• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Should there be a main JoJo?

• Yes

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • No

Votes: 15 78.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Odiel was sitting in a chair, in the reception room of the hospital. The reception desk was currently unmanned, after Odiel had kindly informed the nervous receptionist that she was here to pick up Maximus. They had gone to collect the paperwork and Odiel was prepared to wait. As a clerk, she understood the importance of paperwork. Everything must be ordered and documented, because if a cranky officer wants to know what the hell happened here, a complete paper trail was a must.

From her seat, she could hear raised voices. A heated argument between a man and a woman. Possibly Maximus and a nurse but what was more likely was that it was two of the hospital's staff, and the argument was something to do with her, Max, the paperwork, or all three. Tutting out an improvised rhythm, Odiel glanced at the clock and then sighed.

They could deliver the paperwork to her while she was talking to Maximus. Odiel was a busy woman, and there was only so much waiting she could do before she decided to make the whole process more efficient. She got up, and headed into the back. It's not as if anybody would stop a Nazi soldier, who was there on business no less. Odiel decided to head to where the argument was raging, as even if that wasn't Max's voice, there were people, and they would be able to direct her to his ward.

Upon opening the door, Odiel was audience to a bizarre sight. A nurse and a man in a full gasmask suit were facing down a mannequin. Odiel stepped into the room. The red swastika band on her coat was very visible, and cleared her throat.

"Bonjour," she greeted in an appalling French accent, before switching to German. "What did I just walk into?"

Assailant Assailant Minako Minako Kloudy Kloudy

Last edited:
Maximus stared down the Stand, even as Odiel walked in. He couldn't afford to break eye contact. As the Stand kicked at him, he quickly pulled the IV stand down and grunted as the kicks landed against the metal frame, denting it heavily. He quickly jumped over the bed, separating himself from the woman to get a different angle on the Stand.

"Your complaints are noted, fraulein, but now is hardly the time."

From this angle, he could now more clearly see Odiel. He kept his eyes focused on Dead Dreams, looking at Odiel only out of his periphery. He switched to German too, accommodating both Odiel and his own preferences.

"You must be the debriefing. We'll have to continue this shortly. That creature is an enemy stand." Admittedly, he expected her to not know what that meant. However, he'd been running into a lot of stand users lately. It wouldn't surprise him, at this point. "If you don't know what that means, we need to stare at it. If our line of sight is broken, it will kill us."

Minako Minako Kloudy Kloudy Cyan Hide Cyan Hide

images (2) (1).jpeg
Well, that certainly went better he had expected. At least he has confirmation of who this man is. Liam stood up from the bench at the same time as William when he saw that he had a considerable limp. Liam thought back to the fight that William had been in with the Nazis, apparently it hadn't been as one sided as it seemed to be.

"Yes, I actually do have a hideout nearby, follow me."

Liam walked around the bench and back onto the street, not bothering to look and see how far behind William was. He was able to walk to the park to meet him so he should be able to walk a few more blocks to the subway station. Liam thought about William's and what they were going to do about it. It hadn't seemed that bad on the surface, but, looking behind him, he sas that he was dragging behind a considerable amount. Liam slowed his pace to match William's. The only way that William would have been able to beat the Nazis was if he put him in the hospital for at least a few days, so going to the hospital didn't seem like that good of a decision, especially if there was a chance that he could run into the Nazis again.

"So how bad is your injury? Because I won't have the right medical supplies to effectively treat it if it's bad."

The station had some medical supplies, but wasn't equipped enough to handle things like broken bones. It was more suited to be a Base of Operations than an impromptu hospital, though he'll do what he can.

After walking for a few minutes Liam stopped in front of what appeared to be an entrance that descends underground. Honestly, it really didn't seem like much more than a closed subway station.

"Well, we're here, though from now on, you're going to have to wear this blindfold. It's not that I dont trust, I just need to keep the the way there secret. No offense."

Liam said this as he was rummaging through his backpack. Liam was telling the truth, he did trust William, if not from watching him fight the Nazis, then from the official identification. Liam pulled out a dark black blindfold and gave it to William to wear. After he put it on, Liam guided William down to the subway station and on the way to his hideout, making multiple twists and turns, even turning around and backtracking so even if William had tried to memorize the way to the hideout, he wouldn't be able to find it himself. After a while, Liam stopped and told William to take off his blindfold. As he would, Liam would walk towards the first aid kit hanging on the wall.

William Hawthorne
4d0b5d60eafaedbca4717944d96eeb29.jpg

William followed behind Liam slowly, more slowly than he had been walking yesterday. All the fighting certainly hadn't helped his injury, nor the fact that it was his first time fighting an enemy stand. He would have to report this back to Britain soon. It was too much of an edge in the war to let it slide. It grit his teeth, favouring one side as he trudged on. His foot wasn't dragging, but it was definitely harder to put weight on that side. Eventually Liam slowed down to match his pace and enquire as to the extent of his wound.

"It's a bullet wound from a week ago. I think it's a .45 calibre, but it didn't go right through. I think it's still in there."

William grimaced again, the pain now suddenly spiking the more he thought about it. The adrenaline had served as a natural anaesthetic since, but now he was simply too tired. Coupled with splitting his attention between two places, the officer felt he could use a break.

"I used alcohol to clean it initially, but I think it might be infected. I'm no doctor, but I've heard bad stories about sepsis..."

The blindfold was a new development, but William wasn't entirely surprised. One didn't survive long as a fugitive in an occupied state without covering your tracks some. And should know, having been on the run himself for so long. While he appreciated the gesture, William decided to mention that he'd use |Dead Dreams| to scout out the extent of the station later. A minute or so would be enough, so he didn't bother trying to memorize the path in. As they reached their destination, the officer removed the blindfold and took a second to survey his surroundings. It was indeed as every bit an abandonned train station as he had expected, complete with makeshift renovations to make it somewhat habitable. This was an extreme stroke of luck for William as he would no longer have to duck from street to street every night avoiding patrols. A slight smile of relief quirked his mouth. Now they could take the fight to the Nazis, instead of being caught unprepared.

William struggled over to a nearby blanket on the floor and begrudgingly lowered himself onto it, lying down. His breath was irregular, his heart rate erratic. Pulling up his shirt and stripping off the makeshift bandaging he had tried to apply to himself, he inspected the wound. Nothing green or fuzzy, or however it worked, but he couldn't be certain if that was all he should look for. Luckily the bullet path had missed his vital organs, but the main problem presented itself with the bullet and the open entry wound. He could stitch it now, although not very skilfully, but would the metal fragments inside him pose further complications later? No, he needed something professional or... A stand.

"Do you have any anti-septic? Antibiotics as well, if possible."

