• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Aleister nodded to the two vicious women. "I suppose I can handle the undead with Camille, if she wishes to join. My magic should handle them without myself needing to get my hands filthy. Ach," he grimaced, "absolutely disgusting. I will not have rotten... bits and meat on me. Thank the gods for divine casting. I can rebuke them as I go, and you, Marquess, can easily finish them in their stupor."

He glanced around for an easy way off the wall and down to the street below. "Countess, I'm sure there are plenty of guards for you to sate your desires on. But try not to get too carried away and get too deep into the city."

Camille nods her head when she was more or less told to go along with Aleister, her gaze having gone back to the city's ruins for the moment. "Yes, I do think we'll do well to give them a proper exit." she stated rather simply, starting to put away her daggers before reaching behind her cloak. Right next to her wooden steak was a hatchet on her belt, which she held in her offhand before giving it a light toss to flip her grip to brandish the blunt end. It was hard to tell if all of those shambling monstrosities below were just zombies or if there were skeletons mixed in as well, and the huntress was not the type to be ill-prepared.

Next to Aleister, the Marquess readied herself for a climb downward. At the very least going down often proved less intensive than going up, for better or for worse. "I will be sure my stabs will keep you clean as well, Aleister." she added only somewhat snidely.

"That would be most appreciated, Marquess. Unless you wish to shower yourself in rancid flesh as well. Do keep it clean," Aleister replied languorously, not rising to her snide tone and sounding rather tired at the prospect of this work. "I positively detest this filthiness."

After a moment of searching, he pointed out a wooden stairway that led down the wall and to the street below. It looked somewhat rickety and the brown wooden planks were chipped in some locations. They had been weathered thoroughly by the elements. He gingerly placed his foot on the first step. It creaked, but the entire thing was in a good enough state that it had to have been fine. It looked like it still saw some use.

"We can go down this way I believe. The dark should shield us. Let us be off, then."

As more of the undead came towards the sound of banging, movement, and talking, Sergey dispatched them as soon as any got close. He was slightly startled when they began rising from the water next to them, something they should have seen coming, but his worries were quickly frozen over like the muck itself thanks the lich. He gave the skeleton a thankful nod, before cracking in the skulls of those frozen or having trouble moving right next to him. They skulls cracked easily against the steel handle of his knife, and luckily he had strong protective gloves on so the fractured bone and flesh wouldn't scratch him, risking infection.

He looked up as more undead were coming towards them and Galina and Rosanna were dispatching them with ease. A smile spread across his face, watching the pair make quick work until he heard a growl behind him. The constable, Jakob, was kneeling over in pain, viciously attacking an early diseased corpse. He's turning.

"Jakob!" Sergey exclaimed as he rushed over and helped the man to his feet, "fight it, we can't have you turn on us in here. Calm down, breath, channel and bury that energy down. Keep focused. At least until were out of these sewers then you can go to town up there. Keep it together soldier!"

Jakob glared at the Tsavanian doctor, his eyes shifting between the glowing yellow and his human brown eyes. He continued to breathe heavily, but then gave the doctor a smile and thumbs up. "This soldier ain't leaving yet." he said, with a faint growl. "L-like I said, don't worry...I'll be fine. I just need to...calm down. Thank you, doctor." he said, his eyes finally staying normal. He looked to Valeria. "M-Ma'am, lead them out of here. I'll just slow you down at the moment...I'll join you as soon as I'm calm." He then gave her a smile and salute.

Valeria looked back to Jakob, a look of worry adorning her face. "No, you're not staying here alone. Rosanna, stay with him. We can deal with the zombies and skeletons ahead." she said, looking back to Rosanna. Rosanna nodded. "Got it, boss." she said, before walking back to where Jakob was. "I'm here, Jake. Don't worry. Tell me more 'bout your family. How 'bout your sister? You said she was a hunter, right?" she said, giving him a smile and trying to take his mind off shifting. Meanwhile, Valeria looked back towards the others, and motioned forwards.

