• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Incarnate OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Gnomar

Discount cryptid
The OOC thread for everything related to the Incarnate roleplay! Anything you want to ask about the RP or just general chatter goes in here.

HI!!

K soooo like questions then:

• Are we former field soldiers from around the world that died vs. Incarnates?
  • How trained/badass are we? Like are we juuuuust being resurrectred and getting to know our Champion or like have we had any field experience yet?
  • Is this a 'levelling up' kinda rp where we will change and or upgrade our Champions?
  • What is the max size limit for the Champion and Max number of ablilites?
  • When we gain a special power granted from the Champion is that only useable when they are outside of us?
  • And for the special power granted how powerful is it supposed to be vs. how powerful our Champion is?
  • And for the special power granted does it also follow that 'energy bar' example too?

K like yeah lots of question but like just need to be sure before starting up my app lol

So how are we likely to get involved with the I.C.E.? Is this something you just sign up for, or are you selected and then have to accept, or something else?

Also all of Bug's questions because those are important too ^^ I'd especially like to know more expectations about character capability and expectations for the incarnates.

Last edited:
Ah excellent questions, I'm a bit scatter brained so I tend to miss out lots of details ahah.

I'll start from the top!

You could potentially be a former solider, but you can be just about anybody! In fact its more likely that you weren't, the incarnate that was spawned upon your death was simply captured by I.C.E and from there you were resurrected!

The Rp will be starting shortly after resurrection. So you'll be a bunch of newbs getting trained up by existing members of I.C.E. In other words, not particularly badass, at least not at first. Plenty of room for growth there though ahah.

You might learn to get better control over you Champion and better wield their abilities (In fact you will, no point in starting with full potential in this sort of rp), so yes there is room for a 'level up' of sorts. But you won't be swapping your Champion out, you just get the one! Although it achieving upgraded forms temporarily may be possible down the line.

Max size? I hadn't really considered that.... Well I can't have you running around with Godzilla so try be reasonable here. And remember the point buy system! An absolutely huge Champion would realistically max out defence, attack and energy. So you're gonna be limited by that. I'd say absolute top end would be like the size of a large sauropod dinosaur, and that's pushing it. Something like that would likely have to have seriously min-maxed stats in the point buy system. As for how many abilities a Champion can have it depends what they are. In theory just one. But I'll allow supplementary stuff, or two-three minor abilities. For example water control might also have water breathing as a free add on. But alternatively you could go for two-three unrelated abilities. Lets say, floating, seeing through walls and faster reflexes. Remember to theme it around your Champion where you can.

You can use your abilities even when your Champion is stored, they just aren't as strong.

The strength of your Champion isn't necessarily linked to the ability they give you. But for the sake of fairness, I'll be more willing to give somebody a very strong power if they have a weaker power and vice-versa.

Yes, the power is related to the 'energy bar' I mentioned. Using your Champions abilities will drain that bar.

So how are we likely to get involved with the I.C.E.? Is this something you just sign up for, or are you selected and then have to accept, or something else?

Also all of Bug's questions because those are important too ^^ I'd especially like to know more expectations about character capability and expectations for the incarnates.

You are 100% involved with I.C.E. Before your resurrection your next of kin basically signs you into a contract to work for them should it be successful. Then upon revival you have a new job! No say on your part sadly. It's expensive tech, I.C.E isn't gonna waste it on just anybody... human rights? Never heard of them....

Hopefully that helps you guys out! Feel free to ask anything else though, happy to help!

K awesomes.

I was j/k before about the giant robo-unicorn but thinkin like yeah I'mma do it up lol

Basically a clydesdale sized unicorn that uses rainbow-y powers for attacks. Telekinetic speed based powers. Similar to Mulch's launching itself into battle, however giant Robo-Uni will be more like a blitzing rainbow comet pinball hitting then bouncing into the next target in the field. Like thinkin this:

A:1 / D:4 / S:5 / E:4 / I:1

And i had it in my head that charries would be downed soldiers so thinkin i'mma stick with that for my charrie.

Last edited:
Thanks for the clarifications!

My current idea for the incarnate was a puppet/doll-like creature of high intelligence and speed, able to release a miasma with which it can hide/protect itself and induce fear and/or panic, but which has little capability to really physically hurt anyone. More like a scouting/weakness-exposing/evasion tanking/debilitating support than a powerhouse, as I'm sure we'll get plenty of people wanting to smash things to pieces ^^ I'll probably add the inspiration pictures I've been looking at so you can get an idea.

