• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Incarnate OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
That's pretty cool. I can see Emery and Dayquan becoming close friends, in that case. Dayquan is a kind and friendly person, but doesn't truly get close with many people, due to his conflicting inward and outward nature.

Also, the more people talk, the more I'm interested in seeing how all the incarnates interact.
Indeed, interactions between incarnates are one of the things I'm most looking forward to in this rp.

I wonder how Wumsy would react to Eudocia reaching out to them? Not through words but through projected senses and emotion since (ideally) Eudocia won't speak until much later once it's comfortable with the group. If Wumsy doesn't 'feel' emotions as humans do, would telegraphed messages lose their connotation? What would Wumsy feel like to Emery and Eudocia? Dull? A void?

I didn't occur to me until now to ask, but since this is non first-come and you'll be selecting the characters you think will work best, would it be alright to submit multiple characters Gnomar Gnomar ? Just so that you have more options to pick from? Although I can understand not wanting more characters to have to look through, on the other hand xD

I'm working on a deliberately weird character with our lovely GM. We'll see if she makes it out of revisions. :3

Still weighing whether or not to get into this.

Got a fairly dramatic character thought out already.

I'm working on a deliberately weird character with our lovely GM. We'll see if she makes it out of revisions. :3
Looking forward for being one of the more normal ones for a change xD
Can't wait to see either idea, if they pan out ^^

Last edited:
(WIP)
Name: Gerry Minx

Sexuality: Married

Height: 5'5

Weight: 114 lbs

Physical appearance (Drawn/ anime refs or a description are preferred here): [drawing coming soon]
- Spindly
- Light blonde hair that's not as blonde as she would have hoped.
- Piercing eyes that somehow still have the wonder of a child.

Personality:
- Haughty, brash and carefree. A complete 180 from the way she approached the world in her former life. Ever since she's been resurrected, she sees her position in project Emblem as a dream come true and a soft reboot in life.
- She'd much rather rely on muscle memory than actually thinking anything through: even though she's able to follow along with a plan she grows frustrated with complicated strategies and tactics when she could be blasting holes in souls with Spidey instead.
- She takes needless risks all the time, especially around incarnates, which she really shouldn't be doing given she isn't as tough as she thinks she is.
- She tries her best to hold on to the positives and disregard the negatives, being very quick to drop grudges and not take anything personally.

Nationality: American

Cause of death: Cardiac Arrest

Armour:

Incarnate ability (The power granted to you by your Champion):
Spidey Operator- Within Spidey's hull, the mental link between them strengthens, allowing Gerry to have a bit more control over Spidey's movements and see through his eyes. However, this will drain their energy quicker, and Spidey will still run away from anything threatening. Eventually as they grow to trust each other further, they will be capable of becoming more in sync with each other: both slowly gaining the senses of the other.

Preferred weapons/ combat role: She would probably be operating any vehicle if she didn't have Spidey. If she couldn't operate vehicles, she'd probably be a sentry.

Incarnate name: Spidey

Incarnate physical appearance: [actual drawings will come soon, for now these inspiration pictures are placeholders]

tank-object-279-soviet-green-mental-ray-01.jpg

9b1d644cf34726da62cdfae548598b37.jpg

2d35f853e7ed74793ded873ac29732d2.jpg
- Its outward appearance is modeled after Object 279, an relatively ancient design that just happened to blend well with the environment, the only deviations from standard designs being the guardrails surrounding the top of the turret. In actuality, its exterior is only a thin shell of metal, the space within the hull hiding away the back of a giant jumping spider.
- The head cannot be seen, yet the headlights and the viewport show a reflection of its eyes.
- The tracks resemble four of its legs tucked in, while the other four resemble are tucked underneath its abdomen. They are the only parts where you can say 50% or more of it is metal and they also possess the most mobility. Every other part moves as you would expect a tank to move.

Incarnate height: a range of 8 ft 8 in to 28 ft

Incarnate weight: 6 metric tons

Incarnate personality:
- Very reliant on survival instincts, susceptible to running away from anything that resembles too much of a threat - especially bigger incarnates.
- He can grasp the emotional undertones in others' actions, though he won't understand the reasoning behind them unless its very obvious.
- If he see you as a friend, he will try to play with you at least once. Luckily Gerry showed him the difference between playing with tiny humans and with incarnates that can handle rough play.
- Understands simple commands as prompted by Gerry, though he tends to struggle when anyone else tries to command him since his doesn’t recognize commands in their voices.

Incarnate abilities: He can use the tank cannon attached to his shell to fire any ammunition loaded into it - shooting at a maximum range of 3 kilometers (around one mile) with a firepower matching 2/3rds of his attack stat. He's also able to travel on the tracks attached on their legs to cover long distances, somewhere around 34 miles per hour.

