• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
As Griffin spoke up again about the book she borrowed, which she in turn let him look through, Seraphina turned around to face him in her chair, her hands in front of her chest a bit defensive as she shook her head, "Oh no, you don't have to do that! I wasn't really serious when I said that I'd hope you'd repay me for letting you give it a look. But I guess I'm not too good such things as teasing," Seraphina replied a bit flustered. Seeing as he was handing her book back the earth mage gently took it back, smiling a bit when she saw that he had kept his word on not losing her place. Picking up her bookmark off the table Seraphina set it in the book before closing it and setting it on the table.

When Griffin started speaking to Miranda, Seraphina quietly looked down at the table. Not wanting to interrupt the two of them, however, something he said had silently caught her interest. He had a sword at breakfast, and it frightened her? Perhaps that's why I had seen her so scared in the garden this morning. That, or the event is what caused the version of Miranda I met this morning to reveal herself, the girl thought to herself as she continued to silently gaze at the table. It would make sense if she had suffered any severe trauma in the past. But why would a princess such as herself experience such things? That question would be have to be answered for another another point in time as Griffin mentioned Miranda's "helpful friend", that being Seraphina herself. Coming out of her thoughts the mage looked back up at that giant that was Chadston, "Oh, my apologies for not introducing myself. I'm Seraphina, Seraphina Honeycutt. It's a pleasure to meet you Griffin," smiling politely at the boy.

Though soon Seraphina was surrounded by yet another person as a different blonde girl approached the table she was sitting at too, and it seemed that she was acquainted with Griffin. Watching as the two spoke the earth mage noticed Galina acknowledge her presence with a rather polite nod, to which Seraphina gave a nod back in response. When Galina asked the both of them if either one had seen, who Seraphina could only assume to be, the girl's friends, the mage had to rack her brain in order to match the names with any mental fragments of either person. Vague profiles crossed her mind, but Seraphina shook her head in response, "I'm sorry, I can't say that I've seen either of them," she replied a bit nervously. Not having talked to other people much at parties growing up was taking a small toll on her now since she wasn't much of a conversationalist and wasn't too comfortable with any number of crowds, even if it was only three people. Thankfully she seemed to be saved by the professor arriving and announcing the start of the test as they handed them out to the students.

Once Seraphina had a test paper in her hand she smiled gleefully as she picked up a pencil and got to work. Reading the first question the mage smiled to herself, this was a simple one. The king's full name was Herald Stronghold. Everyone in Cathonia knew that. Didn't they? Anyways, the girl felt confident no matter how easy or difficult the test got.

Mentions: Cosmos Cosmos Clouds Clouds
Interaction: AdmiralNeko AdmiralNeko IG42 IG42

Day 1 (Arrival)

Mood
: Frustrated
Interaction: Blocked

Liz wandered the school grounds, wondering if she somehow glitched the tutorial. Usually in scenarios like these, she would've been approached by an NPC by now, learning the ropes and controls of it all. But nope, here she was, standing like an idiot as she haphazardly ambled her way through the gardens.

The developers really need to work on their NPC placements, she thought to herself as she looked around, waiting for her knight in shining armor. Or maybe, she thought to herself with mounting dread, there was no tutorial. She shuddered, hoping against hope that this wasn't some underdeveloped game still under testing.

Or perhaps the game's code still hasn't recognized her yet. That would explain why no one isn't on their knees by now, her attention-starved brain pondered. Not a moment passed after she thought of this did she notice some of the students file in. Looking down at the books she'd brought with her, an idea struck gold, the gears of her mind spinning to action.

---

Liz cursed under her breath as she heaved a sigh, shakily trying to balance the weight of the books she'd so underestimated. The list had entailed a series of history books retrieved from the school library. Most of them she'd already read. But that wasn't really their purpose.

No, their purpose lay in the incoming footsteps that could be heard around the corner as a pack of students approached her trap. Anticipation and excitement broiled within her heart, the game about to start. She inwardly congratulated herself for her master plan.

Liz earns +26 Cunning.

She was just about to close in on her prey when out of nowhere, someone called to her. She looked behind in confusion to see a starry-eyed girl. She waved right at her face until Liz looked behind her to see one of the members also look back in wave.

She groaned in defeat as the girl tittered by the group, her trap long forgotten. She groaned and cursed her fate once again as she reluctantly walked back to the library, though not before tripping over her feet, the books in her hand finally letting loose in a cascade of paper and leather.

Day 2 (School)

Mood
: Tired but hopeful
Interactions: Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 , open to all

Liz flipped her pillow, clearly un-nappable by the amount of tear stains littered all across it's fabric. What's happening to me? No prince nor princess was apporaching her. No magical animal nuzzled itself under her hand or sang songs of praise to her. Nothing. She was getting nothing.

Maybe I'm not actually in a game, one of her thought said. As soon as she thought of it, she pushed it away. No that cannot be, she thought to herself. I am the protagonist, not some washed up peasant girl in an alley. There's simply no way, but her conviction even to herself seemed weak and unstable.

Shaking her head, she looked out the window for some semblance of comfort. Instead, bright sunlight rushed inside her dimly lit room as she threw away the blinds. Squinting, she could see the sun hiding behind some clouds. Morning, she thought.

She slumped back on her bed as she brought her hands together above her face, playing with the sunlight emitted by the blinds. Sighing, she flipped over to her side, fragments of a thought building in her head before shattering into pieces against her grogginess. She sat up to help herself a cup of chamomile tea. Maybe if she trained herself more she would finally unlock her potential.

Training?

Instantly, urgency surged inside her, all thoughts of tea brewing vanished as she ran over the stuff haphazardly draped around her dorm and got dressed. It didn't take her long to extract herself from the room. She hadn't even been able to do her hair yet, so instead of an elaborate network of buns, it simply swished around her face as she rushed towards her class, stopping by to check a board listing all the daily schedules for students and faculties alike.

She mostly skimmed through it, listlessly poring over events and such before finding out she was late for the magical combat exam. Not a moment later, she bolted straight for the venue. She didn't have time to take in the beautiful sceneries of the place before entering, quickly shfiting into a poise of elegance. "I have arrived," her voice sounding more calm then she was.

Her gaze swiveled around the room before landing on a pink-haired girl. She seemed to exude an aura of compassion and wit. As she approached her though, her confidence slowly withered away as her antisociality rose up within her. Instead of a command radiating with power and grace, all that came from her mouth was: "Is this the venue for the exam?" her voice as meek as can be.

Interactions: Galina, Seraphina, Liz, Levia
Mentions: Ellis, Miranda
Mood: *cartoon rubberband noises*
Tags: IG42 IG42 , Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 , Risotoo Risotoo , Femboy Femboy
"Even if you were joking, I was quite serious," Jon abandoned his comfort zone to maintain his Instinct imitation (curse his disregard for personal space!) by reaching out and ruffling the girl whom he'd learned to be Seraphina's hair just before a familiar face showed up. The fantastically memorable Galina inquiring after Kat and name he didn't recognize.

"You're the first familiar face since breakfast," Jon answered the matter of her friends while shaking his head. "As for the exam...a few ripped muscles and a larger gash to Lady Landon's modesty...besides some stiffness from magic healing I'll be fine by tomorrow. If anything I'm more worried about the aftermath of our scrap on her end. Including our little accident at the gate yesterday, it appears my mother has 3 reasons to kill me between you, Ellis and Miranda." He had to fix his style of address to match Instinct's at the end, but Jon still felt assured that the slip would go unnoticed. Jon hoped at least the reference to their culture clash at the gate would fluster the girl enough to bury his earlier mistake - after all Kat and Galina had an entire afternoon with Instinct so they stood the best chance of picking up the differences. While he didn't want to take the backseat already, Jon 'stepped back' and pushed Griffin forward just as a completely new face entered to door to catch the excitable Griffin's attention. Her weak voice readily picked up by the young man's sharp ears.

"Yes!" while Griffin didn't strike a pose with the answer, he unclad torso visibly tightened as he reflexively stood at attention when catching up to his hazy arrival into the classroom unbeknownst to him from Jon's trickled information. "Welcome to the testing room little one!" Griffin's usually stiff face turned up into a smile as the high from his fun in the fight and catching up with familiar faces kicked in. Of course it didnt dawn on him how ridiculous it was to call anyone in the room 'little one' given his towering stature over the given company of the room. Well the sentence was true, until the girl who caught his attention before his match,Levia, entered his awareness. Griffin, immediately dropped the weight from his right forearm to the desk with a thunderously loud slam at the impact.

"LEVIA!" His already loud voice boomed all the louder from his excitement as he shook his liberated arm loose before discarding a the second weighted bracer onto the chair to hold his seating next to Galina and Seraphina with yet another explosion of noise as the immense weight hit the overly sturdy chair. "Let's have our round 0 shall we, right here on the desks." He approached the woman, the only person in the classroom he didn't dwarf before roughly landing his right elbow on a desk he'd dragged into place for the challenge. Sure it wasn't the full on wrestling match the pair had agreed to - but it was better than just waiting.

Levia Bayle

Ah, the written exam, at least where it would be taken. What would be probably a slight hassle to others would be a boring nightmare to her. As she blocked out the existence of everyone from her mind, because of her newfound hatred for Gyleon, just sort of wanting to stress exercise or go to bed at this point... or ice cream. Ice cream was nice, although she was still not that rich and so it wasn't that likely of an option to get ice cream because she was grumpy.

The room was pretty crowded when she went in, looking around but feeling too distracted and wanting to get the second test over with in order to care about socializing with anyone else, not that she even knew or cared about anyone else really, the only person who came to mind was Viola but she definitely wouldn't be here.

She raised an eyebrow of the loud sound of her name being shouted to get her attention, turning her head curiously wondering what she had done to merit such yelling. Levia's eyes met Griffin's, who was approaching her holding an entire desk. She gave the man a confused look as he slammed the desk down in front of her. Sure, he was the tallest here which wasn't his fault, but he was parading around shirtless making a whole lot of noise for what reason?

His sudden proposition to a 'Round 0' without context was strange, especially 'right here on the desks'. Him being shirtless didn't help his point of view much either. It only became clear once he, again, loudly slammed down his arm onto the table waiting for her to begin. This man was truly serious about competing with her, and wanted to do it right now even when they had other important things to do. "You might want to think how you present and phrase things next time sweetheart..." she sighed softly, scratching her head. She still needed to vent anyway after her little falling out with Gyleon, so this might help clear her stress and anger out of her mind. "Okay then, Round '0'" she hesitantly agreed, walking up to his challenge and taking his hand.

Something was oddly charming about him, it was perhaps the fact that he was more appropriate to her own height or matched her own desires, but it didn't seem likely. Something about how his mix of a boisterous yet childish personality was sweet yet cute. He definitely wasn't reserved in the slightest and didn't seem to think before he spoke, just living in the moment despite the bigger mood of the environment around him. Like... a puppy or a kitten perhaps. These still weren't gonna encourage her to hold back at all, she still had anger to vent and wasn't in the mood of being showed up by Griffin.

