• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Kobe Nathan Wade

One Thousand Club
Some time ago in the region of Johto, a corporation by the name of Kabu essentially annexed all of the area's infrastructure and exports. This gave them control over the region's economy almost entirely. They quickly set about turning the nation's leadership, the Gym Leaders and Pokemon League, over to their cause using any means necessary. Sometimes it was as simple as paying them, but many of the leaders were honorable and simply eliminated discreetly and replaced. With the right amount of patience, resources, and support, it was a relatively smooth and discreet process. They have every member of the elite four, and the Champion, in their pockets. Only a handful of people in the entire region know of the corporations plans to take control of the land entirely, and even fewer are willing to do anything about it.

One such person was the Electric Type Leader Chance Bridgerton. A naturalized citizen of Johto with a wealthy parentage hailing from the Galar Region. After challenging the region's Pokemon League, and putting on a strong show of devotion and power in the region's tournament, he was nominated to be Ecruteak City's gym leader. It was in this position of power he was made aware of Kabu Corp's history and agenda. He made up a plan to overthrow the situation before it could completely take hold using a Guerilla task force constructed by strong trainers in the Johto Region, seemingly at random so as not to draw suspicion. Kabu Corp's resources are great, however, and they were able to discern his plan before it could be put into motion. They abducted the Electric Swordsman and now his companions seek to recover him before something horrible happens so that they may finish what he started.

Jackie, the Rougish Dark Type and Cinder, a FIerce Fire Type Battler head to Violet City. There is a Kabu Corp bunker beneath the Gym there they hope to find to be Chance's prison. This information was gleaned from a steel type Kabu Operative whom they defeated and interrogated interrupting his poaching operation, which was being overseen by Morgan Valetti, the Water Type Elite Four Member.

The Operative also let them know about a similar poaching operation going on in the Safari Zone near Cianwood City. Ryuko, a Dragon Type Trainer belonging to a Ninja Clan from Kanto, goes to investigate with Sherry, an Ice Type trainer with a cryptic past.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello one and all pokemon fans. My name is Kobe, and I've been running a pokemon roleplay for a little bit now. It has six members, being myself, my five players, one of which I've recently dubbed a moderator. His name is Twist Twist . For a moment there, it looked like we were full, but we recently had two dropouts and I'm looking to replace them. I wouldn't like to go over this cap, but I could be convinced to add a third if I get one too many interesting characters eager to join. There are quite a few things that function differently than other Pokemon Roleplay here, so let me clarify before we begin:

This roleplay is HIGHLY centered around combat and pokemon battles, much like the games we all know and love. In terms of referencing the anime, this role play is more violent and has a far more serious plot, as I'm hoping I successfully caught you up to speed on above. Not only will your Pokemon partake in battles and receive realistic wounds within them, your CHARACTER has a typing as well, and will be fighting right alongside them. I haven't killed any player characters except for a few who have dropped out via inactivity, but enemies drop like flies. Heads exploding, holes through the middle, that sort of thing. If this bothers you, consider turning back now. For a more in depth backstory to the universe, see here

This isn't required reading, but will explain the canon a bit better. It's the original interest check.

I handle my inactivity rules loosely. There is a two day period from the last relevant post to you until you are counted inactive. This means if I or another player, post something interacting with your character on 1/1/21 you have until midnight on 1/3/21 to either post in reply, or pop into the PM with a message saying you'll need another two days to post. If two more days pass, and you say yet again life has gotten the better of you, that's just fine. I'll probably scoop up your character in a plot net and you can regain control of them when you return, but after about a week with no word as to where you've went and they'll likely be forgotten. The key here is communication, and if I get no communication, I will be treating your character as if you left the room and forgot to press pause on the videogame during a boss battle. Ya get me?

