• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hunter's Moon: The Sin & Sentence [IC] [CLOSED]

After helping Gödrun up, Takato watched as the woman just zeroed in on Loque and began speaking to her. As he followed her, he heard Senya speak and nodded in agreement. But before he could speak and verbally share that he agreed with her and that the others could do better to heed her words, she walked away as Loque was approached... he wondered if something had happened.

A small tap is felt on Senya's shoulder plate as Loque pats it to signal in agreement with what she's saying. Though just as she had thought all this drudgery had finally passed, it seems fate itself saw fit to spit in her face one last time with the appearance of this burning woman leering at her. At first, she knows nothing and is confused as to why Gödrun approached her specifically. She wonders what her problem is.

"Do I-..." she speaks, but the taste of ashes flying off Gödrun's cape fills her mouth one last time, putting into place within her mind the memory she has of this woman. "...k-know..." Then, it all finally makes sense why she singled her out. "...y-you?!" Oh dear god. Oh dear god.

Instinctively, she madly flies off of Senya and draws her rifle.

"You stay away from me, you hear?!"

Xager looked on, as the group encountered and spoke to the newcomer whom had arrived. She knew who she was already, and she wasn't a demon. Just a soul that took it upon herself to slay those without sin. She was certainly an strange one, but there were plenty of strange ones down here. She glanced over to see Vincent had moved over, and was now gathering supplies from the crates for himself. "You are the leader of this group, correct?" she asked, her intense eyes locked onto him. Vincent paused and looked over. "Yes, why?" he responded, having grabbed a few cans of food and a boxes of .35 Carrington for his rifle. She looked back to the others, before speaking again.

"Why don't you act like one?"

He raised an eyebrow, then she continued. "You have allowed this party to dissolve into infighting. The man I assume is your second-in-command, Hudson, isn't fit for the job. He will get himself killed. There is no sense of control here, and you seem to be doing nothing to rectify that." she stated, in that stern voice that she used on the others. Vincent went to say something, but she soon cut him a look. "Fix it, or everyone dies...or worse." she said finally. Vincent simply looked at her for a few more moments, before gathering the remaining supplies he needed and stepped away. Riberta was next, gathering what she needed and stuffing it into a backpack she found in one of the crates. She also gathered supplies for Aliana, and set out some things for Anya should she return. Particularly warmer clothes, since the woman seemed to have been shivering a lot when she last looked at her before the fighting.

------
As Anya darted through the open pastures and fields, dodging the sludge-like water in large puddles, she soon tripped over something laying down in the grass. it was quite large, and felt like a rock. When she looked back at it, though. She found it wasn't a rock. And she also found that it was now moving. It slowly sat up, before climbing to its feet. It easily stood a full two feet taller than Anya, and its skin had a stone-like appearance and texture, though it appeared cracked and broken over most of its body. Two large horns jutted off its head, pointing ahead like that of a bull from the mortal realm. Two leathery wings stretched out off its back, as the creature turned about to face her. But the odd thing was its eyes. They weren't like the eyes of the other demons they had encountered. The irises were missing. They were simply a glossy, empty black. Was this a hollowfied demon?

It didn't quickly attack her, but instead simply lurched towards her. Almost tripping over itself, like a zombie. Whatever this demon used to be, it was no longer. And hadn't been for quite a long time. It was thin and weak, as if it hadn't eaten.

Last edited:
The nudge seemed to put the glassy-eyed elf back to her senses. She looked up from the box, and up to Inari. "Sc... scared?" She shook her head slowly. "Nh... non. Not scared. Not of ah, not of fighting, anyway." Even with the sprite of warmth hugging close to her, the girl shivered as she hauled herself up and on to her feet. Her hands once again met her shoulders, rubbing faintly at them, as she looked off into the distance, Hudson walking away from the group yet again. "It's not the fighting so much as, ah... who we're fighting... and what's at stake." She added in a more hushed voice. "How many times has the group nearly devolved to infighting? We nearly killed one another over a mistaken firing."

Gwen pursed her lips. Her eyes held a look of intense worry. "...Merde." She finally shook her head, looking to Inari. "Perhaps I'm just much too used to throne room politics. It's much easier to negotiate some lofty-hearted prince out of his fortune and lands than it is to talk with people who would leave you in a ditch with no remorse."