Mood: Its okay here (BUT ITS ACTUALLY N O T)
Interactions: Griffin AdmiralNeko AdmiralNeko
Mentions: Gyleon, Viola

Interactions: Levia
Mood: Be Still My Quivering Muscles!
Tags: Femboy Femboy

Griffin's face visibly changed as he recognized the other interpretation of his words before returning to an excited smile. After all, she took his hand - she clearly understood so who cares about the rest since clearly nothing went wrong. Besides this could also be something funny to look on and he pushed the boundaries of the insinuation further.

"It's just some public foreplay, nothing like marching naked in the snow at the barracks," such an event never happened to him - it was a story from his sister and a story he'd heard when his own training started. "Besides, you said old school wrestling right? In Drevan that's in the nude while drenched in oil - I'd say I'M the modest one here." He clenched his hand a bit tighter around Levia's as he settled into position. Sure he was aware his body was far from a good state for such exertion, hell - he'd probably lose if the girl was even a little stronger than she looked given he was mostly running on adrenaline for this little match. The quivering of the muscles from his legs all the way up his back and down his arms was clear as day to him. Not that it mattered, his blood boiled and demanded - nay commanded satisfaction from a good match. His left hand rummaged until he found a plain coin in the folds of his clothes.

"As the challenger it'd be uncouth of me to take the lead," he stated while preparing to throw the coin. "But I trust you'll forgive me for being the coin tosser? Im bigger so any claims of balance matters less and we can go at it when it hits the ground - level of a match as we're probably getting here dear-heart." He paused, clearly not waiting for an answer so much as for the sentence to sink in as he copied her style of speaking. With a flick of the thumb, the coin was arched nearly to the ceiling and began its descent as his reddened eyes bored into hers. His left arm didnt grip the desk of even himself but was held open out to the side without touching anything in traditional Drevan style. Compared to how everyone else arm wrested, this style was grossly disadvantaged - but he wouldn't yield that bit of pride in his country even to increase his own chances of winning. At the clink of the metal disk hitting the floor, Griffin's bulk exploded into motion, muscles visibly rippling as he sought to drive the girl's arm into the table.

"HAAAAH!!" His competitive nature of full display, Griffin couldn't keep a roar from his throat as he psyched himself up with the exertion.

KATYA

she predicted this. she knew this would happen. and under normal circumstances, she would have basked in the knowledge of being right. she would have shouted to all who were there, i told you so!

but the sight of the students having to be carried in through stretchers, their skin, previously marred only by acne and scars from childhood stunts, now fresh with bruises and wounds, all of them groaning and gurgling from every cot in the area... there was no celebration in this. there shouldn't be any celebration in this. in children getting hurt or having to hurt others.

perhaps this had been a necessary exercise in the past, from when cathonia had not yet matured into the hegemony that it is today, where war was still a constant in cathonia's consciousness. but now, in times of peace, was it necessary for this class to still be a core subject? was cathonia in dire need of soldiers? if so, why lay the burden on youths who were likely far more engrossed in slice-of-life matters, such as engaging in gossip-mongering over who-kissed-who? (katya knew well that those were all she could focus on in the past.)

regardless, she should make some plans to alter this practice in the coming future.

"i will never fully comprehend the culture of cathonia." she mumbled to herself, much to the confusion of her current patient, a cherub-faced boy who was currently having his wounds dressed. "a coin for your thoughts, miss?"

"oh? your interest in me is quite flattering!" she laughed. the youth flushed under her mirthfully bright-eyed stare. "pleased as i am at your offer, it would simply not do to keep you from your fellow classmates, no? perhaps another time, good sir. first, let us get you all wrapped up quickly." she chirped and continued her task, until her focus was once again disrupted, though, this time, by new arrivals into the temporary infirmary, particularly that of gyleon's.

his presence in the infirmary was not something she expected. or wanted. him being here could only mean that he was hurt enough to warrant a detour to their set-up. now, the question was: how hurt was he?

if she hadn't been tending to a patient right now, (if she hadn't spotted the very person she had hoped to avoid,) she would have already been at his side, checking on him. worrying for him. helping him. holding─"ow, ow, that's...! that's a little too much, miss." the boy exclaimed, hissing from the bandages that chafed against his still-sensitive skin. the wrappings were clearly wound too tight, a fact that she would have noticed had she kept her attention to her work.

she had done it again. she had allowed her mind to wander where it shouldn't, and at the worst of times, too. what's with my out-of-nowhere sentimentality? now was a time for focus. this student's health and well-being were still her responsibilities.

"my apologies!" she shrieked, rueful. "do allow me one more chance, please?"

thankfully, the boy was generous enough to let her have another try─(though, it's not like he had any other choice, since the rest of the doctors and nurses were all held-up with treating their respective patients). this time, she succeeded, without a hitch, and left the boy to his rest.

this now meant that finally, she could check on gyleon. she was making her way over, but stopped herself at the sight of the warm and wholesome interaction between the soon-to-be-count autic and the argent princess. both of them were exchanging words and touches, a seemingly comfortable ease between the two.

from what she could see, they looked to be one of those quintessential romance pairings. one was the serious male lead that hid his vulnerabilities under all those thorns, while the other was the female lead that managed to burrow her way through any obstacle with her contagious cheer and conviction.

truthfully, katya couldn't deny how lovely the two looked together. and yet, her brows furrowed at that lovely scene. she wanted to ruin it.

she strode over to the two in quick steps, intent on dispelling that atmosphere before it's too late.

─────

VIOLA

through their way towards the infirmary, viola skipped her steps, a childish glee glowing in her expression. not for the fact that a student was injured, though, but mostly that for the first time she felt the pride of being a senior. a senpai, perhaps, though she wondered where she ever heard of such an odd term. her hands made their way towards her pair of twintail, adjusting it slightly before letting them swish back against her back. when she passed a mirror, she smiled at her own reflection- though not out of vanity but rather satisfaction. she did not know what a senpai is, but she sure looks like one.

upon entering the infirmary, she was soon greeted with a sight she found herself rather much familiar with. perhaps a bit too familiar for her own good, and noé's heart's well-being. he had always told her to be more careful, which she always laughed and shake off. life is much too short to be careful after all, and there is simply too much yet to explore!

"thank you levia-nee!" the girl hugged the other, pressing her cheek against her. rock hard muscles. viola burns with envy- how pretty she would be were her body to be as fit as levia-nee's!

viola sat herself next to gyleon, waving her legs nonchalantly. when he spoke, she turned towards him, tilting her head. and when he pat her head, viola.exe stopped working for two full seconds.

"ah!" she exclaimed in surprise, and somewhat bashfully played with the ends of her hair. "it's no problem, really. it's just my job as your senpai," she smiled. it sure felt nice when she was pat on the head- noé used to do it often, she remembered. though perhaps this is the first time someone besides her brother had done it...and it still feels nice regardless. she decided she liked it, so she patted gyleon's head back as a return of the favor.

"no, it's fine! i don't think it'll start until much later too, since i cut you guys a bit early too. and yes! i'd love to have lunch with you!" her eyes twinkled for a moment, and subtly she could feel her stomach rumble. that's right, she forgot that her twin had stole her breakfast earlier this morning, and now she's very hungry. viola was midway imagining the sight of a thick fluffy maple pancake when she saw a bunch of familiar faces.

"doctor saran!" she greeted, rising to her feet and jumping in spot, waving her hands above her head. her smile, however, quickly faded when her eyes drifted to another face. a tousle of blue hair, dark skin and a hat much too bigger for her head.

yekaterina.

immediately she felt all her previous glee sucked out of her. if only she could control her expression, yet it is much unfortunate that the girl wore her emotions on her sleeves. it was as though light were drained from her eyes, and she even paled, slightly. a terrible rush of memory washed over, and she did not want to be reminded of. so she sat back next to gyleon, her head down, eyes upon the floor.

─────

KATYA

ruin it, she did.

at katya's entrance, the redhead, who seemed to have been bouncing all over the place, quickly slumped in her seat, shadows clouding over her usually bright features. katya found it irritating.

the redhead was meant to be light personified: brilliant, if a little blinding. and yet, here she was, shrinking and smothering herself.

before, katya would have met the redhead's cowering figure with a smile and a gentle touch on the shoulder. but the time for that had long since passed, and any faith katya had in their friendship had already been laid to waste by the fire. (noé made sure of it.)

so, katya chose to focus on her current patient instead. "where does it hurt?" she asked, unaware that she had been pressing at one of his bruises.

─────

GYLEON

although viola had initially seemed surprised by gyleon patting her head, thankfully it seemed she did not in fact actually mind. he was unprepared however for when the small and cute girl then proceeded to stretch her arms up to pat his own head in response.though he was rather embarrassed by this being done, he realized he was in no position to complain as he had just done so himself and she was in fact older so he endured it with a red tinted face. it seemed she was receptive to his offer of getting lunch together as well much to his relief. it was far too hard to come up with plans to pay her back when they were not close enough to buy her presents or such without being overbearing and it would be a good opportunity to cement their connection. perhaps she was too enthusiastic about the idea as she seemed to have become distracted and looked like she was moments away from drooling due to thoughts of food.

as much as gyleon was amused and enjoyed watching viola like this, she soon snapped out of it as she called out to a doctor. his eye followed the direction she was looking towards and was met with that of a female doctor and then to his childhood friend he had predicted but wished would not appear.he couldn’t help but grimace slightly on seeing yekaterina as he really did not wish to be seen this way and her reaction looking like she was going to cry only made things worse. he wanted to complain about her being the one handling his injuries as he usually would but had second thoughts as she was worrying for him so much and probably going to help treat him. that was the plan at least, until she started prodding him forcefully while asking where he had pain.

gyleon could only tense up and suck in breath at yekaterina’s prodding of his right side, further intensifying the pain of his injuries. “t-there” he said with a weak stutter as he reached his left arm across to grab her wrist and stop her before she made anything worse. “are you really qualified to be here? it should be common sense not to poke at an injured patient like that unless you’re checking the extent of injury. i really want to ask for a different nurse to attend to me now” he however sighed as he finally let go of her after getting his short rant finished, though having held back some rather choice words she’ll be sure to hear properly when they’re alone later on. with a sigh, he proceeded to explain. “my right side is probably the worst, i think i might have broken something after getting hit by a giant rock gauntlet at full strength.” he said with a pointed look before continuing. “my right arm is pretty bad as well, i took another to that, though this time with some defenses. i hit the back of my head pretty hard as well. the only thing else is cuts and bruises from the attacks exploding around me.”

once gyleon finally got done explaining the extent of his injuries he finally noticed that for whatever reason, yakaterina seemed to be rather down. he was initially worried that he had actually upset the girl once again with his harsh words as she was already rather flustered by his injuries. “katya, you alright? did you get all that? he questioned her with concern, leaning closer to her as much as it hurt and shaking her shoulder gently with his good arm. in his slight panic he had forgotten to call her by her full name like he usually does but he was too busy worrying about having upset her or whatever actually did.

