• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Incarnate OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Name: Leo Marvell
Sexuality: Uncertain
Height: 6ft
Weight: 200lbs
Physical appearance:

View attachment 1057990

Personality: Leo lives a life that he considers to be without regrets which can sometimes lead to impulsive moments. He goes out of his way to help others, even complete strangers. He can get overexcited and stubborn at times. It is often for that reason that he is so determined. However, this determination and want to put others first has led him to be taken advantage of at times as well as occasionally making him lose focus on what he needs to do. He is also very self-assured; he knows who he is and nothing can shake that faith. He is someone who always seems to see at least one good thing in those he meets. He lived the way he wanted to which is why he did not change after his death.
Nationality: Canadian
Cause of death: Cancer. The doctors said that there was no way to fully remove the cancer without killing him…seems they got it all out then brought him back to life.
Incarnate ability: He can move with complete silence and hide his presence by blending into the shadows. He can pick up on nearby sounds and even throw his voice or sound like others. He can’t muffle others but can help them hide in shadows. Can produce minor waves of smoke that are in fact shadows. Currently trying to produce a weapon from the shadows but is a slow going process. Night vision. Increased agility and combat skills.
Preferred weapons/ roles: Recon or combat medic while using sais.

Incarnate name: Mephistopheles but doesn’t mind being called Memphis to save time
Incarnate physical appearance:
View attachment 1057987

Incarnate height: 7ft
Incarnate weight: 230lbs
Incarnate personality: Memphis is fascinated with human culture. When he can he likes to try and read or reread books. He has an appreciation for art and music and despite his claws has managed to both create artworks and learn different instruments. He’s even discovered a love of cooking and wine tasting. He is never one to hold back his thoughts when it comes to others. He loves to manipulate others who think they are smarter than they are and put them in their place. While he could honestly care less about the feelings of others he has grown to care for Leo. Memphis also has a secret hobby of watching anime and reading manga that only Leo knows of. When it comes to fighting enemies he likes to play around, almost sadistically at times.
Incarnate abilities: Memphis manipulates sounds and frequencies, even to the point that he can create small sonic explosions. He also controls the shadows to some extent, producing various attacks and weapons from them and moving between them, taking others with him. Memphis is no stranger to combat being proficient with many different weapon types. If he needs to he can drain the energy from others and use that to increase different stats temporarily but the one he steals from must have some to spare meaning he can’t take it from a person who’s unconscious. Can see different types of vision.
Incarnate preferred combat role: Espionage/ Attacker role

Attack: 3
Defense: 2
Speed: 3
Energy: 3
Intelligence: 4
Very interesting! It'll be funny to see what Memphis thinks of Wumsy, since Wumsy is, actually, as intelligent as they think they are. Even if Memphis dislikes Wumsy, Wumsy would very much be interested in Memphis. For Wumsy, liking or disliking them isn't a requirement for them liking or disliking another. All that matters to Wumsy is if they're interesting or not.

I feel like there are so many interesting characters! Humans and incarnates. I can't wait to see who Gnome accepts.
I'm happy to just go from general descriptions, if that helps (Despite Zee being someone who, ah, has a limited use for armor in general). Are you thinking things like powered exoskeletons (similar to the films Elysium or Edge of Tomorrow), full-on super-suits (Halo, Iron Man), armored encounter suits (Mass Effect) or more along the lines of Real-World Body Armor, But Shiny (the type used by everyone who isn't on the poster in every science fiction film)?
I agree. I don't need much, just need to know the general type of gear we have access too.

Nozomi would not be terribly happy to gear up for battle at all. She'd just put a Kevlar vest over her hoodie,if that.

Eventually, I'll finish Eden and Crow and need to take a look at the armor discussion more closely. Considering I only have one more segment to fill in it hopefully won't be by the time we're up to 12 pages of OOC. XD

Eden and Crow are done, I think.
Lovely, cheers for the update Mayali!

I think we have a handful of people who might still be working on characters but tomorrow will be the deadline I'm afraid, so better hustle if you've got something in the works that's not quite done.

Lovely, cheers for the update Mayali!

I think we have a handful of people who might still be working on characters but tomorrow will be the deadline I'm afraid, so better hustle if you've got something in the works that's not quite done.
Do you know how many you want? I'm excited to see the culling! >:D

It'll likely be about 6, including myself. I'm afraid anymore than that is pushing my limits as a DM, so for those who don't quite make it I'm sorry to have failed you, have a fish 🐡

It'll likely be about 6, including myself. I'm afraid anymore than that is pushing my limits as a DM, so for those who don't quite make it I'm sorry to have failed you, have a fish 🐡
Ooh. At least four people will be culled. Well, at least a fish is an incredible consolation prize! Worth the effort alone. <3

Everything looks super interesting so far! If I can make it in time I'll probably submit a character with mirror/reflection-themed power/Incarnate :D
The whole character concept is pretty much done in my head now. Maybe I'll submit it a few days from now or next week, if I don't make it, don't mind me haha XD
Looking forward to seeing where things go tho, good luck~

