• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Yemaya City] Project 10

Oliver
86df8154377c9965fae28a1c9338cf0b.jpg

....Seriously...? Seriously...?

Pointing fingers and bitching and moaning already?

Come now the work hasn't even begun and... Gods... He'd probably have to begin the damn opperation himself at this rate, he'd take help from a cat if it meant hurrying along to get people out of that damned rubble. The elf sighed, shaking his head. "Theres a time and place for figuring out such things... And theres a time and place for action.. Knowing the right times to begin squabbles in earnest can save the life of tens and more men dieing, or dead and can be returned, in the streets of the city we speak of..." Oliver said his piece, mostly to himself, and cracked his neck.

"I shall be outside, when the operation is ready, I shall be available. I've never been a politician." with time ticking.. he may need to put forward a task force he could find amongst the crowd... maybe some strong burly but silent and capable of subterfuge folk...

He'd exit the tent and gave a look around the area, trying to spot if there were any capable looking folk amongst the...

...The....

His eyes landed on the literal Nazi party currently walking into the encampment... yes he assumed alot of strange people could be sent into this world after he saw a litteral Russian Soldier and her BEAR but... part of him didn't think he'd see a literal...

With accompanying patrol of gas masked patrol group...

How in the fuck was he to react to this. Nobody seemed to know who they were... otherwise there'd be a panic. The armed squad was not even so much as looked at with too much suspicion...

Not like he was a part of what groups they... may be after... he'd think... he did consider what they may be after if dropped into a fantasy world... Human Supremacist...? Could be... he considered this and let out a small sigh. "Well, i hope they don't cause any trouble..." he says to himself, trying to take heart he could summon lightning on a whim... Then he thought about it for a second... trained soldiers... leadership somewhat capable.... if harnessed these folks could be what he needed...

Though it'd mean allying with the literal Reich...

Strange bedfellows...

Heres hoping they were still good people... Despite leanings... he would approach approach the group, eyes trained upon the Soldat's weaponry... he had experience with the Germans, his wife for one. Perhaps this may help in his communication.

He'd start with a joke, but German humor is no laughing matter.

"Here for help, or aid, Travelers? There are many afflicted by the ongoing troubles." he tried to keep it cool, he couldn't help but observe the gas masked soldiers with curiosity. "...Armed golems perhaps...?" he asked, knowing full when what they were... But... he was a sly old fool..

EMIYAman EMIYAman

c7367a5ee0e942f14464e7109fd237dc.jpg

Jareth Fletcher
| Human | Eyeglass Adept | Scorned | Ryken Adventurer F | Sandman | On the Wind | Mazerunner |
Scorned - Your character is seen as a pariah by the general public. You'll have increased chances of drawing the aggression of those around you. You'll also have increased chances of drawing the aid and support of characters that witness your hardship.
Sandman - character's body is made of sand. Is likely to leave sand behind wherever they go. Has an easier time staying together in moist environments and less windy days. Even when solid, can give off the impression they may blow away at any moment.
On The Wind - character is considered missing or actively avoiding being found. Can make it more difficult to establish trust with those they come in contact with. Those that know them already will not immediately recognize them.
Maze Runner - character has ran for their life in a confusing and trying place and situation. Character is more likely to perform better in confusing settings in the future where passive senses are not sufficient for getting through something under pressure. Increases ability to think on ones feet and improvise. More prone to finding themselves in similar difficult situations.

The outskirts of Yemaya had been lifeless and still. Now, however, as Hera and Jareth neared the ruined city's heart, a flurry of activity could be seen. Shadowy figures darted through the streets, all seemingly drawn to a specific location further in. Floating in the air above the burning city, bodiless heads with horrible maws shaped by evil grins scanned the ground below, firing beams of dark energy randomly from eyeballs held out on grotesque stalks that jutted from the heads exterior like hair. Jareth darted behind what remained of a wall and hunkered down behind it. He pressed a hand to the ground as his eyes narrowed in disbelief.

"There's so many of them....Your lord wanted you to come here by yourself?" Jareth asked glancing at Hera before returning his focus to the ground. "Those heads. I can't sense them if they don't touch the ground. What are those creatures?" While he waited for an answer, Jareth cupped his hands together in front of him. "Come on out Fleet. I need you to tell me what you can about the surroundings. Especially if there are subterranean passages we can use or that are occupied by hidden enemies."

Black matter streaked through Jareth's forearms, coalescing in his palms as his hands turned pitch black. A substance began bubbling up out of his palms, forming into a spherical shape. Two luminous eyes opened and stared unblinking at Jareth. "Ready? Here we go." Dropping one of his hands back down to the ground, Jareth focused on his tremorsense awaiting for the companion to see what there was to see.

Stats
  • Strength - F
  • Precision - B
  • Intelligence - C
  • Vitality - C
  • Speed - D

Senses
  • Supersense [Tremorsense] E (14) - 100ft radius
Passive Skills
  • Resistance [Physical] F
  • Regeneration F (6 post CD)
  • Resilient [Fatigue (caused by hunger, thirst, lack of sleep)] F
Items
  • Catalyst D (21)
  • Natural Armor (Heavy) E (21)
Fleet
3c043127fc8196e326dd00899ceab99e.jpg

Strength - F
Precision - F
Intelligence - E (7)
Vitality - B (28)
Speed - F

Sense

• Feature: Amorphous - Creature is composed of a malleable substance such as liquid or gas and can change its form freely.
Defensive
  • Change State E - Limiter 1: Permanent - The skill is always active in an ability at all times.
    • Change State F - can change into a liquid. cannot pickup solid objects. Cannot apply force greater than a gentle wave. Takes half the damage normally incurred as appropriate by narrator.
    • Change State E - can change into a gas. cannot affect things with more than a gentle wind. Is only minorly affected by attacks that don't affect the entirety of the character as determined by narrator.
Miscellaneous
  • Educated F - Stonemason: Architecture, Engineering, Mining
    • Architecture F - Character has knowledge of construction methods, architectural drafting, and more. A successful use of this Skill can also find weak points in constructions.
    • Engineering F - The use of scientific principles and experimental data to design and build equipment, structures, and useful devices.
    • Mining F - The knowledge of the processes and techniques to extract minerals and gemstones from dense rock formations.
Secondary
  • Investigation F - The talent for detective work – searching around for clues and making deductions based on those clues. Includes spotting the location of a hidden object and discerning from the appearance of a wound what kind of weapon dealt it.

Azusa
Final final Azusa.png

Azusa watched as the canine woman walked past her and made a comment. "What do you mean?" She inquired though it was already too late as the woman had now disappeared almost as quickly as she had appeared. What is going on here? This world is so strange. She thought to her herself as she twirled some hair around her finger. When the guards had allowed her entry, she took a few steps inside the camp. So the whole place seemed like something out of a movie.

Though she had to admit that the flaming city was a nice touch, at least artistically, shaking the thoughts from her mind, was then interrupted by the most unimaginable thing to happen a nazi. She faintly remembered a movie by a strange director with a foot fetish that revolved around killing nazis. Though pushing that to the back of her mind she cleared her throat.
"Well I have only just arrived myself, though I suppose the big tent at the center of the camp is a good place to start. At least that is what the guards said over there." Azusa suggested as she pointed to the large tent with several people outside of it.

Though that was just a hunch on her part but it was the best she had at the moment. With not much else to do, she started to walk deeper into the camp, as she saw more of it. The camp reminded her of a refugee camp back on earth, though the soldier had also called it a camp. Though she was curious to see what had happened to the city. The place was on fire. Though she didn't really know the reasoning behind it she figured it was some kind of disaster.

Moving closer to the tent that was mentioned by the guard she folded her arms across her chest as she walked.
"Well this play seems to be joyful." She muttered to herself, eventually reaching the flap to the tent. "Is the person in charge of this camp in the tent? I saw the city was on fire and was wondering if there was anything I could do to help." Azusa called out.

