• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Incarnate OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Understandable. I'm sorta the same way. I don't really have a favorite, but I have many that I like and, depending on my mood, any of them could be my favorites spot. I also prefer the cute type Pokémon. I tend to gravitate towards bugs.

D&D is something I've always wanted to play. I never had the friend groups to support it. I also have a passion for creating stories. I know I would prefer the DM role. Since I haven't been able to play, I've been limited to watching others play on YouTube. I especially love Acquisitions Incorporated, if you know who they are.
I happened to find out there was a club for it and joined back before all my mental stuff began, and that ended up being like 80% of the socializing I did in my entire time there. And I have the passion to DM, but as I learned from trying one time, zero percent of the skill or minute understanding. I just enjoyed being part of a collaborative storytelling environment, since conflict of most sorts gets me really anxious (hence having played basically zero shooters or PvP games). Cooperative games and experiences, though, if I actually have people to share them with, are lovely.

Also I am aware of the name of AI but know basically nothing about it. There was at least one person in the club I remember that was really into it, though ^^;

Well things have certainly died down about here, so how about we get to know each other a little better?

I'd love to hear about your favourite video game/ book series/ film/ TV show! It's usually a good insight into the soul, and seems like as good a way as any to learn a little more about you fine folks.
Unfortunately, I have no console to play video games on, nor do I have a television. Yes, I know. I'm a very incorrect human being.

These days, I just read and roleplay. I jump in and out of fandoms — well, usually. I've been stuck in the Six of Crows duology for months now, haha.

Sometimes I dip back into past interests. Naruto, DC, Marvel. I've soaked up way too much information about Batman but still refuse to touch the characters with a ten feet pole; I'm not going to be one of those people who oversimplify and OOC such complex characters. Unfortunately, even the comic writers can't seem to keep things consistent these days.

Pokémon was my childhood. I'm thoroughly disappointed with the current joke of an anime that's currently airing. The fandom is... not a fun place to be at at the moment, so good memories just live on in mind.

Oh. I forgot to add that the Hades fandom is brilliant. Greek myths were my jam.

I happened to find out there was a club for it and joined back before all my mental stuff began, and that ended up being like 80% of the socializing I did in my entire time there. And I have the passion to DM, but as I learned from trying one time, zero percent of the skill or minute understanding. I just enjoyed being part of a collaborative storytelling environment, since conflict of most sorts gets me really anxious (hence having played basically zero shooters or PvP games). Cooperative games and experiences, though, if I actually have people to share them with, are lovely.

Also I am aware of the name of AI but know basically nothing about it. There was at least one person in the club I remember that was really into it, though ^^;
AI is awesome because they are sometimes have Chris Perkins as their DM. If you aren't familiar, he's the writer for the stories and such for D&D. I could just imagine having the actual master of DMing as your DM. I find it entertaining.

I'm with you on cooperative games. I almost never play pvp games. With a few exceptions, such as Smash Bros. I also used to play League of Legends back in the day. But I never played the pvp modes. Always against bots. XD

It's just nice working together with people towards a goal rather than against.

Unfortunately, I have no console to play video games on, nor do I have a television. Yes, I know. I'm a very incorrect human being.

These days, I just read and roleplay. I jump in and out of fandoms — well, usually. I've been stuck in the Six of Crows duology for months now, haha.

Sometimes I dip back into past interests. Naruto, DC, Marvel. I've soaked up way too much information about Batman but still refuse to touch the characters with a ten feet pole; I'm not going to be one of those people who oversimplify and OOC such complex characters. Unfortunately, even the comic writers can't seem to keep things consistent these days.

Pokémon was my childhood. I'm thoroughly disappointed with the current joke of an anime that's currently airing. The fandom is... not a fun place to be at at the moment, so good memories just live on in mind.
I feel like more than half the media I participate in is stuff I've already done. I reread books, rewatch shows and replay games. There's just something nice about going in knowing I'm going to have a good time.

