• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Incarnate OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Ha, excluding Wumsy. Wumsy is an odd exception to most rules when it comes to dealing with incarnates, I'd presume. I had those with more dangerous souls in mind — our recruits were walking around with guards in an I.C.E. base; if such extreme precautions were needed, I'm not sure if they'd have much freedom elsewhere. Of course, Wumsy wouldn't care about that, though.
Haha! Yeah, I'm curious as well. Like, what kind of rules or limitations are there. And yeah, I really like how Wumsy interacts with the world as an incarnate. It's already been quite hilarious to see how guards and such react to them. Let alone others in power as the story continues.

It'll also be interesting to see how, if ever, another super intelligent incarnate is ordered to capture Wumsy, or just keep them in place. Teleportation makes them a slippery fellow. That, combined with its snake-like body makes them fairly close to impossible to imprison.

I'm honestly pretty proud of my creation. XD If I may toot my own horn.

While I'm thinking about it Gnomar Gnomar , how much can we assume our character's know about incarnates, champions, ICE activities, and the sort? I know they've been briefed on some things but of course they wouldn't know as much as we do.

Well the public is well aware of what ICE do and will have undertaken multiple Incarnate safety courses that inform them what to when one shows up. So even before training they'll be familiar with both.

Information on Champions is a bit harder to come by. All our characters will be aware that they're basically Incarnates that have been wrangled into service by ICE and understand the basic premise.

They'll be aware of the basics of summoning and de-summoning, as well as being briefed on the benefits of having a Champion out and about as opposed to stowed.

For you in particular Echo, you might want to explore not really knowing anything about ICE prior to your revive considering when your character bit the dirt.

Wow RP nation hasn't been updating me very well. Only saw the additional stuff after Echo's question after I posted!

Additionally, how much contact with the outside world have our characters had since their reincarnation? I presume they haven't been allowed to wander much with uncontrollable monsters attached to their souls. Also, who was alerted about their rebirth (if anyone at all)? Are there public records of I.C.E. employees? Considering the extent of technology in this world, once someone goes out into the field, they'd have to have been caught on camera or something.

Your characters will have been able to chat virtually and whatnot with friends and family but won't have been allowed off base, not until ICE is sure they've got their Champion 100% under control. Be a bit of a PR disaster if one of our characters went home to see their Nan and she gets mauled by the bat demon living in their back pocket.

As for the alert, family. But there's no restrictions placed on the family for who they want to tell, so friends could also know pretty quickly.

Public records do indeed exist! And most basic things are out there for all to see. Specific information on powers, champions and operations are kept under a tight leash though.

Oh and ICE will try to cover up anything done by Champions in their previous feral state. Sometimes that's impossible, but they try.

Wow RP nation hasn't been updating me very well. Only saw the additional stuff after Echo's question after I posted!

Your characters will have been able to chat virtually and whatnot with friends and family but won't have been allowed off base, not until ICE is sure they've got their Champion 100% under control. Be a bit of a PR disaster if one of our characters went home to see their Nan and she gets mauled by the bat demon living in their back pocket.

As for the alert, family. But there's no restrictions placed on the family for who they want to tell, so friends could also know pretty quickly.

Public records do indeed exist! And most basic things are out there for all to see. Specific information on powers, champions and operations are kept under a tight leash though.

Oh and ICE will try to cover up anything done by Champions in their previous feral state. Sometimes that's impossible, but they try.
So, how do Champions change from their feral state? For example, some like Wumsy, who actually thinks about philosophy. Are there any changes individually? Or do they essentially remain the same, just under the power of a revived human?

So, how do Champions change from their feral state? For example, some like Wumsy, who actually thinks about philosophy. Are there any changes individually? Or do they essentially remain the same, just under the power of a revived human?
I think I mentioned this somewhere but feral Incarnates are violent and prone to emotional outbursts. They do still have individual personalities, so Wumsy may still have been pondering philosophical questions, but wouldn't be the same peaceful beast we see today. It likely would have lashed out at any human who interfered with them.

Also I'm taking a roadtrip over the weekend so my presence may be a bit patchy!

Oh, fun, so the only people Emery cares for would've thought him dead for a month, at least, until he remembers to call them. I'm sure they're all taking this very well; that'll be fun to explore.

How long is the wait between death and revival again? On average, without any complications.

I think I mentioned this somewhere but feral Incarnates are violent and prone to emotional outbursts. They do still have individual personalities, so Wumsy may still have been pondering philosophical questions, but wouldn't be the same peaceful beast we see today. It likely would have lashed out at any human who interfered with them.

