• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hunter's Moon: The Sin & Sentence [IC] [CLOSED]

"Ah, a hunter." Senya observed the rifle Loque was holding, staring at the metal and woodwork. The Red Warden could only give a confident thumbs up for the rifle model. She heard about Loque's reason for coming here for the adventure and the spoils, whatever that could mean. But she was a bit worried, Loque might be getting too ahead of herself there.

"What exactly are you looking for within the Abyss? Demon gold? Unfinished business?" Senya asked until she heard the Goddess of Judgement shout across the area. She immediately turned to a different conversation, raising an eyebrow.

Hudson grumbled and opened his mouth to speak, yet he was soon cut off by another one of Velin's episodes. All he could do was sigh, wincing as her booming voice shook the entire forest. If the goddess was hoping to keep this location a secret it would not be for long at this rate. He spread his stance slightly before staring deadpan at Venextos as he went closer to the werewolf.

"Hudson Giguere." he said as his introduction, hopefully clearing up Jakob's question. "Listen to me, I'm sure that you're all confident that you can save Valeria and all that, but take a moment to think about what you're doing." the hunter urged, gesturing toward the yawning gate before them. "Look at who Velin has us working with. She's taking everyone and anything for this mission. How do you think this is going to go down?"

"You've got people who care for you. And he -" the man said, pointing at Wesley. "is just incompetent. Don't throw your lives away."

"And what are you looking at?" Henderson raised an eyebrow as Riberta ignored his insult. Usually the barbarian would have an answer to his jabs. But not now. He turned his head when Velin started screaming in anger. "The werewolf is pissing her off. Brave, stupid and fun."

Takato continued to observe what was going on - chatter from the one of few words and the demon, remarks from the kitsune and the, ehm, whatever Henderson was, etc, etc - until he noted that things were getting heated between their sudden new guests and the goddess. From the way everyone involved spoke, they all seemed to be aware of one another to some extent, discussing things no one else had anything to do with. In times like these, it was rather awkward to be listening to a feud born elsewhere without any context.

He felt a shiver go down his spine when Velin suggested she could wipe what was an entire area off this mortal coil. Such power went beyond being awe-inspiring, and into the area of terror - her mentioning of Redonia not helping in matters.

Inari took a small step back as the goddess' armor began to spark with more electricity as the newcomer insulted her. He was a brave man, certainly, and she would have done the same if it wasn't for the fact this goddess was quite the warlord herself. Her face was twisted into a half-amused grimace as she waited to see if the man would be executed right here, though Velin seemed content with very loud words. Words that Inari no doubt knew she would back up from her short time here. This was not a kami easily calmed or sated with ritual.

She did frown slightly when the goddess spoke of her ability to go to Redonia. That would be... not fun. She didn't need more competition - especially when she would be competing with a goddess. Besides, there were spirits far more deserving of worship back home.

"Will there be duel, yes? Such words spoken against honor are venomous to lineage," Inari spoke up quickly, grinning again. Maybe there could be some entertainment before they set off on their journey.

"What exactly are you looking for within the Abyss? Demon gold? Unfinished business?"

Loque doesn't answer for about a minute as she's too busy looking over at Velin with a smug look under her mask. She hopes she'd go through with it honestly, so there'd be less of them to split the spoils with.

"... More of that last one." she says, not wanting to leave the only other person that's talked to her so far hanging. "It's... personal. Very very personal. I don't feel I ought to explain any more of it, unless, you're that curious."

"Will there be duel, yes? Such words spoken against honor are venomous to lineage," Inari spoke up quickly, grinning again. Maybe there could be some entertainment before they set off on their journey.

"...a duel would be ill-suited at the moment, especially when the door beckons for our presence," Takato spoke up in a serious manner. They seriously didn't need any fights at the moment. Also, he considered how that werebeast woman is reacting to a goddess getting irate at the moment.

"Doors have no say in honor," Inari waved her hand dismissively. "But maybe death door will be happy with blood. Is a ritual. New ritual." She paused for a second, thinking. "Yes, I say we make blood for death door. Words against honor must be met with blade."

"You're not obligated to answer personal business. As you probably know by now this mission is situated with elves and werebeasts. My duties as a Red Warden is to ensure we get back in one piece and kill anything that harms us down there. I'd rather get to know my coworkers than fight them along the way." Senya explained her role for the dangerous journey that awaited them. It was rather useless to cause blood feuds, but in her experience it was inevitable. And perhaps that was the point, to get as much diverse people from different races so many can get killed from multiple factors. It'll be a win-win for the Church no doubt.

"I'd rather get to know my coworkers than fight them along the way."

"Heh." Loque gestures to the others arguing behind her. "No shit. Still, I'm happy to know you'll be on our side. And ah, what is a Red Warden?"