Something like A:1 / D:2 / S:5 / E:3 / I:4

And as for the character, probably someone whose had a pretty mundane life. Working part-time at an old bookstore or something after graduating and not finding a job, died from a traffic accident since those are so f-ing common, something like that. Would hopefully make a nice contrast against both the other (likely much more) capable individuals they would now be working with, as well as their new, rather difficult-to-please incarnate.

1673710091466.png1673709863166.png1673710296198.png

^ Plushie/Inactive Form
< Active Form, no sword
> Inspiration for miasma/mist abilities and their ability to form attacking appendages or mask themself. Perhaps the miasma is the true body?

My current idea for the incarnate was a puppet/doll-like creature of high intelligence and speed, able to release a miasma with which it can hide/protect itself and induce fear and/or panic, but which has little capability to really physically hurt anyone. More like a scouting/weakness-exposing/evasion tanking/debilitating support than a powerhouse, as I'm sure we'll get plenty of people wanting to smash things to pieces ^^ I'll probably add the inspiration pictures I've been looking at so you can get an idea.

And as for the character, probably someone whose had a pretty mundane life. Working part-time at an old bookstore or something after graduating and not finding a job, died from a traffic accident since those are so f-ing common, something like that. Would hopefully make a nice contrast against both the other (likely much more) capable individuals they would now be working with, as well as their new, rather difficult-to-please incarnate.

View attachment 1057529View attachment 1057528View attachment 1057530

^ Plushie/Inactive Form
< Active Form, no sword
> Inspiration for miasma/mist abilities and their ability to form attacking appendages or mask themself. Perhaps the miasma is the true body?

Ohoho, love this concept! Always been a sucker for the haunted shell style character, and definitely think you should go with the miasma being the true body!

As for the other characters being much more competent I wouldn't worry too much, Nico has great potential but when thing's start he'll also just be an everyday chump thrown into a crazy situation. Should be good fun to see the different backgrounds and personalities clash though : D

View attachment 1057529View attachment 1057528View attachment 1057530

^ Plushie/Inactive Form
< Active Form, no sword
Haha! What a coincidence! I was also planning on a super intelligent, high speed incarnate. Though it won't have much in the ways of abilities to attack or defend. They'll utilize teleportation. But, to start, they, and the human, can only teleport to each other. They'll play more of a support role. Evacuations, or helping others move around. Their only means of attack would be whatever weapons I.C.E. provides them.

Though I plan on having 5 intelligence. The incarnate's intelligence will be it's main feature. And probably a high energy, so it can teleport frequently. And decent speed. Since it can only teleport back to the human, at least for now, it needs speed to be able to move back away.

Also curious as to what Gnomar Gnomar thinks of this concept? The incarnate's intelligence could allow it to use weapons and tools and such. Thus, the human will carry around a lot of equipment. Stuff that can be helpful to a group of people as well. First aid kits, supplemental weapons for others, if needed, any tech/gear they may need.

K after rereading the CS form gunna change ability to: Telekinetic.

And stats to: A:1 / D:4 / S:5 / E:4 / I:1

After re-reading the form, Attack is for like getting in there and beating something up. My concept is closer to a pinball launched into battle so my Incarnate can't fight but will smack into targets and keep going and going and going lol. Telekinesis provides pushing giant Robo-Uni to insane speeds, causing sonic boom shockwaves and also makes forcefields and impact dampeners for them.

Haha! What a coincidence! I was also planning on a super intelligent, high speed incarnate. Though it won't have much in the ways of abilities to attack or defend. They'll utilize teleportation. But, to start, they, and the human, can only teleport to each other. They'll play more of a support role. Evacuations, or helping others move around. Their only means of attack would be whatever weapons I.C.E. provides them.

Though I plan on having 5 intelligence. The incarnate's intelligence will be it's main feature. And probably a high energy, so it can teleport frequently. And decent speed. Since it can only teleport back to the human, at least for now, it needs speed to be able to move back away.