Incarnate preferred combat role (Front line, support, tank, etc): He prefers to catch prey by surprise in ambushes, though Gerry would much rather have them be offensive in the front lines. The closest role to her vision he'd allowed was to act like a ballista, firing shots from as far away as possible.

Attack: 4
Defense: 3
Speed: 3
Energy: 3
Intelligence: 2
Both your characters look like they'd have fun interactions with Wumsy. Gerry ignoring his strategies, and Spidey being playful. Also, boo, being taller at their max than Wumsy at their max. XD
Indeed, interactions between incarnates are one of the things I'm most looking forward to in this rp.

I wonder how Wumsy would react to Eudocia reaching out to them? Not through words but through projected senses and emotion since (ideally) Eudocia won't speak until much later once it's comfortable with the group. If Wumsy doesn't 'feel' emotions as humans do, would telegraphed messages lose their connotation? What would Wumsy feel like to Emery and Eudocia? Dull? A void?
Wumsy does feel emotions. They do not process them like humans, though. They look at them like a detached scientist. Wumsy is more than capable of understanding emotions. In fact, they'd make an excellent psychologist, given they often understand people's emotions better than they, themselves, do. Emotions don't control their actions, so things like making them feel fear won't have any real effect besides piqueing their interest. Wumsy would also be intrigued by the communication through telepathy or emotional connections, and would likely understand them very well.

Probably just scare the shit out of Dayquan, though. XD

Still weighing whether or not to get into this.

Got a fairly dramatic character thought out already.
No harm in applying, if you get accepted then want to back out before the RP begins I'll just have another space I can give to someone who didn't quite make the cut!

I didn't occur to me until now to ask, but since this is non first-come and you'll be selecting the characters you think will work best, would it be alright to submit multiple characters Gnomar Gnomar ? Just so that you have more options to pick from? Although I can understand not wanting more characters to have to look through, on the other hand xD

Certainly! Feel free to hedge your bets with as many characters as you can be bothered to write. Only one will get accepted, but if you're willing to put the effort in to write multiple quality characters then I believe that earns you the right to an extra chance at getting accepted.

Of course it's quality over quantity, so spamming me with half baked CS won't get you far ahah.

Certainly! Feel free to hedge your bets with as many characters as you can be bothered to write. Only one will get accepted, but if you're willing to put the effort in to write multiple quality characters then I believe that earns you the right to an extra chance at getting accepted.

Of course it's quality over quantity, so spamming me with half baked CS won't get you far ahah.
Of course, I wouldn't want to make more than one more anyway, just to try out a character with a different personality and a champion that fits a different role and has a personality less represented ^^ I don't remember when you wanted sheets by, but I'll have to see if I can get my thoughts together enough to do that today.

Of course, I wouldn't want to make more than one more anyway, just to try out a character with a different personality and a champion that fits a different role and has a personality less represented ^^ I don't remember when you wanted sheets by, but I'll have to see if I can get my thoughts together enough to do that today.
Deadline for sheets was two weeks ago. Sorry, pal. Missed your chance.

Yeah you didn't see my secret interest check I put up two weeks ago that told you the deadline? Tough break, sorry guys you didn't solve my riddles three and therefore can't be accepted.

Guess I'll be playing by myself. The gnome is truly alone.

Yeah you didn't see my secret interest check I put up two weeks ago that told you the deadline? Tough break, sorry guys you didn't solve my riddles three and therefore can't be accepted.

Guess I'll be playing by myself. The gnome is truly alone.
Oh, and me. Since, I think, I'm the only accepted character so far?

I can't remember if I officially said that.... But yeah pretty safe to say you've grabbed a spot. Bit cheeky of myself to say that at this point, I slipped up if I already said as much.

As far as everyone else should be concerned things are liquid! And other than Undead, nobody has a cemented place. Not to say his sheet was better than any of yours or vice versa, but I can't exactly tell him to leave if I already said he had a place ahah. My bad everyone!

I thoroughly enjoyed reading that Undead, at first I was a little concerned by this mountain of a man and his gigachad name but his personality offsets any worries I had. Great cliché dodge, seems like he'd be a lovely addition to the group.

And Wumsy. I adore that name, had me chuckling every time it came up. Very happy to see people taking the intelligence build route, I had been concerned that it might not be too appealing! The design is unique as well, if I'm inferring it correctly it's essentially a collection of wire like structures with what I'm envisioning as shells that cover them? And it can take multiple forms by manipulating these components? I can imagine it having a bizarre voice with that setup, like a theremin given voice. Of course you can go where you want with that, that's just where my imagination takes me.

I can't remember if I officially said that.... But yeah pretty safe to say you've grabbed a spot. Bit cheeky of myself to say that at this point, I slipped up if I already said as much.

As far as everyone else should be concerned things are liquid! And other than Undead, nobody has a cemented place. Not to say his sheet was better than any of yours or vice versa, but I can't exactly tell him to leave if I already said he had a place ahah. My bad everyone!
It's possible I read into things. This was what you said to me previously. If I assumed incorrectly that it counted as accepting my character, then I apologize.

