• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hunter's Moon: The Sin & Sentence [IC] [CLOSED]

"Wh-what am I going to tell them!?"

"You tell them what you have to." said Undite, her head turning to look straight at Ratka. "But there will be someone that will replace me. Or maybe two or three that replace me. The number of gods that step forth is always changing. But I will not be dying any time soon." Undite gave her a nod. "I still have plenty of power, and Velin has even more than I. We will be around quite a long time, sister. Long enough to make sure you will be taken care of along with these children till my replacements step forth. And they will help you as I have."

"I still have plenty of power, and Velin has even more than I. We will be around quite a long time, sister. Long enough to make sure you will be taken care of along with these children till my replacements step forth. And they will help you as I have."
Ratka grabs Undite by her shoulders, looking her dead in the eyes. "I'm g-going to miss you..." shes stammers out. "You've inspired me so much... You've done s-so much for me, f-for everyone... I wouldn't have ever become a nun if it weren't for you... I would've become like my father..." Strength is fading away in her legs. She has to sit down. She buries her hand in her head as she does.

More Warders appear and make their way back towards the stronghold. This time however, something's different. They're not all massed together as they were when they left. Instead they're doing something way unexpected for a band of marauding pillagers. They're getting into a proper formation. They're standing up straight at attention and spacing each other at arms length. No one's twitching, no one's moving, and oddly enough, no one's talking either. The only people that are, are two other Warders carrying something with them, bringing it towards the front. At first glance, it looks like a bundle of bloodied rags. It quickly becomes apparent that this is actually a person, covered in cuts, blood, and dirt. He's brought towards the gate, kicking and screaming as the Warders simply keep their eyes open and forward.

Rosanna reached out and shook Kilo's hand. "Rosanna McFadden." she replied, with a smile. "And yeah, I was part of the inquiry in Grimtham. Well...I was till I died." She glanced to Theodore. "Long story."

Kilo is intrigued "Ah.. I see, You're a Dullahan... Facinating, Never met one in person, so you're my first..." Kilo clears his throat, he then straightens up and continues his conversation

"Regarding about Wesley, me and him go waaayyy back in the days, days where we're only school boys in the university. Wesley sent me a letter one day, detailing of a ghoul that had attacked him during the night. luckily, he had a gun with him and shot it dead. He told me how he wanted to become a hunter to protect people so no one can be in the same situation as him. I admired his heroic actions buuuutttt.. It was still moronic for me to say yes to his question. And now we're here... Perhaps, you can help me find him?"

Last edited:
Undite smiled, looking down at Ratka as she sat down. "I'm not going anywhere anytime soon, sister. Which means I'll be able to do much more for you and everyone else." she said softly. After a pause, she spoke again. "You're a wonderful person, Ratka. One of the best in the Church's service. And I'm glad to have met you, and glad to have been able to help you become what you are now. I wish there were more like you...both inside the Church and outside."

Velin continued to get the children's attention, showing them some of the things she could do with her powers. She showed off the electrical charge that often surged off her body when she was angry, and even showed that she could control the electricity at will. She formed a little ball of electrical charge, letting it float in her hand. It was harmless, really, as she wasn't using it in an offensive manner. She even allowed some of the children to run their hands around it, making their hair stand on end as the thin bolts of electricity touched their hands.

---
Rosanna chuckled as Kilo spoke of having not met a Dullahan before. "Be glad I'm the first, and hope I'm the last." she said, with a smile. Then, Kilo spoke of Wesley and asked where he was so that he could find him. Jessica answered that for him, stating that he had gone with Jakob.

Theodore was about a glass in. The problem caused by Ludwig was enough to make him consider solutions carefully, but they added stress, stress he needed to get rid off. He didn't notice the young man talking to Rose at first, but the talks about Wesley. That's a name he hadn't heard in a while. Drive a girl to kill? No that didn't sound like him. Not even in his vampire state. Was it the hunger?

"Yes, with Jacob. Don't advice chasing after them. They're both on a mission far away from here."

