• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Community [Isekai Hell] Into the Pumpkin Patch

TheTimePiece

Roleplay Artist
Hello thread viewer! This thread is a non-canon rp for the Isekai Hell Halloween October 2023 Raid Community Event! If you are interested in anime and or fantasy, please feel free to check out the links above.

We have an active long standing community of roleplayers with a living persistent world. Influenced by you, the player. We would love to have your consideration.
----
Cursed seeds are throughout the building either obtainable by defeating something particularly frightening in PVE or by using non combat ingenuity to reach unconventional places.

Destroying the seeds weakens the boss.

The mission will be successful when either the month ends or the objective of defeating Lord Darkseed has been met.
----

It was a dark night, a strange red hue overtaking the sky, the moon full, a reddish orange color, over what once had just been a simple pumpkin patch.

A group of treasure excavators had dug up the site hearing that undiscovered treasure had possibly been buried there from long ago.

They found their treasure chest below the ground, but what they didn’t know was what was inside was a cursed item most foul and sinister. The Darkseed, the originator of many terrifying creatures. It had been sealed away, and unbeknownst to them they had just unleashed this evil upon the land.

Lord Darkseed's Fortress
maria-evglevskaya-revanant-fracktion-keep.jpg

A large strange fortress had erected itself where the pumpkin patch had been. Farmers from all around had to flee the area after their crops started to wither, their animals caught the plague, and their buildings started to fall apart.

After the local kingdom sent scouts out to investigate the cause of this plague, and what this strange building which appeared was, it was revealed that groups of monsters have been congregating within the building, like something was being plotted for grander malicious aspirations.

In response to this news the crown sent forth a group of capable individuals to deal with the evil that lay inside of the building, to purify the realm once and for all from the influence of the darkseed.
---
This is where the story of the present begins: The party is ready to breach the fortress parallel from the fortress gates. A wide chasm with a red orangey glow hue emanating from within it, going an indeterminable depth stands between them and their objective. There is a sturdy stone bridge going across the center of the chasm parallel to the fortress doors which could fit about two standard people side by side.

A distance away on the right from the rocky bridge are five dark stone platform pillars which could theoretically be jumped on to go across the chasm as well.
Pillar Path
800px-Rocky_support_(100%).png

Parallel to where the pillars end on the other side there is a dark ashen hill which has steep rocky terrain and dead plant life, and high up on the hill there appears to be some sort of strange black and purple chest which is wide open, radiating a strange dark aura. It would surely take someone with some form of athletic and agile prowess to reach the chest.

Jack-O-Lantern Knights (8)
ayrton-scanlan-jack-pumpkinhex-final.jpg

On the other side near the entrance of the fortress there stood eight sizable Jack-O-lantern headed figures, all wearing rusty knightly armor brandishing sizable rusty swords. For now they stand idle watching everyone's move.

At the front of the eight Jack-O-lanterns knights, a figure stood, and looked serious standing there, a catalyst stick with a pumpkin top in hand.
???
bd45c1b7d23924bb93f4d36224472a94.jpg

The figure gazed over to the group the serious expression turning to one of surprise.

“Wait a minute, you can’t all possibly be here to challenge Lord Darkdseed can you?”

She exclaimed looking at the large group gathering, which was considerably larger thanks to the minions.

“And you there! Why are you out of line? Get over here this instance and serve your Lord like the rest!” She said pointing her catalyst toward Henry Haystack. It was apparent she was expecting that due to his appearance he was on Darkdseed’s side.

“As for the rest of you, no matter how many you bring, Lord Darkseed is relentless and will persevere, why not follow the scarecrow back over here and join us? I can assure you will be rewarded with great power should you make the correct decision.”

IMG_6667.jpg

BRORC CHADSON & HIS BROTHERS
(Grimo, Horuk, Thruk, Gruk, Zork)
As Brorc Chadson and his five older brothers - the quintuplets - surveyed the eerie, reddish-hued surroundings, they couldn't help but notice that something was definitely amiss. The landscape had taken a dark turn, quite literally, and they had a feeling that these folks in rusty knightly armor with pumpkin heads were up to no good.

Brorc, being the timid younger one, whispered to his brothers, "Bros, this place gives me the creeps, but we can't let 'em see us sweatin'. Puff up those chests and give 'em the meanest orcish stare you got."

His brothers nodded, puffing their chests and trying their best to look intimidating, even if their friendly natures weren't exactly cut out for it. Brorc turned his attention to the staff-wielding girl with a pumpkin-topped catalyst.

With a cocky grin, he responded, "Hey there, cutie! You're sayin' we should join you and your pumpkin posse over there? Well, you see, we're the friendly types. Darkseed and all that evil stuff ain't really our style. Plus, hangin' with us would be way more fun, don't ya think?"

His brothers chimed in, each adding their own touch to the conversation.

Grimo, the eldest, said, "Yeah, and we've got killer leatherworking skills. We can make you the trendiest pumpkin-themed outfits. Talk about a style upgrade!"

Horuk, the second oldest, flexed his muscles and said, "And check these biceps! We could be your bodyguards, sweet cheeks!"

Thruk, the quiet one, gave a shy smile, "I can make you a pretty flower crown. It's way better than hanging out with a bunch of pumpkins."

Gruk, the joker of the group, added, "And I tell the best jokes in the realm. We'll keep you laughin' all day long!"

Zork, the most perceptive of the brothers, pointed at the chest on the hill and said, "Hey, what's with that chest up there? If we join you, can we grab that for ourselves? Looks intriguing!"

The six brothers stood there, awaiting the staff-wielding girl's response, trying to win her over with their unorthodox charms and good intentions.

Last edited:

Event Character.png
Kōmori Fukitsu

E Grade Character

Titles: N/A

Mentions:

Abilities/Cooldown

actions

Kōmori heard about the seeds and the call for the group to investigate more into the matter. Though truth be told, she had no intention of really helping solve the matter in fact she was curious to see what darkness called the area home. The female Oni upon reaching the fortress, looked the place up and down, Well this place is impressive to say the least. I suppose the owner of this castle would be willing to assist me. She thought to herself as she kept her hands at her side as the knights on the other side came into view as well did the staff-wielding girl. "So Lord Darkseed is the owner of this fortress I see," She replied cooly as her gaze shifted toward the staff-wielding girl for a moment before the Orc brothers started to cat call the girl.

