• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy -Just a Dream- [Closed]

CamlinSkitt

Probably Overthinking It
Welcome
Call me Camlin! As you may have noticed, I'm looking for a roleplay. I'm happy with something modern/realistic, or maybe even something futuristic/sci-fi, but fantasy is my true love! I'm pretty eager and up for nearly anything fantasy. I'm talking medieval, modern, high, low, vampires, fairies, princesses, assassins, wands, potions, dragons...you get the idea. I'll try (and probably fail) to keep this short and sweet.

About Me
I'm in my twenties and female, for those of you who care to know.

My time zone is Mountain Standard Time (MST), or -7 GMT/UTC. We do not observe Daylight Savings Time (DST) here in Arizona, so our time difference may change by one hour depending on the season.

At the moment, I am between jobs. This means my availability is wide open, and I can (usually) make multiple posts a day. When I start my new job in early December, I can do about a post a day. I will also contact you if I cannot post as expected.

I use correct but generally informal grammar. This means I don't particularly care about details like who versus whom or exact comma placement, but I care very much about grammar mistakes that change the meaning of a sentence, such as there, their, and they're. That said, everyone makes mistakes now and then!

My post lengths will vary depending on circumstances within the roleplay. For example, heavy dialogue generally leads to shorter posts (about one paragraph) but more rapid-fire posting speed. If you prefer longer posting lengths, I will match your requirements to the best of my ability.

I am happy to play both male and female characters, though I am more confident playing females. I'm also up for doubles—or even more main characters per person where appropriate.

I can take or leave the romance element.

We can do face claims and/or character profiles if you prefer, but I personally do not require either.

I mostly don't do Fandoms, but when I do they are never anime/manga and they almost always focus on original main characters—both your characters and mine. Still, feel free to pitch a fandom and I might just be up for it!

I'm satisfied with most degrees of censoring, as long as there is censoring. Do you want to keep it PG? Great! Do you want mature themes? Fine by me! But I don't want to write/read explicit descriptions of sex (not that the site allows that, anyway). Less physical detail and more story, please!

I prefer to roleplay via either PM or Discord. Feel free to find my Discord Tag in the "About" section of my RPNation profile, since the moderators edited the thread when I tried to save you a few clicks and list it here. But don't friend me in Discord without sending me a message that you're from the site, because I tend to decline unexplained friend requests.

Expectations
Please use correct grammar. I am happy to forgive mistakes, but will not tolerate sheer laziness.

I want to hear from you at least once every couple of days. Even if you can't reply to the roleplay, just a quick message letting me know you haven't ghosted is appreciated. If you know in advance that you will be unable to post for a time, please let me know. I will extend the same courtesies to you.

Please communicate with me. If something I've written or done makes you uncomfortable or unhappy, tell me. I can't fix what I don't know about. Moreover, I can always do with more friends!

If you want to quit the roleplay or take an indefinite break for any reason (real life stuff, incompatibility between us, loss of interest, etc.), please tell me! Even if you find it's been months since you last posted and at this point it's just weird to say you want to quit when you obviously already have, tell me. I promise not to make it weird or get angry. I've ghosted people in the past, and I'm not proud of it, but I understand it all too well. I just want to know if I need to move on.

Ideas
Sadly, I'm pretty short on ideas right now, and I have no proper plots...but here are a couple vague ideas that sound interesting at the moment. Let me know if something sparks your imagination! Or bring your own ideas to the table—I'm happy to listen!

Dragon x Dragon Rider
Though I've listed this like a pairing, this is definitely meant to be platonic, unless we double or add in more characters later. Ideally, MC would be the dragon and YC would be the dragon rider. I haven't settled on any details, so I'd like to work together to create characters, fill out the setting, and decide on a main conflict and such.​

Hogwarts After the War
I know I said I don't usually do fandoms, but Harry Potter holds a special place in my heart. If we do this, I insist we use book canon unless we both agree on a particular bit of movie canon or headcanon. This one is actually pretty ambitious; It will take place after all the canon students have left Hogwarts (or maybe during "eighth" year), but well before any of the canon students' children come to Hogwarts. This means all the students will be OCs, which could mean a lot of character creation. The way I'm envisioning this, it's mostly Slice of Life (though surely we can invent some adventures for our characters). It deals heavily with the fallout of the war: mourning those who died in the war effort, seeing whether or not Slytherin can redeem itself in the eyes of the victors, rebuilding the school, learning how to correctly deal with prejudice...that sort of thing. We'd mainly focus on our student characters, but it could be fun to occasionally switch focus to staff interactions.​

Misc
Finally, for those of you who want it, here's a writing sample. It's my intro post in a roleplay where some kinds of supernaturals are slaves, other kinds are citizens, and humans are kill-on-sight.
The various slaves for sale passed before his eyes in something of a blur. Only a few even slightly piqued his interest; he absently admired the more exquisite female forms among the wares, as any other male in his position might. Still, he didn’t particularly want a personal servant. The cleaning service that came by his apartment twice a week was satisfactory. Microwave meals, restaurants, and the food served on campus suited him well, when he cared to eat. The blood banks were—well, it would be nice to have his own, fresh blood source available whenever he wanted, but was that worth the loss of his privacy? A personal servant would live with him, in his apartment, the one place where he could lock out the rest of the world and relax.