─────

KATYA

though wounded, gyleon seemingly managed to stay calm as he numbered out his injuries. the only protest he had made, really, was over katya prodding at a particularly sore bruise. barring that, he said everything else with such ease, as if it were something mundane and only mildly inconvenient, similar to how one might complain about the weather.

his nonchalance on the matter only strengthened her earlier resolve: once i win that council spot, i'm going to get this changed up. or postponed, at the very least, until there are actual supervisors in place.

that being said, katya marvelled at his discipline, especially since she, too, had undergone the same trials on her first day as a freshman, (albeit with significantly far less composure than he had.)

her first class in magical combat had been... enlightening. a demonstration of just how large the skill gap had been between herself and her peers. she had been paired against the redhead then; barely a minute had passed before she ended up flat on her back, her sight fading in-and-out. she remembered laughing, groaning, screaming from the pain, the pressure on her waist, the searing heat. she gripped a hand against her waist, afraid that she might literally burst. (a far-cry to how gyleon held himself.)

then, something wet splashed on her cheek; above her, dripping red hair, a snivelling mess of a girl. at the time, she thought: what was the point of fighting? when we clearly aren't ready for it?

"katya, you alright? did you get all that?" gyleon asked, his voice an anchor to her drifting thoughts.

right, patient. we're in the infirmary, trying to assess the damage. remember that and let's focus on it. but really, how was she supposed to do that, with his (stupid ridiculous preppy student-council-esque pretty-boy) face crowding her field-of-vision?

"uh, oh, uhm, yes, absolutely! of course, yes, indeed, i will be, i mean, i was─" she began, retreating with every word, before ending on an awkward "yes." ughhh. she locked her anguished screams inside her head and hoped it didn't show on her face.

"but katya? just katya? no other remarks? not even a she-devil! i must declare that you, my pwecious widdle giwwy-wiwwy, are warming up to me!" that's in-character for her, right? it's definitely not at all a ramble to divert attention away from her squeaking voice. whether it was successful was debatable, but it did give her enough time to return to default settings.

"now, enough of the pleasantries." she clapped her hands, then mumbled as she patted a hand on the cot."lay back down, will you not? let us get you all patched up."

though she had said that, katya couldn't exactly help him in the way most healers in this room could. sure, the bruises and the wounds were within her ability to treat, but gyleon had mentioned breaking something, didn't he? if she was really serious about getting him all patched up, she'd have to ask for the magical assistance of a healer. katya backed away from the cot and looked to see if there were anyone available, only to find everyone still as busy as ever.

the only one who could possibly be able to assist right now would be... the redhead. dammit.

for now, she decided to be mature about it. after all, her friend was still in dire need of assistance. for the first time in this whole situation, katya addressed the other girl. with a practiced smile, she requested for the redhead's help. "please forgive me, your highness, but might you grant us your ever-so-gracious aid? i do believe that gyleon requires a bit of magical healing. i am certain that even you could manage this, no?[/b]"

─────

VIOLA

at the moment, viola barely lifted her head. she had not remembered when the last time the atmosphere felt this tense- she did not like it. it was not something she could ever get herself used to, not that she wanted it. how could she be so foolish? to forget that of all people, that one person she did not want to meet were to work here-

when she was called, her eyes darted up almost immediately, though what passed before her eyes was an emotion rarely seen within the face of the twintailed girl. the title your highness rang weirdly in her ears, though she had no intention on correcting her, too. she was never called that in school, and especially not from her... bitter memories rushed back and she clenched her fists, nails digging in her palm. she need not think of it right now.

at first, she was lost, but then she remembered.

she could heal.

she had simply panicked upon seeing an injured first year and she forgot that she. could. heal. on most days, viola would laugh at such a mistake. she was not the smartest of people, she understood that. there was no reason to blame herself so for such a trivial matter, though right now she felt like the guiltiest person alive.

"sure," she briefly stated, and her face was emotionless. it felt like a different person. she forced a smile towards gyleon, though that itself did not last so long. "er- can you lie down? also, um-" she grimaced when she looked at the condition of his arm. she would need skin contact to make sure her healing were to be more focused and efficient, as she had not much time and that wound is not one so easily treated from simply long distance. "it would be nice if, er- scissors. scissors."

she looked around, avoiding eye contact from the other girl at all times. truly, did she really blame herself so much? or is it simply for the fact that were she to focus a little bit more, take a few deep breath maybe, she would remember that she could heal, and they would never had to encounter each other?

─────

GYLEON

thankfully for gyleon, yekaterina didn’t seem to be too upset with him once he snapped her out of her condition. as usual however, the moment he showed any concern for her she immediately went back to teasing him ruthlessly and using that accursed way of calling him. with an unsatisfied face her proceeded to lay back down for her obediently, internally cursing her as he did so. only when she turned her attention to viola, did he notice how tense the atmosphere was between the two. he could not think too long on that matter as yakaterina called viola “her highness” much to his confusion.

initially gyleon reasoned that yekaterina was just being a bitch due to the bad atmosphere between the two, however she is unfortunately not the type to take that approach in public. he was also then unfortunately reminded that there were indeed twin royals within the second years, the argent family who indeed have a daughter with the name of viola. he had to wonder if he had some curse that made sure he screwed up in some way on their initial meetings. he could only hope that unlike with miranda, this one would not go crazy on him somehow now.’

“wait.” gyleon thought to himself. “wasn’t the argent family full of light users?” if that was the case, couldn’t viola have healed him back when his match had concluded? it seemed that the girl herself only finally realized that possibility herself after she donned a look of comprehension and then guilt. although he was slightly exasperated on realizing this he decided not to blame her as it was easy to forget in the heat of the moment, especially when she was still a student. no, of course he wasn’t treating yekaterina unfairly when compared to viola, not at all

matters of double standards aside, he decided to keep his mouth and let them proceed with their work without causing more problems to add to the tension. .he was a bit concerned when scissors were mentioned but soon remembered that most healing magic would require skin contact to be the most effective and quickly calmed down. he was slightly disappointed his clothes would go to waste but it was preferable to having them try to free him from them normally and he had spares thankfully.

─────

KATYA

though the years might pass, it's good to see that some things don't change. even now, the redhead was still as much of a do-gooder as before, but was this girl really thinking of doing all the preparations? no way am i letting you touch him anymore than you should.

"please. allow this humble servant, your highness. you need not exert yourself on such paltry duties." in other words, don't encroach on my duties anymore than you have to.

katya quickly procured a pair of scissors and, after a few moments, finished in cutting off the front of his shirt as quickly as possible, so as to avoid any unnecessary pain in the process. she couldn't help but regret the waste of good fabric, but alas, she could do nothing else but peel the front off of him and set it aside on the small table nearby.

"now then, please be careful and apply as little pressure on the chest, your highness." in the meantime, she idly held on to his right hand, eager for any measure of comfort, as she watched and waited for the redhead to get to work. at the very least, she should attempt to assimilate whatever techniques she can from the girl.

─────

VIOLA

truly the young girl had bear no such thoughts, as contrary to what the other has believed. only pure thoughts, yes. this is the author taking a short moment to fourth-wall break and shaming you, katya. all that aside, viola moved back slightly, to allow the "more qualified" of the two to get to work. she simply nodded subtly at the statement, though she could not help but take little peeks upon the job. and she felt slight heat cross over her cheeks.

she thought she would have been used to seeing shirtless men by now- noé has never been much discreet when it comes to changing. they were twins after all, she thought nothing weird of it. they were practically the same person, and perhaps that was why it felt much more awkward to see someone who isn't her younger brother in such a position.

viola slapped both sides of her face at the same time, squishing her cheeks as a result. she has been told she resembles a chipmunk at some points, and she has hoped it was not for her voice. 'get your head in the game!' she told herself. she's supposedly a senpai! good senpais don't think of such things.

"okay!" she balled her hands in fists- she knew she was told to be gentle, but as of now she was more pumped up than anything. the girl hesitated, biting down her lip as she eyed the boy's bare chest-

inhaling sharply, she shakily led her hand towards the male, her eyes barely opening. then her fingers brushed against skin, she felt his warmth radiating through her touch. and then she felt calm. serenity surged through her instantly, light penetrating through a brume. her eyelids fluttered close, the tips of her fingers glowed, then so had her palm. the heat only intensified, beneath skin and flesh she felt the blood boiling, bones mending and clicking. tears stitched back, viola furrowed her brows. she was not the best healer, she knows that, though she does try her best. then, when she felt that she was done, she removed herself from him, opening his eyes.

and she smiled, partially that because gyleon is all better, but another part was prideful- that she did a good job. for a moment she forgot that katya was here too, she beamed, glancing at the girl beside her, wanting to boast her achievement. but then she remembered that they were no longer friends.

then an announcement rang in the air, one about a change of schedule and procedure. this only caused her heart to sink even more so.

"um-" she muttered, standing up. "i'm done. i hope you're feeling better, gyleon. i'm not the best healer, but i did do my best," she flashed him a soft smile, tilting her head. "let's meet up again, soon. i'll look forward to that meal."

─────

GYLEON

for one reason or another, the who went through the process of getting off his shirt seemed to end up becoming an issue of debate due to yekaterina. her words and reasoning were about the same as usual but the tone she was using and the face she was making showed her contempt towards viola. in the end viola ended up backing off rather easily and ended up ignoring the provocation much to his relief as an injured patient stuck between the two. he had to wonder what happened between them that led to such a hostile relationship but it was best to ask that at another time.

while musing on the situation, yekaterina had finally started working on getting gyleon’s shirt off, despite his worries of her handling sharp objects near him, his shirt was successfully removed without yekaterina managing to cut or stab him in the process. though he was confident in his less assuming but yet still defined body, being in a vulnerable position like this caused him to feel conscious and blush slightly when met with the gazes of the two girls. this was just a standard medical situation but he supposed that it was less common to be without a shirt in this world and they were not exactly professionals.

as if that was not was not bad enough, yekaterina began holding gyleon’s hand after giving directions to viola. his blush ended up becoming more noticeable as a result and his face felt like it was burning as he gave her an embarrassed scowl. it wasn’t as if he was a helpless and scared child who needed to be comforted just because he got some rough injuries, especially when viola was around to see. even if he would prefer this not to be happening, he ended up relenting and holding her gloved hand back slightly since she’s so worked up over this and he didn’t want to draw more attention to the matter.

gyleon was initially a bit shocked at viola suddenly slapping her cheeks out of nowhere but it seemed that the girl was rather nervous about the situation and was psyching herself up. unfortunately she seemed to be a bit too worked up now as she was a tad forceful when she finally made herself press against his chest. thankfully the pressure and pain faded as he was hit by her magic, her hand glowing with power and his entire body warming as he was flooded with it. it was an odd and chaotic mixture of being relieved of the pain and discomfort due to the warmth and his body trying to mend itself with her aid.but she finished before he could worry about it too much.

although it seemed he had been healed for the most part, there was still some soreness and after the remaining traces of her healing faded and he could tell he wasn’t at 100%. it seemed he’d have to take it easy while his body finished the rest of the healing process naturally. viola’s happiness at her successful work did feel as if it had an aspect of healing as well, causing him to be unable to help but smile back. before he could say anything however, they were interrupted by the announcement regarding the completion of the first years’ battles and the change in schedule of the second years. he was a bit worried that these two seemed to be on the same team but had other matters to be concerned about as he needed to take his test now that he was healed.

gyleon quickly released yekaterina’s hand from his that had ended up getting sweaty and had unconsciously gripped hers more firmly than intended due to the procedure when he noticed viola getting up. fortunately yekaterina was wearing gloves so she hopefully didn’t mind but he wasn’t sure if viola saw and was concerned she would misunderstand and this would cause problems due to their relationship. “y-yes, i’m feeling much better now, thank you. i think i might need some more time to be completely healed but i should be able to manage on my own now. you did a good job. yes, i’ll look forward to the meal.” though initially nervous, he managed to relax again, smiling and raising his sore but now usable arm to see her off.

