• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Johto League x Type Rising OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade Do you have to follow a set type team list? Or does you character have to be in the same vein as your team? Cus I have a rather unique idea for a character based around an ability who may or may not have dark moves.
So if you're a gym leader you have to follow the gym type for both your team and your character, though that can be whatever type you want. As a trainer your pokemoncan be any from any region, and of any type, as well as your trainer's type being of your choosing no guidelines. Your trainer, however, can only use moves of their type. The pokemoncan have canon movesets.

i was going to give my poison-type trainer the Neutralizing Gas ability, which nullifies all abilities (both user and opponent) while it's in use. is that alright? i figure it could create some interesting interactions!

I think I should have Cherry (my character) train in a steel-type gym during the 2-years gap between her "arrival" and start of her journey...
Forgot to say this, but I've added Cherry's "special training" part to reflect that.

i was going to give my poison-type trainer the Neutralizing Gas ability, which nullifies all abilities (both user and opponent) while it's in use. is that alright? i figure it could create some interesting interactions!
Absolutely lol. Ruin some strategies, that's when we get creative.

today i learned that poison has an INCREDIBLY small damaging move pool...even then most of it involves spraying poison on the enemy or poison gas, and that’s it.

hopefully when i’m done though, i’ll have an interesting moveset for Arsene! i’m having fun putting his story together and should be done soon.

finally was able to put out Arsene’s personality and history, please let me know if i should change anything! i tried to roll with the information we’ve been given about the world so far, and am not opposed to fixing it up to match lore better.

If I get this right, we have these gyms so far:
  • Electric (Chance's gym)
  • Fighting (mentioned in Chance's backstory)
  • Steel (mentioned in Cherry's backstory)
And as for the characters, we have:
  • Chance (electric gym leader)
  • Freed (dark-type trainer with matching team)
  • Cherry (ice-type trainer with mixed types team; the only girl so far)
  • Arsene (poison-type trainer with matching team)
Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade Phayne Phayne salti salti did I get them right?

saniachan saniachan

Yup correct. Though I may tweak the team to alternative dark types ;x
Also considering changing adaptability for Illusion. Could be quite fun to have that as an ability :3, though he loses his 2x attack buff o3o

saniachan saniachan sounds correct to me.

Id like to propose we start the training arc, seeing as we have a few character sheets near completion. As long as you have your characters personality, backstory, and moves all finished up I'll allow you to start rping. We'll have to wait to start the official tournament arc for when we all have six pokemon teams and youll have up until that point to lock in your decisions on moves. Phayne Phayne salti salti

That is if everyone is interested in doing so. I know its going to take me a few more days to get all my team decided and put on, choosing a gym leader team is proving harder than i expected lol. No reason to hold up the story any longer though.

Id like to propose we start the training arc, seeing as we have a few character sheets near completion. As long as you have your characters personality, backstory, and moves all finished up I'll allow you to start rping. We'll have to wait to start the official tournament arc for when we all have six pokemon teams and youll have up until that point to lock in your decisions on moves. Phayne Phayne salti salti

That is if everyone is interested in doing so. I know its going to take me a few more days to get all my team decided and put on, choosing a gym leader team is proving harder than i expected lol. No reason to hold up the story any longer though.
...does it mean we already have an actual RP thread?

Question before I start: are there any gadgets like Pokegear or something in this RP-verse?

Question before I start: are there any gadgets like Pokegear or something in this RP-verse?
I love the classic pokegear design, lets go with that. Treat it like a cell phone. It can also set up a pokecamp and your general potions/inventory in a little pocket dimension because fuck physics lol.

1610701495410.png

While I don't want you to edit your sheet, because your description made me chuckle, Samevi Samevi let's clarify now. Is the gun a pistol? Rifle? Just because I won't allow you to spray endlessly, so that'll decide how often you have to reload as well as how mobile you'll be with it.

i feel bad lmao— cherry’s the only girl so far AND the youngest... im rooting for her

I might redo Freed. I've got a dragon type concept in my head, that I've been playing with ;x

i feel bad lmao— cherry’s the only girl so far AND the youngest... im rooting for her
On Cherry's behalf, thank you~ ^_^

And honestly tho, it almost made me thinking this would turn into an otome RP or something. ._.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back