Also I'm taking a roadtrip over the weekend so my presence may be a bit patchy!
Ah. So it's like personality traits are extremified. Like Wumsy's thirst for knowledge. Despite being a morally good person due to their pondering, feral Wumsy would let nothing slow down their pursuit of knowledge.

Though, Wumsy didn't have much going for them before the attachment to Dayquan, since its only ability is to teleport to him, they wouldn't have anything besides their wit and a moderate amount of speed. Wumsy can punch about as hard as a wet noodle. And a wet noodle would also be enough to break their defenses.

Well the public is well aware of what ICE do and will have undertaken multiple Incarnate safety courses that inform them what to when one shows up. So even before training they'll be familiar with both.

Information on Champions is a bit harder to come by. All our characters will be aware that they're basically Incarnates that have been wrangled into service by ICE and understand the basic premise.

They'll be aware of the basics of summoning and de-summoning, as well as being briefed on the benefits of having a Champion out and about as opposed to stowed.

For you in particular Echo, you might want to explore not really knowing anything about ICE prior to your revive considering when your character bit the dirt.

Thanks for answering all those questions ^^

I think for the moment I'll operate under the assumption that Marie has a basic understanding of incarnates in theory, but hasn't actually seen much footage of them and so still doesn't really comprehend the scale or magnitude of how they've changed the world. She also understands very little about what makes a champion special, since Koodoo is the only one she really knows and she has pretty much never bothered to show or explain her abilities.

As for family and the outside world, I think ICE would limit that a bit more than with the others, given her situation. It would probably be more of a trickle feed to make sure it wouldn't overwhelm her mind, but she would have been given a crash course in major world events of the past few decades alongside her other ICE briefs. I think her family would be aware of her revival, as you say, but contact would be limited for the time being, until they deem Marie to have acclimated sufficiently to the current circumstances. So currently she knows that her family knows, but hasn't been able to talk with or see them virtually or otherwise.

If all that seems reasonable. It would allow her to function in the team for now but give her room to explore a lot of the things she has missed in 30 years of nothingness as we progress >.<

Also, asphodelus and I already scripted the short interaction between Marie and Emery in DMs, so I wanted to ask if there was a particular order or anything of posts that you wanted Gnomar Gnomar . Like, should we wait for our last member to post something first? Should I post the conversation since asphodelus posted last, or can they post again and then I have Marie's impressions/thoughts afterwards? Just things to know for now and the future >-<

Also, asphodelus and I already scripted the short interaction between Marie and Emery in DMs, so I wanted to ask if there was a particular order or anything of posts that you wanted Gnomar Gnomar . Like, should we wait for our last member to post something first? Should I post the conversation since asphodelus posted last, or can they post again and then I have Marie's impressions/thoughts afterwards? Just things to know for now and the future >-<
I know Gnome or Thinking hasn't said anything yet, but I wouldn't mind you two posting again. Not to instigate or anything if Gnome prefers that everyone posts at least once, but your posts were good and it'd be neat to see the conversation between them. I'll get my post in soon If you're worried about asphodelus double-posting, though my brain caved since we started and I haven't been able to work up much writing in general xp

I know Gnome or Thinking hasn't said anything yet, but I wouldn't mind you two posting again. Not to instigate or anything if Gnome prefers that everyone posts at least once, but your posts were good and it'd be neat to see the conversation between them. I'll get my post in soon If you're worried about asphodelus double-posting, though my brain caved since we started and I haven't been able to work up much writing in general xp
I also don't mind. I don't really take any issue when there's multiple posts when it comes to conversations. Though, as mentioned, scripting it beforehand in PMs and then having one person post it is ideal. Like y'all have done.

Right, I'm back home and finally able to moderate things here again : D

Thanks for being so patient and managing things well between yourselves in my absence.

In an ideal world Banana would post before you guys post your next round but if they're struggling to find the time/ muse then we might as well keep the ball rolling.

Go for it!

Made a small addition to the lore tab, just a little note on a religion that'll crop up in the setting a bit.

Hey again guys sorry I have also been absent! Hopefully, I get back into the swing of things as soon as possible.

Hey again guys sorry I have also been absent! Hopefully, I get back into the swing of things as soon as possible.
No worries. We haven't gotten past the introductory phase. So you haven't missed out on anything.

Put up the first part of Marie and Emery's interaction, and Asphodelus will be putting up the rest once they write it out. Sorry for leaving most of the actual dialogue to you Aspho >-<

Well things have certainly died down about here, so how about we get to know each other a little better?

