• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Into the Ruins - Exalted 3e OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Rykon Rykon Huh? I take it you have fought Filial before in other games?
If Psychie Psychie hasn't changed stuff from the 2e books, Filial is a bad dude that is a willing accomplice to Han Tha and his evil shenanigans. I'm doing my best to not take player knowledge into this.

Yeah. It is a real struggle to try and keep an open mind since Psychie is crafty enough to make changes to keep use on our toes.

I would've mentioned that myself, but besides not knowing what's changed between versions/what changes Psychie's made, I recall what you're like in regards to spoilers.
And this is why! =) I think this is a case where my not knowing something didn't bleed over into my character-making decisions. I like think I'm pretty good at separating in-character and out-of-character knowledge, but when there isn't any of the latter, there's not only no conflict, but ignorance really is bliss!

Thanks to everyone for not mentioning this when we first met Filial Wisdom! Nobody came out in OOC and blurted, "Oh! It's that possessed guy who's... y'know... willingly possessed! What a fetish for a guy to have, huh? I always thought Han Tha and Filial Wisdom were just meant for each other! Ho ho ho!"

Something like that would have definitely thrown me for a loop!

Now? Heck, here I am trying to talk the rest of you into freeing Filial Wisdom from a possessing spirit jerk-face Han Tha... only to be told they might both like the idea! It might be something that works out for their mutual benefit! There's a thought that wouldn't cross O Mighty Fat Cat's mind!

But... even if that were true... it doesn't answer something that's now bugging me - why would Filial Wisdom/Han Tha kill the Celestial Lions now? I mean, sure we had to open the gate, but... if this guy was half as wise as his name suggests, he could have waited until we left Rathess and then taken down both lions without any obstruction from us!

That's the primary reason I thought this Han Tha hadn't possessed him when we first met Filial Wisdom.
Yeah. How this is going to play out, even if we are successful, is way beyond my abilities to determine! Wheee! =)

It could be that he needed access to the necropolis but lacked the knowledge of how to open it, or there was some kind of ward that kept him/them out of the place that he needed us to open for him. We have to remember that even if it was one way in the 2e books, it can be very different in Psychie's game.

It could be that he needed access to the necropolis but lacked the knowledge of how to open it, or there was some kind of ward that kept him/them out of the place that he needed us to open for him. We have to remember that even if it was one way in the 2e books, it can be very different in Psychie's game.
Oh, no doubt! That's a big-time given! I've worked stuff like that in my own worlds for decades. Just like in my games, you're getting whatever's in my head? Here, we're getting whatever's in hers! And you, yours, Jay, Jay's, and so on. =)

I'll try to post within the next 24 hours with O Mighty Fat Cat recommending you guys disarm Filial Wisdom (his Grand Daiklave being his "biggest bite" after all). After this, I'd like O Mighty Fat Cat to roar out to the cannibals that Filial Wisdom is possessed and if they show no sign of retreating, well... it's time to use one of his latest Charms!

O Mighty Godzilla-sized Fat Cat! Woooo!

Because really - why be normal? 8D
Happy Jump GIF by Max

Psychie Psychie My exciting post aside here, I don't have any clue what I'm rolling here except that I hope it is backed by Stunts?

O Mighty Fat Cat is trying to use his Martial Arts (White Reaper Style) to do two things: to frighten the living daylights (moonlights?) out of the cannibals into fleeing and to NOT harm the tombs and grounds? Perhaps this requires cat-like steps? Right now, the only thing O Mighty Fattest of Cats wants to scatter are cannibals.

Of course, if they decide to stay and fight, it can't be helped. But here's hoping, right?! 8D

Psychie Psychie I'll try and get an IC post in very soon. I need to update the character sheet before I take actual important actions. Especially since it impacts the Essence rating.

All the planned advancements I've had listed are staying the same.

Psychie Psychie I'll try and get an IC post in very soon. I need to update the character sheet before I take actual important actions. Especially since it impacts the Essence rating.

All the planned advancements I've had listed are staying the same.
A Rykon post in our future! Hooray!

A Rykon post in our future! Hooray!
Yeah, I need to get better about managing time on a few things lately.

Anyhow, the sheet is updated as planned and the post is out. That should resolve all the math and stuff for jaydude jaydude to be up next.

Strategically speaking, since I've only got base damage of 15 with Adorei, getting enough momentum to overcome 16 soak is rough. I'd probably still be hitting minimal ping damage with 5 strength too.

