• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Chiron managed to find himself a secluded table to eat at quick enough. After all being a relative fan favorite in the arena did earn him a few little perks not listed along with amenities like his own private room. Many waitstaff at the menagerie of restaurants lining the halls of Heaven's arena would often give their more desirable table to competitors, allowing them to eat away from any prying eyes of fans or fellow fighters alike. Besides, Chiron had earned a reputation for his black pit of a stomach as well as his generous tipping habits making him the ideal customers.
Of course the young nen user went on to prove those rumors twice, ordering enough food for four of a man his size to have their fill however much to his waitress's amazement and mild disgust he polished off just about every dish he was brought, the only thing left being little piles of ingredients he didn't care for like bell peppers.
His meal was completed in under an hour, right on schedule for his next match, and now with his stomach full he felt a bit more energized despite his lack of sleep from the prior night being spent pouring over his late senior hunter's work.
He was brought his check swiftly and of course, like always, wrote in a hefty tip, not caring for monetary gains much when compared to that of true knowledge; and then he headed out, shoving his hands deep into his overall pockets as he walked towards the main arena.

It wasn't very far of a walk, however after being stopped a few times by a couple of fans that he'd garnered during his time he was running late. And by the time he reached the door to the stadium the doors were already closed with a couple of security guards standing sternly in front of them. They gave Chiron a bit of a hard time about not opening the doors after a match has started but with enough bribery and waving of his competitor's badge they finally allowed him inside. For a moment the small male looked over the vast room full of cheering onlookers, his chest tight as his anxiety picked up, but with a deep breath he steadied himself- this was for Cordelia Schmidt and all the other lives that had been taken so far. He didn't have time to get nervous and chicken out. He gave a firm nod to no one in particular and started down the mountain of stairs towards the front few rows where he knew other competitors would be likely to be seated, waiting for their turn to fight- luckily enough he hadn't been chosen first, giving him the time necessary to actual make his way here.

However as he made his way down the stairs he began to get. . .distracted first by the ginormous names displayed above the arena and secondly by a familiar figure he saw as he looked back down to the rows of seats near the edge of the arena. Was that. . .? Could it really be? As he squinted to get a better look, travelling a bit faster down the stares she came into focus. Chiara, likely the sole reason he passed the exam in the first place. She was here in the flesh and finally he had a chance to thank her. A chance to repay her, to celebrate her and most of all apologize he couldn't find her sooner.
Before he knew it his brain has already sent off the signal for him to break into a light jog down the stairs, taking the landings in between the flights of steps in a single bound. Which with his clumsy streak was bound for disaster. "Chiara! Chiara!! You're here! You're really actually here! I tried to look for!-" He was cut off, his voice catching in his throat as he missed a step and tumbled forward down the steep slope, there was no reprieve from his fall until the very bottom of the stairs where, carried by his own momentum, he crashed right into something. . . soft? He groaned in pain for a moment before slowly lifting his head up, only to be met with the face of the woman he'd been calling looking down at his own scraped and bloody one, his nose flooding over his lip and chin. "Ch-chiara. . .you're . . .here." He managed before flopping his head down again, right where it'd been before as in his dazed state he truly believed perhaps this might just be a dream, and if he closed his eyes again he'd awake.

Match 1
Time: 8:05 pm
Mention: Audacious Minacious Audacious Minacious Peckinou Peckinou

The deafening roar of the crowd grew steadily in volume as the combatants took to opposite ends of the concrete battle arena. Bright floodlights shone down on the stage revealing it every feature from slight cracks in the stone to blood stains and missing teeth scattered about the arena. In the center of the arena, a plain-looking man dressed in the Heaven Arenas uniform stood ready. He would act as the referee awarding points to each pair as they engaged in combat. When the referee felt like he had waited long enough he raised a single hand and on cue, the arena’s crowd grew quiet as he began to read the rules like he did every match.

latest

“Welcome combatants!” the referee announced in a monotone voice.

“Please stand by as I go over the rules once more. Victory in Heavens Arena is decided by Knockout, Technical Knockout, or Points! One point will be awarded for a clean hit! Two points for a critical hit and one additional point is awarded for every time a combatant knocks an opponent down to the ground! Once a team gets 10 points, they will win by TKO just like in a singles match! Aside from these rules, anything goes as long you stay within the arena. In just a second I will give the signal to begin the match,” the referee finished as he raised a second hand into the air.

Meanwhile, on one end of the arena, the suavely dressed Jax glared down at the shorter Penny who was eyeing her opponents on the opposite side of the stage.

“Stick to the plan and this will all be over in a manner of seconds,” he commanded cooly as he adjusted a silver watch on his wrist.

