• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Johto League x Type Rising (Open)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Ryumaru, Ryuko
The Strange Dragon Girl
Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade saniachan saniachan

Ryuko chuckled when Camille said she'd be going on her gym challenge after the tournament ended.
"Perhaps I can train you when that day comes. Consider it my gift to you."
Ryuko watched Camille turn her head as Ryuko did the same to see another girl approach them.

Hearing the new person's name, and hearing about what she accomplished, Ryuko smiled and introduced herself.
"Nice to meet you Cherry. My name is Ryumaru Ryuko. You have really beutiful eyes."

Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27

"Ryumaru Ryuko, eh?" Cherry muttered. That name sounded like a Japanese name, much like her old name. Heck, she used to introduce herself as Yukimura Kaede instead of Kaede Yukimura, hence her familiarity to the Japanese name format: surname first, given name last.

And then Cherry's cheeks went rosy as Ryuko commented on her light blue eyes. "Oh my, really?" she gasped in awe. To be fair though, Sherry was born with such eyes to begin with. Nor did she make a fuss about it even after her makeover.

As soon as she calmed herself, Sherry basically stated a fun fact: "I may not look like it, but I'm actually an ice-type." While she was often mistaken as fire-type, some people also mistook her as either fighting-type or even steel-type. "How about you?"

Last edited:
Chance's eyes widened, as the Dragonite made an all out blitz into the ceiling. Well, Pokemon like trainer it is. Chance did not have the best footing, or the ability to simply stick himself to the ceiling like one of his pokemon. As such he could only advance downward in some fashion. He pushed off, jumping diagonally so that the approaching Dragonite didn't completely flatten him into the rafters. It's jaws, and thus the hyperbeam, did strike most of his leg. A searing burning sensation, as well as a concussive force which sent him twisting through the air. It was Jarring, but before he left counter range he had to attack. Coupled with the charge from the previous round, a ring of electrical energy shot from his hand and sliced through Chirashi just as he collided with the ceiling. Of course it did not physically cut him, but between the voltage from this Volt Switch attack and the force it generated it would definitely leave quite a scratch on the dragons mostly untouched health.

Then, Chance would glow. Down below, Kaminari was right beneath them now. Kaminari jumped into the air just as Chance turned into a ball of electrical energy. Kaminari then did the same, and the two balls of energy spanned the length of the Gym, trading places. Then, Kaminari emerged with the same momentum he had built up with his jump. The Raichu then made to hug the Dragon's foot, while it was still above it from the attack which had blasted a hole in the ceiling at this point. Kaminari then activated it's move: Draining Kiss. The fairy type move would do extra damage to the dragon type pokemon, as well as restoring Kaminari to full health if it hit. Down on the ground Chance was catching his breath. "Phew, I'm in the red after that for sure!" He mumbled more to himself than the crowd, whom were far away from where he was in the center of the battlefield.

Camille blushed right along with Cherry when Ryuko complimented the ice type and inquired. She silently turned back towards the glass to view the fight. She noticed Doragon, down for the count some ways away from Chance who was just catching his breath. Chirashi and Kaminari were still in combat at the top of the stadium, but she charged straight down the stairs and onto the field.

"Chance Bridgerton! What is wrong with you you hotheaded simpleton!" She called after him. He flinched at her words just as if someone were striking him with a powerful move. He turned around with a guilty smile to greet his class president, and called after his pokemon.

"Kaminari!" He called strongly. "That's enough now!" Kaminari stopped it's sweet kiss, and limply let itself fall to the ground. Whether Chirashi pursued or not, he paid no attention. He trotted up to his trainer and nuzzled his leg. "Chirashi! I ask you to end this exhibition in a draw. Your trainer is out, and I'm nearly beaten as well. You and Kaminari have done well to fight by our sides, even if we got a little carried away." Said Chance, bowing first to the pokemon and then going to Doragon's side. Camille had already lifted his head on her lap and poured into his mouth a tincture made with Revival Herb. He should be feeling in tip top shape as if nothing happened. To Chance she tossed a berry with an indignant,

"Go address your guests, Gym Leader. Your challenger is here as well." Chance could nearly feel the static from her glare before she looked away back to Doragon, ensuring he was alright before she could leave him. The leader did as he was told, returning Kaminari to his pokeball and hustling up the stares, munching on his Oran Berry to regain a bit of energy to show to the crowd. Some of the people in attendance cheered, mostly Chance's students, and others stayed silent at his arrival. Some even stayed pressed against the glass to make sure Leader Doragon was alright.

