• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
"We need to confirm where she is held first" Theodore stated while looking at Winchester, he then shifted to the lich "If they decide to lock me near the head inquisitor, I have an idea how to get us out. But retrieving the sword is going to be hard since Cassandra can also wield it."

"If they decide to toss me near the head inquisitor, I have an idea how to get us out. But retrieving the sword is going to be hard since Cassandra can also wield it."

"Indeed. I would help with that, but I am not the Grand Inquisitor. He's the only one that can revoke Order membership, as you know, besides Velin herself." said Winchester.

Last edited:
"Yes, it would be wise to make sure before enacting a plan like this." Ethraeil replied to Theodore. "Where would the Duke's estate be from here?" he asked to anyone who might know in the vicinity.

"Yes, it would be wise to make sure before enacting a plan like this. Where would the Duke's estate be from here?"

Winchester chuckled slightly. "You can't miss it. Its inside the massive park in the center of Peltragow. Head east from here. You'll run right into its outer gate."

"Hrm, then the question now is how to scout it without being seen... perhaps the sewer lines may allow us to head underneath without being seen?"

"So we lie in wait outside of one of the bars or clubs. Seems easy enough." she says, electing to ignore his half-compliment of her charms. Having countless suitors thrown at her over the years has meant that her patience for friendly interactions of that sort has all but disappeared. While it was clear that the Marquess was still capable of being polite, throwing herself into the work that was hunting has made her a rather hard individual to conduct non-business conversations with. Still, a part of her did appreciate the fact that the vampire believed her to be charming despite all that.

"Hopefully we will be able to obtain a layout or something concrete from them. Just knowing what building they'd be kept in is half of the task ahead of us."

"Hopefully we will be able to obtain a layout or something concrete from them. Just knowing what building they'd be kept in is half of the task ahead of us."

"For the sake of expediency," Mariette suddenly said from directly behind the two of them, "any captured officer can be forced to let slip his knowledge with the right hex, whether or not he's intoxicated. Pick your target based on his potential, and not the convenience, and I can break him."

Mariette had gotten herself a new set of clothes including another overcoat which resembled the old one, but with a higher collar and a scarf which helped conceal her face under a rather militaristic-looking pillbox hat. She had apparently hidden her aura with magic to disguise herself from the lower-level vampires they might encounter working for the Duke. What they could see of her icy blue eyes was enough to tell that she was all-business, and hadn't tried to scare them. There was no evidence of humor whatsoever in her expression.

Last edited:
When Mariette said those first few words Camille threw a hand to her right thigh, grabbing a quill and twisting on her heel as she prepared to stab at the neck of whoever was stalking them. It was a motion down out of pure reflex, and she stopped the tip of the long silver needle several inches from the countess' neck. Pure hatred for her would-be target burned in her eyes for a moment, but she relaxed once she saw it was Mariette, odd as she found it to do so. "Please do not sneak up on us like that." she says with a sigh, holstering the quill back onto the bandoleer on her leg. Even if she didn't do it to scare the both of them the Marquess would have reacted the same way, humorous shock or not. "But yes, such hexes would make forcing the information out easier." Camille admits, turning to Aleister.

Aleister didn't react quite as violently as Camille when Mariette spoke up, but when tensions eased just as quickly as they had risen, it was noticeable that his right hand was subtly curled into a half-fist with his index and middle finger extended together. His claws hadn't broken through the gloves, thankfully, and his posture eased up as he glanced about the area to make sure no one was staring at the minor street theatrics.

"I must admit that did give me a slight start," he said, rubbing his right hand and inspecting the fabric to ensure there were no tears in the fingertips. "And yes, I suppose, hexes would be rather easy and expedient... but not as entertaining," he added, muttering. "I suspect there will be some suitable locations up ahead. Afterwards, we can procure our masks, and return to the streets come night when the festivities begin."

Mariette didn't react to Camille's near attack, and likely wouldn't have reacted much had she actually managed to stab the Countess in the neck. While it would have been very painful, Mariette had become very acquainted to pain while in Grimsby and probably would have simply pulled the quill out of her neck and pretended nothing had happened. She nodded at the Marquess's request. "Very well," she replied coldly. She then listened to Aleister. "Entertainment isn't a priority," she blandly replied. "I just think we should be as quick about this as possible."

With his hood on low, only his slight frown was visible on his face. "Yes, yes, I know entertainment isn't the point of all this, but it is important to look after one's morale, you know. You seem rather down yourself, madam. Perhaps you could use an activity like this to keep the mind off the more... unpleasant aspects of this work. Recreation and pleasure are as needed as sleep and nourishment."

