• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hunter's Moon: The Sin & Sentence [IC] [CLOSED]

As she continued cleaning the sword of any muck or dust due to the environment, Senya raised her head, sensing an aura. She heard her name being called out by one of the elves she never really had the pleasure of interacting with. When Aliana stated she wanted to thank Senya for trying to shield her and Jakob from harm, it brought Senya a bit of nostalgia and a sense of happiness under the helmet. She turned to the Elf, looking uncomfortable out of fear the Elf might be afraid of her appearance. But out of nowhere Aliana offered a gift. It wasn't a weapon, money, or jewelry, but just an ordinary chocolate bar.

"Just...Thank you. I don't have much to give you, but I do have my chocolate you can have."

Senya looked surprised for a short moment, the kind gesture coming from the Elf just felt too generous. She remembered when she spoke with Loque how the Abyss will claim some of them as they ventured onward. The Red Warden regretted making those claims as she observed Aliana smiling. Senya lowered her head. She extended her hand, grabbing the chocolate bar, accepting the offer. But in a sudden action, Senya snapped the bar in half gently, extending a piece to the Elf. She gave a warm smile.

"I thank you for the kind gesture. However, chocolate is something to be shared. Like happiness."

Aliana didn't mind Senya's appearance, at all. She's seen worse, unfortunately, in her short life in this world. She sees Senya reach out to grab her chocolate, before snapping it in half. She's a bit surprised, looking down at the chocolate.

Senya was right, chocolate is best tasting when shared with someone you hold dear. Although she's only just now interacted with Senya, Aliana is grateful and happy for Senya's assistance. Aliana goes and hugs Senya tightly, just as she did Jakob and Riberta. She mouths a final 'Thank you' to Senya, before heading back to Riberta as she takes a bite out of a section of the chocolate bar.

"Happiness..." She says to herself, in a momentary second of thought. Does such a thing exist down here? Maybe she'll just have to make some, though she doesn't have much chocolate left...

As she reaches Riberta, she looks down at the piece in her hands, before breaking it too in half and extending both pieces to Riberta and Jakob. "Please!" She pleads, the smile on her face widening just slightly as she offers her important chocolate to her caretakers.

Jakob was slightly surprised by Aliana's sudden hug, but he actually didn't mind. He always appreciated hugs, after all. She then walked away, heading towards Senya whom was cleaning her sword. Jakob simply smiled as he saw her hugging the warden. "That girl...she shouldn't be here. And damn Velin for sending her down here just because of her nature." He looked at Riberta. "I have to thank you, for protecting her...She doesn't deserve to be shouted at the way that they shouted at her...Although next time, I'd appreciate it if you didn't hit Hudson in the face." He gave the barbarian a smile.

"...I haven't forgotten what you asked, I just...didn't know what to say and well, we were interrupted by all that chaos. My boy, he--" Suddenly, both of them were interrupted again by Aliana, whom came back to them sharing her chocolate . Jakob looked down at the piece she was offering to him, and simply smiled. "Well! That's nice of you, kiddo! Thanks!" He then took a piece, and ate it. It was good chocolate, too!

Riberta let Aliana hug her, smiling as she did, before watching the young elf wander over to where Senya was. As Jakob spoke, her blood red eyes glanced over to him. "He deserved it." she said, simply. And he did. The man has been miserable since he got here, and he was bringing everyone else down with him. Now he was a paranoid wreck that thought everyone was out to kill him. For someone that was fine with dying, he sure didn't act like it.

She glanced over to Jakob once more when he went to speak of his son, before looking back down and smiling at Aliana as she came back with chocolate. She wanted to tell the elf that she couldn't eat it. She was a vampire too, so other foods besides blood tended not to mix well with her. Still, she took the piece of chocolate from Aliana politely. "Thank you." she said, before popping it into her mouth. When Aliana looked away, she spit it out quickly behind her.

She then looked over to Xager. "Did you bring any bottles of blood?" Xager nodded. "Medical crate, there's several bottles full. I suggest filling a pair of canteens with it." replied the demon. Riberta nodded, doing just that after slipping on a belt to clip the large canteens to. She took out several bottles, dumping their contents into the empty canteens, before clipping them onto her belt. She was now ready to go. Though, she decided to do something else. She reached over into the food crate, and dug till she found a stack of chocolate bars. She then moved back over to where Aliana was, and offered them to her. "Take them."

Last edited:
The demon may have slipped out of his hands, but it didn't matter. It gave Anya the opportunity to get vicious. Exactly what was needed. When she was done, he nodded with approval of her wild side. Now was time for another test. Henderson grabbed one of the demon's arms and planted his foot on the torso. It didn't take long for it to give and tear off. He then took a bite out of it.

"Hmm. Tastes like chalk." He swallowed the piece of meat and threw the appendage away "Goes down like a rock too. Hardly filling. The blood also feels like it's a rancid pudding than anything."Once he was done with his culinary analysis, he looked at Anya. He raised an eyebrow at how docile she appeared. Perhaps her vicious nature only showed up during fight or flight situations. We'll she's certainly leaning more towards a fight. "Come now. The others are waiting or probably fighting among themselves over another set of bollocks." He turned motioned for her to follow him with his massive arm as he turned and started to walk back to the group. "For the future, do try to stick with us. The dangers of someone in our group being angry are nothing compared to whatever is hiding in this place."