Glancing at the group that had been assembled before here her gaze shifted back and forth for a moment. In her mind there really was not reason to stay with these strangers especially when bigger rewards could be had here. She held no loyalty to any of them and if the Orcs were going to come over she could always convince them to be the shield while she attacked. But how reliable are these orcs going to be? I mean they probably look tough but are they really or are they all talk? She thought to herself letting out a small sigh of annoyance. She lifted her head toward the Orcs and silently judged them as her eyes moved from one to the other.

"Come on orcs surely there is something more valuable than that here," Kōmori stated as she started to walk across the bridge to take her place on the other side with the defenders. Though she wasn't entirely sure how many was going to join them but she figured there was far more behind the walls than stood out here. Upon reaching the other side of the bridge she turned on her heel and rested her hand on the pommel of her katana and waited for the decisions could be made.

IMG_6667.jpg

BRORC CHADSON & HIS BROTHERS
(Grimo, Horuk, Thruk, Gruk, Zork)
As the female oni made her way across the bridge and joined the defenders, Brorc and his brothers exchanged glances. They whispered to each other, noting her cool demeanor and the unspoken question that hung in the air: Were the orcs really as tough as they appeared to be?

Brorc, never one to back down from a challenge or a chance to make an impression, stepped forward with a confident smirk. He looked at the oni and said, "Well, well, well, look who's joinin' the party! You know, darlin', we might not look like much, but when the goin' gets tough, you'll be glad you've got us by your side."

His brothers chimed in with cheeky comments.

Grimo flexed his muscles and said, "We might not be oni strong, but we're or strong, and that's pretty darn close!"

Horuk, always the charmer, winked and said, "You won't find a more good-lookin' bunch to fight alongside, I guarantee it."

Thruk offered a shy smile, "And if things get too heated, I make a mean cup of tea. We could all use a break sometimes, right?"

Gruk jokingly added with a laugh, "Plus, we tell jokes that are so bad, they might just distract the enemy long enough for you to do your thing!"

While Zork pointed toward the fortress and said, "And don't forget about that mysterious chest up there. We're in this for the adventure, and who knows what treasures we might find!"

Brorc put his hands on his hips and flashed a charismatic grin, saying, "So, what do you say, Miss Oni? You and us, takin' on Lord Darkseed and whatever's lurkin' in that fortress? It'll be one heck of a ride, I promise!"

The Chadson brothers stood tall, ready for whatever lay ahead, determined to show that even a bunch of friendly orcs could rise to the challenge.

Last edited:
Ghost Bride

The red moonlight cast on eerie glow on the ethereal ghost's body, coating her in shades of blood rather than her usual docile blues. A similarly coloured bouquet hung weakly in her hands, as she idly glanced between the two crowds on either side of the chasm.

Turning to their resident scarecrow, Ghost couldn't help but chuckle with amusement. "Dear Henry, I believe that little witch over there is talking to you." She whispered with an amused smile, her gaze glazing over the enemy ranks. How could they mistake their straw-faced friend for one of those pumpkin heads? They looked nothing alike, Ghost mentally tutted.

"Wilhelm, she looks a bit like you doesn't she? Her outfit's a little more elaborate than yours... but yes. I think I'd find it a little hard to kill her." She murmured thoughtfully, turning to their own green-eyed witch. Her voice was quiet and gentle, not enough to cross the extensive chasm that lay before them, but enough for those around her to hear.

"Hm, maybe we should go over there and join them too. I wonder if I'd find any of my fellow ghosts there." She hummed thoughtfully, before tossing the ball back toward Henry. "I'll follow your lead, dear. If need be, I can pick you up and run." She smiled encouragingly but indolently, clearly not too pressed on this first encounter with the enemy.

pilyeon-210629.jpg
Régine Rosée-Pantoufle De Cordélie

• "The great grand and gallant Régine Rosée-Pantoufle De Cordélie elegantly stepped forth with refined movement, with her gracious genius, she shall enlighten the party, the rueful runt and her menagerie of pumpkin heads of their needlessly needless and utterly repugnant thoughts and spews of inane idiocy—" A daintily-dressed girl stepped into view, as she spoke out loud. Clearing her throat, she spoke, "I beseech all of thee! Have none of you all aught etiquette? Before attempting to suavely swoon a maiden over to you and your cause, you must introduce yourself in name and occupation accompanied by a gracious bow of respect..." She clapped softly with a smile.

The girl put a palm on her chest, "Allow me, Régine, to give a brilliant demonstration!" with [Primula Meadia] Régine would then turn to the figure and— "With that, the gorgeous girl would turn to the childishly adorned figure and her octet of silly soldiers to bow with a most courteous curtsy." ... She stole my lines. "How lovely 'tis to bask within thine illustrious presence beneath this sky dyed in crimson hues. Like a lemon-shaded rose efflorescent amongst shrubs of rue... and orange gourds." She stood straight now, hands clasped together and unto her chest, "I am the splendid splendour of gorgeous genius, Régine Rosée-Pantoufle De Cordélie, how truly resplendent it is for us to have met thee..." The girl said with a cheek to cheek smile and tone brazen with overbearing cheer.

She would then turn to the group with a clap of her hand, "Now be pleasant and follow my illuminant example and show proper pomp and punctual propriety!" She'd say with only a hint of demand.

Mentions ~ Uhhh...​

Last edited:
Henry_Haystack.pngHenry Haystack
Enamored by the red hue cast over darkened skies, Henry bent backward at the hips for a better look. His overstuffed backpack nearly touched the ground while his back and legs remained perfectly straight. After all, Henry was little more than sticks and cloth stuffed with a soul – and an abundance of hay. The sticks - or rather, wooden poles - that made up the base of his human shape were too stiff for nuanced movements. They only bent and twisted at perfect angles, with the expected creaking of wood to accompany it.

What a spec-ta-cular backdrop, isn't it?” The strawman commented with a set smirk as his button eyes glinted against a reddish moon before smiling at his friends. That damned smile was eternal, stitched onto his face, but for once it represented his feelings. “Mag-ni-fi-cent!