Everything looks super interesting so far! If I can make it in time I'll probably submit a character with mirror/reflection-themed power/Incarnate :D
The whole character concept is pretty much done in my head now. Maybe I'll submit it a few days from now or next week, if I don't make it, don't mind me haha XD
Looking forward to seeing where things go tho, good luck~

Oof. Gnome mentioned tomorrow was the deadline. D:

So, just because I think it may help with some notions of when today or tomorrow is for all of us - what time zone is everyone on? I’m in US Central time (UTC-6). I am suspicious that our darling GM is literally across the international date line from me. :3

So, just because I think it may help with some notions of when today or tomorrow is for all of us - what time zone is everyone on? I’m in US Central time (UTC-6). I am suspicious that our darling GM is literally across the international date line from me. :3
I'm a trucker, so my time zone various. Generally between pacific and mountain. -8 to -7.

This is a question for Gnome, but maybe someone else has sat down to think about these kinds of things - if we know our Incarnate's 'history,' prior to being integrated with our characters , is that something that should go on the sheet, or just something to keep for ourselves for the moment? The fact that all of our various creatures were Genuine Monsters for some period of time is a rather juicy plot hook, and one I've spent some time thinking about.

Ah I'm GMT. Hence why this is just a little midnight response before bed! Should I have replied earlier? Maybe, but the siren song of video games took me.

This is a question for Gnome, but maybe someone else has sat down to think about these kinds of things - if we know our Incarnate's 'history,' prior to being integrated with our characters , is that something that should go on the sheet, or just something to keep for ourselves for the moment? The fact that all of our various creatures were Genuine Monsters for some period of time is a rather juicy plot hook, and one I've spent some time thinking about.

That's certainly something you can start thinking about, but no need to slap it on the sheet just yet. Feel free to shoot it my way if you'd like just to double check it's all chill, but most things are on the table here! If it's something your incarnate could realistically do, then it can have done it probably : )

Ah I'm GMT. Hence why this is just a little midnight response before bed! Should I have replied earlier? Maybe, but the siren song of video games took me.

That's certainly something you can start thinking about, but no need to slap it on the sheet just yet. Feel free to shoot it my way if you'd like just to double check it's all chill, but most things are on the table here! If it's something your incarnate could realistically do, then it can have done it probably : )
Is that something to toss to you now, or would it be better for us to wait until we know if we are accepted or not? I'm not sure I want to bug you with character lore for an incarnate/character you end up not moving forward with ^^;

It is something that I thought about when putting together the two of them, but figured that was something to keep to ourselves since there wasn't anywhere for it on the sheet o.o

Also I hope you have a nice sleep ^^

Last edited:
I was brainstorming how to rework my gal Gerry and her incarnate Springer, but I feel like I've closed myself in a mental box, fixating on things that probably won't be a big deal at all. So I figured I should ask a couple of questions to ya'll for feedback:

Would it be better to have redeeming traits as a team player front and center or should I try to go full in on building a complete menace first? The latter could definitely bring some conflict outside of incarnate fighting, though I don't know if everyone playing would be up for that kind of nonsense.

Also, the ability Gerry has right now feels kind of redundant and bland on its own, so I wanted to make up for it by building up Springer. Maybe he'd be able to manipulate his shell, molding or shedding unneeded parts trading out a higher speed for higher defense. I'm just worried that it could end up overpowered at some point. Should I go with an ability like this or should I tone it down to a purely defensive or evasive ability? Should I add another ability at all?

Last edited:
I was brainstorming how to rework my gal Gerry and her incarnate Springer, but I feel like I've closed myself in a mental box, fixating on things that probably won't be a big deal at all. So I figured I should ask a couple of questions to ya'll for feedback:

Would it be better to have redeeming traits as a team player front and center or should I try to go full in on building a complete menace first? The latter could definitely bring some conflict outside of incarnate fighting, though I don't know if everyone playing would be up for that kind of nonsense.

Also, the ability Gerry has right now feels kind of redundant and bland on its own, so I wanted to make up for it by building up Springer. Maybe he'd be able to manipulate his shell, molding or shedding unneeded parts trading out a higher speed for higher defense. I'm just worried that it could end up overpowered at some point. Should I go with an ability like this or should I tone it down to a purely defensive or evasive ability? Should I add another ability at all?
I don't think I can really give objective advice, but I can at least give my opinion on how I would approach things, if that's helpful ^^

I might need more clarification on what you mean in the second paragraph, but I assume it's essentially "Should I try to make my character a team player or go crazy and make them hard to handle for the others?". I'd say that whatever you go with, it would probably work out, but I think at least having some character faults to grow out of as the story progresses will be a good thing. Even if they're a "complete menace" as long as you, the person ultimately with the control, doesn't let them just be an instrument for getting in everyone's way, and ultimately still have them contribute to things in their own way, then I don't see a problem. I know some people would rather everyone get along well, but I'm also expecting that Koodoo, if accepted, would end up stirring conflict and causing problems as well, so I don't personally think that's a bad thing. It leaves room for their time working together to help them grow and change in an organic manner ^^

