• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Kananto Village] The Dead Awake at Night, Part 2 (Blue Viscera Occult)

Within the Kananto Dungeons...

1652057174712.png

The large Ghoul Choax had the child before him lift a hand up, a strange magic emitted from their hand. In their hand, a shovel appeared in their hand as they then rested in on their shoulder as a larger shovel conjured in Choax's hand, he dropped the bastard sword and chuckled a little evilly resting it on his own shoulder, it noticeably had a curve in his while having a strange purple magic glowing around the head of said shovel, as this shovel appeared, a strange candle similar to a torch appeared on his head, burning an eerie purple, the large eye on his back blinked a few times looking at the small child. " Your gift has returned, Skullbearer. We shall move on then; these children will take care of Dahak. " The ghoul spoke to the child that stared up at him, turning its strange rat and canine head to Kalina, " I knew I smelled a vampire nearby. " The ghoul stared at Kalina closely. " Dahak? The fool was once like this one. " He pointed to the child that was with him, the child that he referred to as Skullbearer was watching Kalina, holding the shovel in their hand, ready to attack if they did anything to their master.

Choax, Necromatic Ghoul.png

Choax pointed a contorted and nasty finger at Kalina, " Dahak is the product of my own failures. A rebellious soul he is, he discovered a strangeness outside of this world, everything that leads to this one. He grew obsessed and I encouraged him to do so. I fueled his obsession. He kept talking of some sort of people ruling over everything, not gods. Something more but so much less. Eventually he would leave my side, even turn on me. I flayed him and left him for dead. He is a very persistent soul. " Choax cackled evilly when mentioning his punishment on Dahak. " That was about six hundred years ago. Now he is the slave for some undead occult. Stuck in their time of ruling a old country that wants to forget the first family of tyrants. " Choax shook his own head, " What a fool. " the large Ghoul looked to the small child that continued to look at Kalina. " I can sense a amulet nearby. " His head turned to the witch Renee, " She is carrying your solution. Dahak completed his goal of creating his own limitless power source at the cost of devouring life, it will be your way of surviving your upcoming fight. " Choax looked back to Kalina, " Even with your numbers, you still are facing a incredible threat. Dahak is distracted speaking to that golden statue. It will be a great time to confront him. " The ghoul cackled, " He thought he could kill me, the mooncalf doesn't realize his invitation will be his downfall, if you don't meet your own demise. " Choax cackled once more hearing Kalina's request of having Choax join them.. He sounded so sinister and evil, but his words held weight and truth. " No. I hold no grudge against the cretin, it is not my place to remove him from this plane of living. We are to move on from here. Give Dahak my regards if you cut him down. " He turned to the exit of the dungeons, " It is time for us to go on about our own journey. If we are to meet again, hopefully you are able to give me a skull, then you shall address me as Choax. Prepare yourselves, children, do not be over confidant. " Choax began to move towards the exit, moving in a strange and eldritch way, his cloak moved with him like it was trying to get away. Squirming almost. The small child then followed after Choax, speaking not one word.

The vision of Dahak chuckled, " Dahak hates the old ghoul, finds him cold, aloof and dangerous. He takes children from their families and raises them as his avatar of magic, a anchor. Dahak does not know if Choax is a god or not. He acts like one. He is scared of Choax. You fools are almost there. Just keep going. " The vision looked down the hallway, then he would fade away like mist heading down towards the hallway.

Tarko's head grunted as Garvin held the head. " AH. TARKO GLAD THE GHOST IS GONE. FAKE MASTER. ALWAYS ACT LIKE HE KNOW EVERYTHING. TARKO NEVER SEEN A GOD BEFORE. SMALL CHILD IS SCARY. TARKO TELLS YOU TO WATCH OUT FOR THEM. " Tarko spoke once more, Garvin sighed handing the head back to his larger brother, " Here brother, this is yours. " Garvin told the executioner. " I will shove this head up Dahak's ass. His little amulet turned me into a monster. " Garrett growled.

1652059334654.png

Ahead of the group down the hallway would be some sort of strange looking wall, a wall that was a constantly slow-moving veil of magic that was similar to fog. Behind the wall would be the enemy they were after, a weird feeling would be felt, a strange feeling of magic.

Renee Nyx

1652060315877.png

Renee didn't look happy as Selani declined of her touching the Anurian. Her eyes moved to the woman she complimented and still wasn't happy about being declined, " Hmmpf... " Renee crossed her arms, " Afterwards? I don't know if you'll survive after our fight. You don't look capable, but you can join us. " Renee's voice came with venom in it. Her eyes looked pass the two newcomers to the strange veil of magic, she uncrossed her arms. It was almost as if she totally forgot about everyone and everything else. " I can feel... Magic. " She muttered walking towards the veil, she sniffed the air. " Death is in the air... " Renee whispered looking at it, she could hear talking, arguing behind the veil. " This is the last room... I can't hear what they are saying but they are there. " Through the veil she can barely see anything, she could see some sort of large golden man and the smaller figure that had to be Dahak.

Interactions: Elvario Elvario Silent Angel Silent Angel Dante Verren Dante Verren EMIYAman EMIYAman LadyOfStars LadyOfStars The Last Curse The Last Curse

Kalina Chivernu
Mentions: Chaox, Garrett, Garvin, Renee Skyhunter Skyhunter |

Kalina felt a little insulted by the comment of smelling her, but decided to let the ghoul ramble on for a bit. There was one thing that did annoy her. “It's not really nice to leave it to others to clean up your mess, you know.” She wasn't sure what to think of the ghoul, but she sure as hell didn't like him. That said, she wasn't going to stop it either. They had enough of a foe in Dahak and couldn't exactly go around making another enemy. The vision of Dahak gave her a few more reasons to hate the ghoul, were its words to be believed.

Kalina sighed as she saw the brothers pass around the head. Considering Sophia hadn't spoken up yet, she figured she'd bite the bullet. “Why don't you two let Tarko sit this one out right here? No need to bring him along into a fight against his master, right? Whether we win or lose, I doubt he'd be happy to see it and I'm sure he won't be of any help to us, if not just outright being a nuisance.” With Garrett's public declaration of where he wanted to bring Tarko, she could no longer expect Sophia or Garvin to speak up, even though they were going for the moral high-ground earlier.

She then turned to Renee. “If what Chaox said holds any truth, I'm suspecting that the amulet can break Dahak's magic. If he tries to take control of us or keeps us in his hold with his magic, or anything of the sort, we'll be relying on you to free us of such a grasp.” As much as she loved her sister, despite their recent bouts, she also was aware that Renee could have a bit of a one-track mind. If there was magic in the air, she'd have to make sure that Renee wouldn't let herself be utterly distracted and risk the safety of the rest. “In a sense, we might be putting our lives in your hands, as you might be the only one to freely move against Dahak. Please keep that in mind.”

She then looked through the veil as well, but couldn't make much out of what she saw beyond it. After a sigh, she stepped aside. “Well, let's hope that golden guy in there is really gonna be of help in dealing with Dahak. Oh, and I know it's normally ladies first, but by all means, gentlemen, you go first this time around~” She said, trying to lighten the mood a little with a joke whilst also clearly showing her desire for those with sturdier builds to enter the room before she would.

Though the contempt was evident on her face, Selani decided not to respond to Renee's bitter comment. Instead, she chuckled at Gawain's introduction, reciprocating with a slight bow of her own, "Why, thank you, Gawain. It'd be my pleasure." Despite the encounter with Renee, Selani was glad at least two of her new teammates were able to show some courtesy. Of the other two members, Selani was still unsure, but she'd likely get to know them better with time. After all, if they wanted to slay Dahak too, they couldn't be that bad.

Back on finding Dahak, Selani wouldn't have to do much; a spectral figure revealed an arcane path to Dahak's lair - all while a decapitated head babbled on about random nonsense. Of course, Selani had questions, mainly about the spirit or why a severed head was still talking, but much like everything that had happened beforehand, magic was the only explanation.

Regardless, the strange veil of magic was the only obstacle between her and Dahak, but even with all her enthusiasm, Selani was still hesitant to enter. Not only was she about to face the necromancer bare-handed, but the thought of being manipulated by magic was less than pleasant. Still, she'd follow in anyone who'd go in first - it just wasn't going to be her. So, Selani eyed Kalina and took a step aside, hoping the others would get the message.

Gawain
Interactions: Skyhunter Skyhunter Elvario Elvario EMIYAman EMIYAman The Last Curse The Last Curse LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Silent Angel Silent Angel
Gawain.jpg

Once more Gawain was glad that his skull could show no emotion, it let him better hide the disgust he felt for the ghoul before them. The monster who created Dahek, who created all of this suffering, and he was just shrugging it off. Gawain wanted to cut down the creature then and there, but he knew he would never survive. For now he was to weak, and he would have to let the creature live. That was only for now. Choax was a name he would remember. He turned his gaze to follow the creature as it wandered off. One day he would track down Choax, and bring the retribution of every dammed and tortured soul caused by his deeds onto the monster's head. That would be sometime off.