Mentions: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars eloise eloise Clyvelle Clyvelle Novama Novama conman2163 conman2163 EMIYAman EMIYAman

Count Linneus Light1670455581551.pngWalking in the city felt more dangerous than anything, and ironically enough the fires that were burning down homes and businesses were also providing some degree of warmth. That was the only reason she felt even remotely comfortable traversing the city on foot. But that comfort would not last very long as she spotted the first signs of movement. Soldiers and hounds as well as..."Fell Beholders." She followed Jareth as he took cover and she crouched down with him. No citizen in their right mind would do something to draw so much attention to themself so it had to be Michael. "What's he doing in a place like this?" The scout pondered while she looked upward to the sky. The beholders were the biggest threats here but she wasn't much of a fighter, but Jareth seemed to have some tricks up his sleeves. "Are you a skilled fighter at all?" She asked the young man.

Linneus was relieved that Marcellus had chosen to be his bannerman as that was one less problem that he would have to worry about. He nodded his head and gestured for Marcellus to rise as the food was being taken away. There was still the matter of Peng's lack of focus during the previous rescue attempts, but there would be time later to discuss the Quartermaster's shortcomings and failures. "Let us solidify our plan of action." The announcement of new arrivals would have irritated the Count had one they not brought with them more soldiers who could be of use during the next phase of the plan.

"Master Delselmon..." Linneus was confused by the elf's sudden departure after his declaration that he would resurrect the dead citizens. That meant he was the most vital part to this plan and yet he'd walked out before they could even begin discussing the plan in earnest. The situation was making him want to rip the hair from his head and scream to the heavens, but he needed his sanity. "Very well. There are many people still in the city alive and not who were are going to attempt to rescue or dig up. If no one is opposed then I would like to suggest we split up our forces. We can unearth victims and rescue more people this way and once the dead have been located we can have Master Delselmon performing his miracle to heal and resurrect as many as possible." Linneus grabbed three figurines and placed them on the map surrounding the location where Michael's spell went off. "We will have to find ways to then communicate with the elf that he is clear to go ahead and begin his spell." The plan that he proposed was simple, but he left the floor open to others to criticize it and improve it.

Novama Novama eloise eloise conman2163 conman2163 EMIYAman EMIYAman Dante Verren Dante Verren Orikanyo Orikanyo Clyvelle Clyvelle saxon saxon

Peng Deming
Interaction: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars conman2163 conman2163 Clyvelle Clyvelle eloise eloise
3073b1b9c1442dd31af153ce979a833a.jpg

Peng bowed his head in a mix of both acknowledgment and partial shame at his lord's anger. The count was correct in his anger of course. Peng should have been here earlier, of course there is a lot of things that Peng should have done over the course of the last day. Still that changed nothing. Turning to the scribe he bowed his head in respect, "Thank you for defending the camp. I heard of you rallying the men. You are a good man. I did lead an expedition group but upon encountering problems it was revealed I had neglected to set up necessary measures of escape, my haste to save lives but more in danger it seems. I moved to return with a group of civilians too come back here to correct my mistake when I caught sight of Lord Throne. My instincts told me to follow him, and my mind told me that the path should have been clear to make it back to camp. So I split off and followed the late advisor. That is how I observed him." Peng replied.

The mood quickly changed as dinner moved into planning. Peng watched silently as a plan was laid out. It was similar to the one that he had come up with on his first attempt at rescue for the city. The main problem was of course a way of maintaining communication. Communication between groups was something he had determined was crucial to his own failure. What would the group come up with? Peng wondered. For now he kept quiet, mulling over the ideas in his head. If he was going to try and make any attempts at modifying the plan he would need to be certain it would work. He had no more room or patience for error.

Monika Rommel
Mentions: saxon saxon Orikanyo Orikanyo

X719puJ.jpegAt the sound of Monika's voice the girl turned around to regard her. For a moment the expressions upon the girls face was one of abject surprise. Before it was brought down to a mild curiosity. Monika supposed that her and her men did cut for quite the strange figure, but reception to their presence was far more muted than she had first expected. They had drawn curious stares and the like but even the guards had left them be though not before pointing some strange orb at them, other than that it seemed as if they had not a care in the world that an armed force, even as small as they were, had entered. Though Monika was unsure if these people even had any idea what a "gun" was. That will be useful if she has to put any of them down... She inclined her head to Azusa nodding to her while she held the brim of her officers hat. Then stared at the tent she had pointed out. "I see... your cooperation is appreciated fraulein." Monika was polite but curt. And she soon left the girl to her own devices. Her soldiers following close behind making not a sound. The last one in her retinue lingered his eyes upon Azusa as he passed, before turning away.

Approaching the tent Monika questioned a guard stationed outside. He filled her in on the situation. The state of the burning city within eyeshot and the camp being made for the refugee's that came therein. Apparently Monika and her squad hadn't been seen as suspicious due the Count of the county they resided in sending out a call for special individuals who could aid in relief efforts. Namely "Healers" with the capability to revive the dead. Monika couldn't help but show some incredulity at such a statement. She knew that this world possessed magic and the things she had borne witness too in that forest attested to that fact as they could only be called such. Even her men had been reluctant to believe her at first, something she had corrected. But to revive the dead?

While she considered this information. Her attention was grabbed by a man exiting the tent in which the Count resided. It seems Monikas group has caught his attention as well as his eyes landed upon her and stopped. Similar to the girl he appeared surprised to see them. He muttered something under his breath before approaching them. The first thing that struck her was his features, at first glance she would have thought him a woman but a closer examination revealed what masculine features he had. His hair was long and resembled strands of gold, and above all that he was quite tall. He practically towered over her having more than a foot in height compared to Monika. Even her men were beaten by at least a few inches. She was somewhat startled by Oliver, but she was a woman working in an almost entirely male organization. She had long since gotten used to being literally looked down upon, she just made sure it didn't translate to their perception of her. Her presence demanded respect. She would not suffer to be looked down upon, not so long as her name is Rommel. She lifted the visor of her hat as she looked up at Oliver, one arm behind her back, her soldiers in formation behind her, and a piercing gaze leveled on him. "Ja, that is not far off... I see you emerged from the 'Counts' tent, It is my intention to meet him as well. Pray tell what was your business with him Herr...?" She lingered the question expecting him to give his name. Now that he was closer Monika got a good look; she noticed his ears which were definitely not human. It was obvious what he was, she recognized the characteristics of the race which she had read of in her youth. An Elf, a species that possessed lives measured in the centuries. A thing which once belonged to the pages of a fantasy novel stood before her. Her eyes narrowed as he made mention of "Golems", she recognized that word. Monika had picked up on it in confiscated Jewish mysticism texts. Those books were generally censored to the public but within the Schutzstaffel such works were readily available. Looking at Oliver Monika couldn't help but wonder if he was one of these "Healers" with the ability to deny death.

Last edited:
Oliver Delselmon

"To facilitate the resurrection of the populace enmass via direct magical intervention. Such I have been doing for a few months now... Outside of uprooting Death Cults." Oliver answered quick and succinctly, his eyes examining them further.... "My name is a long confusing string of Elven names, best you simply call me Oliver Delselmon. Or "Croaker" as some seem keen on calling me." his eyes narrowed on the soldiers... No.. he was wrong. "Living men, soldiers in all encompassing black armor. I'm suprised your men have no cause an alarm to raise. these people have been beset upon by soldiers clad in black armor and practically are made of shadow..." Oliver began to walk and talk in regards to re-approaching the tent, he believed at least she would be handy...

"I don't know your reasonings for being here myself, but we need people of action, you have stern eyes and men at your disposal, as such my hopes you would be willing to provide aid... Such things would no doubt improve your station... many seem to be given such benefit in this particular noble's presence. I begin to wonder if the King of Ryken cares at all how many nobles he has under his rule.." Oliver began to explain, his staff in hand hitting the ground with each second step, it was a implement of purpose and promise of magical strength.

At the entrance of the tent, he would look once more to the woman and her entourage.

"Hopefully their done bickering..." he says softly, heading within once more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sorry for my absence... A calling of nature.. it seems mercenaries of a sort have arrived." Oliver spoke to the room as he returned, feigning lightly to fix his belt. "They may be helpful, if it is his lordship's desire." he gives a bow, before returning to the table. "...Have we reached the planning stage then? Disaster relief is a throughly planned venture, with supply lines, foreward camps, triage and what not.. As much as my magics can bring back the dead it's likely we'll find those still living as well..