William sighed, resting his head behind his hands. It was about time to call |Dead Dreams| back. It had learnt all he needed to know for now, and the situation was getting out of hand.

"Thanks, by the way. You saw my card, but allow me to introduce myself," he sat up to face the young man.

"William Hawthorne, British Intelligence. I was tasked with meeting you, Liam. We believe you could prove valuable to the Alliance in and against this occupation."

~~~
Back at the hospital, things were heating up. A second soldier had walked in and Maximus was on the other side of the room. It was time to move.

"D-Did I walk-walk in...?"

The statue stand's face didn't move, but it almost felt like it was grinning at the Nazis. Then came a clunk. The cabinet near the bed, which had been opened moments ago, revealed the next development of the situation. A military grade grenade. Live. During the blanket attack, |Dead Dreams| had used the opportunity to swipe one from Maximus' belt, pull the pin and place it in the cabinet. It would have been perfect to shut it's door too, but things were moving rapidly. Enough time had passed though. Raising a hand to the newcomer, the human mannequin waved in farewell just as the grenade exploded in the room. |Dead Dreams| could not withstand the shockwave of a grenade perforating it's body, but it could certainly outrun it now that it's ignition was blinding everyone in the room. Maximus would remain unharmed, but the nurse and other Nazi would not be so fortunate. Escaping through the now-broken window at Rank A speed, the stand retreated back to William, demanifesting on the way.

Assailant Assailant Minako Minako Bowl of Sad Bowl of Sad Cyan Hide Cyan Hide

It was a nice try, but Dead Dreams had forgotten something crucial. Maximus was immune to physical effects, yes, but that didn't mean that he solely remained unharmed. As luck had had it, the grenade was located right next to him. With a quick leap, he dove to the grenade and wrapped himself around it. A moment, and then... puff. The grenade exploded, the shockwave and shrapnel snuffed within his impenetrable wall of a stand. He tossed the shrapnel to the side and looked back towards the stand, only to find it gone. It seemed it had jumped out the window.

Keeping his eyes on the window, he backed over to his ally and the nurse.

"Pursuing it is a lost cause," He spoke in German to his comrade. "It has an intense advantage in open space. We would be sitting ducks." He glanced over to the nurse, now at his side. This time, he spoke in French.

"Are you alright? Did I fail to contain any shrapnel?"

Minako Minako Cyan Hide Cyan Hide

"Stand? Did you just say that thing's a Stand?" Odiel replied in genuine shock and surprise before her brain kicked in. Damn. Probably wasn't a good idea to talk about stands, or betray that she knows of their existence, in front of a civilian. Even Max might be suspicious of how an office clerk knows of such restricted information. Then again, right now it didn't matter if he was suspicious of her. She was here to bring him in. If he wasn't compliant, she'd have the upper hand in regards to authority. Still, for the moment she kept the stand in her sight as advised. She had no idea what it could do and Max very much did. In fact, this Stand might have bee what gave him such injuries, and why last night's report was so bizarre.

Odiel heard the dull thud in the cabinet, but no distractions. She kept her eyes on the stand as it waved to her. Then, the filing cabinet exploded at the same time Maximus used his body to shield herself and the nurse from the blast. Of course it wasn't quite enough to fully protect them. Still, Cornelia would see some shrapnel, and pieces of filing cabinet, fly towards her, stop dead in their tracks, and fall harmlessly to the floor as if they had been stopped by some kind of barrier.

This had distracted Odiel long enough to not have seen the enemy stand escape. That was foolish of her, yet smart for the stand. It must have retreated seeing the odds turn against it. Max spoke to her again as the dust and smoke was settling. Pursuing it would apparently be futile due to its advantages. From this, she also deduced that it was a ranged stand, as if it wasn't, the user would be nearby and easy to find.

Max was turning his attention to the nurse. Odiel was assured of the nurse's physical well-being but not of her mental condition. While Max was talking to her, Odiel went to the sink, picked up a cup, rinsed it out a few times, then filled it with water before offering it too Cornelia wordlessly. Her attention was focused on Max.

"Forgive me for making assumptions but am I right in saying that was the same Stand that gave you these injuries in the first place?"

Assailant Assailant Minako Minako Kloudy Kloudy

images (2) (1).jpeg

A bullet wound from a week ago? That seems to be much more dangerous than a broken bone or two, the chance of infection being much higher. Liam looked inside the first aid kit and didn't find anything like penicillian, only some things to clean the wound. Liam was no doctor or anything, but he had picked up a little from his mother from when he was treating patients, so he tried his best to inspect the wound itself.

"If you're asking for anything like painkillers, I dont have any. I can clean the wound and bandage it up as much as I can, but you are going to have to go to a hospital or something or risk getting it infected and having it amputated."

As Liam inspected the wound he heard something that surprised him. William said that he had been searching for him. It seemed that he must be a big deal overseas if they are sending British intelligence agents to contact him.

"I think you misunderstand my goals. I'm not seeking to help a rebellion or an uprising against the Nazis, though I do support the Alliance's goals, it doesn't concern me personally. I'm writing a newspaper instead of. I do this because I believe that the truth should be free, just look at the title. I don't want to be personally involved in anything like that as I don't want a target on my back."

This hasn't been the first time he has been asked to join the Alliance and his answer is still the same. Liam doesn't see a reason to join the Alliance and endanger himself when he can accomplish his own goals safely and carefully instead of being thrown into the war effort.
Kloudy Kloudy

Last edited:
Corneille wanted to shove him off of her, but not only did instinct NOT want her to lose her meat---

Well, Maximus's ability probably wasn't keeping him at a "meaty" consistency, if Corneille was honest with herself-- shield, but also she had no idea what the hell was going on, and before she could question anything else ANOTHER person came in, and it took all of about 2 second for the pony-tailed nurse to see the red-band around her arm with the swastika on it and know this was exactly one of his buddies that came in near record timing.

For absolute nailing of it being being Max's comrade, he began speaking to her... IN GERMAN.

"Son of a b****, there's another one... Well... If I make it through this alive, I'll have a major 'I told you so!' moment to Regine next I see her..." The nurse thought to herself, then nearly had a freaking heart attack when whatever the f*** was trying to kill this Nazi STOLE A DAMN GRENADE OFF OF THE NAZI'S BELT AND PROCEEDED TO THROW IT.

She wanted to shout.
She wanted to scream.

That crazy a****** wasn't just going to kill Max and his Nazi buddy, but Corny and FREAKING EVERYONE IN THIS HOSPITAL ABOVE AND BELOW THIS ROOM?!

WHAT THE ACTUAL *****?!?!??!

Then... To her utter shock...

Max jumped on it... And took the blast...

He jumped on it and took the blast...

Who are these people?! What are these 'stands'?!

At first Corneille thought they could only be good, and come to good people (like Rosie), then lucky a***** (like Max), now it can come to homicidal f****?!??! People that would DOWN A WHOLE HOSPITAL TO KILL ONE MAN?!

Oh god... What if this was the type of person Rosie went with? He WAS looking for her... But she JUST met him... What if he was like this "stand user", as Max called them???

