• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Community [Isekai Hell] Into the Pumpkin Patch

IMG_6667.jpg

BRORC CHADSON & HIS BROTHERS
(Grimo, Horuk, Thruk, Gruk, Zork)
As the witch-like figure considered their proposition, Brorc and his brothers huddled together, their excitement palpable. This was indeed an unusual turn of events, and they had to make the most of it. They whispered excitedly among themselves, plotting their next moves.

Brorc turned back to the witch and said, "Give us a sec, we're cookin' up something cool here!" He then huddled with his brothers to discuss their approach.

Grimo, the eldest, suggested, "Alright, fellas, let's offer her the grand tour of all the best inns and bars in town. We'll treat her like a queen and show her a good time she won't forget!"

Horuk, the charmer, chimed in, "Yeah, and we can talk her out of that Lord Darkseed nonsense. I mean, seriously, who'd want to hang out with pumpkins?"

Thruk, the quiet one, added, "Let's take her old chest first. She said not to mind it, but that means it's probably important. Mom used to use the same trick on us. We'll impress her with our knowledge and experience."

Gruk, the joker, quipped, "And if we get in trouble, I'll distract 'em with some classic orc humor! Works every time. At least that's what dad said."

Zork, ever perceptive, said, "Alright, team, let's not forget, this is our chance to look cool. And when Brorc speaks, we back him up, got it?"

With their plan in place, Brorc turned back to the witch and exclaimed with his typical gusto, "Alright, we're in, Miss Witch! We'll take you on a tour of the best spots in town, show you the ropes, and trust me, you won't want to hang with pumpkins after that. Oh, and that chest? We'll check it out, just like you said. But we're definitely not joinin' Lord Darkseed; he sounds like a total fraud!"

His brothers let out a unified roar of excitement before they split into two groups. With their whips and sling at the ready, Brorc and his brothers started to advance at a leisurely pace towards the mysterious chest.

Brorc, swinging his sling casually, grinned at his brothers and said, "Alright, boys, this is our chance to look cool and score some points with our new friend. Stay sharp, and let's make this adventure one for the books!"
Summary:
1. Brorc uses Hypeman F [Leadership F] to rally his brothers into action.
2. Brorc keeps his eye open for possible traps or anything fishy along the way, using Trap King F [Traps F + Perception F].

Event Character.png
Kōmori Fukitsu

E Grade Character

Titles: N/A

Mentions:

Abilities/Cooldown

Blink Slash - Dark Continent Sword Style F (Accurate), Fast F, Warfare F - Kōmori moves at an increased speed +1 for 1 post and delivers a slashing attack to her target. F Grade - 0 Post Cooldown
actions

1. Moves to nearest Aubry Minion
2. used Blink Slash
3. Defends

Kōmori, noticing the tension started to get thicker by the moment, let out a small sigh. "Well I suppose this can't be helped. She thought to herself as she drew her blade and held it at the ready. As one of the members on the other side of the chasm started to make their move by leaping up into the area and moving toward the pillars. "I trust I can leave the ones leaping to the pillars to you, I'll deal with the ones on the bridge," Kōmori concluded as the magic now started to go off by the pumpkin knights, which caused her to let out another sigh, though this one was from disappointment.

Not wasting another breath, she moved to the nearest paper minion using her Blink Slash as she tried to quickly get around the barrier, attempting to bring her sword down against the minion. Quickly taking a defensive posture in case there was any other surprises that were going to pop up. However she did hope that the witch would be able to do something about the ranged threat at the moment.

Henry_Haystack.pngRat_Pack.pngHenry Haystack (& the Rat Pack)
An error in my creation?” It took a moment for Henry to connect the dots, and then failed to draw the correct conclusion. “Oh, oh you wound me, friend...” Henry admitted, the wooden joint in his arm creaking as he moved a gloved hand over his non-existent heart. “You noticed the flaw in my facade and called it out so vi-cious-ly.” He continued, referencing the permanent smile that invaded the witch's personal space as he spoke at her.

It's true! No matter what, I, Henry, cannot help but smile. No frown or fright has ever graced my face.” Henry prattled on unopposed as his upper body twisted around. His lower body was slow to follow the movement with a wobbling turn. “Alas, we are not so different, you and I, both our own tragic tale. As a gesture of goodwill, might I introduce you to my tre-men-dous compatriots?

