• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Into the Ruins - Exalted 3e OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
BTW, Purr Purr Go ahead and put Chonk up in the Character thread, and any edits you need to make on him can be done there. That way, we have everyone's characters in the same place.
I have not forgotten about this. Every time I think I'm ready to put up a post, something else changes.

Okay. So... I need to make a decision here:

I want Da Chonk to have that Stamina of 5. Terrifying Ogre Alteration requires a Strength of 5. That's 4 more Mutation points which can be used both in DBT and in Fat Cat form! Which means I'd have to downgrade Da Chonk's Dexterity to 3 which makes him less of an archer with the Nightbane Bow. Plus, he'd need Medicine to get the most use out of that. I have many Merits and a few Bonus Points still to spend.

Huh! What to do?

Next IC post is up. It took me a bit, because I have been working on all this OCC stuff. Not that I'm complaining, because it has been fun helping Dannigan with his character.
I'm having a great time too! What is the call on the Unison armor? Do you want it in the game (it's very neat but very complex to me)? If so, could it be a saddle in Fat Cat/Totem Form/Spirit Shape/Animal/"Cat Bus" -the Bus/<insert your favorite name for it here>? =)

Cool. So, we have two dematerialized Blood Apes to deal with. Interesting.
I saw that too. Got any dematerialized bunches of bananas handy by chance? You know, to lure them away? Heh!

I want Da Chonk to have that Stamina of 5. Terrifying Ogre Alteration requires a Strength of 5. That's 4 more Mutation points which can be used both in DBT and in Fat Cat form! Which means I'd have to downgrade Da Chonk's Dexterity to 3 which makes him less of an archer with the Nightbane Bow. Plus, he'd need Medicine to get the most use out of that. I have many Merits and a few Bonus Points still to spend.
If you drop your Dex to 3, you'd also have to pick up Emerald Grasshopper Charm later, since it requires a Dex of 4.

If you drop your Dex to 3, you'd also have to pick up Emerald Grasshopper Charm later, since it requires a Dex of 4.
Ack! Barf! Thank you, bud!

Sherwood be lookin' out for me. =)

I'm having a great time too! What is the call on the Unison armor? Do you want it in the game (it's very neat but very complex to me)? If so, could it be a saddle in Fat Cat/Totem Form/Spirit Shape/Animal/"Cat Bus" -the Bus/<insert your favorite name for it here>? =)
Hmmm. I don't mind Unison as armor. It is a powerful suit with great benefits. However, you will still have to get some points spent to make a moonsilver backpack/howdah/saddle-thing. I am thinking about the cost of adding that to the armor, or if I will need you to spend some points to get it as a separate artifact. Give me a bit.

Perhaps you can just make it a special effect of the moonsilver?

I am thinking that I will stick with the extra 1 dot charge to the armor to have it be able to go into saddle mode.

O.K.. After more serious thought, I think I am leaning away from the Nightbane Bow (as it will cost Archery, Medicine, and a Charm, and a higher Intelligence wouldn't hurt and boy, is this adding up fast and I don't think I can afford all of the changes).

So maybe back to the recommendation of the The Hundred Rings of Hadam-Ul (p. 321, Lunars)? It's a 3-point Artifact using Martial Arts Skill as its Ability.

Wait. Didn't you guys say earlier that Martial Arts could be taken by itself unless you wanted a particular style, then it cost the 4-point Merit?

There it is.

As far as I know, you can take the Martial Art Ability without having to take the 4 dot Merit and get a Charm-based style. It can work for you to do that if it is what you are looking for.

The Core book p. 154 says differently, but it's your game. "Special rules: Martial Arts is a special Ability, which a character must possess the Martial Artist Merit (pgs. 163-164) to purchase." Solars then get special rules to Caste because they have Favored abilities, but not Lunars. And that's O.K.! I can look for another weapon and maybe go Melee. =)

Last edited:
O.K.! With Psychie Psychie 's permission, I'd like to choose the Flying Silver Dream moonsilver Daiklave (p. 53, Arms of the Chosen). It's one of the few (if only) moonsilver weapons in the Arms book that isn't so wrapped up in Solar Charms that it appears difficult for a Lunar to use. In fact, it seems this particular sword is not only very open to being used by a non-Solar, but it's protective abilities and loyalty are right up O Mighty Fat Cat's alley. =)

It takes Melee (not Martial Arts) and I really like all of its powers (there are a few moonsilver items out there that come close to fitting the bill, but they appear so Lunar-unfriendly that they don't seem to fit). I believe the Flying Silver Dream sword does fit the bill.