Kilo chuckles a bit from Rosanna's comment before turning his attention towards Theodore and Jessica, "He went with Jakob?.. You meant the owner of this establishment? Now, Why would he do such a thing like that?"

"He went with Jakob?...You mean the owner of this establishment? Now, why would he do such a thing like that?"

Rosanna smirked. "...Friends help friends out. A sort of comradery manifested back in Grimtham. At least for some of us." Jessica spoke up afterwards, once again. "He lived here with us for a while too, so Jakob could keep an eye on 'em."

"I'm not going anywhere anytime soon, sister. Which means I'll be able to do much more for you and everyone else." she said softly. After a pause, she spoke again. "You're a wonderful person, Ratka. One of the best in the Church's service. And I'm glad to have met you, and glad to have been able to help you become what you are now. I wish there were more like you...both inside the Church and outside."
"It's not just that, Undite..." she snivels, and puts her veil back on so the children won't see her cry in case she does. "I-I just thought that... that you're a goddess! You would never die, y-you'd stay with us! Now you t-tell me you will d-die and be r-re-replaced-"

Ratka's slow-burning crisis of faith is brutally interrupted by having every one of her senses irritated at once. She maintains her composure as best as she can, while the children can't help but look and feel very bothered by the very same thing; this mysterious aura disturbing them greatly as it floats around in the air. It's coming from someone or something outside, seemingly from the Warder stronghold's main gate. They open again, filling the air with a loud metallic groan as they separate from one another. Those standing just outside brace themselves at attention as the source of the mysterious disruption finally shows itself to the world; its shadow casting itself over rows upon rows of its men as the doors open wide. The aura only intensified further. There is no possible way that this is a human facing them, and not even the mightiest of cambion have an aura like this. Its size dominates over everyone else's in the area as it rises above them. With how massive and physically imposing it is, one could mistake it for an orc. Yet its exposed skin around its arms and neck shining in the sun says otherwise. Time itself seemingly slows down as the beast from the girl's drawing moves forward out into the open, every step it makes sounding like the earth's own beating heart.

Wearing a grey cape spattered with ashes and dirt and his body covered in bullets, the Warhead is greeted by the thunderous noise of hundreds of boot heels clicking together.

Rosanna smirked. "...Friends help friends out. A sort of comradery manifested back in Grimtham. At least for some of us." Jessica spoke up afterwards, once again. "He lived here with us for a while too, so Jakob could keep an eye on 'em."

"Ah I see.. Indeed, Hard times do bring us together... Hmm, Well, I'm stumped." Kilo dug through his bag and pulled out an issue from the Braumwich Times and gave it to Rosanna, The title is labeled "HORROR! The Red-Eyed Devil In Reldino!"

Kilo pointed at the newspaper "What brought me to this journey was when a few collegues of mine published this paper where a family home burnt down in Reldino and a body of young woman was found near it, With a bitemark that doesn't seem Human at all.. Did Wesley do it out of being deprived with blood to drink?"

Undite and Velin's attention were both drawn to the source of the powerful aura. Undite's expression turned to one of utter shock, while Velin stood up, her one eye wide as she looked to the window. "Dominique, is that what I think it is?" she asked, without looking to her friend. Undite nodded slowly. "That's...That's a Gibborim! I-I've only ever seen one before...a long time ago. But I read that she perished in battle during beginning of the Age of Darkness..."

Velin looked to Ratka. "There's a Gibborim here?!" she asked, a bit of surprise in her voice. Of all places. HERE. In Caraborough! Gibborim were the children of an angel and demon. They were a rarity, given relations between angels and demons, but one appeared now and then in history.

"There's a Gibborim here?!"
Ratka wipes her eyes before she responds. "H-Huh? I don't know what a gibborim is!... A-Are you talking about the Warhead? He's- he's just a cambion like me!"

He very, very much isn't. He appears to be speaking to his men. Everything he says is responded by a shouting response until he asks them something. No response this time but the man the Warders were dragging earlier is brought before him, trembling and afraid of what they're going to do. The Warhead grabs him fiercely by his neck and lifts him high into the air. He's clearly enraged at this man, screaming things at him loud enough that those in the church could almost make out what he's saying.