I feel like more than half the media I participate in is stuff I've already done. I reread books, rewatch shows and replay games. There's just something nice about going in knowing I'm going to have a good time.
Indeed. Some stories were just made begging to be reread or rewatched. There's nothing better than settling down and already knowing you'll have a great time.

Oh yeah, you gotta reply to yourself as well. You can't just be sitting here, spying on us like a creep. :p
I'm just trying to justify my purchase of these binoculars, let a man spy 🕵️‍♂️

But yeah you right, I'll get to that in a moment!

Thanks! And yeah, my tastes a wildly varied. There's so much I didn't include, since it's sorta all over the place. It gets kinda frustrating at times, though. More and more media comes out, but there's not enough time to read/watch/play it all.

Yeah. That Marvel game scratched my perfect playstyle itch so well! With the ability to switch characters on the fly. Areas were leveled to the character, so you can train up a new hero while your buddy with their maxed out hero can grind right alongside you. There were characters that could grind mobs with one button, for when you wanted to grind while watching a show, or when you wanted to be more active, characters that used multiple rows of skills for optimal damage.

It was glorious. And it's gone. And I weep.

Ahah, well I think it's great to fill your pick n mix with a broad shovel. Sounds like a versatile little time sink! Always appreciate the ability to play with friends and have even those that are already high level benefit from helping scrubs.

I appreciate you wanting to hear about everyone's interests, I just have very little to talk about. I really never have anything to talk about when people ask about shows and games and interests and it's something I feel more self-conscious than I should about, but I'll try to at least write a bit.

Books I don't think I really have anything for; I read a good bit through the end of high school, mostly fantasy and dystopian I think? And I read a little bit of nonfiction research-type stuff in early college just because the material interested me, but I can't seem to maintain interest in most reading material long enough for it to matter anymore.

Film and TV is pretty much the same, except I never really got into much of either in the first place. If I watched a film it was probably just because my family was, and I've never watched much TV apart from when I was young. Most of whatever I watch, and listen to, frankly, is stuff on YouTube, and I don't really feel like talking about any of that. I did watch anime a good bit for a while, but around when my depression came in that also went out. Fantasy for the most part, but some rom-com, some slice-of-life, nothing that was super action heavy. I don't remember the names of much of anything, though, but I know I've seen at least some of a couple of the Isekais Undead mentioned.

I do play video games a lot, I just get uncomfortable talking about it for whatever stupid social-anxiety-induced reason. It's been Nintendo stuff most of my life and I still enjoy Pokemon and Fire Emblem and several other series, like Monster Hunter. Predominantly RPGs, though there are exceptions of course, like The Binding of Isaac and Terraria, my first PC games. I just tend to lose motivation and enjoyment midway through most things thanks to mental stuff, so I rarely finish games anymore unless they really grip me. One of the biggest ones over the past couple of years has been Final Fantasy XIV, which was my first and still pretty much my only MMO, and it's been really important in my life and where I met some friends I really needed and treasure still. I've played it on and off for a couple years, but am back into it right now despite playing alone now. A couple other games I'm also playing currently are Genshin Impact and Xenoblade Chronicles 3.

Probably could have put in more detail but I hope that's good enough >.<
Thanks for sharing Echo, giving a response wasn't mandatory so I'm sorry if that pushed you out of your comfort zone too much! Don't feel like you have to answer any questions like that if you don't want to from here on out.

No need to be ashamed or embarrassed of your choices of media consumption here, we all take things at different rates! Just enjoy what you enjoy. As for not wanting to share what YouTube you watch, I totally get that, for some reason that's more personal than games or TV? Can't explain it but it is, although I would share mine if pressed. It's just not something I'd do automatically.

I'm not quite as big a Nintendo fan as the two of you seem to be but I've dipped my toe in that pool! I'm an absolute Pokémon nut, so love that I've got some fellow fans in here. Not surprising really considering the concept of this RP I suppose lol. I've also just taken my first foray into the Monster Hunter franchise and MHW has been an absolute treat for somebody who loves speculative biology and ecology as much as I do! Spent more time catching bugs with my net than hunting elder dragons honestly.

