• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hunter's Moon: The Sin & Sentence [IC] [CLOSED]

"The feud only started because this godforsaken freak from the depths couldn't take a clear warning." he began, turning his head to Senya as he stared at her out the corner of his eye. He wouldn't remove his gaze from Loque completely, he was smarter than that. As soon as she bats the sword away does he bring it back just as forcefully, keeping her still.

"Manpower. No support. Of course we lack those things..! I don't know how many times I got to say it but we're dead. I merely haven't ended them out of courtesy."

Just then Loque spoke up again, clearly mocking him. "Is your patron demon prince the one of Dumbfuck Stupidity?!" he growled, pushing the sword closer so now the tip rested against her neck. "Push your luck further and I'll push this through you."

"Well, Madame Feneris. A pleasure to meet you, I am Venextos." he replied in a gentle tone as to not spook Aliana. "I know this must be all strange and terrifying to you. A lot of things are... not working as they should. Why don't you start from the beginning, where were you when you were suddenly moved to this point in time?"

Senya turned towards Loque, shaking her head. "Leave him be. There's no changing the hunter's mind and insulting the man won't make things better. There's a time and place, but this isn't one of them."

Takato moved to Senya's side in solidarity, and was about to make his own comment on the matter when Loque spoke up with her own comment, and Hudson responded swiftly.

"Please, calm yourselves..." he ultimately ended up saying, as the heated nature of the discussion ultimately rendered his idea of using a proverb meaningless.

"Leave him be. There's no changing the hunter's mind and insulting the man won't make things better. There's a time and place but this isn't one of them."

She's right. There's no point anywhere in this but Hudson's sword. Best case scenario he dies first before he can poison anyone else with his negativity. Loque backs away with Senya, the only person so far in this group that's close to being her friend.

"Fucking peasant..." she angrily whispers to Senya.

After a few moments the standoff ended and he sheathed his sword back, turning away from the others as he continued to walk closer to the door. The man clearly didn't care what the rest of the members thought of him, after all their fate was going to be same regardless. Hudson just wanted to get this all over with.

Uloth who has been silent the entire time walks up to stand by Riberta and examine the door before calling back over her shoulder, "Shaddup wit' yer squabblin' already ya babies wit' yer pissin' in yer nappies an' pitchin' toys out t'eh pram o'er petty shite, no one cares, le'ss be gettin' on wit tha job, aye." She adjusts her armor and hefts up her machine gun, she casts a glance over to Velin, "Hurry up an' open tha feckin' door so we can be gettin' dis over with, ye daft wench, then ya can go back to yer wankery tha'h no one gives a proper shite about while we do the' heavy liftin'."

Jakob looked at the rather friendly, and lovely, angel. He gave the boy a friendly smile in return, as Venextos walked to talk with a young elf nearby. "Pleasure to meet you, Cassiel. Yeah, I could tell you were an angel. During my travels with the inquiry, I had actually met another one. A rather...detached one, but still. They helped me and the others a bit." Jakob then looked at those around him. "Quite the party your lady got. I like the mean looks some of them have...hopefully they stick together through all of this." He looked back to the angel. "I know Valeria is alive, but do we have any other intel on her? I...really wonder if that thing didn't break her or harm her."

Jakob then saw Hudson fighting with a woman. At first, it reminded the detective of his first day back in Grimtham. He smiled at the thought of Camille, Galina, and Mariete fighting and trying to kill each other, but then Hudson began to scream. Things back then never escalated that quickly. Jakob looked at Cassiel for a moment, before watching things calm down and the culprits of the argument scatter.

"Well, Madame Feneris. A pleasure to meet you, I am Venextos." he replied in a gentle tone as to not spook Aliana. "I know this must be all strange and terrifying to you. A lot of things are... not working as they should. Why don't you start from the beginning, where were you when you were suddenly moved to this point in time?"

A very slight smile corners her lips as she hears how Venextos pronounces her name. It was validating, in the least, to hear her own name said back to her. She thinks on what he says, trying to remember in the recesses of her mind of where she was...or even when she was. She'd only heard glancing mentions of the time dilations from her capturers, but never in any detail.

"I don't...know. It feels like this isn't real." She says, putting forth whatever courage she has left to the front. "The last I remember, the Elvish Houses were falling one by one..." She shuddered to think of what had befallen the world of her time, had she seen it through to its end.

"I was running, in the forest, from people who wanted me dead and I..." She recalls the moment she was captured by the men from a different time. She closes her eyes again, exhausting all the memories she could retrieve. "Sorry," She says, opening her eyes to gaze at the grass underneath her feet, "That's all I can remember of where I was.."

At least the arguments had quieted, so she could think in peace.

Riberta listened to Henderson, before nodding. She really didn't intend on coming back, but she wouldn't let them know that. "Yeah. Rip and tear." she said, before glancing over to the other werewolf nearby in the forest. The Tsavanian. She wondered how the woman found this place, but didn't comment on her presence.

Vincent continued to watch the others as he stood nearby. He kept quiet, as usually Velin spoke for him. Once they were through the door, his job would begin. Meanwhile, Cassiel glanced back to the others before looking back to Jakob. "...I should warn you of the time difference here and in the Abyss. The Abyss experiences the flow of time far faster than we do in the mortal realm...a year here is ten years in there." he said, pointing to the door. "...Its been thirty years in there...Valeria might not be in the best of states when you find her. Still, she needs to be rescued from her prison."

After a moment, he smiled at Jakob. "Oh...I wanted to mention to you. I know it is a touchy subject...these things always are, but..." he said, pausing for a moment as he glanced up towards the sky, "...Your wife and son are fine. Both are at peace in the heavenly plane. We take wonderful care of them."