“you should be going too, right?” gyleon said, glancing towards yekaterina a bit more sheepishly. knowing the girl, she’ll sulk since she wasn't able to be of much assistance so he decided to avoid berating her for now and make her feel better. “uh..thanks katya, it was easier for me since you were here.” he said, still ending up sounding somewhat awkward and blushing slightly. “since you made such a big deal about me getting injured, you’re not allowed to now. you can impress your junior by winning too.” though debatable on how effective it would truly be, this was the best encouragement he could offer to the girl.

─────

KATYA

the light was a little too harsh on her, but katya was determined to watch the redhead at work, even if it's only through squinted eyes.

but, alas, she thought to herself, her lips pressed into a thin line. nothing of use to me. there was no great effort or ritual before the redhead set to healing gyleon, only a shift in mood, a calm so pervasive that it seemingly cleared the gloom from the redhead.

after the deed, the redhead seemed to glow. and the look she had given katya, beaming and brilliant, the ghost of their friendship no longer haunting her features if only for a moment... so great was katya's surprise that katya thanked the other, formalities dropped. "thanks, vi."

it's so easy to fall back into old habits; the redhead was so easy to like. still, these old habits need to die. fast. this was a mistake, one she quickly rectified with a hasty "your highness." tacked on at the end.

eager to divert her attention, she honed in on one of the words that repeated itself quite a few times now: meal.

what meal were they talking about? how is it that they've already set a date when they barely knew each? they only knew of other for a day, at the most? unless they knew of each other before their coming to the academy? but if so, why did gyleon never tell her? the two of them sharing a secret irritated her.

before she could make a comment (that she'd likely regret), an announcement rang loud across the area. the first years were now officially finished with their matches, so it'll be the second years' turn soon. an unfortunate turn of events made even worse by the fact that there were now new groupings.

"stars above," she hissed under her breath. my attention is definitely diverted now. she rested her hand on the temples of her forehead, already feeling a headache coming over her.

if only i could fake a sickness.

why was this world so hellbent on putting her and the redhead together? exasperated, she slumped on the chair by his bed, a complete ragdoll, with her arms lifeless at her sides and her head lolling back.

she only looked up when gyleon suddenly thanked her. that's out of nowhere, wasn't it? all she did was cut his shirt up. with a raised brow, she continued to listen to him.

and boy, did it take katya for a spin.

"aha." she sputtered. smooth. in an attempt to recover, she waved her hands around before settling with a flustered "uhm, o-of course! yes." real buttery smooth.

"well, aha, ehm. ahem. enough of that, no?" katya grinned and busied herself with finding a spare shirt in the drawers, anything to distract from the heat of her face. "let us get you all prepped now! we can't have anyone else but myself see you so under-dressed, no?"

with a flourish, she took out an especially ostentatious and frilly dress shirt and presented it to him. "allow me to dress you, milord?"

to her great surprise, gyleon obliged (with great reluctance and much of the sighing fanfare she had come to expect from her too-serious friend.) in a few moments, katya managed to dress him in the shirt.

"now, for the buttons." the first few buttons were closed with a deliberate care and intimacy. brushes of skin that she cheekily excused as "merely an accident, milord."

it was a blatant lie, one she quickly laughed off before returning to her duty with diligence. and soon, gyleon was . "look at you, the fetching man that you are. perfect. though.." after the beating he received, he might need a good wash. with that in mind, she waved a basin's worth of water to her and leaned away. "you might want to brace yourself." carefully, the water snaked over his face, bringing in its path the dust and dirt. with that done, she directed the used water down into the drain and quickly wiped off the excess with a towel.

"now you're perfectly immaculate. though i am certain it pains you to part with me, we must, for destiny calls for you. well, the test, but you see what i mean. you go on ahead, no?"

code by @fudgecakez

N
O
É

A
R
G
E
N
T

X
X
X
X
X

This was bad news. One that he certainly did not expect. Last year was not like this, so he did not know what had caused the sudden change. Truly, it was not as though he cared much, yet somehow the thought of going against Elijah and Mason at the same time bothered him to no extent. He was fine going one-on-one with Elijah, so why did it matter if it was with Mason? In fact, he had looked forward to it. Was he disappointed? For what?

In rage for his own stupid thoughts, he kicked the nearest garbage can. Random trash toppled out of it, most of them used bandages and empty water bottles. He casted a glare to some of the idle first-years, whom had just finished battling against one another. They stared back at him, whispering words he could not hear. If only he was not irritated enough.

What are you looking at, punk? Pick it up.

Immediately, they did as so, not before flinching a small bit. At times Noé wondered- was it his voice or his face that was scary? Would it not be nice to grow a few extra inches, so he would actually be terrifying? He was still growing, he reminded himself that on a daily basis. It should not have mattered, he has the status and the power. But looking like Elijah would have been so cool-

The boy sighed, propping himself in a seat opposite of the other team. They were speaking to one another, strategizing perhaps, whispering things he could not quite make out. At least he had Viola on his side- he does not want to fight against her, really. It felt off to battle in opposite sites- they have always been a team. Their dynamic should have been unbeatable- except in this case, it might be, due to some little liability he has called anger issues.

Noé!

Viola!

He immediately looked up, seeing the twintailed young girl so overly happy to see him. And he could only guess why. She leapt into his arms just before he could stand up, causing him to topple back, and then both rolled off the seat.

Let go- Didn’t you also do this yesterday?” Noé groaned, pushing her face away as she continued to whine. But in the end he simply smiled, allowing his twin to rub her cheek allover his. Then his eyes darted at the face that came behind her, and all joy from his expression washed away just as quickly.

Well, well,” he spoke, a sinister grin upon his lips. His voice had audibly lowered, and even Viola caught the hint. She scurried aside, fixing her hair once more before blowing upon her own palms, glowing slightly upon impact. “If it isn’t Miss Van Der Bitch.

He rose to his feet, and Viola did the same, though she stood right behind him. Once again her expression has changed, and she clung at the edge of his shirt. “Noé…

I figured I never asked- how are your scars?” With his teeth, he slid off his gloves, letting them drop upon the ground. When he spread his arms, a ring of fire emerged just below him, circling, twisting, licking the air. “I didn’t know you wanted a new one so soon!
mood: irritated | location: combat class | time: AM
code: s e v e n s e v e n XXXinteractions: pinnasina pinnasina
XXXmentions: HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Clouds Clouds (Elijah)

Boom !

Before the second years could start their initial team fight, an explosion echoed throughout the forest nearby. It echoed throughout the main building, the walls shaking and smoke slowly started to fill their way up in the available spaces. Students started to get into a panic, followed closely by the screaming of those whose fear completely engulfed them. The principal, alarmed by the happening, immediately went into action. Directing the second years towards the safe place which was the courtyard right in front of the main building. Teachers did the same everywhere, trying to calm everyone down while directing them into the right direction. Voices were spread across, taking back some of the control they had lost in a moderate pace. It took about fifteen minutes before everyone arrived so they could all start counting on who was missing and who not. Luckily, nobody seemed to be in distress this time. A few teachers weren’t to be seen as they were sent to find out the cause of the explosion.

Seeing that they took too long to return, the principal decided to take action by himself. It was the best thing to do but he couldn’t do it alone despite his status. He didn’t even know how many enemies were hiding themselves in the darkest corners of the forest. It was a mystery as to how they even got this close to the school domain as it was supposed to have a protective dome around it which nobody could as easily enter except for the first day. Hence why that day it was more guarded than normal.

Assembling the students who he thought of as who had the most potential into growing. It might be the best or the worst choice which only father time could tell.

”Everyone! Enemies made their way inside. I do not know with how many they are neither how strong. I ask of you now to help me into protecting this school. You will be split up into teams of four which you can choose by yourself. This is not a trivial matter and can be dangerous so if you feel like you might actually be in danger, do not hesitate to run and contact one of the teachers. That is all.” The principal ran off immediately after his speech as he didn’t want to waste anymore time since somebody could have been killed in the meantime.

HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Femboy Femboy AdmiralNeko AdmiralNeko Akudon Akudon Cenedril Cenedril Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 Cosmos Cosmos Paltajayd Paltajayd IG42 IG42 pinnasina pinnasina s e v e n s e v e n Risotoo Risotoo

Interactions: Ellis, Levia, Elizabeth, Seraphina, Miranda, Galina, Gyleon, Alice
Mentions:
Mood:
SERIOUSLY?! I JUST WANT A DAY TO MYSELF
Tags: Clouds Clouds , Risotoo Risotoo , IG42 IG42 , Femboy Femboy , Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 , Cosmos Cosmos

The sound of the explosion ripped through the classroom and shattered Griffin's focus - the sound of a fist slamming the table near simultaneously was lost on him as he turned to bolt through the window to reach the sound. He made it as far as reclaiming his hand, dropping the weighted belt from the folds of his leggings (damage to the floor ensued on its landing) and 2 steps before Jon stepped forward - not total control, just one foot forward. In a sense, this was as complete as the young man could be in this situation.

"OUTSIDE, TO THE COURTYARD - MOVE!!!" Jon's adult atmosphere, overwhelming confidence mixed with Griffin's military command experience to produce a dominating demeanor that allowed no questions or second guessing as he barked the order. His voice by far outpacing the crashing of his own belt and the explosion for that matter in sheer thundering volume. Nor for that matter was he at all shying from hauling people to their feet and shoving them through the door. Years of combat experience kicking in producing an edge like feeling to his usually calm demeanor in an attitude more akin to a blade to one's throat - sure his upbringing made the blade an extravagant one, but a blade all the same. Were his family here, this would be more of what they viewed to be the real eldest son. It wasn't until the rest were out of the room that the prince rid himself of the rest of his weights - his shins and thighs greatly relieved of their burden allowed for a much easier time catching up and surpassing the crowd as he left the building and bolted to the dorms at full speed.

When he got into the dorm, luckily he kept all his weapons prepared in a single pack so he could readily run back to the courtyard in time for the principal's speech. Inwardly, Jon curse at himself and Instinct for being so lax just because the scenery changed. As it stood, he had 6 daggers - large twisted spike really that he could hand out, a single arming sword - and of course his bow and a quiver of arrows. The bow had an affixed point so when strung it could be used to thrust like a spear in close quarters but it was doubtful anyone else on campus could string his bow...much less use it. In that regard, it wasn't exactly hard to piece together what he could and couldn't hand out. The pack also held a gambeson - thick padded armor in his size, which meant again despite being surrounded by civilians it would be hard form him to actually find a way of sorting this out while keeping them relatively safe. After all, he wasn't so stupid as to think he could solve this on his own. While Jon stayed in his own head weighing out the situation, groups naturally formed on their own. Obviously he was best suited for being on the front and in the thick of it, that being said he couldn't exactly expect his fellow students to keep up in that regard. Inwardly he groaned at the lack of options - nothing worse than a bad patch job in a crisis. Unfortunately, from the perspective of keeping people safe - he'd end up having to wait for the leftovers and go about from there.