"... An' jou kill MY fokken men, an' den jou tell me t' FOKKOFF AN' T' MYND MY OWN FOKKEN BUISNESS!?"

Apparently the man killed several Warders as a gang initiation, something damn near everyone else in Caraborough is smart enough not to do, otherwise they'll end up just like the rest of his gang... if they're lucky. Ratka's seen their retaliation firsthand many times before, and this day wasn't any different. Like a ragdoll, the Warhead throws the bleeding man down onto the dirt and plants his foot on his chest before looking at his men, asking them something that made them all speak up.

"AN' JUS WHAT WILL I DO WIT TH'S ONE!?"

They all start shouting suggestions on what they think should be done to the man, but one voice is louder than all the others. They die out as they turn to see who's talking. It's the one that had the paisely-pattern cape. "De band! De band! Sentans 'im to de fokken band!" he shouts while trying to hoist himself upward on a taller comrade.

Warhead responds in the affirmative. "DE BAND!" He drags the bleeding man off to the center of the formation as his men start to get into a circle surrounding the both of them. Each of them puts one arm around the neck of the one next to him, and they start stomping their feet in rhythm. The last that's seen of the bleeding man before disappearing into the circle is Warhead wrestling him to the ground as he pulls out something sharp looking from his pocket.

Both Undite and Velin shook their heads rapidly, before Undite spoke up. "A Gibborim is the offspring of an angel and demon. A hybrid of the two. They're...extremely rare." she said. She looked to Ratka, before continuing. "The strongest gibborim I know of went toe to toe with an Icon of the Abyss, and won. That was back in the Ancient era, before I became a goddess. The last gibborim, a woman by the name of Arael, died attempting to kill Azgon, the Icon of Wrath, in one-on-one combat in the early years of the Age of Darkness."

Velin glanced back to Ratka. "A gibborim is far more powerful than a cambion or a nephilim. I'm surprised nobody has noticed him sooner. Is he able to hide his aura?" she said aloud, seemingly talking to anyone that was listening. "It appears so...remarkable." said Undite, surprised.

---
Rosanna shrugs. "It's possible. Its hard to control the urges, from what I've heard, when you're a new vampire. But I don't see Wesley doing something like that unless he had no other option. The one that turned him, however...that bitch would kill a mansion full of people for kicks."

"A Gibborim is the offspring of an angel and demon. A hybrid of the two. They're...extremely rare."
"Dear gods..." Ratka's eyes widen at this. She'd always thought that being a cambion like herself was the worst, what with the certain implications it brings that everyone knew, but a hybrid like this 'gibborim'? She didn't want to think too much about how that happened.
"I'm surprised nobody has noticed him sooner. Is he able to hide his aura?"
She looks back at the children whom are still bothered before looking at Velin again. "...Does it look like he can? I do not think he even knows what he is!" The stomping outside continues, Ratka herself taking a small peek. "Though, I suppose this explains why nearly all of his men are cambion..."

Rosanna shrugs. "It's possible. Its hard to control the urges, from what I've heard, when you're a new vampire. But I don't see Wesley doing something like that unless he had no other option. The one that turned him, however...that bitch would kill a mansion full of people for kicks."

Kilo ponders as his chin rests on his hand he then gets a pen and writes some thing down on his journal. "Hmmm... Interesting, I've never really knew who turned him into a vampire.. Can you tell me more about this... excuse my Escarian, "Bitch" that turned him?"

"...Can you tell me more about this... excuse my Escarian, "Bitch" that turned him?"

"Senior Inquisitor Cassandra Bainbridge. Only she wasn't an Inquisitor at all...she used to be one. Pureblood vamp that went psycho and started killing inquisitors and church members. She was working for the Duke of Grimtham. He was a pureblood as well, and was plannin' to change the power structure of Adonia so that vamps were the top dogs." explained Rosanna. She glanced to Theodore. "...She was a real piece of work...and I feel bad for her honestly, with how she was and the way she died."

