Or Sophia's, it matters not. I am sorry. " Renee tightly hugged her sister, " Please forgive me. "

Mentions: Silent Angel Silent Angel Elvario Elvario

Gawain
Interactions: Skyhunter Skyhunter Elvario Elvario The Last Curse The Last Curse LadyOfStars LadyOfStars EMIYAman EMIYAman Silent Angel Silent Angel
Gawain.jpg

It was over, they had done it... they had won. The realization set in as Gawain watched Dahek be thrown backwards and lay on the ground, his felsh burning and his haughtily persona smoldering away. All at once the Skeleton felt much of his strength fade from his body as he dropped down onto one knee. His bones gently rattled and as he looked down at his hand's holding his weapons, they shook. Now that everything had finally ended, had the fear and stress finally set in? Or was it perhaps relief. He did not know. Maybe it was the last of his rage leaving his body, or a great weight lifting from his shoulders. All he knew is that he couldn't stop shaking.

He remained their, motionless except for the involuntary rattling of his bones. For several seconds he stayed like that, unfocused and not listing to what was around him. It was only as Renee's and Sophia's arguing reached it's crescendo that the Skeleton started to move. Dragging himself upwards, he rose to his feet. His left hand lightly grabbing his shield, while the right hand held a death grip around the sword. He made his way straight towards Dahek, back hunched and dragging the tip of the blade against the ground.

Gawain stopped to Dahek's right. Standing over the defeated necromancer. Even though his skull could not show emotion, he was sure anyone could tell that he was scowling. Every fiber in his being screamed at him to end this now. Kill him and be done with it, but that wouldn't be right. Without moving his gaze away from Dahek he raised his voice. "Anyone who want's information ask it now, or else I am sending this fucker straight to whatever hell awaits him." growled Gawain loud enough that hopefully those who needed to hear him could hear him over what ever bonding the two sisters and Sophia were doing. While he was glad they were working out their problems, this was not the moment for it.

Kalina Chivernu
Mentions: Renee Skyhunter Skyhunter | Sophia Silent Angel Silent Angel | Gawain Dante Verren Dante Verren

It was a rather odd situation. Somewhere along the lines of what Sophia and Renee were arguing, she wanted to throw in a 'uh, guys' to see if they could try being a little less public about her vampiric circumstances. She'd been trying her hardest to conceal her vampiric nature to those present, after all. That was a little bit more difficult when Sophia was offering her blood in public. She also didn't really need Sophia to tell her that it looked painful, cause it sure as hell already felt like that, but Kalina was slightly sturdier than average and figured it'd sort itself out in time. Even so, the concern was appreciated. For a split second, Kalina almost gave in to the offer of blood, but her shame held her back from diving in with so many people watching, which lasted just long enough for Renee to grab Sophia.

Kalina wanted to interrupt, but with her support suddenly gone, she needed a second to regain her balance. The hit to her temple was still having a few lingering effects, it seemed. Kalina wanted to try convince Renee there was another way, but Sophia went on to state her mind. It turned out there was a lot going on in there. For a moment, it looked like Kalina needed to interfere, but luckily enough, Renee snapped to her senses. “It's alright, I'm glad you snapped out of it, so I'll gladly forgive you. I'm sure there are much better ways for you to get what you want and I promise I'll help you find them.”

She then rummaged through the pockets of her cloak, before pulling out two empty flasks and handing one to Sophia and one to Renee. “If you two don't mind, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could fill those.” As thirsty as she was, the thought of drinking blood directly from someone in front of an entire group of people was just way too embarrassing. The idea alone made the remaining blood flowing through her veins all run directly to her cheeks.

That said, even in all her thirst, she heard Gawain's call and saw some reason in it. That said, she wasn't in a state to start interrogating, so she merely pointed out what they needed and hoped Gawain saw the reason in it. “We need to know who that golden guy was and what the Blue Viscera Occult is and what they want, as they seem just as evil and deserving of being stopped and murdered as Dahak himself...”

Kurikara
Interactions: Elvario Elvario Dante Verren Dante Verren Skyhunter Skyhunter

Hakumen_(Story_Mode_Artwork,_Normal).png Slightly disorientated Kurikara raised himself from the ground. He pushed bits of rubble that had fallen on on him after Daheks attack hit him. He was admittedly surprised when he had been struck. Dahek must have saw him as a particular threat to have singled him out, but fortunately it seems the others were able to get him. While it hadn't connected he had put his all into the last attack as a result his body felt drained he'd have to recuperate. He stood to his full height looking around the remains of their battlefield seeing Daheks broken defeated form. He saw the Witch... and the Vampire locked in an embrace. It seems something had happened between the two. The Witch seemed distressed and that creature, what was her name? Sophie? It mattered not, she was there as well. He trudged toward Dahek. His right arm was limp from that last attack, he'd have to get it repaired but for now he merely let it hang.

He walked past the women leaving them to their emotions. The Undead Knight had made it first, ready to strike the abomination down. Yet also suggested they interrogate him now while they had the chance. "I request you stay your blade for now undead." He spoke out, his tone oddly distant from them as if they were unwanted acquaintances. "The, Vampire is right extract what we need to know to find this evils source. Then have him pay his karmic debt." While he was at ease with Dahek vanquished. There was more work to be done, and he had made up his mind in regards to these unfortunate monstrosities.