Fate, it would appear was kinder than expected and Griffin quickly saw two familiar faces...and a target he couldn't ignore. So in order, he scooped up the near microscopic girl he vaguely remembered to be very friendly with his roommate before thumping a familiar large woman on the shoulder. "Levia, join our team." He didn't ask so much as proclaimed while holding up Alice like an unenthusiastic kitten in his recruitment pitch. As for his former duel-mate, and her robed visage...he just barely kept up tradition by tossing a fresh bit of cloth for maintaining the blades at the back of her head over the crowd.

"Hey stranger, get over here!"

Last edited:
The girl's head unintentionally bowed under the weight of Griffin's hand as he began to ruffle her strawberry locks a bit. It was hard not to blush due to the somewhat embarrassing action, though it was a tad rougher than when her eldest brother would do it. Soon another person came up to her, a pale blonde haired girl, who asked if this was the correct room that the written test was being held in. Still blushing, as Griffin had his hand on her head, Seraphina smiled gently as she quietly replied, "It is." Though has she felt the weight vanish off her head Seraphina looked over towards Griffin in shock as he initiated a wrestling match with another student who she deemed to be Levia. She was shocked to see such actions being preformed in the classroom. Right when the exam was being passed out!

Suddenly an explosion ripped through a portion of campus, away from the classroom. The building shook violently, and the marquess instinctively turned to hug Miranda close to her. An attempt to protect the girl in case something far worse came to the room. Feeling the vibrations stop chaos befell as students started bolting for the door, screaming in terror at the event that unfolded. Pulling away from the princess Seraphina placed a hand on Miranda's head, "Are you alright," she asked worriedly, knowing this could possibly trigger one of the girl's separate personalities. Griffin's voice boomed over the crowd, directing them to all go to the courtyard for safety. Without second question Seraphina snagged her book and grabbed Miranda by the hand before trying to get the both of the out of the classroom. Tightening her hold on Miranda's hand as she could feel her grasp slipping as students starting pushing one another down the hallway towards the exit, including the two girls. Unfortunately Seraphina's grasp wasn't strong enough as Miranda's hand ultimately slipped and the mass sea of bodies prevented the marquess from trying to stop and find her.

Once outside Seraphina shielded her eyes a bit from the bright sunlight as she followed the other students towards the courtyard. There wasn't much time to try and hunt for Miranda as the principal called for everyone's attention, student and teacher alike, to explain the situation at hand. Enemies had somehow broken through into the school grounds and they all were currently under attack. But, what enemies were they? Where did they come from? Those questions would probably be answered soon enough as Principal Von Deik called upon select students to help aid in protecting the school and its residents. With her name being one of them Seraphina didn't know if she should feel honored or terrified, so it was a mixture of both.

Watching Von Deik run off into the forest alone Seraphina turned and looked around, rather startled, as she tried to find a familiar face to go off with in a group. Spotting Griffin in the distance with a number of weapons the marquess wished at a time like this she had her sword with her. Perhaps if she wrote Bramwell he'd send it to her. But for she settled on looking for someone to pair up with in a group.

Tags: Cosmos Cosmos Clouds Clouds s e v e n s e v e n AdmiralNeko AdmiralNeko Risotoo Risotoo

Last edited:
Just as mason was about to launch his attack on the opposing team, a loud detonation sounded nearby, stopping the terra mage in his tracks. Heeding the Principal's instructions, and followed his fellow second years to the courtyard. As a crowd of students amassed, Mason began to subconsciously alter the obsidian blade in his hand, giving it razor's edge. As this was going on, a shiver of excitement shot down his spine, as principal announced the school, his home away from home, was under attack. His grip tightened around the molded hilt of his weapon as he immediately sent his own senses into the very stones beneath them, searching out the invaders.

"Cassius, Miranda, You there, first year, with me. We'll tatke to the eastern wing. If we hurry, we may be able to set a trap and decimate any foes before they even know what is happening." He said Pointing to Elizabeth as he began making his way towards their foe, a plan of defense forming in his mind. If we can funnel them into the main corridor, I could form a series of underfloor vents that Cassius could use to send high pressured jets of fire as Whats-her-name and Miranda can contain them in with walls of Photonic coalescence, effectively packing them in like jews in an oven... Wow.. that just got dark... Even for me. Thanks brain... He thought.

Risotoo Risotoo Cosmos Cosmos Cenedril Cenedril

Last edited:

T
H
E

T
W
I
N
S

X
X
X
X
X

X
X
X
X
X

An explosion was heard, one that Noé was quiet sure had not come from himself. Soon the whole class fell into a frenzy of madness, panic swarming thickly in the air like insects in rainy season. Smoke swirled up within their enclosed space, screams have started to be heard. Chaos fell faster than anyone had anticipated, not the seniors, and perhaps not even the principal himself.

The flames that had once encircled him immediately diminished, the entirety of his attention now brought forward the flurry of directions they were given. He felt Viola still cling behind him, tightening her grip round his arm.

"Eh? W-what's going on- Noé?!" Viola resisted, then released her grip when she felt her twin stepping away. Her eyes widened, yet what crossed it were not fear, but hesitation. She cradled her arm in front of her chest, and for a short while, though it felt like forever.

"Viola, come on. They're asking for us, now."

"But-"

"But what- oh." Noé could see her eyes dart left, ever so slightly, to the girl that stood behind her. Even at that exact moment, when his eyes met hers, he noticed a slight pang to his chest. To view someone so drastically different in such a short time, how he now could taste nothing but the bitterness of disgust. Even then, the twin tailed girl finally released a sigh, without a second look she took her brother's hand.

"Never mind," she said, and though a smile made its way to her lips, her eyes spoke differently. Betrayal, regret, and briefly, rage. A different kind than one he had felt for the blue haired maiden. This was cold, yet fiery, unleashed flames residing beneath the small fragile body of his very own sister. One that he, for sure, had never expected of her. "Well? Let's go."

"Of course...let's." Instead it was he that looked over his shoulders, yet quickly he clicked his tongue, then looked away. Following the mass of students, the twins made their way past them, out the building then towards the courtyard. Screaming has dissipated, though murmurs flooded the arena. That was right, they needed to make a group of four.

He felt her hand in his, cold and quivering. And somehow something set at the back of his throat, short-lived yet very powerful. His hearts began to race, and while he felt unfamiliar to it, he could lie to the whole world but never to himself. His breath hitched, and his grip in her hand tightened. He felt fear. Fear of losing her.

"Noé! Brother!"

When the male had blinked, he was transported back in the world. The girl stood in front if him, concern painted in every inch of her expression. She then leapt to hug him, wrapping her arms around him. Her body shook, or perhaps that was only him. His motions felt robotic, and he tapped the back of her shoulder.

"Don't worry, it'll be alright. The school can't get away with this. I-I'll make sure our mother hears about this-"

"Elijah."

"...Not exactly the best time to be speaking of him-"

"No. Elijah!"

Viola wriggled herself off his grip, then she ran towards the other male, whom Noé now spots towering among others. His sister dived herself within the boy's grip, and she hugged him, too. All he could do is follow her from behind, much too terrified to let her off his gaze, even for a second.

"Eli-kun I'm so glad you're okay!" she whined, rubbing her cheeks against the boy's chest. Noé raised his head, but quickly looked down. There was not much he could say in moments like these. Yes, he felt a sudden wave of relief washing over him. It felt as though a giant clog had been relieved off his chest, and somehow he felt much lighter. He had not realized it, even until then, and he found himself close to jumping into the hug if the fact that Viola is already there had not stopped him. But then, something else had caught his eye.

"Where's Ellis?"

mood: scared confused | location: courtyard | time: 12PM
code: s e v e n s e v e n XXXinteraction: Clouds Clouds pinnasina pinnasina XXXmentions: n/a

Last edited:
Yekaterina Van der Zee
interactions: alice, camille, galina, gyleon, noé, viola.
mentions: cassius, ellis, elijah, elizabeth, griffin, levia, mason, miranda, seraphina.
tags:
AdmiralNeko AdmiralNeko
Akudon Akudon
Cenedril Cenedril
Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50
Cosmos Cosmos
HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest
IG42 IG42
Paltajayd Paltajayd
Risotoo Risotoo
s e v e n s e v e n
Clouds Clouds
Femboy Femboy
though she may have rushed gyleon off, katya herself had no inclination to hurry off to her respective 'destiny'. instead, she dove into her work and turned to assisting the other doctors: delivering the necessary ointments and tools to the healers, replacing the dirtied towels and waters at every bed-stand. all tasks fit for a grunt, yes, but katya welcomed any opportunity to stave off her orientation battle, at least until she could decide whether she should even bother participating in the first place.

(her odds, after all, weren't too good. can you even imagine? her working with the argent twins? experience has taught her well that any encounter with those two would only get her burned.)

unfortunately, the good doctor robbed her of that agency.

doctor saran, after lifting the basin katya had planned to clean, sneered at her to get "out." katya protested─"come now, i do believe i am of better use here, no? a bigger help here than i would be in a battlefield, no doubt. and do we not need all the help?"─but against the unyielding orc, her concerns might as well have fallen on deaf ears.

it didn't take much time before she, too, was dismissed and ushered out, a monotoned "good luck" and a full leather flask as her only consolations. the former, a pointless sentiment, as luck would have no effect on the outcome of her battle. (not when she's teamed up with noé.)

one might think: surely this would be the end of her woes, no? wrong; right out the infirmary area is a familiar scene. a stoic and seemingly injured lad, and a shy and small lady, locked in an embrace. stars above. the shadow of gyleon and the redhead superimposed over the two would not leave.

"my, my, it is not even noon yet and already, you two are so affectionate." the vitriol from before decided to leave with a bang. in its wake, an empty space opened up, quickly becoming home to remorse. what was she doing? they're just trying to enjoy their school life, and yet, here she was, raining on their parade like some bitter old boomer!

"forgive me, i merely jest." not long after she had said those spiteful words, she apologised, brows furrowed in penance, before moving past the matter.

these two were probably first years, no? just two people trying to lick their wounds after what she assumed must be a tough battle, given the scorch marks on the boy's clothing.

actually, now that she's really looking at them, wasn't the boy one of sir geralt's patients? the one that the nurse said had a broken rib or two, the one who had cut his own hair off because the tips were burnt? that's a déjà-vu moment there. for something like that to occur, he must have faced off against a light or fire user, no? the very idea was enough to solidify a sense of (likely one-sided) camaraderie towards the lad.