I, also, neglected to mention I have magics capable of bestowing great strength upon men for a time that will likely cover the whole effort. if, such is desired. Strength of arm will be very important for clearing out rubble." Oliver explained, as he took up the space he once had on the table once more... He had hoped his excuse of needing to piss would help soothe things over on his side...

...you can't just hold it in, and he may be an elf but he still had bodily functions thank you.

Mentions: Clyvelle Clyvelle Orikanyo Orikanyo LadyOfStars LadyOfStars conman2163 conman2163 eloise eloise EMIYAman EMIYAman saxon saxon
OOC: Those in Yemaya can get back to refuge camp without issue. Michael will draw all the monster aggro.
Time: 7:00pm
Weather: cold, windy, cloudy sky. Dark. Those without means to see in the dark will have trouble navigating outside of camp. Cold - those not dressed for the weather or with some other protection from it will have reduced effectiveness acting out in it.
Cooldown: E ??/?? D 1/1
TLDR: Michael finishes the item, clears the enemy, says hey to jareth and tells him to come back to camp with him. Starts using the magic he had been working on. Monsters inbound to refugee camp while Michael ready's himself.
Post Listening:
1664643391612-png.1027336

Yemaya, Thorne Barony

a25c8e7ff08ce237d1c3fe229f85a00b.jpg

Fleet smashed its little formed face into the stone. After a moment it peeled its liquid face off the stone and replied to Jareth's request,

"There's water down there. Likely drainage system. Spacious. Heavy flows sometimes. The city being walled in makes drainage important or the buildings would be flooded. All the monsters swarming the smithy just beyond us likely means the subterranean passages are clear..mostly. But we probably just need to sit right here for the moment."

Fleet told Jareth after parsing the information gleaned from the tremor sense. It was already too late to help, for better or worse.

*BOOM*

The smithy exploded outward with stone and Fell armor/Fell bits flying. A massive smokecloud rose up from the burning remains of the the building, now free of a roof or any walls. From the smoke emerged Michael in his battle alpha form. He glowed blue and illuminated the surrounding space. Stepping down from the piles of Fell armor and crumbled stone he would notice Jareth and Hera. He turned away for a moment before turning back to Jareth with a double take.

"Jareth?"

Michael asked, his voice seemed strained even through the magically projecting suit. He approached Jareth, but before he was too distracted he turned away, looking back in the direction of the refugee camp beyond the walls.

"We will have to catch up later, Jareth. I have something I must do no matter what and time is ticking. If you are here to help Yemaya, come with me to the refugee camp. That's where we are going to save the city."

Michael's eyes flared blue for emphasis. He was then gone. A powerful leap and running through the air later, Michael was cruising toward the refugee camp, the mana leaking from his transformed form highlighting him against the night sky and flame torched city. He would eventually land just outside the camp and its eastern entrance that faces the city. The guards would become apprehensive and shout to Michael to determine who he was and what he was doing. That was when some of the guards that had already seen Michael early let them know of Michael's battle form. It was not unknown to most. Michael's time in the adventurer's guild made him known in most of Ryke as the Blue Knight.

Looking around himself, Michael nodded in approval. Neither the cold nor the darkness seemed to bother him and he looked content with the space he had outside the camp but outside the city as well. He stood in the grassy field between the two and the farm acres. He would call back to the guards,

"Get yourselves ready. There is about to be a lot of refugees needing help and possibly monsters coming!"

The guards didn't quite understand what Michael was talking about but decided at the very least someone should go tell Linneus. Meanwhile, Michael focused and centered himself as he stood facing the city. He placed his before him, open, as if holding a ball from the top and bottom before his torso. The space between his hands was empty but began to glow. Blue wisps started to appear and swirl. The wind around Michael began to swirl as well and grow in effect. In time, even the camp began to feel the effects of Michael's growing concentration of mana that rivaled rituals performed in Ryken cathedrals. Tents lurched into the breeze and loose flaps beat relentlessly. The wisps of blue in Michael's hand formed into a blue orb the size of a pea. It was gradually growing and faster. The air around Michael seemed charged with energy. Blue lightning would occasionally spark and streak across the space.

AWYffhb.jpg

Refugee Camp

3af2ea3142b382897db25d74901a2a7a.jpg

Linneus's advisors would work with him to come up with a sound plan for the coming morning. The original plan of splitting into three groups around the merchant district didn't sound bad, but it did seem awfully familiar to the plan Peng had concocted earlier in the day and obviously was met with hardship or shortcomings. Many of Linneus's advisors would encourage the Count to not divide his military force but to keep them united. In this way, they could gradually retake the city and setup a growing perimeter as men and supplies flowed in through the coming days. Sending in groups to the city was worded as dangerous and reckless by any other name. The systematic suppression of any and all threats in the city would ensure the soldiers would not be easily surrounded or overwhelmed. It would also create a base of operations within city limits that would make rescue efforts easier to launch and safer overall.

The downside to their plan was obvious. While it would ensure Linneus, the camp, and the soldiers remained at minimal risk, it would mean those currently still trapped in the city would have wait longer for rescue assuming they could wait at all.

The meeting was interrupted by several more people like Monika and Azusa, but it was perhaps not quite as disruptive as the frantic soldier reporting Michael's return moments before the camp was subjected to Michael's charging ability that rattled tents and sent warned soldiers to rouse those on break and ready themselves. Even if monsters didn't come, perhaps they would need to force Michael to stop? Unfortunately, Monsters did come. Although some Fell came from the city to try and attack Michael, most of the monsters coming were from the wilderness miles around. The high concentration of people and mana drew them out of the darkness. The camp would have moments before it would get hit by a stampede of beasts. Dire animals mostly with some demon monsters laced in. Due to the fortifications put up by the soldiers, the camp would have 2 main points of entry to defend (east and west). The walls of the camp were a palisade of sharpened stakes. Any monsters rushing the walls would impale themselves assuming they could even leap the height of the wall. Unlikely to be breached by any creature smaller than a Large size like a dire bear or flying monsters where were few in number in Ryke.

Monika Rommel
Mentions: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Novama Novama Orikanyo Orikanyo

ANIME-PICTURES.NET_-_397004-743x1150-original-hetza+(hellshock)-single-long+hair-tall+image-lo...jpgMonika couldn't help but blink owlishly as she listened to the Elf Oliver. While she was somewhat young especially compared to her compatriots within the SS. She still had a rather busy and active career, and for someone in her line of work that meant interrogations, investigation, handling undesirables, escorts and even fields of battle. Though with the war over it was a lot more tame. What this all meant is she was used to fighting and struggling for her victories. So someone not German giving out just about all the information she asked for without any interrogation required? Well, it caught her off guard.

"I see... that is certainly quite the job Herr Delselmon. A 'healer' of your ability must be rare, no?" At this point Monika was well and truly fishing for information, all the while trying to keep her own cards as close to her chest as possible. The topic of her men was brought up, Oliver having corrected his original assumption at them being some sort of automaton. She smirked her gaze briefly looking to the soldier at her side, still as a statue and just as unmoving. "Indeed my soldiers are just that, men. They are my escort, and in such dangerous times as this it only makes sense for them to make for such a striking figure, ja? Deters criminals and the like." At the mention of the Fell Blight Soldiers her eyes narrowed in interest, the things Oliver described sounded wholly inhuman and reminded Monika of her run in with the Crimson Wolves of that abominable forest. "I can't say I've encountered such creatures, but if they are what destroyed that city then your situation must be quite dire." The two walked and talked approaching the Quartermasters Tent as they did so. Just as they reached the entrance Oliver gave what Monika felt was a recruitment pitch. She looked to him but did not give more than sign she had heard his words but nothing committal. Once again he gave valuable intel, the name of the country they resided in and the fact that it was ruled by a monarch. It fit such a medieval setting, but it reminded her of the perfidious British. It was not a comparison she enjoyed making.