As for abilities, I personally always like leaving the option for versatility open. And since we will presumably be growing in power as the story precedes, I think being to become more adaptable by altering his parts would be a good way to explain power growth. Of course, I don't know how we expect power to scale nor how quickly, but I assume that's something Gnome would work with you do handle anyway. Of course, learning new abilities or simply improving at the ones you already have both fill the same role too, so while it's nice to plan ahead to how you anticipate growing, you don't need to box yourself into an idea now, I don't believe ^^

Made some more minor adjustments to Koodoo's ability, removing the ability to condense the miasma for attack and clarifying the miasma's effects more thoroughly. Hopefully this will simplify their ability a bit more and keep it from being as powerful compared to others as I worry it might have been (and might still be, I'm not great at this -.-).

I don't think I can really give objective advice, but I can at least give my opinion on how I would approach things, if that's helpful ^^

I might need more clarification on what you mean in the second paragraph, but I assume it's essentially "Should I try to make my character a team player or go crazy and make them hard to handle for the others?". I'd say that whatever you go with, it would probably work out, but I think at least having some character faults to grow out of as the story progresses will be a good thing. Even if they're a "complete menace" as long as you, the person ultimately with the control, doesn't let them just be an instrument for getting in everyone's way, and ultimately still have them contribute to things in their own way, then I don't see a problem. I know some people would rather everyone get along well, but I'm also expecting that Koodoo, if accepted, would end up stirring conflict and causing problems as well, so I don't personally think that's a bad thing. It leaves room for their time working together to help them grow and change in an organic manner ^^

As for abilities, I personally always like leaving the option for versatility open. And since we will presumably be growing in power as the story precedes, I think being to become more adaptable by altering his parts would be a good way to explain power growth. Of course, I don't know how we expect power to scale nor how quickly, but I assume that's something Gnome would work with you do handle anyway. Of course, learning new abilities or simply improving at the ones you already have both fill the same role too, so while it's nice to plan ahead to how you anticipate growing, you don't need to box yourself into an idea now, I don't believe ^^
I agree with Echo. Faults are what makes a character likeable. Conflict is good, as long as there's growth and connection as well. Dayquan will cause issues with his cowardice, and Wumsy will cause issues with their detachment from emotions and curious nature. I believe having a way to cause conflict is good, but, being a complete menace may not be the best way to go about it. Though I also don't know exactly what you mean by complete menace.

Okay everybody this is the big moment! The culling. Gotta say, this wasn't easy, and I appreciate every single person that took the time to create a character for this. But without further ado I shall announce who's in...

StatusUndead StatusUndead asphodelus asphodelus Echocoa Echocoa Naril Naril BananaMuffin BananaMuffin , congrats, you've all bagged yourself spots in the rp. For those of you that didn't make it but would still like to be considered in case any of these fine folk drop out, just shoot me a message and I'll know who to call should any spaces free up!

Oh and here's a link to a gallery that shows the kinda vibe I'm looking for with your armour!
(Sorry I've been a little bit absent in the ooc, back at uni now and Monday is one of my busiest days).

I think Naril asked what variety of armour characters would wear in this RP and the best analogue would be something like Halo, where it's a sealed system that provides extra protection and helps boost your strength a bit beyond that of a normal human. If you can't find a pic that's exactly what you want but is close feel free to use that and just describe any customization you'd make to it!

Okay everybody this is the big moment! The culling. Gotta say, this wasn't easy, and I appreciate every single person that took the time to create a character for this. But without further ado I shall announce who's in...

StatusUndead StatusUndead asphodelus asphodelus Echocoa Echocoa Naril Naril BananaMuffin BananaMuffin , congrats, you've all bagged yourself spots in the rp. For those of you that didn't make it but would still like to be considered in case any of these fine folk drop out, just shoot me a message and I'll know who to call should any spaces free up!

Oh and here's a link to a gallery that shows the kinda vibe I'm looking for with your armour!
(Sorry I've been a little bit absent in the ooc, back at uni now and Monday is one of my busiest days).

I think Naril asked what variety of armour characters would wear in this RP and the best analogue would be something like Halo, where it's a sealed system that provides extra protection and helps boost your strength a bit beyond that of a normal human. If you can't find a pic that's exactly what you want but is close feel free to use that and just describe any customization you'd make to it!
Thanks for giving me a chance and I'll try to live up to expectations >-< It's been great seeing everyone's ideas and I look forward to possibly being in RPs with the rest of you in the future ^^

I'll take a look at the armor, but I won't lie, I have no experience with Halo or related games and can barely envision, like, power armor, so I'll have to dig a bit xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back