Corneille couldn't believe she could add "get life saved by a Nazi" to her bucket list... This man was... different...

Right?

Corneille let herself slowly collapse in shock, and looked up at the woman speaking in German she didn't understand to Max while handing her a glass of water (she really did need that) and sipping it quietly and not unlike a trauma victim.

Had she made a mistake letting Rosie go? Would it have been better if she didn't sedate Max and let him interfere?

"Rosie would never go with people like that..." Corneille muttered quietly to herself, her mental state on a downward spiral in a hurry, "She would never agree to help monsters like that... If she's with them he kidnapped her by being tricked..."

Corneille never thought the Nazi's might be the lesser of two evils...

No... This was war...

They were obviously trying to kill Max... She was just an acceptable casualty...

And he was about to leave, too, once she gave him the address... What about when he's near Rosie? How long would their TALK be?

...And what if Rosie really IS a fugitive...?

Corneille was trying to be strong, but the truth is sometimes she could be very, very weak...

"Oh god they're going to torture her into healing others... One side or the other... Whoever gets the healer first..." She tries not to choke out a sob but does so anyway, shaking from her near death experience and having an unshakable feeling she got off light compared to what Rosie might go through being a target and having a stand... that does nothing to help her defend herself.

Assailant Assailant
Cyan Hide Cyan Hide

Ace slowly opened his eyes as he finally woke up, trying to get his foggy mind to remember how he fell asleep and what did he have to do today. He quickly stood up as clarity returned, and he realized he was running late. He changed clothes as fast as he could into what he thought was the cleanest suit he had, and then rushed through the hallway to the first floor.

As he ran, he quickly went over the events of last night, now back in his mind. Right after leaving the hospital and making his car disappear, Ace helped Rosie navigate through the night to avoid patrols and get to her apartment, where she would, as Ace asked her, get a change of clothes, pack everything she considered necessary, especially first-aid equipment, and finally, to get some, even if a little rest, after that, they would meet outside the hotel Ace was living in.

After leaving her, Ace would arrive at his room where he quickly thought about tomorrow's plans, much to his dismay, as it would ruin the thrill of the unknown he liked so much, however, he knew it was necessary, as she proved too much to handle, even for him. After giving it some thought, he rushed a letter, vague enough for unknown eyes, but concise and straight to the point if you knew what you were looking for. Once finished, he started emptying the place thoroughly with his ability, this was when he realized that the use of his ability combined with the need for sleep must’ve caused him to unconsciously fall asleep.

Ace finally left the hotel, located right in the center of the small town, and looked around for Rosie as he stepped outside.

Minako Minako

Rosieand-Keepcolorfinished.png
Rosie had done several things after leaving with Ace and being told what to do upon reaching her apartment (and it didn't really sink in it would essentially be her final time in there until she really began packing), which was to pack everything necessary and meet Ace at his (temporary) place after an attempt at a restful night.

It was hard for the small, bespectacled nurse to really get a good nights sleep, but she figured she had to try since they would probably get right to work as soon as she and Ace went off.

It was also a bit painful to think about not seeing her friends for a long time, but it was for their own safety.

Silently accepting her predicament with every item she deemed necessary and packed, she sighed to herself as Keep sadly looked at the photos in her apartment of her and Dr. Gerard.

"I know, Keep, I'll miss him too, a lot..." Rosie sympathized with her, but tried to push away her own feelings since there was no changing courses now.

A NAZI was there the last she left the hospital, after all... If that wasn't a clear indicator Ace was 100% right and Rosie should have left long ago, the smallest nurse didn't know what was.

"He looked normal and it surprised me..." She thought to herself as she packed some spare clothes and other small things that could be fit into a few bags, "I... I wonder if he'd dehumanized me the way I did his kind until I saw him? I wonder if seeing me might make us human in his eyes? Well... It's a bit pointless and silly to think about it and him... Hopefully, I'll never see him again..."

Strange... For a moment, thinking about never seeing that Nazi again made her... sad...? Like she wanted to be around him more...

He was also intriguing and for a moment Rosie almost felt drawn to him as well...

"Iro..." Keep began begging.

"Hm? Oh, Keep..." Rosie sighed, deciding to cave in to Keeps desires when she saw keep cling to a picture of them and Gerard and the little nurse had to throw her helpful companion a bone after such a heart-wrenching sight.

...And, it wasn't like, once upon a time, Rosie hadn't felt the same way for the Doctor as Keep does...

"Alright, what do you want to do?" She asked the gray-skinned entity that could heal.

"Iro iro iro! Iro! Iro ro ro! Iro!" Keep happily suggested, holding up a piece of paper and a pen, and lighting up like a Christmas tree upon her feelings being acknowledged.

"Haha... Alright, I guess a goodbye letter couldn't hurt..." Rosie agreed, smiling at Keep.

"Iro iro... Iro iro...? Iro ro ro?" Keep asked.

"A-ah... Well...I guess if he does find out I'm kind of a fugitive, I'd rather he at least find out from me than anyone else... Hear my side of the story..." Rosie shamefully mumbled as Keep placed a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"Iro iro, iro iro iro iro... Ro ro..." Keep back-pedaled a bit.

"Mm, no. It's fine. I... I want to leave him this as a last good-bye anyway... I may never see him again, after all..." The tiny nurse sighed while grabbing the pen and paper and began writing, reaching for a journal she once wrote in long ago under her bed.

It took a decent amount of time to write the letter to the good Doctor, and it wasn't exactly everything she wanted to express or say to him (she considered telling him of the unrequited love she once had for him long ago, but ultimately decided against it, as the past was in the past), but in the end both of them came up with a letter they could agree upon, and then promptly headed to bed with everything requested and deemed necessary packed.

Ace wouldn't have a hard time finding the once nurse, even in her dark blue and floral print civilian outfit! The little woman had been extra careful to wake up on time (she feared to think of what would happen to her if she didn't! Nazi's could be at her door any minute!) and was even a bit early meeting Ace at the hotel!

Well, only by a few minutes, but still!

"Oh! Ace!" The once nurse called out to him happily while running up to him like a small child who spotted their parent picking them up from Pre-School.

"Iro iro!" Keep Yourself Alive also waved and greeted her users benefactor with verve.

"I did what you asked!" She jollily reported while holding up some bags, "I packed all my necessities, just a few personal belongings, and my medical equipment!"

She then playfully winked at him while adding in a low voice (for fear the walls had ears), "Though, with Keep around, they'll hardly be necessary!"

"O-oh, uhm, I left a letter in an envelope for... uhm.. my... my doctor friend you met last night? It was just kinda a longer good-bye expressing everything I didn't have time to last night, nothing major..."