"Everyone! That will conclude the exhibition matches for this evening. I hope everyone sticks around as long as there's cake! You're all welcome!" Then Chance turned to Cherry, whom was closest. "Cherry, follow me. I need to gather Lucas and Jackie as well. And, ah..." Chance scanned the crowd. There were three gigantic pokemon, a few scragglers around the snack table, Lucas, Jackie, Jackie's Scrafty, Jackie's Cinccino, where was that challenger Camille mentioned? Then Chance spotted her, right next to him and Cherry nestled amongst a Beartic, Charizard, and a Tyranitar which dwarfed her so much that he had missed her when he first scanned the room. Despite his surprised expression he attempted to greet the girl immediately. "Hello! Are you Ryumaru Ryuko?" said Chance with an almost-perfect Johto Accent. "I'm Chance bridgerton, Ecruteak City Gym Leader. As you can see, I was preengaged when you showed up. Give me a bit to catch my breath, and we'll be able to conduct your gym challenge properly. I've got a bit of business to attend to with some of the others here who will be participating in the Pokemon League Tournament this fall. I'd be happy to invite you along, if you earn your badge this afternoon that is." Chance said with a wink. He then nodded his head for Sherry to follow. He approached Jackie and Lucas, whom were gathered by the stairwell. He looked at the black belts who were still loitering about. One of them looked as if he was about to say something, and Chance spoke up first. "Would you all mind giving us some room? I'm going to speak with Lucas and Jackie here." The martial artists looked incredulous. As if the Leader wanting to speak with a ruffian and somebody no one here recognized over some prestigious trainers such as themselves. After a moment chance bobbed his head for them to 'get along' and they reluctantly walked right out the front door as a pack.

"You three impressed me this afternoon. When Doragon comes too I'm going to tell him to join you all for a bit of special training out in the wilds off route 42. There's a mountain there known as Mt. Mortar. There are strong pokemon in the cave system which spans to it's peak. I'd like you three to go ahead of me, to the east out of Ecruteak and find the cave's first entrance. I'm sure you'll be able to handle the wild pokemon on the first level. Wait until I join you to enter the second cave once you reach the first clearing, however. I'm about to give Ms. Ryumaru here her final Gym Challenge. If she passes, she'll be joining us as well! I'm planning a race to the top, so no cheating!" Said Chance with a wide smile, practically giving away all his surprises he had planned right off the bat. He couldn't help himself sometimes, he was like a kid declaring the rules of a game he made up. He awaited their responses before he broke from them to talk to Ryuko about their match.

Samevi Samevi Twist Twist saniachan saniachan Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27

Lucas Skye
What'd I Miss?
Mentions/Interactions: Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade (Chance) | saniachan saniachan (Cherry) | Twist Twist (Jackie) | Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 (Ryuko)
Lucas had watched the battle closely, without so much as a word, tuning out the world around him. However, noticing the ferocity and rashness both sides seemed to be fighting with, forgoing the usual strategies and improvising their own on the fly which although impressive were a bit predictable nonetheless, he sighed and shook his head. "Boys'll be boys." He said, turning for the stairwell and leaning against it. Ah, but who was here except Jackie? He was sure they were probably not happy with him after that battle, so he just chuckled nervously and pretended he did not see. Come to think of it, where did that black belt from earlier go?

Taking a glance around, he spotted a new arrival -- she seemed around Cherry's age, if Lucas had to guess. Could she be a challenger here? She definitely looked around that skill level... No, wait. Her skill far surpassed that. She could probably take on the Elite Four on even ground at this point. Her aura seemed intimidating, making Lucas hesitant to so much as attempt an approach at this point. With another sigh, he breathed a few words to himself "Is everyone here just crazy strong, or am I getting weaker by the second...?"

