• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hunter's Moon: The Sin & Sentence [IC] [CLOSED]

Senya nodded hearing about Loque's mention about putting a few in Florentina out of business. It wasn't her problem at the end of the day. "It's an unpredictable industry indeed. None of my business of course."

She then turned to Inari, another obviously not from Adonia. But this human felt off, like her. "Level-headed? Maybe." Senya shrugged.

"Upper Redonia?" Inari says, realizing just how close to home Takato came from. She slapped her hand against her chest and beamed. "Kowareta!" She spoke with great pride, despite coming from a rather turbulent place. Her smile grew a little wider as she examined Takato a some more. This one certainly had a fair aura. He reminded her of a monk or shrine guardian.

"Other people, not so level-headed," she said, fixing the word so she said it right this time. "You people, better words and looks."

She glanced back at the other members of the inquiry before looking to the trio she had approached. "Shaguma Inari. Daimyo." Inari offered a modest, casual bow. Her eyes flashed towards Takato. "[Of the Red River.]" She added in her own language, wondering if this traveled man knew it - and the implication of her title.

Takato didn't look too surprised to see that the kitsune was from the troubled warring states of Kowareta, but he looked worried after he heard her refer to the Red River, the Akaikawa, one of the smaller tributaries of the river Norikawa, the sight of many a brutal battle, so many that the river itself ran red from the blood spilled. This woman was bad news, if she was from where she claimed to be.

"Madame Shaguma... it would be preferable to our Adonian counterparts if their name order was used," he commented, turning to Loque and Senya, "Inari being her first name."

Last edited:
"I'm aware." Senya assured towards Takato and Inari. "Any reason why both of you were brought here by the Hunters?"

"You people, better words and looks."
“Uh-huh...”

There’s no way she’s referring to Loque with the way she’s dressed currently. She looks at both Senya and Takato, clearly in better attire than she’s in, before looking back at Inari.

“And what’s a Die-imm-yo?” Loque asks.

The party stepped through the door, and Gwenaelle positioned herself around the back of the group. Rifle held in both hands, she made her way through into the lush jungles, with little to add to what the party had already said. She'd said little enough (which to her mind was still more than enough) to those that she had spoken to in the party, as she'd spent most of the days preparing within the cathedral. She only ventured into town when she absolutely had to. It reeked with filth, soot, and smog. Careless industrialization-- not to mention the general stench of humanity in general. And even for a primarily human endeavour, she wanted to speak to them even less than she would most other humans.

The other two elves had fallen in with each other, seemingly. The timid one? Rather harmless by her own, from how she read it. But the other seemed vaguely familiar. Like one of those southern warlords she'd occasionally hear of. Hooded inquisitorial types, with their heads so far up their asses they can see out of their own throat. She figured that the orc would eat the party soon as work with them. The nausea-inducing beasts, even sooner. Then there were some wild-cards. It didn't really matter all much to her as to where they came from. Gwenaelle was under the impression that they would all prove to be worthless in the end.

As she stood in front of the door, however, the reality of the situation hit her... and formed a pit deep within her stomach. The less that these people liked each other, and ultimately, the more fraught-- and fought, their relations became, the less likely it would be for them to return. More importantly, the less likely it would be for her to return, to her rightful throne.

Then, everything seemed to blow up at once. People mocking the individual that would quickly smear them against the nearest tree. Talking about blood rituals and duels of honour. One person had a sword tip pressed against their throat, for heaven's sake.

"...Sans valeur." Gwen spat under her breath. She turned her head to her rifle, opening the bolt to load in her ammunition.

"I see... well you have nothing to fear for now. No one here is out for your life, unless you give them reason to. Although I'm afraid that the place we will be venturing to has no shortage of terrors and dangers awaiting us on our mission." Venextos replied to the she-elf. "Do you know how to defend yourself?"

Aliana knew the question and its answer all too well.

"No... I do not." She replied, looking more disappointed in herself by the second. She'd never formally be trained on how to use this long stick, nor on how to wield swords, or even her own beast powers.

"I'm not trained in much, only that the strange men told me to point this in the direction of what I want...dead." Aliana didn't like the way they briefly explained a weapon that can kill so easily. She looked past Venextos, seeing the more calm idle chatter between the odd people.

"Yes, yes. Inari. Given name, not clan name," she nods to Takato, still grinning at him. Her pale eyes glance over to Senya next. "Church man, Winchester, he saved my life but send me here as prisoner to fight this war. I follow through honorably," she said, emphasizing honorably.