The Skeleton turned back around in time to see Renee's annoyance at being rejected. It was amusing that they could still have these moments at this moment. Renee's petty snaps in her anger at being stumped, Salani's cheerful response to his introduction, the brother's bickering , and Kalina's plea for those who were not affected by Dahek's control to help those that were. It gave this moment a spark of humanity. Something like this would have been unthinkable in his previous life. He would have never been surrounded by such a diverse of people, or even such a lively group. He was always surrounded by henchmen who acted like drones out of fear of himself. It's ironic that in death, he had a better sense of what it was like to be alive even in such a horrible situation.

The group's attention was turned to the veil leading into Dahek's inner chamber where he and the golden figure waited. Renee spoke of powerful magic and death, but no one moved closer. It was doubtful that anyone was paying Gawain much attention, but for those who did they would see almost a glimmer, more accurately the hint of a spark of light in the empty eye sockets of his skull. He stood up straighter, the bones of his teeth grinding slightly against each other. No one could be blamed for feeling fear in this kind of predicament. Any normal person would, but not Gawain. He did not have the title of Brave Heart for nothing.

By the time Kalina had finished her joke, Gawain was already moving towards the door. Who else would do it? If no one else wanted to then it fell upon his shoulders to be the first to take the first step into danger... that was a lie. He wouldn't let anyone else go before him. He couldn't stand to let anyone else step foot into that room before him. Not Garret, not Kurikara, not anyone. He would be the first one to walk through those doors, and he would be the first thing that Dahek saw.

Gawain stepped up to the veil and raised his shield. Recalling a famous battle cry from his old home land he slammed his sword against the metal shield with a loud clang. Giving his voice as much strength as he could he shouted loud enough that he hoped Dahek could hear from the other side. "AVANTI!" he roared and stepped through the veil into the heart of the necromancer's lair.

Su Chen

Su Chen had been eager to move on, find this Dahak guy and get some answers, but the story that the ghoul told was very interesting. Perhaps most importantly to her was the fact that this supposed necromancer was supposed to be like her but had lived for so long. Immortality was never something that she coveted, but it did let her know that there were limitless possibilities for her in this world.

But those possibilities would wait for another time. The longer they stood here talking about fighting the more she yearned for it. When they came upon the veil of magic, Su Chen immediately recognized it as a boundary around a boss' lair. Their target was dead ahead. Before she could step through, someone beat her to the front and crossed the threshold. "Damn." She scoffed. But that extra time did give her the chance to spot Selani again. She knew veery little of the NPC, but she had a good feeling about keep her around.

"Stay near me if things get dicey in there." The herculean woman insisted before she gave her prison body a pat on the shoulder. "See you all on the other side." She added. Then with little hesitation or fear she stepped forward, crossing through to the other side with her fists clenched.

The Last Curse The Last Curse Skyhunter Skyhunter

Sophia Smith

sample-e25e620a4ac0f2f48f2b6f686977373b.png

The spider lady patted Kalina lightly on the shoulder with one of her claws. "If we get out of this, I'll help you with that hunger of yours. I wouldn't want you to starve after defeating such a foe. And... thanks. I'm still not fully sure what we'll do after, but we can cross that bridge when we get to it. And... sorry about laying it all on you. I didn't want there to be... issues in our upcoming battle and the last thing we ever said to each other put us at odds..."

She looked away from the vampire to the others, before speaking, her voice stronger, Sophia more confident in the different subject. "To be honest with you, I have my... metaphorical fingers crossed that we're all strong willed enough to shrug off the attacks from him, but if not, I would really not like it if my crossbow was used on allies instead of the Hitler wannabe. So if you're alright with it, I leave myself in your loving care, Renee~" She gave the witch a winning smile.

Even with the small joke, her claws moved over her crossbow, making sure that the weapon was ready to fire, the woman thinking over if she should use a more powerful attack in the beginning before the necromancer had a chance to try and take control of her or if she should wait just in case there was a weakspot that needed to be targeted. But her thoughts were cut short with Kalina's final words and the skeleton rushing through the door. She glanced around, wondering what to do, before setting her shoulders and moving forward, stepping through the veil, her body tensed for any sign of an attack from the other side, hoping she had some protection from the close ranged fighters that went before her.​

Kurikara
BlazBlue_Cross_Tag_Battle_Hakumen_Main.png Kurikaras body stiffened and the grip upon his blade grew tighter once more. This, monster, this abomination was responsible for Daheks evil. Whether Dahek broke away from this "Choax" or not didn't matter. The fact that he had suffused such a being with power, and had allowed it to go unchecked for so long was inexcusable. The creature even abducted children to aid him in his wicked deeds. It was more than enough to justify his annihilation. But, Kurikara couldn't do it. None of them could kill this demon. He may be new to this, "individuality", condition. But he was still made to make logical tactically sound decisions. So he held himself back, for now. Chaox however could not be allowed to exist in this world, maybe not even within this era but one day Kurikara would be the one to sunder his fate. His karmic debt would be paid in full. He purposefully turned his head to regard Gawain who from what little body language he gave off didn't seem to like the demon anymore than Kurikara. Then he looked to Lady Kalina, she had found him after his very soul had been damaged. She was kind, reasonable and appeared to be a just soul. While it could have been anyone she had been to one to listen to him when he was first truly coming to grips with his newfound emotions. In her own way she helped stabilize him, however little it was. He respected her. Yet, these feelings had weakened him and clouded his judgment. That was unforgivable for a dispenser of justice such as he. By the end of this he would have to come to a decision about his path, but that would come later.

He moved into step with Garret and Gawain with the undead knight being the tip of their spear. It would be dangerous but if anyone deserved to take point against Dahek it was him. To Kurikara this was his duty, a righteous work but work all the same. To Gawain it seemed personal incredibly so. Truly he was an honorable and just soul, it was unfortunate that he had been tainted with undeath. They arrived at what he could only describe as a gate of fog. The Witch went up to it speaking of strange magics, and death. Beyond the gate was two figures one of which must be Dahek while Kurikara had never seen the real one he was quite certain who it was. His armor creaked from the way he tensed up prepared to fight the eyes upon him opened fully, and his blade was hefted in a grip parallel to the ground the time had come. Gawain in a show of great will went through first his battle cry sounding out before it was lost beyond the fog.

'dEsTrUcTiOn...'
'Judgment...'

Kurikara would render both. He leapt through the fog going into battle once more.

Dahak's Experimental Chambers

1652318430979.png

As the group entered through the veil, with Garrett and Garvin entering first, leaving Tarko's head outside, they would across a sickening scene.​

In front of the group, they would see Dahak, the cloaked necromancer with a golden mask, talking to a large golden armor-plated being that stood at nine feet (274 cm) while holding a large and wicked looking axe, the being had a strange looking design upon his body, the armor he was wearing looked like his skin, having no face and being akin to sharp edges all over his body. He didn't even have a face to look at, his whole body was one giant golden shell. It moved slightly, like grass upon wind, it looked durable like it shouldn't be able to move. In between Dahak and this strange entity, there was the body of Atiifa, the small little fur ball, being held up by magic in the air, his chest to his stomach was split open, blood was seeping onto the floor, his eyes were still open, so he was alive, Dahak had his hands bloody, so it was most likely that he was digging inside of Atiifa. " You said you would have raised an army by now. But instead you've been here distracted by these swine, digging into their bodies. " The golden man growled in a deep voice that sounded a bit echoey thanks to the armor he was in. It would be apparent that were skeletons all around the room, some bodies still had blood and flesh on them, there had to be more than one hundred corpses. " We did NOT bring you in so you could shorten our time and resources. We brought you on so you could prolong our progress. You even said you would have a army raised. Yet here you are, digging into the bodies of these fools. " The being continued to chastise Dahak. The smaller necromancer scoffed with crossed arms, " I have been working on a amulet that'll raise armies, and it has been completed. I even had enough time to continue MY own research. You fools in your little group don't even see what's actually happening. There's something bigger than your own plans for resurrecting a couple of long dead incestual siblings. " Dahak spoke with venom in his voice. Only for the axe to slam in the ground next to his foot. " Watch your tongue mage. We helped you get your magic. We can take it away. " Hearing Gawain yell, both of them turned their heads to the veil of magic.