Aliana watched Riberta ask questions about blood to the horny woman, but she didn't really mind them as she ate her piece of chocolate. She was always told to savor this kind of thing because she wouldn't know when such a comfort will be gone.

Riberta eventually comes back, this time giving her a few more chocolate bars. Her face lights up slightly. "T-thank you!" She says happily, taking the wrapped delicacies and stuffing them in a special pouch meant specifically for chocolate holding. She takes her place beside Riberta once more, managing to find some peace again.

She just has to watch herself for now, as she eventually retrieves her rifle from Jakob. Turns out it was on his back the entire time and he forgot, she assumed. She lets it rest on her chest by the straps, as she huddles close to Riberta for some semblance of warmth. She didn't mind the cold, being Tsavanian and all, but a girl can't live forever in these temperatures. An intrusive thought gave way to her thinking of turning into a beast so that the fur would keep her warm, but that had the added side effect of her turning into a mindless killer...

Aliana disregards her thoughts, drinking water from the canteen she has on her belt. Thankfully, she knows how to work the lid this time. She wonders when the group will get back together so that they can get out of this place and onto some dry land, looking back at everyone so far. They sure were shaken up, though most were angry or didn't care. She hoped as well that they'd forgive her in time, but her hopes probably weren't any more valid than her opinions on matters.

Takato watched the group, from Loque looking displeased speaking to Gödrun (to say the least), Inari and Gwen talking about something, Uloth and Vincent being next to Xager, Henderson returning with Anya in her werebeast form, and Aliana walking back and forth, from Riberta and Jakob, to Senya, and back again to them. Really, compared to what was going on minutes earlier, this was a nice change of pace. The only thing which worried him was Hudson walking further ahead. Despite the man's beliefs and prejudices, he wished the best for him, and hoped that he'd return soon... travelling alone in this space wasn't the best thing to do, after all...

With Aliana approaching Senya earlier in mind, Takato decided too to approach the Red Warden, to make the comments he wished to make earlier:

"...the others could do well to heed your words from earlier, for the truth rings through them intensely, Madame Melgaeron... or do you prefer Red Warden Senya?" he asked Senya, giving a smile as best as he could, remembering her swift motions to move away from Loque earlier, as well as her last remark.

Senya stared blankly at the Oni, providing no actual response. The Red Warden turned around, resuming her work on cleaning her sword.

Takato's smile turned to a neutral, yet saddened expression, feeling rather awkward after Senya just looked at him and returned to cleaning her sword. He wasn't sure if she was just concentrated on getting her equipment cleaned, a worthwhile task to do, or if there was something greater hidden beneath. He began scratching the back of his head, as he continued speaking.

"...regarding the end of your remark, has the... current state of things soured the prospect of success in your eyes?"

She kept on rubbing the oiled rag against the sword until it was finally done. The Warden inspected any trace of dirt or dust, nothing. Great. Senya placed the sword into the scabbard, locking it. In a few seconds the Red Warden scouted up ahead if they could find Hudson in the distance, ignoring Takato's question entirely.

As Senya inspected her sword, Takato waited awkwardly further for an answer, and as she locked it into her scabbard, he spoke once more.

"...the answer seems clear enough, put like that..." he said, as she began scouting up ahead, prompting him to speak once more, "...suppose you don't... need any... help..." his speaking just fading as Senya moved up, presumably to find Hudson, hence his attempted proposal at that moment.

Takato just stood there, as he watched her scout up. She had seemed receptive enough to Aliana earlier... he began to wonder what exactly may have prompted this behavior.

Seriphine could be heard giggling in the back as she watched Takato be completely ignored by the Red Warden. The humiliation was amusing in a way. She approached the monk with a smirk.

"Don't worry," she said while glancing at Senya as she walked off.

"When our enemies are many and her death imminent she will speak with you."

"...speaking out of necessity, and speaking out of choice, are two different things," Takato responded to Seriphine, "A melon taken off its vine is not sweet."

After the new arrival introduced themselves, Venextos watched the group for a bit before making his way to Aliana. The poor girl was probably absolutely frightened after all that had transpired. Thought a creeping though made into his mind as quickly as it left afterwards: Why was a child sent with us to the Abyss? What gods would allow for that?

"I trust you are all right Aliana?" he asked kindly.

Takato turned around to face Seriphine, realizing that his proverb had fallen flat on its face as a result of lack of melon knowledge. He sighed, thinking on whether or not he should try and translate what he had just said, or just try and explain what a melon is. He would have to try both.

"...what was meant with that saying was 'leave things to develop naturally, do not force it, with your will or otherwise', but to answer the question, a melon is a round or oval fruit, about the size of one's head or even larger..." he explained, with a sigh. The mood was now getting to him.

