• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Other
Here
d6nbpr0-6a9f9800-f449-423a-9ce4-f5959c591701.jpg

[Location: Outside Siren Song Tavern. With: Kale, Gellie, Torgath, and Megir]
Lithe pressed a hand to his chest "I am offended my dear. I was being serious. I've never seen an orc in person before, laughter is common when you are faced with the amazing" he finished patching up the last person before walking over to the rest of them "Green skin is actually very beautiful, though I suppose it may differ from person to person, something akin to a building maybe? As long as it is well maintained, then it'll continue to look beautiful, but if improperly taken care of, it can easily fall apart? I've lost my train of thought. But I was honestly being serious, I am happy to meet your aquaintance"

He shifted to Kale "I studied originally with the White Mage Order up in Scallia, but as I said before, their views on combat differed from mine so I broke away to do my own studying. Took up some fun times with some monks a while back and learned some useful hand to hand defense maneuvers. Since then, I've moved on and about, picking up whatever support or helpful magic I can get my hands on...also cause it is the only kind I can use. I am incapable of throwing around the elements or summoning creatures" he laughed.

"Did you know that there are over a thousand different support spells, not including those used for healing? Of course a majority of them are just variations on some of the more basic ones, but they all have their uses. There was even one spell that was just getting a buzz without actually drinking alcohol. Not sure the exact use, but I suppose it would be easier on your body"

"Oh! Before I forget or get sidetracked, or we get attacked again. Gellie, a gift" he handed her a rather large pouch of silver that he'd gathered over the course of the fight "You seem to have an eye for the monetary so I am sure you are the best to handle all of this. Now, as for what to do, or where to go next. I say we just start walking, we are bound to end up somewhere interesting, though if Kale is determined to go see the Dragon, I believe southwest is where we are supposed to head off to. Into the mountains? Oooh, can we get some camping gear? I've always liked camping underneath the stars, astrology is an interesting study actually..." and then he was off on another tangent.

The crowded tavern was growing livelier by the minute. Zaina glanced up from her hand and watched as the giant of a man with white hair she had witnessed entering earlier, left the tavern along with the halfling and two others that she could see. A disruption coming from the tavern's entrance diverted the attention of the men sitting around her. Stifling the urge to smirk, she shuffled the cards in her hand. The blessed distraction would prove to be the undoing of their money bags.

"What was that he said?" one of the men inquired, straining his neck to get a better glance.

"Orc?" muttered another. "Not in here, surely?"

The man shifted nervously on his seat.

"Aye, I believe he did," responded the third. He scratched his beard and turned back to the card game and gazed across the table where she sat. "Now, princess, show us what ye got."

Feigning uncertainty, she worried at her bottom lip as she revealed her hand. The men gawked at the cards.

"I believe that means I win," she said, scooping in the winnings from the middle of the table.

Slamming his fist against the brittle wooden table top, the bearded man pointed an index finger at her with his free hand. "Ye cheated."

"Now, boys, I would never steal your coin," she insisted, raising her hands in earnest. However, two forgotten cards could be seen tucked into her sleeves. Belatedly, she remembered them and lowered her arms, but the enraged expressions around her told that her mistake had not gone unnoticed.

Chaos ensued.

Her hands fumbled after the coins, but the bearded man reached across the table and seized her by the shirt. His chair fell back, hitting the man behind him. That man stood and howled a curse before kicking the man's legs out from under him, loosing his hold on the woman. Spinning on her heel, she dodged the second man and sprinted toward the exit.

A breeze tickled her cheek from a flying object before it shattered against the wall ahead of her. Stealing a precautionary glance over her shoulder, Zaina saw one of the card players raise another chair and took aim. She ducked. The chair sailed over her and hit a man who turned and swung blindly, narrowly missing her jaw as she straightened.

The tavern was soon to be in shambles as the fight spread across the room.

Outside, Zaina ran around the side of the building and slipped behind the first obstacle she came to and waited. The three men soon appeared, slinging drunken threats as they staggered by and down the street. When a safe gap separated her from them, Zaina straightened her spine, inadvertently colliding with the 'obstacle' she had hidden behind.

She took a step back and raised her gaze to the giant of a man that she had seen in the tavern shortly before. Her fingers twitched in anticipation as the urge to retrieve the sword sheathed at her side arrested her. Instead, she tilted her head.

"Excuse me," she offered, but her gaze had shifted to those around him, namely the orc. Her brow furrowed. So, the men hadn't exaggerated.

No matter. She was on her way to a very pleasant stay at the tavern in the next town over where the loot she had gained that day would set her up for m-

"My coins!"

Patting her thighs frantically, the woman searched for her money pouch, but came up empty. Gripping the handle of her weapon, she made for the direction of the tavern when several patrons were tossed out the door and a man appeared, blocking the entrance with folded arms. He noticed her and narrowed his eyes.

Gritting her teeth, she lowered her head, allowing a veil of red hair to hide her face from the man's prying eyes.