The journey through the sewer was a bit slow, but thankfully Ethraeil's ice and flaming form helped. Zombies and skeletons were eliminated one by one, and the exit got ever closer. Eventually, they reached it. "Alright. Erwin, climb up and take a peek. Just a quick one, so we don't get noticed." said Valeria, patting the base of the ladder up to the street.

------

The trip down from the wall went quietly, as the trio descended down to the street next to what appeared to be a tailor's shop. There appeared to be two zombies just inside. What was left of the shop keepers. More zombies filled the streets, as well as what appeared to be a skeleton nearby. With a battle axe. Necromancy?

The smell of burning and decaying flesh didn't help matters. A portion of the city was burning, and zombies were likely wandering mindlessly into the flames. Still, they'd have to bear through it. There were three guards ahead, in the street on patrol. Looking through the buildings for any signs of actual life and not undead. All three seemed to have simple revolvers. Easy enough to eliminate.

Last edited:
Jakob looked at Valeria's expression, a face of actual worry, and he couldn't help but smile. She truly cares for everyone. Rosanna then approached and asked about his family. He couldn't help but let out a pained chuckle. "Mary-Beth is...h-hah, she's a wild ride. E-ever since she was a lil' minnow, she was already pickin' fights with big boys, and screamin' c-curses at the local priest for sayin' the Baroness didn't exist..." He then stared at Rose for a second, probably seeing some confusion in her eyes. "...T-The baroness is the house god of the swamp folk...my sister still caries on my mum's traditions...I'm more like my dad." Jakob's breathing was getting calmer as he spoke. "My family...oh gods, Rose, what the hell am I supposed to do? W-What will I tell Lucy? What will Cecil do? I...I'm scared of not only losing myself, but also my will to live! My family is everything I have left."

"Jake, yer not gonna lose 'em. Cecil loves you, and your daughter does too. I can feel it in my heart that they'll stay right by your side through it all. You tell 'em the truth, and they'll still love you." said Rosanna, with a smile. "You use that gift or curse of yours to protect 'em. Protect your family and your friends. You got it, so use it for good. Havin' a curse don't change you if you don't let it. I mean, look at me. I'm the headless horsewoman, and I'm still the same gal I was before. I may worry myself to death at times, but I'm still gonna do my best and stick to my guns." She then gave Jakob a pat on the shoulder. "I'll be right here with ya, buddy."

"What you can do...is learn to accept it, and control it." "You use that gift or curse of yours to protect 'em." The voice of Thiasis and Rosanna echoed in his mind. Can he really control it? The hunger, the need to transform into an animal? During the war, Jakob saw the toughest of men succumb to the curse of the beast after being bitten by the Tsavanian creatures. But the words that Rosanna spoke made him realize that he now had a chance to protect others. He might be cursed, but he'd be able to protect his family and friends. Jakob looked at Rosanna for a few moments. He couldn't help but begin to cry a bit. Her words had touched him deep. He was finally calm, and it was now up to him to find peace with his curse. But before he said anything, he straightened up and gave Rosanna a big hug. "Thank you, sister..." he said, with a warm tone to his voice. A few seconds later, he let go. "Thank you for being who you are, Rosanna McFadden." He wiped the tears from his face. "Lets catch up to the others. We have to help our friends." he said, a big smile adorning his face.

Erwin sheathed his knife and pushed his baldric back slightly, so that it would not rattle terribly as he climbed up the ladder. He thought about Jakob as he climbed. If that man looked like that now, how was he even going to control himself when he actually turned for the first time? He shook the thought out of his mind, yet it gnawed still.
Approaching the grate in the street, he could see the flames dancing through the ladder passage as something was burning on the surface.
Erwin carefully lifted it and peaked out, looking to spot anything that he might relay to the rest of the group.

Camille stepped down the rickety steps with a surprising amount of silence, her extreme nimbleness once more on display as they made their way down. Of course she had to go considerably slower as a result, but it was a price she was willing to pay to avoid being spotted by undead or soldier alike. Seeing the men carrying revolvers got her to sigh, opting to holster the hatchet she had just taken out to exchange for a few more quills. With one hand she was quick enough to throw two accurately, though the third would prove to be troublesome to get the right blend of speed while being on target. Regardless her left hand brandished her throwing daggers the same as before, and she cut Aleister a look as they crept closer to the armed men.