Ah if that's all I said then I'm afraid your also liquid, as I won't have to feel bad about kicking somebody I promised a spot to. That was just an analysis of your CS, although a positive one so I can see why you inferred it as an acceptance!

But as it stands, still a great CS : D

Ah if that's all I said then I'm afraid your also liquid, as I won't have to feel bad about kicking somebody I promised a spot to. That was just an analysis of your CS, although a positive one so I can see why you inferred it as an acceptance!

But as it stands, still a great CS : D
I feel rejected! :O Just kidding. :p

Asking for opinions since I am always indecisive. Which incarnate idea sounds the most interesting or functional to you? No matter what they would be paired with a character that is very laid-back and rolls with the punches.

Wise old man type, with a quiet wisdom and encouragement that can smooth many conflicts. Possesses the power to concentrate thermal energy, rapidly heating up areas or objects while equally-rapidly cooling the area around them. Can be used to make just about anything into a thermal detonator or a icy shrapnel explosive, for bombardment. Very slow, however,
1673801524323.png

Vain, proud and fickle, looks down on just about everyone despite being tiny, and even when they really can't find a reason to. Can be goaded into action either with praise, respect, or ticking it off ("Well I guess you can't actually complete the task." sort of insults that aggravate its pride). Has the power to absorb energy, typically from the sun but also from energy-based attacks or explosions, and condense it into glass-like structures around its body. Can then release this energy in concentrated blasts of light, with significant power. Very poor defense against physical attacks, however, and grows slower and more energy-intensive as it converts more energy into mass.
1673801834959.png

Fiercely loyal and guided by a strict moral code, it and it's kin do what they know to be right, and nothing else. Uninterested in most people and just about anything unrelated to their claimed goal: tearing down all other incarnates, or "false idols" as they call them. A summoner-type champion, the harold (the champion itself) can call its kin to battle with its horn, overwhelming opponents with numbers rather than pure strength. These summoned fighters typically attack from a distance with energy bows and spells, but some can fight in melee or assist in defense as well. They all are vehemently opposed to any task that does not involve confrontation with an incarnate, such as moving people or supplies. Essentially can assist in many roles, but excels in none of them, acting better as support than its own fighter.
1673802260311.png

Last edited:
Asking for opinions since I am always indecisive. Which incarnate idea sounds the most interesting or functional to you? No matter what they would be paired with a character that is very laid-back and rolls with the punches.

Wise old man type, with a quiet wisdom and encouragement that can smooth many conflicts. Possesses the power to concentrate thermal energy, rapidly heating up areas or objects while equally-rapidly cooling the area around them. Can be used to make just about anything into a thermal detonator or a icy shrapnel explosive, for bombardment. Very slow, however,

Vain, proud and fickle, looks down on just about everyone despite being tiny, and even when they really can't find a reason to. Can be goaded into action either with praise, respect, or ticking it off ("Well I guess you can't actually complete the task." sort of insults that aggravate it's pride). Has the power to absorb energy, typically from the sun but also from energy-based attacks or explosions, and condense it into glass-like structures around its body. Can then release this energy in concentrated blasts of light, with significant power. Very poor defense against physical attacks, however, and grows slower and more energy-intensive as it converts more energy into mass.

Fiercely loyal and guided by a strict moral code, it and it's kin do what they know to be right, and nothing else. Uninterested in most people and just about anything unrelated to their claimed goal: tearing down all other incarnates, or "false idols" as they call them. A summoner-type champion, the harold (the champion itself) can call its kin to battle with its horn, overwhelming opponents with numbers rather than pure strength. These summoned fighters typically attack from a distance with energy bows and spells, but some can fight in melee or assist in defense as well. They all are vehemently opposed to any task that does not involve confrontation with an incarnate, such as moving people or supplies.
I find the personality of the last one interesting. Though it seems a bit overpowered. I wonder how they'd feel about Wumsy, who thinks about and considers morals and philosophy.

I find the personality of the last one interesting. Though it seems a bit overpowered. I wonder how they'd feel about Wumsy, who thinks about and considers morals and philosophy.
I would definitely find ways to make them weaker than they sound. Highly limiting how much they can summon, the fact they they can help with most things but excess at none of them, that sort of thing. But that's fair ^^

Eh, if I'm real with myself I have ideas but no energy. I'll probably just leave it at the one character.

Gnomar Gnomar

Ah, the original intent was for the copies to be non-storable. Once another emobidment has been assumed, the previous embodiment is discarded permanently. As an upgrade, I was thinking of having a "queue" that allows the champion to store the last three embodiments. If a new embodiment is taken, then the oldest embodiment is discarded. In either case, all embodiements (queued or not) expire after a minimum of a day if not used, and at a maximum of a week if maintained.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back