Su Chen

1653753185343.png

It was done, They'd bested Dahak and with very little injury to their party. A smile stretched across Su Chen's face as she straightened back up and then ran her hands over her clothes to smooth out any winkles and folds. All that remained of Dahak was his true form, a disgusting mess that showed the price of his dark magic. She ignored the bickering and squabbling that happened behind her as these people and their issues were not her own. She had come this far simply to see Dahak and defeat him and now she no longer needed him.

Approaching his body, Su Chen joined the two warriors she had fought beside. He wasn't much to look at before, but now he was nauseating. The skeleton knight, as well as the knight clad in white armor, both seemed exhausted and she couldn't help but feel somewhat impressed at the way they fought without fear. "You two fought bravely, well done." Even after taking a few hits from such a powerful foe they were still standing. The entire group was impressive and that she could not deny, they all had skills and abilities that would carry them far, especially if they stuck together.

Although she agreed that the necromancer deserved this fate and that his allies probably did too, this was not Su Chen's fight. She had gotten her revenge against the man that imprisoned her and she had now issue with this cult they were after. She did have questions that she wanted to ask of them, but now didn't seem like the appropriate time. She turned away from Dahak and the others and started towards the door they entered through.

Seeing Selani, her jail body, she stopped briefly. "Good luck friend, stay safe." Su Chen said with a smile.

Interactions: EMIYAman EMIYAman The Last Curse The Last Curse Dante Verren Dante Verren

Before she knew it, the battle was over, Dahak lying broken and crumpled by his own magic. Selani stared dumbfoundedly, still processing what had happened, but soon enough, a wide grin formed on her face. Though not by her hands, Dahak was defeated, and her vengeance was finally sated. Selani turned to look at the others, checking to see if they were still standing, and other than a couple of bumps and bruises, they appeared to be okay - except for Renee. The witch had gone off on Sophia, though Kalina wasn't too far behind to help diffuse the situation. While the three reconciled, Selani decided to let them be, setting her sights on Dahak.

But before she approached Dahak, Selani turned to say goodbye to her ex-prison mate. "Likewise. Thanks for everything, truly," She replied, "I'll see ya when I see ya.". Though it was a shame to see Su Chen go, especially with how she performed on the battlefield, Selani couldn't expect everyone to stay. She only hoped Su Chen wouldn't get tied up in something like this again. With that said and done, Selani walked up to the downed necromancer, but not before sneaking a glance at Gawain. Although she hadn't known him for long, Selani could almost feel the sheer animosity radiating from him. Being the newcomer, she didn't know how far this all went, how deep Dahak had carved into him, but Selani could tell Gawain was waiting for this moment just from his voice alone. She laid a hand on the sleeve of his armor, her voice low and sympathetic, "Easy now, We've got em' - you'll get your chance. Just let me get a few words in."

Finally, standing in front of Dahak, Selani crouched down to meet him eye to eye. She studied him and all of his grotesque features and, for a moment, even considered spitting in his face, but that'd be a pleasantry compared to what her allies would do to him. "Woah, don't bite it just yet, you ugly bastard." She spat, "I reckon you like to talk, huh? So, let's start talkin'."

"Two things,"
Selani began, holding up two fingers, "Firstly, what was the point of all this nonsense? I heard you talkin' to that other guy, Naberius, was it? Sayin' all this crap about 'raising armies' and 'sleeper agents' and resurrecting this 'Tyrant Queen and King'. So is that it? Is this 'Blue Viscera Occult' just a bunch of fools trying to bring someone back?" She lowered another finger, "Secondly, let's talk about your boss - and don't try bullshitin' me, I know he's your boss." She said with a scornful chuckle, "You said you wanted to kill em' but ya couldn't even say it to his face? Sounds like he outranks you. Sounds to me you're batshit scared of em."

She croaked and her eyes narrowed, "Is he a part of this council y'all were on about? Where're they holed up?"

1653798602290.png

1653798632074.png

Renee Nyx

1653833589439.png

Renee looked at the vial given to her, she stared at it with a look that showed that she didn't really have anything to help her prick or prod herself for blood. She did have a quill so that could do the job but that would have to wait for later.

Dahak was laughing quietly staring at the party before him, " Don't expect yourselves to be able to kill that large brute. I'm the reason you all are still alive, well some of you I suppose. " Garvin was still overlooking his brother's dead body, his head hanging low as he didn't say much. " This is just a small inconvenience for them. And me. " He said the last part cryptically. As people gathered around him, Dahak looked at each and every one of them, getting these questions he turned to the witch, spider and vampire. " Ah, a jealous sister who craves immortality. A witch none the less, you'll be the perfect subject to find such a source. " He turned his head to look at the remains of Atiifa, his destroyed and torn body on the ground before them than began laughing weakly, " You'll end up like me. " He told Renee.