I totally understand. Depression is no joke. I also grew up on Nintendo! I'll choose that over Xbox/Playstation any day. I love my Switch. Even though I don't play much due to time constraints. Fire Emblem is a great series. I just haven't played it as much.

Same thing with Pokémon. I've played everything up to Sword/Shield. I may get into the newer ones at some point. I'm unsure. But I am quite proud of my Let's Go Pikachu! The only game where I've collected all 151 Pokémon. <3 I hope they do more games in that style. I quite loved it. Got any favorite Pokémon?

Also, have you ever done any Pokémon RPing? I've done a few myself. Maybe I'll try getting into another one. Had a 1x1 partner fall through, so I think I can spare the time. Hmm.

Understandable. I'm sorta the same way. I don't really have a favorite, but I have many that I like and, depending on my mood, any of them could be my favorites spot. I also prefer the cute type Pokémon. I tend to gravitate towards bugs.

D&D is something I've always wanted to play. I never had the friend groups to support it. I also have a passion for creating stories. I know I would prefer the DM role. Since I haven't been able to play, I've been limited to watching others play on YouTube. I especially love Acquisitions Incorporated, if you know who they are.

The newer ones are.... Something. Definitely missing the charm of the older games, but that might just me becoming a jaded old man. Can't say I recommend them, but definitely wouldn't tell anybody wanting to try them to stay away. I've got like 700+ hours on Sword anyway so it would make me a massive hypocrite lmao.

What about you Undead, got a fav mon?
Big props on that complete Pokédex as well my man : D

I've got a few Pokémon RPS under my belt, they're great fun when there's a good concept going! I could potentially set one up if people were interested...

I'm just trying to justify my purchase of these binoculars, let a man spy 🕵️‍♂️

But yeah you right, I'll get to that in a moment!

Ahah, well I think it's great to fill your pick n mix with a broad shovel. Sounds like a versatile little time sink! Always appreciate the ability to play with friends and have even those that are already high level benefit from helping scrubs.

Thanks for sharing Echo, giving a response wasn't mandatory so I'm sorry if that pushed you out of your comfort zone too much! Don't feel like you have to answer any questions like that if you don't want to from here on out.

No need to be ashamed or embarrassed of your choices of media consumption here, we all take things at different rates! Just enjoy what you enjoy. As for not wanting to share what YouTube you watch, I totally get that, for some reason that's more personal than games or TV? Can't explain it but it is, although I would share mine if pressed. It's just not something I'd do automatically.

I'm not quite as big a Nintendo fan as the two of you seem to be but I've dipped my toe in that pool! I'm an absolute Pokémon nut, so love that I've got some fellow fans in here. Not surprising really considering the concept of this RP I suppose lol. I've also just taken my first foray into the Monster Hunter franchise and MHW has been an absolute treat for somebody who loves speculative biology and ecology as much as I do! Spent more time catching bugs with my net than hunting elder dragons honestly.

The newer ones are.... Something. Definitely missing the charm of the older games, but that might just me becoming a jaded old man. Can't say I recommend them, but definitely wouldn't tell anybody wanting to try them to stay away. I've got like 700+ hours on Sword anyway so it would make me a massive hypocrite lmao.

What about you Undead, got a fav mon?
Big props on that complete Pokédex as well my man : D

I've got a few Pokémon RPS under my belt, they're great fun when there's a good concept going! I could potentially set one up if people were interested...
I would certainly be interested in a Pokémon rp. I've been part of ones that are more traditional, but I also quite enjoy coloring outside the lines. I had one rp where there were no Pokéballs. Or technology. It was a medieval setting. A bit on the darker side, as humans had Pokémon, but they didn't do battle in traditional Pokémon fashion. Instead, they were out all the time, and they battled alongside each other. Humans fought both humans and Pokémon, and vice-versa.

My character used three Pyukumuku. 3 was the general limit. Two of them were attached to either hand. They attacked by punching, launching the innards of the Pyukumuku. Like a long ranged boxer. The third was a special shiny. It focused on defense. Things like protect and such, as well as using their innards to block attacks.