He crossed his arms and glanced about again, before nodding towards a cafe looking building. It was several stories tall and nestled in tight between two other buildings - two apartments from the look of it. There were little tables and chairs outside the brick and plaster facade, and a large sign over the door which read 'Parloir du Vice-roi' in a scrawling white script. The shutters over the windows were open but it was difficult to see in.

"Two well-uniformed gentlemen just walked in there," Aleister said quietly. "Perhaps we could use them."

"Getting to the sewers is going to be a task and a half for you, I'm afraid." Theodore pondered for a moment for a solution. He glanced at his sleeve and something came to mind "I have an idea on how to get you across the streets and closer to the park or estate without frightening people, but you may not like it." His voice growing slightly nervous as he realized how demeaning it would be.

Galina crossed her arms and spoke up. "I could always scout ahead. It is far easier for me to blend in than it is for the two of you." She told Ethraeil and Theodore.

"...How are you feeling? Because I'm feeling wonderful."

"Well, I'm not. considering that I've been chained to this bed frame for the past two days. And have been the subject of many of your lewd perversions and constant death threats towards my well-being." he said, while letting his fingers tap on the solid edges of the bed frame, creathing a rhythmic pattern. "And with these two days, I've spent the time filling it with thinking of every possible way on killing you, there are about 143 ways to go about it, but alas. I don't have any equipment nor the help of the Inquiry to do so, which makes me weep tears of saddness, boo hoo." as he said the last part, Wesley then balled up his hands and moved them near his cheeks and moved it in a hald-circular motion, as if to sarcasticaly imitate his "saddness" he stops after a few seconds and carries on with the conversation

"Anyways, I'm just waiting for when The Inquiry is going to bust me and Valeria out of this prison. but for now, since you're here. you probably want something from me. So, what would it be this time? Sex? more death threats?..."

"...Sex?" he said deadpannedly

Aleister's words of advice fell on deaf ears. Mariette was plainly fixated on the task at hand, and she shook her head dismissively, muttering under her breath about "parasites." She took a long, tired look at the establishment Aleister was referencing. "That will do," she grumbled, walking toward the entrance.

"You can only get in so far, mademoiselle" Theodore spoke to Galina before turning back to Ethraeil

"Well two ideas." Theodore began "As you can see, I'm dressed rather appropriate for the festivities. And I do have some experimental equipment I've worked for these situations for personal and fellow inquisitorial use" The professor flicked his hand and a small flame emerged from his wrist. Another move and that flame went away quickly. "I can easily pass as a street performer. And you can be part of the act. An automaton dressed up to look frightening, but harmless as long as nobody gets nosy enough to touch. We go, we perform a scene, you 'break down' and I take you into an alley with a manhole and you can enter without being disturbed."

"The second is me carrying your bones inside a bag and unceremoniously dump them in the sewer. The first option has the benefit of you keeping your armor at least."

Camille continued to grow more curious over Mariette's downtrodden behavior, yet she said nothing about it as she walked off to the entrance. "With the two of your supernatural abilities I suppose I am mainly here for moral support at this point. C'est la vie." she adds with a roll of her shoulders, following after the Countess with a relaxed pace.

"Whatever you all decide, it must be done quickly. The Duke might be waiting until after the festival is over to execute Witlock, if he hasn't done so already. For now, I have to take my leave." said Winchester finally, glancing over to Masami. "Good luck. Like I said, I'll see that word gets to the mainland." He then tipped his hat to them, much like a cowboy, before turning and walking back over to where his wife was standing.

"It was a pleasure to meet you all." said Masami, bowing deeply to the group. Tariun returned the bow. "As always, it was a pleasure having you two. Have a safe journey back to Shioya." she responded. A moment later, Masami and Winchester turned about and departed. Stepping out the door and past the windows down the street towards the docks.

Rosanna watched them leave, before looking back to the others. "Well, I'm gonna get our stuff put in our rooms. Jake, help me get the luggage upstairs. Third floor, towards the front of the buildin'."

-----------------------------------------------------
"Anyways, I'm just waiting for when The Inquiry is going to bust me and Valeria out of this prison. but for now, since you're here. you probably want something from me. So, what would it be this time? Sex? more death threats?...Sex?"

As Wesley finished and waited, he noticed after a few moments that there were no comebacks. No giggling or crazed laughter. No threats of death, or movement to crawl into bed. Cassandra was silent. The look on her was one of shock, her eyes wide and the grin she had worn now gone. Tears began to well up, before running down her face. Reaching her chin, they simply dripped off and hit the floor.