Hearing Kalina's question, Dahak turned his head but it seemed this Anurian had that question and had more on top of that, Dahak wanted this group dead. " Naberius... " Dahak growled deeply, like he had a deep hatred for this large golden giant that had a powerful armor upon him. " Yeah, I'll tell you what I know. The more people know of these fools, the better of a chance they'll fail. There's so much you do not know. The Blue Viscera Occult, a group that has been around since the founding of Ryke. There once was a royal family called the Bulvarks. They helped raised this country to what it is today for a time, revered and loved but their personal lives were darker. Hatred, deceit, and plots is a great way to describe the family. They were peasants for a time but look what happens when they rise to royalty. Anyways, they eventually were able to raise an economy to its heights, higher than what it is today. They were on top of the world. Until two siblings were born, a brother and sister. These two would be called the Scourge of Royalty. Eventually they became lovers, a forbidden act in the family. They would be found out and separated, the brother was sent to the torture chambers and the sister would be sent to an ally kingdom they were having troubles with to keep them in line who was controlled by a tyrant king. Both would suffer great abuses and be exploited. They each began to think the other sibling sold them out to gain power for the crown. Eventually the brother escaped when released by a couple of founding members of the Blue Viscera Occult. They were royalty officials and had some power to get in and have the brother saved. Same with the sister, they were to help her seize control of the kingdom. The brother was healed from his viscous wounds and began his insurrection. He would rise and kill each of his family members, seizing power in one night.. " Dahak explained.

" Eventually after power was seized, they were now in control, right? Wrong. You see, there was a mole among this Blue Viscera Occult. An interloper. An infiltrator. Someone still loyal to the original family and not to the siblings. They spread lies to both siblings, confirming their misplaced suspicions of who sold out who when in reality, they were careless with their love. Both were told lies of the other and eventually they were to war with each other. The Sibling's War, The Tyrant's Conflict, The Scourge Bout. There's many names in history, well was I suppose. Mentions of the Bulvark family would be wiped from history after this. A forgotten family. These two siblings fought for little more than a week. The war was so intense and bloody, the river ran red with blood and bodies of the freshly deceased. This conflict was so bad, the economy went downhill, and the country almost went under, times were so bad that the Blue Viscera Occult weren't able to get to the other kingdom to explain, both were too angry to listen anyways. A lover's scorn is deep. But this war would end when the people rose up and turned on their rulers. Killing them and throwing their dismembered bodies into the river. Karmic justice or whatever you want to call it. Then a new family took the throne, the one currently ruling. Although the economy would never bounce back like it used to. The Occult had to hide away, the interloper was dealt with cruelly. But they weren't done, they were unsatisfied. A misunderstanding they think. They want to bring back these two siblings, reunited together so they could rule the country again. But that wouldn't be possible... Unless dark magics were involved. And now, a thousand years later, here we are. This group trying to bring back a long dead byproduct of the past back. Although, they are close to doing so. " Dahak laughed a little, which then turned to a growl. " Naberius is the enforcer of this Occult. You saw him, cladded in gold, strong as an elephant, large as a tree. He has tricks with that almost impenetrable armor of his. It can move and cut with his own will. This group is a very serious one, they have been around for a long time and grow stronger every moment, they are waiting for a good time to strike, to uprise and bring forth the dead. This country will be one of the dead if they succeed. Although, they only want their home back. "

" The sleeper agents they have, I did help them with sleeper agents, I did tests on that small dingy town. It's how I was able to get that damn small beast here. " Dahak looked to where Atiifa's torn body was at. " It can work, it has work. And now there's many out there. It's not really possible to tell who is one or not. Not until they turn but it usually is too late at that point. " Dahak growled when pushed about Naberius being his boss, his eyes stared at Selani with a deep hatred, if looks can kill, Selani would be dead many times over. " I was close to finding a way to killing him, the Lifelend was not just a way for unlimited necrotic power, it also drains, breaks and burns away. It would have been able to destroy that gold armor of his, but now that isn't an option anymore. " He glared at Sophia, the bolt still through his amulet and chest. " Other than that, I do not know how to kill him. He's tricky with that body of his and his raw strength with his axe is something to behold. So, scared of him? Yes. Because I do not how to kill him, and my only possible solution is now gone. And yes, He does outrank me, if you want to call it that, He's been around since the founding of the Blue Viscera Occult. I've been around for only six hundred years and joined only about five hundred years ago. I was given everything I needed for my experiments, but now that's come to an end. His council is a pretty big one, I am not part of it, nor have I seen any of the others. He is the only one I've met, he is the strongest in raw strength alone, the others have stronger magic than mine. " Dahak finished. " Any more questions before we get this over with? Also know, Kananto is probably a wasteland now so when you get out there and see the price you lot paid for, tell Dovus I said hello. " Dahak began laughing looking up at Gawain, taunting the undead skeleton.

Interactions: Elvario Elvario Silent Angel Silent Angel The Last Curse The Last Curse LadyOfStars LadyOfStars EMIYAman EMIYAman Dante Verren Dante Verren

Sophia Smith

Sophia reached up, taking the offered flask. She stood, moving over until she was right next to Renee, and sat down in front of her. Wordlessly she took a bolt from her quiver before examining herself, looking for a place to cut. Her hand was the original thought, but she didn't have hands anymore. Only claws. She thought about that and shook her head. Claws were not as helpful as hands in many ways, and one of the ways claws were less helpful was drawing blood.