---
Velin finally glanced back to Ratka. "I'll ask my angels to keep an eye on this place. A gibborim is pretty big news. Meanwhile, we've got peace to bring about." she said, looking to Undite. Undite nodded, before turning to Ratka. "I have to go, Ratka...but I will return with gifts. Food, medicine...and I'll try and talk to Warhead, if you can get him to meet with us."

Last edited:
"She was a...tragic figure." Theodore tried to add "I have her diary in my possession. Tortured until she broke. She turned to vampirism for an escape. It worked, but she gave in to the hunger willingly. Her love was rejected and that further broke her. She blamed the church and started hunting the hunters. From there the duke found her and she was passed around like a toy between him and the demon Sazak. Of course she didn't see it as that at the time. Remember the Romanov blood, Rose? That cursed substance? Like a drug to a vampire." after pausing for another drink he continued "She's dead now. Valin personally made sure to that. Tore her apart with as much cruelty as she delighted and dragged the remains down to the Abyss."

"Worst part is, near the end you can see the sanity try to break through. She might have been more sane than we think during her final moments."

One last shout of exclamation comes from outside as the Warhead shows himself again as he stands up tall, holding some spike looking object up into the air. His men rejoice at 'justice' being carried out against the man that murdered some of their own. The circle breaks formation and starts to return inside while a few pick up what's left of the man and toss him over the mountain and onto the road. The Warhead remains outside however, and looks like he's performing a headcount of his men.
"I have to go, Ratka...but I will return with gifts. Food, medicine...and I'll try and talk to Warhead, if you can get him to meet with us."
"T-Thank you, my Lady... I'll try talking to him... B-But please come back soon... What you told me about dying, it worries me immensely with what it might mean about all you gods..."

The last of the Warder mob passes through the gates, but the Warhead remains outside in the open. He stares out into the colony for a moment before turning his head to look directly at the church windows. Something is different, and he can feel it.

Ratka gasps and quickly stands up and grabs both Velin and Undite by the arm, shaking them with urgency. "Y-You need to leave! Now!" she pleads as he slowly begins creeping towards the church.

"Don't worry, we'll be out of here in a flash." said Velin, before looking to the children. "Be good, little ones. When I return, I'll bring you some toys!" she said, with a smile. Undite, meanwhile, focused on Ratka. "Please be safe, sister." she said, giving the nun a hug before turning back to Velin. Once more, a portal appeared, spawned by a snap of Velin's fingers. And within moments, Velin and Undite stepped through. Surprisingly, it wasn't into the Grand Cathedral, back in Eternis.

Instead, it was right in the middle of a street in Red Gorge.

They’re gone. They’ve disappeared into the portal and left just as quickly as they came, leaving a very worried and irritated Ratka and several children now looking at her. “Mommy...” one of them starts. “... is your friend going to die?” he asks. There’s not a single way she knows she can answer that question without revealing the awful truth. ”Children... G-go to your b-beds... I need to be alone...” she says to them. The children look at one another, unsure of what to do as they slowly retreat to their rooms above. Now alone, she has a little more room herself to dwell more on what Undite has told her.

The gods can die. They can, and they will. And Undite is dying, slowly but surely.

Undite’s played such a role in her life helping her become the woman she is today that the very thought of her dying makes her feel horribly sick. The more she thinks about it, the more she feels like she’s got something painful lodged in the back of her throat, like if the thought itself is physically hurting her. What will she do then when Undite passes? Who will she follow? Who will inspire her? Who will she pray to and worship then? The “replacements” she spoke of? Why in the world do gods need replacements, and how!? Who gave them the ability to die in the first place, and why!? Are they not gods?! And what if those that replace Undite are just as monstrous and spiteful as Velin? What then will she do? She looks over that statue of Undite in the back with nothing but blasphemous thoughts overtaking her mind and body like an infectious rot. A hand is raised, ready to strike its face with all the strength she has... only to find she can't bring herself to go through with it. She can't hit it. She can't hit what'll probably be the only reminder left of Undite in the future; she can't bring herself to hit her friend. So instead she wraps herself around the statue's open arms and lets her tears run down its cold shoulder, not noticing that staring at her just a few feet away was the Warhead. A scream nearly leaves her mouth as she jumps backward, nearly toppling the statue over, though it's halted by his massive gloved hand grabbing her arm.