Also curious as to what Gnomar Gnomar thinks of this concept? The incarnate's intelligence could allow it to use weapons and tools and such. Thus, the human will carry around a lot of equipment. Stuff that can be helpful to a group of people as well. First aid kits, supplemental weapons for others, if needed, any tech/gear they may need.
Feel free to lean into that as much as you want, my brain jumps between ideas very quickly and I like to fill in gaps that others don't get to, so I can always pivot into something less supportive and more aggressive if that fits better with what others are wanting to play themselves ^^

They sound like they'll be a lot of fun (I'm super curious about interactions between high-intelligence incarnates and their/other characters) so I'll look forward to it ^^

Feel free to lean into that as much as you want, my brain jumps between ideas very quickly and I like to fill in gaps that others don't get to, so I can always pivot into something less supportive and more aggressive if that fits better with what others are wanting to play themselves ^^

They sound like they'll be a lot of fun (I'm super curious about interactions between high-intelligence incarnates and their/other characters) so I'll look forward to it ^^
Thanks! I imagine most will wish to create powerful attacking/defending incarnates, so that's the reason behind my choice. Plus, with a seemingly lackluster ability, it'll let me lean on the intelligence of the incarnate to deal with conflict and resolve problems.

I, too, am curious as to what can be expected from a highly intelligent incarnate. Like, their knowledge base and such.

Thanks! I imagine most will wish to create powerful attacking/defending incarnates, so that's the reason behind my choice. Plus, with a seemingly lackluster ability, it'll let me lean on the intelligence of the incarnate to deal with conflict and resolve problems.

I, too, am curious as to what can be expected from a highly intelligent incarnate. Like, their knowledge base and such.
I figured the same, like in most RPs or D&D and such, so I tend to take on more supportive roles in most things I play. It would probably feel weird for me to pop into a game with a blaster-type character at this point, but I could always try xD

Last edited:
I posted my character. I may touch it up, but I feel happy enough with it. Leaves room for growth, as well as imagination. I'd love to hear people's thoughts on it! <3

I'm thinking more of a generic demonic warrior type incarnate for my character. Not quite sure on the specific powers yet; maybe a slight strength or defence boost for the human to start.

hyun-suk-lee-asset.jpg

Stats: A:4 / D:4 / S:2 / E:1 / I:4

As for the human character, I'm thinking a young adult who was making his way through college with dreams of being a social worker. Alas, he died in a car crash (or something equally mundane).

He's a bit heartbroken that he's being forced to work with I.C.E. and he's definitely a bit wary (if not downright terrified) of his own incarnate. He's not much of a fighter. Didn't think he had a violent bone in his body, but if the soul theory holds true...

Last edited:
I posted my character. I may touch it up, but I feel happy enough with it. Leaves room for growth, as well as imagination. I'd love to hear people's thoughts on it! <3
I thoroughly enjoyed reading that Undead, at first I was a little concerned by this mountain of a man and his gigachad name but his personality offsets any worries I had. Great cliché dodge, seems like he'd be a lovely addition to the group.

And Wumsy. I adore that name, had me chuckling every time it came up. Very happy to see people taking the intelligence build route, I had been concerned that it might not be too appealing! The design is unique as well, if I'm inferring it correctly it's essentially a collection of wire like structures with what I'm envisioning as shells that cover them? And it can take multiple forms by manipulating these components? I can imagine it having a bizarre voice with that setup, like a theremin given voice. Of course you can go where you want with that, that's just where my imagination takes me.

Honestly now with the ideas people are sharing, going the magical blaster route is actually sounding more reasonable for me ^^; That or a summoner type that doesn't excel at anything but can form weaker allies to support offense, defense, cover fire, etc.

They seem fun both in power and in personality! And Wumsy is indeed a fantastic name ^^

I'm thinking more of a demonic warrior type incarnate for my character. Not quite sure on the specific powers yet; maybe a slight strength or defence boost for the human to start.

hyun-suk-lee-asset.jpg

Stats: A:4 / D:4 / S:2 / E:1 / I:4

As for the human character, I'm thinking a young adult who was making his way through college with dreams of being a social worker. Alas, he died in a car crash (or something equally mundane).

He's a bit heartbroken that he's being forced to work with I.C.E. and he's definitely a bit wary (if not downright terrified) of his own incarnate. He's not much of a fighter. Didn't think he had a violent bone in his body, but if the soul theory holds true...

Sounds like a solid set up! Seems like you've gone for a sort of brawler set up that's very costly to use but doesn't have a major drawback to compensate for that.