Henry withdrew to his imagination, but a friendly whisper brought him back. “A little witch, another one? Not our friend here? You mean it?” Henry parroted the ghost bride's words and sprung his body straight. And there she was, another witch pointing her catalyst at him. How could he possibly refuse?

I would not, could not, serve a Lord, friend!” Henry explained as he approached the witch with a stiff stride. “I would rather serve them all, with stories a-plen-ty!” He added while his oversized boots made him stumble closer. Still, he made it to the witch in one piece. Once before her, his arm spun wildly at the joint before he crossed it over his chest with an exaggerated bow. A bent position his body locked into, only his head tilting up to face the witch. The unending smile found uncomfortably close to her stern expression.

And look at you! Just such a tale, friend!” He chimed as his head cocked to the side for a view of the pumpkin knights. “Dare I say a travesty in the flesh!” His joints creaked when his arms slumped down, searching stitched-on pockets for anything to write on. “How did you come to be in such a tre-men-dous-ly sorry state? A curse? Mayhaps a dragon torched your land, and you are the remnant spirits of the crop?

Am I close?

Any story is better with a fierce dragon, wouldn't you say? My fate-stricken friend!

TheTimePiece TheTimePiece SilverFeathers SilverFeathers StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal

black hair green eyes cat girl witch pumpkin halloween magic candy s-736608157.png
Wilhelmina Wonka IXth
Mentions: Vaudivolt Vaudivolt SilverFeathers SilverFeathers TheTimePiece TheTimePiece
Languages: Common | <Beastial>
The short Neko witch moved cautiously behind her comrades, glancing around nervously. The sky and the locale did little to calm her nerves as she hurried every so often to keep up, her ears twitching and turning at every sound. When they stopped and were confronted by the other group, she stood back, listening to the woman's words. However it was her friends words that got the reaction out of her. Wilhelmina looked between her comrades, a taken aback look on her face. "Wh-what?! Sh-she doesn't look anything like me!" She puffs her cheeks in annoyance and her tail stands straight up as she looks more closely at the figure. "My hair is nyat that shabby! And she looks so... so old! And I keep telling you, my name is Willa! I'm nyat my dad!" She takes a moment to pout before snapping back as Henry starts to walk toward the opposing group. "Hey, Haystack be careful, I think they're... you know... bad guys..." She clutched her Jack-o-lantern [Catalyst E] with both hands, slowly following so the scarecrow didn't get too far away. "You seem calm about this GhoBri, you think it's okay?" As Henry began to speak, Wilhelmina couldn't withhold her giddiness and laughter. "HAHAHAHAHAHA... You're right, she is dingy." She smiled as she caught her breath and wiped a tear from her eye.

Carl

1697060059178.png

Carl stepped forward, attempting to observe the bridge for any particular advantages or disadvantages[1]. He then took position at it's entrance, hoping that if those pumpkin-knights attacked, -something he never thought he'd say-, then the bridge would provide a valuable chokepoint. Carl also took notice of the chest, as one of the orcs kept pointing out, but decided that it could be investigated after the immediate situation was dealt with.

Addressing the odd woman on the other side, Carl decided to give his own response. "Make your threats of perceived victory, and deceptive promises of power; I long ago learned to only care for the lives of the folk, instead of riches or prestige, and I will do my best to see them free of this "Lord Darkseed's" hands. I cannot speak for those with me," He briefly paused to look around at the motley group, "but I trust they will do the same." Carl's eyes then fell on the animated scarecrow, who had already crossed the bridge to speak to their enemies. "Ahem... I trust that... most will do the same." He finished with an awkward tone, before shaking his head and giving a combat-ready stance at the bridge.

Action [1]: Used Ability [Observation]
  • Observation - Energized F, Investigation F, Perception F - Carl studies the area and/or scene, attempting to garner information. Grade F - N/A Post Cooldown

Last edited:

Aubrey Howell

At the very end of the group, a young-looking boy wrings his hands in nervous anticipation. His eyes shift nervously, settling on one of the many soon-to-be comrades in front of him before darting to another. How was everyone able to face the force audible on the other side of the chasm without balking? How were the orcs able to conjure the confidence to yell out their flirtations across the chasm? None of it made any sense. Why would the kingdom send out Aubrey when there are more than enough people who are actually fit for the role? “I can’t… do anything…” Aubrey brings his hands close to his chest and shuts his eyes tight before anything has the chance to flow out.

Cassims.pngJackies.jpg
Then, he feels a rustle inside his sleeve. The movement is familiar and comforting. He unclasps his hands and holds his palm out in front of him as a small paper figure squeezes, with stiff, stilted movements, out of his shirt and faces him. It was his oldest and most loyal friend and sworn protector, the great sage Cassim. Aubrey immediately relaxes a little, giving a weak smile to the origami doll in his hand. “Sorry, did I hurt you? Let me see…” He cups his hand and gently turns Cassim over, looking for any unwanted creases, and sighs in relief at their absence. He looks at Cassim’s ever-stoic visage and nods. “I should be brave, right? Thank you. But, um… I still don’t want to walk in front, so can you… tell me what’s happening?” Aubrey picks Cassim up and turns him around in his palm, and then stands on his tiptoes to raise it as high as he can, his own head peeking out over everyone’s shoulders as the angle from his palm easily clears the top of their heads.

Aubrey gulps and crouches down, bringing Cassim close to his face. “I guess… we shouldn’t ask Jackie to help?” Aubrey’s own head shakes a little as the top of Cassim’s body twists left and right in response to the question. An emphatic disagreement. “You think he should go? To the other side of the bridge? But… what if he gets hurt?” Aubrey turns his head and looks up at the large group of people in front of him. People who are risking life and limb because it will help his home. “...Okay.” He fishes a small wooden box out of his pocket and opens it. “Jackie, you know what to do, right? Get on the other side and push as many of those scary guys with the swords into the pit as you can. And please don’t get hurt. Okay? Hide behind the scarecrow and that angry shouty lady if you need to.” After a moment of hesitation, he picks Jackie up and sets him on the floor, watching him slowly hobble away after activating his [Barrier F].
Aubreys.jpg

• Ahead of them stood a witch and a sizable group of rather menacing looking guards, and a threatening castle which they were to storm. Beneath them was a pit that Lucy could only assume was warmer than a pleasant spa. And on this side was a menagerie, orcs and witches and a ghost and a knight and an oni and- well, she still hadn't quite figured out exactly what Henry was, aside from an apparently sentient scarecrow- but still, one of the crown's chosen for this mission.