Penny shifted her gaze to Jax as he addressed her. Her scowl shifted into a snakish smile as she reached down into her pocket and began unwrapping a Tootipop.

“Yea yea I heard you’re big brain plan,” she replied sarcastically as she stuck the bright green sucker in her mouth, “but if this shit goes sideways I’m doing things my way.”

At that moment the referee brought both of his hands down signaling the start of the match followed by the crowd breaking their silence once again. Almost in sync Jax and Penny dashed from their positions both of their gazes fixed on Zephyr with deadly intent.

Over the speakers Cocco’s voice came to life, “AND THE MATCH HAS BEGUN!!!”

Photo.png

Luc watched the start of the match in front of his TV. And after a while he noticed that one of the fighters was no stranger to him.
He had already seen this white-haired girl, but he could not remember where he had met her.
After a while, he managed to find out where they had met.
The 287 exam of the hunter.
Luc did not come to the end of the tests that year, but knowing that he had not reviewed her in 288, he supposed that she had succeeded the exam this year. Especially since if she had managed to reach the floor 200 of the Heaven Tour, she was because she had surely developed her nen.
Even if he did not really know this girl, having already seen her was enough for Luc to choose a camp to support. At first, he only watched the fight to observe the average level of the fighters, but now he had some preference for the duo Valsia belonged to.

Last edited:
1574820530783.png
Valsia Auditor
Interaction: Audacious Minacious Audacious Minacious Brendanfp Brendanfp
Valsia stared at their opponents and when the match finally began she noticed how they imminently rushed for Zephyr,her first thought was that they were likely trying to take them out one at a time or pick the easiest target to rack up points on. Although they would have to be aware of the fact that she was likely not going to stand around while they teamed up on Zephyr, well she actully could do that and wait for a opening before striking at them but the fact that Zephyr said they were only going to be able to take on one opponent at best, and who knows how long he will be able to last against two. Valsia then thought about rushing the other girl to attack but that would likely either result in a counter or for the other guy to redirect their charge at her so that they could team against her. The safest course of action would likely be to get in front of Zephyr and use her lantern to blind everyone so that she can quickly counter and attack them but that trick would only work once against them but it was indeed the safest course of action that would leave them unable to be countered and able to score a hit against them. It didn't take long for her to jump in front of Zephyr and she help out her lantern and quickly said to Zephyr, "eyes closed, prepare to attack." and without even looking at him or waiting she let her lantern glow a bright blue light in order to temporary disorient anyone looking their way, although their is a chance it could also effect her partner if he was too slow to do as they say but never the less and they imminently rushed towards the girl in order to land a direct kick to them letting her nen flow through herself to help increase her kicks power.​

Winnifred (Winnie) Foster
screen-1.jpg

Winnie didn’t close her book until the lights briefly dimmed and the cheers of the crowd rose. She’d been so entrenched in her novel that she nearly missed the start of the match. Attention lasered onto the arena stage, Winnie blinked when unfamiliar names were called. Had she gotten the wrong information? Were they scheduled to fight on a different day?

No. The announcer said matchups were random. There was a chance they could be called to next…once the current match concluded.

Pushing up her glasses, Winnie tucked the book under her arm and leaned back to enjoy the match. The chatter around the audience seat didn’t really faze her. Winnie had no interest in them…at least until she heard a familiar voice.

Glancing from the corner of her eyes, the redhead noticed that Chiara had bumped into someone. Someone called Bugs. Odd name. Though, Winnie was less focused on the name and more on the ensuing reply. Amazon? Big Freaking Clutz? Winnie frowned. Even if she didn’t know Chiara Talise that well, since the other girl failed the 289th exam, she didn’t like hearing an old acquaintance get insulted either. Then, as if on cue, Chiron Hazelette tumbled down the stairs. Winnie instinctively got on her feet, though she was too late to assist. Seemed the two had kept in contact since then. No surprise really as the two had seemed close even during the Hunter Exam…though she hadn’t known they were that close. Winnie’s eyes rolled as the dazed boy kept his head plastered on Chiara’s breasts.

Seemed some things never changed.

Winnie approached the four who appeared to have taken on the same job posting she had. “Rewards come in all shapes and sizes.”

