• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Incarnate OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Having the teleportation eventually grow into portals would genuinely be great for me as well, as it opens up more range for me to play with within the RP! And there will be a juicy array of equipment for you to mess around with, got you covered there đź‘Ť

I'm already picturing a pretty devastating combo in which Wumsy could be used to drop Mulch from an incredible height, really cementing the meteor comparison...
Yeah! That would be great! That's exactly the thing I had in mind when designing them. That's why, on top of intelligence, Wumsy is also maxed on energy. So they can stick around for a long time and teleport all over the play. Also, depending on the power creep of the story, there's potential for some devastating space warping abilities, too.

I haven't properly scaled power levels for long term yet, but there's a definitely a chance we'll reach those kind of heights.

Gonna be hard to balance things late game but I'm willing to try and make things work, gotta keep a reasonable difficulty curve after all.

I haven't properly scaled power levels for long term yet, but there's a definitely a chance we'll reach those kind of heights.

Gonna be hard to balance things late game but I'm willing to try and make things work, gotta keep a reasonable difficulty curve after all.
That's another reason behind my design choice. It's easy to make it scale softly, since there's not even a real threat with these powers. But it's also easy to scale them to stupid levels.

Can the character and incarnate have different abilities? Like their bodies respond differently to the ability. Like I'm thinking about going with a Thunderbird incarnate who has most of its electric abilities external, but the character would have it internalize and boost her normal capabilities like strength, speed, etc.

Can the character and incarnate have different abilities? Like their bodies respond differently to the ability. Like I'm thinking about going with a Thunderbird incarnate who has most of its electric abilities external, but the character would have it internalize and boost her normal capabilities like strength, speed, etc.
Sure, I can't see why not! There needs to be some sort of link between the two at the very least, but you've kind of provided that here anyway. It's basically energy creation, but one disperses it from the body and the other retains it.

BuggaBoo BuggaBoo Interesting character concept. Though you seem to have forgotten the points? I'm curious to see how those get distributed. Though I am worried it seems like it's just really overpowered. Durable, fast, strong, can hit or defend from essentially anywhere within a certain range. Though, I also admit I have no idea what the power levels of our battles are even going to look like. Though it seems like there aren't many weak points.

BuggaBoo BuggaBoo Interesting character concept. Though you seem to have forgotten the points? I'm curious to see how those get distributed. Though I am worried it seems like it's just really overpowered. Durable, fast, strong, can hit or defend from essentially anywhere within a certain range. Though, I also admit I have no idea what the power levels of our battles are even going to look like. Though it seems like there aren't many weak points.
Oooops lol. Just edited in the stats

Yeah, well Comet has several weaknesses:

• Can't fight.
  • Comet is a sweetheart but dumb as dirt. My guy can only follow single word commands
  • Will only give Rai her powers when she is nice to him. Don't know if you noticed but she is a bitch lol. We'll see how often he listens to her.
  • And she does things her way cuz she's stubborn and so she'll try to do things without him. See how far that will get her lol

• Can't fight.
  • Comet is a sweetheart but dumb as dirt. My guy can only follow single word commands
  • Will only give Rai her powers when she is nice to him. Don't know if you noticed but she is a bitch lol. We'll see how often he listens to her.
  • And she does things her way cuz she's stubborn and so she'll try to do things without him. See how far that will get her lol
Ah, I see. Perhaps growth comes more from them learning to work together than what they're actually capable of? Ah, I see another glaring weakness. Take out the human, and the incarnate is useless. Quite the opposite of mine. Wumsy is extremely capable of acting on their own.

I'm confused about her name. Is it Rai? Deva Rainy? Rai'Shauni Calvillio-Holmes? Do you think they'd get along with Dayquan? I'm also curious as to what she would think of Wumsy. Also, Wumsy thinks very little of most incarnate, since his intelligence is so far above most of them. I think the dynamic between different human's incarnate will be pretty interesting as well.

• Can't fight.

Ah, I see. Perhaps growth comes more from them learning to work together than what they're actually capable of? Ah, I see another glaring weakness. Take out the human, and the incarnate is useless. Quite the opposite of mine. Wumsy is extremely capable of acting on their own.