"please pardon me for having disturbed you two and for continuing to do so," she said, regretful of her earlier outburst and empathetic of his situation. "but are you quite certain that you do not wish to perhaps prolong your stay at the infirmary? no teacher would begrudge you two for opting out of the test for now, no?" to her eye, these two seemed like they needed some rest, some time to wind down from what she would assume, from personal experience, was post-battle nerves. (one clearly more than the other, since the one was a lot more injured than the other.)

but who am i kidding? she doubted that they would listen to her, a virtual stranger who barged in on their moment. she sighed, "though, i suppose you know yourselves best." people, after all, were contrarian creatures. insisting that they rest would likely just push them away from that possibility. besides, sir geralt did give the boy the all-clear, so they might be fine.

that being said, she won't just let them off willy-nilly. she turned to the young girl at his side. (more a doll than girl, if she was being honest.) "do take care of your companion here, no? and if he starts to feel even the slightest pang of pain, a wince, if you will, you strong-arm him back here, will you not?" she said, a fist in the air for emphasis.

after giving the two directions to the testing area, she left for her own business, still unhurried and slow in her pace.

─────​

katya glares at the pouch in her hand. inside the pouch was a significant chunk of refined silver, stamped with the insignia of the argent mine and the argent's insignia. a valuable item that's sure to fetch a good price if she were to find a suitable fence.

"half now, half later," the other had said, at the time, before holding it out to her. the very thought that the other would think so lowly of her... it's hilarious, she tells herself, but no laugh follows. only a scoff, a burning sensation in her throat. "hah." the absurdity of this all. the other really thought of her as an irredeemable glutton for gold!

since that's how it is, i might as well play my 'role'.

"it would simply not do to disappoint your highness' expectations, no? how could such a humble servant as i refuse you?" she said, her reverence and self-depreciation an irony in itself. with both hands outstretched in front of her, she accepted the pouch, head bowed in submission. "you can count on your ever-so-faithful servant, your highness."

soon after, the other left her to her own thoughts. only then did she rise from her curtsy, thus, bringing us back to the present.

glaring at the pouch, she nearly chucked the thing into the nearest garbage bin, but stopped herself. regardless of her personal feelings about this whole encounter, the money would indeed be useful, even if it felt dirty.

─────​

up ahead the path were her 'team-mates', if one could even call them that. their situation was more along the lines of enemies-with-a-common-goal. noé, however, didn't seem to see it that way, because, soon after she entered the area, he immediately raised his guard. and here i thought he would've matured over the break.

"i had hoped to apologise for making you wait so long! look at you, simply burning in anticipation for me," she commented, arms crossed and unimpressed by the the fire that sheathed his arms. nothing particularly new in their exchange. it's doubtful that he would actually attack her in so open an area, but one can never be too careful with this mercurial prince. as a precaution, she mimicked his readiness, taking off the glove on her right hand and setting that same hand on the cork of the flask should she swiftly need access to some water. "how flattering, really, but you must move on, dear prince. do not worry your daddy dearest any more than you already undoubtedly have, your magnanimous magnificence."

as if on cue, she heard what seemed to be an eruption from outside, felt the shockwaves that reverberated in the ground; katya might have fallen had she not leaned on the wall for balance. its strange timing, almost comedic in nature, seemed like the culmination of their enmity, so, with a scowl, she turned to noé. "are you completely out of your mind?! if you did this...!" the look on his paling face, however, told her all she needed from him.

this isn't noé's doing. (and it's unlikely that this was the academy's doing either, since the teachers seemed to be doing their best to evacuate the students to the courtyard.) so, whose was it? what happened? were galina and gyleon alright? was this an attack? were they going to die?

no, let's stop thinking about this. it was distracting her from her responsibilities. as one of the seniors, she should be helping the teachers in leading the students to safety, not drowning in her thoughts. their safety was unlikely to be a point of contention, since the academy, after all, was full of talented instructors who would no doubt put their life on the line to protect their charges.

with that in mind, she instead tried to be useful in this crises by setting up some goals to complete:
- alert the infirmary
- find her friends​

but, before she could get to doing anything, she went under.

in only a matter of seconds, the hallway was flooded, with students and faculty members all clamouring and clashing against one another on their way to the courtyard, their supposed haven from this mess.

caught in the tide was katya, who struggled to stay afloat in this sea of people. a difficult feat, especially when she was constantly flung this way and that by the currents.

funny how she didn't need to be anywhere near the sea to be set off. already, she could feel her throat constricting, gasping for air in short, erratic bursts. "excuse..." she cried, but it might as well have been a silent plea against the din of the crowd, lost in the noise like flotsam at sea.

calm down. let's remember what they taught. deep breaths. feet planted firmly on the ground. eyes to the floor. resist the urge to flail for a lifesaver. dull her senses to the cacophony around her: the deafening screams, the thundering footfalls... she was a single still silhouette, the very juxtaposition to the relentless wave-after-wave of people.

who knows how many minutes she spent there, just steadying herself? but when she finally looked back up, the crowd had thinned. enough that she could easily weave her way back to the infirmary to accomplish one of her objectives.

after alerting doctor saran of the current situation, the doctor quickly instructed those available to start reinforcing their area before directing her to the courtyard with her satchel, a couple of first aid kits, and a few of the nurses and healers.

─────​

surprisingly enough, their group managed to make it to the courtyard without an incident, and just in time for the principal's speech. with the way her fortune's been going for the past few hours now, she was, truth be told, expecting the next bout of bad luck. was she going to end up stepping on some manure? perhaps she was about to fall into a ditch and break her leg in the process? activate a hidden mine?

and yet, none of that happened. nothing happened. the trip was smooth. suspiciously so. what, then, went wrong? did it... perhaps involve galina and gyleon's well-being? did they perhaps get into an accident along the way? or were they injured in whatever caused that massive explosion?

no, let's not jump to conclusions just yet. rather than worry about ifs and buts, she chose to pour all that leftover energy into searching for her companions; that being said, sorting through the myriad of people there was a difficult task.

"have you seen a blonde woman?" she'd ask. "about my height? gray eyes? with hair up to her back? she goes by the name of galina geas. might you have seen her?" and every single person, thus far, has given her a shake of the head. biting her lip, her eyes shifted to and fro, looking for any sign of that particular shade of blonde.

she almost feared the worst until she saw a familiar shape near griffin, the walking landmark himself. that has to be her! the tension that that had been building up in her shoulders finally slackened when she saw that, indeed, it was galina.

"galina!" she rejoiced and engulfed her lady in her arms. "oh, thank the stars that you are unharmed, dear! let me look at you." taking a step back, katya circled her friend, preening and checking her over in the process.

only after she finished did she notice gyleon standing nearby. "and hello to you, too, gyleon!" she chirped, still as elated as she had been at seeing galina. just as she had done with the other, she looked him up and down for anything she might need to fix before nodding, satisfied that he didn't seem to be hurt. only a couple of scuff marks, really.

tears of relief inadvertently escaped her, but she quickly moved past that moment of vulnerabilitiy by jumping into what she knew best: humor. "i trust that all was well in your swim here? as for myself, i was positively drowning in people. sardines in a can, if you will.

"but i digress. i suppose i must tackle the elephant in the room." that being the attack on the academy. "do either of you perhaps know what exactly is going on? the principal mentioned forming teams, taking up arms to protect the academy. against an unknown force." wasn't that a rather preposterous notion? wouldn't risking the lives of these students, some of which were nobles, be cause for complaints for their relatives? regardless of how powerful the principal was. if anything, this might be seen by some as an opportunity to shaft the man. "us, students. people unsuited for the job. yes, let us of course send them into battle." because that's the fastest way to receiving a lawsuit. she sighs in an almost comical fashion before turning to the two, brows furrowed and arms waving about in exasperation. "are there no instructors around to do such things? must the students put their life on the line? would it not make more sense to evacuate?" i cannot be the only one opposed to this, no? looking around, she had hoped to see perhaps a sympathetic face, a cowering figure. instead, most of everyone, to her eye, seemed to be gearing up! even some of the first years, who likely were injured from their battles, were volunteering themselves in groups. as if this was just another part of the routine. (which,─she thought, vehemently─was not!)

evidently, even if she did throw and outburst, chances are that she'd just end up shut down by a bunch of gung-ho teenagers looking for excitement and thrill. "ughh... i suppose never mind me."

well, if she can't beat them, join them. and make sure they all come back safe and sound by beating into them some precautions. "i suppose we still need one more member, no? to fill up our happy little team. how does another water mage sound? us three could pool our expertise together, while galina covers up for any of our, ahem, many weaknesses. do give me a moment, no?"

katya walked to the front of the crowd, and in as loud a voice as she could muster, yelled. "attention everyone!" but it was lost in the noise. understandable, given the almost deafening chatter.

what if i get someone to amplify my voice? that way, everyone would listen to her, no? with that idea in mind, she walked off to find meili, one of the more advanced wind mages in their level. after pestering them for a bit, they quickly gave in and bent the winds into her personal megaphone. With that out of the way, she started over. "attention, everyone!" this time, a few heads turn to her. finally.

"now, i understand that you all must be raring to go, but i must implore you all to exercise discretion. and that there is no glory in running straight to your doom, without any plan! so, before any of you leave, please get yourselves checked with the nurses and please, i must insist that each group take a first-aid kit along with you! Please approach the nurses for those." hopefully, they'll take that advice.

before she left the 'spotlight', she made one last announcement, this time, about her group: "and, might i ask, are there are any water mages here?"
code by fudgecakez
pp: i gave up writing halfway and i hate everything :^)
Ill pr after i finish dlc and skyheart
just lemme know if i need to edit something or if i was godmodding or something

Be-Funky-collage-1.jpg
Elijah & Ellis.

Location? Courtyard
Interactions? Griffin, Noé, Viola, Seraphina
Mood? Confused (Ellis), In pain (Elijah)
Tags? AdmiralNeko AdmiralNeko s e v e n s e v e n Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50

The ground trembled, alarming the cousins that something wasn’t right. Especially the instructions they received to go to the courtyard immediately was all too unsettling. They both went down immediately as they were supposed to without a second thought to be spared. Ellis huffed as she got there in record time, looking around to find her cousin as she was most worried about him. Biting her bottom lip as her eyes shifted from one side to another. Heart thumping faster as she couldn’t seem to spot hem as fast as she thought she would. Fidgeting with the hem of her sleeve as she walked into the new direction where people were being assembled by no one other than the principal himself. Seeing that the man was in a tense state, she now definitely knew they were all in danger. Eventually – while listening to the principal – she found Elijah standing a bit further away from where she was situated. Relief was the first thing she felt.

Noticing the giant of a student joining the group, Elijah thought he was being too loud for his own good. It wouldn’t be weird if he was the first one to be spotted with his demeanor. Rubbing the bridge of his nose as he felt a headache coming up when seeing the first years acting up like this. But well… it seemed like the second years weren’t any better in this. Just as he was about to go talk to Ellis, he was locked in the grip of Viola. The tight grip made him clench his teeth as a bang of pain shot through his entire body. Undoing her grip from him, he smiled gently into her direction. Placing his hand on the side of his torso, putting pressure on it which hurt… a lot. He then nodded into Ellis’ direction when Noé asked about her whereabouts. ”She’s fine.” Ellis smiled towards Elijah and the others with a short wave before going to Griffin.