Revenge was probably the primary reason she’d accepted the job, though removing the Hunter Hunter threat was also a nice bonus. It wasn’t really something to mention to her future co-workers so she didn’t bother. Especially not to the ‘Bugs’ guy who she was growing to dislike with every word he uttered. Money wasn’t everything. She was tempted to ask Mr. Bugs why he’d taken the job then, but wasn’t in the mood to pick a fight. Instead Winnie turned to Chiara and Chiron who were the main reason she was still in the audience seat. “It’s been a while. I heard you guys would be fighting here, so I came to wish you well. Both of you~”

But now that she knew they were both here for the 200th floor, she wondered which of them would make it first. Only the winners could advance after all…

soggyparadise soggyparadise cinnabuns cinnabuns CactusJuice CactusJuice ABetterNickname ABetterNickname

Zephyr
Interactions: Peckinou Peckinou Brendanfp Brendanfp

Zephyr gaped at the two opponents as they suddenly charged at him. Him? Well, of course- he did look weak. He'd be shocked if they went for Valsia, she would probably be able to take them both on at the same time... This was bad. Very, very bad. He was almost positive that he was done for... until he saw the blur that was his partner.

When she suddenly ran in front of him, he immediately took the advice, squeezing his remaining eye shut. He could see the flash of some sort of bright night from behind his eyelid, quickly opening his eye again once it seemed to be over. He was relieved to see that their partners seemed to be stunned for at least a moment. Then he could get in at least one attack...

He grabbed his throwing knives from his bag, throwing them towards the male opponent in hopes to land some sort of hit. He was usually pretty good at aiming, but his depth perception was a big problem in that department. He backed up a bit, ready to throw another couple of knives if he needed to. They were useful weapons, and he was relieved they were allowed to have weapons. If not... he didn't know what he would do.

"First the Hunter exam. Now Heaven's Arena and the Hunter Hunter?"
"Hm. I guess things are going a little bit fast but anyway..." "You got a death wish or something you freaking little idio-" - Trevon got interrupted
“Oh, hiya, Bugs. It's good to see you. Sorry again. What brings you here? A mysterious notice, perhaps?”

That got Marín's attention, and she looked back, happy to see another familiar face.
"Chiara! You're here too, hm? Wow it does look like it's gonna be easy, i don't know who would be able to hide from all of us! Hahaha... hm?"

Something caught her attention, someone stumbling through the stairs. That got Marín very curious, so she pointed at him, asking while looking at her friends from the exam.
"Who's this? Chiara do you know this one? He doesn't look very strong... Erm.. sorry..." - She just let that slip, but became embarrassed by it and had no intention to offend him. What else could he expect from that entrance, though? Feeling bad about it, she picked something from her bag, giving to Chiron a small piece of white and black chocolate handmade candy. - "Take this, i hope it will make you feel better, i made it myself! My name is Marín, i was in the last exam, alongside with Chiara, Trevon and a few others.. Nice to meet you!"

Soon, someone else approached.
“Rewards come in all shapes and sizes.”
"Ah... ... hm... eh... .... What do you mean by that?" - The thought about she being the smallest around there went just over her head.

“It’s been a while. I heard you guys would be fighting here, so I came to wish you well. Both of you~”
"Hm? Another one? Well thats a bit of an overkill, i mean, we already have Trevon, and Chiara, they are amazing hunters!" - She looked back at the arena - "And of course, we have Zephyr! He is... useful! How hard can it be to find this person? I don't know about the rest of you though... are you guys strong? Uh... im giving a bad first impression... Here!" - She quickly picked another piece of the same candy as the one she gave to Chiron, however, this time she would try to test this woman in front of her. Marín tried to surprise Winnie throwing the candy at her and testing her reaction time, and also giving the girl a taste of Marín's own strength. - "I'm Marín, nice to meet you!"

She turned her eyes back to the arena. Looking at it , Marín smiled with her eyes fixed on the match. She was smiling, with her eyes giving away a certain tension, just as she was thinking about who would that be. Actually, she was full of enthusiasm for it.
"I want to find the person responsible for it..." - She thought.
"I'll soon show you guys what i've been learning all this time. I'm not joking! I trained a lot in this meantime. Me and other Gourmet hunters went on a mission and we face a bunch of delicious monsters, i learned a lot from the hunters!"

"Uuuugh... This is taking too long! Trevoooon! Chiaraaaa! I wanna fight! Do you guys know that girl in the arena? Is she strong? Is this gonna take long?"
- It was a barrage of question like the ones you get from a kid who ate a lot of candy. - "Is it over yet? Hm... eh? Hey!" - Paying attention at the fight, she was looking at the light when Valsia used her lantern. Predicting something weird, Marín turned her head to the right and covered her eyes. - "What the hell is that?!"

CactusJuice CactusJuice soggyparadise soggyparadise cinnabuns cinnabuns QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Last edited:
1e2e6f3840fbeacd33f790b301654bf5.jpg

b645381a552ea695e2a1855bf92ce2e6.png

"Ah, so it's the Amazon from the Hunter Exam. No wonder you didn't see me."