Rosie looked down at the ground while stating this (after a brief glance over at the very happy Keep Yourself Alive who was even happier after hearing about the doctor and making it painfully obvious who it was between the two of them who really wanted to write that letter), looking guilty as she was under-playing the letters contents a little, but hoping if Ace caught on (which was hard not to, as she looked like she just got caught breaking a priceless vase by accident) he wouldn't be too upset with her... And it wasn't like she even knew of anything crucial or endangering to tell Gerard, anyway.

Anything Gerard would get from her letter wasn't much more than what he learned last night, aside some demons from her past.

"I hope that's alright...? I don't think anything bad is in there... I put it in the outgoing mail compartment of the complex, s-so I don't think it should bother anyone you send to my apartment, or be read by anyone else but him..." The once nurse mutters, still looking guilty.

DJ UwU DJ UwU

Last edited:
Maximus nodded in response to Odiel, still keeping his eyes on the window.

"Yes. His user tried to corner me in an alleyway and steal my uniform at gunpoint. When I turned the tables on him, he summoned that and attacked me. On a street, alone, at night, it was miraculous I survived it. Truly divine providence. Although, come to think of it..."

He kept his eyes firmly planted on the window, although he couldn't help but sigh in frustration as the nurse broke down into tears. She was a stubborn one. That, or she was simply very bad at listening. In French, he spoke to her once again.

"I have already told you, if your friend is innocent then I won't do anything to her. That said, it's beginning to look bad for her. Either the user is seeking Rosalina, or he's defending her. A lot of signs are beginning to point to your friend being a terrorist. Not least of which is that the user of the creature that just attacked us matches the physical description of the man you gave me. If you wish to clear her name, if you truly believe that she's innocent, then finish telling me everything you know. Anything that could help."

As Maximus waited for the nurse to pull herself together, he tilted his head in Odiel's direction. Not enough to look away from the window but enough to make it clear that he was addressing her now. That, and the change to speaking in German didn't hurt.

"Apologies for not focusing conversation on you, I was in the middle of questioning her when I was attacked. Just to keep you in the know, it seems that that stand has the ability to move incredibly fast when you aren't looking at it. To such a degree that even blinking can be deadly."

Assailant Assailant Minako Minako

"So that's what happened," Odiel replied, looking more than a little unimpressed at Max's treatment of Corneille. "The case has completely stumped the Officers. There's actually some suspicion on you, which is why I'm here. I'm not just here to ask you some questions then leave you to carry on about your business. I was to bring you in if you were fit enough, which you clearly are. And you can tell what you just told me to them, though I'm not entirely sure they know what Stands are. But if you want to keep trying to grill a civilian who's clearly in shock until she breaks down and is no use to you, I'll wait."

Odiel wasn't fluent in French, but she knew a little. She picked up he word 'friend' a lot, along with the name Rosaline. Max was grilling this nurse about a friend of hers called Rosaline. If she was a nurse's friend, she was probably a nurse herself. Everyone leaves a paper trail. Odiel left the room, let herself into the reception office without asking permission and began looking for any label on a box or binder that said 'Personelle'. She eventually found it, and skimmed through the papers inside, until she round what she was looking for. Rosalina Chandra. 30 years old. It gave an address, but the previous addresses were all blank, as was the place of birth. This indicated she wasn't born here and had moved here sometime in the last ten or so years. It also indicated that the French were far too relaxed about the importance of correct and complete paperwork. After all, if they were hiding or protecting her, this file wouldn't be here.

Odiel returned to the patient's room where Max an Odiel were in, and handed Rosie's file to Max, before turning her attention to Corneille. "Do you speak any English?" she asked hopefully.

Corneille sort of -- Or rather, should have-- figured that this already trying and difficult day at work would end in the sh***** way possible.

She nearly got killed.
Her best friend is probably gone forever.
The Nazi now not only knows about her but will ACTIVELY hunt her down now... Possibly with a friend.
In trying to help her best friend by providing a description of the man she left with (who is now possibly her captor) the Nazi confirmed this more than likely hurt her case, not help...

She needed a drink and a smoke... And she wasn't even an alcoholic or a smoker!

Well... He did say if she was innocent he wouldn't hurt her...

But this Nazi himself doesn't believe Rosie is innocent is a problem... And secondly: Does the pony-tailed nurse really want him to leave Rosie alone now that she's mixed up in all this?

He could take a GRENADE BLAST.

Rosie can only heal...

She had to do something... She had to try...!

*******!!!

In her near mental breakdown she didn't realize the female one had left and came back (until she started speaking to her, that is) with... Oh God!!!

ROSIE'S FILE!

How could Corneille be so stupid!?

She was snapped out of it when she saw it and almost missed her question!

"Uh, I-I--" Corneille tried to answer, her mind unscrambling things and trying to process what should happen... when all it could focus on was Max's words of Rosies fate being in HER hands!

Oh god... He was going to track her down thinking she was a terrorist! Or at least a co-conspirator of one! He does that and he's obviously going to be looking for incriminating evidence instead anything that could save her!

No!

D**** it all to heck!

"O-only a little..." She replied to the nicer female Nazi, indeed in crude english.

Gerard was the more studious one, interested in being bilingual for foreign patients, and Rosie just had a natural aptitude for languages that led her to study them in her spare time... but Corneille only took the very few required foreign language courses in college and after that never touched them again!

Right now she wished she had, though! Rosie's life depends on it!

"I-- Look, listen!" She desperately tried to speak proper english to the female Nazi, "My friend went with a man last night. Your friend--"

She gestured at Max, "Thinks that man who took her is who tried to kill him last night and just now! But it's not! I know it's just not! And if it is he tricked her and kidnapped her!"

She was frantic and trying to say anything to at least get Max to not storm Rosie's house looking for a fugitive, but rather her possibly kidnapped friend.

She then directed her attention to Max, speaking in french frantically and placing her hand on the hand of his holding the files, "Listen to me: That guy who tried to kill you couldn't have been who Rosie went with! He was fine and unscathed! Heck, he was the one who brought in a gunshot victim, not the one hurt! It wouldn't make sense for him to stick around here uninjured! You must have banged up the other guy as well, right?! Surely he's hurt and seeking a healer... We just outed her to them and he must have been trying to get treatment or see if it was safe to with his stan-whatever but now wants her abilities as well from how you banged him up! Please... Please believe me! That guy-- Ace! I-I think his name is Ace! I'm sure Ro called him that! He saw us say good-bye... He knows how much we mean to each other... If he's the terrorist type to see that and still try to kill the best friend of his new healer then he tricked her and took her away under false pretenses... Which is kidnapping! He saw Rosie heal you and didn't protest or anything to his healer using her powers on a Nazi! He didn't want you dead, he just wanted her, I swear! Wh-when he heard you were here he was just as surprised! IF Ace banged you up, surely he should have gathered you'd be taken to this small towns only hospital, right!? In fact, he looked like he got lucky you arrived when trying to convince her to leave! He benefited more from your presence here because I'm pretty sure YOU were the final straw to push her to go with him!"