She caught the jab at her, and as the man glared at her, she glanced at him before the blacksmith spat on the ground. "If you're so smart, you should have looked at history to see that people who do experimentation on other thinking, breathing people are never seen as the good guys. You went further than that. That thing you wore around your neck was vile, and no matter what you say, I will not regret what I did. The fact that I'm sure you heard more begging from your zombies than we had to suffer through and you still went through with it tells me all I need to know."

Once she said her piece, her thoughts moved back to the problem at hand. Her eyes moved down to one of her legs, deciding that was where the answer lied. She brought the bolt's tip to the front of her thigh and made a shallow cut, not allowing the slice to go deep so it would bring blood, but it wouldn't come out too fast for her to not be able to stop it when she finished. She tilted her leg after the slice was made, putting the flask in a place where the blood would flow in easily. Giving Renee another glance, she brought out another one of her bolts, placing it on the witch's lap. "If you need some help, use this. It's sharp, and not gonna give you an infection like some of the blades you'd find in here."

She shifted her eyes away for a few moments before turning them to look once more into the witch's own. "I wanted to apologize." Her voice was low so none of the others fussing over the necromancer could hear it, but the witch still could. "When we met, I didn't exactly help your opinion of me. I wouldn't have done anything different with Kalina, but... I shouldn't have teased you as much. I saw you didn't like me because of how friendly I was with her, and I thought poking some fun would be fine. I think it made our relationship worse than it needed to be. So I'm sorry for that. I just wanted to ask..." She paused for a few moments, watching the flask continue to fill. Her claw absentmindedly put the bolt back in the quiver as she watched, thinking. Finally, the silence was broken once more. "I wanted to ask if we could have a bit of a fresh start. Put what happened before in the past and move on. Both of us care for your sister, so having this rivalry isn't good for either of us, let alone her."

Once the flask was filled two of her claws went about capping it as her other two began wrapping cloth around her leg to stop the bleeding. Once that was done she held out one of her claws for Renee to shake. "So? Friends? Or, if not that, how about at least a truce?"

Kalina Chivernu

Kalina watched as the frog croaked. No, got Dahak to croak. No... got him to talk. Kalina still wasn't used to seeing one of her species. Well, it didn't take much to get the necromancer to talk. If anything, the guy was a little too chatty. He didn't just tell them the key points or anything, he completely settled in for some good-old-fashioned story-time. “So a few powerful weirdo's want to bring back a set of incest siblings... How fun.” She mumbled, after the first two parts of his long and winded explanation. “Who in their right mind cares about rulers that died so long ago?”

Although she was listening to Dahak and somewhat replying to his dialogue, her eyes were consistently drawn to Sophia's leg, or rather, the blood pouring out of it. She wished to keep focussing on Dahak, but it was like some invisible force kept pulling her eyes towards the vial that was being filled. She had to use some mental fortitude to abstain from going straight for it and to stay patiently awaiting it. After all the shit she'd been through, surely she could hold on these few more moments...

That's when she heard something peculiar, which made her head for Dahak. She wanted to make sure Gawain wouldn't give him what he was due before she'd get an answer to one important question. “You've got a fail-safe, don't you?” She said, upset and annoyed in equal measure. “I don't know what you've done to Kananto, but I do know that I'll do whatever it takes to make sure you'll die for good and stay dead.” She said, as she used Appraisal on him and on whatever he had on him. This fucker was way too confident for the fact he was about to be murdered. There had to be something he prepared as a back-up, some revival or other... If only she could find it and destroy it, so that he'd be dead for real. She new bits and pieces about concealment and disguises. Perhaps she could figure things out from there, she thought, as she checked if he had any places he could conceal something upon his person.

Hakumen_(Story_Mode_Artwork,_Defeated).png The amphibious creature was surprisingly quick to question Dahek. An act he was pleased with. Dahek knew he was beaten, but his vile bitterness and hatred served them in this instance. He was all too willing to talk of his abominable masters. This, "Blue Viscera Cult". Kurikara did not care much for the full story their origins meant little too him. If the information allowed him to better destroy their evil then he would listen otherwise it was irrelevant. Though he couldn't help but feel the story sounded familiar to him; the fact that the Ryke still existed was welcome enough information at least. As well as finally shedding some light on where he had awakened. He did take greater interest in the information around their capabilities especially that of the gold armored being.

To put it simply the armored being Dahek called Naberius sounded like a true monster with strength and abilities to match. He'd have to grow much stronger to hope to match that thing in battle. Let alone any of this Cults other chief members. If he got back his magic then perhaps... He looked over to the destroyed corpses of Antifa and Garrett. He could not afford to end up like them nor could he allow anyone else to either. At the mention of Kananto he stiffened. What did he mean?! His machinations were destroyed Kananto should be safe, were the other member of the cult moving to destroy it? Had they already?

He marched past the others, shoving the frog and vampire out the way. He grabbed Dahek and lifted him into the air an aura of deep rage palpable around him. His blank helmet showing as much hatred as it can possible project. "What did you do to that village, those people, monster!" His hands shook as they gripped Daheks throat. His mission upon waking up was to protect that village and stop the undead threat. Despite all that had happened he had resolved himself to accomplish this objective. Garrett was a corpse, and undead abomination! If he fails now then for what purpose was all this suffering!? He can't fail, he couldn't have!