Slowly she raises her head to face his, looking right into the eye-slits of his helmet. "P-Please... Not now..." she says, though she can tell just by the way he's holding her, he's not here to hurt her. He wipes her tears away and gives her a quick swing of his head off to the side, signaling to her he wants to take her somewhere outside. Not bothering to wait for an answer from her, he pulls Ratka off the statue and drags her towards a garden she and her children planted just outside in the back of the church. The plants and flowers there are still growing and standing in spite of their filthy environment, amazingly enough, though it looks like they're beginning to wither away. Scattered about the garden are a few benches here and there with one facing the slums below, giving anyone who sits on it front row seats to the depravity of Caraborough. Naturally, this is the one Warhead takes her to sit at. From his shirt, he pulls out a carton of cigarettes and a lighter, offering both to her. She takes them and starts smoking. He also takes off his helmet, revealing his stone-like face as he starts smoking with her. Hours pass as she sits there silently watching the sun slowly set over the horizon. Finally, Warhead breaks the silence with a question.

"So... Who ar' dem? An' don' lie t' me." His deep metallic voice sounding quite inquisitive.

"Nobody... There was no one." The events that happened earlier made her feel empty and her tone reflects that.

"Oh, bot dere was. A' saw dem in dere wit jou. An jou know 'ow I feel about poeses I don' know bein' on dis mountain." He points over her head towards the stronghold. "Specially wen dey're so klose to de headquarters."

"It was nobody... Really."

"Ar' jou hidin' someting from me, Ratty? Someone?"

Ratka sighs heavily. "Kregore..."

"...Je?"

"Have you ever met someone... A friend who inspires you so much, to do the things you do, to be the best you can be... and then they die... and then someone you don't know claims they're your friend now, and that you should feel about them the same way?"

Truth be told, this actually surprised him a bit. This question sounded way too specific and the only friend he knows she has is Undite; this supposed goddess of love and healing she frequently tries pressing onto him, no matter how he refused every single time. "Na'. Ah can't sey I 'ave... Only close friend a' got is Rigo. An' 'es still living. Can't think a' anybody who can replace 'im anyway." He turns his head to look at her, finding her slumped on his arm. "Someting 'appen?"

"No... Nothing. It's nothing... I was just curious."

It's something alright, and he suspects that this place has finally gotten to her, just like it did to him long ago. Sensing an opportunity coming, he pulls something out of his pocket. It's a blue rag with golden designs sown onto them in a paisley-pattern. It's a little dirty but otherwise relatively clean. Though for the Warders, it's more than just a blue rag; it's a status symbol. It's something only awarded to their lieutenants if they ever fall in favor with the Warhead.

"Heer. A' wan' jou t' 'ave dis." he says, holding it in front of her. "Take et."

She knows exactly what he's trying to do. For as many times as she's tried bringing him to Undite to help get his life together, he's pushed back by offering her a spot among the Warders. He wants her to join him, but being a part of a gang is among the last things she'll ever want to be. "I-I can't..."

"Oi, Ratty. Jou know jus' wat a' make my men do jus' for one a' these? Well a' wont be makin' jou do shit. Am givin' it to jou for free." Ratka only stares back at him with empty eyes. Kregore sighs and shakes his head. "See, a' can get jou connected t' all sorts a' markets all aroun' Adonia. From Nivarden, to Atraca, to Eshax, even all d' way sout' to fokken Harradi. Jou need food, ey? Jou need water too, right? Clothes, maybe? Maybe a few 'xtra 'ands in de church to 'andle de lil' fokkers-" Ratka's expression changes to one of anger. She's spent years trying raise those orphans the right way. Way too long for him to deride them like that. Kregore simply lets out a sneering grunt. "Knew da' would get jour attention. So 'ow about it?"

"I-I don't know about this... I don't know..."