Just before entering the tent Monika signaled with a raised fist for her Fox Squad to remain outside. The tent was cramped enough as it is, and entering with all her soldiers in tow was just bad manners. Once again displaying the extent of their discipline they stopped on a dime, organizing into a horizontal formation awaiting her return. Ducking under the flaps into the tent she was met with the sight of a long ornate yet small enough to be contained within, table. Monika's eyes scanned the room and the various faces therein. Her eyes locked onto a dark skinned man at the head of the table. His features were reminiscent of the people of india yet a bit too smooth and angular. Something familiar and yet different from anything else she's seen. Oliver gave his best at an introduction and announcing her presence, but he wrongfully assumed them to be mercenaries. Monika glared his direction at that; she had been called many a thing in the past, but a vain soldier of fortune was not one of them. Reaching a gloved hand up to the brim of her hat she removed it, holding it to her chest and bowing. Her long blonde hair in full view. "It is a pleasure to meet you Count. I see I have come to you in rather trying times, my apologies. However, Herr Delselmon misinterpreted my purpose here." Her expression was one of professionalism and authority. Unlike the ragtag adventurers and random passerby's who offered their services to Count Linneus, she was a solider and a proud one at that. "I am Standartenführer Monika Rommel, though in your language the closest approximation would be 'Colonel'. I am envoy of my people meant to represent them in these foreign lands. I understand you are a rather busy man, but if you would accept it I would grant what aid me an my soldiers might impart. We are few in number, but well disciplined. I only ask for a conversation in return." Monika gave as good a first impression as she could seeking to endear herself to the Count. They needed information and allies, and this could be an opportunity for both. Even if all that came from their talk was a greater understanding of the world it would be useful.

Before they could speak much further though shouting could be heard rising from outside the tent. Blinking curiously Monika looked out to the where the sound was coming from. Just as she did a guard came running in speaking of a commotion outside and a name she didn't know, "Michael". No sooner than the guard came so too did one of her soldiers far more controlled in his demeanor yet no less pressing. "Standartenführer Feindkontakt außerhalb des Lagers!" Turning to her soldier Monika let out a "tch" of irritation. "Ziegler informiert die Männer, um die Umgebung zu sichern. Waffenfrei." She responded in her native tongue. Informing her men they had permission to engage any enemies. She turned back to Linneus with intense eyes and a friendly grin, "My apologies once again Count, but we'll have to shelve further discussion. There appears to be a commotion." Placing her officers cap back upon her head she followed her subordinate outside.

Last edited:
Count Linneus Light
1670608777058.png
The explosion caught Hera off guard, but she quickly covered herself and Jareth with her wings to shield them from any debris and smoke. However when she heard Michael's voice she took that as they were not in immediate danger. "Follow him, Jareth." As much as she didn't like Michael, he was strong and she knew Jareth would be safe with him. "Tell the Count I am going to track the survivors!"

The scout's wings opened up and she launched herself into the sky. It seemed Michael's presence had irritated the enemy and that could be bad for any survivors so she was going to sweep the city and try to get a head count as well as a handle on where people were at.

At Azusa's inquiry, Linneus soldiers nodded in the affirmative and welcomed her to join the others inside.

Peng's reasoning didn't sit right with Linneus, but it was too late to change the man's actions. He had let his curiosity and suspicions of someone else interfere with his duties and for that people suffered. But it seemed he knew he was wrong and that he had learnt from his mistake. That was all Linneus could hope for. "In the future put your duties and the lives of those who put their faith in us first, Quartermaster Peng." Linneus said in a tone that was absent anger as he sought only to reinforce what he was sure Peng already knew.

Oliver had returned from what was apparently a desperately needed bathroom break. This camp was filled with all kinds at the moment and the Count was unsure how he felt about some of them, but for the sake of this mission he would tolerate them all. But the woman who followed Oliver into the tent was different. She was unfamiliar in every way, except for her demeanor. Linneus had only encountered such a presence in the generals of Ryke and the soldiers who protecting the palace in Ryken. This woman was no mere mercenary and that brought a smirk to the Count's face. His relief would be short lived however as news was delivered of Michael's return and not long after, the wind threatened to topple their tent.

Linneus was about to give orders when he paused to observe Rommel and her men interact. They spoke a language he had never heard, not even at the socialite events held in the capital. Perhaps her men only spoke that language and not the common tongue like herself, but that just made him more wary of them all. The Count rose from his seat and drew his head up as he left the tent.

"Lord Fachnan, we should stay by the Count's side." Eyrn declared as he got up from his seat and gestured for the newly minted baron to exit the tent first.

Once outside, Linneus caught a glimpse of the light show and gasped. He didn't know what to make of what was happening but before he could make a move to confront Michael the incoming threats were brought to his attention. "Civilians return to your tents!" Linneus commanded as he yelled to overlap the wind and rain. "Spearmen take the eastern gate!" Linneus' orders were backed by [Inspiration] and gave the soldiers purpose as his spearmen moved towards the eastern entrance and formed a 'U' formation. They raised their shields and aimed their spears inward ready to stab any creature that tried to breach the camp.

"Swordsman to the west gate! Archers provide cover fire!" Linneus didn't wait for the other groups of soldiers to be given orders by their leaders. His own were well armed and experienced. His swordsman did as the spearmen did and formed up at the western gate while the archer started to fire volleys to the west, hoping to thin the horde that approached the swordsmen.

"Rommel, lend us your aid in this and we can discuss whatever you like when we are victorious. Lord Fachnan, look after your citizens and Master Delselmon keep[ our soldiers alive!" Linneus said before he turned away from them and started towards the eastern gate. "Hold the Line! Do not let a single enemy through!"

• Inspiration - Leadership F - Linneus uses his status to inspire his soldiers and those under the sound of his voice to fight and trust in themselves. - F Grade - 0 Post Cooldown
Actions:
  1. Spearnmen fortify the East entrance
  2. Swordmen fortify the West entrance
  3. Archers fire at the Western enemies
  4. Linneus uses [Inspiration] and then heads to the East entrance.
MuWALptgsTzN3oYSMsy8M8mp7iHw6hfsR3xfqOj3Q2VNFutDthxO_OLQzLubZTU9RBlWfb4U_-DZszvb8xU7YTzmufjdcFS41DEn-3PCg8xok4w_F-U4VGtv_NC8H9cP3ig9QVss

Strength - C
Precision - F
Intelligence - F
Vitality - C
Speed - F

Skills:

Fighting Style [Ryken Spearman] - F (Penetrating F) - weapon can ignore armors of similar or lesser grades and still hurt target.

Items:
Steel Spears - D
Heavy Plate Armor - D
Steel Shields - D

1670078229992.png

Strength - F
Precision - C
Intelligence - F
Vitality - F
Speed - E

Skills:

Fighting Style [Archer Squad] - E - [Ranged] - E - gives weapon attacks longer range. 30ft

Items:
Wooden Long bow F
Light Armor F

1670078219826.png

Strength - B
Precision - F
Intelligence - F
Vitality - D
Speed - F

Skils:
Fighting Style [Ryken Swordsmen] - Accurate F

Items:
Steel Swords - C
Heavy Chain Mail Armor - C
Iron Shields E
Novama Novama EMIYAman EMIYAman conman2163 conman2163 Dante Verren Dante Verren Orikanyo Orikanyo Clyvelle Clyvelle eloise eloise saxon saxon

Last edited:
Retili Loxinofican
Mentioned: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Linneus Clyvelle Clyvelle Jareth Orikanyo Orikanyo Oliver Novama Novama Michael EMIYAman EMIYAman Monika

Retili's eyes didn't leave Peng even as Oliver returned, citing a bathroom break of all things. It was like no one had any sort of idea how to act in front of a Count at all. He shook his head as Linneus called his attention, even as someone else brazenly entered the tent without being announced at all. Mentally Retili was slamming his head against a wall at the moment but he didn't let his thoughts distract him from the words of Linneus. He listened closely and while the plan was similar to the one thought up before he was certain this time it would be fine if nothing more then because he had full faith in the abilities of Linneus. He cursed mentally though as ANOTHER person wandered into the tent. At least this one had the demeanor and manners befitting someone who had entered into the presence of a count. Then the strange woman spoke in a tongue altogether unfamiliar to Retili she turned and left. The count followed and given that Retili was no coward he followed the count outside to the commotion. The scribe was no warrior but the Zentail from his homelands were, and they formed up near instantly once they spotted him exiting the tent. They shouldered their rifles and fell into step. He turned to the sergeant in charge of the men and pointed in the direction of the swordsmen. "Follow those swordsmen and support them. Hold the line no matter the cost." His words were quiet and authoritative. The sergeant and his men marched off at a brisk pace. They stood with the swordsmen and formed a line with their bayonets, ready to give anyone who got too close a few new holes to breath through. Retili for his part stood near the count hand on the dagger at his belt. He'd defend the man if it came to it.