If all that seems interesting to you, please fill out a character sheet here:

Name:
Type:
Description:
Personality:
Backstory: (You have eight badges as a trainer, or are a gym leader. This can be a recent development or one in your far past. Both classes would have also trained at a gym as an adolescent.)
Special Training: (Did your character train against flying types every day, even though they're a fighting type, to lessen the effect of super effective attacks? Do you have insanely high defense from all the rock types you've fought? This is where we can push the boundaries of classic pokemon mechanics.)
Abilities: (Three from any Pokemon of your same type.)
Moves: (max, ten. You may change their effect slightly to fit your character and theme. Moves will also be treated as "equal" in usefulness. Tackle could literally knock your opponent down and end up with you sitting on top of them.)
Items: (No holds barred on weapons, whatever your character brings into battle. Bonus points if your weapon corresponds with your move set. I wanna see a laser canon that gets more powerful when you use solar beam.)

Pokemon Team: (Add spoilers here for each new pokemon)

Keep in mind, it may be some time before our current mission/s opens up to your character being able to join. I can't give you a timeline, but it would be no longer than a week. If it seems like I've left things vague, it's because I want this to be as much of a sandbox as possible within what I've already laid out. Spots in the roleplay will only be reserved by posting a character sheet in this thread, and that sheet recieves a like from me.

Last edited:
Also just FYI even though there is a Dark/ Ice/ Dragon/ Fire type character that does not mean there cannot be another.

Here's a completed Cs example as well to help those interested

View attachment 830063

Name: Chance Bridgerton
Type: Electric
Description: Chance is tall and broad, with a sturdy frame and weight about him. He first trained at the fighting type gym as a lad, and thus has the look of a warrior about him from the neck down. From the neck up, he looks unassuming and friendly, with a kind smile, soft glimmering blue eyes, and light curly short brown hair.

Personality: Chance is casual and quiet in most situations, as happy to make polite conversation with a stranger on an elevator as not. He can be thoughtful, but often not about menial things in life. He would sooner spend an entire afternoon seeing how many swings it takes with a brick to chop down a medium sized tree, than do his laundry. He might then write a comprehensive paper on the things he contemplated and meditated on during this cerebral exercise, and forget he has to be at the gym to battle a challenger that day.

He is devoted to the things he loves, but can sometimes be too devoted all the same. It is this hyper focus which he carries with him into battle, soaking up every detail of an attack to respond appropriately, or strike precisely. In this way the airheaded gym leader can be intense and precise, for like lightning in a storm it may strike spiratically, but where it hits it devastates.

Backstory:
Chance's father was a business tycoon in the Galar region, and on a whim one day decided to take the family to the Johto Region on vacation. They toured the region in it's entirety, as well as visiting a few towns just on the other side of Mt. Silver in the Kanto Region. The alien culture was a fantasy land setting for Chance's young mind, and he fell in love with it's every legend and detail. What Bridgerton Senior did not expect, however, was the power difference in the average trainer in the Johto Region versus himself. Their gym leaders were mythically unbeatable, and even their students could beat the adult trainer nine times out of ten. Now, Chance Bridgerton, the father, was rather well respected in his own region's Pokemon league; having once been champion before moving onto matters of finance. As such this gap in power interested him to say the least.

Chance Bridgerton Sr. having almost closed his affairs at this point in his life anyways, set into an early retirement. He challenged the Johto Pokemon League, an affair which usually takes six or seven years depending on the challenger these days. By the time he had reached the final tournament, his son had grown up under his nose. Taking up study at the fighting type gym during his father's pokemon journey, he trained nearly as hard as his namesake every day. That made seeing his idol lose in the semi finals of the first tournament that much more devastating. Chance urged his father to train harder, and come back even more fearsome the next year. The veteran trainer laughed and ruffled his son's hair.

"That's easy for you to say, big guy. You're young. I'm proud of the eight badges I have, I don't need to be champion." And with that he officially retired, successful and happy. He even made preparations to move back to his home region. On Chance Jr's eighteenth birthday, in fact. The young man refused to board the boat, however.