He did not wait for confirmation or denial, nor did he hesitate to clutch a stiff, wooden arm around the witch's shoulder as he flamboyantly gestured toward his friends with the other. “Your fellow and our mouser magician, be-witch-ing Willa! As well as our ghost with the most, our spectral bri-lliance, Bri! En-chan-ted!

Before Henry could further his hamfisted introductions, the whispers of the witch caught his attention. His head bent closer towards the witch as she spoke of her plight. “Ah,” He mused delighted, “the damsel in distress. How could I not have seen it?” His wrist creaked as he spun it to present an open palm, and from a slit in his cloth skin rustled a mouse into view. The small animal, dressed in a makeshift princess gown, properly placed itself into Henry's open hand.

It's truly a tale as old as time, is it not?” He rhetorically asked while raising his mouse-carrying hand high. “Somewhere, high in a tower, she waits for someone – anyone – to be her savior.” As he mentioned a savior, Henry attempted to roll his shoulder, but the movements were too stiff to be recognizable. Still, from his collar, a second mouse appeared as if prompted by the shifting. The small rodent, dressed in a knightly suit with a wooden blade hanging from the hip, traversed Henry's shoulders to raise its sword upward at the princess. “Let us be the knights that save the damsel and the day. We offer thee our service true, oh fair witch!

TheTimePiece TheTimePiece StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal SilverFeathers SilverFeathers

black hair green eyes cat girl witch pumpkin halloween magic candy s-736608157.png
Wilhelmina
Mentions: Vaudivolt Vaudivolt SilverFeathers SilverFeathers TheTimePiece TheTimePiece Qu-Ce Qu-Ce
Languages: Common | <Beastfolk>

Willa smiled smugly at Ghost Bride's praise, unable to hide her enjoyment. "I am talented and adorable aren't I, yes." Her ears picked up a shuffling sound and she looked down to see a little origami figure below her. "What's that? Can I eat it?" Before she could investigate further, her attention was suddenly pulled away as Henry introduced them to the witch. She grinned, pleased at the pomp awarded her. She stepped back at Ghost Brides suggestion, letting the ethereal woman go ahead of her. Suddenly things began to kick off. An eruption of arcane force started to push against the knights and the Oni dove forward to slash at one of the origami figures. She gripped her Jack-o-Lantern and prepared to act if needed.

???
bd45c1b7d23924bb93f4d36224472a94-1.jpg

Thankfully for the rest, the Jack-OLantern knight’s attentions were largely focused on those who were trying to cross the more conventional stone bridge. The attention didn’t really appear to be on ghost bride regardless, as the witch really only had a moment to look over at her curiously with a somewhat concerned face than anything upon hearing that she wasn’t going to join Lord Darkseed’s cause.

When the witch heard Carl however, a look of confliction once again fell on her face, “I..maybe you’re right..” She said softly.

The witch only looked nervous when Eoko Di began to speak again as if she felt some sort of might emanating from the figure. Regardless Eoko Di had little trouble getting across the pillars thanks to her Athletics and climbing skills, with the knights preoccupied they did not give her any trouble as she headed toward the hill.

Jack-O-Lantern Knights (4)
ayrton-scanlan-jack-pumpkinhex-final.jpg

Aubrey’s words were caring, and cut through the darkness of the cursed grounds of the pumpkin patch. Since Jackie had been left undisturbed, suddenly the four Jack-O-lantern knights which had been standing blocking the people at the bridge got sent flying away into the abyss below as the energy dispersed, meeting their end.

This shocked the witch as she looked downward at the small construct who was responsible for it. It was if she was surprised the party had this much power.

What it meant now was that everyone on the bridge had a clear path to the other side if they hurried, however that opportunity was finite as Komori made her way over attempted to strike the paper minion which had dispersed the knights. And like clockwork the other four knights started to move forward toward the other end of the bridge again, but at a gradual pace.

In response, instead of using offensive magic, the witch waved her staff around and created a protective orange dome of energy around Komori to help her fend off any would be retaliation attacks from those on the bridge. Komori’s sword clashed with the barrier on the minion and sparks flew, the barrier was able to adsorb the blow, sparing the origami figure, but it was now vulnerable and would require additional protection, if worse came to worse Willa was in position to provide support to those on the bridge.