Jakob looked at Seriphine and quickly answered. "The second best thing ever, that's what a melon is." Jakob looked down for a moment. "Man, I'd love some melons now." He then looked over at Takato. The man was ignored by the Red Warden, Jakob wasn't sure why, perhaps something he missed as Hudson was trying to slay that cryptic warrior woman. "Hey Redonian man, you okay?" Jakob gave the man a smile as Venextos approached to speak to Aliana.

As Aliana contentedly stood with Riberta, absentmindedly thinking of things as she stares off into the sky. It was grey, and...cloudy. Permanently.

She heard a voice, her head turning instinctively to the source of the sound. Vene-...Venes.. "Venny!" She said, managing to shorten and butcher his name all at the same time. She watches Jakob going to console Takato, who seemed to have been cold-shouldered.

She turns to Venextos, answering his question, "I'm okay. I'm not scared, promise." She says, though her shaking hands completely betray her words. Her smile almost seems fake, with her having experienced everything so far, but it was as genuine as can be.

Nodding slowly Seriphine seemed to understand. She didn't agree though. "I see though you are wrong. The only true way to shape something is to bend it. Had I allowed my army to develop naturally it would have taken years to do anything. Too many thoughts. Too many emotions."

The elven warlord shook her head. "No, what you must do is use force. When lives are at stake people tend to be much, much better at hearing your words."

She gestured towards Senya. "You are demonspawn. You will not be trampled down by a descendant of slaves hiding behind armor. When the time comes you will confront her and force her to listen. She will respect you, lest she wishes to watch her back for daggers."

Seriphine balled her hand into a fist. "Take control."

"...demon-blooded, demon-descent, I am, but demonspawn I am not. Mortal am I as any other human here," Takato first began, not tolerating this continued assumption of him being a demon.

"And I will not be spoken into using force by one who sees developing relations as equal to developing an army, nor one who refers to humans as slave-descendant. Patience is a virtue, and so is restraint. Control here cannot be taken in such a fashion," he told her seriously, before turning towards Jakob, whom he gave a tired smile.

"I wish I could say so," he responded to the kind man.

Jakob stared at Takato as he shot down Seriphine advice. The woman truly was a warmongering monster. He then got close to the sad man and pulled something out of his bag. A turnip. "This... this is the best thing ever, have a bite." He said while almost pushing it to the mans face. "I used to have a small plot of farm on the back of my house full of turnips, truly the best thing to have ever existed."

Takato eyed the turnip being nearly pushed into his face, as Jakob explained the backstory of it. He sniffed it as it got closer, trying to identify what it was... its smell was to some extent reminiscent of luobak, or as Inari would know it, daikon. He decided to grab the vegetable from Jakob's hand and began... examining it, trying to find where the most optimal point for biting was, as he couldn't refuse the kind man's offer, even if he has practically switched to consuming haze only centuries ago.

After giving it a look over, he took a bite of the turnip, and began chewing. It tasted fine, really. He swallowed his bite and held the turnip in his left hand.

"Thank you?" Takato said in a somewhat confused tone.

With Gwen's mood improving a bit, Inari turned to examine the others again, a simple glance over to garner an idea of the current state of the group. Xager really saved things from going very poorly, though it appeared Hudson was still intent on his extreme brooding. That man was going to die, undoubtedly. Either by the enemy or by 'friends.' She spotted Henderson returning with Anya in the distance. It was good to see the woman was unharmed and had been found. This was not a pleasant place to get lost in - not alone.

Her eyes settled on Takato eating a vegetable around the others, and finally the monk was back in the party for her to accost. She glanced at Gwen. "I'm go chat with Takato, will return."

Inari drifted over towards the Redonian, her hands clasped behind her back as she smirked. ["This is fun, is it not? We make quite the band of ronin. Almost reminds you of the old tales and legends, doesn't it?"] She looked at him and then briefly at Jakob, who was watching Takato closely as he ate the vegetable. Perhaps the man was hungry.

"[...ye old tales and legends I know of mentioned nothing of this sort. The wielder of the Demonslayer and his band did not infight like this,]" Takato responded, Inari able to tell that his variant of her tongue was more archaic. Takato really did not want to talk to Inari, and so, instead, offered her the turnip.

"Sir Phillomon had offered me a turnip in this trying time," Takato revealed, "and it is his most favorite of foods, so do you wish to try it?" he asked, Jakob still watching closely.

["You must read some boring tales, the ones I know of are quite exciting. Have you not heard the one about Matsumasuri and the twelve geisha?"] She said, rubbing her chin. ["Maybe that one is little less fable than the others. Still!"]

When he offered the turnip to her, she eyed it, shrugged, and grabbed it. She took a giant bite out of it and thought it over. "Is okay," she said, holding it up to eye level. "May make good food to carve to scare off bad kami."

She shrugged again, changing back to the prior conversation. ["The tales of the Daimyo of the Red River have always been... many. Some say she is a kitsune, or avatar of one of several war kami, maybe even an oni herself or some other terrible yokai that feeds on suffering. What do you think, master monk? Surely those tales are more interesting than the measly Demonslayer."]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back