A few moments afterward, the battle had ended, and Chance had arrived near Lucas and Jackie. He mentioned something about special training... On Route 42? That's just a small walk from here... "Well," Lucas replied. "Couldn't hurt." Scratching the back of his head, a smile crept onto his face. Swampert's excitement was his own as the Pokeball moved once more. Perhaps this would be the new step to kick them into high gear! "Good luck on your fight, Chance." He said, waving as they headed over to that new girl.

Jackie Hyde

Interactions: Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade (Chance), Samevi Samevi (Lucas) , saniachan saniachan (Cherry),
Mentions: Funnier President Funnier President (Doragon)​

"And down goes the dragon" muttered Jackie "More like fish" as Doragon's unconscious body flopped to the ground, amidst the meteor storm he had called as his final coup de grace.

Super powerful geezer but way too sloppy Jackie thought Just the kind of opponent I like.

"Everyone! That will conclude the exhibition matches for this evening. I hope everyone sticks around as long as there's cake! You're all welcome!"

Watching Camille tend to the Blackthorn battler Jackie quickly rose up from his seat and began to head over towards the pair, a devious glint in his eye. He had been down in the dumps moments ago and Doragon seemed to be the perfect pick me up for the spiky haired scrapper, well once he had picked himself up off the ground of course. Deftly dodging the glares of the Blackbelts, Jackie was quickly blocked by the watt producing winner of the exhibition match Chance. "Would you all mind giving us some room? I'm going to speak with Lucas and Jackie here."

Jackie peered over the gym leaders shoulder eager to have it out with Doragon but the man was still slowly coming to and the Electric Type before him was only in slightly better nick. So it looked like he would have to bide his time, let the guy's recharge. Hopefully Chance would be like his Raichu and get more feisty and aggressive once he's charged. "Yeah! Move along you walking rice cakes, your blocking all the cake!" Jackie shouted, eager to get rid of the Fighting Types who had crowded round the buffet tables.

Jackie checked out the selection of cakes as Chance spoke, grabbing a Rage Candy Bar for his Cinncino who carefully unwrapped the packet as to not cover herself in crumbs. The packaged candy was one of her favourites for that very reason. "You three impressed me this afternoon. When Doragon comes too I'm going to tell him to join you all for a bit of special training out in the wilds off route 42. There's a mountain there known as Mt. Mortar. There are strong pokemon in the cave system which spans to it's peak. I'd like you three to go ahead of me, to the east out of Ecruteak and find the cave's first entrance. I'm sure you'll be able to handle the wild pokemon on the first level. Wait until I join you to enter the second cave once you reach the first clearing, however. I'm about to give Ms. Ryumaru here her final Gym Challenge. If she passes, she'll be joining us as well! I'm planning a race to the top, so no cheating!"

Jackie had decided on Shalour Sable's for himself, eyeing the cookies greedily "A race huh? Is that part of your special training? Though I'm curious as to why you think we need it? You got some big plan in the works?" questioned the hungry Hyde.

He passed Chance a bag of
Pewter Crunchies, before munching away at the Shalour Sables, thinking the rice crackers a good choice for the kid like Kimono wearer though the Rock type city treat was an almost unconscious jab at the Electric type.

Ryumaru Ryuko
The Strange Dragon Girl
saniachan saniachan Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade Samevi Samevi

Ryuko smiled when Cherry told her what type she was.
"That explains your pretty face then."
Ryuko replied, before telling her what type she was herself.
"I am a Dragon."

When the battle between gym leaders ended, Ryuko watched Cherry tend to the injured, before being called out by name from Chance.

"Hello! Are you Ryumaru Ryuko?" said Chance with an almost-perfect Johto Accent. "I'm Chance bridgerton, Ecruteak City Gym Leader. As you can see, I was preengaged when you showed up. Give me a bit to catch my breath, and we'll be able to conduct your gym challenge properly. I've got a bit of business to attend to with some of the others here who will be participating in the Pokemon League Tournament this fall. I'd be happy to invite you along, if you earn your badge this afternoon that is." Chance said with a wink.