Anya's heart was pounding. Stuck somewhere between human and wolf, she had all the speed and agility she could ask for, but none of the fury needed to stand and fight. She didn't care if this demon was "hollow" or not; it terrified her and she broke into an even more panicked retreat than before. She stumbled backwards over the puddles, alternating between standing upright and using her front paws for balance. Although the landscape was largely monotonous and impossible to tell apart, she got the sinking feeling that she wasn't heading in the proper direction, and had no idea if she could even hurt a creature with such stony skin. She paused a moment, letting out a desperate howl, before darting into a wide semicircle in an attempt to get onto the side she had come from. If this kept up, she would lose her wolf form entirely and be nothing more than a naked and afraid mortal in Hell. All her desire to escape from this place was replaced by one to be close to her protectors, the ones she had just attacked.

There were no good options, and secretly, she cursed the gods for sending her here.

Uloth squats down on her haunches and just idles, her Vickers style machinegun proped up in the bit of solid ground she's perched herself on to act as a support while she watches the group. She makes no effort to intervene in Hudson's deathwish, but she's now more just waiting to see if the Xager demon has to magically stop them all from killing each other again. She's got no idea where Anya went and frankly she's not sure if Anya is going to be able to find her way back at this rate. She knows the big fella, Henderson, is going to find her, but she's not sure if he'll succeed and he'll end up lost as well. She almost wants to just walk off on her own and meet whatever fate comes across her, but she knows that's not her decision to make right now. They have a job and they're cocking it all up at this point. She stands up and hefts her machine gun and rests it on the carry sling she had set up for it so she could free her hands. She walks over to stand with Xager so she can speak candidly with her, "I dunnae if this lot is goan even make at this rate, aye. Lot of'em are breakin' already an' th' infightin' ain't goan get better at this rate. Ya migh' wannae be keepin' tighter eyes on this lot. I cannae predict the future, but what I see righ' now is a proper feckin' mess."

Inari eyed Locque's new tantrum, this one against the newcomer. She had thought more of the demon lady earlier, but recently they were no less geisha than the rest. The kitsune turned her attention back to Gwen, and gave her another hearty pat on the back. "Don't worry, group will do fine. Is new journey. Tension high at start, many of us stranger to each other. When proper fighting start, things get better."

She eyed the shivering elf a bit. If they did devolve into fighting, it would be best to have a companion on the way out rather than do it alone. "Here, you shake like leaf before winter." Inari stepped over to one of the nearby crates and pulled out a woolen blanket she spotted earlier. She already had her own blanket rolled up on her back, but they had plenty to spare now, and she held it up to drape over Gwen. The cold didn't bother her so much. The heat, on the other hand, she was not a fan.

"We look after each other. You gun, me sword. Maybe others to depend on, too, like metal armor lady," she said, glancing over towards Senya across the group. "Takato good man, but maybe... too good, yes? We behave to keep him happy."

Gödrun remained unfazed of Loques actions, the dark and hollow holes in her mask seemingly staring down upon here with judgement.
"Thou hast no need for mine services any longer, child of gluttony. Thine path to salvation is now thine own." she said eerily.

Henderson ran after Anya. At one point she managed to escape his sight in her mad dash. Didn't matter much to him as he could smell where she went. He in front of one of the larger puddles. Not going to risk getting grabbed by whatever creature lived in it, he walked along the edge, sniffing the air. She was still close. He took another bite from the meat only to find it was the last bit left on the bone. Damn. He had room for plenty more, but that would do for now. The bone could work as a club too.

"Anya!" He bellowed "I'm going to give you a chance to come back willingly so I don't drag you back by your tail. Come on now, lassl! I know even in that state you can hear me!" He really had no interest in harming her. For now at least. She hadn't done anything to him except made him work a bit of sweat. She did also buy him a few moments of peace away from that circus. In fact he was being generous with his offer because of that "Anya! Come on now, lass! Be smart!" He then heard the howl "Good."

He ran over to where he had heard the howl only to stop for a second to make sure he was seeing things right. That was definitely Anya, but what was that thing? Was that a demon? She better start hitting that thing soon, because he wasn't going to think about just start hitting that thing for her to just watch. The demon had it's back turned so he had an advantage. He rolled up the sleeves of his shirt and made his move. Rushing over he used the bone to stab at the creature's backside before attempting to tug on it's tail. Either to rip it off or pull the entire beast with it.

Loque snarls back at Gödrun. “Well, I’m relieved you’ve changed your mind.” she retorts sarcastically.

Gwen, with her hands underneath the blanket, pulled it tighter around herself, making it into a sort of thick cloak. Cozy enough, considering their circumstances. She just had to make sure that it wouldn't drag across the ground behind her. She had no idea what afflictions that filthy groundsludge would pass upon her. At the talk of more allies, she piqued up a little, scanning around their makeshift formation. "Mmn. He does seem quite principled for a... ah. What is it, some sort of eastern demon? In any case. I can't imagine him turning on the group lest we begin... burning down villages, or something absurd."