Despite what I just said, Pyukumuku are not among my favorite mons. I just thought the concept was cool. Some of my favorites include some og mons, like Onix and Gengar. I always thought it was strange that such a massive rock snake had such awful stats. Of course, Pikachu. I never evolve them. Except maybe for the Pokédex. And most bugs. Beedrill is a top contender. I've also always hated that Lurantis is a grass type instead of a bug. Also, turtles are my favorite animal, so all turtle mons are on that list. My favorite legendary is Genesect. Which makes it so sad that it's near impossible to obtain legitimately. D:

I agree. There's just something magical about the earlier generations. Before we got mons like Vanilluxe. Or legendary mons that are just motorcycles. Not to say there aren't some awesome mons in newer generations. I just feel like they are running out of ideas.

Yeah running the well travelled path with Pokémon RPs isn't really something that interests me too much these days, it's the more out there ideas (Like your medieval setting) that grab me. Not to say a traditional setting couldn't work, I just find it's easier to get mileage out of something with a twist.

Adore the Pyukumuku brawler concept btw, top tier. Unlike you Pyukumuku might be one of my favourite Pokémon, at least conceptually. To the point where I even bred a shiny one. Good ole Jellybean.

Mostly a gen 1 kind of fella then? Certainly some decent designs back there, although personally for me designs hit their stride around gen 2-7 then started to fall of a bit for 8 and even more so for 9. This might be the first gen where I've not really fallen in love with a design. But hey others seem to be head over heels for the new batch so maybe they're just catering to a different pallet this gen.

Although admittedly Vanilluxe was a bit of a slip I might actually say gen 5 is the peak for designs personally! As for my favourite Pokémon, there are a few fighting for that position but I always say Skarmory as it's never left my top 3. The design is awesome, it's my favourite type and it was my signature Pokémon in competitive battling for a while to the point I had friends specifically preparing for it every time we fought lmao. Great fun.

Yeah running the well travelled path with Pokémon RPs isn't really something that interests me too much these days, it's the more out there ideas (Like your medieval setting) that grab me. Not to say a traditional setting couldn't work, I just find it's easier to get mileage out of something with a twist.

Adore the Pyukumuku brawler concept btw, top tier. Unlike you Pyukumuku might be one of my favourite Pokémon, at least conceptually. To the point where I even bred a shiny one. Good ole Jellybean.

Mostly a gen 1 kind of fella then? Certainly some decent designs back there, although personally for me designs hit their stride around gen 2-7 then started to fall of a bit for 8 and even more so for 9. This might be the first gen where I've not really fallen in love with a design. But hey others seem to be head over heels for the new batch so maybe they're just catering to a different pallet this gen.

Although admittedly Vanilluxe was a bit of a slip I might actually say gen 5 is the peak for designs personally! As for my favourite Pokémon, there are a few fighting for that position but I always say Skarmory as it's never left my top 3. The design is awesome, it's my favourite type and it was my signature Pokémon in competitive battling for a while to the point I had friends specifically preparing for it every time we fought lmao. Great fun.
I've never done competitive battling. I preferred picking Pokémon based on looks. Though I have lots of fun watching masters compete with seemingly garbage mons who are tuned to perfection in a very niche strategy.

If you ever do decide on a Pokémon rp, lemme know. I'd be down. Especially since it's possible all my 1x1 partners fell through. XD

Skarmory was a neat concept, but I never cared much for it. XD Though I think it's cool we have such different tastes in mons. It's one of the coolest aspects of the franchise.

I've never done competitive battling. I preferred picking Pokémon based on looks. Though I have lots of fun watching masters compete with seemingly garbage mons who are tuned to perfection in a very niche strategy.

If you ever do decide on a Pokémon rp, lemme know. I'd be down. Especially since it's possible all my 1x1 partners fell through. XD

Skarmory was a neat concept, but I never cared much for it. XD Though I think it's cool we have such different tastes in mons. It's one of the coolest aspects of the franchise.
Valid, the competitive scene is a whole different kettle of fish. But I appreciate those who picks purely on design, it's a huge part of the process myself, but competitive viability does have some sway on things.