Zentail 1st Guard Company

Description: A group of ten soldiers from the Zentail homeland. Sent specifically at the request of Retili to guard and protect him.

Strength - E
Precision - C
Intelligence - F
Vitality - F
Speed - E

Skills:

Fighting Style [Zentail Gunnery Practice] - F:
1. Technique: Bayonet Fighting (Penetrating F) - The guard's bayonet can ignore armors of similar or lesser grades and still hurt target.

Items:

Light Armor - Zentail Uniform - F - A sharp looking uniform designed to identify the tribal soldiers of the Zentail race. Rather similar to a Victorian British uniform, except jet black.
Gun - Zentail Breach Loader - F - A magic gun of Zentail make and design. Looks and operates similar to a Martini Henry rifle.

Azusa
Final final Azusa.png

Azusa stepped inside the tent after the nazi woman had. Azusa was still intrigued that there was a nazi officer here to say the least. She was curious is the event that brought her here went across time and had randomly scooped people up. She was about to speak when the meeting was about to be concluded suddenly. As the german woman walked out of the tent, Azusa stood off to the side so she wouldn't be in the middle of the door. Well that whole encounter is still strange but what was the lights? She thought to herself before folding her arms across her chest and bring the palm of her hand up to her chin.

When the count stood up and walked out of the tent which she followed him afterwards. When she pushed the tent flap away she heard the count give orders to the soldiers in the camp. Well that is more than what I expected him to do, though I guess nobility might act differently here. She thought to herself as she reached behind her back to the side of her bag and pulling out her M1911. Pulling the slide back she looked at the chamber seeing a chalk round slide up. Giving herself a nod she let the slide move forward chambering the round.

"Looks like you could use some assistance, Count, I will go help the spearmen in the eastern area," Azusa stated as she gripped the pistol with her free hand at the grip and then started to jog off toward the eastern entrance. She was curious to see what was going to come at the camp, though based on the reaction of the count she knew something was coming. When she reached the spearmen she stood off to the side of the palisade at the corner of the formation of the spearmen so she could fire around them and not worry about hitting them with a chalk round.

"So what is going on what is coming toward the camp?" She asked around her to see if any of the soldiers knew what was going to come at them. She figured it was better to gather as much information before whatever was coming got here.

Mentions: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars eloise eloise Clyvelle Clyvelle Novama Novama conman2163 conman2163 EMIYAman EMIYAman

Jareth Fletcher
| Human | Eyeglass Adept | Scorned | Ryken Adventurer F | Sandman | On the Wind | Mazerunner |
Scorned - Your character is seen as a pariah by the general public. You'll have increased chances of drawing the aggression of those around you. You'll also have increased chances of drawing the aid and support of characters that witness your hardship.
Sandman - character's body is made of sand. Is likely to leave sand behind wherever they go. Has an easier time staying together in moist environments and less windy days. Even when solid, can give off the impression they may blow away at any moment.
On The Wind - character is considered missing or actively avoiding being found. Can make it more difficult to establish trust with those they come in contact with. Those that know them already will not immediately recognize them.
Maze Runner - character has ran for their life in a confusing and trying place and situation. Character is more likely to perform better in confusing settings in the future where passive senses are not sufficient for getting through something under pressure. Increases ability to think on ones feet and improvise. More prone to finding themselves in similar difficult situations.

Jareth listened to Fleet's feedback but cocked his head at the suggestion to wait. The explosion concussed the area, bathing the vicinity in dust and debris. Jareth hid his face in the crook of his arm. A blue light behind him caused Jareth's attention to snap towards the source. At first he didn't recognize Michael, but when he spoke Jareth's name, his eyes widened as his jaw dropped.

"M...Michael!" Was all he could exclaim before the blue knight suggested they save it and moved on to the rally point near the camp.

"So cool...." Jareth said under his breath, while Hera rose beside him. She too departed, giving him a message to pass on to the Count. Jareth nodded, calling after her, "You be safe!"

Jareth rushed back to camp unmolested since Michael had stolen the attention of the black creatures. A sudden spark of light accompanied by a massive, continuous gust of wind met Jareth as he reached the camp's entrance. Michael had taken his position and began whatever it was that he was doing. Jareth continued past him into the camp. He arrived as Linneus appeared to be offering a prayer of some kind.

"Hera is scouting the city for survivors, milord!" Jareth shouted above the din. He promptly returned to where Michael stood at the eastern gate. "Fleet, Particle Armor!" At Jareth's command, patches of black erupted all over his person consuming flesh and clothing alike until he was cloaked in hardened black matter (Natural Armor D).

Stats
  • Strength - F
  • Precision - B
  • Intelligence - C
  • Vitality - C
  • Speed - D

Senses
Passive Skills
Items
  • Catalyst D (21)
  • Natural Armor (Heavy) D (21)
Fleet

Strength - F
Precision - F
Intelligence - E (7)
Vitality - B (28)
Speed - F

Sense

• Feature: Amorphous - Creature is composed of a malleable substance such as liquid or gas and can change its form freely.
Defensive
  • Change State E - Limiter 1: Permanent - The skill is always active in an ability at all times.
    • Change State F - can change into a liquid. cannot pickup solid objects. Cannot apply force greater than a gentle wave. Takes half the damage normally incurred as appropriate by narrator.
    • Change State E - can change into a gas. cannot affect things with more than a gentle wind. Is only minorly affected by attacks that don't affect the entirety of the character as determined by narrator.
Miscellaneous
    • Architecture F - Character has knowledge of construction methods, architectural drafting, and more. A successful use of this Skill can also find weak points in constructions.
    • Engineering F - The use of scientific principles and experimental data to design and build equipment, structures, and useful devices.
    • Mining F - The knowledge of the processes and techniques to extract minerals and gemstones from dense rock formations.
Secondary
  • Investigation F - The talent for detective work – searching around for clues and making deductions based on those clues. Includes spotting the location of a hidden object and discerning from the appearance of a wound what kind of weapon dealt it.

Peng Deming

Peng nodded and bowed his head low as Linneus gave him a stark reminder of what his duties were. Mixed with in his currently complicated feelings was a determination not to be reminded again. He was also aware of the burning gaze of the scribe, though he paid the man little mind. Not because he felt like he wanted to ignore him but becuase a relic of his past stepped into the tent. His gaze was not drawn to the woman herself, but the German regalia that she wore. It was then that a wave of memoirs filled his head. She was the enemy, she was allied to the arch rival of his people. His father, his uncles, his brothers, his comrades had died in the hundreds fighting sometimes with their bare hands to stand against the axis that she served. For a moment Peng had a lapse in his calm expression as legitimate rage appeared on his face.

that rage only lasted for a brief moment before he rained himself. Quietly he whispered to let it go, those events were a life time ago. Focusing in on the present he followed the group out of the tent to see what the lights and noise were. Seeing the count jump into action Peng searched for any troops that might be hesitating, most likely the volunteers. "Take up arms, form a second line behind the professionals. Any that might slip past them must be put down!" He would call to them before moving to take up position behind the wall of spearmen to help with his magic.