Her eyes finally came upon Uloth, who was speaking with the group's currently only supplier. Nudging Inari slightly, she tipped her head towards the large woman. "What about the orc? Boorish as she might be, she seems... dependable." Her lips briefly underwent a deep scowl. "...Moreso than either of my kin, anyways." The penultimate word in particular was spat out with venom.

Gödrun remained unfazed yet again, like lifeless suit of armor. Although, there was something inside her that spark emotion with seeing someone she had met before, albeit a long time ago.
"Verily, thou hast not changed since our last encounter. Prithee, tell me why a spawn of this unholy realm has been tasked with a most divine undertaking."

"Burn down villages?" Inari said, unable to hide a tiny amused quiver as she looked away. "Very absurd, yes, who do such things?"

"Takato is Oni of North Redonia. Very strong. Monk, too, so many discipline and wisdom," she added.

Inari followed the elf's gesturing towards Uloth. "Yes... that one seem wise despite look and words. But maybe too strong. Independent. Maybe not open to secret treaties between group. But also maybe not. I don't know orc lady well," she said with a small nod. "And yes, other elf people not so good. The bitch one better off dead, and the young one... must learn fast or be dead, too. Is simply how things happen."

“None of your business, knight!” spits Loque. “Now leave me alone! You may remember me, but I remember what you attempted upon me even more.”

It's one mistake after the other with her, Aliana thought. She couldn't stop shaking, even after being consoled by Jakob and Riberta. She saw the faintest hint of her parents as they both protected her, with another helping out. Jakob took the brunt of the attack from the other werewolf who didn't seem to have any self-control. Her heart weighs heavy, knowing what will happen should she turn as well. Will she kill them too?

She stood there with Riberta as she rummaged through the box, staring at the ground and reflecting on just how severe one mistake got the group to turn on her, and just how quickly they are to turn on each other. One stupid mistake and suddenly she's the enemy.

"This isn't a game, grow up, idiot." She berated herself over and over. No amount of apologies will fix what she did to the group. She continued to stay silent, before flitting through the box's contents with Riberta. She found a change of clothes, and quickly slipped into the new outfit behind the box where no one will see. She found a long, tan rain cape made out of a thick fabric, slipping it on over her torso as well as a new blouse not unlike a military uniform. Again, she opted for no shoes, there simply wouldn't be a point with how easily she could turn with how fast the amulet is degrading. Aliana knew her regenerative properties, but not the extent, so she'd be fine if she stepped on something she shouldn't have. She continued on, the new pants being pretty baggy, with her rolling them up to her knee. At this point, she just didn't care much for comfort, just trying not to fuck up once more.

A belt with a lot of pouches is put on next, and Riberta helps her put in whatever is essential inside of them. Aliana even finds a cute hat to put on, the tag saying 'side cap'. She then feels, and hears, her stomach rumbling. In her heart, she doesn't deserve any food, another punishment to add to her growing list. She's already gotten hateful glances, she doesn't need anymore if she tries to eat.

She noticed some of the group had scattered about. The new person was scary, and she wanted nothing to do with them. Some others had ran off, no doubt Aliana's fault as well. She didn't know where her rifle went off to, though in the back of her mind she imagined taking Hudson's advice and using the thing to kill herself. She only sighed, a few people wouldn't want that...

"Riberta?" She asked, as her voice trailed off, "Nevermind, forget it..." Her self-deprecating questions wouldn't prove anything good for her mental state, as she took Riberta's hand again. She still has to thank Jakob and Riberta for standing with her.

Somehow, her call had been answered. It must have meant that at least someone from the party she abandoned had come looking for her. By this point, Anya had been reduced so far that she could barely maintain speed on all fours, and was running upright on painfully twisted legs. Fur adorned her body in receding patches along with the shredded remains of her clothing, and she felt the absence of overwhelming strength the beast had graced her with just minutes earlier. She needed it back. She needed rage.

Skidding to a stop at the edge of a sludge-filled puddle, she eyed the demon as Henderson crashed in behind it. She closed her eyes and tried to focus... First, she remembered the elven lycan who frightened her with the misfire, but only felt guilt, there. She wanted to beg her forgiveness, but that was a thought for another time. Then, she thought of her late husband and son, murdered by the werewolves who passed their curse onto her. It only brought her sadness to remember her son's hand in her own; this was the thought which normally set her on course for losing control, but here it was useless. She wasn't fighting werewolves, she was facing down a demon and had no idea how to attack it. She would leave it up to the wolf to find a way.