Sure thing mate! I'm sure I could come up with something semi-original, although I would have to warn you that I'm a bit of a stickler for certain things in a Pokémon RP. Especially the Pokémon people pick for their teams. Legends are off the table of course. But seeing starters, pseudos and eeveeloutions on every team bores me to tears. The eevees are the least heinous but they're super common picks. It just kinda bothers me, like go on branch out! Use a wormadam! I wouldn't stop people from picking these things, but would definitely discourage it for the sake of diversity.

It's one of the beauties of the franchise. There's a critter for everyone! I find myself leaning towards herptiles and object-mons a lot of the time. But for others it's all about the fluffy fellas. Honestly the random weirdo Mons that people latch on to is one of my favourite things about the series. I know a dude who's obsessed with Masquerain for some reason. It's great.

If I may, I have always adored the luxray line, Rayquaza, empoleon, talonflame, the Unovan legendaries, Solgaleo, lycanroc, Zeraora, and Galarian Moltres. I've also an insane spot for dark-types.

If anyone's ever interested in a darker pokémon roleplay, do let me know. I'd love to explore some of the more concerning dex entries. (Paldea, in my mind, is one of the most terrifying places for a kid to live.)

If I may, I have always adored the luxray line, Rayquaza, empoleon, talonflame, the Unovan legendaries, Solgaleo, lycanroc, Zeraora, and Galarian Moltres. I've also an insane spot for dark-types.

If anyone's ever interested in a darker pokémon roleplay, do let me know. I'd love to explore some of the more concerning dex entries. (Paldea, in my mind, is one of the most terrifying places for a kid to live.)

Some fine beasties in that selection mate! You edgy bastard you 😆

Those are certainly some sterling designs, and dark types are often intrinsically cool just because they get the edgy evil treatment. Personally I've got a soft spot for the dark types that are less shadow the hedgehog and more absolute goblin mode. Like Sableye, what a lil fucker.

But yeah definitely! Might have to get a brainstorming group together lads : D

Those are certainly some sterling designs, and dark types are often intrinsically cool just because they get the edgy evil treatment. Personally I've got a soft spot for the dark types that are less shadow the hedgehog and more absolute goblin mode. Like Sableye, what a lil fucker.

I would be interested if we wanted to try getting one together, but since I know I can't really lead I would leave that up to you or the others >.<

I know I tend to be closer to the camp that isn't the biggest fan of gen 1 and that's probably the only one I don't have any I particularly love, but in pretty much all the others up to and including the newest I find ones that I find really fun or cute or pretty or entertaining and love ^^; And I know I can't decide specifics, but I'm pretty sure a while ago I did some online sorting things to create a list of favorites, so maybe I need to find where I saved that picture. I did that specifically so I would be able to tell people if they asked, I think >-<

Valid, the competitive scene is a whole different kettle of fish. But I appreciate those who picks purely on design, it's a huge part of the process myself, but competitive viability does have some sway on things.

Sure thing mate! I'm sure I could come up with something semi-original, although I would have to warn you that I'm a bit of a stickler for certain things in a Pokémon RP. Especially the Pokémon people pick for their teams. Legends are off the table of course. But seeing starters, pseudos and eeveeloutions on every team bores me to tears. The eevees are the least heinous but they're super common picks. It just kinda bothers me, like go on branch out! Use a wormadam! I wouldn't stop people from picking these things, but would definitely discourage it for the sake of diversity.

It's one of the beauties of the franchise. There's a critter for everyone! I find myself leaning towards herptiles and object-mons a lot of the time. But for others it's all about the fluffy fellas. Honestly the random weirdo Mons that people latch on to is one of my favourite things about the series. I know a dude who's obsessed with Masquerain for some reason. It's great.
I used to be interest in competitive play more, at least in theory, since my aforementioned propensity to avoid PvP meant I didn't really play it much. But it's a really neat alternative lens that's still cooler to explore to find some.new respect for Pokemon you might not otherwise like as much.