Last edited:
{Location} Siren Song Tavern {With} Kale, Torgath, Lithe

c1f0aafc98c864479b9bfd4a7506ae4a.jpg
With a giggle and a gleeful laugh, she quickly took the pouch and nuzzled it. Like caressing a long lost friend. "You really know what a girl likes." Coin was all that mattered some days. Most days really. She loved the look of it, the sounds of it. Oh and then there was that metallic taste when biting on a bit to make sure it was real.

She was just about to start counting when the new stranger came into view. She looked to the coin in hand then back down to her. Now a nice person might have felt sorry for the woman. Or even offered a bit of coin. Then again, she was probably the reason it was gone in the first place. "Oy, you." Gellie spoke from Torgath's shoulder. "Can I help ya?"

Her eyes narrowed on the stranger. Redheads were always trouble. She should know. "If ya lost your coin then you can join us if ya like." But where to go? "Lets go to Hill Top Inn and get some grub?" Nuzzling Torgath's cheek for a moment, she flipped backwards and hit the ground, landing on her feet.

Looking back to Lithe she nodded. "Think we all need some gear. Once we decide where we are going for sure." But her heart was already set in the dragon's lair. All the treasure and gold to be had. "Is it true a dragons scale is worth 10 gold? Wonder how many scales it has? The heart is worth a hundred rooms fool of gold? And there hide is crusted with all those sparkling gems." Her voice faded as her eyes glazed over in thought. "How that would be lovely that would."

123881895_357051098918981_3124324406714243646_n1.jpgLithe was unlike anyone she ever encountered before. The way he moved from subject to subject reminded her of a curse she once heard about. Was that why her friend thought now would be a good time for them to part ways? This man needed help? But it was his words that had her taken back. He was happy to meet her? This had to be a joke yet his voice said other wise. Upon his comment about her coloring, Megir's cheeks darkened a full shade. A smile even corked up when he realized he had started rambling again. The man was amusing to say they least. She even found herself relaxing a degree around him. Not something she did often.

The heavily robed man on the other had was off putting. First rule she had learned was never trust something you couldn't identify. And there was nothing identifiable about this man. Outside of his clothes and those glowing eyes. "I was able to retrieve my bow and quiver. I don't need anything now thank you." Although he cam across polite, she didn't trust him. He reminded her of a snake in waiting. Ready to strike out at friend or foe.

Before she could address the others, the woman came darting out of the building and hid behind Torgath. Already Megir was shifting to a fighting stance once more. Ready for another attack. But the attack didn't come. The woman seemed to be more worried with her lost money. Letting out a slow whistle at Zaina. She plucked a tiny pouch from her hip and tossed it at her. It didn't have any coins in it. However there were 2 tiny rubies. That should be more than enough to replace her missing funds. And in her eyes paid back the debt she owed the group, not knowing she wasn't with them.

Megir was about to turn and leave when talk of hunting a dragon made her ears twitch. She was looking for the dragon herself. "Wondering where the wind takes you is a great way to learn and explore." She agreed "But it's a once in a lifetime chance to see such an old dragon."Maybe hanging around would be a good thing after all. "If you don't mind me staying around I would love to join you."

She laughed softly hearing Lithe talking about sleeping bags and other things. "I would assume we would be sleeping outside quite a bit if we go on a quest to find a dragon. Shifting her gaze to Torgath and Gellie. What an odd pair they made. "You don't approve of tracking the dragon?" Her lips pursed in thought. Who wouldn't want fame and wealth that came with hunting down a legendary beast like that? Her for one. But what was his reason? For now she would hold that thought.

『Who?: Megir, Halforc Beast Master 』『Location?: Outside of Siren Song Tavern 』『With whom?: a mob, Kale, Torgath, Lithe, Gellie 』『Theme?: Warrior『OOC?: 』

[Location: Siren Song Tavern. With: Lithe , Gellie, Torgath, Megir, and Zaina ]​
!RPN1.jpg

Excellent. Everything was starting to fall into place. Really hadn't expected things to come so easy. He just needed the big guy to get on board with things. The big brut would have been his next project if the striking redhead hadn't shown up. Then again, maybe getting him to come would be as simple as talking Gellie into it. His gaze following Zaina's every movement. Oh, what a lovely creature. Human by the looks of things. "So, Gellie. Food you said? By all means, lead the way." But his glowing eyes stayed fixed on Zaina.

Strolling up beside her, Kale clasped his hands behind his back and bent slightly. "Good day. Me and my friends were just about to head off for a bite. And you look a bit silly with your hair over your face. Everyone can see you are trying to hide. Care to join us for a bite and a bit of conversation?" He all but purred the words as he spoke in a sing song tone. "Oh us of course since we are inviting."

image0.jpg

Location: Outside Tavern With: Kale, Gellie , Lithe , Megir, Zaina

Inwardly he sighed as Gellie with on about the wealth of a dragon. Was she one of those greedy treasure hunters too? Seemed so. But he did love the feeling of her little nuzzle to his cheek before she flipped off his shoulder. The little woman was impressive to say the least. "Why don't you go on. I'll stay here for a bit."