It was clear she wanted to cry, but she was actually doing a pretty good job of keeping herself together after her moment, mostly, if only so that this Nazi might take her words to heart.

"Here, lemme look at that really quick," She said in both french and then english for the female one, taking the file from Max a moment and nodding as if to confirm everything on it was true, pointing out where her old address was on the first document and going on in french for the male Nazi, "Yeah... That's the place... Sh-she lived alone, so the doctor had to co-sign her lease in order for her to live there... If you have any more questions or have trouble with her landlord, he's a little scummy, I can call Gerard to meet you there? Y-you remember him, right? Silver-haired, mid-thirties? He also saw that Ace guy, too!"

Corneille twiddled her thumbs a bit, looking thoughtful and hesitant, until finally she pleaded to Max and the female nazi officer (in french first and then broken-ish english, assuming that was what she preferred after her question), "Look, I know I'm biased, so you're probably not going to take my words too seriously, or Gerards, but believe me, I know her! It may have been only two years but she kinda wears her heart on her sleeve! Her, uh, "stand" or whatever it is you call it that dragged her into this horrible and unholy nightmare is the only secret she's ever kept from us, and only to protect us! Everything else she's at least told Gerard and I! She's NOT a terrorist, and if she IS in terrorist clutches it's because she's naive and was tricked! It's unknowing or against her will! Now whatever the f*** just tried to kill you is after her or has her... She's not A danger, she's IN danger! She needs help! Please... I wish I knew where she went, but I don't... She just said last night she was going to try to help others off the streets... Maybe try some secluded alleyways if you don't find clues at her apartment?"

Unfortunately all the stress, worry, and upcoming anxiety attack made Corneille forget anything else from last night she witnessed that might have been useful, but at this point she figured she should pass the baton to Gerard, who hadn't been traumatized, anyway...

"Oh god please... Please don't let it be too late... Please find her safe and not her corpse..." She muttered this in an even more broken combination of english and french.

She couldn't believe this... It was possible the Nazi's, or at least these two, were the lesser of two evils.. And she was practically entrusting her best friend to these people... One of them who sincerely thought she was a fugitive and was going to look for her with that mindset...

And Rosie was already terrified of Nazi's, so what was to happen when they find her and she has a near heart attack seeing them?

Assailant Assailant
Cyan Hide Cyan Hide

“Hey.” said Ace, returning the greeting to them, listening quietly as he let her talk.

He let out a sigh once she finished telling him all she did during the night. “ I suppose there’s no problem really… Well, if a soldier finds it, I’m pretty sure they won’t care about your privacy, even so, It might even work in our favor.”

“Anyway,”
Ace said, as he pulled a folded paper from the left inside of his suit, which he handed over to Rosie, “here, it’s a map, search for any place where you think there would be people with medical needs. Alleyways, a bridge, a… uh… I don’t know, just… Trust your gut, I guess. I’ll carry the bags, and you’ll be the guide, Boss.” He smiled, as he took the bags from Rosie, waiting for her to choose a destination.

The map, while it was made by professional hands, it wasn’t an official document, as it didn’t have any kind of approval or certification, however, it was very colorful, having distinct colors for places of interest, hideouts and even had private properties divided by wealth.

Minako Minako

Rosieand-Keepcolorfinished.png
"Thank you!" The small once nurse thanked her new benefactor when he took her bags.

She then nodded sadly as Ace pointed out that a lack of privacy might get her letter read by others aside Gerard (Though it sort of hurt her, she really did like Ace being straightforward and blunt with her), but then smiled as she took the map from Ace and looked it over carefully, taking in all the details.

"Oh wow! Neat!" She chirped, impressed with how thorough it was!

She almost wanted to ask where or who Ace got it from, but she figured it was best to stay on track. Besides, if all goes well, Rosie would probably meet this person and other people connected to Ace sooner or later!

"Hmmm," Rosie muttered while scanning and analyzing the map much more in detail this time at Ace's request, having a good idea where they should start already.

On the map she pointed to some alleyways, not too far from where they were now (but not exactly close, either, as the scale on the map told it was barely within walking distance), that seemed like they were either in or leading to the poorest areas of Locronan... At least, according to the colors, labels, and legend on it.

"Here should be a good start," Rosie began explaining matter-of-factly, "The poor don't have any money for hospitalization, so there should be plenty of people needing help, though... Keep isn't too good at healing the sick as she is the injured... However, She seems to be able to clear an infection from an injury despite not being able to get rid of illness or disease...! I did bring some medicines and supplies, so I should be able to help those with ailments without Keeps ability... "

Deciding on this destination, she looked up at Ace, starry-eyed and with determination, "All we have to do is go along these alleys and look for any homeless, since they should need medical attention the most! Oh, Animals, too! Any person hearing me sing, healing them specifically or not, should be able to start rumors anyway, after all! If we go slow and steady, so I can have time to rejuvenate from Keeps side-effects in-between heals, we should be good...! Plus, we can hide in alleys after really big heals force me to sleep!"

"Iro! Iro iro! Iro!" Keep chimed in cheerfully.

"Ooooh, I was wondering if your bandages were just for decoration or not...! Neat!" Rosie chirped, and turned to Ace to tell him, "And Keep can use her bandages to restrain and blindfold, if needed! That should help! Hmm, or should I have a hood or something to cover my face...?"

The small nurse took a moment to decide what was the best course of action when she heard Keep Yourself Alive happily pipe up, "Iro iro iro! Iro iro, iro iro roro!"

"Keep, that was a terrible pun..." Rosie facepalmed and sighed while shaking her head, giving Ace her attention now that her mind was made up and they all seemed ready to start, "Anyway! Yeah, those alleys seem like our best bet! Let's go!"

DJ UwU DJ UwU

Corneille sort of -- Or rather, should have-- figured that this already trying and difficult day at work would end in the sh***** way possible.

She nearly got killed.
Her best friend is probably gone forever.
The Nazi now not only knows about her but will ACTIVELY hunt her down now... Possibly with a friend.
In trying to help her best friend by providing a description of the man she left with (who is now possibly her captor) the Nazi confirmed this more than likely hurt her case, not help...

She needed a drink and a smoke... And she wasn't even an alcoholic or a smoker!

Well... He did say if she was innocent he wouldn't hurt her...

But this Nazi himself doesn't believe Rosie is innocent is a problem... And secondly: Does the pony-tailed nurse really want him to leave Rosie alone now that she's mixed up in all this?

He could take a GRENADE BLAST.

Rosie can only heal...

She had to do something... She had to try...!