Ellis blinked rapidly as some piece of clothing got tossed to her head once again. Immediately recognizing the booming voice which was hard to not know about. The titan. She jogged over to him and decided to join his team since they had some kind of synergy from the battle they did not too long ago. Also, he was pretty armed up which she could take use of. Clenching her hands into fists as she wanted this to be over with as soon as possible and everything to turn back to normal because she was having a weird feeling about this. Unease…

Seeing they only needed one more person, he waved over the strawberry blonde girl he met before in the library. This made four. ”I saw some people running behind the combat grounds, we could start searching there.” He said, trying to distract their focus for if they noticed his behavior from just now. He pushed his elbow into the wound on his side, trying to make it as natural as possible as he moved forward. He couldn’t back out now that they were in this situation. Convincing himself that the wound wasn’t that deep so he could keep on going. Everything was going to be fine! Right?

Immediately Gyleon wondered why he ever tried to be kind to the woman named Yekaterina. He tries to go out his way to be kind to her and she responds as if her brain has short circuited and hell has frozen over just because he tries to be thoughtful. He supposed he didn't expect it but showing some gratitude of some kind would have been nice instead of her immediately trying to change and move on from the subject. Even with those grievances however; he did have to admit that he'd rather get a shirt on sooner than later and avoid having to travel to the dorms to retrieve one while exposing himself to the public. He could only grimace at the ostentatious and frilly dress shirt provided as he preferred a more subtle and uniform look, but his troubles only truly began when she jokingly offered to dress the boy with that annoyingly eloquent wording.

"Though i know how difficult it is to imagine with how you act, you are by technicality a noble and not a common servant. More importantly than that; i am capable of dressing myself as you are aware-" Gyleon complained to Yekaterina, cutting himself off slightly at the end. Though he loathed the idea; he was still in fact recovering from his injuries and had his anxieties about reopening them as unlikely as such a prospect is. "...Very well, that may indeed be the safest option with the current frailty of my body..." he ended up half-heartedly agreeing with a heavy sigh after debating the pros and cons of such an action.

Though it was initially innocent enough; Gyleon would quickly come to regret his decision as Yekaterina moved on to buttoning up his shirt. She was almost uncomfortably intimate in the process of doing so and the slight brushes of his skin that were claimed to be accidental only aided in the flushing of his face due to embarrassment. Perhaps something only perpetuated by television from his previous world; he could not help but be reminded of loving girlfriends or wives performing such an act in a similar way and he became overly conscious of the woman in front of him as a result. The comments about him being "fetching" only added to his troubles but for better or worse it came off as more motherly or sisterly due to the phrasing.

While he was about to make his way off with the task complete, he was soon stopped and confused as a result of Yekaterina's actions of drawing water to herself. "What do you mea-" was all that he managed to get out in response to being told to brace himself before he was suddenly hit with her magic and it began slithering around his face down his body. Although some spluttering from surprise came of it, he was not too much worse for wear and even cleaner than he was originally as the water drained and he was dried with a towel. "I believe most would handle my cleaning prior to dressing myself or the fresh shirt would become wet. The only saving grace is that we are both water mages but do try to remember that in the future." he said with yet another sigh following afterward.

Waving the two girl's farewell, Gyleon made haste to the classroom in which he would be taking his test, or at least to the degree he was willing to with his injuries. He held hope that he would not be too late to take part in the testing but another part of himself was also more than happy to have extra time to study so he would obtain a better score. Mid-way there however; he was met with the sound and tremors of an explosion the likes he'd never experienced in this new life of his so far. Initially he was rather shocked, confused, and worried but he tried to rationalize the situation with thoughts of being a result of the second year's fight or magical experiment gone awry. Whatever the case may be, the school's staff including the principal himself began acting and directing all the students towards the courtyard.

Although the resulting flood of bodies did manage to jostle him around a tad, Gyleon managed to make it to the courtyard unscathed, if slightly more unkempt. After seemingly all the students managed to arrive and a long feeling number of minutes managed to pass, the principal began his speech regarding the situation. In reality, it was more accurate to call it a simple declaration rather than a speech. Enemies had managed to somehow make it onto the heavily fortified campus and it was such a dire situation that teams of students would be assembled to help combat the unknown enemy. As if to further emphasize the severity of the situation, the principal then quickly made his way off to help deal with the situation himself.

Enemies? Gyleon had to wonder who in their right mind would invade the very center of magical teaching for Cathonia, let alone who could in fact manage to breach the surrounding protective dome. Was this a declaration of war by another country or kingdom or was this a group of terrorists seeking to overthrow the noble hierarchy by attacking it's future? Either way, it didn't matter as he had been given his duty and needed to form a team, preferably with his friends who he wished to confirm the safety of. Despite the danger and tension of the situation, Gyleon couldn't help but feel an anxiety that was previously hidden up until now finally calm itself in the back of his mind. He had truly come to another world where he could experience excitement and be someone. Though his expression remained grave, his eyes now held the glint of ambition and will that they had not before.

Luckily it did not take too long for Gyleon to find to find both Galina and Yekaterina tending to the former while attracting some attention in the bustle of the situation. "A pleasure to see i am merely an afterthought" he smirked and said as a joking response when compared to Galina's fanfare. "I'm fine, you saw me just a couple minutes ago. You worry too much." he complained and sighed as Yekaterina at least gave him a similar look over as Galina received. He was going to say something about seeing Yekaterina shed some tears for a moment but the opportunity was quickly lost to her momentum of forcing out a terrible joke and then adressing the current situation. Somehow this topic rather quickly and unfortunately devolved into a rather one-sided rant about sending students into battle against an unknown enemy.

Gyleon understood Yekaterina's misgivings with the situation as a fellow otherworlder and that she was weak to such stressful situations so he simply tried maintain a neutral expression throughout her venting. Maybe it was due to his personality, history, and awakening his memories at an early age; but Gyleon did not hold onto the ideals of his past life nearly as strongly as Yekaterina seemed to have. He had his own disagreements with the way things were but for the most part he simply embraced the culture that was around him. He was more than ready to fight to a fair degree in the first year duels and was prepared for the injuries that it would entail as much as it hurt like hell. She may not have realized it but if they were going to far as to recruit the students, the situation must be rather dire itself and he was ready to fight for his and his friend's safety if it comes to that. Even with those thoughts in mind, he held his tongue, allowing the woman to get the frustrations out of her system.

Thankfully, before Gyleon lost his patience, Yekaterina managed to finally calm herself and realize that what she was doing was of no help before she ran of to do who knows what. "...You would think she was a wind mage with her storm like existence bringing chaos in its wake" He said with a sigh half jokingly as he turned his attention to Galina with an awkward smile. "Its a bit late but since i didn't get the opportunity to say it until now; I'm glad you're safe." Though he wanted to say more, he was neither skilled or confidant enough with his words to say much more, especially when he was worried about what kind of mess Yekaterina would cause. Thankfully he didn't have to wait too long before she started her magically amplified announcement.

Though both the advice and sentiment of Yekaterina's speech was good, Gyleon was left questioning how many people would actually listen and how long it would last in the heat of the moment. The real problem began however once she started addressing the crowd for a last member. If she had taken a moment to listen to the two before she ran off, she would be aware that they already had a member in mind that they could pick supposing he hadn't already. Before she could make even more of a fool of herself, Gyleon forced his way to the front and grabbed the girl by the scruff to drag her back to Galina.

"If you had given us a moment to speak instead of running off to embarrass yourself in front of a crowd, you would be aware that i already had someone in mind that fit what you were looking for." Camille, a first year water mage that i managed to become acquainted with here. Galina knows him as well so it'd work better than some random stranger." Gyleon explained tiredly while scolding his bird brained friend. With a sigh and a quick glance around, he luckily managed to spot the young man, although his hair did seem to be slightly different and his posture was a bit off. On spotting the person in question, he approached with a firm grip still on Yekaterina's scruff to make sure she could not escape and cause more problems. "Hello Camille,As you have probably heard; we have a spot open for our team and we're looking for a water mage. Someone familiar would be preferable but i wont push it if you've already joined a group."

Interactions: pinnasina pinnasina Yekaterina Van Der Zee s e v e n s e v e n Viola Argent IG42 IG42 Galina Geas Paltajayd Paltajayd Camille Beaumont

Mood: Exasperated

Wandering through the crowd with intent on finding someone familiar Seraphina paused when she saw a familiar face. Elijah. To her surprise it seemed that the two of them had locked gazes as he motioned for her to join him, and who she assumed to be companions of his. Smiling softly she moved to go towards the three, but a thought tugged her mind, causing her to look towards one of the teachers. Walking to over to them the girl asked softly, "Would you be kind enough to bring these things to my dorm room? My name is Seraphina. I just don't want to lose them," handing the teacher her book and slipping off her shoes to give to them as well. With a somewhat confused looked the teacher agreed, but their confusion soon faded after Seraphina smiled warmly at them. After giving them her thanks the marquess made quick hast to get to the wind affinity mage she had met on her first day.

Before she got the chance to really introduce herself Elijah had made it known that he witnessed mysterious figures running towards the forest behind the combat area. But as she looked at him she could feel that something wasn't quiet right with the boy. The vibrations he gave emitted were different than the normal ones he produced when they first met. Plus Flora's trained eyes help to aid that his posture was off a bit. Seraphina felt though that she shouldn't cause worry to the other two people in their group. Instead she reached out and grabbed Elijah by the hem of his shirt, giving it a gentle tug, "Elijah wait," she said softly, "I don't think it's wise of us to just blindly follow in the direction of whoever these people were that you saw. We should have some sort of plan or at least figure out what roles each of us are going to play."

To Noé and Viola she probably seemed a little too worried, but that was probably a slight understatement. This whole thing had a terrible pit forming in Seraphina's stomach, especially if her hunch about Elijah was correct. Letting go of the older boy's shirt she gazed at him, Viola, and Noé, "I just want us to come back in relatively the same condition we leave in. Not anything worse," her honey colored gaze fell on Elijah when she said that last part before quickly adverting it back to the twins. Part of her wished that they would all come up with a loose plan on how to go about this as opposed to following the culprits with no bases of what each person's role would be. The other part wished that she did have her over-protective brother close by.

Interactions: Clouds Clouds s e v e n s e v e n

T
H
E

T
W
I
N
S

X
X
X
X
X

X
X
X
X
X

There was a girl.

Noé felt an undesirable emotion setting within him, an immense sense of guilt within a twinge of jealousy, that such a thought even crossed his mind in this time of crisis. A pink haired girl, surely she would not have been hard to miss, even for himself. And he knows all of Elijah’s friends- well, at least he thought he did. Most chances were that she was a first year- oh, what is he thinking? It was not as though he owned the boy. He was even the one who invited her over, first. Meanwhile the twins had invited themselves in.

It, however, had not stopped him to form a nasty remark.

How about you put a sock in it and let the seniors do the thinking, doll-face?

Noé!