1652319912341.png1652323372819.png

" Now look at this, you've even been discovered. You have compromised our nonexistence. They CANNOT be allowed to leave. " The golden giant growled, sounding unhappy as he lifted his axe out of the ground turning to the group, Dahak looked to this tall golden being then back at the ground as it looked like they got ready to fight. But Dahak had an idea, an idea to save these fools for himself. Dahak didn't want them to die, he wanted them for his own experiments. Dahak's brought a hand up from his cloak, where the Lifelend was floating in, he stared at Garrett, and it glowed brightly for a moment. Garrett, at the head of the group, let out a loud growl, his eyes glowed red through his helmet. " AGH! GRRR! " Garrett growled as he took a few steps forward, dropping his large axe and holding his head. Garvin stared at his brother, a look of shock on his face. " Brother! What's wrong! " He asked, Garrett's fingers buried into the helmet and even stabbed through, the sound of bending metal could be heard as he took his helmet off and slammed it onto the ground falling onto his knees, letting out frenzied noises that made the golden man stop in his tracks to watch the scene, he would turn back to Dahak, seeing he was causing it. " B-Brother! I have been an abomination this entire time... Dovus! He had me sent me to my death after you left when those damn corpses turned up! " His voice was one of pain, " He brought me back to life with that damn amulet! The one that the stupid necromancer has NOW! " His voice sounded like it was changing into a deeper and twisted one. Garrett continued to growl and yell in pain until he grabbed his axe and stood up, turning his head to stare at the group. Revealing his face, Garrett would reveal he was just like the rest of what they have been fighting, he was undead, black blood coming out of his eyes and mouth. His eyes having a red tint to them. He was shaking erratically " I am sorry, brother. I tried. " Garrett said through a whisper. " I can't control- " He then turned fully towards the enemy. Garrett quickly summoned his cape of blood to him, a long blanket of blood coming off his shoulders that flew high into the air. Garrett then rushed in recklessly holding his axe with two hands.

1652325924154.png1652326112749.png

The golden man turned back to the rampaging Garrett, " Impressive, Dahak. You may be onto something. " Garrett then let out a blood curdling roar as he hopped into the air, his cape now coming around like an extra blade or an extension of Garrett. He spun in the air as the blood surrounded around his body like a veil. The golden man watched with intrigue as Garrett grew closer. The golden man brought his axe up as Garrett brought his own axe down, blocking the attack with a single arm as Garrett used both, a heavy shockwave of wind blew from the impact, blowing pass everyone, Dahak watched closely at the power his Lifelend had created. Garrett was stopped in midair by a single attack with one arm, this golden being must have been that powerful. With a push of his own axe, this golden being threw Garrett back towards the group. Garrett used his cape of blood to catch himself and bring himself down to the ground. The golden giant still stood where he originally was, watching Garrett. The undead executioner let out one more loud roar of battle as he used his blood to throw himself forward then began running in a sprint towards the enemy. The golden enforcer watched and swung his axe in a single direction as Garrett swung his axe, both axes combining created another powerful gust that blew across the room. Garrett pulled his axe back for another attack only for a weird golden blade come from behind Garrett and fly threw his body at the hip with extreme ease. Like it was a knife through paper. The golden extension was from this unknown foe made of worn gold. Garrett stood for a moment before his upper body slid backwards and hit the ground, his legs falling over as black blood flowed out of both halves, the cape of blood disappearing into thin air.

Garvin watched in horror, stuck in fear as his older and stronger brother was killed with a single attack. " NO! Garrett! " Garvin roared, tears forming in his eyes at the defeated state of his brother. The golden beast then turned to Dahak. " You were able to turn that human into one of your own? " Dahak chuckled, " No, Naberius. He WAS already one of mine. He just didn't know it until I brought him under my control. " Dahak boasted. " I can create sleeper agents for you, I already have sent many into the populace for when the return of the Tyrant Kind and Queen, they'll be ready to attack. " Dahak explained to this Naberius who turned to the defeated Garrett. " The rest of the Blue Viscera will be enamored by this Lifelend, perhaps I was wrong. " He chuckled. " He was strong. Very strong. " Naberius spoke, his golden extension came back to him, seeping with the black blood of Garrett. Naberius looked up at the group, " They are not to leave here alive. If your experiments conducted the creation of this So, then you are free to continue your experiments. It can raise an army and take it into the populace. Do what you want with these swine, but they CANNOT leave. The Blue Viscera Occult must not reach the ears of the people. Not yet. This is great process. So, I will help you. " Golden extensions came off this Naberius to where Garrett's corpse was at, stabbing through his body and bringing his body together again. the gold blades stitched the body together then brought the corpse up to it's feet. Garrett's eyes would open again once the gold blades left his body. " The Council will be happy with these news. Farewell. " Naberius brought a hand up as a portal opened up, the other side showing nothing but darkness. The gold being walked on through and it closed.

Dahak then scoffed, " What a pain in the ass. I can't wait to kill him. " Dahak growled, looking at Atiifa, " Hush now. Your time is almost done, let me address your little group. " He turned his head to the group. " I am glad to have you join me in here. You will each meet the same fate as this little beast here. " Dahak indicated to Atiifa who was barely alive as there was so much blood on the ground below him. His chest to his stomach being open didn't help either. " Just know, you lot of fools will help me find something higher above us. Higher above the Gods themselves. " Dahak chuckled, " You fools don't even know, but I won't kill you. Yet. " Dahak cackled an evil laugh. " I need you lot alive. Actually... " Dahak thought for a moment as he brought his hand out. " Tarko, come forth. " Dahak spoke deeply, it sounded as if two of him were speaking. In front of Dahak, Tarko appeared through a quick conjuration of green flame as his spine and head, being stabbed into the ground. Dahak stared at him for a moment, " Look at what happened to you... Couldn't even defend yourself against these weaklings. " Dahak sounded annoyed. Tarko heard his voice and his eyes perked up, " MASTER? MASTER DAHAK! IS THAT YOU! " Still loud as ever. " Yes, Tarko, it is me. Now tell me. Which one of these few have worlds within them. " Dahak asked, Tarko looked over each of the group members. " The skeleton, the witch, the bug, the vampire, the frog woman, and the other woman. " Tarko spoke differently now, he wasn't his usual loud self, he sounded serious and evil. " DID TARKO DO GOOD, MASTER DAHAK? " But instead of responding, Dahak stared at the group, then back at Atiifa, next to the ground like he was thinking before he looked to the head of Tarko. " Yes, Tarko. You did very well. You brought me five more Isekaiers! " Dahak laughed evilly as he swiped his hand over Tarko who immediately burned away into ash and bone, killing the giant. " I have all I NEED! " Dahak chuckled. " The rest of you do not need to live then. "

Dahak then brought his Lifelend back out. It flashed green then Garrett turned around, his eyes fully black now, the cape of blood appeared on his back, his axe flew up into his hand where he caught it. " Kill your brother and the old priest, the rest leave alive. Maim them, cut their limbs off. Whatever, they must be kept alive. " Dahak then used the Lifelend to raise a dome of green magic around him and Atiifa, who went back to looking though Atiifa's body. Garrett took a step forward towards the group, ready to kill them. " Wait... Brother, please. " Garvin tried pleading with the undead Garrett who kept coming ever closing. But then Wyland took a step forward, " Children. Come up with a plan of how to take down Garrett and Dahak. I will but you some time, children. " He raised his staff up into the air, golden runes appeared before the group and a shield of yellow raised up in front of them. They were able to see through it. Wyland then used his staff and shot forth rays of light at Garrett who used his blood to block the light. He then charged forward and swung his axe, Wyland would use his magic to block attacks with light before moving away as Garrett continued to chase Wyland. Golden magic would fly after Garrett who continued to chase after the old priest.

1652330055726.png

Garvin took a deep breath, wiping tears from his eyes. " Alright. We are here, that is no longer my brother. We can do this. Gawain, Kurikara you will attack Garrett head on, Kalina, you are the stealthiest of us all, use that to attack him from behind or in his blind spots. Renee, Sophia and I will attack from a distance, but be sure to spread out. We can't all get caught if he is able to get close to us all. And, uh, Selani and Su Chen, I am not sure what you two can do or are capable of, but you do. Be where you believe you'll be most help in. " Garvin looked at the group. " If anyone has any comments or concerns, speak up and hurry, Wyland can't keep Garrett at bay. " But they wouldn't get a chance, finally, Garrett was able to catch up with Wyland, the golden shield would fall, leaving them all exposed. His cape of blood flew through Wyland and slice him similar to how he was killed by Naberius. Picking up Wyland by his head who was barely alive, the old man stared at the group blood pouring out of his body and coming out of his mouth, trying to say something but it wouldn't come out in time. Garrett would slam his head into the ground, splattering brains and gore across a small area as he looked to the group, running towards them. He was about sixty feet away from the group and quickly closing ground. " Go NOW! " Garvin yelled as he raised his crossbow at his brother and fired bolts rapidly moving to the left side of the room.

interaction: Elvario Elvario Dante Verren Dante Verren Silent Angel Silent Angel EMIYAman EMIYAman The Last Curse The Last Curse LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Kalina Chivernu
Mentions: Sophia Silent Angel Silent Angel | Renee Skyhunter Skyhunter |

Kalina couldn't abstain from giving Selani a knowing look as the frog joined her in the 'after you' team by stepping aside. Luckily enough, they still had Gawain, their brave bones in rusted armour. He didn't hesitate for a second, even seemed eager, to go through the veil. Su was quick to follow up, along with Kurikara and the two brothers.