I'd love to hear about your favourite video game/ book series/ film/ TV show! It's usually a good insight into the soul, and seems like as good a way as any to learn a little more about you fine folks.

Well things have certainly died down about here, so how about we get to know each other a little better?

I'd love to hear about your favourite video game/ book series/ film/ TV show! It's usually a good insight into the soul, and seems like as good a way as any to learn a little more about you fine folks.
I'll start with my favorite book author, rather than book. That's Christopher Paolini. Author of the Inheritance Saga, Eragon and such, as well as To Sleep In A Sea Of Stars. He doesn't churn out many books, but each one is a treasure to me.

I also really love the Golden Compass trilogy, part of His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman.

Many other books, too, but those are my favorites.

As for video games, its been a long time since I've had the time to sit down and have a proper play through any game. But the Elder Scrolls series is a favorite, as well as the Final Fantasy series. And pretty much any Tactics game, like Onimusha Tactics or Final Fantasy Tactics.

Lately, I've been playing a lot of mobile games. Mostly idle ones. I quite enjoy Idling to Rule the Gods and Idle Skilling. I'm currently waiting for updates for Idle Dyson Sphere. My favorite is Antimatter Dimensions, but the update is only out for PC, not Android, yet.

Also been hooked on this new game, Stick War 3, for one of my more active games. Used to play a lot of Hunt Royale, too.

I used to be really big into an MMO called Marvel Heroes. But when Disney obtained Marvel, it got shut down. I had nearly a thousand hours in it. Now it sits sadly in my Steam library, unable to be played. 😢

As for shows, there's a large variety there. Currently watching a lot of anime, since Crunchyroll has a feature for syncing shows for offline viewing, and I often park in poor reception areas. My all-time favorite is Kimi Ni Todoke. But any rom-com will do it for me, like Toradora or Ore Monogatari. I've also got a thing for Isekai, or traveling to another world anime. Overlord is fantastic, probably my favorite so far. Also love That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime, So I'm A Spider, So What? And Arifureta are other notable ones for me. Currently watching Isekai Cheat Magician. It's pretty good.

Although, I did not like I've Been Killing Slimes For 300 Years And Maxed Out My Level. Characters were too bland for me. I don't often dislike shows enough to quit watching them. But that was one.

For non-anime, I enjoy shows like Lucifer, New Amsterdam, Steven Universe, which may well be my favorite show of all-time, Good Doctor, and many more I can't think of right now.

For movies, I love You People, a recent movie. Very good. And Bruce Almighty is another favorite. I also loved the Matrix movies, though I haven't gotten around to watching the newest one yet. And John Wick. Or, really, anything either Keanu Reeves. As well as Ryan Reynolds, such as Guy, or Deadpool. Those are my favorite actors.

Well, thank you for taking the time to read my massive wall of text. Didn't expect it to get so long, but I just kept typing away. XD

I'll start with my favorite book author, rather than book. That's Christopher Paolini. Author of the Inheritance Saga, Eragon and such, as well as To Sleep In A Sea Of Stars. He doesn't churn out many books, but each one is a treasure to me.

I also really love the Golden Compass trilogy, part of His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman.

Many other books, too, but those are my favorites.

As for video games, its been a long time since I've had the time to sit down and have a proper play through any game. But the Elder Scrolls series is a favorite, as well as the Final Fantasy series. And pretty much any Tactics game, like Onimusha Tactics or Final Fantasy Tactics.

Lately, I've been playing a lot of mobile games. Mostly idle ones. I quite enjoy Idling to Rule the Gods and Idle Skilling. I'm currently waiting for updates for Idle Dyson Sphere. My favorite is Antimatter Dimensions, but the update is only out for PC, not Android, yet.

Also been hooked on this new game, Stick War 3, for one of my more active games. Used to play a lot of Hunt Royale, too.

I used to be really big into an MMO called Marvel Heroes. But when Disney obtained Marvel, it got shut down. I had nearly a thousand hours in it. Now it sits sadly in my Steam library, unable to be played. 😢

As for shows, there's a large variety there. Currently watching a lot of anime, since Crunchyroll has a feature for syncing shows for offline viewing, and I often park in poor reception areas. My all-time favorite is Kimi Ni Todoke. But any rom-com will do it for me, like Toradora or Ore Monogatari. I've also got a thing for Isekai, or traveling to another world anime. Overlord is fantastic, probably my favorite so far. Also love That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime, So I'm A Spider, So What? And Arifureta are other notable ones for me. Currently watching Isekai Cheat Magician. It's pretty good.