Looking over to the new woman he smirked. The mage was quick to start hitting her up. Not that he blamed the man. She seemed to remind him of Gellie in a way. "Can I help you?" His deep voice rang out as he spoke. He didn't keep coin on him or not much anyway. Then again The orc had already tossed a pouch of something her way.

Deep-set eyes of sapphire blue watched her before looking back to Gellie. It took a minute before he realized the orc has spoken to him. "No, I don't approve of hunting the dragon. He probably just wants to be left alone. Might be tired of all the attempts and simply wants to be left in please."

[Location: Outside Siren Song Tavern. With: Kale, Gellie, Torgath, Megir, and Zaina]​

"Now Kale, let the girl hide her face as much as she wants. Knew a guy back in Theoroford that loved to have his hair in his face all the time, claimed it was to keep women from falling madly in love with him but between you and me, I'm a lot more certain that he did it to hide the blush he had every time a woman did talk to him" Lithe grinned and shrugged "Could be that she is very proud of her hair, I know I am" he ran a hand through his short golden locks and looked to Gellie "Food sounds great by the way, I am never one to pass up a nice meal"

"As for the exact cost of Dragon Sales, I believe the older it is the more expensive because of its hardness. A decent enough armor-smith might be capable of making incredibly durable armor out of a few pieces, or maybe a sword from a weapons-smith. Hmm. A really good seamstress might be able to make a robe out of finely woven Dragon Scale. I know mithril can be woven into clothing, very beautiful and highly expensive. I could never afford it but I can heal and I'm good at dodging"

He shook his head and look at Torgath when he said he was staying behind "Well, I am sure you have your reasons for remaining. We'll save you a spot if you decide to join, if not, I'll be talking an extra helping and hope to see you again in the future. Fortune and Destiny are interlinked after all so meeting each other once or twice more is a fairly good assumption"

Effect_20201125_162357.jpg
Picture Source
Interacting with: Everyone

Drawing attention to herself had not been intentional, but she found herself quite taken by the unconventional group. Being the first to call out to Zaina, the halfling extended the offer of accompanying them to eat. As generous as the offer was, she shook her head and prepared to politely decline when the woman's talk of dragon parts puzzled her. Surely, the woman was in jest.

Before she could inquire further, the orc threw a pouch in her direction. Zaina caught it out of pure reflex rather than conscious effort. Although hidden from view, the contents were few and differed from the size of coins. Gems, perhaps. As if burnt, Zaina flicked her wrist and tossed it back.

"Thank you, but I earn my keep," she said.

Even if by trickery.

Despite turning down the woman's gift, Zaina took an instant liking to the orc.

The talk of dragon hunting resumed and Zaina concluded that the halfling had not been jesting, but had spoken in earnest. Were they truly mad enough to take up such an endeavor? More importantly was the question, was she mad enough to join them?

The unsettling feeling of being watched drew her gaze to a cloaked figure. A mage, she guessed. Unable to see past the layers of fabric that adorned his face, the woman tilted her chin as if the different angle would reveal a hint of it. Aside from his glowing stare, his features remained a shadow-veiled mystery. When the man approached her, she straighted to her full 5'11 height and nodded in greeting. A few inches shorter than him, she merely had to raise her chin slightly to look him in the eye. Though that was not necessary given he was slightly bent at the waist.

She frowned at how he perceived her as 'silly', but the man she had hidden behind spoke before she was awarded the chance to answer the cloaked man.

Reiterating the halfling's question, the man's deep voice was like war drums in her ears. Green eyes met his blue, but she remained silent until after he had spoken again.

"A beast that size undoubtedly will have little use for peace."

Dragons were vicious creatures. But if this one proved kind and submissive- rendering no danger to the villages- she would leave it be. Nonetheless, she was up for an adventure whether it be tracking down a man-eating beast or something less detrimental to her health.

As the talkative man criticized the cloaked one whom he called Kale, she glanced at him and nearly laughed as he ran his hand through his hair.

Turning back to Kale, she smiled. "Thank you for your offer. Lead the way."

Last edited:
{Location} Hill top inn {With} Kale, Torgath, Lithe, Zaina, Megir

Gellie danced her way over to the Hill Top Inn. Pushing the doors open as if she owned the place. With a clap of her hands, she pointed to have the tables moved together. "We need a place big enough for 6. Maybe 8." She announced, tossing the coin pouch on the center of one of the tables. A grin from ear to ear as she helped to move chairs out of the way.

"Me and my friends expect to be fed well. Bring is 6 chickens, 4 wheels of cheese, a few loaves of bread, and ale for everyone!" Taking it on herself to order for the lot. The second the tables were all pushed together she took a seat on the far side and pulled out a simple reed flute. Gently she blew into the hole and let her one hand glide across the openings while the reed rested on her nubbed hand. It wouldn't be long before they all filed in one by one. Until then some music would be nice.