“For coming to my aid.” the witch said to the Oni.

Then and only then did the witch feel that she could address Henry and Brorc Chadson and his brothers.

The Witch looked to Broc and her face looked a tad pinker briefly upon hearing what he and his brothers apparently had in store, why that didn’t sound too bad at all.. “A-Alright if..I can survive this ordeal I’d love to take you all up on that offer..I haven’t been out like that before..just..promise me you won’t open it okay!” She replied, letting the Orcs cross unimpeded on her end of things.

Broc successfully rallied his brothers. In addition his perception ability showed that while there weren’t any traps the way he and his brothers were going, he would see some kind of hidden tripwire near the fortress entrance door, which if triggered would cause a trap to go off. Since there was a verbal agreement the four other Jack-O-Lantern Knights did not try to attack them.

The witch’s attention then went to the scarecrow. “That’s..not what i meant..but I guess you’re right, but..are you serious?”

She then got in closer to Henry and said softer, her eyes lighting up a bit, “ You and your friends will help my sister?..Why it’s perfect, I’m sure you could get by Lord Darkseed’s minions well enough by blending in..Please I know that there’s magic within the fortress capable of helping her..we can free her and cure her..we.. just need get our hands on it..I’ll work with you if you work with me.``

While the showdown on the bridge was taking place thanks to her stealth F she was unnoticed, Lucy made her way across the pillars and with her lucky bonus not only did she clear them flawlessly, but she ended up stepping on some strange small orange pumpkin shaped stone rune tile just on the other side and within an instance suddenly she was teleported to the top of the dark hill near the chest! She could immediately hear voices drawing her in and calling her name, trying to tempt her with promises of power should she join Lord Darkseed’s side.

Screenshot 2023-10-22 at 3.46.16 AM.png

Durvyn Wyrmhart
Durvyn.jpg
Mentions: saxon saxon

ith four pumpkin knights sent plummeting into the abyss, Durvyn focused on the four moving in on their stead. A low growl rumbled from within him as he shouldered his cleaver, sprinting forward to meet the knights in combat. Then, Kōmori entered his peripherals, starting a battle on her lonesome. Durvyun chuffed consideringly. This battle sister was bold. Eager, just like that Eoko Di a short distance from here. Perhaps she could handle herself fine. But she needn't be the first one to get hurt. "Allow me to take these four, brave battle sister!" Durvyn called out as he speeded past her, dagger-like fangs baring at the targets ahead, "Brace yourself: this may be a bit loud."

Upon nearing the four pumpkin knights, Durvyn readied his blade at his hip, preparing for a sweeping cut throughout all of them. His nostrils flared, Durvyn's maw shot open, a bloodcurdling roar erupting from his throat towards the nearest knight as he swung Fafnir, hoping to strike all targets with a vicious [Dragon's Flight]. Perhaps launching them upward would make them good targets for the mages, he thought. That he'd have to see.

• [Dragon’s Flight] - Super Strength F + Athletics F + Fighting Style E (Penetrating F, Knockback F) + Weaken (Strength) F - Roaring ferociously, Durvyn performs a vicious upward cut, penetrating the target’s defenses, knocking them skyward, and lowering their strength by one grade for one post - Grade E - 1 post cooldown
  • [Perk: Cleave] - As long as you wield your melee weapon with two hands, all melee attacks can hit all creatures/objects within weapon reach without use of an ability.

Carl

1698091193324.png

With four of the pumpkin knights already eliminated, and Durvyn charging in to take out the remaining four, Carl took the opportunity to cross the bridge as well[1]. He'd go for the one who'd switched sides at the beginning of the confrontation, also protecting the small origami figure from one of his allies in the process. Thus, with a shout, Carl ran forward with his spear, attempting to strike Komori[2].

Action [1]: Movement
Action [2]: Used Ability [Spear Thrust E]

E Grade Cooldown: 0/1
  • Spear Thrust - Skirmishing [Spear] E, Superstrength F, Athletics F - Carl wholeheartedly attacks with his spear, aiming to gut his opponent. - Grade E - 1 Post Cooldown

IMG_6667.jpg

BRORC CHADSON & HIS BROTHERS
(Grimo, Horuk, Thruk, Gruk, Zork)
With the witch now seemingly on their side, Broc and his brothers were brimming with excitement. They couldn't help but feel a sense of pride as they believed it was their words that had won her over. They exchanged knowing glances and patted Broc on the back as they advanced toward the hill with the chest.