They took shelter around some barrels and crates that had surprisingly not caught fire in the chaos of the city, and she stared intently at their targets before hatching out a plan. "I can kill the two flanking the one in the middle, but I would need precious seconds to get the third. I do not toy around with such seconds when they hold firearms." she stated. "Go for him as I dispatch the others, compris?"

Last edited:
Sergey gave Jakob a pat on the back, before being ordered to move out by Valeria. He really hoped the constable will pull through and control it. He's seen many fall, and many times he had to put them down himself. It's nothing more than a tiresome chore, and in this particular case, not one he welcomed. The constable seemed nice and genuine enough, it would be a shame for them lose an ally. He wiped his knife on his pants and kept moving forward with the group, dispatching zombies and skeletons alike as they moved through the disgusting sewers. After awhile he couldn't wait to get out, the stench started to penetrate even his mouth cover.

Luckily enough, they came to a ladder that led up to an exit, probably somewhere in an alley. Erwin climbed up and pushed the grate aside to get a better look, as Sergey looked behind them keeping guard. Hopefully it was Jakob and Rose coming from that end and not more undead. "What you see up there, is the coast clear?" He asked, directed up at Erwin.

Last edited:
Wesley nodded his head towards the twins as they bowed.

"Welsey Wilch. Nice to meet you both." he sightly cringes when he thought about his cooperating manner even thought he is considered an enemy to them.

he erased that thought for a bit and then tuned his gaze towards Cassandra with an unknowing expression on his face.

"Cassandra, may I ask why are they here and where are you taking me?"

Last edited:
Erwin poked his head up, peering under the lip of the manhole cover. There was indeed something burning nearby. What appeared to be an old shop of some sort. There were several zombies nearby, and down at the end of the street were three guards patrolling about. If they were going to climb out of the sewers, they'd need to be quick about it. The guards were facing away from them, but it was only a matter of time before they turned around.

Jakob and Rosanna eventually met back up with the group below, Rosanna explaining that Jakob was alright now. Now was the time to move. And quickly.

------

"Well, I told you. I wanted them to meet you. As for where we're going, we're going to Peltragow! But we'll be stopping a few times along the way, since you can't be caught out in the daylight." said Cassandra, before leaning up and giving him a kiss on the cheek. "I'll also get to train you a bit while we go! So you'll know how to be a proper vampire just like me!"

"Well, aren't you giddy, Cassie?" said Tarja, to which Rayne followed quickly behind with "Its so sweet that its almost sickening." Cassandra cut them a look. "You really don't know how long I've waited for something like this, you two. Now, lets get going!" The twins simply nodded, before strolling over and slipping onto their paint horses. Meanwhile, Cassandra lead Wesley over, and both climbed on to her own. "You can scoot forward, you know...I don't mind!" she said, taking note of how far back in the saddle he was sitting away from her.

Wesley looked down and noticed how far he sat away from Cassandra. he faintly blushes from her observation and decides to scoot more towards her.

"U-uh yeah. my bad... um. if you feel any tired or what not. just tell me so I can takeover for you. Y-y'know? I wouldn't mind you dozing off."

Last edited:
Aleister crouched low alongside Camille, watching the guards closely. Dealing with men who bore guns was not as terrifying for him as it would be for others like the Marquess, but getting shot would still tear a hole through his clothing - a most displeasing situation should that occur. He was prepared to take out the two of them before Camille requested he only take out the sole remainder. She was brandishing her throwing knives.

"Of course. This is no matter. When I move, do as you will." When she was ready, he nodded to her and took off incredibly fast towards his target, hoping Camille's throw for her sake would eliminate the other two. He bounded down on his victim with the intent to simply tear the man's throat apart with both hands.