"Look." He puts his arm around her neck and brings her a little closer to his face. "A' know 'ow much those lil' okes matter to jou. An' a' want to 'elp jou. More than I am already. I can give jou so much more, more than whatever fokken loser is givin'... but only if jou give me a reason to. I drown jou in all de bread an' water my men need, an' dey'll start lookin' at me funny. An' den dey'll kill me. Maybe... if jou don' convert dem t' Undite first, jou followin' me?... So 'elp me, 'elp you."

Undite said she'd be bringing supplies, but who will be bringing them after she's gone? Will the one to replace her even care about Caraborough enough to come here and help the orphans on its streets? Or will the stench of this place keep them away permanently? At least that's one thing she can count on: nobody is going to try cleaning up the mess the Atracans made of this place. She decides to look out on the horizon as she tries finding a way out of this proposition Kregore's peddling. Smog is bellowing from smokestacks, fires are burning in the distance, trash piling so high that they block out the view of the sea. However, the one thing hat always stands out whenever she looked at the colony is the building the ruling Staafmanns plot and scheme in: the former prison complex itself. It certainly stood out from everything else in the colony; a massive concrete slab of a structure rising tall above the shantytowns surrounding it. Fitting that the source of all the madness here looks so oppressive and lifeless.

There's two features about it that make it truly stand out however. Firstly, it had no windows whatsoever, only slits into the concrete to let any sort of light come through. Secondly, one one side, a gigantic mural was painted on it. It was a mural of the Atracan flag waving proudly, and superimposed upon it was a family, embracing one another with large smiles on their faces. A father, a mother, and a son all happily smiling to one another while the words OUR NATION, OUR FUTURE, hangs above them. Anyone who might’ve visited (or been incarcerated in) an Atracan prison would have seen it; this was a motivational mural to remind the inmates to work diligently and to serve their sentence with pride so that one day they might be able to be allowed to rejoin the outside world as a functioning member of society. However, the inmates here saw it differently, and have shown what they really think of it using copious amounts of graffiti and paint. The image of the father had his smile altered to an unnatural degree while his eyes were blacked out completely, the image of the mother was covered in some sort of scribbles resembling phallic imagery, and the image of the son was cracked and had gang attire painted over his clothes. Even the message hanging above was altered. Now it reads as something entirely different instead of a motivational motto.

Caraborough’s epitaph read:

NO OUR NATION.
NO OUR FUTURE.

No nation, no future indeed. No future at all but what the people living here make it. Slowly and cautiously, she snatches the rag from Kregore's hand and ties it around her neck like a bandana. A smile forms on his face, growing gleefully bigger as his eyes got wider in amazement of what she just did.

"Oh, poppy..." he says, moving in to give her a big hug. "Jou got no idea jus' 'ow much jour life got saved! Listen now... No fokk's gonna look at jou funny, no fokken poes 's gonna try t' rob or kill jou, an' no fokk's gonna kross jou, cause jour now one of mine! Jus' know a' won' make jou do nuff, jeah?" He stands up from the bench, spreading his arms out as if to embrace the spirit of Caraborough itself coming up from below. "Ah! T' tink it took this long! Jou by my side, finally! Na' room for no one else 'ere in this fokken place! No poeses, no bangbroeks, an' no fokken gods! Jus jou and me at de top 'ere! It's gonna be great, a' promise!"

And yet to Ratka, it felt like anything but great. The second thoughts start rushing in right away before she can listen any further to Kregore's little celebration. Just how much of this is she going to regret later? And what if Undite and Velin return as promised? What's she going to say when Undite finds her again wearing Warder gear? Most importantly, how much will the children be affected? Will he actually make good on his promise? Now she feels like she made a big mistake, but she doesn't have the heart to tell him she's not up to it anymore. Just how much of a mistake it was will be revealed in time, that's something she's sure of.

Maybe soon, maybe later, but time will tell...

Last edited:
Red Gorge

Things in Red Gorge continued as normal, with the agency continuing their celebration. But some of the townsfolk noticed the strange people coming and going from place to place all over Red Gorge. Some felt like the town had become part of something bigger thanks to Velin. Some of elders of the nearby tribe said that it might be a curse brought upon the land by the Duke's attempt to upset the balance of the world. Nobody knew what was going on anymore, all they could do is just continue living their lives. But that is quickly cut short as the people walking the street between the main street notice two figures coming out of a portal on the middle of the street.