Although, I did not like I've Been Killing Slimes For 300 Years And Maxed Out My Level. Characters were too bland for me. I don't often dislike shows enough to quit watching them. But that was one.

For non-anime, I enjoy shows like Lucifer, New Amsterdam, Steven Universe, which may well be my favorite show of all-time, Good Doctor, and many more I can't think of right now.

For movies, I love You People, a recent movie. Very good. And Bruce Almighty is another favorite. I also loved the Matrix movies, though I haven't gotten around to watching the newest one yet. And John Wick. Or, really, anything either Keanu Reeves. As well as Ryan Reynolds, such as Guy, or Deadpool. Those are my favorite actors.

Well, thank you for taking the time to read my massive wall of text. Didn't expect it to get so long, but I just kept typing away. XD
I appreciate the thorough insight into your tastes mate, no problem that it ran on a bit. Gotta say I'm surprised by some of these, just a few bits that I wouldn't have guessed had somebody pressed me for a suggestion on what you might be into. Not to say they're bad, and of course I haven't known you for that long/ that well so there was always a good chance my assumptions were gonna be completely off to begin with!

Sorry to hear about your Marvel game getting sunset though, that's rough buddy : (

I appreciate the thorough insight into your tastes mate, no problem that it ran on a bit. Gotta say I'm surprised by some of these, just a few bits that I wouldn't have guessed had somebody pressed me for a suggestion on what you might be into. Not to say they're bad, and of course I haven't known you for that long/ that well so there was always a good chance my assumptions were gonna be completely off to begin with!

Sorry to hear about your Marvel game getting sunset though, that's rough buddy : (
Thanks! And yeah, my tastes a wildly varied. There's so much I didn't include, since it's sorta all over the place. It gets kinda frustrating at times, though. More and more media comes out, but there's not enough time to read/watch/play it all.

Yeah. That Marvel game scratched my perfect playstyle itch so well! With the ability to switch characters on the fly. Areas were leveled to the character, so you can train up a new hero while your buddy with their maxed out hero can grind right alongside you. There were characters that could grind mobs with one button, for when you wanted to grind while watching a show, or when you wanted to be more active, characters that used multiple rows of skills for optimal damage.

It was glorious. And it's gone. And I weep.

Oh yeah, you gotta reply to yourself as well. You can't just be sitting here, spying on us like a creep. :p

I appreciate you wanting to hear about everyone's interests, I just have very little to talk about. I really never have anything to talk about when people ask about shows and games and interests and it's something I feel more self-conscious than I should about, but I'll try to at least write a bit.

Books I don't think I really have anything for; I read a good bit through the end of high school, mostly fantasy and dystopian I think? And I read a little bit of nonfiction research-type stuff in early college just because the material interested me, but I can't seem to maintain interest in most reading material long enough for it to matter anymore.

Film and TV is pretty much the same, except I never really got into much of either in the first place. If I watched a film it was probably just because my family was, and I've never watched much TV apart from when I was young. Most of whatever I watch, and listen to, frankly, is stuff on YouTube, and I don't really feel like talking about any of that. I did watch anime a good bit for a while, but around when my depression came in that also went out. Fantasy for the most part, but some rom-com, some slice-of-life, nothing that was super action heavy. I don't remember the names of much of anything, though, but I know I've seen at least some of a couple of the Isekais Undead mentioned.

I do play video games a lot, I just get uncomfortable talking about it for whatever stupid social-anxiety-induced reason. It's been Nintendo stuff most of my life and I still enjoy Pokemon and Fire Emblem and several other series, like Monster Hunter. Predominantly RPGs, though there are exceptions of course, like The Binding of Isaac and Terraria, my first PC games. I just tend to lose motivation and enjoyment midway through most things thanks to mental stuff, so I rarely finish games anymore unless they really grip me. One of the biggest ones over the past couple of years has been Final Fantasy XIV, which was my first and still pretty much my only MMO, and it's been really important in my life and where I met some friends I really needed and treasure still. I've played it on and off for a couple years, but am back into it right now despite playing alone now. A couple other games I'm also playing currently are Genshin Impact and Xenoblade Chronicles 3.

Probably could have put in more detail but I hope that's good enough >.<

I appreciate you wanting to hear about everyone's interests, I just have very little to talk about. I really never have anything to talk about when people ask about shows and games and interests and it's something I feel more self-conscious than I should about, but I'll try to at least write a bit.

Books I don't think I really have anything for; I read a good bit through the end of high school, mostly fantasy and dystopian I think? And I read a little bit of nonfiction research-type stuff in early college just because the material interested me, but I can't seem to maintain interest in most reading material long enough for it to matter anymore.