Trevon pulled his arm away, but Chiara's grin continued to stay on her face. It seemed like he hadn't changed in the slightest, and for Chiara, she believed that was a good thing. She kinda hated it when people changed their behavior. Chiara ran a hand through her hair as Trevon gave her an annoyed look and rubbed the back of his head. He was still the same Trevon, and she appreciated that. He proved that when he continued talking but looked away from her.

"You know, if you hadn't just nearly laid me out I might have actually said it's nice to see you again . . . you big freaking klutz."

"You know, you technically just said it was nice to see me again...." Chiara let out a chuckle before she spoke once more. "It's really good to see you too, Trevon. Nice to see a friend still around in these uh. Trying hunter times."

As Trevon turned to Marín, Chiara did the same. It was really nice seeing the younger girl, as well.

"Chiara! You're here too, hm? Wow it does look like it's gonna be easy, I don't know who would be able to hide from all of us! Hahaha... hm?"

"Well it looks like we're all here for the same thing. But I can't believe the two of you were actually stupid enough to go after this job. If you had any common sense, you'd go for something safer with an actual reward."

That sounded like he cared for a second there. Chiara was about to respond, but something had gotten Marín's attention, and suddenly, Chiara could hear it as well...was something calling her name?

"Chiara! Chiara!! You're here! You're really actually here! I tried to look for!-"

Oh, speaking of klutzes. Chiara turned to the sound of the voice, and was kind of excited to see Chiron, a boy she'd partnered with in the 289th exam. She'd wondered how he was doing, and now she would get the answer to her question. Or so she thought, and then, true to his nature, the boy tripped down the stairs.

"Oh, shit--" Chiara moved quickly with resignation in her voice, moving a bit closer to the bottom of the stairs before steadying herself for the impact. Chiron continued down the stairs before he collided with her, face in her chest, and they moved back a bit due to the force. "--Ow. Hey, buddy."

Chiara met eyes with Chiron, who seemed to have busted his nose when he hit her. Oh, poor thing. He lacked a bit of physical strength, and along with the klutzy behavior he tended to exhibit...none of this was a surprise to her. She offered him a small smile as he spoke.

"Ch-chiara. . .you're . . .here."

And then, a moment after, his face fell back into her chest.

Chiara sighed, mostly out of relief, when she realized the boy was only hurt from his nose. She looked up, catching eyes with a woman and her two associates, higher up in the crowd. She'd never seen them, before...but she had a feeling that woman was here for the same reason they all were. She continued to look and met eyes with...Damian? And Edgar was there, too. It surprised her how many people she could pinpoint from this crowd, but it was fine. It reminded her of how it was like, under the circus tent. Bunches of people, all elated to see a performance. So, this was it. A good amount of people, some she knew, wanting to find this hunter that was hunting hunters.

“Rewards come in all shapes and sizes.”

Speaking of! Yet another person she knew. Chiara looked away from the crowd and to the speaker, smiling up at Winnie. "Hey, Win. Good to see you." She said, lifting Chiron's head out of her chest to look over his nose a bit more, holding her other hand out to accept the candy Marín was giving him. "Here, I'll hold onto that until he snaps out of it. And you. Can't believe you got yourself hurt before the fight, Chi." She chuckled. "You have a knack for that, don't you?"

“It’s been a while. I heard you guys would be fighting here, so I came to wish you well. Both of you~”

Chiara nodded in thanks, humming softly as Marín spoke up.

"Hm? Another one? Well thats a bit of an overkill, I mean, we already have Trevon, and Chiara, they are amazing hunters! And of course, we have Zephyr! He is... useful! How hard can it be to find this person? I don't know about the rest of you though... are you guys strong? Uh... I'm giving a bad first impression... Here!"

Chiara watched as Marín gave Winnie candy - well, actually, the younger girl threw a piece of candy at Winnie's face. Her smile turned sheepish.

"If we're all here for the same thing, it's better we have more numbers." She somewhat ignored the 'amazing' comment. Two of the people here had been there when she'd failed her first Hunter Exam, after all. "If necessary, we can go in groups and spread out, covering more ground and getting more information. Winnie is incredibly strong, and Chiron here...." Chiara looked him over again with a smirk, "Can be quite a powerful force when he's not tripping over his own feet."

"I'll soon show you guys what I've been learning all this time. I'm not joking! I trained a lot in this meantime. Me and other Gourmet hunters went on a mission and we face a bunch of delicious monsters, I learned a lot from the hunters!"

It seemed like Marín hadn't changed a bit, either. Chiara ignored some of the girl's comments. She was a child, and she sometimes showed it. It was apparent, but it was fine. Who could blame a kid for acting like a kid?

"Uuuugh... This is taking too long! Trevoooon! Chiaraaaa! I wanna fight! Do you guys know that girl in the arena? Is she strong? Is this gonna take long?"