"See folks? This is what happens when your parents don't love ya." Jakob looked to Velin, and gave her a smirk. "Yeah, fuck you too. But thanks for letting me into this mission. It means a lot." He then walked to the side and stood next to Venextos. "I don't care what she might say. If she even dared to kill a whole town full of innocents, the world would turn its back on her. And she alone can't stand against the people she's SUPPOSED to protect. " He patted the sorcerer on the back. "Ease up a little. I have no intention of pissing her off any further...for now."

As Jakob got closer to the sorcerer, the inquisitor identified himself as the husband of the Marquess Camille Guigere. Jakob looked at the man a bit surprised. Never thought that woman could ever marry someone. "Look, I appreciate the concern...I really do, actually, but I gotta do this." He looked down for a moment, before speaking up again. "Sazak caused me and my family a lot of pain. Just like he cause your wife a lot of pain as well. I am here mostly to save my friend...but also, stop that fiend's plans." He gave Hudson a smile. "I can carry my weight, buddy. And don't worry about Wesley. He might not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but he can have some bright moments."

Senya crossed her arms, coming up with a short explanation what is a Red Warden to Loque. Behind the helmet was an amused expression. "How would you explain this? We hunt down whoever causes trouble for civilization: Humans, Vampires, Werewolves. Unlike the Church, we try to stay neutral under world circumstances and travel to many places." She pulled out something from her bag, showing Loque a small metal badge displaying the Red Warden symbol. Senya returned the badge back to where it belonged, hoping that can clear up some confusion.

Takato grimaced worryingly as he heard Inari's response to his comment. She was a proper yako, she was. That just confused him, however - what was she doing in Adonia? Kitsune generally stick to areas which they have some personal connection with, didn't they? He wasn't entirely sure, he isn't too familiar with kitsune culture. Never mind that, he's sure that, once they're in the Abyss, people will be sharing truths about one another, whether they like it or not. He gulped instinctually at that thought though.

At least he could hear he had some like-minded folks in the demon and the one of few words, as the other conversation continued. Red Wardens sounded like a faction consisting of folks like those at Shouki Shrine, he thought.

The hunter clenched his hand around his sword grip tighter, clearly frustrated by Jakob's conviction. It was to the point that he was even willing to stand up to Velin of all people, and considering that he was already a werewolf that was incredibly unwise. Hudson looked down, quietly scoffing as he eased up and went back to his apathetic attitude, shaking his head. While it was the group's goal to kill Sazak his fellow Atracan thought they would actually get a shot at doing it.

"Yeah, so can I." he stated, standing straighter as he looked through Jakob. "But I know demons and I know how to kill them. This... team we've got here isn't Sazak slaying material. You're staring at the gaping maw of a one way trip of torment and you're already thinking that you'll be able to come back."

Having nothing left to say, Hudson turned on his heel and shuffled off back toward the door to the Abyss. "Don't say nobody warned you."

Aliana stood near the back of the pack, shifting her eyes from each...odd individual to the next. "This is surely a dream. I could be dead and this is just me dreaming perpetually..." She reassured herself, although the reassurances quickly fell as she felt the air around her when she passed through the portal. A quiet forest clearing, though something felt off, throwing away any feelings of this being a dream. But all focus she had on her surroundings left her, once she started hearing the bickering and conversation. Then the tall, scary one yelling and shaking her heart almost literally. She kept her hands over her pointed ears after that, still ringing from the outburst.

She couldn't come to terms with what she was told in the weeks prior to stepping through the portal. In that time, she was conscripted into a dead House, had a weapon that made no sense shoved into her chest, and ordered to fight. She doesn't know where she is, or who these people are, only that she must kill.

All she could do was stare at the weird weapon they called a 'rifle' in her hands. It had a dagger fitted on the end of the tube...thing. Aliana didn't understand what was going on, thrust into a new situation as she escaped her prior predicament. She listened as the group of strange men and women continued their bickering or whatnot. She felt angry, confused, scared, and alone. This onslaught of emotions left her idly rubbing the Amulet as it rests in her pocket. "Just imagine I'm home," she thought, "Forget that I'm about to die, aye..."

She gulped, shutting her eyes and thinking of a warm, happy place, drowning out the flood of voices.

‘Ugh, good. Yet another group dedicated to hunting down, slaying, executing or whatever fancy word they use these days to kill anything that isn't human.‘ Loque rolls her head around in unamusement.

“Uh huh. Well that’s good! Better we have more of you than that riff-raff in the back, yes?”

But before she could continue, Hudson storms all the way near to where she and Senya are standing. She calls out to him.

“What in the hell was all that rabble about?”