To Kalina's surprise, Sophia still had a few words to share. “Thanks, I'm glad we managed to clear the air.” Having a nice meal to look forwards to was a good way to get motivated again and being on good terms with everyone just before a big battle was always a good start.

That said, on thing just confused her. “Hitler...?” She questioned, hearing a name she'd never heard of before. It sounded a little odd for some last-moment fighting words to compare Dahak to some random unknown person, but perhaps it made sense to other Fae? Either way, she shrugged it off, as they didn't have the time to discuss it.

Once the rest had entered, Kalina would follow up on them. Rubbing her still hurt shoulder in anticipation of the upcoming battle and hoping it'd hold out until she'd finally get a chance to get it fixed.

“Get your filthy hands out of Atiifa!” She heard herself call out before she even realised she'd started to say something. Her plan was to stay in the background and await a good moment to strike, without drawing any attention to herself. That plan was ruined. However, something about seeing a former companion treated like that made her blood boil. Or well, the blood she'd been leeching out of others, but the idea was still the same. She realised part of her could get surprisingly infuriated.

Even in her rage, however, part of her was curious. The giant armour thing thought he was discovered?!? Did that thing not know Dahak had brought them here? That was... an opportunity. “Discovered? We were pretty much forced to come here!” She yelled back. Perhaps Dahak was trying to set them up, or to set the golden guy up against them. Either way, two could play that game. If Dahak was meant to focus on his work here, she'd make it clear he hadn't given it any priority. “That fucker has been bugging us with his undead and did what he could to start leading us here, even taking in our companion over there!” The latter still had some anger in her voice, as she was still mad about the fate that had befallen Atiifa. With some luck, the truth might set up the golden guy against Dahak.

That's when she realised what was going on with Garret. “Eh, Renee?!?” She spoke up, more than a little concerned. “This is the point where you use that other amulet and take back control over Garrett, right? Surely if a fool like Dovus can do it, someone as powerful as you can do the same with ease, right?!?” She had some genuine concern for Garrett. She didn't necessarily like the guy, but having to fight one of their own, especially one as strong as Garrett, was a very unpleasant twist of faith. That said, she also had some genuine faith in Renee and the usefulness of that amulet she'd handed over to her. The only thing making her concerned was why Renee wasn't acting yet, especially after Kalina had already asked her to be ready for this kind of event. Had she been mistaken about Renee's powers or about the amulet? Little drops of concern were starting to sink in. That concern was a lot more considerable when she saw Garrett being slain, but at the same time, they were dealing with a necromancer here. It was difficult to tell if he was 'dead dead' or just... dead. Either way, at the very least, they wouldn't have to fight their own ally.

At first, Kalina was holding back fury when Dahak and the golden boy were talking as if the rest of them weren't even there. However, an idea formed when he was doing so. She directly addressed the golden boy the moment she heard that word of the Blue Viscera was not meant to spread to the ears of the people. “Wait, are you with the Blue Viscera Dahak told us about in Kananto? So you're the reason he's been kidnapping people! He kept ranting on and on about how he wanted to use our friends in his own experiments so he could grow strong and rise up against what he called the Blue Viscera incest loving scum!” It was one of the biggest double bluffs in her life, but if it worked, the pay-off would be amazing. The first bluff was acting like Dahak had mentioned the Blue Viscera in the public, as that was clearly something golden boy didn't wish for. The second layer was the idea that Dahak was experimenting to go up against them. That said, she suspected there was a kernel of truth to her bluffs, which she hoped would add to golden boy's willingness to believe her. As little as she knew about Dahak, he didn't seem like the type to obey someone, but much rather like the type of forge his own plans and betray everyone he could along the way.

She sighed when Dahak managed to summon Tarko. So much from trying to leave the giant's head out of this. At the very least his death was quick and hopefully relatively painless. Dahak burning Tarko was pretty much exactly what Kalina suspected he would do, even having said so to Sophia, so hopefully the blacksmith would be prepared to deal with it enough to focus on the battle that was bound to happen sooner rather than later. There was one thing that really confused her. “What in the world is an issekayer?” Being 'handed' to some necromantic fuckhead without even knowing what he wanted her for was surprisingly unpleasant.

With Wyland buying them some time, Kalina turned to Renee again. “Renee, the amulet. I know you can do it!” She said. Perhaps her sister hadn't been able to react in time previously. Surely she'd be ready to break free Garret and perhaps even take down Dahak's shield right now, now that she knew the situation and foully focus on using the amulet. Kalina sighed when it was still too late to save the priest as well. Her faith in her sister was plummeting rapidly.

It looked like she'd have to rely on her own power, so she quickly retreated to [stealth] back into the shadows to the right side of the room, as Garvin had suggested. With some luck, she could avoid attention and find a good point from which to shoot at Garret's weak-points. That said... where in the world would he even have any? The dude was a living giant armoured corpse. Then again, thus far, most corpses had a weakness in their heads, so perhaps the same was true for Garret. If such was the case, the likeliest opening was at the blood cape. After all, blood couldn't come through his armour, so the part the blood was coming out of likely had an opening in the neck. It was worth a shot, both literally and figuratively, so once she got into position, she went in for a [Sneak Attack] using her a [Well-aimed Strike] with her fighting style to aim at his neck, where the blood for his blood cape left his body and where there hopefully was an opening to shoot him through.

• Grade D Cooldowns (0/2)
  • Sneak Attack: – Appraisal E, Darkvision F, Stealth D, Concealment F – Character uses their stealth and concealment to stay hidden while using their appraisal and darkvision to find the best moment of opportunity to suddenly strike at a target from the shadows, making it much more difficult to dodge or counter the attack. - Grade D – 2 Post Cooldown.
    Grade F Cooldowns (0/0)
  • Well-aimed Strike: – Fighting Style [Precision Strikes] F, Accurate F – Character focusses on cleanly hitting their target. [Accurate] - the technique makes it so the target's speed is treated as though it were reduced by 1 letter grade. - Grade F – 0 Post Cooldown.

Sophia Smith

Sophia watched in interest in the conversation, but as soon as Tarko was brought in and rid of, her blood started to boil. She looked at the others, understanding what was said a bit more than some of the others due to the time she had been taken from. "It means he's a weeb in addition to being a scum stain of a human. Isekai means other world. Basically, it means that in total six of us aren't from this place." She nodded her head towards the necromancer. "Or seven, since he seems to also not be from this world. Can't believe that a human from my time would be such an absolute piece of garbage, but shows that humanity never really changes."

Her eyes moved to Garret, her jaw clenching. She didn't like this. She didn't want to do it. But... from all the things she had seen, she knew that Garret would be hating himself. He would want to die more than anything. So the spider girl knew that she needed to help him be at peace. She rushed to the side opposite to Garvin as soon as the shield dropped, doing her best to avoid looking as another ally was taken from them. Instead, she brought up her crossbow and fired directly at the zombie's head, saying a silent "Sorry" under her breath.​

Renee Nyx

c23c0d8928b37bd3fe576f4e6f2ccecc (1).jpg

Renee watched the entire scene transpire, she wasn't really invested in Garrett, she found him pretty annoying and too big for his britches. But this golden giant intrigued the witch, he was something different, something large. And spoke of that cult again, the Blue Viscera Occult. It also occurred to her that Dahak was in cahoots with this golden giant. But what happened next would surprise Renee, Dahak used that Lifelend, the precious Lifelend she has been looking for. That she wanted. She totally forgot where she was at, she witnessed the power of the Lifelend. It was revealed that Garrett was a zombie this entire time. Dovus had gotten him killed then resurrected him as his own slave. But once Dovus died or the spell was broken. Garrett retained his memories but kept this secret, well, a secret.

Dahak was able to actually save the lot of them from being killed off by this Naberius, who would have slaughtered them all like cur. At the expense of Garrett of course, but this was so cool to watch! This necromancer was crafty. Renee had forgotten about using the amulet since she was so enthralled by what was happening at the moment. Eventually when Kalina reminded her of the amulet, Renee broke out of her hypnosis of the situation. " Oh yeah. That's right. " Renee reached into her bag and pulled out the strange looking amulet with a ever onlooking eye, staring at everyone and everything, like it was alive. Renee raised the amulet up having the eye face Garrett and Dahak, smiling as she did. But... Nothing happened. " Uh... " Renee pointed it again, but again, nothing happened. " Shit. " Renee looked at the amulet, " You better work, damn you! " She pointed at it eye as it stared back with its same emotionless stare.