"Johto is my home, Dad. I've lived here longer than I've ever even set foot on Galan ground. I've no business going anywhere else." He was rather successful in his run at the league, as well as making it into the finals of the championship. He was defeated by the current champion whom has since held the title for five years. The man who was, in fact, the previous electric type gym leader in Ecruteak city. He named Chance as his successor upon being crowned champion, to some amount of protest given the city's historical significance. It did have the bell tower within it's walls after all.

"Don't be ridiculous," Chimed the champion, James Zappa. "Ho-oh hasn't roosted at the top of the tower in centuries, and the title of Gym Leader belongs to anyone who loves the Johto Region, and is strong enough to protect it. This young man fits that description." A now twenty Two year old Chance still remembers that speach to this day, having devoted his entire existence these past four years to fulfilling the shoes of his predecessor. He has seemingly won over any opposing voices from his start, especially after sitting out four consecutive tournaments for the sake of building the success of the Electric Gym. He is still widely considered one of the strongest gym leaders despite this. This year, however, he intends to break that silent tradition in an astounding way.

Special Training: Chance trained diligently at the fighting type gym and while he feels the most akin to that type besides his own, one cannot choose their fate. A gym leader must match their gym type, and thus he has honed the same skills he learned back then to his electric typing. This grants him much higher physical attack and defense than most other trainers, even amongst gym leaders of bulkier types like rock. Since mastering his electric typing, however, his special attack has grown astoundingly as well. His special defense is his Achilles heal, unfortunately. A couple of shots and he will be limited in the power of his moves.
Abilities:
Electric Surge - When Chance steps onto the battlefield, a faint electric current spreads over the ground. This carries his steps quicker, and boosts electric-type attacks within the area.
Static - The natural electric aura of Chance can paralyze a foe he comes into contact with directly for a short amount of time. (one post.) This is not a sure shot, and will only take effect every three physical attacks.
Intimidate - Chance's intimidating presence makes him hard to fight aggressively against, making physical attacks less effective.
Moves:
Charge - Does no effect to an enemy, but charges electric particles to be used in a future electric type attack. This requires a single turn to charge but ensures the next hit is much more powerful.

Charge Beam - A beam which requires Chance to stand still holding his sword out towards his target. It fires straight, with indefinite range until it is stopped by a solid object and grounded. Dangerous if it strikes, but it leaves the swordsman wide open. Cannot be used without his sword.

Bolt Strike - A move which allows Chance to take a single step, and aided by the power of electricity he jumps straight forward incredibly quickly to slash or otherwise attack his opponent. It is often too hard to dodge except for the most evasive of opponents.

Plasma Fists - A move Chance uses mostly when he loses his swords. His fists crackle with electricity and deliver jolts equivalent to a taser to his opponents with every punch or grab. Must make contact to work.

Magnetic Flux - Allows Chance to project a magnetic force field which repels any metal objects away from Chance. Happens in a moment, and would not be effective against a barrage of some sort, or something extremely heavy like a Steelyx.

Fusion Bolt - A move which fuses with an ally's attack to make it stronger. Chance often uses it perfectly in tandem with his pokemon.

Rising Voltage - A move which uses a lot of stamina, but briefly increases Chance's speed. The effect can be stacked for an added adverse effect later.

Volt Switch - A move which switches the places of Chance and one of his Pokemon.

Thunder Punch - A move which gathers the power of a lightning bolt in one's fist. This does more damage if Plasma Fists are already active. Can be coupled with charge for even more effect.

Thunder Cage - A move which must be set as a trap and once activated forms a cage of lightning around a foe, which will hold them in place for a turn unless destroyed by a strong move.