I'm confused about her name. Is it Rai? Deva Rainy? Rai'Shauni Calvillio-Holmes? Do you think they'd get along with Dayquan? I'm also curious as to what she would think of Wumsy. Also, Wumsy thinks very little of most incarnate, since his intelligence is so far above most of them. I think the dynamic between different human's incarnate will be pretty interesting as well.
I'd be curious about interactions as well. Between the characters, the incarnates (or the more conscious of them), and between the two. If I still go with a variation on my first concept I put up, since aggressive support still seems like a good fit with the other interests, it would mean another highly intelligent incarnate with a personality that would probably grate on most characters and incarnates. I'll see when I actually pull something together, if that happens later today ^^

Hello, all!

I am very interested, still and am just drafting up some ideas for my Incarnate and human character.

Also, I am mainly commenting to get this thread on my alerts!

K Cools! Yup that's the whole point of her charrie arc! She doesn't remember the moment she was killed only the moments leading up to it. That's the reveal when the pair finally get along lol.

But i think i read that if the human is taken out the Incarnate goes down too somewhere. Hmmmmms...

Rai'Shauni Calvillio-Holmes is her full name. Rai is the name everyone sorta knows her by so i put it at the top beside her full name

The three below her pic are her nicks... just a thing I do. 'Deva' is what her former spec ops squadmates called her. 'Ms. Devastation' was her callsign in the field. 'Rainy' is what her family and siblings called her lol

Also you'll have to wait and see if Rai is accepted first to find out lol. And it'd have to be IC'ly too. I think I read we just meeting for the first time when we start the RP.

I'd be curious about interactions as well. Between the characters, the incarnates (or the more conscious of them), and between the two. If I still go with a variation on my first concept I put up, since aggressive support still seems like a good fit with the other interests, it would mean another highly intelligent incarnate with a personality that would probably grate on most characters and incarnates. I'll see when I actually pull something together, if that happens later today ^^
Grating personalities would have a funny interaction with Dayquan, as well as Wumsy. Dayquan's outward demeanor and his internal one are very different. He'd be in a panic, while appearing calm and collected. Wumsy would likely just analyze their behavior. His responses would depend on the situation. I'd say he's more on the indifferent side of things, but his responses could vary wildly, depending on his interest in the moment.

K Cools! Yup that's the whole point of her charrie arc! She doesn't remember the moment she was killed only the moments leading up to it. That's the reveal when the pair finally get along lol.

But i think i read that if the human is taken out the Incarnate goes down too somewhere. Hmmmmms...

Rai'Shauni Calvillio-Holmes is her full name. Rai is the name everyone sorta knows her by so i put it at the top beside her full name

The three below her pic are her nicks... just a thing I do. 'Deva' is what her former spec ops squadmates called her. 'Ms. Devastation' was her callsign in the field. 'Rainy' is what her family and siblings called her lol

Also you'll have to wait and see if Rai is accepted first to find out lol. And it'd have to be IC'ly too. I think I read we just meeting for the first time when we start the RP.
By take the human out, I meant incapacitate them. Either knocking them unconscious, or making them unable to give commands.

I could see a pretty cool setup when they're partnered with Wumsy & Dayquan. If our opponents figure out her weakness and attack her, Wumsy or Dayquan can teleport her safely away so she can continue her attacks unhindered.

Yeah, we're going to be newbies in ICE. Newly reborn. Though I have no clue what the opening scenario will be like, or how much experience we have with ICE. Such as orientation, or been given gear or anything.

By take the human out, I meant incapacitate them. Either knocking them unconscious, or making them unable to give commands.

I could see a pretty cool setup when they're partnered with Wumsy & Dayquan. If our opponents figure out her weakness and attack her, Wumsy or Dayquan can teleport her safely away so she can continue her attacks unhindered.

Yeah, we're going to be newbies in ICE. Newly reborn. Though I have no clue what the opening scenario will be like, or how much experience we have with ICE. Such as orientation, or been given gear or anything.

The Rp will be starting shortly after resurrection. So you'll be a bunch of newbs getting trained up by existing members of I.C.E. In other words, not particularly badass, at least not at first. Plenty of room for growth there though ahah.

If you die, your Champion dies with you. If your Champion is defeated you won’t die, but it will vanish and you’ll need a long rest before it will have recovered
Yeah so we'd start by getting trained in the facility cuz NOOOOOBs lol

Hmmm... yeah it don't say about unconcious but thinkin it might be the same cuz the Champions come from the human?