By the time Wyland was killed and the barrier droppee, Renee growled. " Gods damn it. " Renee stared at the amulet, she could care less about the priest but they been put into a terrible situation. The eye kept staring at her until Renee got a idea. " Dovus. " The Eye blinked. " Oh I'm onto something... " Renee smiled. " Copy? " The Eye looked around rapidly then back to Renee. " Uh... Dahak? Lifelend. " Renee asked as she then turned the Amulet to Dahak, the eye blinked then emitted a strange green glow, looking through Dahak's barrier and at the floating Lifelend. This would gain Dahak's attention as he turned his head to stare at the group.

The amulet that Renee held would begin to morph shape, changing color and grew smaller. Eventually it would turn into a replica of the Lifelend. Renee stared at the amulet he held and smiled. " Finally... " she muttered looking to the rampaging Garrett, the Lifelend replica now floating in her hand. It pulsed a green aura while Renee stared at the undead executioner. Garrett stopped in his tracks, growling and groaning as he held his head with one hand. " Hurry! Attack him! " Renee yelled at the group, the Lifelend began to sear her hand as she held Garrett in place. She could feel her hand begin to burn, she looked and saw green light around where she held her hand. Her eyes winced. " Agh! Fuck! " She held her hand with her free hand as she fell to her knees. " Hurry you fools! " Renee called.

Attachments

• Beholding Eye (2).png
    Beholding Eye (2).png
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

Her teammates entered the magical veil one by one, and soon enough, Selani was the only one left in the corridor. Though she was still hesitant, the courage shown by her allies was infectious; even Gawain's battle cry managed to stir something inside her. Selani couldn't remember the last time she'd worked with such a lively group - it was refreshing, invigorating, even. Finally, with her zeal returning, Selani approached the portal and followed in along with the others, a warm smile forming on her face. She'd only known this gang for a few hours, yet she felt so attached. Maybe after this was all over, she'd stick around for a little longer.

Eventually, as Selani passed to the other side, her smile faded as she witnessed the scene before her. In front of her stood two figures, one dressed in robes with a peculiar mask and another clad in golden armor, a fearsome ax in their hand. Although Selani was unsure which one was Dahak, she had a creeping suspicion that the coming battle would involve both the figures, sending a chill down her spine. However, before she could think of it any further, the formidable Garret lept into battle, but the robed entity quickly defeated him just as swiftly as he entered combat. They even managed to turn Garret against his team, forcing him to slaughter the priest Wyland unceremoniously. Selani winced; though she didn't know much about the older man, he didn't deserve such a gruesome death, especially at the hands of one of his allies.

Though the battle looked dire, some good fortune managed to shine through. For one, the giant golden figure had left the scene, but not before confirming the other's identity as Dahak. Secondly, Renee had stepped in, too, stopping Garret's movement with a strange amulet. Finally, an opportunity arose, and Selani looked to the others for orders but was met with Garvin's less-than-satisfying plans with her. "Yeah, thanks. I'll try not to die if that helps..." She croaked, her voice laden with sarcasm. "Now enough with this hocus-pocus bullcrap. Let's get this done."

Returning her attention to the battlefield, Selani had to think about her next move. While she couldn't be much of a help suppressing Garret, she could assist the group in other ways, and it wasn't long until Selani found one. Above Garret, Selani spotted a chandelier that, if struck, would likely land on him, potentially incapacitating him further. Though she couldn't strike it down, one of her allies probably could. "Hey! One of you, looky there!" She called out, pointing to the chandelier. "There's a chandelier above! Try to knock it down on em'!"

Su Chen

1652556024764.png

Su Chen was surprised by the scene that awaited them on the other side of the veil. It wasn't at all what she had expected and the brief fight the happened right after was far more than dangerous than she had anticipated. What caught her attention the most was the statement Dahak made about there being more players like herself here. That meant some of the people around her now were also from other worlds. That was the best news she'd heard all day as she had been looking for others who shared her experience. That also meant that she didn't need Dahak and could help to kill him.

Despite being ready to go she didn't rush into the fray. The others seemed to know how to work together, she and Selanu were the outsiders so she would sit back and wait. Watching to see how the others fought and engaged with one another.

Skyhunter Skyhunter The Last Curse The Last Curse

Gawain
Interactions: Skyhunter Skyhunter Elvario Elvario Silent Angel Silent Angel EMIYAman EMIYAman The Last Curse The Last Curse LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
Gawain.jpg

Gawain had stepped through the viel ready for war, ready to face the enemy, ready for vengeance. He was not ready for how bad things would become. This occult order, this golden giant, and every other being apart of this damn occult syndicate bullshit were going to pay. He would make them pay in blood i the name of the creature Atifa who he had called friend but now hung squirming in the air. Not just atifa but for the priest Wyland who had shown him kindness and for Garret who had held the village for so long. Dahek would die, but first they needed to put Garret to rest.

Without hesitating for even a second Gawain rushed forward shield raised to follow Garvin's order. Time seemed to slow down slightly for him, or maybe it was more accurate to say that so many thoughts ran through his head at once that it felt like hours passed when it had been only seconds. He mentally cursed himself, he should have realized that Garret was a zombie of some kind. Dovus had taunted him, flaunting his control of Garret to Gawain with the lifelend. At the time Gawain had thought Garret was being controlled just like the other villagers and had not thought that it was because he was undead. Thinking back on it now it all made since, and it was his own inexperience in this fantasy world that had kept him from realizing it.

On his charge towards Garret, the skeleton caught sight of bolts from different direction streaking towards the now restrained Garret. It looks like Renee's magic was working in tangent with the two archers, but it likely wouldn't be enough. Salani on the other hand had a fantastic suggestion. He didn't bother to look up, instead he decided to trust his new companion. His original intention was to strike at Garret's head, but instead he went for the legs. Sweeping low with his blade he went to cut out the man's legs underneath him, to keep him on the ground so that when the chandelier was shot down it would land true.

1652746380050.png

Garret, the Bloodletter's Theme

Renee growled in pain, holding the copy of the Lifelend in her hand as it began to sear her hand and arm. " Gods damnit hurry and kill him! I can't hold on much longer! " Renee was practically screaming in pain, it looked painful, her entire hand was charred, and her wrist was beginning to burn in tangent, the Lifelend in her hand shining a bright green. It was absorbing her life energy to counteract Dahak's own Lifelend, but because she lacked the actual requirements to use it, it was absorbing her life essence as a balance. Looking to the side to see Su Chen standing there, Renee's anger grew, mainly through being in pain. " Hey bitch! Do anything besides stand there and not get your hands dirty! " Renee's red eyes wide with rage. Her eyes showed killing intent, mainly directed at Su Chen herself. " Or I'll rip your damn eyes OUT! " Renee would begin screaming in pain again, holding the Lifelend in stronger grip. Her arm was rapidly shaking, tears rolling down her cheeks as she was in immense pain.

1652749497959.png

Garrett was struggling to move, groaning incoherent rants and snarls, his eyes moving around from person to person coming after him, the cape of blood still flowing on his back into the air. Finally, Dahak had to intervene, turning from the floating Atiifa and using the real Lifelend he had created, it glowed with power, but to his surprise it wouldn't release Garrett, the mage then growled, " You damn rats! " He roared, " You cannot and WILL NOT hinder my research! " When the amulet Kalina had stolen from Dovus earlier that day, the amulet she had taken was actually a part of the real Lifelend that Dovus had taken from Dahak, this amulet that Renee was now wielding was actually a part of the real Lifelend. It was then took the form of the Lifelend and in retrospect, took some of it's power. It seemed Dovus was planning on making his own but it was never completed.

1652749693488.png

Garrett was still unable to move as Gawain would make his move, two bolts from Sophia flew in Garrett's direction, a sweep of blood flew by pass Garrett from his cape, catching the arrows. Garrett still staring watching them, while he couldn't move his body he could still use the powers of blood he was imbued with. While Garrett defended himself from Sophia's arrows, he would not be able to stave off Gawain, who moved after the blood ran it's course. Gawain would get through and stab through his leg which caused a instinctual attack from the blood, a wave of tainted blood slamming into the skeleton, throwing him away like he was a ragdoll. It wouldn't hurt him as there was no flesh to him, but he was tossed away. Renee saw Gawain stab his leg, preventing the undead Garrett to stand back up. Renee would release the grip on Garrett while she also dropped the duped Lifelend, her arm smoldering from using such a powerful amulet.

1652752546555.png

Renee looked up at Selani, ready to yell some more since she was doing nothing, but she pointed out to the chandelier above Garrett. Renee looked up with wide eyes, looking down at Garrett who was struggling to get up, the blood cape on him moving around him like a shield from the rest of the group. Renee chuckled, " Frog lady, you genius! " Renee stood up with a large smile on her face, still wobbly about using the Lifelend, she opened up her journal as the shadowy entity that lived inside came out to join her. Renee began to channel electricity in her undamaged arm. " By the power of the Arcana, come forth in the form of lightning. " She muttered to herself. She then generated enough electricity and shot a bolt of lighting up into the ceiling above Garrett.
  • Lightning Bolt - D - Magic Affinity D, Electric Affinity E, Magic Range E: Renee conducts electricity through her body and into her fingertips, pointing two fingers at her target, Renee releases a powerful bolt of lightning that reaches around 30 feet. - 2 post cooldown.