*******!!!

In her near mental breakdown she didn't realize the female one had left and came back (until she started speaking to her, that is) with... Oh God!!!

ROSIE'S FILE!

How could Corneille be so stupid!?

She was snapped out of it when she saw it and almost missed her question!

"Uh, I-I--" Corneille tried to answer, her mind unscrambling things and trying to process what should happen... when all it could focus on was Max's words of Rosies fate being in HER hands!

Oh god... He was going to track her down thinking she was a terrorist! Or at least a co-conspirator of one! He does that and he's obviously going to be looking for incriminating evidence instead anything that could save her!

No!

D**** it all to heck!

"O-only a little..." She replied to the nicer female Nazi, indeed in crude english.

Gerard was the more studious one, interested in being bilingual for foreign patients, and Rosie just had a natural aptitude for languages that led her to study them in her spare time... but Corneille only took the very few required foreign language courses in college and after that never touched them again!

Right now she wished she had, though! Rosie's life depends on it!

"I-- Look, listen!" She desperately tried to speak proper english to the female Nazi, "My friend went with a man last night. Your friend--"

She gestured at Max, "Thinks that man who took her is who tried to kill him last night and just now! But it's not! I know it's just not! And if it is he tricked her and kidnapped her!"

She was frantic and trying to say anything to at least get Max to not storm Rosie's house looking for a fugitive, but rather her possibly kidnapped friend.

She then directed her attention to Max, speaking in french frantically and placing her hand on the hand of his holding the files, "Listen to me: That guy who tried to kill you couldn't have been who Rosie went with! He was fine and unscathed! Heck, he was the one who brought in a gunshot victim, not the one hurt! It wouldn't make sense for him to stick around here uninjured! You must have banged up the other guy as well, right?! Surely he's hurt and seeking a healer... We just outed her to them and he must have been trying to get treatment or see if it was safe to with his stan-whatever but now wants her abilities as well from how you banged him up! Please... Please believe me! That guy-- Ace! I-I think his name is Ace! I'm sure Ro called him that! He saw us say good-bye... He knows how much we mean to each other... If he's the terrorist type to see that and still try to kill the best friend of his new healer then he tricked her and took her away under false pretenses... Which is kidnapping! He saw Rosie heal you and didn't protest or anything to his healer using her powers on a Nazi! He didn't want you dead, he just wanted her, I swear! Wh-when he heard you were here he was just as surprised! IF Ace banged you up, surely he should have gathered you'd be taken to this small towns only hospital, right!? In fact, he looked like he got lucky you arrived when trying to convince her to leave! He benefited more from your presence here because I'm pretty sure YOU were the final straw to push her to go with him!"

It was clear she wanted to cry, but she was actually doing a pretty good job of keeping herself together after her moment, mostly, if only so that this Nazi might take her words to heart.

"Here, lemme look at that really quick," She said in both french and then english for the female one, taking the file from Max a moment and nodding as if to confirm everything on it was true, pointing out where her old address was on the first document and going on in french for the male Nazi, "Yeah... That's the place... Sh-she lived alone, so the doctor had to co-sign her lease in order for her to live there... If you have any more questions or have trouble with her landlord, he's a little scummy, I can call Gerard to meet you there? Y-you remember him, right? Silver-haired, mid-thirties? He also saw that Ace guy, too!"

Corneille twiddled her thumbs a bit, looking thoughtful and hesitant, until finally she pleaded to Max and the female nazi officer (in french first and then broken-ish english, assuming that was what she preferred after her question), "Look, I know I'm biased, so you're probably not going to take my words too seriously, or Gerards, but believe me, I know her! It may have been only two years but she kinda wears her heart on her sleeve! Her, uh, "stand" or whatever it is you call it that dragged her into this horrible and unholy nightmare is the only secret she's ever kept from us, and only to protect us! Everything else she's at least told Gerard and I! She's NOT a terrorist, and if she IS in terrorist clutches it's because she's naive and was tricked! It's unknowing or against her will! Now whatever the f*** just tried to kill you is after her or has her... She's not A danger, she's IN danger! She needs help! Please... I wish I knew where she went, but I don't... She just said last night she was going to try to help others off the streets... Maybe try some secluded alleyways if you don't find clues at her apartment?"

Unfortunately all the stress, worry, and upcoming anxiety attack made Corneille forget anything else from last night she witnessed that might have been useful, but at this point she figured she should pass the baton to Gerard, who hadn't been traumatized, anyway...

"Oh god please... Please don't let it be too late... Please find her safe and not her corpse..." She muttered this in an even more broken combination of english and french.

She couldn't believe this... It was possible the Nazi's, or at least these two, were the lesser of two evils.. And she was practically entrusting her best friend to these people... One of them who sincerely thought she was a fugitive and was going to look for her with that mindset...

And Rosie was already terrified of Nazi's, so what was to happen when they find her and she has a near heart attack seeing them?

Assailant Assailant
Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
Maximus sighed and, seeing that the woman was genuine, placed his hand on her shoulder. He formed his words for a moment, speaking once more in French to her.

"I believe that you believe what you are saying. Unfortunately, I have been through this song and dance before. Trying times bring out a different side of people, a side many, even they, may not know they had. I cannot take you at your word, genuine though it may be. That said... my word is my law. If she is truly innocent, I will protect her. I can guarantee you that. If she is being manipulated or threatened, she will be rescued. That... is the path God has chosen for me."

With that, he looked at the file and quickly memorized Rosalina's address. He had no doubt that she would no longer be there, but perhaps it could grant them some idea as to where she went. After skimming over the page once or twice more, double checking to make sure there was nothing that he'd missed (although it would be hard, with how little there was on the page), he turned to Odiel and returned to his native German tongue.

"I understand that I am required for questioning, and if that takes priority I will come with you. However: I feel that finding a potential fugitive would be a more prudent prioritization, do you not? My very life could be at stake, never mind that of our comrades stationed around the city."

Odiel listened to everything the poor nurse said in her hysteria, or at least all that she could understand. It did make sense that whoever this man was who had taken Rosie last night wouldn't be the same person as the user of the stand that had just attacked them. For one, there wouldn't have been much time for the fight that had hospitalized Max and somebody escorting Rosie away from the hospital to have happened separately as patrols were increased and the curfew was in operation shortly after the former. In fact Rosie must have left around dusk, very soon after Max was brought in, if she and her friend weren't caught.