Yeah, if we did a RP I would want to mostly pick partners for potential personality rather than how much I like them. Though of course I'd try to balance the two, but the whole appeal of RP is exploring personality and expression, and so leaning into that seems natural >-< For whatever reason the one that specifically comes to mind is Minior. A friend that's a cute floating spinning rock orb but also a crazy-eyed candy comet sounds like so much fun to write >-<

I had one rp where my character was an assassin. They used mons, including a Sableye. But others as well, like the Honedge line, as an actual sword, as well as Flapple, since it can disguise itself as an ordinary apple.

No worries about starters and such. Ive never once used a starter or Eeveelution. I like a few of them, but mostly dont care for Eevee and its line. Also, I agree. Legendaries should generally always be off the line. With some mons being adjusted from the potential disasters their dex entries suggest them to be.

A nice array of choices.

Woohoo! I'm excited to see what idea/s you/we come up with! <3

I used to be interest in competitive play more, at least in theory, since my aforementioned propensity to avoid PvP meant I didn't really play it much. But it's a really neat alternative lens that's still cooler to explore to find some.new respect for Pokemon you might not otherwise like as much.

Yeah, if we did a RP I would want to mostly pick partners for potential personality rather than how much I like them. Though of course I'd try to balance the two, but the whole appeal of RP is exploring personality and expression, and so leaning into that seems natural >-< For whatever reason the one that specifically comes to mind is Minior. A friend that's a cute floating spinning rock orb but also a crazy-eyed candy comet sounds like so much fun to write >-<
I'm the same. I won't be necessarily picking my favorites to use in a game if we do an rp. I'll pick what I think fits best with the character, even if I don't particularly care for the Pokémon.

So... I did a thing...

All this Pokémon talk got me in the mood. So I ended up buying Violet. I wanted to like the idea of a running mount, but can't get over how awful it looks with the non-functional wheels hanging below it. So I went with the futuristic version. Even though orange is the best color and one of the main colors for Scarlet...

Gunna hopefully have some time tomorrow to play for a couple hours.

So... I did a thing...

All this Pokémon talk got me in the mood. So I ended up buying Violet. I wanted to like the idea of a running mount, but can't get over how awful it looks with the non-functional wheels hanging below it. So I went with the futuristic version. Even though orange is the best color and one of the main colors for Scarlet...

Gunna hopefully have some time tomorrow to play for a couple hours.
I hope you have fun ^^ It's definitely a mess but I still enjoyed playing through, completing the Pokedex and shiny hunting for a little >-<

I hope you have fun ^^ It's definitely a mess but I still enjoyed playing through, completing the Pokedex and shiny hunting for a little >-<
Oh, no. I will NOT be completing the Pokédex. There's only ever been one game I've done that in. Let's Go Pikachu. I obtained all 151, and that will forever be my greatest accomplishment.

I'm just going to run around and have fun. Also, Let's Go Pikachu is the only game I've ever shiny hunted in. And, I believe, to this day, the only game I've ever even seen shinys in, despite playing every generation of game, sometimes multiple times.

Just wanted to make sure we don't forget about this rp. Also, I'm curious, what do incarnates call themselves? Do they call themselves incarnates? Would our champions call themselves champions?

Champions will refer to themselves as both Incarnates and Champions. A Champion is just a type of Incarnate.

They only have sentience once they appear and it's not like they're out there forming societies so they go with whatever the little brainy monkeys call them.

Gnomar Gnomar No, my brain's been constantly hurting this week. From what I see you all are shaping up to be a good group and I don't want this story to stall out to death, so I'll be dropping out before this waiting drags on any longer. I'm sorry for not doing this earlier and I wish you all luck.

Gnomar Gnomar No, my brain's been constantly hurting this week. From what I see you all are shaping up to be a good group and I don't want this story to stall out to death, so I'll be dropping out before this waiting drags on any longer. I'm sorry for not doing this earlier and I wish you all luck.
Thank you for letting us know. And ditto, wish you luck in your endeavors.

I'm be really sorry to see you go, but if your mind is made up then I'll just wish you luck in all your future endeavors, and I'll hope that your brain starts feeling better soon. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back