"Nah, I don't, but--" Chiara saw the flash of light in her peripheral vision and glanced over towards the arena. "I think Zephyr was paired with the right person to win. So it should be okay. Now come on, Chiron. Back to life." She dangled the piece of candy in his face, hoping it would help bring him back to the moment.

screen-1.jpg
Two things kept Winnie from instinctively activating her hatsu to avoid the object flying at her. The first was the warning. The second was that she had seen the girl give Chiron candy form the same bag moments prior. Therefore, it didn’t take much for Winnie to deduce that the item being thrown at her was a confectionary of some sort. Winnie sensed no hidden nen. If it turned out to be a bomb, she probably would’ve regretted her action. Regardless, Winnie reached out and caught the sugary treat just before it hit her face.

Opening her palm, Winnie glanced down at the smushed chocolate in her hand—a byproduct of the speed of the throw and the force required to stop it—before looking back at the girl that introduced herself as Marin, eyebrow raised. Based on the impact, the smaller girl had thrown at full force. Was she picking a fight? Even more surprising was seeing a gourmet hunter throw food. The few she met were fairly… protective…of the delicacies they acquire and seemed to show appreciation for food. Good food, that is. Then again, every hunter was different.

“Winnifred Foster. A pleasure.”

She might’ve said more, but the hyperactive girl’s attention seemed to be drawn elsewhere, which suggested her question about Winnie’s previous statement was largely rhetorical. Not Winnie intended to seriously answer the question. The comment hadn’t been directed at Marin anyhow.

Chiara’s compliment of Winnie’s strength caused her to blush and she pushed up her glasses to hide that fact. Truthfully, she hadn’t expected the other girl to remember her at all, let address her as casually as one would expect a close friend. It’d been little over a year since they last had contact after all. Seemed within that time, Chiara had managed to become a hunter. Winnie wasn’t terribly surprised. The dark skinned girl always had it in her from what Winnie remembered…and it had taken her two attempts to pass the test as well. The amount of tries didn’t matter. What mattered was the result.

Winnie faced the stadium when Marin called attention to the fight, her glasses protecting her eyes from the most harmful effects of the light though she still avoided directly looking at the lantern.

“The use of light in that manner suggests she’s a clever fighter,” The redhead observed. “Valsia. I’ve only seen a couple of her matches on my way up here—just enough to know she’s a scythe user.”

Personally, she didn’t know why their client couldn’t make it easy for them and had them meet at a random café instead of floor 200 of the Heavens Arena. A test of their strength, perhaps? The prize money from the climb was a nice bonus she supposed--much more profitable than the job itself--but, as she’d told ‘Bugs’ (indirectly), money didn’t really matter to her. Either way, she didn't care much for the results of the match since she had no goals of ascending to higher floors, but Chiara seemed to be rooting for this Zephyr character...and, if Marin's statement was to be believed, Zephyr was another Hunter here for the Hunter Hunter as well.

Winnie put the piece of the smushed candy in her mouth, letting the delicate taste linger. As expected of a handmade treat from a gourmet hunter.

Last edited:
Edgar
Interaction: Brendanfp Brendanfp
Damien knew Nen. That was easy enough to guess but it was good to have it confirmed. Then he heard 'old dog'. Did Damien just call him old?! He was only 38! That’s not that bad! Before the emotions could change his facial expression, his logic kicked in. Was Damien provoking him deliberately? Damien was a hunter and nen user, Edgar knew he shouldn’t underestimate him. There was a good chance Damien was using this conversation to try and figure out his Nen type. Edgar couldn’t help but feel some excitement if this was the case. A battle of wits. His favourite game. Edgar decided the logical thing was to fake his reaction. He'd pretend to be an Emitter and exaggerate his anger. Hopefully, if Damien could tell he was faking his next guess would be Transmuter.

A vein popped up on his forehead, and his face reddened as he turned to Damien, showing a face of barely contained rage.

Match 1
Time: 8:10 pm
Mentioned: Peckinou Peckinou & Audacious Minacious Audacious Minacious

The audience collectively leaned forward in their seats as a radiant blue light exploded from the center of the battle stage. No one could make out what went on within the blinding light, but the sounds of battle could be heard. From on top of the stage, things were a bit more clear.

