• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

D i d o

Sapere Aude
User Image

Welcome to my one x one search thread!

About Me:
-
You can call me Juno.
- I'm 25+.
- I have upwards of ten years of writing experience.
- I prefer M x F parings and would like to play the main F role.
- My posting length varies, but as a general rule of thumb I will give you 2 - 3 paragraphs per post (unless the plot requires more).

What I'm Looking For:
- Someone preferably 25+ but at the very least 21+.
- Who writes an average of 2 - 3 paragraphs per post.
- And who loves to plot.

Plots and Pairings:
- Archeologist x Mercenary:

In a world where alchemy is studied at universities, an archeology scholar (Main Female Role) discovers a lead on the elusive
"Philosopher's Stone," an artifact rumored to be able to turn base metals into gold and provide an elixir for eternal life. After some scrambling, she manages to secure funding for an expedition to a remote location to search for it. But there's a catch! The expedition's main donor will only provide funding on the condition that she also allow a mercenary (Main Male Role)(and possibly his team?) to accompany her researchers. She grudgingly agrees to this deal on the basis that her team will probably need protection out in the field. Little does she know, the mercenary has also been tasked with ensuring the philosopher's stone is delivered to donor at whatever cost. Will he fulfill his mission and betray the archeologist? What happens when the archeologist and the mercenary start to catch feelings?

- Witch x Witch-Hunter:

Time-old enemies are forced to work together. I don't really have a plot beyond this, so feel free to come to me with ideas. I am happy to brainstorm with you!

Last edited:
Could you give a bit more info on the world of the Archeologist × Mercenary plot? What sort of technology, is it an alternative Earth or an original world, etc.

Could you give a bit more info on the world of the Archeologist × Mercenary plot? What sort of technology, is it an alternative Earth or an original world, etc.

Of course, thank you for asking!

So I was picturing that plot being set in a modern world very similar to our own apart from (1) the fact that alchemy is a real science (obvs.), (2) that there are fringe groups that try to use alchemy to acquire forbidden knowledge and some (mild and very rare) powers, and (3) that some of the traps in the locations they will be exploring with the expedition will have a supernatural spin (there'll be tiles that measure the weight of your soul and spawn monsters should you be found wanting, etc).

Same tech, same weapons.

I was planning on keeping the geography the same as in our world too but an alternate geography is also possible. Does that answer your question? If not, I'm happy to elaborate on any point you're curious about.

Last edited:
Alright, so I'm picturing an adventure that's like a darker version of The Mummy (Brendan Fraser version)/Indiana Jones, or a less allegorical, more action-packed version of The Ninth Gate. I like the expedition angle. I like the dark occult stuff going on in the background, imagining we could draw on some Lovecraftian stuff with that in so far as the dark arts, dark magic, rich elites thirsting for more power than anyone should really hold, all that good stuff, but with the main focuses, of course, being on the relationship between this pair, and their relationships to the stone.

I could write your mercenary and, if we choose to have one, his team, but I can't guarantee 2-3 paragraphs per post, I prefer to just write what I feel is necessary, always striving to give something for my partner to directly respond to. I always find post length requirements to make RPs feel like a chore for me.

No hard feelings if that doesn't work for you!

Alright, so I'm picturing an adventure that's like a darker version of The Mummy (Brendan Fraser version)/Indiana Jones, or a less allegorical, more action-packed version of The Ninth Gate. I like the expedition angle. I like the dark occult stuff going on in the background, imagining we could draw on some Lovecraftian stuff with that in so far as the dark arts, dark magic, rich elites thirsting for more power than anyone should really hold, all that good stuff, but with the main focuses, of course, being on the relationship between this pair, and their relationships to the stone.

I could write your mercenary and, if we choose to have one, his team, but I can't guarantee 2-3 paragraphs per post, I prefer to just write what I feel is necessary, always striving to give something for my partner to directly respond to. I always find post length requirements to make RPs feel like a chore for me.

No hard feelings if that doesn't work for you!
Yes! A darker version of The Mummy/Indiana Jones and more action-packed version of The Ninth Gate is exactly what I was going for. With a splash of a less Mary-Sue Lara Croft and some Atlantis vibes. As for everything else you mentioned; yes. The answer is yes.

Regarding the posting length: that's also fine. Really all I'm looking for are posts that (A) move the story forward and/or give me something to reply to, and (B) provide sufficient description/introspection to make the world and the character feel real (3D vs 2D). In a dialogue, one line is not a sin and I'm completely fine with it. But during most scenes, it's too little for me to be able to connect to. That's my only qualm.

If that looks good to you, I'd love to figure something out! Do you want to take this to DMS?

P.S. Also ok if it doesn't work for you. No hard feelings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back