Zork couldn't contain his curiosity, though, and asked, "Broc, are we really not gonna open the chest? I mean, it could be filled with gold, right?"

Broc chuckled and replied with a grin, "Zork, my man, we're not exactly the honorable bunch, but let's lay off opening it for now. We didn't say nothin' 'bout not takin' it, though!"

As they moved forward, Broc's sharp eye caught the hidden tripwire near the fortress entrance. He wasted no time and got closer, picking up a rock before sending it flying with his trusty sling to set off the trap. He then instructed two of his brothers to make a dash for the hill and grab that chest before anyone else could.

With a war cry that echoed through the eerie surroundings, Broc bellowed, "We're in this to prove we ain't on Darkseed's side, but the witch is off-limits, folks! Let's go, boys, grab that chest, and let's make this adventure one for the books!"

His brothers roared with enthusiasm and charged forward, determined to secure their treasure and show everyone that even a bunch of friendly orcs could make a name for themselves in this strange and sinister land.
Summary:
1. Brorc uses Hypeman F [Leadership F] to rally his brothers into action again.
2. Brorc attacks with his sling hoping to trigger the tripwire. If possible, I'd like to leverage Trap King F [Trap F + Perception F].
3. Grimo and Horuk use [Fast F + Energized F] for all of their actions to cover as much ground as they can.

• In her haste, Lucy had failed to notice that another member of their party had already crossed the pillars. In the time that it had taken the witch to find her resolve, the woman with the greatsword had already crossed the pillars. For a moment, Lucy thought she was going to topple right into the other hero- but when she touched ground on the other side of the chasm, she was teleported directly to the top of the hill. Her momentum caused her to stumble forward and trip, but she was back up after a moment.

She turned to examine the scene from where she stood as she wiped some of the dirt from herself. Some of the jack'o'launtern knights were missing, and there was an orange glow around their defector; Durvyn was attacking those that remained. Here skeletons were making stiff movements towards the bridge, though they seemed to be analyzing every step as they moved, given the lax instructions Lucy had given them before making her own way across. Carl was charging the bridge, and Brorc's brothers were headed towards her. Good; they'd be able to help carry whatever was within if it was important.

Satisfied that she wasn't in any immediate danger, the witch turned to face the elegant chest that had been whispering to her this whole time. While it had been one thing to hear it from the woman at the castle's gate, somehow the promises of power sounded so much more real coming from the voices within. When she was younger, she had dreamed of being great enough to go down in history; Lord Darkseed could make that come true, the whispers promised. She gulped. "No," she murmured at the chest, and knelt down. "I'm too lazy to want that power anymore." Her voice had doubt in it, especially as the voices continued to assure her that no, she would be great, and it could be real- but Lucy opened the chest anyways, and spied at what was within.

lucy.

© weldherwings.

Aubrey Howell

Aubreys.jpg
Aubrey smiles bashfully at Durvyn’s praise for his constructs, his cheeks flushing in embarrassment. “T-thank you…” He turns his head away and rubs his hands together timidly, his mouth opening and closing shut as he tries to find the way to say the words he wants. “...Um! Please don’t get hurt, okay?” As the words finish leaving his mouth, Aubrey has already started running towards an unoccupied space near the edge of the chasm, where he can watch Jackie.

Aubrey’s eyes scan the bridge, anxious worry writ large upon his face. When he sees Jackey quietly hobbling along towards the pumpkin knights, he is momentarily relieved, and when the loud eruption of force from his construct’s tiny, flimsy body sends the knights plummeting down into the warm glow of the abyss, his eyes light up jubilantly. “Good job, Jackie! That was so cool!”
Cassims.png
But his good spirits don’t last for long. As Kōmori’s blade is brought down, Aubrey can feel his own heart sink with it. A desperate shriek rings out over the canyon, “Stop iiiit!” His panicked expression morphs into a vitriolic one, reserved for the woman who betrayed the group. He clenches his teeth and dashes forward. He’s [Fast F]! “Move!” Refusing to slow down for anything, he roughly shoves Wilhelmina to the side, staggering forward a few steps before regaining his balance and rushing towards where Carl is confronting Kōmori. He slides to a stop behind Carl and fixes Kōmori with a venomous glare, as Cassim puts up his [One Way Wall] (Barrier F, Area of Effect F, Selective F, Duration F) between Kōmori and the others.