At first everyone seems confused, a nearby constable approaches the pair and realized one of them is Undite. At first he was relieved until he saw the other figure and its menacing presence. He looked confused before realizing who it was. He quickly turned around with a face of utter terror, before falling on his face and crawling away. Using his whistle to alert the constabulary. "VELIN! VELIN IS HERE! SHE IS HERE!" No matter what words Undite or Velin could muster at that time, soon enough the town mobilized again. Civilians went back to their houses only to come out holding rifles and revolvers. Soon enough, the constables formed a circle around the two goddesses while nervously aiming their guns at them.

Hearing all the commotion outside, Jessica looked at the others and peaked through the door. She muttered a swear and drew her revolver. "Volog, stay with Lucy -- that fucking bitch is back!" Soon Jessica burst out of the agency, and moved through the crowd to aim her gun at the goddess. Everyone was quiet, ready to fire at the Goddess if she tried to hurt anyone. An old mustachioed constable eventually broke the silence, pumping his shotgun as if ready to fire at Velin. "Why are you here?! You didn't hear us the first time? We don't want you here! Take your hate somewhere else!" The town shouted in agreement.

Last edited:
Velin sighed, as she folded her arms before pressing one of her palms to her face as they shouted. "I can go...anywhere I please. I can make portals, and step right into the throne room of the Atracan King if I wish." she responded. "I'm not here to fight any of you. If I was, I'd be wearing my armor, and carrying a sword. And I would have killed a third of you by now." She lowered her hand, returning to her folded arms stance. "And if you pull any of those triggers, I will consider it an attack against me. And I will defend myself justly."

Undite rapidly shook her head, looking at everyone. "Please, lower your weapons. Velin isn't here to fight, I promise you all that. She's here to speak to you all about an upcoming event. There's no need for violence and bloodshed."

Rosanna, whom had walked out and was standing at the back of the group with her thumbs tucked into her belt as she listened, spoke loudly afterwards. "I think we should listen to what she has to say. No harm in a few words bein' spoke, ya know." she said, giving a shrug to whomever looked back at her. "She is right. If she wanted to kill y'all, she would've probably done it already."

A woman next to Rosanne looked at her with utter contempt. "Excuse me?! I dunno who you are, missy, but when this woman came here ready to lay fire and brimstone to this place, there were kids and elders all around us. And she was ready to charge!" A man wearing a hood and with bright red vampiric eyes hissed at the sight of Velin. "Talk?! Why didn't she talk to my brothers and sisters in Escaria?! Huh? Dead! Because of her, we fed on sheep! Not on humans!" A group of dwarves soon raised their voice, pickaxes and shotguns ready. "We had to move all around because her people did not accept us in Eternis! We used to follow the Gods of Judgment, now we don't anymore!" The townsfolk continued to raise their voices, revealing all their plights at the hands of Velin.

A priest of Gyasis, who was also armed, soon raised his voice louder than the rest. "This town has been a home to the outsiders and the unwanted since the creation all colonial towns. We seeked shelter that only the natives gave us back then, and when the Kingdom wanted us again we came back under our own government. But we still tried to be a home for the afflicted, the cursed, and the pariahs! When her people were here years before the war, they burnt innocent people alive. And all we could do was watch in horror, and you want us to talk? After all the pain that you caused us?!" The towns folk soon became quiet again, but their fears was replaced with determination. They were ready to fire at the goddess, until the loud sound of metal hitting the ground alarmed everyone. From the Graveyard, the grave digger sat on a bench, his shovel on the ground next to him. He looked at the townsfolk with a friendly smile. "...If you won't listen to Velin, then listen to Undite." The townsfolk looked back at the deities, awaiting an answer.

Undite looked to the grave digger, giving him a brief smile. She then turned back to the crowd. "Do you all want an end to the senseless violence and bloodshed? The madness and slaughter? Velin is seeking to do just that. End it all. But you must listen to what she has to say. It is of great importance, and will begin the path to peace here in Adonia." she said, looking around at the crowd as she spoke. Then, everyone's attention turned to Velin, as Undite looked back to her.