The orc siblings seemed intent on flirting with whoever spoke to them. Kōmori took very little convincing to abandon ship; Lucy wasn't sure she could blame the oni. If this was their welcoming party, then what waited for them inside? Régine introduced herself, and instructed the rest to do the same; Lucy started at that. While the others talked among themselves, Lucy could only shake her head. "C'mon, Kōmori, have more faith in us than that. And, Régine-" she grinned at the elegant girl- "I believe they're the hosts, and ought to introduce themselves to us, first."

Around her, her skeletons chattered with... Something. Excitement? Nerves? Maybe they noticed something? Lucy wasn't sure, and it wasn't the time to confer with them. What she did notice, and what Brorc's brother pointed out, was the mysterious chest. The path to it looked perilous, but perhaps... "Hey, Aubrey." She spoke quietly now, both wanting there to be no chance of the enemy hearing her, and to not distress the clearly unconfident young man. "You see those pillars over there? Do you think you could cross those? If you can, you should, while the rest of us deal with the welcoming committee. I have a good feeling about whatever's in that chest."

lucy.

© weldherwings.

Eoko Di (Greatest)

ee45773c8696af70b6c4d86868fe1bca-1.jpg
Mentions: TheTimePiece TheTimePiece Faynorae Faynorae And basically anyone else who wants to notice.

Eoko carried her greatsword along with her as she found herself a part of a group of complete mishaps and standouts. This was ridiculous, this was an absolute super serious mission and Eoko had found herself with an entire crew of clowns ready to be more of a killer joke rather than killers. Sighing as she shook her head, looking amongst who she was finding herself with wondering why such a band of people felt like they weren't fit to storm such a fortress in the slightest. Was this some sort of stage play that she missed a memo, and thought it was legitimate?

"No matter," Eoko scoffed as she brushed her hair out of the way of her masked face yet it simply fail back in the exact same place anyway. "Even if this force seems like an unlikely band to attempt this such feat, they must have had truly nobody better on hand. Eoko Di Greatest can handle any sort of setback such as this" Eoko answered to herself proudly as she could hear others talking amongst eachother about nonsense or unimportant matters. That was until one girl went to speak ahead for the group without Eoko Di Greatest's ever greater insightful opinions. Such heresy, for whom did this pink flower of a maiden think she was?

As soon as Régine had finished her piece and turned back to speak to the group, Eoko blankly stared back at her before openly speaking her mind.

"What in the actual f- ahem, excuse my language ma'am, I admire your approach, but clearly you have no idea what you are talking about in the slightest. I advise that you take into consideration that the scum of reality that we may be dealing with and purging their vile existence deserves to not be treated as equals and dealt with rightfully" Eoko answered in response as she reluctantly kneeled to Régine for reasons that she was about to state in the next line of dialogue.

"Of course, do not dismiss my respect. You must be some princess or noble of some sort judging your speech and attire? Do not worry, my fair maiden. For even if this champion that lies right here is clad in the mysterious dark colour that coats the night sky where evil reigns most awake, it is to catch such villainy at their most unexpected hour. I am Eoko Di Greatest of all Time, at your service and here to protect such innocent souls such as yourself. Eoko Di Respectful does not disrespect purehearted females of the path of light such as yourself" Eoko answered as she stood, glaring at the Witch-looking woman that appeared as to be their first trouble.

"This witch is simply mere villainy at its most, and deserves no respect. Come, fools and jesters to the warriors of tomorrow. Eoko Di Greatest does not believe in you, but she will be impressed by your merit WHEN the day is won!" Eoko announced, she was ready to throw hands. Such evil had to be dealt their punishment.​

Durvyn Wyrmhart

Durvyn.jpg
Mentions: TheTimePiece TheTimePiece Qu-Ce Qu-Ce Voider Voider

A talon scratching absent-mindedly at the corner of his mouth, Durvyn Wyrmhart stared into the roiling, red sky. No more was the star-speckled frontier above - replaced by something worse, far, far worse! And so was everything else. No more fields of succulent, wholesome pumpkins! No more farmers with plump, delectable livestock at an even more palatable price! Nothing! All because of one interloping fortress!

With a hushed growl rumbling in his chest, Durvyn glared at the foreboding bastion across the bridge. Bad enough, it'd decided to plant itself there; it just had to do it before the clan's festival. There'd be no pumpkins for the hatchlings to carve. No choice cuts of meats to fight over. In just one night, everything had fallen into shambles. But not for long, he thought. Whatever - whoever did this would face sure justice. It was one thing to plague these lands with a loathsome blight. But nothing - no one got between a Wyrmhart and their food!

Durvyn allowed himself a small yet satisfied smile. As bountiful as the glory would be conquering such a fortress, he mustn't forget the clan's warnings. A place like this was bound to be laden with traps and misdirection, and, as the clanmates would say, he was: 'as clever as a hill troll' or 'as precise as a drunken ox.'

The lizardman rolled his shoulders, a short chuff escaping him. Perhaps they were right about that. But at least he wasn't alone. Plenty of capable battle brothers and sisters came along! He could do the fighting, and they could do the problem-solving and the talking! The pink-haired lady with the big, confusing words seemed really good at that. So did the loud quintuplets of orcs. And the lady with the crimson horns! And the animated scarecrow! In fact, everyone here was great at talking. "Perfectly balanced!" Durvyn thought as a gleeful smirk edged his lips. He'd be back to the clan in no time.

Watching the scarecrow reach the fortress, Durvyn shouldered his heavy cleaver with a grunt. Before he could move, however, he noticed something tiny hobble past his feet. He looked closer, finding a paper figure of a pumpkin-headed mage. He tilted his head to the side. Quaint, but where'd it come from?

