• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Into the Open Sky OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Do you want us to write out the signature/going shopping in IC? Or do you just want us to tell/discuss?

I want you to discuss first, so I can make up some places or people you can interact with, and then we will write it out together in the IC. If your action is not that interesting and I don't have bumps planned for you, we can be really brief.

For Savanah, option one is to try and get a suit of Splint Mail armor and sell my current set of Chain. If that is not possible, I would like to snag up a couple of healing potions, since the cost of any other magic items is much more than I have.

For Savanah, option one is to try and get a suit of Splint Mail armor and sell my current set of Chain. If that is not possible, I would like to snag up a couple of healing potions, since the cost of any other magic items is much more than I have.
Healing potions are incredibly rare in this world, which is why Mother Horsefeather wants us to bring a barrel of it. Other magic items are more common, so if you had anything specific in mind ...

I'm also okay with exchanging the chainmail for splint, but you might have to do a small job to make up for the difference in gold.

A ring of protection, perhaps? If it is available for my measly 100 gold, since I only have a few gold coins beyond that.

Healing potions are incredibly rare in this world, which is why Mother Horsefeather wants us to bring a barrel of it. Other magic items are more common, so if you had anything specific in mind ...

I'm also okay with exchanging the chainmail for splint, but you might have to do a small job to make up for the difference in gold.
I have over 100 gp of my own, since I never spent from my initial roll. I have plenty to be able to afford the 200 gp for the Splint Mail.

I have over 100 gp of my own, since I never spent from my initial roll. I have plenty to be able to afford the 200 gp for the Splint Mail.
right, I don't think I specified, but as the PHB states you get your class and background equipment or you can relinquish all that and roll for money instead, so you shouldn't have more then 25 gp.

A ring of protection, perhaps? If it is available for my measly 100 gold, since I only have a few gold coins beyond that.
hmmm, I will look into this. Why do you want this? because maybe i can whip up something cheaper that does similar stuff.

Its one or the other? Damn, I was using the Hero Lab software, and it didn't tell me. Sorry. I'll cut the extra gold out of my sheet. Depending on what kind of job that might be needed, I may go ahead and try to sell my Chain and pick up a suit of the Splint.

hmmm, I will look into this. Why do you want this? because maybe i can whip up something cheaper that does similar stuff.
As a monk, I can't wear armor or use a shield. So any improvements to my AC have to be magical or stat-based.

Its one or the other? Damn, I was using the Hero Lab software, and it didn't tell me. Sorry. I'll cut the extra gold out of my sheet. Depending on what kind of job that might be needed, I may go ahead and try to sell my Chain and pick up a suit of the Splint.
It won't be too hard as it has to fit in one morning.

I guess that Jidath will want to do some research on the Open Skies, maybe pick up some books (if she can) and a few blank journals to write in. She probably wants to grab the stuff already on her character sheet from wherever she lives (though I don't know if that part is worth playing out).

After going over my character I realize I'm missing common essentials for journeying. Well common to me anyways. Namely rations, a waterskin, and a rope/grappling hook. Also I would like to invest in a spyglass if possible.

I'm expecting food to be provided, but I'll take an additional 10 days rations.
Also Lugg-Mag requires a Components pouch for casting.
If I have the funds left, Lugg Mag would lie to purchase a Heavy Crossbow with bolts. If I don't, then a Maul and extra arrows for my longbow would be on the list

After going over my character I realize I'm missing common essentials for journeying. Well common to me anyways. Namely rations, a waterskin, and a rope/grappling hook. Also I would like to invest in a spyglass if possible.

That is certainly possible. Spyglasses are insanely expensive in the PHB, but in a world with sky pirates I think they should be a lot more common. I think it would cost you a 100 gp, which part would you like to write out?

I'm expecting food to be provided, but I'll take an additional 10 days rations.
Also Lugg-Mag requires a Components pouch for casting.
If I have the funds left, Lugg Mag would lie to purchase a Heavy Crossbow with bolts. If I don't, then a Maul and extra arrows for my longbow would be on the list

Heavy crossbow is definitely possible, but I am also willing to offer some kind of gun you would be proficient with. Resources for bullets would be harder to come by, but you would also do more damage. Are you interested in this?

ValkyrieRose ValkyrieRose I am also willing to let you swap your crossbow for some kind of pistol for some additional gold. I think it would fit an artificer. Would you be interested in that?

I was planning on just writing the whole trip if need be, but I wanted to run an idea by you for the spyglass in particular. See Pyke has never needed or understood the value of a spyglass before. Sure they read about it in a book or have seen one used once or twice. But they've only seen a spyglass in the hands of sky pirates or captains. So in order to get a spyglass I wanted to know if I could con someone into trading their spyglass for one of my nonsensical bottles of colored liquid. Using Prestidigitation I wanted to alter the liquid in some way to convince the mark that it's something special and that I'm willing to trade it for their spyglass.

I was planning on just writing the whole trip if need be, but I wanted to run an idea by you for the spyglass in particular. See Pyke has never needed or understood the value of a spyglass before. Sure they read about it in a book or have seen one used once or twice. But they've only seen a spyglass in the hands of sky pirates or captains. So in order to get a spyglass I wanted to know if I could con someone into trading their spyglass for one of my nonsensical bottles of colored liquid. Using Prestidigitation I wanted to alter the liquid in some way to convince the mark that it's something special and that I'm willing to trade it for their spyglass.
hmmm, I think that would be too cheap, but I am willing to let you roll persuasion to reduce the price.

Fluxbauble Fluxbauble and Steamdrunk Steamdrunk instead of buying the rations and basic goods separately, maybe you could do it together (as in buying for the whole crew) and have some nice interaction between our two more evil characters. Otherwise I would say you both only write out your special goods (spyglass and weapons in full) and only mention you bought your basics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back