Odiel put her had softly on Corneille's shoulder. "You've been through a traumatic incident, and you're hysterical. You should probably take the rest of the day off. That's not any kind of order, just my advice. If working will make you feel better, by all means. I'm sorry that you had to get put through that. Whoever attacked us will be caught and punished, I assure you."

She stood up and turned to Max, and sighed before replying in German. "I agree, and I also want this Rosie girl to be safe if I can help it. I feel like I owe it to this nurse for the distress we've caused her. So we'll search her apartment but be assured that I'm not letting you out of my sight during our search. I'm not going to return to the office without you and that's a promise."

Maximus nodded to Odiel. "That is fair. Once we've either neutralized the threat, or determined that there isn't one, I will go with you. In the meantime, don't let your guard get too low. Our enemy possesses Stands: whether or not Rosalina is the enemy, we know that the inselaffe possesses one."

He made his way to the door, being sure not to leave until Odiel began to follow. As he did, he turned to face the nurse. Once more, he spoke in French. "Thank you for your assistance. It has been very appreciated. Do not fret: no harm will come to you. You can proceed with business as usual. I apologize for the trouble."

Corneille, trying to keep her composure and sanity, nodded at both of the Nazis that (normally kill others) ended up saving her life...

It was a very odd reality to accept.

She sort of had to accept the male Nazi's point of view, and couldn't do anything else... If she did, she could incriminate Rosie even further.

"I'm not really a religious person, and I don't think Rosie is, either... But... Thanks... Both of you... I think..." She muttered dejectedly as they began to walk away, repeating the thank you in English for the female Nazi.

"I'll call Gerard, so he can meet you there... Just in case her scumbag landlord tries to give you guys grief he can put that guy in his place without causing a stir like you guys might, Gerard has that effect on those types, you know? I'll let him know that he can trust you guys as well..." Corneille gave the male Nazi a heads up, figuring lending a helping hand to the man who saved her was the least she could do.

"Please keep her safe... She's a healer, not a fighter..." Corneille bid the both of them good-bye as they left.

Assailant Assailant
Cyan Hide Cyan Hide

"You don't need to worry about me," Odiel replied, before he got a brief flash of an unnaturally shaped large white figure behind her with solid, glowing purple eyes behind the clerk. It was only there for long enough for him to see it, before it was gone again. It was most definitely a Stand. Odiel's Stand. She gave him the hint of a smirk before directing her attention to Cornielle.

"That might be a good idea," the Nazi replied in English. "I don't know who he is but any assistance will be welcome. Au revoir."

And with that, Odiel left the room and made sure that Max followed before she proceeded to leave the hospital.

---

Odiel's jeep stopped outside the desired address. She took another look at Rosie's file just to make sure. "Yes, this is the place," she confirmed, before cutting the engine and stepping out. She didn't know what this 'Gerard' looked like so for the moment just rapped on the apartment's front door.

William Hawthorne
4d0b5d60eafaedbca4717944d96eeb29.jpg

William stopped what he was doing and frowned at Liam, clearly disappointed in his response. Neutrality? Who was this, Mr. Swiss? The man shook his head and recovered his wound, wincing as he tried to get back up and struggled.

"Then you are no different to the soldiers patrolling the streets."

He stumbled and grabbed onto a nearby railing, knocking over some rubble in the process. Despite his laboured breath, he seemed adamant in leaving, unwilling to commit anymore time there. This glorified reporter had the potential to change things in Locronan and really strike a blow against the Nazi occupation. Stupid or selfish, William could decide which one the man was afflicted by, but he suspected it could be both. He turned back with anger contorting his normally collected features.

"It doesn't concern you? You don't want a target on your back?" He spat on the floor in Liam's direction.

"This is a mass international genocide, Liam. Millions have died and will continue to die. The truth has been revealed, the world is already at war with itself,"
he stabbed a finger at Liam.

"Your job has been done. If you refuse to save others with the resources you have, you may as well be murdering them yourself."

William paused for a moment, catching his breath. If the topic hadn't been so morbid, he would have been slightly embarrassed at his uncharacteristic outburst in losing his cool. Still, he felt entirely just and right. He was sent by Britain and by extension Her Majesty herself. Liam hadn't seen what he had. Liam hadn't seen what William had seen in Maximus' past. War was generally a pointless endeavour, but the Nazis had to be stopped. There was no room for neutrality in a world of war. William collected his composure.

"You are not the only reason for why I am here. You are either with me, or against me. And if you are the latter..."

The officer drew his gun from his waist and aimed it at Liam for moment, before reversing the grip so as to offer him the gun.

"Then you should shoot me now. While I am weak."

Bowl of Sad Bowl of Sad

While Odiel tried to enter the door, Maximus did some investigating. His first immediate reaction was to check Rosalina's mail. It's possible that it would contain some hints as to the identity of the person that she left with, or even perhaps where they were going. A quick look through her mail told him that he'd have no such luck. Currently, the mail within was all outgoing, and it contained only three notes. Quickly opening them up, he anticipated finding either some communications with the terrorists or more mundane affairs like bill payments and notices. What he found was neither of these, but instead something more interesting: a letter and two torn out pages from what appeared to be a diary or journal. They were written in French, and Maximus found himself once again thankful that he was fluent in the language.

He quickly read over the top page in the stack: the aforementioned note.

Letterto-Gerard.png

"Hmmmm..." He hummed quietly in thought as he read it a second time. This Gerard was probably the same one that the nurse had assigned to meet them here. So these were for him then? Could he be in league with them? Or... no, tone down the paranoia. It makes perfect sense that, terrorist or innocent, she'd want to explain herself to a loved one when the situation demanded upending her life. No need to suspect anyone even tangentially related.

She must care about this Gerard fellow a lot, then. Of course, that was just about the least important info he'd gotten out of it. Judging from context clues, Keep appeared to be the name of her stand. It was a humanoid type judging by the drawing, and what's more: it appeared to have its own personality and consciousness. Maximus's Fields of Verdun couldn't be further from that, really. It seemed that Keep had the ability to heal... but then, that was pretty obvious. Maximus still wasn't sure that was ALL it could do, but he found himself feeling at least a little reassured.

Satisfied with his findings from the note, Maximus slid that paper to the back of the stack and read the journal entry that followed.

Letterto-Gerard2.png

So its name was "Keep Yourself Alive?" "Keep" must just be a shortened nickname, then. Once again, she mentioned Keep's healing ability, although this journal entry added that it caused her to go to sleep? Was that a secondary ability, or was it a shortcoming of her primary ability? She also mentioned Keep "changing." Keep truly seemed to be a unique Stand unlike any he'd met before.

However, the pieces were starting to come together. Rosalina was not merely a nurse: she was a medic. That explained her fear of them. She served on the front lines in the battle against his country and must have fled to avoid injury or imprisonment. She was a fugitive, then. Fully and truly.