She nearly called on Velin for help in a silent prayer, but then, there was something to grasp. The Gods... Why me, Adona? Why me, Velin? The bitter thoughts coursed through her, the image of Loque's golden coins jingling in her hand, and the barrel of Francis's shotgun hovering in front of her eyes. I WAS A MOTHER. HOW COULD YOU LET THIS HAPPEN TO ME? WHAT IS THE WORLD TO YOU NOW? AM I A SERVANT OF YOUR EGO!?

Anya's jaw snapped open so hard with an involuntary roar that it nearly broke, the beast returning to her now with renewed hatred and fury, this time directed at the stony demon. Within seconds, the black beast was back, charging at the demon in leaps and bounds. THE EYES. THE EYES. THE EYES. A monstrous voice echoed in the wolf's imagination. CLAW OUT THE EYES.

---

"You...deserve this?" she said, her tone bearing a hint of anger. "You don't deserve this. That child playing dress up as a fucking knight put you here. Nothing is as it should be, and you know it." A moment later, she released her hand. "You're letting the Abyss get to you. Don't. Its what that armored bitch wants. And its what these 'Icons' want. They want to see you suffer and waste away. Don't give them the satisfaction."

Mariette froze as Cassandra's hand laid down upon her own, and drearily, she looked back up, the contented smile having gone away from her face. "Who cares about satisfaction? There is no winning, here, and no ending in sight. Do you want me to persist eternally in anguish as if I were wronged?" Although she still seemed defeated, Cassandra was relieved to see some lucidity returning to her companion. "I was a traitor in my own heart to the only good cause I could have served. Velin may have condemned me for the wrong reasons, but I was not sent to the wrong end, and you know that. So... so... just..." The anger which had flashed across her eyes just for a moment seemed to flicker out, along with whatever train of thought she had been on. She sighed. "Just help me clean this floor," she said.

The Hollowlands - Outer Edge of Field of Arms - TURN 1
Henderson attempts to grab Hollowed Stone Demon's tail. D6 used. Chance Roll = 2. Chance failed.
Anya - 9 + 1 (10. Rabid Shifter.) CH Roll = 2. Chance of hitting ally. Chance Roll = 1. Chance failed. Does 5 DMG (Rabid Shifter) to Hollowed Stone Demon. Hollowed Stone Demon dead.

---
Henderson smacked the bone into the creature's rump, only to have the bone shatter upon hitting the demon's backside. It seemed that his back had hardened a bit from laying in the grass there for so long. As he tried to grab the creature's tail, he found it slick due to the moisture. It slid straight out of his hand as the creature continued to lurch towards Anya. But Anya had shifted back into her lycan form, and was now on the attack. Gunning straight for the creature's eyes.

She bounded across the grass, before lunging for the demon's head. Claws jutting off her fingertips, they plunged deep into the demon's eyes, as the sheer weight of her lycan form forced the demon to fall backwards. Henderson stepped back, as Anya continued to claw at the creature's face as she sat on its chest. The demon didn't really fight back. It was long past the point of fighting back anyway, merely a shell of its former self. After a few moments of intense and vicious clawing, the demon's face was no more. Mangled and carved up, a bloody mess. It was effectively dead, though, as it was no longer moving.

------
"I dunnae if this lot is goan even make at this rate, aye. Lot of'em are breakin' already an' th' infightin' ain't goan get better at this rate. Ya migh' wannae be keepin' tighter eyes on this lot. I cannae predict the future, but what I see righ' now is a proper feckin' mess."

Xager looked to the orc, before glancing to the others scattered about. "You will all gather together and put aside your differences eventually. Either Vincent will become the leader he's supposed to be, or something will happen to unite you. Otherwise, you will die here. I've seen it happen before." she stated.

Riberta, nearby, glanced down when she heard Aliana call her name. "Yes? Do you need something?" she said, her voice noticeably softer than it had been. Far kinder too.

Last edited:
Aliana groans, a grimace held across her face. She doesn't know how to word it, taking the cracked amulet out of her pants pocket. Her control won't last forever.

"Would you kill me if the chance arose?" She doesn't look at Riberta, staring straight ahead. Death was such an easy, and enticing offer, if she were to continue becoming the mistake of the group. The chain of the amulet dangles off her palm, as her gaze traces the line of the crack on the gem.

"Of course she'd kill you! She doesn't love you, you're a failure!" The beast inside her said. "You'd just kill her like you did your parents!" She starts to become angrier, her rage starting to bubble up as her mind starts to egg her on. Aliana looks up at Riberta after, a pained look among the anger in her eyes as she did.