A quick gaze over his shoulder revealed its origin. A battle brother, perhaps the youngest amongst them all, tentatively watching the figure cross. "Who did they call themselves, again?" Durvyn pondered, squinting surreptitiously at the boy. Had he ever spoken to them on the way here? He'd no memory of it. Or had he spoken at all since arriving? That would be most unfortunate. Mother and Father always said to 'step out of your shell'. It wouldn't hurt to start now. "Excuse me, nameless battle brother, but is that your creation walking across?" He pointed a clawed finger at the paper mage, "Ah! That must be your magic, yes? What is it called again? Orio-kami? Papyromancy? The name escapes me..."

Durvyn offered an amicable smile, but something about the boy's face looked off. He looked frightened, like a hatchling before their first hunt. Durvyn chuckled throatily at the notion. This must've been the boy's first adventure away from their clan, too! That'd make two of them. "Nervous?" He said quizzically, another tilt of his head, "Tell me about it. I should be lying on my back, chewing on a roast boar, yet here I am." With a flick of his head, he gestured to the fortress, "Is it the fortress that scares you? Don't let it! You've plenty of battle brothers and sisters to lean on!" Durvyn said, pointing at himself, "You may follow behind me if you'd like. I'll need someone to - how do you say it - watch my back, yes?" He looked back to the bridge, more allies starting the journey across. "Perhaps that begins now."

Hearing the spearman shout to the woman across the abyss, Durvyn stepped forward. It seemed she'd wanted to hear his piece, too. "Yes, yes, as the-" He paused, briefly glancing at the blue-armored man. What was their name? "- blue battle brother said I am not here to bargain with this 'Lord Darkseed'." He continued, eyeing the woman's entourage, "There is no need to fight. I simply ask of you to return these fields to what they once were. Surely, there's another time and place for such a... intriguing establishment, no?"

Event Character.png
Kōmori Fukitsu

E Grade Character

Titles: N/A

Mentions: Swagkage Swagkage upscalerat upscalerat Vaudivolt Vaudivolt

Abilities/Cooldown

actions

Kōmori face palmed herself with her free hand as the Orc brothers spoke up again. They could talk that was for sure but there was much more to do than just that here. Many more things were far more important. "Fine, fine stay on that side then but I'm sure if you came over here you would be rewarded with more than what you could find in that chest," She concluded with a little smirk on her face. To say she was evil wasn't true but if she saw an opportunity to make more money or bigger rewards you might as well take it. Letting her hand drop down to her side she kept her gaze on the Orcs for a moment trying to size them up.

As the scarecrow came across and started to speak, it made her head want to hurt. The individual was rather energetic and seemed to care only about stories. "Surely my straw filled friend you could hear plenty of stories of those that reside in this fortress. Surely you wouldn't want to miss out on that opportunity no? Think of the stories that Lord Darkseed could tell you about this place and the land surrounding it," Kōmori replied as she tried to convince the scarecrow to come to their side and work for them. Though she could hear the boisterous laughter of one of the witches across the bridge to which she gave her a scolding look.

That was when another witch spoke up, "Faith has nothing to do with it, I'm simply following a path in which I could potentially get greater rewards. Though some of the individuals that were sent don't seem that combat-oriented but looks can be deceiving. But this has a higher reward so I think I will have them fill my pockets instead," Kōmori smiled as she returned her attention to Henry.

To the unobservant, it would seem as though Lucilie’s words hadn’t reached Aubrey. But, being so close to him, it’s clear to her that isn’t the case.Aubreys.jpg Aubrey’s body stiffened the moment he heard his own name, and for a brief, uncomfortable moment, he remained frozen, like a small animal caught unexpectedly in the spotlight of oncoming traffic. Then, a small shake of his head. “C-Cassim could make bridges… But I don’t know how we’d get up the hill… His words trail off pitifully, and he turns away in an attempt to spare himself from Lucy’s gaze, offering only a feeble “Sorry…”

Aubrey couldn’t help but lose heart in the face of the encounter. If he can’t even look someone in the eye, what chance does he have at braving whatever trials surely await him inside the fortress? He shuts his eyes and gently closes his hands around Cassim, holding him close to his chest. But at the mention of one of his origami figures, he perks up a little. “That’s, um-” As he turns his head, Aubrey’s eyes widen at the sight of Durvyn’s imposing figure looming over him, and he quickly turns his head. “His name is Jackie. It’s not really… either of those things, I think. He’s a magic construct, and he listens to me…”

With those words, he appears to shut himself out of conversation again. But as he passively sits there and hears the reassurances of the lizardman, he can feel a little bit of confidence rise up in him again. Not enough to actually meet his eyes, of course, but… it helped a little. As Durvyn turns back and begins making his way to the bridge, Aubrey calls out to him. “W-wait!” When Durvyn turns back, he’s presented with a small wooden box, identical to the one that Jackie was housed in. “This is Gibbo. He can help you, um, if you want gibbos.pnghim to… Since Jackie is there too, you should go to the front of the bridge. If you want to.”

As he unclasps the lid, a small green origami goblin bursts out, standing at attention, his perky ears twitching impatiently. “Gibbo, keep everyone safe, okay? If the pumpkinheads stop us from crossing the bridge, I want you to go up and get Jackie to help push them back, okay? Then everyone can get through and surround them.” Aubrey nods and gently reaches his arm out to let Gibbo hop to Durvyn’s shoulder, where he will be poised to activate his [One-Way Wall] (Barrier F, Magic Area of Effect F, Selective Magic F, Spell Duration F) in the event of any attacks crossing the bridge. “Um, you should find a place where he won’t fall. He’s not very strong…”

Little Jackie has hobbled partway along the bridge, where he is currently hiding behind the legs of Wilhelmina, his [Barrier F] remaining active.

Last edited:

• Kōmori was the first to respond to Lucile's remarks, which earned her a tongue sticking out of the witch's mouth. "Of course there's faith involved! You think that we'll lose, that it's more profitable to desert us and hope the enemy looks on you charitably." As she spoke, her mouth turned into a grin, which broke into a laugh- perhaps even a witch's cackle- at this point. "Damn, you're gonna be sorry when we prove you wrong! Sucks you won't get any of the reward!"