As the orc spoke, Velin chuckled. "Oh look. It speaks. It thinks its people." she said, grinning under her helmet.

Last edited:
Senya nodded with relief, knowing the argument died down til both of them separated. She stared at Loque blankly. "At least that's behind, for now." The Red Warden then saw a man with a thick scent. After helping calming down the situation Senya gave a thumbs up towards Takato. "Name?" She asked.

Uloth laughs at Velin's weak effort to goad her, "Ya, I ain't people, I be a feckin' orc." She leans over to Riberta and says loudly for Velin to hear, "Who wa' th' daft git who'n made 'er a god, eh? They musta' been scrapin' th' bottom of tha' barrel proper 'ard fer 'er ta popout, aye." She laughs raucously and turns back to Velin, "Aye, ya proper tarty type, ya gonna open tha' door or we usin' yer thick head fer'a ram? I rather fancy th' latter hones'ly."

Takato muttered to himself, having finally thought of an appropriate proverb: "...a single tree does not make a forest, nor can a single string make music."

He just stood there, unsure whether to turn next, as smaller groups formed within the inquiry - the demon and the one of few words, the robbed one and the meek one, Venerable Cassiel and the newcomer, and so forth. Being solitary for many, many years did render his small talk ability ineffectual. Fortunately however, the Red Warden gave him a thumbs up and asked for his name. Takato held his right fist in his left palm at stomach level and bowed.

"Takato Ka," the hermit said, "And whom do I have the honor to acquaint?" he added with a friendly tone.

Loque bows her head and takes a breather, trying to cool down so she won't take it out on Senya. "...Loque. It's Loque." she replies. "I... don't have a surname. Wasn't strong enough to earn one."

"Senya Melgaeron," She said to both of them, "From Florentina, Valencia." The Warden was hoping they'd recognize the Kingdom despite its small territory and borders from the rest of the continent. But so far, they seem to mean well.

"A pleasure to meet you, Madame Melgaeron! And you, madame Loque," Takato referred to both.

"Florentina... have passed through there on these travels of mine within Adonia, if memory serves, though only once. South-east of here, correct?" he asked, considering they were now somewhere in Northern Daristein.

"I see... well you have nothing to fear for now. No one here is out for your life, unless you give them reason to. Although I'm afraid that the place we will be venturing to has no shortage of terrors and dangers awaiting us on our mission." Venextos replied to the she-elf. "Do you know how to defend yourself?"

“A Florentine, huh?” Loque shakes her head. “Well, I understand my winery’s ah... ‘competing’ quite heavily with others in your country. I hope that won’t get between us.”

She also noticed Takato approaching too, having been summoned by Senya.

“And what’s a gentleman like you doing here? You’ve come quite a long way just to witness this sad, heartbreaking attempt at a raid party.”

Inari was amazed to see another little conflict emerge between the not-prison-guard and the helmeted demon-oni that didn't seem to have done anything to offend the swoardsman. Since the goddess didn't duel with the new man, she wanted to see something happen here, but alas nothing came of the confrontation. She was surrounded by weak-willed cherry blossoms, though without the beauty and grace.

She had been eying Takato for a little while. Of all the people here, he seemed to be someone from closer to home, and he was chatting with the armored woman and the helmet demon. She sauntered over, hearing them presumably introduce their names.

"Loque... Senya... Takato..." She says, sounding their names out as she approaches them. "I find the level-head warriors over here, no? Not so much fuss and scream and cry."

Anya wasn't a very learned woman, but she knew enough about the Gods to know that Velin wouldn't be pleased if she heard the complete story of how Anya came to this place, given that a dullahan was involved. However, she considered lying to be an even riskier move, and so she proceeded by choosing her words carefully. She had great respect for Velin and didn't wish to upset her. She cleared her throat. "I do not know why, but I have somehow caught attention of Adona, who sent rider to find me. She sent me here, said it would be better path. You know I am wolf. I kill wolf," she said, glancing hatefully at a few of the other lycans in the party. "If you do not want me here, I will kill more wolf until I am dead. Such is life for damned woman, full of anger." She bowed, humbly.

"Yes. South of Escaria, East of Volusia. I also travel across the world in my duties. You don't look Adonian." She said before turning to Loque.

"The citizens back home take their textiles and wineries very seriously. A lot of demand for the wealthy there. Including the supernatural."

“Oh, that they do indeed. So much so I believe I caused quite a disturbance when I unfortunately put a few out of business.” There’s a hint of pride in those last few words, Loque clearly unapologetic for it.

"Adonian I am not," Takato said, as he motioned towards his garb, "Upper Redonia is where home lies for me. But traveled have I within Adonia for many years now," he responded, before turning to Loque.

"Assisting the church, have I, and was offered to join this mission by the venerable angel," he commented, bowing in Cassiel's direction. Suddenly, Inari joined in and made her comment.

"Who truly is level-headed is yet to be seen," he responded, as he looked towards the door once more.

Jakob stared at Cassiel, his cocky little smirk slowly fading away into a much somber expression. He teared up a bit, but quickly wiped his face. "I...thank you. I mean it." Jakob looked down at the ground for a moment, allowing the angel to walk away. How did this seemingly kind soul end up serving that bitch of a Goddess? Jakob let out a heavy breath, before walking ahead. Standing close to the door and staring at it. The orc woman was nearby, bashing the goddess. Jakob didn't have an opinion on the Orcs, but he knew they were a group of fearsome warriors. So it must be a good thing to have one around.

Loque turns to Inari, taken aback by her outlandish dress before replying to her comment. “Yeah, level-headed. If you can even call it that when everyone else is close to losing theirs!“

Users who are viewing this thread

Back