But only if it's right for your campaign, Psychie. =)

I am thinking that I will stick with the extra 1 dot charge to the armor to have it be able to go into saddle mode.
And let me know when you come to conclusion here too, please. =)

The Flying Silver Dream is a nice weapon. It gives you the ability to have it attack and still keep your hands free to engage in other activities, like carrying stuff, or performing a separate attack. Good choice.

Thank you!

I like the spirit of the weapon. My character is very loyal and the sword seems made of the same stuff. It is what Dungeons & Dragons would call a dancing sword! How cool are those? I want to get resonance with that sword just to have resonance with that sword (I'm sure that sounds goofy). =)

If approved, I hope they will work out well together. =)

Cool. So, we have two dematerialized Blood Apes to deal with. Interesting.
Yeah work is a bit busy I am going to have Mercy tell the gang about the Apes presence when I get an opportunity(it may have to wait until this evening), and then maybe bringing in the demon wasp to help out, still pondering though, we’ll see.

Chonk…is the nickname for one of my house cats…so I chuckle when I see it used in the context of this game…

Chonk…is the nickname for one of my house cats…so I chuckle when I see it used in the context of this game…
Eonivar Eonivar Ha ha! That's terrific! I'm glad!

I wanted to play this big, big character who had a serious side but didn't take himself too seriously, hence both names. =)

I wanted to play this big, big character who had a serious side but didn't take himself too seriously, hence both names. =)

Neat! They will be a nice contrast to the tiny, thin and petite yet fiery (in many ways literally) Mercy.

Neat! They will be a nice contrast to the tiny, thin and petite yet fiery (in many ways literally) Mercy.
Oh, she's tiny? I missed that! If he were there now, I imagine he'd be smiling at Aredin in a friendly and mischievous manner while getting the ladies clothes of any kind (including tearing his own cloak in half for each of them if necessary!).

Then I imagine he'd be turning into his Fat Cat form, running off to this Kerwin's wagon, grabbing it, and then running over Kerwin and his lads on his way back to the Circle - unknowingly with Chowlett's character still in there! Oops! =)

That's the kind of thing you should do in Exalted, isn't it?

Psychie Psychie I put his character sheet up last night in the Character section. I still have some things to do but he's far closer to being finished and he was a little while ago. That's thanks to everyone's help! =)

Oh, she's tiny? I missed that! If he were there now, I imagine he'd be smiling at Aredin in a friendly and mischievous manner while getting the ladies clothes of any kind (including tearing his own cloak in half for each of them if necessary!).
well she maybe could be normal height, but probably a lot shorter and more petite than her solar circle brothers and sister.

So are Exalted normally taller than regular human beings or something?

So are Exalted normally taller than regular human beings or something?
I think they are human sized generally but with the right training and charms and attributes can be bigger. Exalted uses an anime aesthetic so to speak.

I think they are human sized generally but with the right training and charms and attributes can be bigger. Exalted uses an anime aesthetic so to speak.
Oh! Okay!

Whispering to herself in Low Realm <"Two Erymanthus...ew">
These refer to the spirit apes, the dematerialized creatures?

Would a Lunar know what those are?

She moved slightly to the side of the wagon that was closer to her two brothers and sister that were standing off with the Dragon Blooded and his soldiers, and spoke out to Amara, Aredin, and Grey Stone.
Are your characters really related by blood? Or is this figurative speech?

Last edited:
These refer to the spirit Apes, the dematerialized creatures?

Would a Lunar know what those are?
Yes, Erymanthus is their name. Mercy is learned and an expert in occult and specializes in demons, so she knows the names of all or most of the demons, particularly the first cicle ones.

It depends if you character is learned in occult or not. (And if he understands Low Realm...)

Are your characters really related by blood? Or is this figurative speech?
Not by blood no, but Mercy is very in touch with her past life as an exalted. Because of this connection, she is very close to her circle and calls them brothers and sister. There used to be a Merit that connected a character closer to the self in the past life, she would have this if it was there.

Cool! Mercy sounds like a very deep character!

Psychie Psychie Not knowing entirely how Lunars work, but understanding that both their human form and their animal form are natural forms, I've been wondering if it would be possible to play a cat that Exalted and gained a human form and that's what my character would be. Just a little kitten running around in the forest chased by hunters into the Wyld until one day, bang! He became a Lunar and the O Mighty Fat Cat was born!

(I have moderate-to-severe ADHD - daydreaming comes naturally! 8D)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back