• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Clouds

Roleplay Availability
My Interest Check
2076c0a2f0d425e49203cbb11f0a8746.jpg
Welcome to Cathonia

You died on Earth due to [insert tragic death scene here] however your will to live was strong, so strong even that you got “transported” to the reception area of God himself. There his advisor sat down behind a wooden, polished desk, eyeing you from top to bottom as if she was scanning your entire being. Writing down some words which were necessary for your evaluation. She offered you a seat to sit down in right in front of her, well the only other seat that was standing in the white room. With a soft voice she said: “Welcome to God’s reception. My name is Mary and I will be helping you to find a new place for you to live in. Now, you must wonder why you were chosen…” Tapping her finger thrice against the wood. “God has a soft spot for people like you. He witnessed your death which was quite… unfortunate and he wanted to give you a second chance. You can, of course, decline the offer and you will be sent to your appropriate final stop.” She paused as she waited for your answer which was positive, she smiled gently and nodded.

“Before we can continue, you will need to answer my questions so we can put you in the right place.” She instructed, turning over one of her paper sheets which revealed a list. Instead of asking for them, she handed the list over to you as there was just too much to be filled in. Giving you the time that you needed without rushing as she continued with her other work in the meantime.

Once you were finished, she took the list back and ran over it quickly, calculating which “position” you would get in this new world. She hummed with a nod as she knew exactly what. “So, now that you’ve filled this in, I’ll be sending you over to the planet Ostreo. The kingdom you will be brought up in is Cathonia which is thriving both in economics and has good school facilities. Now, the world is a little bit different from yours. You could say they are still in the “medieval” phace with buildings, clothes, etc. But this world has magic which yours hadn’t which might be interesting to you. The only downside of this all is that you’re actually going to be reborn. You will still have your memories but you will have to start anew. Yes, from childbirth onward which is not negotiable. I will check up on you once in a while to see how everything is going, but I can’t do much when I’m there as then I will be interfering with God’s will which is a big no-no.” She said, laughing sheepishly with a sense of fear of losing her job if she did so. “If you would be nice enough to stand in the glowing circle over there, you’ll be transported in a second.” Pointing towards the circle in front of the door. Once you were on it, she waved before you disappeared with the words “good luck”.

8d108cdf13078f38bf51fc5b76dbf40a.jpg

About Magic
❁ The commonness of magic ranges from Earth to Light while Dark magic is forbidden: Earth > Wind > Water > Fire > Light > Dark
❁ Light magic: A very rare magic that only a number of people can attain.
❁ Dark magic: Dark magic is considered dangerous, so it’s forbidden, and its very knowledge has been concealed from everyone. The dark magic was forbidden because there’s a ritual that’s required in order to acquire dark magic. It needed a sacrifice of another person with magic. This magic is unknown to others and only the highest-ranking people in the country know of it.

About Cathonia
❁ Thriving kingdom.
❁ Magic school can be entered from the age of 16.
❁ Epithets are: Royalty > Duchess/Duke > Marquess/Marquis > Countess/Count > Baron/Baroness > Commoner

Rules
❁ Max. 2 characters per person.
❁ Intermediate level of writing (1 decent paragraph (15 sentences), preferably more).

The start
The RP will start at the age of 16, so you will have gone through quite a bit already. You will start going to the Magic Academy where you’ll learn to control your magic (if you haven’t already). The school takes only 2 years before you can graduate. You can have pre-established relationships with other people or NPCs.

Last edited:
interested. Also, would someone with an affinity for earth magic be able to manipulate/control metal, or would that be a sub-category? and if my character was a gunsmith in his previous life, would he be able to put that knowledge and skill to use, using magic instead of gunpowder or enchanted weaponry?

interested. Also, would someone with an affinity for earth magic be able to manipulate/control metal, or would that be a sub-category? and if my character was a gunsmith in his previous life, would he be able to put that knowledge and skill to use, using magic instead of gunpowder or enchanted weaponry?
Here I was wanting to be Solid Snake
Then you go and say something actually useful

Hmm, well being an Isekai sounds fun...but I want conquest! I want power! I want...the royal throne!

....okay, maybe that's a bit of a stretch, but still.

War....War never changes

As the Secret service agent for Sam&Max (Telltale games) sang, "War, what is it good for? It's good for you, it's good for me!"

(Not lying, go check it out on YouTube if you dont believe me. Just type in War What is It good for Sam and Max, and it should pop up.)

HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest That is a nice idea actually. But he’ll first need to master his earth techniques before he can move to a sub category which would probably be more like after his graduation from the magic academy. He would be the first one to invent guns so it will take a bit of effort to get there if you’re up for that.

Kingly K Duel Kingly K Duel Conquests will first be in the form of “tests” where their abilities get tested to the limit and boundaries can be overcome. Do not underestimate these tests as there will be plenty of combat and tactics necessary. More into the storyline, there might be certain events as well.

so is it 1 element 1 person or is it like - there's a list of elements and you can use more than one, but everyone has a dominant element?

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Your status will be chosen by me actually. As in, you had the choice of being reincarnated but you can't choose which kind of family you will be born into. (This will be done by reading your character sheet and deciding which would be more interesting and by rolling dice.)

yeah a general feel of each element might be useful cuz like lightning...is that a sub of air...sub of fire...sub of light...or is more a "if you can tie the concept to the thing - go for it"

AdmiralNeko AdmiralNeko Mhm... I would say fire is more suitable with electricity but it's a big question mark on that one. I'd prefer keeping it with the elements I listed above for now and see how it goes with those.

Virgin Wind Mages: Air Bubbles, Wind Strikes and Cyclones
Chad Snakes: Sound Nullification Air Bubbles, Oxygen Manipulation and Bending Wind Currents to Go Invisible

I'd love to play a character who is like "I know how this fantasy shit works. There's got to be some sort of forbidden, super powerful black magic and I want it."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back