87046ffa6cb28caf494845cec0d57e9b.jpg

The referee who was judging the fight had raised his arms in front of his face just in time to avoid being blinded. As he lowered them he witnessed a battle unfolding before his eyes. Jax and Penny had both failed to shield their eyes in time and were dazed by the incoming light. The pair stopped their advance just short of Valsia. The referee watched as the first real attack of the Match was thrown. A powerful kick from Valsia aimed at Penny who wasn’t in the condition to be able to defend herself. The kick sunk several inches into Penny's stomach sending the white-haired combatant reeling back in pain as she clutched her midriff and dropped to her knees. Jax who had heard the sickening impact raised both his hands in a defensive position just in time to block an incoming flurry of knives. Instead of the knives cutting into his vital areas three of the blades loosely lodged themselves into his arms. Perhaps the duo had underestimated their opponents, the referee pondered as he got ready to award points.

“Critical Hit and Knockdown by Valsia! That’s 3 points awarded to Team A! As well as a Clean Hit by Zephyr! That’s another 1 point awarded to Team A! Please Continue!”

d742cd57661926b429e2246ca2a20e19.jpg
6c629c500a2b698a7d1b9370894cd270.jpg

Jax watched this very scene unfold before him. Beside him, his partner was on her knees and looked like she was about to throw up. Meanwhile, he himself had taken a hit that not only ruined his custom-tailored suit but also awarded another point to the opposing team. His ten had prevented the flurry of knives from digging too far down into his skin, but the pain was still enough to make him grit his teeth. Things weren’t going as planned at all, but this match was far from over. Jax looked back down at Penny who had indeed thrown up onto the stage.

“Can you stand?” Jax asked coldly.

In response to the inquiry, Penny wiped off her mouth with the sleeve of her sweater and slowly raised to her feet. There was a wicked look in her eyes as she spoke, “Imma kill that bitch!” she spat.

“No.” Jax asserted firmly, “Stick to the plan, you take the boy, I will put down the girl. Don’t let your emotions cloud your judgment.”

Penny shot Jax a venomous glare, but Jax was unfazed. His cold eyes locked with hers and after a few seconds of staring Penny broke eye contact and sighed, “Fine, first I’ll take out the weak brat then the girl is mine.”

Jax’s simply rolled his eyes relieved that the pair would get another chance to enact his plan, “Are the conditions met for your Hatsu?” he asked.

Penny gave a reassuring nod, “It’s already active.”

At this point, Valsia would notice something strange happen. In front of her stood both of her opponents. The pair had chatted briefly and then as the woman, Penny, got up to her feet she vanished. There one second went the next. And it wasn’t just her body that had vanished, it was also the sound of her voice, her panting, the shifting of her feet on the stage. There was no trace left aside from the small puddle of vomit and a green sucker she left on the floor.

Meanwhile, everyone else, the audience, Zephyr, and Jax all watched as Penny casually began walking towards the opposing team. As she walked she reached one hand down into her sweater and seemingly grabbed a hold of an object. She spoke as she walked.

“Zeph-Kun that would an interesting stunt you pulled back there. So you like playing with knives too? I’ll show you mine if you show me yours,” Penny spoke slowly and with a smile as she pulled a large polished cleaver from her sweater. Her pale slender fingers wrapped firmly around its dark wooden handle. With a flourish of her blade, she began to dash at the purple-haired hunter, blitzing right past Valsia who was none the wiser.

Meanwhile, Jax was staring Valsia down as he carefully pulled the three knives out of his arm. Specks of his blood began to drop down onto the concrete slabs. He now held three knives in his hands, and he knew just how he would use them.

“That was a smart move you pulled. I respect someone who can think quickly on their feet… however… you made one crucial mistake. You showed your hand too early. A trick like that won’t work more than once. As a fellow conjurer, I must say I am somewhat disappointed.” Jax spoke in a slow methodical manner.

Jax took a moment to look at his watch. He noted the time. Eight-Eleven. He then fanned the knives in between his fingers before winding his arm back and throwing at all three of the knives at Valsia. This battle had only just begun.

1578290029900.png
Valsia Auditor
When Valsia hit the girl she noticed the power that went into her kick may have been a bit excessive although she wasn't really use to holding back to be fair. Valsia kept her eyes on her opponent and was about ready to follow up their attack with another one but before she could prepare to move at her the girl vanished. This of course had Valsia confused as to what just happened, she then looked around the arena to see that she was no where in sight as if she just vanished. She thought over the event taking note that it was likely her hatsu that enabled to just vanish like that either way their was nothing she could do about that since she has no idea where they are. This led to her attention going onto Jax who was taking knives out of their arm that were likely thrown by Zephyr for his chance of attack. Valsia was a bit annoyed to say the least now that their opponent had the 3 daggers the Zephyr just threw at them as their new weapons that they could now use on them. However as Jax began to speak she did note that she has used her lantern trick a bit early although she was use to ending things quickly and if this was a fight to the death the Penny girl would of been dead. Although the fact that he was a conjurer was also good to know, but the fact that he was looking at his watch has put her slightly on edge. She honestly didn't know why he would be looking at the time when in the middle of a match unless it had something to do with his hatsu or he just wanted this match to be over as quickly as she wanted its to be over. Although if it was the former then that would mean she would have to take him down quickly although she honestly didn't want to use her hatsu yet without more information on her opponent. Although when he threw all three knives at her she noted that if she dodged she would just put herself in the path way of another so she decided her best option was to dodge the left and grab a lower part her lantern for a better grip to use the bottom of her lantern as a acting shield to protect them from the other one, which caused the knife to pretty much embed itself into the bottom of her lantern. She then went on to pull the knife out of the lanterns bottom and charged Jax not wanting to take chances of giving him the chance to use his hatsu if it was indeed time based. She carried the knife in a reverse grip for easier usage in the slash attacks she was preparing to go for.​