Monika Rommel
Mentions: Novama Novama saxon saxon conman2163 conman2163 LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

104969.jpgHer audience with the Count now interrupted Monika was in a rather foul mood. Fortunately for her based off what her men had picked up there were monsters headed for the camp. Likely some of which the things that had destroyed the city. Which meant something to take her frustration out on. Her fingers stroked the Luger on her hip in anticipation. Following her squad leader Sergeant Major Ziegler outside she was met with the rest of her men watching her in anticipation, their weapons at the ready. As the entire camp prepared for the enemies arrival with soldiers manning the defenses and civilians running for safety the Count actually called out to her. Monika stopped having almost forgotten about the Count as her anticipation for the battle rose. Looking over her shoulder at him she listened as he gave his conditions; back them up against this threat and she'd have that talk. With a cheshire grin she nodded to the count. Turning to her men she couldn't help but notice another contingent of soldiers, wielding outdated but no less effective rifles. They resembled the kind of weapons you'd seen in the first world war, but constructed in ways that baffled the mind as some pieces seemed all but missing. This world was still rife with mysteries... Adjusting her cap she addressed her men.

"My hunters, rabid beasts are set upon us. What will you do?"

"Live Standartenführer!"

"And what does it mean to live?"

"To fight Standartenführer!" Speaking in Common for the sake of the natives, the soldiers answered in kind. It wasn't their birth tongue but it came to them just as easily. Monika then thrust her gloved hands towards her men palms facing the sky. "Wunderbar, full marks!" Seemingly pleased Monika began to divvy out their orders. "Sturmscharführer Ziegler, take Rottenführer Richter and Braun to the west gate. Scharführer Heinrich and Unterscharführer Vogt you shall go to the east gate with me." With a crisp salute they responded, "Ja Standartenführer!" Orders received the soldiers went their separate ways moving quickly to reinforce the defensive lines in preparation for the attack. While Monikas escort fell into step behind her, reaching for her pistol she pulled it out of its holster, checked the magazine and made for the east gate palisades.

Seargeant Major Ziegler was in charge of the whole squad outside of Monika. He was a tall man with a strong frame and had been serving the Reich for over a decade. Monika and her squad had only met each other with the taking on of this mission to another world. Their unfamiliarity with each had been and may still continue to be an issue even if their loyalty to the Reich is strong, their loyalty to her is only a byproduct of it. Monika wanted them to be loyal to her first, before even their country. Such thoughts were present in her mind as she watched the other half of her squad leave for the west gate. There was still a lot of work to be done. When she made it to the east gate the Nazi Officer saw the strangely underdressed girl, and weirdly enough she held a pistol in her diminutive hands. Though unlike the otherworldly rifles she had seen before this was a gun she recognized. Its popularity amongst the Americans could not be understated; most of their soldiers had one as standard issue. Her eyes narrowed in suspicion. If this girl had it then she too may not be from this world... She called out to Azusa as she approached, "Did you not hear girl? Vile creatures come seeking our death. We have barely the time to organize they will be here very soon." She held her Luger up in one hand as she stared out into the wilderness that surrounded them, already she could see some Monsters beginning to approach through the dark. "Best make use of that pistol, its quite reliable." A smile on her face Monika appeared wholly unworried, even a little excited. From the west gate the sound of gunfire from her soldiers rang out into the night, as if waiting for it Monika gave a hand signal to the two soldiers at her side. Immediately they lined the defenses and began firing downrange.
Standing just a ways from the Count Monika joined in the battle, firing into the distance her shots somehow even more accurate than the trained men she commanded.

• [Blitzkrieg] - Fighting Style [Waffen-SS] F Range E, Penetrating F, Steady Hands E, Minions [SS-Fuchstrupp] F, [Intimidation] F - Monika performs a combined attack with Fox Squad. Calculated to create psychological shock and resultant disorganization in enemy forces through the employment of surprise, speed, and superiority in firepower. - Grade E - 1 Post Cooldown
Strength - F
Precision - D
Intelligence - F
Vitality - F
Speed - E
Skills:

• Fighting Style [Fuchstrupp] E - [Range] F, [Penetrating] F
  • Fast F
Items:
  • MP5 E

Last edited:
Oliver Delselmon

"And I JUST came back inside..." the elf sighed, scratching his forehead. There really was nothing for it, but he was also not given a direct place to be... But he did know that he should be at the front, at least to bestow the bolstering spell. The elf would exit the tent,giving eye to the current battle landscape.. He felt it already.. the unstable mana in the air... Yes... certainly was trouble brewing, best he go support the west. The... Germans appeared to be splitting up, but a bulk of soldiers from the Counts retinue were heading to separate areas, beneficial in truth, the germans seemed to be doing their thing...

Capable allies, perhaps.

....Until somebody pulls the facade and reveals them...

Oliver would head to the western front, he would form up behind the troops lines a fair bit away, he was a mage after all. He would take his time to gain his center once more... casting would take time.. putting effort into bolstering his magics capability have hampered his focusing potential. he would stand next to the archery line, out of their way to keep himself from being full of quills.

Stay calm and breath...

"Magister arrived, stay steady, they will try to get past you... Try not to be surprised when my magic takes hold. The front-line may feel a touch stronger than normal." Oliver spoke up, gathering his mana so he may cast in the next moment... His magic was indiscriminate.. he had to be careful with it's placement...

Marcellus Fachnan

In all honesty, Marcellus did not know how he felt regarding the reliability of some that surrounded the Count. At best, they could be politely described as questionable and in the worst of cases.. well, there were a few choice-worthy words better left unsaid. Regardless, planning was soon to commence and he surely could find the personal time to dwell on such matters later, becoming distracted would only serve to complicate things. Splitting up their current forces in order to focus on retrieving those that were deceased and reducing those still trapped within the city at the same time seemed incredibly similar to the former plan which had been proposed by Quartermaster Peng. However, he couldn't judge if it would be good or not, especially because they now had more arms to muster than last time. However, the still ever-present issue was the question of what to do about the method of communication between all the groups. The problem was, that they didn't have one. It was something that could be the cause of a dangerous liability for those sent into Yemaya.

He was simply content to sit back and watch the proceedings unfold before him. Without any sort of battle and war experience, there was truly nothing his input would serve to do but be needed filler within a serious discussion. Though, that did not mean he was remiss in his mute duties of listening. This was now his realm was of the topic of discussion, no matter how weird it felt to think about it as his own possession, and while a lesser negligent lord would be at ease to let others decide the fate of his lands, he was no such lord. When Oliver returned, not alone in the slightest, Marcellus's breath was caught in his throat. It wasn't because the woman who entered behind the Elf possessed great beauty or an imposing presence but because of what she so blatantly bore on her arm. A damned swastika.

While Esmeralda herself had never been Jewish nor particularly inclined toward any religion, she did however have good, good friends that were. That symbol, which was once an ancient religious one, now represented something horribly evil. But why? Why was this woman here? What kind of god would allow such a person to step foot within this untouched world? It felt like a sick joke, a blow to the stomach for all those innocents who died unfairly and never got a second lease at living. Why did a Nazi of all people get to walk freely? Yet that was exactly it, wasn't it? Nothing in life was fair. Unfortunately, his thoughts of enmity weren't allowed to go proceed when a loud commotion occurred outside the tent and a guard burst into the tent to deliver very pressing news.

"A wise suggestion, Advisor Eyrn." Marcellus said in response, standing from his chair and exiting through the tent flaps, following behind those that were already making haste. Immediately, it was clear that something was deeply wrong and as soon as Lord Linneus shouted a direct order at him, he didn't delay for a second. "Stand behind me, keep your focus, keep your calm, we cannot afford any hindrances right now!" He yelled at Eyrn quickly before taking off toward a center point around several other tents, either medical or civilian, where a mixture of all kinds of people were congested and hurriedly trying to push through one another.

