• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

I'm thinking on starting a new Pathfinder adventure

Isacoolbow said:
It is, I used a cleric starting it last time and my dm has the same rule as mine.
Ah yes, cleric...

is anybody going cleric? If not i can bite the bullet myself.

The PrC Mystic Theurge is Core... The Base Class Theurge isn't. It's like mystic theurge, but I get to forgo a lot of the wizard and divinecasting base class flavor for starting on the dual natured path from the get go. And unfortunately, if I'm not mistaken Pathfinder has some strong prejudice against PrCs and Multiclassing.

vinom said:
The PrC Mystic Theurge is Core... The Base Class Theurge isn't. It's like mystic theurge, but I get to forgo a lot of the wizard and divinecasting base class flavor for starting on the dual natured path from the get go. And unfortunately, if I'm not mistaken Pathfinder has some strong prejudice against PrCs and Multiclassing.
don't forget that if you so mcuh as mention third party people hiss like a vampire sprayed with holy water.

forgot, sorry, abit late... well it's 11 and I've been awake since 4 am

Orikanyo said:
don't forget that if you so mcuh as mention third party people hiss like a vampire sprayed with holy water.
I tend to judge things by their merit, not their origins.

vinom said:
I tend to judge things by their merit, not their origins.
sadly, others don't.

Honestly, i say whatever goes, but i ain't Dming.

Wow... this thread got really big really fast... my first idea was to play a druid - is that one taken yet? Could also go for more of a meleee class if that's needed...

Not certain, vinom is on the fence if I remember.

I think we need more combatants. Right now, until we hear what @Dicer wants to run, I'm the only fighter class with my paladin.

Psychie said:
We also could use a rogue class; those locks won't pick themselves.
True, unless you animated the lock... or animate lock picks, why aren't those a magic item?

I prefer using a wand of rust or iaijutsu then pick lock... or is it folded into disable device in Pathfinder?

vinom said:
I prefer using a wand of rust or iaijutsu then pick lock... or is it folded into disable device in Pathfinder?
Disable device.

Hmm... that's a magic item to keep in the books should I gm in the future, animated lockpicks to help them acess locked chests.

I feel like I'm ending up with a rogue-like character quite often, so I'd prefer to try something slightly different. Maybe a monk or a ranger?

Would a ranger with focus on two weapons sound reasonable?

Sounds good to me. We just need a forum made up so I can post my sheet.

I'll certainly need some help for that, but I'm reading through the character creation right now.

Well Here I am, and Yes I'll want to play my Dwarf Fighter. I'll roll my dice for stats and attach to this post.

[dice]22372[/dice]

[dice]22373[/dice]

[dice]22374[/dice]

[dice]22375[/dice]

[dice]22376[/dice]

[dice]22377[/dice]

Hmm with those stats, I'll need to refigure my feat tree. Doesn't qualify for the Two-Weapon Fighting feat I'd want. Still I'll think of something. A few more questions, Do we roll for starting money, go with max, or go with average (I'm going with the average until I read otherwise)? Are we using the fast, medium, or slow xp track? Can we craft our own items before game start (if we take the appropriate skills of course) or are we limited to buying everything at book prices?

Last edited by a moderator:
17, 16, 13, 12, 9, 9

[dice]22378[/dice]

Ya, this could make a decent Human or Half-Orc Theurge

It sounds like we will have a pretty well rounded party. Wizard, druid, cleric, ranger, fighter and paladin. Only thing we are lacking is a rogue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back