Trevon Honigan
SLafN7Xnpa3RGEV6ZD1DCEIdxKacobDKXlUyEF6o_UoPZubLWIcd888akncTsCQyXui6Rwl_E2pewlNt68_JfyTK9BkuhH3G64XS_OJCbnTw_sRHWv6qhYWzJ-cmKa69-1p3MA1n

"It's really good to see you too, Trevon. Nice to see a friend still around in these uh. Trying hunter times."

"I didn-" Trevon sighed and shook his head. It wasn't worth the effort. She wasn't completely wrong. He wasn't exactly sad to see her.

Besides, she'd gone so far as to call him a friend. It definitely had taken him by surprise. After all, they essentially had only teamed up for the exam. He didn't even realize she was fighting today, and they hardly knew a single thing about each other, but no one had called him anything like that in a while. People actually being happy to seem him was a nice change of pace.

"Chiara! Chiara!! You're here! You're really actually here! I tried to look for!-" It seemed someone else was pretty happy to see her. The unfamiliar voice came from the unfamiliar face of what he believed was a man.

Trevon didn't get a very good look at the guy's face because he almost immediately shoved them into Chiara's funbags. Sure it may have looked like the guy "tripped", but that landing was bit too . . . convenient to be from luck alone.

Trevon started cracking his fists. "It'll be pretty hard to look at anything after I give you two black ey-." His beat down came to a halt when he realized no one else was having a similar reaction. In fact, there seemed like there was a complete lack of reactions.

He gave the people present a puzzled look. Was he missing something? Sure he'd been locked up for a while, and he wasn't the most well-mannered guy around, but he was pretty sure that would be considered “socially inappropriate”. He raised an eyebrow, glancing from Funbag Fred here to Chiara.

“Rewards come in all shapes and sizes.” and apparently Chiara's hooters was one of those shapes.The next face was also unfamiliar, but apparently she knew Chiara and "Fred". From the new girl's comment, he would guess she was a Hunter too. One could almost see Trevon trying to put the puzzle pieces together mentally.

They probably had met Chiara at her previous Hunter Exam. He recalled the Amazon had taken the test before they had passed together. That was one of the reasons he'd decided to team up with her. Sure, she had failed the first time around, but at least she knew the kind of things to expect.

It's also possible she'd met the two of them during some previous job. Either way, he hoped they were somewhat strong or at least developing useful nen abilities.

But there was still one thing that didn't make sense to him. Why was everyone so nonchalant about "Fred's" little marvelous melon eating adventure? It still made no sense to him . . . unless . . .

"Here, I'll hold onto that until he snaps out of it. And you. Can't believe you got yourself hurt before the fight, Chi." She chuckled. "You have a knack for that, don't you?"

That line confirmed it for Trevon. It sounded like some mushy couple stuff. Plus that would explain why she called him a friend. Of course she didn’t actually want to be friends with him; she just wanted him to know that her friendliness was nothing more than just that.

Fair enough, it's not like he could blame her. He wasn't exactly the friendliest person around, and he was generally only good for causing a ruckus. Besides, he didn't act like such a troublemaker to make friends.

It was still a nice change a pace in a way. He chuckled. It was basically the opposite of what he was used to. Normally, people were only nice to him when they wanted something from him, but it seemed the Amazon was nice to him because she didn’t . . . or maybe he just hadn't figured out what she wanted yet.

"Hm? Another one? Well thats a bit of an overkill, I mean, we already have Trevon, and Chiara, they are amazing hunters! And of course, we have Zephyr! He is... useful! How hard can it be to find this person? I don't know about the rest of you though... are you guys strong? Uh... I'm giving a bad first impression... Here!"

The girl’s comments caused him to glance away. What the hell? Suddenly, there was another person being nice to him. His street cred was getting ruined by the second. It was a little embarrassing. It’s not like she knew what she was talking about; she was still just a kid after all. Besides, they hadn’t really seen each other since they became official hunters, so how would she know?