She then turned to Loque. "Daimyo. Like small but fierce king. I rule my clan and other clans."

Velin's grin beneath her helmet grew wider as Uloth continued to taunt her. "Keep it up, Orc. Once I'm through in Red Gorge, I can travel to the highlands and send your race back to oblivion." she stated, before turning to look back to the Tsavanian werewolf. She went to say something, but paused when she heard the woman speak of Adona. So he really is still alive. And if he sent her...then she would join them. "...You may join them, if it is Adona's will that you should." she said, awfully calm and serious. Fate seemed to be at work here.

Velin motioned her over afterwards. Meanwhile, Cassiel walked over to where Venextos and Aliana were talking. "If you need assistance using the rifle...I suggest speaking to Gwen there." he said, pointing out the other elf with a rifle. "She seems to know what she's doing." Then Cassiel looked to the others. "Gather around, everyone. There are a few things that I need to go over with you."

"Venerable Cassiel had taken the time to explain the reasons for their assigning me to this mission," Takato nodded, still looking worried after Inari's hint. Listening to Inari's reasoning, he was surprised to hear that she had been brought to Adonia as a prisoner. He sighed, at least she couldn't cause any more trouble in Kowareta for the time being.

"To add to Inari's explanation, imagine a feudal lord," Takato decided to add, before turning towards Cassiel, giving the angel a smile.

“Sounds prestigious! Hope your clan won’t miss their queen should you perish here.”

Then the call came from Cassiel to gather together.

“I’d like to inquire more, but let’s go see what Velin’s toy has to tell us first.”

As the group closes in around Cassiel, she makes an effort to stay as far away as possible from Hudson.

"Ah, feudal lord, very good name, yes," Inari nodded again at Takato's words. Having someone who could speak her tongue and this one even better was useful to have around. He was like a good chamberlain or secretary who, presumably, could fight. Definitely a monk of some sort. This one she would stay friends with.

She glanced to Loque as they walked over to Cassiel. "I won't die here. Water spirits want me, not some fire and shadow oni or," she struggled with the next word, pointing at the other inquiry members, "riff-raff."

As they approach Cassiel, Inari gets as close as she can to the angel. She liked this one, too, and she eyed him with her ever-present amused grin. Everything that was going on reminded her of some of the war-gatherings back home, though without the drinking, music, and festivities.

Uloth practically laughs in Velin's face at this, "Go ahea', better 'n a fight'n death ta oblivion' than livin' near you lot." She notices the Angel is about to give a briefing and breaks off her bantering with a god to join the others. She sets her machine gun's rear in the dirt and grips it around the barrel shroud near the muzzle to let its weight rest in the soil. She shifts her weight to get comfortable and waits for Cassiel's walkthrough of tasks.

Jakob turned about, walking over next to Venextos and the young woman next to him. Looking at Cassiel, as he expected some sort of intel.

Anya nodded appreciatively. "S-spaseeba, Lady Velin," she replied quietly to the invitation. It was the strangest sensation, to have felt so abandoned after the loss of her family, thrown into the ceaseless horror of her tainted being with no hope of salvation, only for two of the five divines to intervene directly in her life. She quickly gathered her few belongings and packed them back into her bag, venturing over toward the group with severe trepidation, the fear in her stomach teasing the beast. Of all things, she did not want to lose control of herself in front of Velin. The other werewolves seemed to have a handle on themselves, and she was hotly jealous of that ability. Before she could try to introduce herself to the less threatening members of this expedition, however, Cassiel provided a welcome distraction.

Gwen didn't seem to have much time to load the rifle before the group was called over to the angel for his briefing. Not wanting to leave her magazine half-full, she filled it to its entirety, slipping the last round between her fingers back into the pouch on her belt. Even for looking rather human, Cassiel did have that rather fetching aura about him. Ah, but only if he were human, and the circumstances better, would the then-princess have opened an opportunity to play.

...She made sure to stand to the end of the group opposite the goddess.

Once everyone was gathered around, Cassiel began to speak. "You all know the reason why you're being sent into the Abyss. To rescue Valeria Witlock, attempt to retrieve the artifacts, and try to slay the Icon of Vainglory, Sazak." he said, looking at each of them. "I should explain a few other things while you're still here. First and foremost, once you are on the other side of that door, you will encounter a demon that resembles a blank-faced statue. Do not engage it. Its sole purpose is to prevent demons in the Abyss from getting out through that door. It will not bother you beyond watching you.