'He IS WEAK'

Yes. Yes thats right he is weak. Pathetic, merely lashing out upon the eve of his destruction. He is stronger than him! If he destroys him utterly then whatever's scheme his vile mind has enacted will surely stop, he will not fail his mission. "Your pitiable ambition ends here Dahek, you shall be annihilated here. For daring to get in the way of my mission!" His body was trembling violently. "Savor it. This is your death which you have desperately escaped for so long..." He raised a fist foregoing his sword entirely, prepared to pulverize his body until it was a bloody mess.

Last edited:
Sophia Smith

Sophia reached up, taking the offered flask. She stood, moving over until she was right next to Renee, and sat down in front of her. Wordlessly she took a bolt from her quiver before examining herself, looking for a place to cut. Her hand was the original thought, but she didn't have hands anymore. Only claws. She thought about that and shook her head. Claws were not as helpful as hands in many ways, and one of the ways claws were less helpful was drawing blood.

She caught the jab at her, and as the man glared at her, she glanced at him before the blacksmith spat on the ground. "If you're so smart, you should have looked at history to see that people who do experimentation on other thinking, breathing people are never seen as the good guys. You went further than that. That thing you wore around your neck was vile, and no matter what you say, I will not regret what I did. The fact that I'm sure you heard more begging from your zombies than we had to suffer through and you still went through with it tells me all I need to know."

Once she said her piece, her thoughts moved back to the problem at hand. Her eyes moved down to one of her legs, deciding that was where the answer lied. She brought the bolt's tip to the front of her thigh and made a shallow cut, not allowing the slice to go deep so it would bring blood, but it wouldn't come out too fast for her to not be able to stop it when she finished. She tilted her leg after the slice was made, putting the flask in a place where the blood would flow in easily. Giving Renee another glance, she brought out another one of her bolts, placing it on the witch's lap. "If you need some help, use this. It's sharp, and not gonna give you an infection like some of the blades you'd find in here."

She shifted her eyes away for a few moments before turning them to look once more into the witch's own. "I wanted to apologize." Her voice was low so none of the others fussing over the necromancer could hear it, but the witch still could. "When we met, I didn't exactly help your opinion of me. I wouldn't have done anything different with Kalina, but... I shouldn't have teased you as much. I saw you didn't like me because of how friendly I was with her, and I thought poking some fun would be fine. I think it made our relationship worse than it needed to be. So I'm sorry for that. I just wanted to ask..." She paused for a few moments, watching the flask continue to fill. Her claw absentmindedly put the bolt back in the quiver as she watched, thinking. Finally, the silence was broken once more. "I wanted to ask if we could have a bit of a fresh start. Put what happened before in the past and move on. Both of us care for your sister, so having this rivalry isn't good for either of us, let alone her."

Once the flask was filled two of her claws went about capping it as her other two began wrapping cloth around her leg to stop the bleeding. Once that was done she held out one of her claws for Renee to shake. "So? Friends? Or, if not that, how about at least a truce?"

Renee Nyx

1653883580385.png

Renee was in her own thoughts staring at the vial, still trying to figure out how she would get her blood in, she could bite herself but she lacked the sharp teeth. But that damn spider gave her one of her sharp bolts, Renee wasn't exactly happy receiving help from the one that has gotten one over her. Which drove Renee a bit crazy, she wanted to burn this bitch alive and laugh at her, but she wasn't strong enough yet, one day she would. Renee accepted the bolt and looked at it as she popped open the lid for the vial. Rolling up her sleeve, Renee, without missing a beat, brought the bolt up her hand and slice her wrist vertical way. Bringing her middle finger to the vial as blood poured on into the vial rather quickly, Renee had a serious expression on her face, she was lost, and her eyes showed confusion and anger. Once the vial was full, Renee closed the vial and pocketed it, blood still poured out as Renee was holding the vial for the moment, she brought her finger to her self made wound which fire appeared on, she then forced it onto her wound, her face scrunched up in pain as she carterized her wound, slowly bringing it up her wound to seal it. Renee hissed in pain once it was finished, tears rolled down her cheeks from the pain.

Renee took her vial of blood in hand and looked at it, she felt a little woozy from the sudden blood loss, but she was strong. In her willpower she was, her eyes looked over to Sophia as she spoke and apologized to Renee for teasing her, for ridiculing her. Now she was acting like the taller man- woman- BUG!? Renee on the inside was fuming, she could think of so many ways of killing and torturing this spider woman, so many worst ways than what this necromancer could have thought of. Renee wanted to throttle her right now, but she lacked strength, and that would have been broken up, or Sophia would be able to kill Renee, the witch knew her own powers were weak and lacking. She wanted to watch her choke on her own blood. Renee had an idea, a great idea, a GRAND idea... She smiled to Sophia, " And I am sorry, Sophia. I shouldn't have been so jealous of how you were treating my sister. I haven't seen her in years and then you strolled up acting like you and her had history. Which you did, and I should have thought of that. " Renee explained, " So, I am sorry for choking you, threatening you and for being a bad human. I would like to start over. " Renee looked to Sophia's hand- uh, claw? Whatever it was. She didn't want to touch it, but Renee needed to show Sophia that she was forgiving her. Renee gently took her hand- claw or whatever it was and shook it. Renee having a smile on her face, releasing her claw.