A foot propped up on the chair beside her as she watched and waited for them all. Trying to save a place for Torgath beside her. He was a giant of a man and she loved it. Now if only the others would take an early leave. Then maybe she would have some fun tonight.

pic link

Sylia.jpg

---

A young, weathered woman sat at the bar of the Hill Top inn, quietly drinking her ale as she contemplated her next moves. She had just returned from a job where she'd been away from civilization for several weeks, and while admittedly she mostly just wanted to kick back for a while and enjoy the ability to get a hot meal at any time, money didn't grow on trees, and unfortunately neither did jobs; she was eventually going to have to go looking for her next one whether she liked it or not, and the sooner the better. She sighed slightly; she knew getting into the sellsword business was one fraught with uncertainty and danger, but even worse was the business side of things. She constantly had to negotiate pay, look for places to stay, and burn precious free time doing things like upkeeping equipment; all annoyances that none of the guilds she spoke to even hazarded to mention.

The sudden BANG of the doors to the inn being thrown open snapped her out of reverie, and she slowly peered over her shoulder at who all could have caused such a commotion. My my, such a big noise from such a small subject... interesting. She lifted her mug from the bartop and held it before her, slowly nursing the liquid within as she watched the halfling arranging tables for a party, the thunk of the coin pouch indicating she meant business. She smiled slightly as she watched the girl hop up on a chair and stretch out. As she began to play her flute, demonstrating no small amount of skill, the swordswoman nodded along, raising her brow in appreciation. "Well well, little one, you seem to be quite the entertainer," she finally spoke up with, her voice a husky tone of weariness. "So tell me, what great celebration do you seem to be enjoying this day?"

---

Interacting: Cowpuccino Cowpuccino

Last edited:
123881895_357051098918981_3124324406714243646_n1.jpgMegir caught her pouch as it was thrown back. It made no difference to her. Looking around, she watched as everyone started heading for the inn. Were they expecting her to join? Not sure what else to do, she headed that direction. Ignoring the glares from the people in town. By the time they warmed up to her was usually the time she was leaving. Maybe that wouldn't be such a bad idea. She did have business in the mountains still.

Once to the inn, she listened to Gellie play her flute but didn't enter. Instead Megir propped herself by the door and listened from outside. "It's going to be too crowded in there." She sighed looking in through the window. But she did want to continue her conversation with the strange one. Even if he couldn't hold a topic or maintain his train of thought. She found him oddly amusing. The way he dances from subject to subject.

『Who?: Megir, Halforc Beast Master 』『Location?: Outside of hill top 』『With whom?: everyone 』『Theme?: Warrior『OOC?: I feel a bit lost right now. sorry for the small post. 』

!RPN1.jpg[Location: inside Hill top inn. With: the group ]

"My dear orc, come in and join us? I won't bite unless you ask me to." Kale said with a wink. His amusement dancing in the words he spoke. Too bad the orc seemed so unsociable. Otherwise, she would be a nice toy to play with from time to time. Wind her up and let her loose on whoever he wanted. But alas it didn't seem to be. Oh well, there were plenty of others to manipulate into doing his bidding now.

"Why the celebration of our union. The party we have just formed to hunt the dragon." Kale said as he strolled in and took a seat across the table from Gellie. Looking over to the woman at the bar. "Come, seems a seat just opened up and you are more than welcome to sit by me. We are all friends here." With a flamboyant wave of his hand, he motioned for the woman to join them.

Kale wondered how many would last on the journey, how many would be killed? Not that it mattered as long as he lived. And with such a group he was sure his survival would be guaranteed. As long as no one figured out his own little plan for them all. Aligning himself to each one, gaining favor. Yes, the was going to work out better than he thought.

image0.jpg
Quietly Torgath followed the group. Pausing to see the orc standing outside. A brow rose as he moved to stand next to her. "Is there a reason you aren't going to join the others? Gellie would be rather disappointed if you don't." Though if he was honest with himself, he really didn't want to go in either. The talking of selling dragon parts and how rich everyone would be dampened his mood. "Don't you want to hunt the dragon as well?" Blue eyes dancing over the woman as he spoke. Trying to get a better understanding of the orc. "I myself am hungry. I'm going in for that reason alone. If you choose to stay out here then I would happily bring you out a bite." Torgath started in then paused. "But I'm sure the food would taste better with company."

Walking on in, he looked around. The mage was already there, hitting on another woman. Gellie was playing a flute. The little woman was full of surprises. Walking over he took a seat beside her. "Is this it? Or are the rest coming as well?" Reaching out he grabbed his pint and took a long drink. It was nice to have ale again. It had been a while. Mead was ok, But ale was refreshing.

Looking to Gellie he smiled softly. He found he was growing fond of the little woman. But would she hack him up? "May I ask you something. Would you really kill something just to sell it's parts for gold? How much gold would make you happy?" They were questions he hated asking. But he needed to know what answers. If she answered wrong then they would part way here and now before growing any closer.