Meanwhile, as Durvyn makes his advance across the bridge, Gibbo forms a transparent [Bubble] (Barrier F, Selective F, Duration F) around the lizardman, enveloping his body. On the inside, it was as if he was enveloped in an empty pocket of water, the threshold of the barrier seeming to shimmer like the surface of a still, gentle lake, while on the outside it appears as gibbos.pnga solid, transparent glass marble. As the blade draws a line through the sphere, it forms a ripple, as though the magical surface was being displaced and dispersed outwards. Gibbo hangs loosely from Durvyn's shoulder, held in place only by the shoulderpad that has clutched his leg inside one of its grooves.

Jack-O-Lantern Knights (4)
ayrton-scanlan-jack-pumpkinhex-final.jpg

Durvyn’s attack was successful on the pumpkin knights which had really just been proven to be more intimidating than actually effective at their job as they had tried to swing at him to no avail, two of the blades missing entirely by the time they were being launched up, and the other ones hitting the barrier which Gibbo put up. The knights were vulnerable to follow up attacking.
???
bd45c1b7d23924bb93f4d36224472a94-1-1.jpg

This startled the witch who looked onward looking not sure what recourse to take now.

Carl on the other hand charged forward successfully unimpeded with the enemies on the ropes, and struck Komori the attack wasn’t as powerful as it would have been otherwise thanks to the barrier which protected her, but she still got hit with part of the attack , Carl’s strike also helped prevent Komori from destroying the minion on the bridge.

Broc and his brothers were successful in advancing since they were currently unimpeded by enemies heading toward the top to head toward the chest where Lucy had ended up. Thanks to his trap knowledge Broc was able to dismantle the trap successfully. They got close enough should they want to climb up the hill next round.

When Lucy decided to open the chest the voices got louder and louder, revealing a dark purply oversized pumpkin seed which began to float above the chest, the reddish hue in the sky turned a strange dark smoky hue before the red returned and suddenly the darkseed appeared to let out a surge of purply energy before dissipating completely from the chest, what was left in the chest was what looked like an ornate purple and black dagger which had the same energy as before sparkling around the blade.

Meanwhile Aubrey was able to make progress across the way unimpeded his Barrier due to having selective becoming an effective tool to block the hostiles while further protecting his allies. Thankfully his constructs were safe for now.
Lord Darkseed
cac5b6ac05cc0aae43315910b764d28b.jpg

Before the witch could even really speak further on the matter a rumbling filled the ground, and a [Large] figure emerged from the fortress glowing in the halloween night exclaiming a loud indignant

“Yo! Who jus' tauched mah seed?! And wats up wath ya all? Do ya know how hard dat waz me waitin dahs long for da adventurers ta enter da completely awesome death trap ya set up for dem only for dem not ta even enter ya laahr? My patahence has run out, like, wow, You all dat inconsiderate to me! After Ay set up all dat minions and traps I dun even get ta use nao. And dat witch has proven ta be utterly useless!, ya all now wahll feel mah wraahth, startin’ wath da one who thought dat it was okay ta take mah seed!”

Lord Darkseed had ascended upon the adventurers, and strange dialect aside he did not sound pleased in the slightest, conjuring three sizable hellish looking fire balls, hurling one of them toward Lucy, another one at the Orc brothers’ general direction as well as another one toward the middle of the bridge.

• What had, a moment ago, seemed like a manageable situation turned on its head in a moment as Lucy had opened the chest. The previous whispers became a full conversation in her head, urging her still to abandon her cause and join the enemy. Within was an oversized pumpkin seed, ominously dark in color, which caused the very color of the sky to flicker. At least her allies were sure to know that she had succeeded in acquiring one of the cursed seeds.

After vanishing, the seed left a dagger behind. Fear caused her stomach to knot- Maybe the voices are right, maybe I have no hope of surviving against Lord Darkseed- but she still shrust her arm into the chest and around the sparkling blade's handle. At least it can't be used against us in my hands, she tried to reassure herself, her doubts starting to wear away at her commitment.