The character sounds like he'd be fun to watch develop as well, the idea of someone's guardian scaring them is fun, especially if what you're hinting it is the case. Plenty to explore there, pat on the back : )

Honestly now with the ideas people are sharing, going the magical blaster route is actually sounding more reasonable for me ^^; That or a summoner type that doesn't excel at anything but can form weaker allies to support offense, defense, cover fire, etc.
Both of those are cracking ideas, either would fill niches we don't have covered!

At the moment (Although of course we're very early in character development) range seems to be the weakest point of these concepts. But there are firearms to make up for that somewhat so don't let that sway you if there's any ideas you've got your hearts set on.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading that Undead, at first I was a little concerned by this mountain of a man and his gigachad name but his personality offsets any worries I had. Great cliché dodge, seems like he'd be a lovely addition to the group.

And Wumsy. I adore that name, had me chuckling every time it came up. Very happy to see people taking the intelligence build route, I had been concerned that it might not be too appealing! The design is unique as well, if I'm inferring it correctly it's essentially a collection of wire like structures with what I'm envisioning as shells that cover them? And it can take multiple forms by manipulating these components? I can imagine it having a bizarre voice with that setup, like a theremin given voice. Of course you can go where you want with that, that's just where my imagination takes me.
I left it vague on purpose. I love how different people can envision the same description differently. But, to clarify, at least in my head, it's more like many rod-like segments, with rotating joints connecting them. I suppose they could be considered wiry. My thinking behind this design choice is that Wumsy can leap around, grabbing things by unraveling their body and snaking around things, like people, or gear, and moving them around. Either moving civilians to safety, or bringing equipment to squad mates.

I also designed Dayquan that way so that he can, as his support role suggests, be a beacon of hope and confidence for others. Although he struggles with feeling that way himself. He'll have a dynamic with Wumsy where Wumsy will give him affirmations and boost his own confidence, to keep his moral up. And despite being a mountain of a man, he isn't much of a fighter. His size & strength was a design choice so that he can carry a ton of equipment, to better fill his role as supporter.

I'm so happy you like them!

I was also considering something similar to what you describe as a summoner type. Something like a mechanical being, much like Wumsy, that is made up of many segments. It wouldn't have much autonomy, but would launch out segments of itself, forming various other machinations. Though I like both of your ideas very much, and I think they would compliment the growing group very well.
They seem fun both in power and in personality! And Wumsy is indeed a fantastic name ^^
I'm glad you enjoy them! <3
Both of those are cracking ideas, either would fill niches we don't have covered!

At the moment (Although of course we're very early in character development) range seems to be the weakest point of these concepts. But there are firearms to make up for that somewhat so don't let that sway you if there's any ideas you've got your hearts set on.
Relying on gear is essentially where my characters are at. So their attacking and defending power lies mostly in what gear they have available. Though they'll always have Wumsy's intelligence to rely on.

Also, I plan on having Wumsy and Dayquan develop their teleporting ability. At some point, they'll be able to teleport to other places, and maybe even open up wormhole gates to help others travel around. That would allow not only the rescue of many people, but transporting close range fighters closer, and long range fighters further away.

I was also considering something similar to what you describe as a summoner type. Something like a mechanical being, much like Wumsy, that is made up of many segments. It wouldn't have much autonomy, but would launch out segments of itself, forming various other machinations. Though I like both of your ideas very much, and I think they would compliment the growing group very well.

I'm glad you enjoy them! <3

Relying on gear is essentially where my characters are at. So their attacking and defending power lies mostly in what gear they have available. Though they'll always have Wumsy's intelligence to rely on.

Also, I plan on having Wumsy and Dayquan develop their teleporting ability. At some point, they'll be able to teleport to other places, and maybe even open up wormhole gates to help others travel around. That would allow not only the rescue of many people, but transporting close range fighters closer, and long range fighters further away.

Having the teleportation eventually grow into portals would genuinely be great for me as well, as it opens up more range for me to play with within the RP! And there will be a juicy array of equipment for you to mess around with, got you covered there 👍

I'm already picturing a pretty devastating combo in which Wumsy could be used to drop Mulch from an incredible height, really cementing the meteor comparison...

Also I had been meaning to say this earlier but the names for your Champions. For lower intelligence Champions it seems like giving them a name is necessary. Higher intelligence Champions likely pick their own names, but that doesn't have to the be the case if you're firmly against that. For mid intelligence Champions either option is equally likely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back