[Location: Outside Hill Top Inn. With: Kale, Gellie, Torgath, Megir, and Sylia. Interacting: Megir Yhmera Yhmera ]
"You know, for all the fun and excitement, I don't think we actually got your name" Lithe said as he walked up to Megir, hopping up and taking a seat in the windowsill as he watched everyone else gather around Gellie "Of course, there is the small possibility that I was talking when you introduced yourself, but I have a particularly good memory" he grinned "But just in case" he placed a hand on his chest "My name is Lithe Lethwith, pronounced Leeth, spelled L-I-T-H-E" his hands glowed a soft golden color as he twisted them through the air "I am a healer and support mage, capable of using a variety of spells to boost, strengthen, and repair living organisms, such as the Haste spell that I cast on you during the fight"

He let the light fade and shrugged "However, I am incapable of using even the most basic of combat magic, no fireballs, lightning, or wind blades" he chuckled "I am exceptionally proficient at dodging though"

"Oh, on the subject of magic, I am interested in the Dragon because Dragon Magic is supposed to be fascinating to witness and I am always interested in new magics. I'd like to know what kinds of healing and support spells the Dragon race possesses, the only way to do that is to find and ask one themselves. Of course, with my luck, we'll find the one that focused entirely on physical strength and ability, forgoing spells all together"

He waved his hand towards the table "But, whether or not we actually meet the Dragon is up to chance. This group is interesting enough so I won't be bored even if I don't get to study the magic. As Kale and Torgath have said, we will be happy to have you join us, even if it is just for a meal. Lives are changed, even by the shortest of interactions after all"

{Location} Hill top inn {With} Kale, Torgath, Lithe, Megir, a stranger

Gellie looked up as someone spoke to her. "Umm, me? Oh simply having good food with good people. You are welcome to join. Always room for one more at the table." She looked around once more before tucking her flute away. "Thought more was coming. How sad." She sighed. The barmaid came out with plates upon plates fool off food. Setting them all over the table.
She smiled as Torgath sat down with her. "Oh luv." She stood in her chair to reach his face, cupping a cheek in her hand. "I can't answer that. How much gold does a dragon have? Might have to double or triple it. That could start to be enough." She said with a sigh. "I'm sorry, I am who I am." Hopping up and down as people filed in. "Yes.Yes. Where is the orc? Where is Lithe?" She looked around a few times. "Their loss." Plopping back down. Gellie raised her glass. "To health, wealth, and coin!"

Grabbing a chicken leg, she bit right in. Her cup was a 4th of the size but it was more than enough her her. "To Killing dragons!"

PixelSymphony PixelSymphony

Sylia.jpg

Upon hearing the reason for the party, Sylia started slightly in her seat. "If by 'the dragon' you mean the one that has monopolized the billboards around town, well... you are either far braver, or far more foolhardy than I could have imagined. Those stories running around about how it's killed every adventurer that'd gone after it aren't just for show, you know," She waved her mug towards the table to punctuate her remark before she took a another drunk from it. "So, if it's all the same, I think I'll stay right here, thank you." For lack of much other activity, she looked over the various members of the party who had shown up to the table and sized them up. "Hmm....well, regardless, you've certainly assembled quite the little cast of characters. Assuming I'm reading you lot correctly, martial and arcane might seem to be in no short supply. It's certainly a good start, but..." Her words were cut short as the barmaid arrived with the feast the table intended to have. Sylia smirked, finished her drink, and stood. "My apologies, where are my manners, speaking ill during your dinner. Please, eat heartily and drink deep, you will certainly need it."

She gave an abbreviated bow, and then made her way over to the duo bridging the gap of the interior and exterior of the inn. "Having a conversation through a window at this time of day? Forgive me for asking, but- ah." Sylia abruptly hatled her speech as she saw who the man sitting on the windowsill was conversing with, now understanding the situation. "Ahh, I see the concern. Well, I will assume your companions, assuming these are indeed your companions, have already offered you food and drink, but, so as to lessen your worries," The swordsman quickly strode through the doors to the outside of the inn to stand with the half-orc, her arms crossed as she leaned against the outside wall. "There. One person standing outside a window is strange, but two standing outside must certainly have a reason for it. Or perhaps it is twice as suspicious; sadly I cannot claim to truly know what thoughts lie inside the minds of men," she added with a shrug.

"Now then, am I to take it you are also going on this 'dragon hunt'?"