But suddenly, Renee moved in closely and gently placed her hands on Sophia's face looking all over her soft face. her eyes looked shrouded in craziness, " I can see why Kalina likes you so much. " Renee brought a finger down her face and to her lips, " You're very soft, Sophia. So, innocent looking. You smell of... " Renee took a deep sniff near Sophia then exhaled, " Fae. " Renee gently released her face and backed off, smiling again, " Sorry, I can't control myself with people's faces I deem friends. " Renee stared at Sophia, looking her up and down, as if she was checking her out. But in reality, Renee was looking for any weakness on her, but she couldn't see any at the moment. Renee handed the spider woman her bolt back, " Let start over as friends, friend. " Renee gave a wide grin to the blacksmith.

Interactions: Silent Angel Silent Angel

Sophia Smith

The spider felt like the other lady was... off, somehow in the way she agreed. The sniffing was definitely strange, as was the face touching. Her face was somewhat passive as she stood her ground, looking the lady up and down, waiting for anything else. For some reason that last action and the crazy eyes Renee had given her when she did it made Sophia a bit more uncomfortable than when the lady was saying she would kill her, but with a shrug she dismissed that. She was strange, so maybe that was a way to show affection.

"I'm glad you agreed. Though, next time, take me out on a date at least before feeling me up more~" She gave a small smile of humor before turning and starting to head over to Kalina, flask in hand. She reached out, handing the flask to the vampire. Her voice came out low, a whisper that she stood on tippy toes to get into her friend's ear. "Hope you enjoy. You deserve a treat after what we've been through."

Kalina Chivernu
Mentions: Kurikara EMIYAman EMIYAman | Sophia Silent Angel Silent Angel | Renee Skyhunter Skyhunter

Kalina was really hoping to get some answers from Dahak, or to find something of importance. However, her search was interrupted when Kurikara pushed her aside to grab and lift up Dahak. Considering she still hadn't had her blood yet, she didn't take kind to being shoved. “For fuck's sake! Don't be an emotional twat and use your fucking brain!” She snapped at Kurikara, sounding angry enough to surprise herself. “If this fucker could just be killed like that, he wouldn't be this confident. Unless he's the greatest bluff in the world, we've got to figure out what trick he's planning to use if we want to thoroughly get rid of him. But if you just want to start pummelling and hope that's enough, fine, go ahead. Just be ready to deal with him all over again once he used whatever trick he's got at the ready.” She was utterly done with this bullshit.

Some relief came when Sophia offered her a vial. “Thanks... you've got no idea how much I need this.” Well, Sophia probably had some idea of it, but that was probably still an underestimate. Kalina felt like she was ready to attack the nearest person for their blood if she'd keep this up for much longer. Heck, she barely refrained from just ripping it out of Sophia's hands and clearly struggled to patiently await being handed the thing, but didn't patiently away opening it and chugging it. Almost instantly, all of the smaller bruises and wounds vanished (F-Grade Healing from Blood Drinker), but most importantly, she was able to get her thoughts and emotions back slowly and steadily, as the desire for blood was no longer drawing everything else out. She was still thirsty, for that matter, as one vial didn't cut it, but it was already considerably better.

In fact, she was of clear enough mind to come up with an idea. “We should search the place while someone keeps an eye on him. That way, if we find something that seems important, we can try questioning him.”

She looked at Renee next. Partially hoping to be handed the second vial, partially to share her thoughts. “You should look around as well. Perhaps there's something you can learn about immortality.”

With that said, she stuck to her own words. She figured Gawain and Kurikara would keep an eye on Dahak (if they hadn't already killed him), which left her free to investigate the latter's workspace. Surely there was more than just tortured victims now that they were this far into the lair... right?

Gawain
Interactions: Skyhunter Skyhunter The Last Curse The Last Curse EMIYAman EMIYAman Elvario Elvario Silent Angel Silent Angel
Gawain.jpg

They had won, but at what cost? Gawain could process all this information about the cult and incest bullshit later. What struck him was his utter stupidity. Not once had even thought that the town would be attacked again while they were doing battle. Of course Dahek could have had a plan to strike, after all he knew that the group was coming to kill him. If it wasn't Dahek then it was Naberius who was likely finishing off the town. Make sure there were no witnesses. His hand's trembled at those revaluations, and at the revelation that he had been so focused on revenge that he had become tunnel visioned onto it.

Frustration and rage blazed deep with in his soul, so much so that he wanted to curl up and cry. To scream at the top of his lungs. Yet he couldn't, this body would not let him and so it made his emotion's worse. For a moment everything he saw was red and then it stopped. A sudden calmness fell over him, He ignored all that was happening around him, even ignoring Kurirkara scooping up the bastard and rearing up to punch him to bits. Gawain merely looked at his hands and saw they were no longer trembling. It was almost as if he had gotten so angry that in that spit second something snapped and he no longer felt angry anymore. Well at least for the moment.