The bolt of lightning crashed into the ceiling above the chandelier, busting the chain that held it up. Releasing the large light source as it came crashing down towards Garrett who looked up seeing it coming, his blood moved up towards to catch the chandelier. Fortunately for the group, Kalina appeared behind Garrett, using her crossbow to fire bolts in rapid succession and in an accurate manner into Garrett's neck, a bolt striking through that brought his cape down, splashing tainted blood all over Kalina. Garrett then took the full brunt of the chandelier on top of him. Crashing on top of him, crushing the large monster. He was spewing blood from his mouth as his body was unable to move but he still lived. Garvin slowly came walking up to the large figure, looking down at his once to be brother who looked up at him with uncaring eyes, that of a zombie. Garvin had a look of sadness in his eyes. " I don't know if who I've been talking to this entire time was actually my brother or if it was all fake, but I love you brother. And I am sorry for leaving. Rest easy. I'll be seeing you. " Garvin pointed his large crossbow at the head of the defeated Garrett and shot a single bolt. The bolt flew through the skull of the executioner, permanently putting him down.

Dahak watched the scene unravel and roared, turning to Atiifa and grabbing him by his neck, turning to the group while pulling the small furry beast into two pieces as a gurgling noise was the only thing he uttered. Blood and gore slammed onto the floor below him as the barrier around Dahak fell, the Necromancer looking unhappy as the held the destroyed corpse of Atiifa in both hands, he then tossed both halves of their friend on the ground in front of them. " That will be your fate after you all have served your purposes. " Dahak spoke with a sinister tone. Dahak still wielded the Lifelend, looking at the group as a staff was summoned from the ground into his hand, it was made of metal in the shape of a hexagon, the tip emitted a purple fog. " Come meet your end. " Dahak then brought his staff up from the ground as a rush of purple energy flew across the ground at Kalina who was the closest. Dahak stepped off his platform to face them in battle. "

1652749635762.png

Dahak's Theme

Interactions: Elvario Elvario Dante Verren Dante Verren LadyOfStars LadyOfStars The Last Curse The Last Curse Silent Angel Silent Angel EMIYAman EMIYAman

Kalina Chivernu
Mentions: Renee Skyhunter Skyhunter

A lot of time had passed as if she'd been stuck in a fever dream, in which she only dreamed she was able to act according to what she saw happening like any sane person would be doing, rather than just standing by and eating popcorn while watching enemies be slain. By the time she could finally move again, she was only able to 'save' Garrett by finishing him off, along with the help of the other companions and Renee's control over the second Lifelend. Luckily enough she'd been given a great moment to strike and shoot at the guy's neck-cape thing.

That said, even in all her thirst, Kalina wasn't all that happy when she got a royal splash of tainted blood all over her. Perhaps a vampire being splattered with blood was like a Canadian bathing in maple syrup, but there was something off about it. Something about it smelled rotten. The thought of drinking it didn't even occur to her, as this might be even worse than the blood of small animals. As a result, she was trying to wipe it off whilst watching Garvin slay his undead brother and put him down for good.

Dahak proceeded to finish off Atiifa, which Kalina was already expecting him to do. It didn't make her any less angry. She was ready to draw her rapier and lunge at him, but she spotted the weird purple energy heading for her. She didn't expect it to be something she could block against, so her best option would be to jump away with all of her might and to try backing up as quickly as possible and to hide into the shadows. Regardless of success or failure, she'd try continue to back-up further to the best of her extend until she was no longer in the front-lines of facing Dahak. As much as she hated him, she knew she didn't stand a chance if she had to fight him in melee and her earlier desire to lunge at him had faded by her sense of realism telling her not to be stupid.

Once she'd have made it to the back-lines, she'd lay aim with her crossbow once more. This time, she'd use her Forwards Lunge techniques on firing a crossbow bold directly at Dahak's head. With some luck, her allies would attack as well, as while she expected him to be able to defend against her attack on its own, she doubted he'd be able to defend against all of them working together.

On the topic of them working together, now that she'd been able to back up, she was able to quickly address Renee. Her sister's screaming in pain had rather unnerved Kalina. “Are you alright?” She'd ask, although she'd do so without looking at Renee herself, as she wished to keep her eyes focussed on Dahak at all times.

• Grade D Cooldowns (1/2)
  • Sneak Attack: – Appraisal E, Darkvision F, Stealth D, Concealment F – Character uses their stealth and concealment to stay hidden while using their appraisal and darkvision to find the best moment of opportunity to suddenly strike at a target from the shadows, making it much more difficult to dodge or counter the attack. - Grade D – 2 Post Cooldown.
    Grade E Cooldowns (0/1)
  • Forwards Lunge: – Fighting Style [Precision Strikes] E, Accurate F, Penetrating F – Character lunges forwards to strike at a target accurately and with full force. [Accurate] - the technique makes it so the target's speed is treated as though it were reduced by 1 letter grade. [Penetrating] - weapon can ignore armours of similar or lesser grades and still hurt target. - Grade E – 1 Post Cooldown.
    Grade F Cooldowns (0/0)
  • Well-aimed Strike: – Fighting Style [Precision Strikes] F, Accurate F – Character focusses on cleanly hitting their target. [Accurate] - the technique makes it so the target's speed is treated as though it were reduced by 1 letter grade. - Grade F – 0 Post Cooldown.

Sophia Smith

The spider lady winced as the chandelier fell, before Garrett's brother was forced to kill what the necromancer had turned him into. It made her stomach turn, and she decided that, after this was done, she would stay away from adventuring for a short bit. Perhaps go somewhere with Kalina to take both of their minds off of the dour situation they found themselves in. She herself knew that too much more of this would not be the best for her personal wellbeing, and with what Kalina had been doing, she must have been stressed out as well.

Her eyes were drawn to Dahak as he spoke, taunting the group. She bit back the retort that she wanted to say, deciding that the element of surprise would be better. After all, his attention had been drawn to the main group area, an area where she herself had moved away from. What was better was her crossbow was already cocked for a new bolt, and her hands moved precisely and like lightning to fit a very special bolt into place.

Sophia brought up the crossbow once the barrier had been dropped, the crossbow now fitted with a [High Powered Heavy Bolt - B Rank]. She aimed almost instinctively and fired, her crossbow pushed neigh to the limit to send the powerful bolt shooting out at the rough speed of a bullet, with more stopping power than most of the smaller projectiles. She had aimed just above the center of mass once more, wanting to make sure of a hit, but not wanting to make herself less accurate by aiming at a smaller target. This way, her bolt most likely would take off the head, allowing a quick kill afterwards.

With this bolt, she felt no regret. With what she had seen this man do to Tarko and what he had forced Garrett to do, he deserved to truly be put down. And because of that her mind held none of the deep regret that she had in attacking the zombies, who were souls trapped inside of people who didn't deserve what was done to them, nor Tarko, who was tricked into being a monster for the necromancer, and nor Garrett, an ally who, though she didn't agree with his personality, he had deserved a better end than what he had gotten. Each of those people had been put there because this monster thought he was better because he, like herself, had come from a different world. And she would make sure to show that he was more pathetic than the lowest of scum he had turned into his slave.​

Hearing the great chandelier fall onto Garret brought a self-assured smirk to Selani's face. Not only was it satisfying to see a plan succeed, but watching the group move so fluidly was quite the treat. She almost got lost in the moment, but the looming threat of death was well of a good reason not to. Regardless, with Garret incapacitated, Selani expected the man to snap out of his murderous stupor, but sadly, as Garvin sorrowfully approached and killed him, that was not the case. Although Selani was no empath, as hard as she tried not to be, Garvin's remorseful last words to his brother made her heart sink; it even conjured a vague thought about her own family. But, of course, Selani tried to choke it down - she couldn't show her vulnerable side here of all places, yet she couldn't shake the feeling. So instead, Selani offered Garvin a slow, solemn nod, though some sadness was still hidden in her eyes. Mentally, she made one certain: she would not end up like Garret. She would see her family again - she'd make sure of it.

With Garret gone, Dahak finally went on the offensive, summoning his staff and letting loose a spell of malignant energy. Selani took a few steps back, not eager to get hit with any magical projectiles, but as she did so, she couldn't help but notice the strange amulet hanging on Dahak's neck. Its eldritch glow was alluring, to say the least, but also very familiar in a peculiar way. It took her a minute to put the pieces together, but after glancing at Renee's charm a few times, Selani finally recognized they were the same. Moreover, after seeing what it had done to Garret, Selani knew it held some unfathomable power - power that her team could use. Unfortunately, though, there was still one issue: Dahak had the other copy of the amulet, and with the necromancer currently slinging spells, Selani wasn't too keen on approaching him, much less snatching something off his neck. Regardless, it was apparent what her following action would be - when the time was right, of course.