Ryuko nodded when he asked if she was Ryumaru Ryuko, before replying to his invitation.
"If is a strong word, but I'm not gonna go down easily."
Tyranitar, Charizard, and Bertie let out a battle cry of agreement, as she looked to Cherry.
"Perhaps you'd like to watch?"

Moments later, Chance approached, as Ryumaru did the same.
She noticed someone running off as he wished chance good luck, and was that fear on his face, masked by a closed eye smile?

Chance gave a friendly wave to Lucas as he walked away from the two trainers. The leader first grabbed the offered snacks from Jackie as he turned, and over his shoulder he said:

“Tell you what, make it to the clearing at the end of cave one first, and I’ll tell you straight away. Otherwise you’ll have to wait until we all reach the top.” He said, popping a Pewter Crunchies (TM) in his mouth. This one was far too clever for his own good, Chance decided. He was already onto the game before they started playing. Chance was also far too friendly to take any offense to the type of snack he was offered, and didn’t notice the dig on his typing. Returning his attention to Ryuko once more, whom was talking to Cherry still, he became a tad more business like. “You’re welcome to stay, of course, Cherry, and come train with us after. Ryuko, if you’d join me? Sherry will have to wait up here if she stays until our match is concluded.” He then continued down the stairs, assuming she was following. When he reached the other end of the gym, where he had been for Doragon’s fight minutes before. The Dragon type leader in question had been moved up to the private box and laid on one of the couches. “I apologize, but I’m a bit out of breath and so is Kaminari. You have just those three Pokémon with you, correct? We’ll have to conduct your test strangely. The first round will be between only our Pokémon. After the first KO, we will both be allowed to fight beside our team, no matter who scores it. I’ll also only be using three partners myself. Sound good? And for my first Pokémon I’ll be using,” Chance tossed a nest ball out from the folds of his Kimono, which fluttered at the movement. Out of it lept a Boltund, whom panted and sat obediently without being told. “good boy, Amp. Are you up for a scrap?” Amp barked once without looking back at his master. He instead seemed to be eyeing up the three massive Pokémon behind Ryuko, wondering which would be his opponent.

Twist Twist saniachan saniachan Samevi Samevi Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27

Meanwhile, any trainers who walked out of the building and down the street to Route 42 would see a long straight path, with a dark woods off to the left. Through the brush a ways was the ominous mouth of the first cave on Mt. Morter. From the outside, no terrain or movement could be seen. The fluttering of many wings and the scraping of massive rock types, however, was prevalent throughout the air. High above the heads of any onlookers, was a cliff on which another cave could be seen. It was much too high to safely climb to for even the most daring and experienced free climber. That must be the first goal Chance mentioned.

Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade Samevi Samevi Twist Twist

Dang. Eyes really are the window to the soul, for her light blue eyes were the only clue of Cherry's actual type. For those who are not attentive, the wrong type assumptions tend to be unavoidable. Yeah.

About Ryuko's type... dragon, right? She clearly would've been at home in Dragnor. But seeing her ninja-like vibe (?), Ryuko might as well pass as a Dragnor resident who got some ninja training in Viperia.

And then Chance came in. Seems like he was done with his match vs Doragon. He got Lucas and the Scrafty trainer from before (whom Cherry heard Chance call Jackie... right?) alongside Cherry herself, then gave out his proposal:
"You three impressed me this afternoon. When Doragon comes too I'm going to tell him to join you all for a bit of special training out in the wilds off route 42. There's a mountain there known as Mt. Mortar. There are strong pokemon in the cave system which spans to it's peak. I'd like you three to go ahead of me, to the east out of Ecruteak and find the cave's first entrance. I'm sure you'll be able to handle the wild pokemon on the first level. Wait until I join you to enter the second cave once you reach the first clearing, however. I'm about to give Ms. Ryumaru here her final Gym Challenge. If she passes, she'll be joining us as well! I'm planning a race to the top, so no cheating!"
“You’re welcome to stay, of course, Cherry, and come train with us after. Ryuko, if you’d join me? Sherry will have to wait up here if she stays until our match is concluded.”