Lucy cracked her knuckles in front of her confidently, and put them behind her head as she turned away from what lay in front of them. Despite her show of grandeur, she hadn't missed Audrey's response to her. "That's alright, hun," she said, quietly again. She was speaking only for his ears. "You help the others, then, and make a good cover. I'll take a run for the chest." It would be a lie to say that Lucy didn't feel apprehensive about jumping the pillars; but someone who was willing and nervous was always better than someone unwilling and nervous.

Durvyn had approached as well. He was quick to join, and just as quick to leave- darn. Lucy had hoped, as the nearest and among the most imposing of their party, that she would be able to share her plan with him, to tell the rest; but he was gone, and she would simply have to hope that he had heard enough to back her play. "Look like we have a plan," she murmured to her skeletons, and with the clinking of moving bones they started to place themselves in an even formation across the party. As they did so, Lucy began to meander in a manner she hoped would be read as casual, throughout the party and ultimately to make herself ready near the pillars.

lucy.

© weldherwings.

pilyeon-210629.jpg
Régine Rosée-Pantoufle De Cordélie

• Staring with pallid irises, the girl smiled as she bore witness to the other folks' actions. "After Régine's flawlessly fantastically fabulous introduction to the child shaded in unsumptuous pumpkin hues, a moving body of cloth and straw had moved forth unfastidiously toward the figure and her octet of silly soldiers." Said she, perking up at the moving bane of birds' words and mention of stories. She clapped, "Oh my, I do find that all stories are awfully amazing! Yet, Sir Smiles, those words of thine are tremendously terrible! Even if somethings lack consciousness, sapience and sentience; 'tis shrewd for thee to describe those things as traverse and sorrily-stated!" The girl said with a smile, although her face didn't match her displeased tone.

The girl noticed Carl's stance, finding it quite fitting. After all, they were here in order to dispatch a 'Lord Darkseed'... people with more speed than haste were quite uncouth. Her hands were clasped together and pressed to her chest. It was then that a purple-haired someone addressed the maiden, she turned to her.

"I am privy to that," The girl smiled " however, we are impending upon this domain without prior notice or invitation. 'Tis customary for guests and hosts to have already met prior—" Régine looked to the side, and rested her hands on her skirt, "The hostess has addressed us, and thus we must address her after." Régine informed, her smile slight and still.

It was then that Eoko would speak to the girl, and her attention was quite caught. Régine blankly nodded along with Eoko's speaking. When the nominal champion kneeled before the girl, she couldn't help but cover her empty smile. Régine was almost amused... she curtsied in respect to the armoured one's kneel.

"Words like citron and buttercups blooming in pastures of sorrel—a maiden of butterfly weeds and black dahlias such as myself cannot be but honestly honoured by them. I give thee my gracious gratitude, yet, thee paint withering white roses in shades of red." Régine would say, covering her smile and silencing her chuckle.

As the front liners began to position themselves, the girl's smile seemed to widen. She clapped happily as Aubrey and Lucilie seemed to form some sort of plan to loot the chest; unclipping the pomander pinned to her skirt, Régine held it by its gilden chain. Régine would tap the perfume carrier, causing it to sway as it emitted a pale glow. For now, she would step back and allow everyone to surfeit in their uncourtly deeds. She was prepared to engage in case those pumpkin-headed heathers weren't just distasteful art pieces.

Interactions ~ Vaudivolt Vaudivolt – [Henry Haystack]; upscalerat upscalerat – [Lucilie Lucy]; Femboy Femboy – [Eoko Di Greatest]; et cetera.​

Tony Simos
Tony.jpeg
Tony rolled up to the group, late, but still wanting to join in against the dark forces of Lord Darkseed. He was ready to fight with his monk strength, looking like a tuskless, albino cousin of Broc Chadson with a thick metal beam on his back as a staff for fighting. He was ready to fight for the side of good, even though his head was pretty empty himself.

He would ignore the woman who was trying to get him to join the dark side, as that held no interest to him. He would look around for a group to join otherwise, as the forces of good seemed to be paring off by themselves. He was there fight, not be there for his..."intellectual prowess." Instead, he would be looking around, trying to see where his talents would best be utilized, or at least find a group to join in, so he could smack down the pumpkin minions of the Lord.

TLDR:
Witch seems interested in the orc’s proposal, reassures them the chest isn't anything they should worry about unless they’re joining her side to protect it, Witch approves of Oni joining her side.
Witch questions why the ghost bride isn’t on their side either.
Witch says she thinks it’s nice to meet Régine.
Witch doesn't hear smack talk.
Witch confides in Henry that the reason she’s serving Lord Darkseed is because she isn’t sure what else to do to cure her sister from the plague.
Aubrey has no problem moving his constructs around at the moment, due to their size they’re having an easier time sneaking around.
Aubrey has the opportunity to use construct to knock some Jack-O-Lantern knights into pit hazard.
Witch appears somewhat intimidated by Carl, Durvyn, Eoko, and Tony making themselves known.
Denies Carl and Eoko's claim, tells Durvyn that it isn't up to her and she's just "doing what she needs to do"
Lucy has an opportunity to attempt to clear pillars to reach other side

Four out of eight Jack-O-Lantern Knights moved closer to better guard the other side of the bridge.

???
bd45c1b7d23924bb93f4d36224472a94.jpg

The witch-like figure was visibly surprised to hear from the orcs and how brazen they were in their words. It looked like she was actually considering what they had to say, going into thought tapping her staff.

“That doesn’t sound so bad..” she replied matter of fact.

“Do you really mean all you just said?”
“Where would you like to take me if I agreed to this proposal?”
She’d call out back to them, before she heard the question about the chest,

“Oh that old thing? You don’t need to mind it, you don’t have any reason to take that, especially not if you’re going to join Lord Darkseed’s side, unless you were planning on help to protect it.”

Whatever the object was, it sounded like something which might be useful in the name of defeating evil.

She then looked to the Oni, smiling her way, “Very good, I promise you within the Fortress, Lord Darkseed can provide what you desire.”

Surprisingly she didn’t seem very keen on attacking at the moment. Her comment about not expecting so many might have revealed a lack of confidence.

She’d then point to the ghost bride with her staff,

“And you, what are you doing over there? Did a spell go ary, What I don’t understand is you don’t seem to be related to pumpkins at all, unless perhaps you're some kind of different ghost all together, but surely your kind should be serving Lord Darkseed too.”