The huntress gave a quick nod as she took a breath to steady herself, immediately darting out of cover in tandem with her vampiric ally. In a split second she threw one quill as it tore through the air, hitting the exposed neck of her target and plunging deep. The second guard met the same fate, their windpipes opened with holes the size of small coins, left to gurgle and choke on their own blood.

Surveying the area after Aleister made his kill, she went over to the corpses and retrieved those valuable quills. The blood was cleaned off on her legs as per usual, the matter of getting her clothing dirtied not as terrible of a fate as Aleister envisioned. Had they alerted the horde with this commotion? They would need to find the others quickly, and once more she changed out her quills for her hatchet.

Erwin eyed the scene with reservation. It was a positively dire situation they were forced into. He motioned with his hand for the group to ascend the ladder before making his way out of the manhole.
Quickly he darted behind a stack of barrels on the opposite side of the street that had no caught fire yet and hid behind them. The guards seemed to be unfazed by the undead, most likely protected by some dark magics or alchemy. Damn. With the living and the dead allied by forces unknown, moving forward was going to require all the finesse and skill the group could muster.

Following after Erwin, Theodore climbed up the ladder. The guards were still turned as he hurried behind cover. The undead hadn't noticed them yet and the guards seemed uninterested in dispatching them. Whoever was controlling the dead must have hired some living muscle to go along with it and has given them protection against the undead. Previous cases he's examined involved wards or talismans. If they secured some, it would make traversing the city easier.

But now they needed to pass by those guards. An empty bombshell would make enough sound to distract them, but would capture the undead's attention. The shambling corpses being much slower would take longer to clear off the street. But if he were to switch a few components, it would now be a smoke bomb.

Aleister licked his hands clean once the killing was concluded, and he glanced around at the area. "We need to find where our friends will be arriving from... and deal with whatever undead we can. I think we've escaped their notice for the moment but I don't imagine this will last long, Marquess."

He glanced back at the two bodies Camille had slain, and was a little impressed at her throwing ability. He didn't think he had the aim for that.

Mariette had been content with the other two handling the guards. Even if they speak to each other as if I'm not around, they heeded my advice at least, she thought as she watched them dispatch the guards. She quietly gave a wry smile. Maybe they just had to prove to themselves that they could get by without me. But now Aleister raised a rather good point, and that was that they weren't exactly sure of where the rest of the group would be exiting the sewers. Even more poignantly, it was true that the city was in far, far worse shape than they had expected and that with little normalcy for the Inquisitors to blend in with, avoiding detection would soon be practically impossible. "Perhaps I could create a diversion, then?" she said to them. "I could move myself to the opposite side of the city and create such a ruckus that the enemy would commit all of its resources to stopping me... and then you all could catch up and ambush them from behind."

Jakob and Rosanna rejoined the party as they were climbing the ladder to the surface. Erwin went ahead, scouting for everyone, and was soon followed by Theodore. Jakob then looked to Valeria and Rosanna. "Okay, you girls go ahead." he said, while looking to the ladder. He glanced over and noticed that Valeria was giving him a bit of a glare, to which he simply answered with "...what?" It took him a moment to realize what was the matter. "Oh, for Gyasis sake...you know I w--Fine, I'll go ahead." he said, before grabbing the rusted ladder and climbing up the manhole until he could poke his head up. He saw Erwin and Theodore taking cover, and remaining out of the sight of soldiers who were surprisingly not being attacked by undead in the area. "H-Hm..." He quickly climbed out and moved towards Erwin, taking cover next to him. He then whispered to his friend, a bit worried. "...If we even dared to call their attention, we'd be alerting every single hired gun and zombie in Porthcrawl....what do we do?"

"We either distract them with something, risking alerting the zombies on us s well, or we can throw one of these." Theodore showed the modification he was working on "Smoke bombs, makes a light sound, but will fill the air and obstruct their vision."

Erwin eyed the guards vigilantly.
"We should just wait and take out the guards to prevent them sounding the alarm. We'll be able to deal with theose maggot heads seperatly, without causing to much of ruckus."

"If you say so. But the more we delay, the harder it would be if the necromancers are having the freedom to do their magic as they seem to be."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back