Velin watched Jakob move over to where Venextos was standing. He thinks I won't do it. "A reminder, Phillomon. I am going to Red Gorge after this." she said aloud. "And if anyone dares to attack me while I do my work, don't say I didn't warn you. You'll come back to smoldering ruins." Cassiel sighed before strolling over to where Jakob was standing, leaving Velin to fume where she was. As he stepped up to Jakob, he smiled warmly. "Its a pleasure to meet you, Jakob Phillomon. My name is Cassiel. I'm an angel." His voice was like velvet.

Riberta finally broke her gaze at the doorway, looking to Henderson. "...Do you think we'll make it back?" she asked. Her voice was different from before, as she had fed before being brought here. And she was surprisingly calm, instead of angry and trying to pick fights with everyone like she had been down in the dungeon.

Hudson stopped in his tracks, his helmeted visage turning slowly to Loque as she called out to him.

"Do not speak to me, Abyssal filth." he spat, accent nearly breaking from the hatred weighing down his voice. Head righted forward again, he continued down his path to the doorway.

"Do not speak to me, Abyssal filth."

"Abyssal filth that you also have the utter misfortune to work with." she says, marching up to him. "I've not even given you my name and you already loathe me. Maybe that can come after we're properly introduced?"

Venextos shook his head when Velin repeated her threat once more, as he was fully aware that she most likely inteded on carrying out her word because of how petty she is. Nonetheless, Venextos decided to speak to the others in the mission. After all, it was best to know those that he would be traveling and inevitable fighting alongside. There was a she-elf that looked absolutely terrified of her current predicament. And so, he walked over to her with a gentle smile.

"Bonjour madame. I have not had the pleasure of knowing your name." he spoke to Aliana. "Although if you prefer, we can converse in your native tongue."

"No." Henderson answered. "Not in the same way. Look at this heap. The elves look like they are too brittle to stand up, our peacekeepers are hopelessly unequipped for the job and then there's the...outsiders. You smell them too, don't you? The stench of the abyss or something else is all around them. Either aces in the hole or our weakest links." He rubbed his chin, thinking when his last shave was. Damn werewolf fur grows like a weed. "Still, we're here to do a job. Might as well do what we're good at and see where it will take us."

"I've not even given you my name and you already loathe me. Maybe that can come after we're properly introduced?"

Immediately Hudson made a grab for his bastard sword, right hand grasping over the left before he unsheathed it rapidly, pivoting about in place to point its tip at Loque's neck. He stood motionless, his head tilting forward to the point that one could just read the scowl beneath his helmeted visage.

"I've got plenty reason to loathe the likes of you. You and your ilk are all too happy to corrupt men into the worst versions of themselves." he began, tightening his grip on his blade as he was clearly holding back himself. His left hand was now resting on the chain attached to the sword, and it also gripped it tightly. "You ruin the lives of innocents by turning them into deplorable monsters consumed by their sins and mistakes. Wishes, curses, or perhaps just eating their fucking hearts out. I don't care. I may be a terrible person, but I at least had a fucking choice."

"World is a whole lot better off without you, so drop that bullshit civility act around me."

"Bonjour madame. I have not had the pleasure of knowing your name." he spoke to Aliana. "Although if you prefer, we can converse in your native tongue."

Aliana let out a squeak of fear upon being confronted by a terrifying being-...She looked again, and saw that it was a man in a very strange if not intimidating outfit. Had it not been for the smile, she would have died of fright on the spot.

Her hands were shaking, knees weak as she stood there before the man, her arms feeling like weights were tied to them. His accent was even more strange, though almost elicited a small giggle from the way he pronounced certain words.

"N-..No. I can speak like this, just fine. I'm...Aliana. Aliana Feneris." She managed to eek out words despite how quiet she had sounded. The slight accent in her own voice meant she was from up north, possibly near Tsavania. She tried her hardest to focus on the spooky man before her, ignoring the heightened word-slinging behind him.

Senya walked up towards Loque and Hudson, they can't do this, not right now. She stood to their side, raising up a hand in an effort to calm the situation. Senya narrowed her eyes, hoping this won't escalate into a fully fledged fight. "There's no need to start a feud. We're low on manpower as it is, and we're heading down there with no support. Please let's lower the weapon."

Slowly, very slowly, does Loque bat the sword away from her neck. Now, she had some very choice words in mind for Hudson for crossing her like this, but Senya showed up just in time to try to defuse things a little. Perhaps they'll be saved for later, and they most likely will be used if he continues conducting himself this way. For now, she ought to do the same as Senya, especially as they haven't even passed through the door and they've already devolved into infighting.

"Look at me! Bleh!" She wiggles her fingers about, imitating an evil spirit. "Quiver in fear, human! I am going to eat your soul with some Florentine beans a nice wine!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back