• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Into the Ruins - Exalted 3e OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Don't forget that we are all just starting level characters at Essence 1, and a lot of stuff will come available to us as we hit E2+ and build on our sheets. Take what you can't do without now, and build up to the rest of the stuff with xp.

Glance-Oration Technique (Appearance) - It's fairly expensive mote wise, but it is a justification to be able to communicate effectively while in an animal shape or if you simply just want to be silent. In the right hands, there's a strong sales pitch for one that walks in dark places.
Oh, that's a keeper! 8D

Don't forget that we are all just starting level characters at Essence 1, and a lot of stuff will come available to us as we hit E2+ and build on our sheets. Take what you can't do without now, and build up to the rest of the stuff with xp.
Sherwood Sherwood Heya bud! Absolutely! I've considered this. My main problem remains - I don't know what to take! With this Deadly Beast Transformation vs. Artifacts issue, I risk screwing up even with the custom Moonsilver saddle Psychie created for Da Chonk.

I somehow gained the impression we'd be on the move. I like this safehouse idea greatly, but not if it's just going to be left behind.
Eventually, I am thinking we will be settling down to stake out our own turf somewhere. Those kind of Den Warding Prana style charms will come in handy then.

Sherwood Sherwood Heya bud! Absolutely! I've considered this. My main problem remains - I don't know what to take! With this Deadly Beast Transformation vs. Artifacts issue, I risk screwing up even with the custom Moonsilver saddle Psychie created for Da Chonk.
If its moonsilver, you don't have a problem with going into DBT form. It is always a resonant metal for you.

Oh, okay! So... only choose Moonsilver items and DBT is all good?

I somehow gained the impression we'd be on the move. I like this safehouse idea greatly, but not if it's just going to be left behind.
Well that's the fun thing with this charm. Nothing is stopping you from making a new burrow elsewhere.
Oh, that's a keeper! 8D

Ah, right. As we discussed with Zelator. This only has a slight effect on how certain, specific evocations work, but it doesn't prevent you from using artifacts. How big a deal this is depends on two things.

1. Did you actually buy any evocations for the artifact? (or plan to?)
2. Do those specific evocations have any adjustments based on whether you are resonant or dissonant? (If so, how large of an impact is that change? Usually it's very minor in scope and impact.)

Eventually, I am thinking we will be settling down to stake out our own turf somewhere. Those kind of Den Warding Prana style charms will come in handy then.
I might choose it then. I'll need Psychie to guide me on that one.

Oh, okay! So... only choose Moonsilver items and DBT is all good?
Yup. Many Lunars consider even the most basic of moonsilver trinkets as 'Lunar' property, and will be all butt-hurt if they see any of it being used by a different kind of Exalt; unless that Exalt has proven themselves to be worthy of such an honor.

I might choose it then. I'll need Psychie to guide me on that one.
I can't speak for our Story Teller's intentions in the long-term. However, the current scenario has our characters on the move cause we're being chased by the Wyld Hunt (a fancy label for a glorified lynch mob that Dragon-Blooded regularly organize to deal with Celestial Exalts).

Now things are well and good when your forces are pursuing what looks like 5 somewhat normal-looking people... but against titanic super cat? Courage suddenly decides to take a smoke break for a minute and other previous decisions suddenly don't feel like such a great idea in the moment. I mean, would you wanna fight Skyscraper Cat Bus in hand-to-hand combat?

Last edited:
Psychie Psychie Heya Psychie! Good to see you too! Hurricane Ian is now down (from a Cat 4) down to a Category 1 hurricane! Woohoo!

This is what's currently on my plate:

Well that's the fun thing with this charm. Nothing is stopping you from making a new burrow elsewhere.
o rly? =) Is that how it works? I *do* love the idea of being able to hide all of us somewhere (more or less) safe. =)

Ah, right. As we discussed with Zelator. This only has a slight effect on how certain, specific evocations work, but it doesn't prevent you from using artifacts. How big a deal this is depends on two things.

1. Did you actually buy any evocations for the artifact? (or plan to?)
2. Do those specific evocations have any adjustments based on whether you are resonant or dissonant? (If so, how large of an impact is that change? Usually it's very minor in scope and impact.)
1. Well... why buy an Artifact if you're not going to invest in the Evocations?
2. Yeah. I don't have enough gaming experience to know (yet).

Yup. Many Lunars consider even the most basic of moonsilver trinkets as 'Lunar' property, and will be all butt-hurt if they see any of it being used by a different kind of Exalt; unless that Exalt has proven themselves to be worthy of such an honor.
I remember reading something about that!

So... there are two things I really want to get into my head:
1. Like Psychie said, regardless of what the books say, Lunars are different than Solars (so I don't need to worry about the enemies that take your Solars on crushing my Lunar).
2. Moonsilver is DBT-friendly. I *can* have both. If I choose something like the Nightbane Bow, I can use that in Da Chonk's human form. Otherwise it's all melee in DBT and Spirit Shape forms (at least for now).