Tuning back in to what was around him, the Skeleton reached up his left hand and placed it on the armored arm of Kurikara. "Not just yet my friend. While her language was course, Kalina is right. Watch him, but please don't kill him just yet. " The skeleton said in a calm voice, one that would have surprised himself if not for his current state. He turned, directing his next words to the sisters. "Whatever trick it is to keep himself from dying I doubt he kept it here. We should still search, but do not be surprised if we are unable to find whatever it is we are looking for. "

He let go of Kurikara's arm and stepped away. Finally he sheathed his sword and swung the shield over his back. "Salani you seem to have a quite good eye for finding things. If you will please search around as well." She had spotted several weak points in the fight and she seemed to have a knack for strategy. Hopefully it translated into searching lab's as well. Turning away from the group his eyeless gaze began to scan the other side of the room. The question now was where to look for whatever it was they were trying to find.

Selani's brow quirked as Dahak went into full detail about, well, everything. She expected the necromancer to withhold some information and that she'd need the assistance of Gawain or Kurikara to squeeze it out of him, but oddly, Dahak was very willing. Selani would've respected his compliance in another life, but staring at the ghoulish man now, she couldn't even muster a slither of admiration for him. Still, Selani was just about to rebuke him more before Kurikara pushed her out of the way, strangling Dahak in his grip. Figuring this was a sign to move on, Selani backed off and returned to the group in the back.

She heard Kalina point out a fail-safe as she did so, something Selani hadn't thought of earlier. That must've been why Dahak was so compliant: He wasn't just itching to tell them a story; he was probably setting them up for something. What that something was, however, Selani hadn't a clue. With these magical types, it could've been anything: Dahak could've been planning to use another spell, set off a trap somewhere, or, in the worst-case scenario, use something to restore his vigor, restarting the fight all over again. Whatever it was, Selani was sure it'd be something straight out of a fairy tale, so she'd want to be as far away from it as possible.

Nonetheless, she took Gawain's and Kalina's invitation to scrutinize the room, giving them both a nod in agreement. "Sure, I'll see what I can find. Somethin's gotta be in here." Though her voice was assured, there was still a hint of confusion dotting her face, conflicted on where to look first. After a brief moment of thought, Selani brought her eyes to Renee, deciding to ask the witch for some pointers. Although Renee was anything but normal, she did have an expansive knowledge of magic, so Selani figured she'd be the go-to for this sort of thing.

Eventually, Selani walked up to Renee and greeted her with a soft croak. "Hey, Renee, If you're not busy, I've got a quick question," She said, "So if you were an evil, ugly, megalomanic bastard of a necromancer, and you had a secret spell, trap, object, or whatever, where's the first place you'd hide it?" Awaiting her answer, Selani turned to watch the door they all came from, her curiosity piquing, "If I had a trap in this room, I'd probably rig the door to shut someone in, right?"

Last edited:
Hakumen_(Story_Mode_Artwork,_Normal).png Kurikara held Dahek tightly in his grip. Trembling with barely controlled rage. He should kill him, he thought. He was sure it would make him feel better, it felt like his very being was screaming that this was the only right answer. Destruction, it was all the weak deserved. He could feel the voice whisper these words within him. Power was what made right and power alone would be needed to cast judgement. All who got in the way of his mission had to be destroyed! Kurikara heard something it sounded like words but it seemed so far away. He could barley make out the words.

'the mINIstrAtIoNS OF the wEAk is nAugHT But trAsH'

That is right. Nothing, they are nothing. Who are they to dare stand in his way? To interrupt him in his just task? Everything will be sundered, the karma of the world obliterated. Nothing will escape the flames. His ascension to Godhood starts here with the death of this worm. His body still shaking he brought his fist down upon Daheks withered form. Only to be stopped just short by the Undead Knight, Gawain. Kurikara helmet whipped to him the silent but intense glare evident despite his lack of facial features. "Why do you dare stand in my way, undead weakling?" While he was clearly openly confrontive he would not attack the undead knight, not yet. Despite his rage he listened to him, and was surprised that apparently the vampire had spoken to him. He hadn't heard her, didn't even register her words... With some reluctance he dropped Dahek to the floor, his time would come whether it was now or later mattered not his end was immutable. That assuaged his rage somewhat but it was still there smoldering, when he though of Kananto and his mission it surged and it would not cease. He turned away from Dahek knowing that at a moments notice he could erupt and kill him too early. His hand was still shaking he gripped it with his other in an effort to stop it. Then he turned and regarded the Undead Knight. "Out of respect for your heroic soul I will do as you say, but this changes not your sin. You are undead a blight upon this world, destruction of your vile form and release of your soul is the only justice afforded to you. I deluded myself by working with such beings. Once this is all over pray we do not cross paths, or I WILL return you to where you belong." With those words he left him waiting out the discovery of anything Dahek had which would be of use.

1653798602290.png

1653798632074.png

Renee Nyx

1654043841894.png

Renee smiled at the spider woman, but when she turned her back, Renee glared and had a look of hatred on her face but for a moment until she saw Kalina make her way over to Renee, she saw the vampire and smiled happily at her sister. " Hey, sister. " Renee handed her the vial that was covered in blood, her arm had a recent burn that showed she just slashed herself and burned herself afterwards. " Here, I hope you enjoy. You look better already, sister. " Renee complimented.