Eventually, she dropped the empty vial in her hand. It shattered as hit the floor, but she didn't seem to care. She turned about quietly, walking over to a nearby wooden chair. She bent over once she reached it, reaching down and grabbing one of the chair legs. A moment later, she snapped it off with one sharp jerk. What came next was a blur of movement, before an intense pain ripped through Wesley's chest.

She had taken the wooden chair leg and shoved it through his heart like a stake.

Utterly paralyzed now, he could do nothing but simply watch and listen. Cassandra straightened up next to him, before strolling across the room back to the door across from the bed. She cracked it open, before speaking again. "You two, come here." she said, speaking to someone outside. A few moments later, two soldiers stepped into the room with her. Atracan troops, well dressed and carrying bolt-action rifles. "Take him to where the Inquisitor is being held, and toss him in a cell. Do not remove the stake."

The soldiers nodded, before strolling over to where Wesley was chained up. They began to unchain him from the bed, as Cassandra walked over and stood at the end of the bed. Her expression was blank now, the tears had stopped yet she hadn't wiped her face. Once the chains were undone, the men lifted him off the bed and carried him out of the room. Cassandra didn't follow. She simply stood there, staring down at the bed where Wesley had been.

After a few minutes of silence and stillness, a grin creeped across her face.

"Say, Theodore... how many explosives can you make?" Ethraeil asked inquisitively. "We might be able to make a distraction without having to risk anyone as bait."

"A sizeable explosion should be enough to draw many guards and men away from the estate. We can use the sewers beneath, and I can weaken the floors to allow us an entry into the estate's lower levels. I believe this may be our course of action." Ethraeil spoke with a new confidence. "With enough luck, we'll find the sword, Valeria, and Wesley almost all in one stroke before they even know it."

"There is one issue with that plan. Collateral damage. I can produce something, but we must pick a target carefully. I'd rather we minimize the harm to those innocent."

"Most of the townsfolk will be at the festival, so a target away from both the estate and the crowds would be viable. We need a map of the city to plan this out."

"Moral support is oft overlooked but necessary," Aleister grins, glancing at Camille and following the two ladies as they approached the lively cafe. The interior showed signs that it was an older building with some newer renovations. The high ceiling was crisscrossed with sturdy cut lumber beams, in which new gaslamp fixtures had been attached to, connected together by thin pipes. Both walls were crowded with tables, occupants squeezing in to fit in the narrow but long room. Against one wall was a small, square bar countertop that looked like a bunker; the overhead cabinets were filled with overhanging glassware and liqueur on display. Most seats were available here, as at this time of day, many were still drinking coffee rather than harder beverages. Proudly displayed on the wall opposite the bar was a plethora of paraphernalia and trinkets, with the prized item being what appeared to be a plumed cavalry morion that had long since seen better days. It was wrapped in faded, dark purple cloth, and the red feather was threadbare.

Clustered near the back of the cafe were about a dozen soldiers, crowded about their small tables under dim lights near the back door leading to what appeared to be a tiny kitchen. The majority were garrison regulars, their uniforms well kept but clearly in a relaxed state. Top buttons undone, collars open, or jackets off entirely and hanged over the back of chairs. Older rifles were neatly lined up along the wall behind them, and these men were in the midst of a card game. An inquisitive eye would note that all these men seemed to be grunts, aside from a corporal smoking a pipe.

Four soft and mild vampiric auras were emanating from the table beside them. These were the prize targets. Four men in sharp, pristine uniforms sat together, enjoying hot drinks and talking among themselves with little care for the more slovenly garrison troops beside them. Two of them were clearly officers, while the other two were lower noncomissioned officers, yet dining with their superiors without much concern. They were clearly better armed and presumably better trained, with bolt-action rifles leaned against an empty chair, and semiautomatic pistols resting on their hips. These were undoubtedly men who belonged to Major Archer and the ones in charge.

Aleister nodded towards a tall open table between the bar and the troops, far enough away from the latter that there was no concern of being overheard or particularly noticed. No matter where they went, his own aura would be visible to them, as well as Mariette's if unconcealed. It was better to appear casual in his case than attempt to hide from them and draw questions.

"It seems we found some gentlemen," Aleister said simply, pulling down his hood and keeping his side to the gathering of soldiers so that he could occasionally look at them without seeming out of place. A barmaid or two would flutter past, and there were a couple patrons seated between them and the soldiers.

"The question is, how shall we approach this. I'm sure we can wait a bit and go after who we can, or we can attempt a more proactive attempt. Its been a while since I've truly worked my charm. And I don't simply mean my good looks and manners, but my more... supernaturally attuned charm. I consider it cheating but in this case that is of no concern."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back