To be sure here - I'm used to playing Garou (werewolves). They could use items in Crinos (DBT) form. Here, the DBT can't use tools or can they? Plus, what happens to the Lunar psychologically when they enter DBT? Are they mentally stable or do they go kind of nuts?

How can I be of service? What can I do to aid you?
Given the Circle is constantly on the run, Is Secure Den Prana (Wits) worth getting?

I can't speak for our Story Teller's intentions in the long-term. However, the current scenario has our characters on the move cause we're being chased by the Wyld Hunt (a fancy label for a glorified lynch mob that Dragon-Blooded regularly organize to deal with Celestial Exalts).

Now things are well and good when your forces are pursuing what looks like 5 somewhat normal-looking people... but against titanic super cat? Courage suddenly decides to take a smoke break for minute and other previous decisions suddenly don't feel like such a great idea in the moment. I mean, would you wanna a fight Skyscraper Cat Bus in hand-to-hand combat?
Rykon, you are laugh riot, dude! HAH!

EDIT: O Mighty Fat Cat is about the size of a big bus in animal form. =)

Sherwood Sherwood Oh and you were dead-on about Arms of the Chosen being worth it! That book is fun to read!

For Rykon Rykon

This is the inspiration for Fat Cat being a Transporter. I see Da Chonk being about this big (or maybe bigger - whatever fits all of the Circle on this saddle of his!). =)
Hayao Miyazaki's absolutely fantastic film, "My Neighbor Totoro." =)

"Totoro Takes The Cat Bus | My Neighbor Totoro | HBO Max Family"

Given the Circle is constantly on the run, Is Secure Den Prana (Wits) worth getting?
It is a good Charm to get to be able to give you a secure hiding place while on the run. Not a bad thing when you have supernatural hunters on your heels.

It is a good Charm to get to be able to give you a secure hiding place while on the run. Not a bad thing when you have supernatural hunters on your heels.
Ah! Okay! I'll take it then! =)

To be sure here - I'm used to playing Garou (werewolves). They could use items in Crinos (DBT) form. Here, the DBT can't use tools or can they? Plus, what happens to the Lunar psychologically when they enter DBT? Are they mentally stable or do they go kind of nuts?
Psychie Psychie ?

Also, what do you think about the Nightbane Bow (p. 323, Lunars) and the Unison armor (p. 110, Arms of the Chosen)? If I'm not stretching Fat Cat too thin, I could see him healing people and that armor is just like the armor you provided and then some. I can't say I understand everything the Nightbane Bow and Unison do, but I like what I see. Do you?

Also, ammo? What do you do about ammo?

Last edited:
If you do get a dot or two of Craft: Woodworking, you can make your own arrows. Otherwise you can pack some extra arrows.

Hmm. One or two dots?

Wasn't there a Charm out there you (or someone) mentioned about porcupines being able to use their own quills and what not? But then again, can Lunars in DBT use tools and weapons? Then he'd have the necessary fur to turn into arrows (if I'm remembering the Charm or Mutation right)?

Ah, I had missed this one. DBT doesn't affect your mental state. If you want to visualize it... DBT makes you look physically more imposing. Your Strength is amplified beyond normal limits like Master Roshi becoming a giant hulk to fire a laser beam from his palms. He's still calm, collected, and focused though you can definitely tell he's drawing deep from the well of his strength. And like Master Roshi, you'll also still have hands and feet unless you specifically construct your hybrid form / mutation sets to alter your hands and feet in some way.

Now if you want to berserk... That is an option and completely separate from DBT. See Relentless Lunar Fury and the Berserker charm set under Stamina if that's something you're curious about.

like Master Roshi becoming a giant hulk to fire a laser beam from his palms.
I don't know who that is. =)

Now if you want to berserk... That is an option and completely separate from DBT. See Relentless Lunar Fury and the Berserker charm set under Stamina if that's something you're curious about.
No, actually, I don't! Heh! I want to know if I can use things like the Nightbane Bow in DBT form?

EDIT: Hmm... Looks like I'll have to save up to get Secure Den Technique. It's got prerequisites I'm not certain I can get yet (some of which are already on my wanted list like Magpie's Nest Resourcefulness and Lodestone Reckoning Manner). =)

The Dex Charm Needle Quill Technique on pg 181 is what you are talking about. And yes, you can use all your weapons in your DBT mode.

That's the one! I'll see what Psychie says about the Nightbane Bow before I take it.

And hooray for DBT! Thanks for looking that up! =)

The Nightbane Bow is a good weapon, and when you resize for your DBT mode, so does the moonsilver weapon and armor to adapt to your new form. You can use normal arrows with it, or the Needle Quill Technique. Both are good options for it.

Next IC post is up. It took me a bit, because I have been working on all this OCC stuff. Not that I'm complaining, because it has been fun helping Dannigan with his character.

Cool. So, we have two dematerialized Blood Apes to deal with. Interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back