She also turned to Régine, “It’s..nice to meet you too I think?”

Henry Haystack on the other hand was making a very bold move, moving forward the way he had been.

“Perhaps there was some error in your creation, I don’t remember getting a memo about any scarecrows who enjoyed stories as much as you do, but since you don’t seem like you want to fight, I won’t sick these pumpkins on you.”

She leaned in however and spoke more softly to Henry, “If you must ask it’s because Lord Darkseed promised that he’d treat the plague which fell upon my sister, this is the only way in the limited time frame with all the kingdom’s resources being directed toward dealing with this..I don’t know if I have another option, it’s just too risky…” The bit of desperation showing,

This was perhaps why she had been so inclined toward asking if anyone else would join up.
She had been distracted by him to the point where she hadn’t really heard the smack talk being thrown about her.

Thankfully for Aubrey due to the size of his constructs they were having no problem discretely moving into position, with the witch and pumpkins seemingly distracted too didn’t hurt any certainly.
Jack-O-Lantern Knights
ayrton-scanlan-jack-pumpkinhex-final.jpg

However with the appearance of some of the most confident and seemingly ready to tussle sort appearing, and making themselves known ( Carl, Durvyn, Eoko, and Tony) Four of the eight Jack-O-Lantern Knights made their way closer to the bridge exit to protect the other side of it, for now not paying mind to the scarecrow or the other on their side.

Despite this movement if Aubrey further instructed the construct to act they would likely be able to push several of the pumpkin knights into the pit

Lucy while ready to act hadn’t been attracting any major attention and it wasn’t long before the witch figure looked back out to the group and and her eyes narrowed a bit,

“Hey now wait a minute don’t think I don’t see you setting up for something! Don’t even think about trying to cross this bridge unless you’re planning on serving Lord Darkseed or I’m telling you right now you w-won’t like what happens next!”

"And what you say just isn't t-true, honest!"
She responded to Carl. "And what she said i-isn't either!" She'd gesture to Eoko.

"That isn't up to me and I can't make demands like that.. I just need to do what I need to do.." She called out to Durvyn.

The once stern and serious one stuttered a bit, her eyes looking over toward all the skeletons as well as Durvyn, and Eoko in particular now.

The witch seemed somewhat conflicted at this point, perhaps a bit concerned too, otherwise surely she should have been ordering the pumpkins to cross the bridge and hurl spells at them, but she wasn’t, regardless there was now an opening to operate, nobody was guarding the pillars because all the pumpkins stayed near the fort entrance and bridge, and there was an opening for some of them to be taken out by environmental hazards if the right moves were made.

Ghost Bride

f4dd693dc716f2156301cc53ace8d254.jpg

Vaudivolt Vaudivolt StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal Qu-Ce Qu-Ce (minor minion mention in 3rd paragraph)​

"I do, I do." Ghost nodded gently with an amused chuckle, matching her fellow nonhuman's enthusiastic energy. Smilingly, she glided over the bridge behind her straw-hatted friend alongside Willa, watching his body contort and shift erratically at ease. In the earlier days of their friendship, she had always feared that one day his sticks would break and his straw would fall out, but with time, she grew to understand that there was never a thing to worry about.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, dear Willa don't be angry. Blame the fact that my eyes must be going bad, hm? And maybe my memory too." Ghost did her best to appease her more innocent friend, patting her back comfortingly though she remained smiling in amusement all the while. "I'm sure we'll be fine~ After all we have the most talented and adorable witch on our side, no? You can just save us if it looks like we're about to enter our next lives." She mused thoughtlessly without a care.

The movements behind her drew her attention at times. Shouts of rejection, introductions, and other subtle movements by her allies to put certain pieces into play. The ghost noticed a strange, tiny paper figure waddle past her mid-way through their journey across the bridge, but her gaze remained fleeting in order to not draw attention to its infiltration.

Watching Henry proceed to waltz straight towards his target, eloquently mocking the other witch's appearance straight to her face, the ghost found it hard to stifle yet another chuckle, especially as it seemed the other witch remained completely oblivious to his cruelty. As the witch leaned in however, Ghost grew protectively wary for a moment, but realizing she merely whispered a few words to the scarecrow she loosened her grip on her bouquet.

"Perhaps I should be. But I'd like to follow my little friends for now." Realizing the witch had turned her attention to herself, she merely smiled, though a slight flicker of disdain and concern crossed her pale eyes with it. It seemed a plan was brewing in the background and when the trigger struck, their little trio would undoubtedly suddenly find themselves on the frontlines. "Willa, dear, why don't you head back a little bit. Henry, you too. Let some of the other nice folk come chat on the bridge, hm?" She smiled kindly, gently but forcefully grabbing her two companions and forcing them back behind her.

Carl

1697301373957.png

Interactions: Durvyn ( The Last Curse The Last Curse )

Carl's grip tightened on his spear as four of the Jack-O-Lantern Knights positioned themselves on the opposite side of the bridge. "You falter in your manner," He began in response to the witch, "a sign that you do not have a whole conviction to your cause; I know not why you serve your side, but you may wish to reconsider your position."

Standing still but ready at the bridge, Carl was at a stalemate with the opposing pumpkin knights; he hoped that if this was to come to combat, then one of his allies would initiate a first blow from range, and weaken their foes for him and the other melee-fighters to finish off. Carl turned his head to the fairly intimidating lizardman near him, "If fighting breaks out, I trust that we will have each other's backs at this bridge?" He said in an inquiring tone.

Eoko Di

ee45773c8696af70b6c4d86868fe1bca-1.jpg

Eoko took note of the witch girl's nervousness as she could hear the continued discussion of others during such a time. The longer they idled, the more time their opponents had to counterplan and act against them. Was it fear that others were hesitant to approach, or that they didn't understand the severity of if they never acted quick enough. Shaking her head, Eoko supposed that perhaps she should try going ahead and hoping that others would follow suit. She held a little amount of disgust for those who thought such matters could be resolved peacefully, for clearly these were troubling people who could become worse if not acted against.