So basically Cherry had two options:
  • Get some training at Route 42 on the way to Mt. Mortar with Lucas and Jackie, or
  • Watch the battle between Chance and Ryuko, thus missing out the training session.
"Well..." Sherry thought for a moment. "Sorry, gotta pass on your battle," she waved her hand, apologizing to both Chance and Ryuko. Sherry then grabbed a Rage Candy Bar or two and went off, but not without saying, "Good luck, you two~" With that, Sherry made a detour to the Pokemart. She wanted to stock up on her healing stuffs before going to Route 42.

Last edited:
Ryumaru Ryuko
The Strange Dragon Girl

Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade saniachan saniachan

"Thanks. Good luck to you as well."
Ryuko said to Cherry as the other girl left.
"I hope we cross paths again."

After Cherry left, Ryuko got into the arena, her pokemon following close behind as Chance explained what their battle will be like.
After hearing the rules set up, Ryuko smiled.
"Sounds like a plan. Tyranitar, you're up first!"
Tyranitar jumped forward and landed in front of his trainer, staring down at Amp, the Bolthund.
"The best way to score a victory is getting the first hit in! Tyranitar, use Fire Punch!"
Tyranitar kicked off the ground and charged at the smaller opponent, as his right hand caught on fire.​

“Electrify!” Ordered Chance. Amp stood up on all four paws, stayed where he was, and a small white spark jumped from his head to the fist of Tyranitar before it struck the electric type. Briefly, the attack looked less like a Flame Punch and more like a Thunder Punch. It still hit Amp with considerable strength, but due to it’s sudden electric typing the Gym Leader’s loyal hound seemed relatively okay. Then, on the punch’s follow through, Amp made to clamp onto the Tyranitar’s leg using it’s dark type move Crunch. Due to Tyranitar’s bulky nature, the move wouldn’t do a ton of damage coming from the relatively small-jawed Boltund. What it would do, however, was attach the two Pokémon and serve to immobilize the dragon type a bit by damaging it’s leg.

Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27

“Hello! Welcome!” Said the shopkeeper whom had previously been stocking shelves with medicinal herbs and jars of homemade preserves. The shop looked old, and rustic in a charming way. It was decorated and arranged in the traditional Ecruteak way with exposed wood shelves and dark tile floors. The Shopkeeper was old, and clearly a native from the way he dressed and spoke. “It’s nice to see a new face. You must be a trainer, Chance told me he was throwing a get together, or something. But judging by all the racket I’d say things got rowdy like they always do! Heheh. Can I help you with anything in particular?”

saniachan saniachan

Ryumaru Ryuko
The Strange Dragon Girl
Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade

Tyranitar got bit on the leg, as he stumbled back. To the rock type, it felt as painful as a pinch, but this was due to it's rock hard body.
With Bolthund in close range, Tyranitar opened his mouth as air flew in.
He then shot out a huge beam at Bolthund, the resulting impact kicking up dust.

"That was Tyranitar's Hyper Beam!"
Ryuko declared excitedly as she was feeling the battle heat up.​

This shop in particular looked old, yeah, but that's exactly the charm. Cherry took a moment to take in the sight before coming closer to the shopkeeper.

“It’s nice to see a new face. You must be a trainer, Chance told me he was throwing a get together, or something. But judging by all the racket I’d say things got rowdy like they always do! Heheh," he rambled on, to which Cherry responded by rubbing the back of her head. "I- yeah. That sure was quite a party, yeah," she offhandedly commented.

Anyway, back to the business on hand, Cherry asked the shopkeeper, "Do you have some medicines here?"

Tyranitar was a rather plainly intelligent Pokémon, it seemed. Going for a beam attack at close range to a grappled opponent. It was simply logical. It’s move likely went just as it planned, aside from the beam becoming bright yellow and erupting with electricity upon contact with Amp. Chance grimaced along with the Pokémon when it was engulfed by the energy attack. The dog-like Pokémon shook it’s head and hastily disengaged from it’s giant counterpart.