Once again content after his fourth time reading through, he flipped to the final page, upon which his eyes narrowed intensely. The page was short. There were very few words written on there. It said all it needed too, though.

Letterto-Gerard3.png

There was little to remark about this. Not much nuance, nor many clues. It said all it needed to.

Maximus stared at it somberly for a few moments before putting it to the back of the pile and gently folding the notes up, placing them into his jacket pocket. He would be meeting Gerard here shortly: he would simply hand him the notes. No reason to wait for the mail system to work it out. He gently fingered the cross resting under his undershirt before moving back to meet up with Odiel, who, by now, had surely made her way into the apartment.

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide Minako Minako

The door to the apartment opened and the sandy-blond haired Doctor poked his head out, a sort of look of acceptance and expectancy gracing his face. He even almost nodded to himself.

"Right, I was wondering when you'd show up here," He greeted them in french, looking at the female one and adding, "I see you've brought a friend."

He opened the door and welcomed the Nazis to Rosie's apartment.

"Please, come in... I know I don't exactly own this place, as I've never actually paid rent for it, but my signature is on the lease and I have a spare key... That and, obviously Rosie isn't going to come back here, so..." He hesitantly mumbled while motioning for them to come inside.

The apartment was rather small, and while the decor was inviting and feminine... A careful eye could see it was actually a rather dinky place. Some of the walls were cracked (though some framed photos and paintings were carefully placed to try to hide part of them) and the tiny kitchens faucet, while not leaky, was old-looking and didn't appear sturdy at all.

It had several nice aromas wafting from it, as the small dinner table had fresh carnations in a vase on it and the shelves and small coffee table in front of her sofa had candles as well as small-ish framed photographs adorning them.

"Er, make yourselves at home while you search around, I suppose... She left most of her bigger food items here, poor thing... You can help yourselves, It would be a shame for her groceries to go to waste. I think she'd want these eaten as well, they don't look too old," He noted, opening up her cabinets and getting out three glasses while jerking his head towards the kitchen counter that had a glass-covered plate which contained chocolate chip cookies.

He opened her fridge to find: Milk, Apple juice, a carton of eggs, a stick of butter, an opened jar of strawberry jam, and some tomatoes in a bag.

"She, uh... Never did have a mature palate..." He nearly chuckled to himself as he explained while scratching his head, grabbing the milk and putting it next to the cups on the kitchen counter.

He exhaled deeply, and figured it was best to just rip the band-aid off of this. He had been friendly and inviting as much as he could.

"Look, Corneille told me you saved her life, and one good turn deserves another, so I do fully intend on helping you... But a lot of what else she told me just sounds unbelievable... Like you somehow being impenetrable, apparently that being your own version of Rosie's ability...? They stand up or something? Something stand? I just need to know if I'm giving the keys to the kingdom to some sort of knight in shining armor or if I'm basically telling an iron-clad dragon how to get to my friend to kill her... One I have no problem helping, while the other I'm a bit more hesitant about... I'm sure you understand?" Gerard just straight forwardly asked, then repeating his question and concerns in perfect English as he then briefly turned his attention to the female Nazi, remembering Corneille mentioning his study of foreign languages, specifically English, would help him communicate with her.

Gerard was never really one to believe in fairy tales or other such make-believe nonsense... But last night he had just seen his friend heal someone instantly, make a gunshot wound a bad cut, and had seen her abilities for the past two years unbeknownst to him, so really he was kinda up for believing anything at this point.

Assailant Assailant
Cyan Hide Cyan Hide

Last edited:
"Bonjour" Odiel greeted in a thick German accent, quickly going silent which betrayed that she didn't speak French. Gerard continued to talk in French so Odiel decided to let Max do the talking and hope he wouldn't mess it up. Odiel watched Gerard gesture to the open fridge and cupboards and set two glasses aside, with milk. This was something she didn't need French to understand. She smiled and nodded.

"Danke," she replied instinctively, before tutting at herself and shaking her head. "I mean, merci." Odiel then began to take the invitation to make herself at home at face value, walking past Gerard and pouring three glasses of milk, before taking the eggs out of the fridge and looking back to Max. "Gekochtes ei?" she asked. Boiled eggs. Odiel hadn't had breakfast yet and she assumed Max hadn't either. She'd also make one for Gerard too. It was the polite thing to do.

As Gerard talked first to Max in French she filled a pan with water and set it to boil. Then he repeated himself in English and Odiel turned and listened. She had been filled in by Max on the jeep ride over here so she now at least knew that Rosie's stand had healed Max. If she had a Stand that could heal, she was invaluable. She was the single most important person in this town. Granted, Odiel wouldn't be pleased at her Stand being used to heal allied soldiers, but civilians? Most definitely.

"Gerard," Odiel replied in English. "I understand your concerns. I'm personally committed to seeing she's alive and safe. She left with somebody last night. I don't know who they are but if they were Resistance she may be coerced into joining or otherwise put in danger, and the picture in my head of this 'Rosie' so far isn't of someone who'd be happy with that kind of life. If she can heal others, she is far too valuable to die in these times when so many people need healing, and definitely far too valuable to kill. Now, would you like a boiled egg?"

Minako Minako Assailant Assailant

At the offer from Odiel, Maximus suddenly realized that he had not eaten either last night or this morning. His work had kept him busy enough to not notice, but at a prompting, he became acutely aware of how painfully hungry he was. A boiled egg alone was not going to fill him, but at the very least it was something to chew on until their work was completed.

"Ja, bitte und danke" he replied to the woman and approached Gerard. He eyed the man up and down briefly, simply making sure that he wasn't planning anything. Not that he suspected he would, but a simple lookover wouldn't hurt. Once it, rather quickly, became apparent that the man was safe, he pulled out the three sheets of paper and placed them on the table directly in front of Gerard, sliding them towards him.

"Your concerns are justified," he spoke to the man, once again reverting to French to reassure him, "But unnecessary. Neither of us intend to harm Rosie unless she is a threat. Admittedly, the more I learn about her, the more that seems unlikely. One can never be too careful, however. As my comrade just mentioned, we do suspect her to be involved with a man who tried to kill me last night. Whether she is doing this knowingly or being coerced: that is what we intend to find out. However, I assure you: if she is as innocent as you all have made her out to be, then you have nothing to fear. I will simply thank her for healing me and that will be the end of that."

He stepped away from the table and began looking around the room they were currently in, seeing if he could find any sort of paper that could have communications on it. Notepads, mail, anything. He gave Gerard time to read the notes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back