Film and TV is pretty much the same, except I never really got into much of either in the first place. If I watched a film it was probably just because my family was, and I've never watched much TV apart from when I was young. Most of whatever I watch, and listen to, frankly, is stuff on YouTube, and I don't really feel like talking about any of that. I did watch anime a good bit for a while, but around when my depression came in that also went out. Fantasy for the most part, but some rom-com, some slice-of-life, nothing that was super action heavy. I don't remember the names of much of anything, though, but I know I've seen at least some of a couple of the Isekais Undead mentioned.

I do play video games a lot, I just get uncomfortable talking about it for whatever stupid social-anxiety-induced reason. It's been Nintendo stuff most of my life and I still enjoy Pokemon and Fire Emblem and several other series. Predominantly RPGs, though there are exceptions of course, like The Binding of Isaac and Terraria, my first PC games. I just tend to lose motivation and enjoyment midway through most things thanks to mental stuff, so I rarely finish games anymore unless they really grip me. One of the biggest ones over the past couple of years has been Final Fantasy XIV, which was my first and still pretty much my only MMO, and it's been really important in my life and where I met some friends I really needed and treasure still. I've played it on and off for a couple years, but am back into it right now despite playing alone now. A couple other games I'm also playing currently are Genshin Impact and Xenoblade Chronicles 3.

Probably could have put in more detail but I hope that's good enough >.<
I totally understand. Depression is no joke. I also grew up on Nintendo! I'll choose that over Xbox/Playstation any day. I love my Switch. Even though I don't play much due to time constraints. Fire Emblem is a great series. I just haven't played it as much.

Same thing with Pokémon. I've played everything up to Sword/Shield. I may get into the newer ones at some point. I'm unsure. But I am quite proud of my Let's Go Pikachu! The only game where I've collected all 151 Pokémon. <3 I hope they do more games in that style. I quite loved it. Got any favorite Pokémon?

Also, have you ever done any Pokémon RPing? I've done a few myself. Maybe I'll try getting into another one. Had a 1x1 partner fall through, so I think I can spare the time. Hmm.

I totally understand. Depression is no joke. I also grew up on Nintendo! I'll choose that over Xbox/Playstation any day. I love my Switch. Even though I don't play much due to time constraints. Fire Emblem is a great series. I just haven't played it as much.

Same thing with Pokémon. I've played everything up to Sword/Shield. I may get into the newer ones at some point. I'm unsure. But I am quite proud of my Let's Go Pikachu! The only game where I've collected all 151 Pokémon. <3 I hope they do more games in that style. I quite loved it. Got any favorite Pokémon?

Also, have you ever done any Pokémon RPing? I've done a few myself. Maybe I'll try getting into another one. Had a 1x1 partner fall through, so I think I can spare the time. Hmm.
Honestly it's hard for me to list my favorite of anything off the top of my head, so I'm not sure I have any good answer.. I tend to not double-down as much as some people I know on the Pokemon they really like and I try to use new ones every time I play a game. I like a lot of them, with preferences towards ones I think are cute or pretty, but really it's a very mixed bag >.<

And no, I haven't done any Pokemon RP, mostly just because I basically haven't done much of any RP at all, really.. I only started picking it up around the beginning of the year to try to connect with people and occupy my mind after pretty much all my hobbies lost their meaning, since I enjoyed D&D back at college and storytelling/character creating is one of the few things I still have consistent passion for.

Honestly it's hard for me to list my favorite of anything off the top of my head, so I'm not sure I have any good answer.. I tend to not double-down as much as some people I know on the Pokemon they really like and I try to use new ones every time I play a game. I like a lot of them, with preferences towards ones I think are cute or pretty, but really it's a very mixed bag >.<

And no, I haven't done any Pokemon RP, mostly just because I basically haven't done much of any RP at all, really.. I only started picking it up around the beginning of the year to try to connect with people and occupy my mind after pretty much all my hobbies lost their meaning, since I enjoyed D&D back at college and storytelling/character creating is one of the few things I still have consistent passion for.
Understandable. I'm sorta the same way. I don't really have a favorite, but I have many that I like and, depending on my mood, any of them could be my favorites spot. I also prefer the cute type Pokémon. I tend to gravitate towards bugs.

D&D is something I've always wanted to play. I never had the friend groups to support it. I also have a passion for creating stories. I know I would prefer the DM role. Since I haven't been able to play, I've been limited to watching others play on YouTube. I especially love Acquisitions Incorporated, if you know who they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back