---

Interactions: Pretty much everybody

Last edited:
2BB2342A-8769-438C-AE82-5C4B8B73B376.jpeg
{location: outskirts}

After a long day gathering herbs in the nearby forest Luna came to the house she promised to return. A small crowd of people gathered outside the hone as the moon lit the moisture of their breath. Some crying and others with their heads bowed solemnly. Luna gazed upon their faces with an empathic silence before excusing herself through the small crowd and knocked on the door.
A man answered and let her in “Thank you for coming, we just have to know..” she didn’t answer, she understood the void that death leaves behind in the hearts of families and no amount of words ever fills such emptiness. “We just learn to live with it” she thought to herself.

she walked into the room where a young boy laid on his bed motionless and instantly noticed the apparition sitting on the chair next to his body. Luna slightly and whispered through her pale lips “It’s okay.. I am here” she reached into her robes for a piece of bone with strange runes carved into them and placed it on the palm of her hand which began to glow. The spirit seemed to flicker and finally disappeared.

The heaviness in the room disappeared and it was nothing more than an empty room.
Luna would hold the boys cold hand before parting and came to the father and whispered “He’s well.. on the other side now.. he stayed behind because he wanted you to know he was sorry for playing too far away from home” Luna put out her hand gesturing for what was owed before a small leather coin pouch was exchanged. His wife appeared to glare at her as if she was taking advantage of the situation for selfish gain and discarding Lunas legitimacy. She shrugged and walked out into the street.

Luna walked lightly with some elegance in her step as her cloak swayed behind her. She crossed her arms before spotting an uncommon sight who appeared to be a giant and a halfling on his shoulder. She tilted her head. “Well isn’t that a sight..”
She walked casually towards them looking around as if prospecting to purchase one of the surrounding buildings.

Last edited:
123881895_357051098918981_3124324406714243646_n1.jpg

"Megir." She replied simply as she watched his hands glow then fade. "I think you said something about that to the robed guy." Honey eyes dancing with amusement. He really did speak in circles. Never had she ever seen anything like it before. Well, never heard anything like it anyways. Something about him almost reminded her of a kender, but he was too intelligent and focused for that. He looked human from what she could tell. But that didn't say much, she'd been wrong before. Besides, she still had all her shiny stuff.

Pushing off the wall, she was just about to suggest that they go in when a woman joined them. A brow rose as she started speaking. Looking to Lithe then back to Sylia with a questioning look. "And who are you?" This had been the strangest town she'd ever been in and no longer knew what to make of anyone. "I want to find the dragon. Or more the lair. I've been looking for-" With a pause she looked between the two of them once more, trying to size them up. Lithe seemed harmless enough. Although his spells could be a real problem. But she didn't know anything about the new comer. "-some things. But only a fool tries to kill something so old."

The food from inside made her stomach growl unexpectedly. "Maybe a bite wouldn't be a bad thing. And it does look as if there is more than enough to go around." Letting out a sigh as she shifted a few times, trying to make up her mind to go or stay. With a surge forwards she headed in. "Let's see what they all have to say. Eat up, then most likely head off." It would be a starting place a least and give her time to understand what's going on. After all, it wasn't her idea to still be there in the first place, it was her boar's. Just as she started into Hill Top, Megir paused once more. The woman with the cloak caught her eye. With a brief nod of her head in her direction, she headed on in and took a seat as far away from Kale as she could.

『Who?: Megir, Halforc Beast Master 』『Location?: Hill Top Inn』『With whom?: Kale, Torgath, Lithe, Gellie, Sylia 』『Theme?: Warrior『OOC?: 』

[Location: Outside Hill Top Inn. With: Kale, Gellie, Torgath, Megir, and Sylia. Interacting: Megir Yhmera Yhmera PixelSymphony PixelSymphony HollowArrow HollowArrow ]​

Lithe grinned "The best conversations happen through a window I've found. Romance, Mystery, Quests of epic proportions! They all start from a window" whether he meant a figurative one or a literal one, it wasn't clear "As for being suspicious, anyone can be suspicious if they want to be and anyone can look suspicious to anyone else looking for suspicious activity" he pointed to an older woman slowly walking down the street, one who didn't look the least bit threatening in her soft blue dress "Could be anyone doing anything, possibly smuggling weapons or magical artifacts" he shrugged "Suspicious is relative, just as is not being suspicious. Look for trouble and you'll find it. Maybe it'll be a lot of fun!" he laughed before he rolled into the window after Megir "Lets get some food...and as for my reasons for looking for the dragon, I've stated it before, but I'm looking for ancient healing magics, and other such support spells"

Taking a seat next to Kale, he gave the man a friendly pat on the shoulder as he grabbed a mug "To the Study of Magic" he said knocking it back with surprising ease "Also, new friends, good food, adventures...you know, pretty much all the best things of life" he laughed before smacking his lips "You know, I still prefer mead over anything else, not particularly strong in the alcohol side of things, but by the Divines, it is a sweet tasting drink"

"Speaking of alcohol, were you all aware that it was used for primarily medical purposes by the Albaria tribes to the south east? They don't believe in using magic for anything, all militant and martial focused. They don't even accept healing magic so they've had to find other ways to repair and maintain their bodies. Fascinating stuff really. Alcohol is mainly used as a disinfectant for a great majority of things. Even more interesting, they can't produce it themselves due to the climate of their land. They have to import it from other places, so drinking it is crazy to them" he shook his head "Friendly people, but aggressive when protecting their own, something I respect a lot!"