That said, I can keep up this combo for 7 poak soak damage at a net loss of 1m per turn since we have the 5m replenishment each round. This is likely KO by a thousand bops on the schnoz for old Filial at this rate.

[Withering Attack on Filial Wisdom. Using Excellent Strike for 3m and Fire and Stones Strike for another 3m, setting Anima to 1 stage in. Pool is base 14 + 2 for a stunt and 1 auto success. 11 total successes to hit. Even if he's not negating Onslaught penalties, at 16 soak I'm going to assume Overwhelming/minimum damage applies plus the 3 post soak from Fire and Stones Strike.
3 more initiative lost on Filial Wisdom, Aredin gains 4 initiative. Assuming I did all that correctly]
Just a note - much of the above is so far over my head, I find myself quite lost. Glad you all know what you're doing! =)

jaydude jaydude is up with Grey Stone

12 - [Filial Wisdom]
10 - [Glade]
10 (7) - [Fat Cat]
8 - [Aredin]
8 - [Amara]
7 - Grey Stone <====
7 - Celestial Lion
4 - Mercy
4 - Mortal Battle Group

Round 2
12 - Amara
12 - Aredin
10 - Glade
10 - Amara's Sword
7 - Fat Cat
6 - Filial Wisdom
Psychie Psychie Heya! How did Fat Cat go from 10 Initiative to 7? Did somebody cast a spell on him when he wasn't looking or (more likely) is there some rule I'm unaware of that dropped his Initiative by 3 points?

In regards to getting rid of Han-Tha, can Grey Stone see where he is right now?

Psychie Psychie Heya! How did Fat Cat go from 10 Initiative to 7? Did somebody cast a spell on him when he wasn't looking or (more likely) is there some rule I'm unaware of that dropped his Initiative by 3 points?
The Charm is an Instant one, with its effects lasting only for your first action. After that, your initiative goes back to its normal spot.
In regards to getting rid of Han-Tha, can Grey Stone see where he is right now?
Not yet.

The Charm is an Instant one, with its effects lasting only for your first action. After that, your initiative goes back to its normal spot.
Wait, what? It only lasts for one Round? I thought Instant meant it was instantly active (as opposed to some kind of time delay). Pssh. Great. Not to be a downer but I wish I'd known that (my fault). I wouldn't have bought it.

With that in mind, you can see a shadowy figure overlaid on top of Filial Wisdom, making it hard to spot but it does show that the spirit is in the other Solar.

Wait, what? It only lasts for one Round? I thought Instant meant it was instantly active (as opposed to some kind of time delay). Pssh. Great. Not to be a downer but I wish I'd known that (my fault). I wouldn't have bought it.
There is a learning curve for every system. I am not opposed to letting you tweak your character once this fight is done. This is one of your first combats in Exalted, and there may be other changes to Fat Cat you want to make.

There is a learning curve for every system. I am not opposed to letting you tweak your character once this fight is done. This is one of your first combats in Exalted, and there may be other changes to Fat Cat you want to make.
You've already let me greatly tweak my character (Brawl to Martial Arts and more). Your permission to allow me just to switch out this Charm is plenty tweak enough (especially after he's just used it)! Thank you!

So Instant Charms last One Round Only. Why aren't things like this more clear? Then again, my head's in a fuzzy/difficult place tonight. I'm getting by typing and posting well-enough but more than that and I'm asking for trouble. I'll get back with you after this combat with an alternative Charm? Psychie Psychie

Duration of Charms usually fall into three general times: instant, one or more individual rounds, and scene long.

Some Charms, like Halting the Scarlet Flow, last only a few rounds, but other Charms like the Form Charm to your Martial Arts style lady the entire scene.

Having that initiative boost starting out can be a very powerful effect. If you beat your opponent and go first, it is entirely possible to Hulk Smash then into initiative Crash abs then follow up with a major a decisive blow.

Having that initiative boost starting out can be a very powerful effect. If you beat your opponent and go first, it is entirely possible to Hulk Smash then into initiative Crash abs then follow up with a major a decisive blow.
Yeah, but you have basically only one round to do it in? That's it? One die roll?

There have got to be better alternatives for Initiative out there. How many combats in a game like this one last only one round? (sorry, my ADHD symptoms like my emotional dysfunction are teaming up with my migraine despite my taking medicine so my head's not quite where it normally is. I'll post more when I'm centered again. Love you guys and gals! =) )

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back