For now, Selani worried about making herself a target, so she quickly hopped over to the side, landing near the blacksmith Sophia. She hadn't introduced herself beforehand, and now wouldn't have been the best time, but Selani needed to know more about this amulet, and apart from Renee, Sophia looked fairly knowledgable. "Yeah, yeah, now's the worst time for makin' acquaintances, I know, but I'm Selani, a pleasure." She croaked hastily, glancing at Dahak now and then, "Now, Miss, you see that thing Dahak's got around his neck? Lil' caterwauler Renee's got one too, but what is it? I'm thinking of sneakin' up there and grabbin' it for us, but it's best I know what I'm getting into first."

Su Chen

The group was impressive, both individually and in the way that they worked together. Their ability to listen to one another and act upon the suggestions made would carry them far in any fight. Su Chen hadn't worked in a team setting in some time and had no intentions of doing so when she made up her mind to seek out the necromancer, but she knew just from his few displays of power that she couldn't do it alone. With the undead warrior down and dispatched by his own brother, they had one foe left. While she would have had better odds against the zombie, Su Chen was excited to test herself against the mage.

Seeing others retreat, she started to step forward, walking through the group and making her way to the front lines. Her ability to regenerate might not have been very high, but if she couldn't do any damage to Dahak, she could at the very least try to draw his attention for others.

When a few attacks were launched, Su Chen decided to make her move. She rushed to the front, taking long strides and keeping her gaze fixed on the enemy. "Spear Hand!" Her right arm pulled back and she tucked her elbow into her side as she neared the necromancer. Making one final lunge to close the gap, her right hand shot out in and uppercutting motion with her fingers firmly pointed,

• Spear Hand - Herculean Strength F - Penetrating, Super Strength E - This skill allows Su Chen to utilize her strength to ignore grades of an item when it is used to defend. Ignores two grades of defending item. - Grade E - 1 Post Cooldown

Skyhunter Skyhunter

Gawain
Interactions: Skyhunter Skyhunter Elvario Elvario Silent Angel Silent Angel LadyOfStars LadyOfStars The Last Curse The Last Curse
Gawain.jpg

There it was, the now familiar feeling of steel stabbing through flesh. The sudden resistance giving way into an easy push as the sword pierced through flesh and scraped straight past bone. That right there was the moment that Gawain knew Garret would be put to rest. Either by the fall of the chandelier or by something else. He had landed his blow, he had played a role, and he had made Renee's howls of pain worth something. If he could have smiled, he would have. Even as the blood cape slammed into him faster then he could have raised his shield. Even as his feet left the ground and he was thrown backwards, he was still smiling, figuratively of course. While he felt sympathy for the brother's tragedy, he was happy for Garret. The warrior was finally free, and that was something to be happy about.

He didn't see the impact of the chandelier fall. Instead the skeleton heard the blast of lightning and the clanging of metal followed by a weak howl from the zombified brother. He sat up just in time to see the last farewell between brothers. A heartbreaking sight if this was any other situation. He would pay his respects later, but first he had to finish the battle. The skeleton pushed himself back up onto his feet not bothering to pull the cowl of his cloak back up, instead he left his skull stay uncovered. He would not try and hide what he was in this battle.

Before Gawain could make his move Dahek did. The monster made Gawain's hatred for him grow even more as the necromancer turned one of his first friends in this world to a bloody pile. With renew strength he rushed forward, bending down low he scooped his sword up pulling it free from the corpse of Garret as he raced past. The massive Su chen was already marching on Dahek launching her own attack. Gawain didn't care if she was trying to keep the necromancer's attention. "DAHEK!" he roared, "IN THE NAME OF EVERYONE WHO YOU TORTURED, SLAUGHTERED, AND EXPIREMENTED ON! I AM GOING TO SLICE YOU INTO SO MANY PEICES, NOT EVEN YOUR GOLDEN CLAD MASTER'S CAN PUT YOU BACK TOGETHER! " He caught sight of the amulet, the Lifelend as he charged forwards off to the right of Su chen. It's existence was non consequential. He would not fall to it's control. He would not allow it. Stabbing out with his blade, he aimed straight for the lower torso, intending to strike if not before Su chen, directly after.

1653143490187.png

Dahak's Theme

1653143565615.png

Renee Nyx

1653145773145.png

Renee watched Garvin put down Garrett, her eyes stared at the dead brother for a moment before her eyes looked all around her, it seemed like time had slowed down while was seeing everyone fight in synchronization. Sophia and Garvin keeping their distance while firing at Dahak, Gawain and Su Chen charging the necromancer, Selani coming up with ways to defeat Dahak, Kalina backing up to access the situation. And Renee having her magic. She stepped forward even as her hand burned when using the fake Lifelend, Renee looked to Kalina when hearing her name. Renee offered a smile to the vampire, " I am fine, sister, my eyes have opened up. " Renee turned to face the Necromancer. " I can counter his use of the Lifelend but it will hurt, sister. " Renee looked more calculated now, staring at her options. " The Lifelend... " She whispered quietly then watched as he defended off all their attacks, " Sister, we need to be careful, a sneak attack will be the most viable option. Are you able to sneak around? " Renee asked.

• Exploding Bolt - D - Magic Affinity D, Electric Affinity E, Magic Range E, Magic AOE F: Renee casts a unstable bolt of lightning that when fired at a target from 30 ft away, it explodes and damages targets within a 10 foot radius. - 2 post cooldown (1/2)

Dahak chuckled, " I have to say I am amused that you would come after me. " The Necromancer watched every come forth to attack, with his perception and hearing, he could see Sophia's power shot coming his way, Dahak quickly slammed his staff on the ground then raised his staff back up, with this motion a wall of undead rose from the ground in front of him, single file. Raising five corpses as the undead took the bolts, Dahak chuckled until he felt the bolt still stick his shoulder, causing him to slide back. Dahak growled and grabbed the bolt, pulling it out as she tossed it to the side. The undead he had raised had weakened the power of the bolt, it seemed like it didn't even hurt the necromancer. He gave a low cackle, sending the undead forward to take on the back row, being Renee, Sophia, Kalina, Selani and Garvin. Just as the two forward attackers, Gawain and Su Chen faced him. This is what he wanted to see. " Let me see how strong you are. " He taunted the two with an evil laugh, his eyes glowing a dark purple as the undead were keeping the others distracted, having holes in their chests from Sophia's attack, they each went after their targets.

Dahak flipped his staff around as the two came forth. Su Chen was the first to attack, " Spear Hand! " He heard her call as she pulled her right arm back and throw a heavy attack, Dahak didn't have enough time to attack and could only defend, he brought his thick staff up to attempt to defend himself from Su Chen, was ended up happening was Su Chen slammed her fist through his staff with a loud DING! Dahak then backed up quickly looking at his broken staff, the purple mist that emitted out of the end was gone. Dahak didn't have anything to say as he heard Gawain roar, still looking at his staff, like he didn't care what Gawain had to say. But Dahak was great at adapting, he swung one half of the staff down, connecting with Gawain's sword, causing him to run behind Dahak now, just as Dahak spun the other way and slammed his other half into Gawain's skull. " Yeah yeah, that isn't the first time I've heard that. " Dahak huffed now sounding like he was annoyed. Dahak then kicked Gawain away with force that would knock the skeleton down as he then backed away, facing both Su Chen and Gawain. He was chuckling quietly sounding like he was enjoying this fight.

Garvin fired his crossbow into the first zombie's head but the arrow deflected off the head like it was stone. Garvin looked in shock for a moment, " Damn it, watch their heads. " Garvin backed up as he reloaded, Renee saw the undead coming and sighed, " Come, sister. Let us fight these undesirables. " Renee smirked as she opened her book. When the first zombie came close to her, she figured she would use a spell that Wyland would be proud of. Renee lifted her hand up as light generated in her palm, then a beam of light came out and enveloped the coming undead in front of her. " Burn in my presence! " Renee growled with hateful malice.

• Ray of Light - E - Magic Affinity E. Light Affinity F, Magic Range F, Fire Affinity F, Energized E: Renee summons a light source in her hand that extends into a beam that burns away organic matter up to 10 feet. - 0 Post Cooldown.

The Undead in front of her would wither and burn away in this hot light, groaning and growling until silence and ash lingered.