"Nevertheless, it is up to Eoko Di Bravest to answer the call of conflict. While others plan and consider, I will take the immediate action" Eoko spoke to herself under her breath as she felt the weight of her greatsword in her hands, smirking a little at the joyful thought of getting back to using it as she locked eyes on the Jack-O-Lantern knights that had approached to better guard the other side. Considering her options, the daredevil within was attracting her attention to the pillars which were just so tauntingly there which also had a curious oddity lying at the end. They had plenty of people to take the bridge and back them up, this was an interesting opportunity she just had to take. If it were to be the end, it'd be one hell of a strange way to go out but at least she tried.

"I'm not going to wait, this needs to be done fast or we're losing our chances with our time taken. I'm taking the dangerous road, I may be able to make it and even climb the hill. Waste your time however you like, but Eoko Di Noble only lives once and is willing to take chances" Eoko declared as she didn't desire to wait for a second answer as she approached the pillars to cross the unconventional way.

Actions
1. Cross the pillars that lead to the hill with the chest. [Dark Knight's Mobility: Athletics (F), Climbing (F), Controlled Breathing (F) - To help calm and steady oneself for precise parkour, balance and to have skill of doing said movement]

Aubrey Howell

Aubreys.jpgWhat’s going on? While Aubrey couldn’t hear the specifics, it’s clear that the confrontation at the bridge was going differently than expected. The authoritative, hostile tone of the witch on the other side of the bridge had completely vanished by this point, revealing her true desperate, pleading disposition. …Do we really have to fight this person? Aubrey watches the back of Durvyn, approaching the bridge, and takes a hesistant step forward before following him to the near edge of the bridge, watching how it turns out and, more importantly, keeping an eye on his constructs.

Jackies.jpgTo Jackie, any sympathies the boy may have towards the witch doesn’t change what he was told to do. Push the “scary guys with swords” into the pit, and don’t get hurt. Until he is told to stop, and unless it puts Aubrey in immediate danger, he will continue in his task. That is what it means to be one of his master’s “friends”. The tiny paper jack-o’-lantern construct waddles along the side of the bridge, positioning itself behind the four knights closest to the bridge exit. A low, rumbling sound builds up from Jackie, and then a loud eruption of force emanates from his tiny body, pushing the jack-o’-lantern knights away and harmlessly passing around all others (Magic E, [Knockback] Affinity F, Magic Area of Effect F, Selective Magic F).

I looked back at the sheet I submitted for the event and realized I forgot the minions have Spell Duration F. Jackie's [Barrier F] will stay up with that applied this time lol

Durvyn Wyrmhart

Durvyn.jpg
Mentions: Qu-Ce Qu-Ce Voider Voider TheTimePiece TheTimePiece

Expecting a response to come booming from across the abyss, Durvyn cocked his head to the side as a smaller, familiar voice called out behind him. With a curious snort, he about-faced, almost gasping after seeing what Aubrey had in hand. "You have another one of these constructs?" Durvyn said incredulously, eyeing the origami goblin before him. Just like the one that crossed, Jackie, this one was also named - Gibbo. Did the boy name all his constructs? He'd be no different than the youth in the clan, dubbing their weapons with all sorts of legend-inspired names. The notion brought a smile to his face. "See how resourceful you are, young battle brother?" Durvyn chuckled, "Thank you, I'll take great care of 'Gibbo.'" Then, extending an arm, the lizardman let the paper construct climb onto his shoulder. "Gibbo... a powerful name for an equally powerful construct!" He faced the bridge, awaiting the witch's answer, but not before giving the paper goblin a dignified nod, "We'll see that soon enough, yes?"

Hearing the witch's oddly hesitant response from across the bridge and observing the pumpkin knights moving into place, Durvyn sucked his teeth wearily, gripping his cleaver ever tighter. A confounding situation. The woman sounded as if all the might had drained from her voice, and yet she'd still made an attempt to obstruct them. Why continue this stalemate? Didn't she know what would happen? Someone would have to do something eventually. What'd that be was all too clear.

But before Durvyn could linger on the thought, Carl's voice brought him back to the present. He nodded affirmatively to the spearman's proposal. "Of course. But if it comes down to it, I only hope you let me take the first hit." Durvyn rapped his knuckles against his armor, a sturdy clang resonating from it, "We need not anyone vital falling too early, yes? I will make sure of that." With a short chuff, the lizardman rose to his full height. All that needed to be done now was to take another step into uncertainty. His body grew tense as he put another foot forward.

Then, movement in the corner of his eye. Durvyn quickly turned his gaze, spotting Eoko begin her journey across the pillars. Something else stood out, too: a perplexing, dark, glowing chest perched up on a hill. That must've been where she was going. "Eager." Durvyn thought, a small smirk on his lips. This battle-sister had the pride of a Fae, but she knew where to start. Perhaps it was his time to start as well. He looked to Carl next, "Prepare yourself, I will head in after the scarecrow."
With a quick breath, Durvyn began his slow venture across the bridge. He looked up to meet the woman's eyes, "I'm ashamed to hear that, Miss, but understand, we need this fortress out of the way." He only stopped midway once he saw a familiar paper construct standing behind the pumpkin knights. The sudden blast of magic that erupted from it instantly made him stand on guard, wielding his massive cleaver. Yet, something about it made him smile. Of all people, it was that boy who'd start this fight? How ironic.

• With no notes to not proceed and the attention off of her, Lucy eyed the others. The gourded knights on the other side of the bridge seemed more preoccupied with those in that party that had chosen to advance; the red witch with them was engaged in conversation and, to Lucy's eye, some doubt about her actions; and their defector seemed to be focused on the scarecrow with them.

A more perfect opportunity couldn't have been presented to her. Her skeletons had, by this point, dispersed themselves throughout the crowd, and made a few steps towards the bridge. In truth, Lucy was sure that they wouldn't stand a chance against the imposing knights- but, luckily, their skulls betrayed no emotion, and Lucy was more focused on the jumps in front of her than the fighting prowess of the 'friends' she had brought along.

With a breath to ready herself, the witch invoked Stealth [F] in hopes of avoiding the enemy's attention while she crossed the chasm. Then she gave the chasm an intent look- and grinned. She was feeling Lucky [F]. Lucy made a run for the pillars, jumped, and hoped for the best- whether she made it to the other side was up to fate now, and out of her hands.

lucy.

© weldherwings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back