• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Into the Ruins - Exalted 3e OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
I don't mind using the manse as a base of operations. It also depends on what is inside the towers. After all, the Solar that lived here was reputed to be a powerful sorcerer. He could have made quite a few improvements that we just haven't seen yet.

Ok, so do you wish to have me back up to just before Antonia walks away? Or would you guys rather talk without her being present?

If we do so just as she is walking off, it can leave our two posts from Aredin and Fat Cat there. Then we can call for the spirit to stay and ask her some questions.

If we do so just as she is walking off, it can leave our two posts from Aredin and Fat Cat there. Then we can call for the spirit to stay and ask her some questions.
Yeah, I'm okay with this.

Remind me again; what is it the Hearthstone in question actually does? Or do we not know that yet?

Fat Cat and I would rather be on Antonia's good side than bad side. We fail that challenge? We don't only miss out on her good side but we also might make an enemy out of her. I'd like the option of coming back here later down the road if we have to.

I think if we want a challenge, let's take on this ghost. That anima power Aredin's got might come in handy there too, right?

With that last post, I'll pause posting for Da Chonk here so that Eonivar Eonivar and Chowlett Chowlett can catch up and get some time in too. =)

Fat Cat and I would rather be on Antonia's good side than bad side. We fail that challenge? We don't only miss out on her good side but we also might make an enemy out of her. I'd like the option of coming back here later down the road if we have to.

I think if we want a challenge, let's take on this ghost. That anima power Aredin's got might come in handy there too, right?
It's not that I wanted the hearthstone, just that I figured Psychie might've had something fun in mind for us.

It's Psychie. She'll always have something fun in mind for her us. =)

Excited The Child GIF by Disney+

Psychie Psychie I still have questions about Fat Cat's Animal form (in part because of this challenge coming up where his Animal form might make a difference).

In the Lunars book (p. 132), it is mentioned, "She gains the animal’s innate special abilities and Merits. Dice or successes added by these count as Charm bonuses." Some animals are found in the Exalted Core Book (p. 554). Fat Cat has properties of both the housecat (general attitude and shape but obviously not size) and the great cat (closer to Fat Cat's true size, is jungle-bred, stealthy, has enhanced senses).

I'm thinking O Mighty Fat Cat is closer to being a great cat (Exalted p. 565) than tiny cat (Exalted p. 560) but I've never made a Lunar before. What do you say?
I don't want this getting lost in the ether. Any recommendations anyone?

Do I create a cat? A great cat? A custom-made creature? Something else?

I would have to say you should go with what you feel will represent your character the best. Is it the small cat, or the giant one? Each has their advantages. Personally, I'd lean more towards the great cat.

geez my devices are not showing all the thread updates...and I have been crazy busy...I have missed a bunch but I hope Mercy's response catches her up some. And now my lunch is over boooooo...I have to go back to work...more booooooo

I feel your pain, last week was both busy and a bit of a downer. At least things are looking better this week over here.

geez my devices are not showing all the thread updates...and I have been crazy busy...I have missed a bunch but I hope Mercy's response catches her up some. And now my lunch is over boooooo...I have to go back to work...more booooooo
Eonivar Eonivar Re: work. Hang in there, Eonivar!

Re: Mercy. Mercy's response looks just fine to me! That she switches to a tongue my character doesn't know leaves him out of that conversation, but what's the point of having different languages if you can't use them? =)

Hahaha
Eonivar Eonivar Re: work. Hang in there, Eonivar!

Re: Mercy. Mercy's response looks just fine to me! That she switches to a tongue my character doesn't know leaves him out of that conversation, but what's the point of having different languages if you can't use them? =)
Well Mercy seeks to show respect to the Spirit by addressing it in its native tongue.

It’s not Mercy’s fault you do not know Old Realm?!? She probably thinks that all Celestial Exalted know Old Realm. 🤣

Wait until she activates the charm to where the only thing she understands is Old Realm (so she can get an automatic success in occult rolls)….I hope Mr. Fat Cat is good at charades 🤣

Wait until she activates the charm to where the only thing she understands is Old Realm (so she can get an automatic success in occult rolls)….I hope Mr. Fat Cat is good at charades 🤣
Ha ha! Is Charades Socialize or Presence? =)

In the games that I run, I often recommend folks choose different languages as it often opens their minds up to different cultures. I don't know how or if that'll play out in this game, but what's the point of having languages and culture if you can't share them?

At start, I very nearly chose Old Realm for Fat Cat but I put the Merits into places I thought better suited him. Still, I liked the idea of knowing the language of the bad guys who were chasing us (that is Old Realm, right? I don't have my PDFs in front of me).

Just for a quick summary on languages...

Old Realm is the language of spirits, gods, and the First Age of the Exalted Host. It was the language of the Realm ruled by Solars. High Realm is the language of the Dragon-Blooded Dynasty and the Realm of the Second Age. Low Realm is the dialect the common folk speak within "the Realm", mostly the Blessed Isle.

Riverspeak is the standard native tongue to the region in the Eastern Direction of the Threshold known as the Scavenger Lands (Due to the large number of ruins and antiquities still being uncovered, explored, and usually looted since the apocalyptic events at the turning of the age).

Why was Riverspeak important? Well, the Scavenge is where the central headquarters of the Guild is. So that means Riverspeak is an important Trade language, alongside High Realm. It's not even seen as suspicious or abnormal to pick up High Realm over one's life if you intend to do business with Realm officials. So for a smuggler, both are highly advantageous in the long term.

Last edited:
I would have to say you should go with what you feel will represent your character the best. Is it the small cat, or the giant one? Each has their advantages. Personally, I'd lean more towards the great cat.
Sherwood Sherwood Cool! Although Fat Cat looks like a giant house cat in animal form, he was mostly raised in a magical jungle where he had to hunt. That makes more sense to go Great Cat.

Cat and Great Cat are the only two animal types that I see that come anywhere close to what he is.

Playing a Lunar so far is a lot of fun! I think Psychie is wonderfully generous inallowing me to keep the mutations on Fat Cat's animal form because that's what he really is in my head.

There's still a great deal to learn though.

Just a reminder, the stat block (or dice pools rather) is largely irrelevant because almost none of them are liable to exceed your baseline capability. What matters more is the set of merits for the animal. There is only a slight difference between the two sets once you remove the size-based merit and the Latent merits (which Lunars for some dumb reason don't get access to).

Just a reminder, the stat block (or dice pools rather) is largely irrelevant because almost none of them are liable to exceed your baseline capability.
That was the conclusion I had come to, but having no experience I was going to ask.

What matters more is the set of merits for the animal. There is only a slight difference between the two sets once you remove the size-based merit and the Latent merits (which Lunars for some dumb reason don't get access to).
I agree, especially with my not knowing what other merits/animals are out there.

I see the differences as being small but important. For example, the Cat gets a hearing-based perception bonus while The Great Cat gets a sight and smell bonus which is better for hunter. Da Chonk is a hunter.

EDIT: Great Cats get hearing and smell bonuses along with night vision. =)

As always, what I'm going for here is accuracy. I ask myself, "What is O Mighty Fat Cat? What should he be in the world of Exalted?"

This brings up another question concerning Essence and Motes. So, the more Artifacts a character is attuned to, the less Motes they can use? Or is that Mote number just there to put a cap on how many artifacts one can be attuned to?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back