• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy [Interest Check] WitchBlood || Witches vs Psychic Vampires ||

Blu

ᴏɴʟʏ ᴄᴏʟᴏʀꜱ ʟᴇꜰᴛ ᴀʟɪᴠᴇ.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Witch-Blood-Banner.png

Premise-Banner.png
The Inverse World, or simply known as the Other, is a parallel dimension existing in tandem with the real world. In the space that is Other-Tokyo, there lies an organization named Black Babel—a military academy dedicated to the upbringing of Witches. The order possesses but one singular goal: to exterminate the psionic vampires who insatiably prey on the populace of the Other. With a relentless hunger for brain matter and psychic energy, the Vamps wish to cultivate humans into their cattle; securing their sovereignty over both realms of reality. Armed with powerful magic and weapons, Witches fight desperately to prevent humanity's bleak future.

OTSmall.png

A Witch's magic can be divided into three independent categories: Curses, Charms, and Crafts. Curses are to harm and bind. Charms are to protect and invoke positive effects. Crafts is the classification of creation and the illusory. With these three pillars of magic, a Witch can effectively incapacitate a vampiric threat. But to kill is another subject entirely. Thus the requirement for a Witch's WAND. The Wiccan Anti-eNergy Disperser is a special device typically in the shape of a firearm that unleashes shells of Anti-Energy fatal to Vamps. Aim for the head or the heart and fire—the singular method of exterminating your target. Beyond that, a Witch may have other tricks within their arsenal such as a broom for high-speed flight or potions to enhance their physiology.

The Other is also host to demonic, bestial creatures called Daemons who live alongside the realm's inhabitants in a symbiotic relationship. They come in many shapes and sizes. Some act as companions, some provide resources, some exist as buildings or transportation, but all are useful in one way or another to the denizens of the Other. The Daemons are an integral part of life in this dimension, utilized by both humans and Vamps alike in their daily existence.

You are a member of Black Babel's 176th Xcursion Regiment, or, at least you will be. After years of rigorous academy training, you are on the verge of graduating into a full-fledged member of the order. However, there is one last trial that you must pass: exterminate a Vamp. Your squad arrives at an abandoned home on the eve of your final test. Live or die: this is the choice you will make in your hunt. Relinquish your fears and anxieties, and always hold close the motto of the Xcursionists:

'X marks the kill.'

OOCInfo-Banner.png
Welcome to this Anime-style RP that centers around an unceasing war between Witches and psionic Vampires. Our setting is the Other (Other-Tokyo specifically), a dimension inverse to the real world that is inaccessible to ordinary humans. The Other has it's own population of normal humans that respectively can't cross to the other side, along with Vamps and Daemons. Witches, through their magic, can hop between the realms.

Other-Tokyo is pretty much the same as modern day Tokyo but with some notable architecture changes such as the huge spiraling blue tower shown in the above picture. That is Black Babel, a military academy and headquarters of the Witches. The world is a mix of modern day conveniences and Daemons taking the shape of numerous things. Think of the Catbus from Totoro for a visual key. There are Daemons in the shape of buildings, trains, buses, giant display screens. Daemons exist that provide natural resources like electricity, coal, natural gas, crops, meat, etc. They basically can fill any niche. Even a Witch's Familiar is a type of Daemon.

You'll be playing a Witch (a unisex term) who will be assigned to the 176th Xcursion Regiment. The 176th is the specific squad. An Xcursion Regiment is the broad term for a Witch squad whose job is to hunt and eliminate Vamps. Black Babel has its own uniforms for its members. There are 2 variants each for males and females. The other standard gear is a WAND which typically looks like a one-handed firearm (something ornate like a fancy flintlock pistol) but can also be in the form of a melee weapon if you so choose. There is a lot of liberty in what your magic can look like. It's Anime so be creative.

I'm looking to tell a story with a small group of players. This RP will be mostly plot-driven and I'm always open for story ideas from my players. I require that you commit to posting at least once per week and be able to communicate with me if you can't do so.

「 Questions, comments, or concerns? Please let me know below or via PM. Thank you! 」

Last edited:
So ready for this. Will return with questions if they come to me but this looks awesome from what you've given us so far.

This looks cool! I love the idea; it’s so creative! I’m very interested in this. Got an idea for a troubled artist who can bring his monsters to life. (:

Last edited:
Alrighty, I'll start working on the official thread along with some more lore notes :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back