"A ways down the road from the door, you will then encounter two demons. They are the ascended demon Tariun and her lieutenant Xager. They, along with Tariun's other subordinates, will be the only allies you have in the Abyss. They will not harm you, and they will provide you with assistance during this endeavor. Now...in exchange for the information we have gained on Valeria among other things, you will be required to assist Tariun by doing several tasks for her during your journey. I will let her explain what they are and why they are important.

"Now, as I told Jakob a few minutes ago, and as Loque herself already knows, time flows differently in the Abyss compared to the mortal realm. It flows faster. A year here is ten years in the Abyss. That means since the Grimtham incident three years ago, thirty years have passed in the Abyss. Keep this in mind when you locate Valeria."

Cassiel paused, looking to each of them. "Do you have any questions?"

Aliana wasn't sure what else to say, other than to hold her rifle tighter to her chest. With one clumsy motion, she takes her amulet out of her pocket, wrapping the thin chain around her shaking hand. She listened intently to the words of the strangely vibrant young man talking to the group as a whole.

She tried to listen, but most of the words ended up flying by her. Demons, stones, and...something about an incident. She rests her rifle on the ground by the buttstock. Aliana glances down and notices something shiny inside the barrel, giving her the curiosity to look down inside, having not known the tube was hollow. It was very shiny, indeed, even though she didn't know what it was at the end.

Loque raises a hand.

“How will we get this woman out of the Abyss once we find her? Through this same door, I assume?”

"Yes, and why you no come with warband? Demons no like angels, yes? You will be like lucky charm," Inari spoke up next from beside him, looking him over. He definitely didn't look like much of a fighter, but all parties had members for various uses. She could think of a few for the angel that didn't involve the front line so much.

Jakob raised his hand. "Why do we have to cooperate with a demon? Even if she is ascended, most of us here are mere mortals. What happens in the Abyss shouldn't be our business." Jakob then let out a sigh. "Look, I like helping people...but demons? I...don't know about that yet."

"I assume that these demons will be susceptible to sulphur and steel, if we're being sent in as we are?" Gwen patiently waited for her answer, before noticing the other elf beside her. The meek one. Staring right down the barrel of her gun.

A gloved hand reached out to grab Aliana's rifle by the barrel, yanking it away from her face forcefully. "Never look down the barrel of a gun." The voice seemed stern, and rather cold.

[...This adventure is doomed.]

With a timid squeak, Aliana is startled the sudden extraction of her rifle from her eye. She looks towards her savior, seeing the fellow elf chastise her personally. She couldn't have known... "Are guns really this dangerous?" She thought, twiddling her thumbs as she stands there in embarrassment, looking down at the ground.

"S..Sorry." She stammered out, being as submissive as she could be to directly show her failure at basic gun handling. The others were asking questions, and she thinks its best for her to stay quiet.

“How will we get this woman out of the Abyss once we find her? Through this same door, I assume?”

"Indeed. Tariun will bring you all back to this door as quickly as possible." responded Cassiel, as he looked to Loque.

"Yes, and why you no come with warband? Demons no like angels, yes? You will be like lucky charm."

Cassiel sighed. "I would come with you...I really would...but currently Angels are not allowed into the Abyss. I am of the heavenly plane, so the Abyss would attempt to repel me through various means. It would take something near reality breaking for me to come with you. You will, however, encounter Fallen Angels down there...they are outcasts from the heavenly plane. Their divine light snuffed out and replaced with darkness."

"Why do we have to cooperate with a demon? Even if she is ascended, most of us here are mere mortals. What happens in the Abyss shouldn't be our business. Look, I like helping people...but demons? I...don't know about that yet."

Cassiel looked to Jakob. "You have a demon helping you right here. Will you not help her if she needs it?" he said, pointing to Loque. "Just like there are fallen angels, there are ascended demons. Those who's darkness has been replaced with a divine light. Tariun...she's a good person, Jakob. As is her lieutenant Xager. You can trust them, I swear to you. Just help them, and they will help you with every means at their disposal."

"I assume that these demons will be susceptible to sulfur and steel, if we're being sent in as we are?"

Cassiel looked to Gwen, after she made sure that Aliana didn't shoot herself in the face. "Your ammunition has either been blessed by our priests, or has been scientifically improved. Iron cores, wrapped in a copper jacket. Demons, as well as angels, do not like the sting of iron."

As Cassiel continued to answer questions, Aliana felt a hand rest on her shoulder. Riberta's. "...Just relax." she said, softly. "You'll be fine."

Jakob stared at Cassiel for a while, before sighing and giving the angel a smile. "Alright. Just because you are so nice, I'll try to help them."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back