"If I turned, would you..." Her voice trails off again, as it wavers and quiets. Mistake, mistake, mistake. Riberta doesn't see her as anything but a mistake...does she?

Everyone in the group was at each other's throats. There was anger and scheming all over, and Jakob couldn't help but feel a bit hopeless at the moment. Not even an hour had passed from his contemplating and things were already getting worse. He wasn't even sure on who to rely on. Hudson, while clearly a good man burdened by his past, was acting extremely careless and allowed his utter hatred for demons to blind him. Just now, he wanted to attack the strange woman that seemed to have just joined them, and shouted at Jakob to not interact with her. Anya had run off into the wetlands as a beast, clearly unable to control her feral form, and that woman Inari... Jakob didn't know what she was doing. But she continued to bounce back and forth between members of the group. Based on what little he had heard, the woman was up to something.

Or maybe he was just growing paranoid. Truth be told, these people were getting to him more than he thought. He knew that he could rely on Venextos or the monk, or the Red Warden. He looked at his side, to Aliana and Riberta. The young woman was asking Riberta if she'd put her down if she was unable to control herself. It reminded him of how he asked Erwin all those years ago to put him down should Jakob go wild. It was heart breaking. he wanted to tell the young woman that he could help her control her nature, but he didn't want to interrupt the moment between her and Riberta. He simply walked close, and waited for them to finish before he could talk to Riberta.

After thoroughly clawing the demon's face off, the black wolf set its yellow eyes on Henderson. However, instead of lunging at her benefactor, Anya remained seated on the creature's chest, panting with barred teeth as if she were restraining herself, like an attack dog which has just been called back by its owner. A low growl emanated from the wolf, who then buried her face behind her arms. A moment later, a dark voice spoke to Henderson. "Follow... Follow..." it spoke, before barking pathetically. "Follow you..."

Riberta went quiet for a moment, as Aliana asked these things of her. Eventually, she turned to face her and placed her hands on Aliana's shoulders. "...No, I wouldn't kill you." she replied. "...I'm a lycan just like you. Well...an Alpha, really." She glanced over to Jakob, whom had walked over nearby, and looked back down to Aliana. "...We can help you, Aliana. See, Jakob is a lycan too. We can teach you how to control it, so you can shift whenever you want to. Or need to...understand? We can likely help Anya too."

"We can, indeed." Jakob looked at both ladies. "I know its terrifying...controlling the beast. Its hard. I struggled greatly, and for a good while. The anger attacks, the hunger, it's..." Jakob looked away for a moment, remembering the days after the swamp. "It's...awful, as you probably know, but we can help you kiddo. Alright?" He then gave Aliana a thumbs up to show that he supported her. He then gave Riberta a respectful nod.

Aliana wipes away the tears as they well up on her eyes. She sniffles as she composes herself before the two. Mother, and father.. She shakes her head, ridding herself of the thought. She can't become that close, not so soon. Not after what had happened.

Yet the words ring through her, echoing throughout her mind. The anger seems to dissipate, with her becoming more calm with the encouraging words between Jakob and Riberta. The voices that tried to nurture her rage quiet.

An Alpha.. Maybe that's why she gravitates towards her, subconsciously. She only read about them in the books, almost like they're a myth.

"Thank you, both..." She says, trying to make her voice heard. Her confidence restored, she asks Jakob where her rifle went. It seems she displaced it during the chaos, what with it being juggled around different people. She at least smiles at them, albeit a weak, exhausted one.

She tries to find the one who had assisted her as she asked, looking about the group.

Senya stood nearby the rest of the group while Henderson was chasing after Anya. For any member who wanted to find her, she was simply rubbing an oiled up rag against the steel blade of her sword on the edge of a crate. The red gem in the sword guard shined brightly. The Red Warden's left hand experienced a tremor whenever she could feel a pulse, the thumb twitching. She resumed cleaning, hoping the others will recuperate.

There, she spotted her. She turns to Jakob and Riberta, giving them both tight hugs, and thanking them. "I want the help. I must learn how to control myself. Though, I have to go thank someone.." She states to them, before trudging through the water and finding the woman who stood up for her.

"Senya? Is that your name? I wanted to thank you, because I saw you..." She rubs her arm, it was both embarrassing and traumatizing recalling what she caused. "Just...Thank you. I don't have much to give you, but I do have my chocolate you can have." She tries her hardest to be polite and grateful, though she knows her reputation by now and doesn't expect much in return. The offer of her valuable chocolate should be enough, she thinks, giving a smile to Senya.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back