Amp began plodding around Tyranitar now, sizing it up. It seemed this was the first time it’s little strategy of clamping on and being hard to shake off had gone wrong. Chance seemed to have a slightly worried expression, and rushed to give his Pokémon some guidance.

“Bide your time, Amp, all you need to do is slow him down a bit!” Amp seemed to respond positively, continuing to circle the large rock type.

“Well, we don’t have any of those fancy potions they carry in the cities, but we have plenty of medicinal herbs on hand. Let’s see, I’ve got a few powders, those will heal a little bit of HP. The tinctures are more powerful, they’ll heal one of your Pokémon all the way up! And then we have some revival herbs as well, three of them to be exact. Kind of pricey those things. Here you are,” said the man, while digging underneath his main counter. He pulled out a wooden milk crate with glass bottles of all of the items he listed. “We supply the poke center here, so we only sell the overstock in the shop. What would you like?”

(You can afford, three powders, one tincture, and one revival herb. OR two tinctures and two herbs. Or any fair trade of equal value, ya dig? saniachan saniachan )

Jackie Hyde
Interactions: Open
Mentions: Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade (Chance)​

“Tell you what, make it to the clearing at the end of cave one first, and I’ll tell you straight away. Otherwise you’ll have to wait until we all reach the top.” The gym leader was definitely an electric type, disappearing as quickly as he appeared much like a lightning bolt leaving Jackie to ponder what he just said.

Jackie didn't really care for the idea of a race or even training, as the disinterested Dark type already knew he was more than a match for anyone. He did have eight gym badges after all....

But training did lead to sparring which of course became fighting and Jackie was always up for a fight. And if all the training made him the better for it... well then who was he to complain. He would leave that to his opponents. So what the heck!

Good thing he had his running shoes on as he would have to be quick but first he would need supplies, eyeing up the tables next to him devilishly. Nothing was safe on the tables as the hoarding Hyde grabbed everything and anything he could. Everything from Berry Juice to Sweet Hearts was crammed into the deep pockets of his massive coat. And all the while his Cinccino's looked on in horror as crumbs and powder rained down on the beautiful jacket, doing her best to stem the tide of moreish morsels with her incredible speed.

Taking a page out of Chance's book Jackie quickly bolted, jumping down the stairs and quickly out the door, the sounds of battle raging behind him and his Cinccinno nestled in his pockets, still busy in her self proclaimed duty.

Ryumaru Ryuko
The Strange Dragon Girl

Tyranitar let out a puff of smoke after the Hyper Beam was fired, as he turned around, following the Bolthund's running pattern while standing in place. Ryuko was thinking in her mind, anticipating Amp and his trainer's next move.
Getting behind us? Guess it's time for our secret weapon....
"Tyranitar, Use Earthquake!"

Tyranitar jumped up into the air before landing and slamming his fist into the ground, creating a shockwave followed by the ground around him breaking up and rising into jagged points, aiming to hit the running target through the moves AOE capabilities.

Amp's usual strategy was always to electrify the moves coming at him so that they did less damage. As he was already in motion to attack the Tyranitar, however, he could not react quite like he would have liked. The earthquake hit him, shrapnel and rubble flying into his body with great force. One could see on his face this di a ton of damage, but the extra training he had done with Chance paid off in his durability. Still, he pushed through, if not a little worse for ware. When he had finally made it all the way to Tyranitar, he used his move Nuzzle. This would paralyze his target for the next turn, preventing attack or evasion if it hit successfully.

( Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 I'm not sure if you caught this part in the rules, but things like Paralysis or sleep will be one-turn effects as opposed to being left to a dice roll whether or not you're effected each turn. So if I wanted to paralyze you for two turns, I'd have to use nuzzle twice, which I won't do because that'd be lame but as an example lol.)