Items: Steel single edged long sword. It is strong and conducts electricity well, and Chance practices with it every day.
Thick Kimono - Thick clothing which protects from blunt force but does not do much when cut once.
Pokemon Team:
View attachment 831422
Name: Amp
Type: Electric
Species: Boltund
Backstory: First befriending this pokemon as a child, Amp was a yamper pup of his father's own Boltund, which is how this electric type pokemon from Galar ended up in Johto. Having trained at the fighting type gym with Chance, it also has very high defense and attack.
Moves:
Wild Charge - Amp charges the foes with an aura of electricity which zaps anyone within a foot of him, also doing physical damage if hit head on. This takes a lot of energy out of Amp

Crunch - A bite with Amp's strong jaws which can break bone and cripple enemies

Nuzzle - Paralyzes the target with a gentle pass. Must make contact, does no damage.

Electrify - Turns a targets move into an electric type before it lands.
View attachment 832228
Nickname: Wattson
Species: Galvantula
Backstory: Wattson was the first pokemon Chance caught when he was made the electric type gym. The electric type gym has it's own nursery devoted to electric types from foreign lands. As such, Galvantula was bred to actually have a very high special defense as well as regular defense, making him an outlier in Chance's team. He is lacking in both attack and special attack, however.
Personality: Wattson acts more like a puppy most days than a spider, and is very high energy. It is very hard for him to sit still, except when ordered to do so by Chance.
Moveset:
String Shot: A web shooting ability which allows Wattson to swing from ceilings or trees, grapple, wrap up opponents, and create parachutes for falling from great heights. It is very sticky.

Giga Impact: A physical attack with massive force. Basically a super tackle. The user must recharge for one turn afterwards

Poison Sting: A flurry of poisonous needles exit Galvantula's mouth, which will poison the target on contact.

Electro Ball: A ball of electrical energy of very high voltage. It can be fired at very high speeds and is about the size of an exercise ball, or three feet across.
Ability: Compound eyes.
View attachment 832772
Nickname: Kaminari
Species: Raichu
Backstory: Kaminari was also an early edition to Chance's gym team, and the leader named after the thunder god for good reason. Even as a Pichu the young pokemon seemed to have the urge to battle right out of the egg. Possessing a balanced special defense and defense, as well as a high special attack the pokemon leveled up quickly able to take on pokemon above it's level from the time it was a Pikachu. These attributes carried over effectively into it's Raichu stage well, cementing it's spot on Chance's official team for the league competition.
Personality: Competitive and energetic, though prefers to rely on it's speed and agility in battle and conserve energy.
Moveset:
Double Team - Raichu raises it's evasiveness by creating afterimages of itself to throw off opponents. Up to three can exist and if the right one is hit the illusion ends.
Thunder - A single powerful bolt of lightning erupts from Kaminari, the closer the more likely it is to hit. A loud crack of thunder follows immediately after disorienting opponents.
Swift - Throwing stars made of electricity track their opponent, but don't do much damage. They can only be blocked, not dodged. They have no effect electrically, and feel solid.
Draining Kiss - A gentle kiss which heals Kaminari and damages the opponent.
Ability:
Nickname: Ohm
Species: Zikavolt
Backstory: Zikavolt was one of the first pokemon Chance ever bred. He has well balanced stats all around, but is of course immensely fast due to it's species.
Personality: Ohm is hard to read, being a bug type, but vaguely positive and protective of Chance to a fault.
Moveset:
Flash Canon - A blinding flash of light which disorients foes. Allies must look away to be unaffected.
Electro Ball - A floating ball of electricity about twice as large as a basketball.
Iron Defense - Sharply raises the users' physical defense.
Substitute - The user creates an obvious fake of themselves to take damage for them for one attack
Ability: Levitate

Last edited:
Bumping, for those who missed it due to the site going down. Need one more person for adventures, stopping evil and saving the world :P:coolshades:

Just another bump before our missions in the RP really get underway. Still definitely looking for one more player but anyone can post their interest here or tag Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade for more info.

The Pilot The Pilot Thanks for the interest and we'd love to have you on board :hearteyes:. There should be a link to the main RP above (First post) if you want to see how the combat/RPing goes and if it's up your street there should be other links from there (I'll attach some here anyway for you).

The main RP's the first one, CS's second. If you need any help/ questions tag me or Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade and we'll do our best to help you ;).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back