Viola stared at him, eyes widened and jaw unhinged. Even he was surprised by his behavior, yet even so, he had not showed it. Scowling, he crossed his arms and clicked his tongue. Viola herself had not understood what had gotten him so upset, so quickly, though was that anything odd? The boy had not the best of temperaments, after all. She had only gotten used to it. Even so, was it not slightly uncalled for?

I’m sorry,” the girl smiled towards the strawberry-blonde. “He’s not usually like this. I, er, I guess we’re all under pressure, huh?” Viola laughed, a way to lighten the mood. After all, she believes that everything would be okay. As long as she and her twin were together, what is it to be so scared about? It was naïve, yet she truly believes that as long as they were unseparated, nothing in the world, the heavens or Cathonia, could defeat them. “I hate that we can’t meet under better circumstances, but this calls for a short introduction!

This is Noé, my brother.” Viola gestured, then he too made a gesture that she quickly had to cover to ensure the positivity of the event. “And my name’s Viola. We are happy to meet you-

Happy my arse,” he grumbled, and Viola turned to look at him, who had his gaze fixated on the groups rushing to follow the ones towards combat grounds. She was unsure if he was only distracted, or simply chose to not look at them. Then the thought clicked to her- a bit later than she expected, but she understood. Twin telepathy, they called it, and the Argent twins can report for its authenticity. He too perhaps noticed that she had caught on, for then he only huffed, stubbornly, to underline his point. A part of her was amused, yet another felt the need to put in a word or two for him as the situation subsides.

Anyway…” she continued, her hands behind her back. “]You make a good point, er- I don’t think I have gotten your name yet,” Viola tilted her head. “A strategy is good. I’m a light user, my twin is a fire mage. Our usual team-work is that I serve as a support-slash-healer while he does the BOOM BOOM!” Her hands pumping in the air in an exaggerated manner, followed by a small jump. Upon the lack of reaction, she laughed nervously. “Er…you get?

mood: bitch mode awkward | location: courtyard | time: 12PM
code: s e v e n s e v e n XXXinteraction: Clouds Clouds Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 XXXmentions: n/a

Mary

A soft shining was visible in the darkest corner of the forest. A pair of golden eyes accompanied by snow white locks of hairs was standing in the midst of the glow surrounding her. It slowly ebbed away as she watched the situation unfold in front of her. Eyes keeping track of the students scattering all over the place, some with a plan in their mind while others trusted their intuition. She hummed as she wrote down the words in her golden decorated notebook. Black ink filling the pages up in a rapid speed as she kept track of everything before closing it for now. Sitting down on a fallen tree, she waited for the outcome of this event with the possibility of one of the students finding her before that could even happen.

HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Femboy Femboy AdmiralNeko AdmiralNeko Akudon Akudon Cenedril Cenedril Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 Cosmos Cosmos Paltajayd Paltajayd IG42 IG42 pinnasina pinnasina s e v e n s e v e n Risotoo Risotoo

Yekaterina's voice turned out to be more like a bothersome background noise, not as annoying as those bossa novas his past life self remembered at the hotels endlessly being repeated, but her comments got her pretty close to earn a "nobility title" at his "annoyance ranking". Thankfully she retracted and started acting more condescending towards them, and at this point is were his eyes started recognizing her facial features, he'd seen her before at his southern hometown at least a couple times. The Van de Zee known as the last name of a merchant family, owner of a thriving local port and the commoner girl. Camille hadn't really heard much from the magic talents of the baron's latest acquisition or her past as someone who was once just like him. Being a daughter of a baron, did it change her at all? He knew nothing, yet he tried hard to remember what little info was in his head around Yekaterina's life, connecting strings that in the end, led to nothing and more questions he had to answer.

"Thanks a lot." He answered to the indications given before she left them. His first impression on who was now recognized as a town neighbor reminded him of the romantic mangas Benedict used to read as a kid, making Camille cringe at the memories of rubbish dialogues and scenes that led to never ending corny texts. It was the inspiration for his first and only he'd movie script ever made, the reason for the demise of his writing career and further pursuit of his model job. Benedict's soul wasn't meant to be a writer obviously, he thought while wandering through the short hallways of the academy. Alice being around him as they went on with the quest to find the test place did help him somehow to manage and shake away those awkward moments from his head. With breath always controlled to save away the pain, Camille asks wondering on the task lying further ahead "What's the test about anyw-"

The powerful boom that shook the whole facility and the students caught Camille off guard, immediately questioning himself what that could've caused the whole mess. The screams and terror coming from other hallways infused fear on him, fear for himself in his current state, Alice and the rest of the people who weren't able to handle magic at all. His voice went for a short command not deviating his sight from the crowd ahead of them "Let's get moving". And so he tried to speed up his steps all the way to were the mobs of people were running to panicking and frightened, behind them to not get sucked in and end up fainting from his incapacity to breath properly, that would be the end for him right there.

The whole student body lied there, in the middle of the courtyard attentive to the principal's short speech. Should students really go into battle? Are the first years even fully capable of being introduced in war mayhem without receiving sufficient training to fight? His point of view as a future fully fledged artist whose water tricks would captivate people's hearts had a different opinion on the matter, but who else could help if there wasn't any guards around to protect them? The nobility's future generations were in danger, and he couldn't believe it, but not only them, but people like him too. And if there was no one else to keep them safe, of course they'd have to fight by themselves.

A faint call was heard. Discerning what it was trying to say was too hard amongst the chatter of those surrounding the pair, he couldn't understand. But a minute passed and there it was, loud and clear. First, a call for prudence, and later on a call for someone to volunteer coming from the mistress herself, Lady Van der Zee made her appearance once again.

As he heard the call for any water mage around to join a team, a strange sensation of warmth came to his heart, the feeling of home and a sense of belonging arose out of the whole mess of a situation they were all currently immersed in. He wanted to help, looking many distressed and hopeless faces wasn't something he'd enjoy, or anyone for sure, he thought. Sympathy and compassion for the others grew within him, even if he wasn't capable of helping that much, whatever little aid he could give as a first year at instances like this would be necessary to help those who can't defend themselves. The principal's precise message strengthened his beliefs, and the sudden appear of Gyleon, injured too but already volunteering for the defense cause fostered his sentiments even more. His formality struck him at first, but naturally the offer was transmitted nice and clear, to which Camille had one response in mind "Sure bro-" he shut his mouth right before that last word, wishing cathonians had that in their vocabulary.

"Alice we're gonna have to split up if we want to help here. Go find a team and help us defend the academy." Speaking to his friend fast enough for it to be understood, the circumstances justified the hastyness.

"Take care"

And off he went with the group of water mages, more confident than before, impulsed by his sense of duty, the trust he had in Gyleon, and a second chance for Yekaterina to redeem herself in Camille's mind from her poor presentation.

Interactions: pinnasina pinnasina Akudon Akudon Femboy Femboy
Mentions: IG42 IG42
Mood: Courageous

There was an obvious sign of shock as it was written all over Seraphina's face. But soon her expression turned into a rather angry pout as her eyes narrowed and her cheeks puffed up with air a bit. Though in the blink of an eye her expression returned to a blank canvas as her mother's teachings echoed in her head, reminding her not to stoop to other's levels when angered. Rather take a moment to collect ones self and promptly give no verbal acknowledgement to the incident. Life is too short to spend bickering every time someone says something rude, but not too short put them back in their place when the need arises. So Seraphina took a deep breath and brushed Noé's remark to the side for this was no time for petty arguments indeed.

Seraphina instead turned her gaze towards the red haired girl as she had begun speaking. "It's quite alright since this was completely out of the blue. I don't believe any of us were expecting such an event when our parents sent us here," the earth mage replied sweetly to Viola, with a smile to match. When the girl introduced herself and her twin brother she nodded slightly, raising a brow though at Noé's injection of displeasure. He was a bitter one this Noé. Once again brushing his comments aside the marquess bowed her head as she introduced herself, "It's a pleasure to meet you both, I'm Seraphina." Standing straight again, adjusting her posture a bit, Seraphina continued to smile at Viola.

When the female twin got around to Seraphina's earlier statement regarding forming some sort of plan, she was surprised to hear what magic they possessed. Light and fire. Though for some reason with how Noé was speaking it seemed almost fitting that his element was fire. Nodding her head Seraphina took in what their strengths were,
"I see," she hummed softly, chuckling at Viola's gesture as the gears in her head turned. Concocting a formation and roles of each of them. It would probably be best for Viola to stay in the middle while her brother stayed closer towards the front, that way the girl is at least covered by the rest of them. After realizing that she had spaced out momentarily Seraphina snapped back to reality, "Apologies," she chuckled slightly embarrassed. With her mind back in the present the girl placed her hand on her chest before speaking again, "I myself am an earth user, and am skilled in both offensive attacks and defense. Although I don't really enjoy violence all too much I work more with trapping and encasing people rather than fighting them outright."

Tags: s e v e n s e v e n Clouds Clouds

Galina Geas
Despite her continuing concern for her friends Galina had little to do except watch Griffin's random arm wrestle grudge match with an almost equally buff girl and get ready to knuckle down for the next exam when the room was rocked by an explosion that nearly threw her from her seat. "Scheisse." She breathed on reflex as she straightened then raised her voice. "What just happened?" Half jumping out her skin when Griffin tried to contest the explosion for sheer loudness she was on her feet and heading outside without needing his manhandling.

Out in the courtyard she pushed through the confused crowd in search of Katya and Gyleon, so focused was she that even when forced to stop so the headmaster could lay out his plan to throw random students at the problem Galina was still glancing around. Taking the instruction to form groups as permission to resume her search and spotted Katya not long after, rushing forward she all but knocked the wind out of her bestie in returning the hug then talked over her chatter. "Are you alright Birdie? Yes yes I'm completely fine." Once she was satisfied that Katya was unharmed she turned to Gyleon and took a step forward to embrace him too but stopped short and patted his shoulders instead. "It's good to see you unhurt too Gyleon."

Looking up at the last member she favoured him with a confident smile and nodded. "You ready for this Camille?" While she had been introduced to him since she had arrived but this would be her first time working closely with him.

pinnasina pinnasina Akudon Akudon Paltajayd Paltajayd

Day 2 (School)

Mood
: ...
Interaction: Cenedril Cenedril

The grassy knolls prickled against her arms, her elbows driving between the dirt. Ghosts rushed past her amidst the chaos, all racing towards their non-existent sanctuary.

Liz pushed shakily to her knees before being stampeded back into the ground. The earthen smell was pungent in the air as the soil beneath her skidded against her body. Reaching a hand out, she managed to snag one of the crowd's foot before being kicked off, the woman swallowed by the sea of students.

Bright shards of pain suddenly dug in her mind, memories and fragments shifting together and interlocking, scarves naught but torn and sewn together, not right. Smoke and ash raining down on her bed, sunlight streaming by two crying figures, or was that her?

I don't know I don't know I don't kn–. She looked up only to find a shadow staring right back at her, hands outstretched.

"Kirin, is that you?"

She didn't receive a reply as her stilted mind finally caved in, her consciousness fading away. She tried with all her might to keep his memory, but it was carried away by the tides, its remains quickly scattered amongst other regions of her being.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back