A second mug vanished down his throat as well and his eyes stayed exactly the same. It may have crossed everyone else's mind, or maybe it didn't, but what happened when a natural chatterbox like Lithe got drunk? Then again, he was a healer, perhaps he had some way of nullifying the alcohol he imbibed.

View attachment 812020[Location: inside Hill top inn. With: the group ]

Kale smiled inwardly as more started to come in. Oh it was better than he had hoped. And to top it off, was the halfling rejecting the giant? Yes, discontent was his building blocks. Turning it into subjugation. "Here Here, To the Study of Magic! " he roared before knocking back a mug full. The drink warmed him all the way down to his toes.

Looking back over his shoulder he called to the woman by the door. "My lovely, come join us for a drink. No one will take advantage of you unless you want us, or me more specifically to. His eyes from her to Gellie who seemed to be the life of the party. He still had a feeling that if she came then the big man would two. The only one's he wasn't sure about was the newcomer and the orc.

"Now my dear woman with the silver hair, what is your name? Come drink and eat with us. Drink is always better when shared." As he spoke, Kale rose to his feet. "I know some wouldn't feel right heading off with someone they've never seen. So please, take a good look, I'm only doing this once. Taking off his hat and pulling down his scarf, Kale revealed long raven hair with eyes that looked more the color of a grey stormy sky. After a moment he returned his garb to it's place. "There, now no one is a stranger.

PixelSymphony PixelSymphony
Cowpuccino Cowpuccino

Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire
Yhmera Yhmera
RavenSong RavenSong
(I just don't know how to interact with you yet. please feel free to join us)
Hexecutioner Hexecutioner

image0.jpg
Was that her way of saying no amount of money was enough? What if he made her part of his trove? Would she be happy then? Growing quiet, he listened to the conversation. Knocking back another pint of ale. "Gellie." Torgath looked at his empty cup and quickly filled it up. "If I paid you not to hunt the dragon, would you stay out of it? Or maybe join Lithe who isn't looking to kill it at least?" Already he was downing his next round. "Man, that's good."

Grabbing a whole chicken, he pulled it to him and bit in. A low rumble rolled in the back of his throat as he took another bite of the meat. "I want two more of these." His cheeks starting to flush from the ale and food. He only stopped as Kale stood up and removed his hat for all to see him. At least he was humanoid. Not some mutated lizard man. "Nice to finally see you Kale." Torgath said with a mouth full.

Guzzling down 3 more cup fulls he leaned over to the halfling and whispered louder than he meant. "I can show you something better than a dragon anyways. Up in the mountains if you want to join me for a trip." Leaning down he kissed the top of her head before turning back to his food.

PixelSymphony PixelSymphony PixelSymphony PixelSymphony
Cowpuccino Cowpuccino Cowpuccino Cowpuccino
RavenSong RavenSong RavenSong RavenSong

Sylia.jpgSylia moved to respond to the orc's request for her name, but was cut off by the barrage of words that the man in the window laid upon her, taking her slight concession to the imprecise nature of man and spinning it into a wild tapestry of speculation and prognostication. She blinked silently at the man. "I... see." Her lips pressed together in a thin line as she mulled whether finding out more about this group that seemed so intent on flinging themselves into oblivion was truely worth the price of having to weather more odd banter, both from this man and within. Still, she didn't particularly feel like heading back to the guild halls just yet, and this group was just so odd that curiousity was claiming the better of her. So with a shrug of "let come what may," she reentered the inn and sat down at the communal table with the others, though she did her part to distance herself from the heavily robed man she'd been talking to earlier. There was just something off-putting about him, a sentiment that was not at all altered when as he spoke anew.

"Very well then, you've asked my name and I suppose that is the least I can offer given your offers of hospitality," Sylia said, drawing up another tankard of ale and leaning back in her seat. "I am Sylia, a sellsword by trade, though as I've said before, not one foolhardy enough to sign myself up for certain death for any price." She took a gulp of her new drink and cleared her throat slightly. "So tell me... how do an orc, a halfling, two mages, and a-" Her gaze swung up to lay upon the massive man hurriedly consuming his weight in poultry and for a moment she paused as her eyes narrowed in on him, "-warrior end up meeting? Certainly I've seen some eclectic adventuring parties, but this is perhaps the most unique that has crossed my path in some time."

To the large man's offer to pay the halfling to stay, Sylia motioned in agreement with her mug. "There, see, there's someone who has half a whit of common sense about him. You should consider his offer and save yourself from a tremendously painful fate."

7993D35D-7FF4-4DD7-B962-A67184011887.png

{location: hilltop tavern—With the group }

Luna starts towards towards the tavern walking lightly and dodging past a few who just wouldn’t pay attention to their step or perhaps drank too much mead.
The town was bustling. It felt good to be away from the dead for now (and the graveyards.)
Her feet were already weary from the day.
She walks into the tavern and takes a seat nearby an interesting party whom some now look out the window and another appears to be on some kind of chicken binge. She covers her mouth in amusement.