Yeah so we'd start by getting trained in the facility cuz NOOOOOBs lol

Hmmm... yeah it don't say about unconcious but thinkin it might be the same cuz the Champions come from the human?
That's a good point. I just assumed that, even unconscious, your champion can still exist. I wonder if that includes sleeping. Like, can an incarnate watch over you while you sleep? Gnomar Gnomar

I’ve been busy most of the day and missed a lot of this chatter - the character I’m writing was very much not from the perspective of being a just-off-the-slab type. Hm. I’ll either rewrite or ask for special dispensation to be Old, hah. :3

I’ve been busy most of the day and missed a lot of this chatter - the character I’m writing was very much not from the perspective of being a just-off-the-slab type. Hm. I’ll either rewrite or ask for special dispensation to be Old, hah. :3
Ah. Mostly just idle chit-chat. I definitely feel ya, though. I got lucky, and have a bit of time, so am able to chat regularly right now. But I'll have many days when I need to catch up, or just skip it if it's too much. Unfortunately, time is the one thing I wish I had more of.

If anything I haaaate to say it --someone cover poor Comet's ears-- but Rai would prolly be jealous of the others with intelligent Champions. Yeah, I know, I know but she's like serious military powerhouse boss bitch material and used to teammates that desire precision and following complex orders. My gosh I feel so bad for Comet... ughs dying here...

If anything I haaaate to say it --someone cover poor Comet's ears-- but Rai would prolly be jealous of the others with intelligent Champions. Yeah, I know, I know but she's like serious military powerhouse boss bitch material and used to teammates that desire precision and following complex orders. My gosh I feel so bad for Comet... ughs dying here...
Ooh! Then Rai might get along great with Wumsy! He's a strategizing genius. Though, he's not so much the voice his plans unless asked, type of fellow. He mostly plans around others, as well as working with Dayquan. Actually, I'm thinking that Wumsy even gives orders to Dayquan at times. I think that would be an interesting dynamic.

Lol, my char would probably feel like everyone would be better off if she could just hand her champion off to Rai and just leave it at that ^^; The two will probably contrast in a lot of ways, though I'm sure there will be some similarities.

I'm working on at least getting the skeleton up for my chars soon ^^

Ooh! Then Rai might get along great with Wumsy! He's a strategizing genius. Though, he's not so much the voice his plans unless asked, type of fellow. He mostly plans around others, as well as working with Dayquan. Actually, I'm thinking that Wumsy even gives orders to Dayquan at times. I think that would be an interesting dynamic.
Mine would probably be more of a "Hehe, that's a stupid idea." and then go and do their own thing sort, but they would probably work very well together with Wumsy given how clearly competent they would be ^^

And I was assuming there would be some reverse-ordering-around between my two as well, given one has low self-confidence and no combat experience, while the other is super intelligent and a bit of a prick. More than likely my human will end up with a bit of an inferiority complex in relation to their champion, at least for a while ^^;

I better pop in here too- One day out and it's already been thirty replies turned to probably fifty now xP

I was originally planning on going with some sort of time wizard or a literal tank with spider legs, but from what I can see, it looks like everyone needed for a well-balanced team is here, both in a game and story sense.

I better pop in here too- One day out and it's already been thirty replies turned to probably fifty now xP

I was originally planning on going with some sort of time wizard or a literal tank with spider legs, but from what I can see, it looks like everyone needed for a well-balanced team is here, both in a game and story sense.
That just means you can do whatever you want and it will fit in just fine ^^

lol loves that dynamic. And now i feel worse for Comet... just standing there. Watching as his human chats away with another champion. Not him. And not understanding what they're saying. Then he just goes and tries to hide under a leaf in shame. But he's too big. And he can still see them talking to that OTHER incarnate. Not him... WHYYYY?! UGHS! TEARS FALLING!
Lol, my char would probably feel like everyone would be better off if she could just hand her champion off to Rai and just leave it at that ^^; The two will probably contrast in a lot of ways, though I'm sure there will be some similarities.

I'm working on at least getting the skeleton up for my chars soon ^^
There's another one to replace him?!?! TEARS FROM OTHER EYE... cuz DYIIINGGGG

lol

Mine would probably be more of a "Hehe, that's a stupid idea." and then go and do their own thing sort, but they would probably work very well together with Wumsy given how clearly competent they would be ^^

And I was assuming there would be some reverse-ordering-around between my two as well, given one has low self-confidence and no combat experience, while the other is super intelligent and a bit of a prick. More than likely my human will end up with a bit of an inferiority complex in relation to their champion, at least for a while ^^;
Ooh. Wumsy may find your champion interesting, if they are intelligent. Wumsy doesn't care much for the lesser intelligent incarnates. They look down on them. Or, rather, they simply don't care.

It's mostly just idle chit-chat. I wouldn't worry about it too much. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back