When suggested that she should look around as well, Renee looked a little confused, she looked pass Kalina and saw Kurikara holding Dahak by his neck, not even realizing what was happening in the world around her. " Ah. Gotcha, yeah I can that, not sure where as this place is just a playing field for him to kill and torture people. " Renee explained just as Selani made her way over to the witch, who asked if she was Dahak where would she place whatever a necromancer would have at? The witch looked at Dahak when he was dropped, he was... Smiling. " Hmm... He's not a necromancer, he's a lich. Look at him. Decrypted and torn. Evil and bloodthirsty. " She looked at her dead companion that was Atiifa, " Shame. He was a good pet too... " She said without any sadness in her voice before looking at Selani. " I would have a secret room around here. A place where I can easily access my experiments and have a safe space nearby. " Renee pointed to the skeletons around them. " He has too many bodies here, more in the previous rooms, a dungeon for his captures. But we have yet to find a room of his things and belongings. " Renee pointed out.

Selani was right, Renee was pretty well versed in being a evil necromancer. " I would probably check around this room. With the Lifelend destroyed I would say most of his magic is disrupted. " Renee glared at Sophia's direction then turned to Selani, " I would say his illusion is destroyed if he was covering it up. His room is most likely exposed. " Renee predicted. Looking across the room to pass the platform, she would see there was a small doorway in the concrete on the left side of the room, " See. Like over there. " Renee pointed out. Although when Renee pointed it out Dahak only cackled evilly.

Dahak was laughing at them all, " You best hope you can find a way to kill me. " Dahak chuckled trying to get up, but his body was so damaged that he could barely move. Although while he acted like he was winning, his eyes showed worry. He looked like he was trying to continue fighting but it was not working. Dahak lifted his hand up, a small black and white energy appeared in his hand but it quickly dissipated as he fell back down, groaning as he was trying everything he could to fight, attack, get up. Anything. Renee made her way to the room, ignoring the defeated necromancer, looking into the room she would see a large room within, inside was a large shelf of books and tomes that looked old and ancient. A desk with many charms and nick-nacks about it. He would have a large chest with odd symbols engraved on it. On the desk there was a large looking jar with a strange black magic moving around constantly within it, there was runes etched into the glass that glowed purple. There was also a couple of statues within that had armor pieces on them.

Interactions: Elvario Elvario Dante Verren Dante Verren EMIYAman EMIYAman The Last Curse The Last Curse LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Silent Angel Silent Angel

Kalina Chivernu
Mentions: Renee Skyhunter Skyhunter

Kalina gladly and perhaps a little greedily took the flask. “Thanks, really.” She said, as she decided not to hold back and opened it up to get herself back to full capacity. She was awfully surprised when she tasted it. “That's amazing... just... how?” Sure, it'd been a long time ago since she drank Renee's blood, but she was sure it wasn't this rich in flavour back then. “You've really grown.” She concluded, not sure what else to say about it. She probably shouldn't have said anything at all to begin with, as it was a little bit awkward to mention the taste of someone's blood to them, let alone to someone she was this close to. Sadly enough, the damage was already done.

One thing Renee said confused Kalina. “What's he difference between a a lich and a necromancer?” She had no idea what they were talking about, but felt like it was pretty crucial information if she wanted to help stop this guy from coming back to life later down the line. She was a little surprised when Renee mentioned Atiifa as a mere pet. The little creature had been their companion for a while, not just a mere pet... Was this Renee's odd way of grieving? Kalina wasn't sure, but she couldn't judge her sister. Her bloodlust had been messing with her emotions for a while and she'd been struggling to keep her head straight.

Now that the thirst for blood was finally quenched, another issue arose. She was more aware of the horrible things that had happened here and could feel the reality sink in. The village they'd worked so hard to save was also likely going to be gone. Still, she felt oddly calm. Was it her monstrous nature or was she just not that much of a good person to begin with? Or was this simply too much for her to handle? She wasn't sure. To a degree, she almost preferred it when the bloodlust overwhelmed her. At least then the emotions an thoughts were clear and direct. Now they were just confusing.

She figured it'd be best to focus on the here and now. Renee pointed out the a room to the back. It was time to investigate. “Okay...” she said, as she didn't even know where to start. “I'll leave that weird jar to you.” She said to Renee, not wishing to deal with unknown magic herself as she'd probably just mess up. Another option was the large shelf with books and tomes. The issue with that was that Kalina's reading wasn't the best. Like, she could read, luckily, but it'd probably take her longer than average. She didn't really wish to expose that fact to the others, so she continued to scan the room.

The armours on statues felt a bit ominous. She was ready to engage were they to spring to life. After the weird stuff she'd seen here, it wouldn't even surprise her. However, her eyes were finally drawn to a table of charms and whatnot. She had no clue what they were or what they did, but that felt like something she at least was qualified to investigate. After all, she could use her [Appraisal] on these things to see if any of it was worth anything or if there was anything with some importance to it. The latter was probably the only way for her to discern if any of this was more than just decoration, for that matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back