She was glad for it a moment later, as a booming voice rolled through the hills. Lucy looked towards the castle to see Lord Darkseed himself, clearly displeased with the turn of events. He was huge- and sending menacing fireballs towards herself and others. With a yelp, the witch started running down the hill, hoping that she could put a safe distance between herself and it. On the bridge, her skeletons continued their slow march, and she wished she had given them better instructions- or taken them with her- or done something else to help out more in this moment.

lucy.

© weldherwings.

Durvyn Wyrmhart

Durvyn.jpg

A devilish grin spread across Durvyn's face as he felt Fafnir collide with the knights, the tension immediately releasing from his arms as he watched them soar upward. Oh, what a feeling! Slashing these monsters was nothing like the occasional hobgoblin at home. Much sturdier. Much more satisfying to strike. Watching them fall to earth was even more exhilarating. They'd be vulnerable. He knew what had to be done next. "Oh, do not think I'm done with you yet!" Durvyn shouted, readying his massive cleaver near the hip again. Tensing his muscles, Durvyn awaited the knights to fall just in range and swung his blade in a vicious, sweeping arc, attempting to [Cleave] all remaining knights.

As Durvyn poised himself for another attack, an unfamiliar rumbling surged underneath his feet, knocking him off balance. He gasped, one clawed hand desperately reaching to steady himself on the floor. What was that? Another monster? Durvyn glared up toward the fortress, a sinking feeling starting to well in his stomach as another, much larger, pumpkin-headed figure emerged. "Is this Lord Darkseed?" Durvyn chuffed cautiously as he came to his feet. This one was much bigger than any monster he'd seen. And much less... articulate. Even monster-speak sounded relatively coherent compared to what this thing was spewing.

No time to decipher what it'd said, however. Something glinted in the night sky above, palpable heat growing on top of his head. Durvyn glanced up at a flurry of eldritch fireballs sent in differing directions - one heading straight towards the bridge and another to the hill. Durvyn's eyes shot wide open. The beast was aiming for his allies? An unforgivable act! He'd have to grab its attention away from them - and quick!

Durvyn looked around frantically until his gaze landed on Lord's Darkseed leg. He gripped Fafnir's handle tentatively, "Gibbo, I have an idea. Watch over me, yes?" With that said, Durvyn broke into a sprint to beside one of Lord Darkseed's legs. Once he arrived, he drew his cleaver high, roaring furiously as he performed a diagonal [Wyvern's Talon] on Lord Darkseed.
  • [Perk: Cleave] - As long as you wield your melee weapon with two hands, all melee attacks can hit all creatures/objects within weapon reach without use of an ability.
  • [Wyvern’s Talon] - Super Strength F + Athletics F + Fighting Style F (Penetrating F) + Energized F + Weaken F (Strength) - After a strength-sapping shout, Durvyn ruthlessly cleaves the target from overhead, ignoring one grade of their defenses and lowering their strength by one grade for one post - F grade - 0 post cooldown

Carl

1698700185331.png

His battle with Komori was interrupted by a far greater, if strangely speaking, threat: Lord Darkseed himself. With a fireball already hurtling towards the bridge, retreat would not be possible. Also, who knew when such an opportunity such as this would prevent itself again? No, he needed to take action now, even if it seemed reckless.

So, seeing Durvyn assault, Carl decided he would join in the lizardmen's footsteps. Carl raised his spear at Darkseed, before charging forward without a thought to self-preservation, and shouting, "Your terrorization of the folk will end here, before it can begin!"
Upon reaching Lord Darkseed, Carl would let out a flurry of attacks with his spear[1, 2, & 3].

Action [1]: Used Ability [Rapid Spear Thrust F]
Action [2]: Used Ability [Rapid Spear Thrust F]
Action [3]: Used Ability [Rapid Spear Thrust F]

F Grade Cooldown: N/A
E Grade Cooldown: 1/1
  • Rapid Spear Thrust - Skirmishing [Spear] F, Energized F, Superstrength F, Athletics F - Carl swiftly attacks with his spear, and though it is not as effective, it reserves strength for other actions. - Grade F - N/A Post Cooldown

Users who are viewing this thread

Back