But his mother insisted that it was past time he had his own slave. It was business for her, of course. Just think how it looks to others, that the son and heir of a major shareholder doesn’t utilize the company’s products? Worse, his girlfriend agreed, if only because this was the closest she’d ever get to having her own slave to boss around. With both of the most important females in his life pressuring him, Aristide found himself here at this auction, possibly about to buy his own personal servant.

Aristide hated giving in.

He leaned back in his seat, contemplating the situation. Sammy was seated beside him, occasionally whispering commentary in his ear, to which he feigned attention and provided the occasional non-committal grunt. Briefly, he supposed he really ought to be paying his girlfriend more attention, but he quickly discarded that thought in favor of his brooding. Sammy would forgive him later. She always did.

A new lot was announced, and Aristide finally took notice as the atmosphere in the room changed. He could almost feel every being in the room turning their focus to the young female now occupying the stage. What was all the fuss?

The “fuss” was soon explained, by way of the auctioneer’s histrionics. A half-witch! Who had ever heard of such a thing? And wild-caught to boot. Oh, but this was perfect, on so many levels! Troublesome, to be sure—perhaps he’d be better of choosing a nice, safe nymph. Shapely, obedient, and uncontroversial. But the controversy was the point! What better way to show his mother that she didn’t control him, that he wasn’t going to toe any more lines for her? Half her blood was that of a superior race, the blood of a people born to stand above others, now enslaved. The other half—the human half—was worse than dirt; it was the kind of blood that should be exterminated upon sight rather than be tolerated in the presence of decent people. Two extremes in one tidy package, and a most improper choice. It would drive Cerise Vieth mad!

Still, Aristide hesitated. It was the girl herself who finally decided him. He saw the stubborn line of her jaw belied by weary shoulders, the hint of fight still flickering in her tired eyes, and he wanted to see which would win in the end: the anger or the despair.

Then he heard the price as the audience started making their bids. Well, good thing he had unlimited access to the family funds. Aristide raised his paddle.

Sammy gripped his free arm so tightly, her nails dug into his shirtsleeve and indented his skin. But she said not a word, only sat there gripping him as he continued to make his bids. Finally, the last of Aristide’s competition made a face and set his paddle down.

“Going once…going twice…and SOLD to number forty-two!” The auctioneer banged his gavel and the sale was final. Ceremonially, anyway. Aristide still had to write the check.

The guards took his new slave away, and he knew this was the part where he was supposed to sit and continue taking part in the auction, but sitting there was the last thing he wanted to do. So he stood, and Sammy followed suit, still clinging to his arm. As they departed through the back, she hissed into his ear, “What were you thinking?

“I wasn’t,” Aristide murmured in response. The corner of his mouth twitched in amusement.

“That’s not funny! That price tag—and she’s half human for Christ’s sake! Your mother’s gonna kill you!”

“Mm-hmm,” he hummed in agreement. He knew she wouldn’t, though. Her disapproval and cutting remarks hadn’t killed him yet.

Sammy glared at him but finally loosened her grip and quieted.

As they held their short conversation, Aristide led the way to the hall where the actual money changed hands. The staff tried to protest his presence there; payment and delivery weren’t supposed to commence until after the auction closed, but the Vieth family name and a few crisp bills settled their concerns. Aristide obediently signed the required documents and handed over his black titanium credit card. Guards were summoned and ordered to bring the slave, while Aristide and Sammy were ushered to a private room to await his costly half-witch.

One wall was lined with mirrors, and Aristide’s briefly noted the familiar visage there. An ashen pallor—the trademark sign of a vampire—starkly contrasted by dark brown hair styled in a carefully-crafted mess. Steel-blue eyes looked out from the chiseled features of his face, and his square jaw was clean-shaven. He wore a black dress shirt—untucked—with gray slacks, a gray blazer, and black leather lace-ups. A forest-green tie was knotted loosely around his throat, and the top button of his shirt was left undone. Sammy beside him was also familiar. She was all luscious honey skin with thick silver hair and molten brown eyes, squeezed into a tight black halter dress and peep toe heels. Dating Samantha Espinosa was another act of rebellion for Aristide, but it was certainly his favorite such act so far.

His attention did not go unnoticed. “Like what you see?” she purred, reaching up and lightly dragging her long, silver-painted nails along his chest.

Aristide didn’t get a chance to answer. Just then, the door opened, and both of the room’s occupants turned to get a good look at Aristide’s newest purchase.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back