Ryumaru Ryuko
The Strange Dragon Girl

"Tyranitar, use Thunder Punch to counter!"
Tyranitar brought his fist up as it crackled with electricity, before throwing it at Amp's face, colliding with the Nuzzle.
Sparks of electricity discharged from the collision as Ryuko threw an upper cut at an invisible target as she called out her next order.
"Now with your free hand, use Fire Punch!"

The othe unoccupied hand caught on fire before Tyranitar threw its flaming fist at the Bolthund, directed towards it's chest.

"Hmm..." Cherry had a good look at the offered items. Kind of pricey as the shopkeeper told her, yeah, but medicinal herbs looked promising as well.

"Three powders, one tincture, one revival herb," she finally decided on those things. Not much, but should be enough for the upcoming trip. "How much are those?"

Jackie Hyde
Interactions: Open
Mentions:​

Jackie sped through the streets of Ecruteak City his coat billowing behind him, almost like a cape as he ran, his incredible speed making him look like a superhero off to an emergency or maybe more fittingly, a supervillain on the run from the law. But the only rules he obeyed were his own and they were telling him to get to Mt Mortar first. Even with all the extra items he was carrying and the bustling of his Cinccino all over him, it was an easy task, though he did slow down when he passed through the Guard House as to not arouse suspicion, the rude ruffian having a minor reputation with some of the guards.

Passing through the tall grass of Route 42, Jackie could just see Mt Mortar in the distance through the thick trees and kept up the pace. Feet away from the mouth of the mountain, the hasty Hyde almost went crashing over a strange bush, skidding to a halt before it. Tempted to kick the white clad weed, the tempestuous trainer raised his foot only to catch sight of his Cinccino pointing hurriedly from the inside of his pocket toward the ground.

Taking a step back, Jackie actually looked before he leapt for once and noticed the yellow balled branch popping out from beneath the shrub, realising it was the tail of a Pokemon. Quickly deducing he was staring at a Mareep, the divinely dressed Dark type actually took a minute to admire the woolly coat of the sleeping Pokemon which struck him as looking much like his own fabulous fur coat. Reaching out to touch it, the humbled Hyde was quickly shocked by the static stuffing of the Wool Pokémon, jerking his hand back in response.

Rather than anger the spiky haired scrapper almost laughed. Haaaa! Cheeky sod. Your just my type you little devil!

Retreating backwards carefully as to not rouse the sleeping sheep Jackie readied two poke balls, a Quick Ball and a Dream Ball, and with a technique that would make him a boss of a Passimian troop, he threw.....

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
We’ll, she certainly knows her stuff. Did she plan to have thunder punch in Tyranitar’s move set before she got here? It is a TM after all... Thought Chance to himself, watching the battle unfold in the Dragon trainer’s favor. Maybe he shouldn’t have underestimated her, throwing out Amp as his first Pokémon instead of Kaminari. He had no time to order Amp to do much of anything that would help, so he simply gave him some encouragement.

“You’ve done your job well, Amp! Hit him with everything you’ve got!” The fire punch struck Amp hard, nearly knocking him out. The dog stumbled a bit, clearly in the red of his HP. Then, snapping back into action, a couple of steps out him on course to slamming into Tyranitar’s chest with everything he had. The body slam (the action, not the move) would be increased in power by the move Wild Charge. Amp’s entire body was covered in electricity powered by every bit of it’s stamina it had left. At close quarters after the punch, it was unlikely it could be dodged by such a bulky target. Whether it succeeded or not, however, the backlash from the attack would KO the Hound.

Ryumaru Ryuko
The strange Dragon Girl

Tyranitar stumbled back from the hit, as Ryuko thought in her head, out of surprise from Amp's attempt to deal damage.
Going down with style. Not bad.

Ryuko called to her pokemon, "Great job Tyranitar! Come back and get some rest! Bertie, You are up next!"

Tyranitar gave a thumbs up and walked to the side of the arena before sitting down, as Bertie the Beartic took the stage.
Ryuko smiled with confidence as she talked to Chance.
"Your Bolthund went down fighting, and I honor that greatly! What will your next pokemon be?"
Ryuko has not entered the battlefield yet. Perhaps she's saving herself for when Charizard heads out to fight?​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back