In a swift motion, his eyes scanned over those crowded and they gained a determined glint as soon as they landed on a particular few. "Good people, heed my call! I am Marcellus Fachnan, brother of Eustacia Thorne. By right, I have acquired the seat of the Thorne Barony and by the good word of Count Light, I am now your lord! At our gates are enemies that seek we bring harm upon us, I beseech those who are willing and can find the power within themselves to do so, defend your home!" He cried out from over the wind, voice carrying as far as humanly possible, hoping many were willing to listen to his burning wishes. "I promise you, my people, that under my rule, my protection, you shall be heard. Yemaya, with time, will be restored to it's former glory. But for now, we must fight!" Those words were chosen carefully, for he was afraid of making promises that he might not be to properly keep, but in the heat of battle, there were far more important matters to be worried about. [Persuasion F], [Leadership F]

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
Dante Verren Dante Verren
Orikanyo Orikanyo
EMIYAman EMIYAman
Code by Serobliss

Mentions: Clyvelle Clyvelle Orikanyo Orikanyo LadyOfStars LadyOfStars conman2163 conman2163 eloise eloise Dante Verren Dante Verren EMIYAman EMIYAman saxon saxon
OOC: Those in Yemaya at this time are claimed by Blue World. Minions are not independent thinkers so they cannot be trusted to act intelligently without character if situations change. Assume there are injured and more enemies to attack or defend from at all times.
Time: 7:10pm
Weather: cold, windy, cloudy sky. Dark. Those without means to see in the dark will have trouble navigating outside of camp. Cold - those not dressed for the weather or with some other protection from it will have reduced effectiveness acting out in it.
Cooldown: E ??/?? D 0/1 B 3/3
TLDR: The leaders led, the fighters fought, and Michael pocketed a city before bringing back the citizens to the camp.
Post Listening:
1665766839964-png.1030815

AWYffhb.jpg

Refugee Camp

The camp went from a sleepy, calm evening in the cold to a buzzing hive of activity. Children cried. Women screamed. The panic was barely contained as soldiers bravely rushed to the main fronts and the peasants cowered. Running would do little good, but a few citizens with cracked minds still tried to escape the camp regardless. Some even tried their luck at leaping the sharpened stake walls with mix results. The lords, demi-lords, wanna be lords, and anyone else with an inkling of authority started shouting. The peasantry, for the most part, were encouraged to watch and wait, promised that this time would not lead to a repeat of the incident from earlier in the day. Soldiers were also emboldened to ensure the weak and helpless at their backs would be able to sleep soundly that evening.

The darkness of the fields beyond the camp's firelight made the ranged combatants nearly useless. They would fire arrows and bullets into darkness with unknown or obviously wasted results. Once the zoo of enemies appeared, they were finally able to leverage their range for about 10 yards before the enemy were too close to shoot at without risking friendly fire. The range would mean that almost nothing but basic shots were possible and special ability shots would be ineffective or miss.

It was the spear and swordsmen that would hold the line and carry the evening at the start of the battle. Morale was up and the enemy was nothing but basic beasts empowered with mana. Their crazed eyes and crystalized mana jutting from their bodies made the animals easily recognizable as a dire beasts attracted by the mass of mana Michael was accumulating. Some of the enemies in their crazed states would even charge into the spikes of the defense wall without consideration for themselves only to be impaled. The result was similar against the spear wall made by the spear men.

Things were going well, almost too well until soldiers started screaming. Men would flee the front line yelling as their face or hands melted. Fell Beholders had found their way into the camp and could freely bypass the walls as well as the senses of most as they shifted in and out of visibility with ease. The east defense started to buckle as more fell creatures began to appear: more capable and strong compared to the average dire beast hitting the west gate.

Michael stood separated from the camp just far enough to use his magic, but he was also a target of the creatures flocking to the camp. Things started to appear to try and attack him like a Fell hound and Fell Knight. The Fell beholders seemed to take a more sadistic pleasure in engaging with the camp rather than Michael. Michael would need protected to keep his power going, which he would finally complete to the spectacle of all in attendance. The swirling winds of mana had combined into a small marble of blue energy that grew to the size of a basketball before the winds started to calm and the swirling slowed. It was ready.

"Blue World!"

Michael declared in a voice augmented by mana and his suit. The chittering sounds of electricity could be heard above in a loud and constant chorus. Small at first and growing quickly was a magic circle of sharp arcane lines similar to the circuit patterns of Michael's blue 'tattoos' over the city of Yemaya. It grew explosively until the entire city was beneath the pale blue glow of the arcane symbols. The circle then split down the middle like double sliding doors. A massive rush of air followed as the opening of the doors led to a blue void. From the void, a blue hand the size of nothing seen before reached down and scooped up the city before disappearing back through the double doors that slid shut before the whole circle disappeared into the night. Everything that had come into contact with the hand has been automatically sucked into the blue void or otherwise cast out of the present world.

Despite the spectacle of light and sound that would force all to see and hear and the aftermath being a crater in the earth at least a mile deep barely visible in the after glow, Michael's spell was not finished. His power was only just starting. His hands would work furiously upon the blue orb that still floated before him. Tapping several spots with multiple figures as well as sliding various images in the blue orb's visual around and together, Michael was more focused and strained in that moment than he had been gathering the power for the ability in the first place.

"Come back, everyone!"

Michael declared as he started stamping his fingers on the surface of the blue orb. As consequence, several portals of blue started opening around the refugee camp. Within the medical tents, injured or corpses started dropping from portals into cots or bedrolls emptied from earlier in the day thanks to the healers. Among the citizen tents, fully intact, non-combatants started stumbling from the blue portals into the shocked arms of loved ones and surviving neighbors. Some were confused as ghosts until the proved their authenticity. At the front lines, several portals opened and the soldiers of Yemaya began to pour out, fully armed and readied for a rematch with the enemy or to have an actual chance to defend themselves and their people. The faltering east gate was starting to see a turn around as the resurrected soldiers of Yemaya, familiar with some of the tactics of the enemy by the point, acted as a strong counter to the power and strategies of the enemy.

image.webp

Count Linneus Light

1670866447435.png[Inspiration] "Stand your ground! There are lives depending on you!" Linneus had thought things were going well and that they would soon wrap up this encounter, but the arrival of the flying enemies seemed to shift the tide and shake the soldier's resolve. "Shoot them down!" The count ordered of his archers as he turned his attention to the sky as well. But what he saw was beyond the Beholders and instead targeted the city. The giant hand was a work of fiction and even seeing it with his own eyes was not enough to convince him that it was real. Was this Michael's doing or the work of the enemy? That became clear when the bodies of both the living and the dead appeared within the camp.

"He rescued the people." Linneus mumbled in shock. He had not expected Michael to be any help, let alone to show such a mastery of magic on behalf of the people. It created conflicting feelings in him for the Blue Knight. The archers turned thir bows upward to take aim at the Beholders and loosed their arrows at the same time.

1670866508502.pngHera emerged from the darkness of the clouds overhead, her golden wings reflecting what little light reached her from the ground. She had just managed to escape the spell that Michael had cast. From up above she could see the portals appearing in camp and started to put things together. She was not a fan of him right now, but he was helping and needed support. She pulled her wings in close to her body and dove downward, plummeting towards the ground.

When she was close enough she threw open her wings just in enough time to stop her from hurting herself, but she planted her feet on one of the Shadow Mastiffs that had been heading towards Michael.

"Lord Fachnan! The people of the city are returning!" Eyrn's eyes widened with joy as he saw the portals dropping people into the camp. It was exciting to see the familiar citizens as well as the soldiers of Yemaya reappear.

• Inspiration - Leadership F - Linneus uses his status to inspire his soldiers and those under the sound of his voice to fight and trust in themselves. - F Grade - 0 Post Cooldown

Actions:
  1. Linneus uses [Inspiration]
  2. Archers fire at Beholders
  3. Hera attacks shadow hound near Michael

Novama Novama eloise eloise

Jareth Fletcher

Jareth stood back-to-back with the Blue Knight. His eyes were closed as he sensed the incoming movement from the vibrations in the ground. Raising his right arm straight out, Jareth spreads his fingers as they extend out into the night and intersect with five different targets. A knight suddenly appears on his left, and he meets it with a basic mana blast from his left hand. Once his fingers had retracted, Jareth brought his right arm around for a secondary mana blast against the knight. When Hera dropped down on the hound, Jareth turned to her, his eyes opening, and gave her a nod before advancing on the next creatures to approach.

Stats
  • Strength - F
  • Precision - B
  • Intelligence - C
  • Vitality - C
  • Speed - D

Senses
Passive Skills
Items
  • Catalyst D (21)
  • Natural Armor (Heavy) D (21)
Fleet

Strength - F
Precision - F
Intelligence - E (7)
Vitality - B (28)
Speed - F

Sense

Defensive
Miscellaneous
Secondary

jareth particle armor (2).jpg

Azusa
anime, female, High school uniform, brown hair, backpack,  s-1783708202.png

Azusa watched as the creatures appeared from the darkness looking over at the man as he started to cause terror and break. When she looked up and saw the beholding appearing and disappearing she was in awe for a moment. Quickly shaking that off she aimed her pistol up at the creature and used Civid Duty. Beliving that the soldiers would be able to hold the line as she hard a call for the archers to fire at the flying beats.