Velin lowered her arms to her sides, looking around at the large crowd. "...I am a monster. I've been one for quite a long time now. I've caused all of this. The purges, the zealots roaming the countryside, everything. I'm even responsible for the terrorist attacks, as I've forced the hand of a hidden nation of supernaturals." she said, the tone in her voice much softer than it had been previously. "I'm...sorry for what I've done. Nothing I can do will ever make up for what I've done and allowed to happen. Nothing. I know I will never gain your trust. Or your forgiveness. I will be seen as an unholy wretch for the rest of my days. But I want to try and mend things, for the betterment of both humanity as well as the supernatural."

She stopped for a moment, looking to each of the people in the group. "...I have stopped the purges, as you already know. I will also disband my Order. Any zealots that continue to slay the supernatural will be found and arrested, or put to death on the spot for their crimes against you. The Vigilant Order will be reformed, weeding out the zealots and hidden heretics. Once reformed, its task will be to hunt only those that break the bond of peace between humanity and the supernatural. A bond which I will forge with the help of every national leader on this continent."

"Red Gorge...will be the location of a gathering of national leaders, as well as myself and the leader of the island nation of Nocturne. We will put in writing that Nocturne is to officially be recognized as a legitimate nation. Supernatural peoples and non-Humans will gain full rights, and be equal to humanity. Nocturne will create its own group of hunters, and police itself in close cooperation with the Vigilant Order. And when peace has been brought to the land, I will destroy both my armor and sword...and I will leave this place."

Her voice cracked a bit with the last sentence. Undite looked to her and noticed that tears had formed in Velin's eyes. "...That is the right thing to do, I believe. I've wronged you all...for far too long...And I must punish myself properly. You will never have to fear or worry about me again...I hope that gives you some comfort."

Last edited:
Theodore was among the crowd. He pushed his way through as the citizens were ready to attack. Fortunate that the gravedigger was the one with a rational thought in his mind. The goddess showing not only remorse, but vowing to cease the purges and reform the order came as a shock. He scanned the crowd for reactions to see the shocked faces and one which was different. Inquisitor Sara was among the crowd. The brim of her hat was tilted downwards to hide her face, but Theodore could still see her serious face underneath. He could see something else. Was it fear?

"Lady Velin!" she cried out. Sara pushed her way through the crowd near the goddess, sword drawn in hand. Stabbing the ground she dropped to one knee. "I am inquisitor Sara Reid of the Vigilant order. I am in Red Gorge on a personal investigation pertaining to the death of my own cousin lady Rebecca Lynch. A pureblood. I hope you understand why I couldn't make this official order business." Theodore's eyes went wide. His mask covered the shock, but he couldn't say anything just yet. Sara lifted her head so her eyes could meet Velin's "I had to go not only behind your back, but that of other members of the order and collude with a corrupt member so I could come speak to the only man who knew of her final fate and bring my family closure and hopefully absolve us. A former archivist himself and member of your order." She turned her head to Theodore.

"That part I can confirm." Theodore sighed. "She came here to ask questions with said corrupt member, but I was not aware of her true intent. To her own credit, she was more polite than. Him."

"I beg you my lady. If you're true to your words, let me be among the first of the new order. Let my mission be one sanctioned and blessed by you instead of being clad in cloak and shadow. Let me rip the corruption that has seeped in the old church. I want to carry this burden if it means my family would finally have closure and the name cleared from my cousin's misdeeds." She saw an opportunity and took it. Lucky that one. Theodore crossed his arms and awaited Velin's response.

Velin looked surprised for a few moments, gazing down at the Inquisitor whom had rushed forth and knelt down before her. As she listened to her story, her surprised expression softened. "...I understand, my child. You are forgiven for your misdeeds and actions, and I welcome you to be one of the first among the new Vigilant Order. But first..." she said, with a faint smile at first before glancing to Theodore. "...the corrupt individual must be dealt with. This cancer must be cut from the body of the Church, and he shall be the first of those removed."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back