Interactions: Elvario Elvario Silent Angel Silent Angel The Last Curse The Last Curse LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Dante Verren Dante Verren

Kalina Chivernu

Kalina was a bit confused by her sister. She'd clearly been in a lot of pain, but said she was okay, but also didn't sound like she was just trying to act tough. If anything, there was something a little creepy about it. Just how obsessed with this Lifelend was her sister? Then again, Renee had called her sister in this short minute more often than in their entire reunion thus far, which stirred up some nice feelings even in this awful situation. It's while Kalina smiled upon hearing the question. “Of course~” She was always ready to sneak around, as she moved back a bit to hide in the shadows once more.

Dahak summoning new undead was neither surprising nor discouraging, as that much was very well without expectations. His ability to give them heads that didn't simply crack upon being hit, however, was a lot more troublesome. She was trying to figure out how to deal with them when Renee cast her spell. For a short moment, Kalina was impressed, but then she was concerned. Even from behind it, Kalina could feel the heat and light radiate from it, which felt absolutely horrible. She'd have to be very, very careful not to get caught up on that ray, or she'd probably suffer a very similar fate as these undead. To that extend, she figured she was better off leaving these undead to Renee and the others and to make sure she didn't get in their way.

Instead, having already backed up before, she hoped she'd be able to fully hide in the shadows of the room before the undead reached her and to quickly make her way around them. If she couldn't go after the newly raised undead, a surprise attack on their boss was her next-best option. She tried her best to measure the situation around Dahak. Gawain and Su were teaming up on him, having already broken his staff, although Gawain had been kicked back a fair bit. She continued to try making her way to a point where she was fully behind Dahak, hoping to attack him in the back. Sadly enough, she hadn't yet been able to catch her breath well enough to go all-out with her sneak attack. The latter was why it was all the more important for her to wait for the perfect moment to strike.

Knowing that Gawain and Su wouldn't sit still and just stand there, Kalina waited for them to strike first. Their attacks had been powerful enough to force Dahak on the defence before, so she was sure it'd do so again. That would be the exact moment she'd strike, using the distraction from their attacks to strike at Dahak from behind, using a [Sneak Attack] at F grade with her rapier to strike him in the back. She'd gotten a fair bit stronger, so hopefully she was able to somewhat pierce through his armour with her current strength and upgraded rapier. Alternatively, in the very worst case scenario, she'd at least serve as yet another distraction to give someone else further opportunities. The latter was something she was really starting to appreciate about fighting as a team.

• Grade D Cooldowns (2/2)
    Grade E Cooldowns (1/1)
  • Forwards Lunge: – Fighting Style [Precision Strikes] E, Accurate F, Penetrating F – Character lunges forwards to strike at a target accurately and with full force. [Accurate] - the technique makes it so the target's speed is treated as though it were reduced by 1 letter grade. [Penetrating] - weapon can ignore armours of similar or lesser grades and still hurt target. - Grade E – 1 Post Cooldown.
    Grade F Cooldowns (0/0)
  • Sneak Attack: – Appraisal F, Darkvision F, Stealth F, Concealment F – Character uses their stealth and concealment to stay hidden while using their appraisal and darkvision to find the best moment of opportunity to suddenly strike at a target from the shadows, making it much more difficult to dodge or counter the attack. - Grade F – 0 Post Cooldown.

Gawain
Interactions: Skyhunter Skyhunter Elvario Elvario The Last Curse The Last Curse LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
Gawain.jpg

The world was sent spinning as a smack to the back of his skull and a kick to his side sent the skeleton sliding across the ground. Although he couldn't feel pain, his movement was still took a blow. He wasn't exactly dazed, yet his body would take a second to recover. The arrogant prick thought that was enough to knock him out, then he had another thing coming. Still for a magic us the bastard still had one hell of swing. The Skeleton growled as he pushed himself back up onto one knee, crouching behind his shield as his empty eye sockets viewed the surrounding area.

He quickly noted that Su chen was fairing better then himself, as annoying as that was. Selani had still not joined the fight yet, but if she was as impressive as her massive friend then they were guaranteed to win this. His thoughts were momentary paused as he watched Renee charge up a magic blast and blow the wall of dead to bits. Renee was taing this seriously. Fixing his gaze back on Dahek , he slid his right leg backwards to put himself in a sprinters stance. Pushing off with as much strength as he could manage he charged forward shield rasied and ready to stab.

As he drew closer to Dahek he would stab high with his sword, but that wasn't the only thing he would try. At the same time as he stabbed upwards with his blade he stabbed the point of the shield low, trying to land at least one of the blows.

Kurikara did what he could within the battle. The reveal of the warrior Garrett being an undead puppet of Dahek shocked him, but most of all it strengthened his resolve to see the blasphemies of Dahek be answered for. Though his mind was clouded, the presence of that gold being and the words it had spoken occupied his thoughts. He slashed at the undead that lingered upon the battlefield though with the aid of the others they were growing fewer and fewer. Kurikara had known the taint of evil would never truly be defeated it could only be contained at held off when it reared its head once again, such was his purpose all these centuries. Yet, he had thought the destruction of Dahek would be the end of this, but he was wrong. Dahek was strong stronger than Kurikara he simply would not be able to take him alone. Thats why he had joined this band of eclectic warriors why he had allowed the continued existence of an undead knight, a greedy witch... and that vampire. Dahek however was just one of many he wasn't even the true perpetrator behind this evil, for all his acts he was just a small part of this world. Much greater evils lay out there, far beyond this desolate place. And Kurikara would destroy that evil. He just had to survive and go beyond this wretched place, leave all this doubt and questions behind and grow stronger. He saw them Gawain recovering from Daheks attack and going in for another strike, Kalina was hidden from him but no doubt this meant she was preparing an attack of her own, and Renee preparing her great magic.

Centralfiction_(Story_mode_illustration,_5).png Now was the moment. [Rikudō Mizu: Six Realms-Water] The eyes upon his body of armor glowed with crimson light as the fully opened fully absorbing the information of the world around them and empowering Kurikara. The thoughts plaguing Kurikaras existence, the tumultuous river of his mind calmed into the still peace of a pool. Kurikara was ever changing, yet tranquil, his spirit was balanced. His blade and body one all set to achieve one goal. [Rikudō Tsuchi: Six Realms-Earth] Kurikara hefted his blade shifting his stance into one of patience, putting his all his being into a single pivotal strike. A strike meant to sever beyond the physical, he may be a mote of dust before the many powers of this world yet even he still strived for this. A perfect sword whereupon all were made equal in its wake. The others had put there all into this even the newcomers they had picked up who had not nearly as much reason to slay Dahek as they. Yet the still fought with all their strength, they were commendable. The Witch and her magic had been instrumental without her they would have failed long before now. The Vampire was a crafty and intelligent one while not overtly strong her strength lied in her will and her heart, which had reached many even him. The Undead Knight was a just soul who could never stand the presence of evil and was unwavering in his rage against it. When the attacks of them all converged intent to destroy Dahek he struck, a flashing blade of justice meant to cut down Dahek.

• Rikudō Tsuchi: Six Realms-Earth - Focus F, Fighting Style Kishin-ryu E, Athletics F, Multidimensional F, Penetrating F - Kurikara goes into a ready stance and when the moment is right performs a single powerful strike cleaving them in twain. Cleaves through F grade armor and can effect ethereal entities. - Grade E - (0/1)
  • Rikudō Mizu: Six Realms-Water - Feature [Crimson Heavenly Eyes] - 360 degree Vision, Bolster [Speed] F, Focus F - Kurikara fully opens the Crimson Eyes all over his armor and centers his mind focusing on his current goal in battle. In this state he can dodge most attack so long as his Speed is high enough and the attack is not too large for him to move. Increases Speed Grade +1 counts as Bolster [Speed] F use. Lasts one post. - Grade F - (0/0)

Su Chen

Su Chen was proud of herself for managing to crack the necromancer's staff with a single hit. She hadn't fought many magic users, but even she knew how important a staff could be for them. While the skeleton man was struck by Dahak, she didn't worry for his wellbeing. Partially because she didn't know him, but mainly because he was already undead. There was no time to stand around and pat herself on the back though, or to worry about the others, they had the upper hand and shouldn't let it pass them by.

As the others made their move to continue the attack, Su Chen quickly acted to assist them. It seemed the others were all aiming to impale the necromancer and although she wished to run her hand through him for having her imprisoned, she couldn't use that skill again just yet. "This looks like the end of you." Su Chen taunted smugly as she crouched down and planted her feet firmly.

Then she launched herself as high off the ground as she could manage, pushing off the floor with every muscle. Her eyes shifted down to Dahak and she pulled her right arm back and made it into a tight fist. "Haa!" She roared, activating [Warning Shot] as she began her descent towards, Dahak. She threw her fist forward, hoping to crush the man with her inhuman strength.

• Warning Shot - Super Strength E - This skill utilizes Su Chen's Super Strength, allowing her to deliver a powerful hit to her target that knocks them back. - Grade E - 1 Post Cooldown
Cooldowns:

Spear Hand (1/1)

Skyhunter Skyhunter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back