• Civic Duty - Ultimate Deterrence E (Range E, Non-Lethal F), Steady hands F, Acrobatics F, Precognition F - The user fires a round at a target predicting the direction the target is going to move. Precognition bonus lasts 1 post. +1 to Speed. Target must be within 30ft. - Grade E - 1 Post Cooldown

Oliver Delselmon
86df8154377c9965fae28a1c9338cf0b (1).jpg
Oliver, in position, and now currently watching as litteral fucking bunches of eyeball things floated in, decided it was prudent to start casting his god damn spells. Getting a hold of his magics he'd begin the first...

• Bolster: Strength - Magic :B, Magic Range: D, Bolster Strength E, Spell Duration D, Magic Target E - The most straight forward of enhancements one can produce, choose a target within range and for about an hour they shall gain a temporary boon to strength. - Grade D - 2 Post Cooldown - 1000 foot range 10 targets 1 week duration​

He would target the swordsmen with this spell, making certain that whatever beast they met with their blades would surely be cut through. For his next trick however he would need members from the audience... He'd pick... Beholder one through... However many he could see.

He had hopes lightning would be good against them... He had little clue about em, but... Well... Waste not want not.

Wasting distance and time that is. Really he couldn't say what was to be done, he was a mage not too much a military leader... He could send out bolts of lightning and bolster a man's strength to be certain but... Well... He had hopes he'd not have to fight, it was a horribly distracting detail...

• Lightning forks - Magic B, Magic Range D, Lightning affinity F, magic target E a deadly ranged lightning spell that fans out to many foes! Grade B 4 post cooldown - 1000 foot Range 10 targets

Action economy
(Ability useagex2, wait on third)

Last edited:
Retili Loxinofican
Mentioned: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Linneus Clyvelle Clyvelle Jareth Orikanyo Orikanyo Oliver Novama Novama Michael EMIYAman EMIYAman Monika

Retili had his dagger drawn and watched the fight from beside Linneus but left his lord behind to go to his men. He stood behind them with a blade held ready. He could not help deal with the beholders and he was no great warrior, indeed he was only a scribe, but he had a sudden premonition that leaving his men to their own devices might be reflected poorly in the events to come. Indeed for some odd reason he felt that the other Zentail were suddenly incapable of following simple directions like "Follow those swordsmen and support them". Even though it was incredibly annoying that he would have to directly supervise them in every action they took. He didn't want even a nameless zentail soldier to die after all. That would affect him terribly. He would also watch for any enemies who were about to break through the lines and redirect his minions to slay those in particular.

Zentail 1st Guard Company

Description: A group of ten soldiers from the Zentail homeland. Sent specifically at the request of Retili to guard and protect him.

Strength - E
Precision - C
Intelligence - F
Vitality - F
Speed - E

Skills:

Fighting Style [Zentail Gunnery Practice] - F:
1. Technique: Bayonet Fighting (Penetrating F) - The guard's bayonet can ignore armors of similar or lesser grades and still hurt target.

Items:

Light Armor - Zentail Uniform - F - A sharp looking uniform designed to identify the tribal soldiers of the Zentail race. Rather similar to a Victorian British uniform, except jet black.
Gun - Zentail Breach Loader - F - A magic gun of Zentail make and design. Looks and operates similar to a Martini Henry rifle.

Peng Deming

Beast clashed against soldier as Peng watched the battle erupt before him. The smell of blood and death filled the air as the mage did his best to watch for openings in the line. Firing of a bolt of magic here and there it looked like they could hold. That was until the line started to crack and defeat seemed like it was inevitable. Then the air was filled with those fateful words as the world before the camp disappeared. The entirety of the city was gone. As quickly as it had disappeared it returned, soldiers pouring forth eager to do battle, civilians to be reunited with families, and dead eager to be put to a proper burial. Seeing as how the battle began to shift Peng picked up his effort as well, aiming and firing his bolts at what ever enemy he saw with increased vigor.

Mentions: Clyvelle Clyvelle Orikanyo Orikanyo LadyOfStars LadyOfStars conman2163 conman2163 eloise eloise Dante Verren Dante Verren EMIYAman EMIYAman saxon saxon
OOC: No need to downcast spells due to Fell Blight unless you let the fell creatures get you. actions not taken in combat are lost. Minions are not great at independent function. especially when lacking the skillsets to do so and additional direction during changing situations. Characters created through assets need to stay in a background role in any given scene and especially in combats. Minions and Companions are better suited to forward facing roles. Positioning is important too.
Time: 7:30pm
Cooldown: E ??/?? B 3/3
TLDR: Some characters led with orders that would be delayed in reaching their men, others mounted a greater offensive, Michael would continue burning up and Jareth would have knights to deal with.
Post Listening:
1665766839964-png.1030815

AWYffhb.jpg

Refugee Camp

Linneus would continue to keep his men holding the line as chaos broke out around them with the surge of Fell creatures at the East Gate. The archers, closer to the swordsman near the west gate, would be delayed in receiving Linneus's new orders. In that time, It was only Linneus's encouragement that kept the east line from collapsing. Similarly, Azusa also kept her cool somehow and was able to shoot down a beholder. Peng was also slinging spells around, but the more flashy of spectacles came from Oliver's lightning bolt which split the sky with a *crack* and *boom* and flash. The result being foul smelling beholders falling to the ground, now cooked with boiled juices seeping out from overcooked flesh. Monika would also be able to successfully lead her men in gunning down monsters, those that were with her. The men she sent to the opposing front died in combat. Severe casualties were felt by Retili's men as well. Both were little without their commanders and lacked any form of knowledge or experience in leading in the absence of their charges. As the foreign enemies surged and the battle line faltered, several of the minions were caught out and fell in the line of duty. Fortunately, the swordsmen and other Linneus soldiers held on thanks to the bolster from Oliver. Their bodies shown with a light from the heavens which invigorated each of their slashes and stabs.

One beholder, remaining invisible, would release a beam that would surprise Linnius and Retili. Linneus still had enough soldiers on hand that one leapt into the line of the blast and take the hit for Linneus, dying instantly on the ground. His lifeless eyes would stare up at his liege with a pained smile. Retili was much more vulnerable. The same blast put a hole through his abdomen. He was severely wounded and in a lot of pain as his center felt like it was melting, but alive. The beholder would only then reveal itself to laugh mockingly, as only a floating head could, at the dead and dying by its ...eye beams. It looked to be closing in on Retili and LInneus's position. Oliver would note Retili went down and Linneus was in danger.

Meanwhile, Jareth successfully blasted knights and dogs as they came. Hera helped for a time before moving elsewhere to aid in the war effort. Jareth would note most of the dogs were now dispatched or attacking the camp. Enough time had passed that the knights, slower, but more hardy, would appear from the shadows to confront Michael. There was about 12 of them. Through his tremorsense, Jareth could sense them coming. They were moving straight for Michael.

Michael continued to work on the blue orb floating before him. His eyes had long since disappeared for light blue blazes flaring from his skull. His blue tattoos glowed neon and sizzled. The amount of mana and magic he was channeling through is body to make use of Blue World and the patch-rez on all the citizens he was dropping off into the camp was taking its toll. Searing flesh smell was starting to waft around and smoke would lightly tendril off of Michael. Jareth's companion Fleet would swivel out and squint white eyes before communicating with Jareth,

"The Augmenter has overloaded their artificial mana conduits. If they continue, there may be damage to the body and/or warping of the conduits. Also, the black things approaching us look sharp, pokey, and ouchy. Take caution, Sandman."

Thanks to the flood of backup, the fight looked like it would eventually swing toward the survivors, but the question was how much longer would things last? Even with dwindling fell numbers by the wave at the East Gate, they were taking casualties throughout the camp. They would have to continue holding on a bit longer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back