The barmaid arrives to take her order shortly after. “Uh.. yes.. how about that delicious stuff those vampires drink.. blood wine is it?” The maid nods. “Right, make that just a glass for now.”

She looks over at the two exclaiming the study of magic and clashing drinks together. “Hmm?!
If I may add to that bit about alcohol, there are some whom I’ve heard about that use it as an anesthetic in dentistry.” She grins. “Must be an excruciating procedure.” She clears her throat and notices the other revealing his face before the halfling and tilts her head. “Hmm. Perhaps a sign of trust?” She thinks to herself.

The barmaid then returns with her drink and sets the glass of ruby red liquid on the table. She takes it in her hand and takes a sip coughing from the burning in her throat. “That’s just.. wonderful!”

She gets up and takes her drink and sits next to Kale. “Rumor is it that you’re going after the dragon..” she searches his face for an expression but finds none. “..I’d like to offer my service.. I just want it’s skeletal remains.. there is an ancient power there that any necromancer would die to posses.” She looks around a bit. “Seeing that most parties here fail this one is comprised of a most excellent diversity that gives me a good feeling..it just might stand a chance..“ she smiles “My names Luna..” she then takes her glass and taps it against his before taking another long sip.

She looks over at the halfling hoping she will come. “Oh.. seems we might be losing our burglar..” she finishes the remaining of her glass and signals the maid for another. “No matter.. perhaps I can just wish for it to die..” she shuts her eyes in concentration before opening them again. “Did it work?” A fresh drink is placed on the table. “Or.. have I already had too many drinks?”

{Location} Hill top inn {With} Kale, Torgath, Lithe, Megir, Luna , Sylia
Gellie spit her drink as Kale took off his hat and showed his face. "Oh my giddy knickers!" She hissed. A face of an angel was hidden under all of that. It took a minute to realize another had even joined the table let alone what Torgath had to say. With molten cheeks, she turned her gaze back to the giant of a man slowly. "You'd pay me? In real coin?" Her eyes watered at the thought. "No one has offered a gift like that." Except Lithe. He just gave her all that lovely coin. It was enough to warm her all the way down to her toes.

A gleeful tear rolled down her cheek. The good hand came up, brushing back the unwanted droplets streaking her face. Punching Torgaths shoulder she grumbled. "Now look what you made me do." With a stomp of her foot, she waved the bar made over. "More drinks. And something for that one." Gellie shouted before pointing over at Luna.

"We got one who wants to learn the dragon's spells, another who wants an item, I just want his treasure and bits to sell." Looking to Torgath she sighed. "Our giant seems like he might be cream-filled and probably won't come. Won't be reliable in a fight anyway." That left 3 more she didn't know the motives for. "Oy Sylia, what would it take to make you want to come? We might need a sword arm." Now that left two. "Megir said she wanted something but never said what. But you Kale with the face of perfection. Why do you want the dragon so much?"

Folding her arms she waited for an answer. Yes, he showed off that lovely face and he spoke with silken words. But she still didn't understand his motives. Why was he so interested in everyone? And more importantly, why did he want the dragon? After all it would be foolish to go head in without understanding where everyone stood on the subject.

Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire
Yhmera Yhmera

Last edited:

[Location: Inside Hill Top Inn. With: Kale, Gellie, Torgath, Megir, and Sylia. Interacting: Everyone]
"You know there is a spell that will actually make them giddy" Lithe said grinning as he pulled out a small round piece of interlocked paper and looked at Megir "This is an interesting puzzle I think you might like" he said as he showed her how to get her forefingers into the paper, then she couldn't remove them. For the moment, Megir would be quite involved with the finger trap he'd given her. Hopefully it wouldn't take her as long as it did him to figure out the trick. His fingers had been stuck together for hours.

"Perhaps our Sage here simply wants the fame? He clearly has the looks, but no renown. Typically, the stories of knights slaying dragons are all ones of feats of brawn, very few magical people are mentioned in those stories and if they are, they are usually support" he patted his chest "A place I am comfortable in, but not everyone is"

"I personally side with Torgath and Sylia on this one. Dragons are incredible creatures and we could learn much from simply speaking with them, that and they are getting rarer and rarer over time. Whether or not they are being killed or simply leaving populated lands, I couldn't say. Not to mention that any who actually still remained here are certainly confident in their strength and would be a terrifying danger to face in battle"

He shifted his attention back to Sylia "How we met is fate...or chance? Something like that, just in the right place at the right time" he then grinned widely "So! What kind of swords do you sell? Longswords? Broadswords? Shortswords...? Fingerswords? Sword-chucks? I've always wanted to see those but haven't come across anyone who's used them. Unfortunate really, sounds fascinating" he looked thoughtful "Come to think of it, I've never seen an Empty Sword either. I know there is a fighting style that uses them..."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back