Trevon sighed as he scratched the back of his head. This kid. "Hey, you should probably cut back a on the candy, kid. How you gonna fight if you use up all your energy running around here?"

It was a bit annoying, minus the funny commentary about Zephyr. Now he might have to show off in the arena a little bit. He didn’t want to make her look stupid. If she looked stupid, then obviously it would make him look bad for deciding to team up with her previously. She would definitely owe him at least some of that candy she was handing out after all was said and done.

Trevon refocused on the matters at hand. He looked Funbag Fr- or Chiron was it?- up and down now seeing him in a new light. So this was Chiara’s boyfriend? Now the scenario actually looked pretty funny. His mind couldn’t help but picture them dating. He covered his mouth in a vain attempt to silent his growing laughter.

“Ugh, get a room. That's your boyfriend, Chiara?! The dude is prettier than some of my ex-girlfriends!” The guy would have been real popular at his . . . previous residence. Trevon was nearly keeled over from laughing.

“It makes sense though. You never seemed like the type to share the pants in a relationship!” The guy practically looked like he was asking to be stepped on.

"Well at least he doesn't have to worry about you going after me, but I better tell Zephyr to watch out!" He didn't know either of the boys well obviously, but they kind of gave him the same vibe.

Trevon wiped a tear from his eye as his laughter subsided. He waved his hand dismissively. “No, sorry . . . I’m sorry. You guys are perfect for each other. The Amazon and her nearly as pretty Halfling.” He snickered.

A light shone in the arena causing Trevon to glance at it for a moment before looking away. It reminded Trevon of what his actual priority should be. He couldn’t get too caught up in all of this.

“The use of light in that manner suggests she’s a clever fighter,” The redhead observed. “Valsia. I’ve only seen a couple of her matches on my way up here—just enough to know she’s a scythe user.”

As interesting as it would be to watch other people’s hatsu, especially those of prospective teammates, being employed, it wasn’t all that useful to him for the time being. These fighters were already fighting; they probably wouldn’t be his opponents.

Trevon slid his hands into his pockets, and his eyes narrowed a bit. He looked around at the group that had gathered around him. Anyone of them were prospective enemies. He couldn’t just go letting his guard down. They would all stab him in the back for the right price. Hell, they were probably just here to get information out of him.

Trevon’s relaxed himself a bit and put on his usual smirk. Still, he would do his best not to ruin the atmosphere. “I take it all of you have passed the real test? I bet you all completed a bunch of jobs with the new . . . abilities you acquired. I might be a bit behind.” He chuckled.

“Say . . .” He scratched the back of his head acting as if he had just thought of this question. “. . . did you guys happen to see anyone else on the board for tonight's fights fight earlier?” It was a pretty safe topic for him. Even if someone had seen him fight before in the arena, he’d only use basic nen. All his hatsu practice was kept outside of the arena. The only thing they could have learned anything about was his fighting style. He was a bit of brawler, and he liked to kick the crap out of people, but given his . . . unconventional fighting style the info wasn’t all that useful.

Chiron’s face remained pressed into the soft cushion his head throbbing dully as he absent-mindedly made note of what felt like a warm rush of liquid from his nose. Was he bleeding? It wasn’t all top uncommon for him considering how much of a klutz he tended to be- but still, to be bleeding before he even got in the ring was a bit pathetic. Even more pathetic though was how he still clung onto Chiara, using her for strength as he slowly came too from his little wipeout. Honestly- from the initial toll it took Chiron wouldn’t be all too surprised if it’d happened to give him a concussion. As his chin was slowly tilted up so the woman could get a good look at his injuries it was easy to tell he was doing a mental self diagnosis, occasionally muttering a mundane fact, like where he was or the date.
It wasn’t until he registered the youngest hunter in this little group calling him weak and Chiara talking to him that he finally snapped out of his daze, suddenly startled by his close proximity to the tall woman. He scuttled back a few steps, his freckled cheeks turning a rosy red. “S-sorry Chiara!” He blurted, smiling sheepishly as he ran a hand through his messy ash blond hair “But you know me- always a klutzs.” Chiron said before it appeared as a wave of realization washed over him “Actually that’s what i was trying to say! I couldn’t find you after the test- but i really wanted to thank you! If it wasn’t for you I wouldn’t have passed, and if it wasn’t for me i’m sure you would’ve the first time so-” He paused, his gaze becoming quite serious before he suddenly bowed at his waist, his arms neatly at his sides. “Thank you! I owe you!”
Without missing a beat the blond then turned to winnie and simply bowed his head to her. “And thank you too winnie! For everything and for being here to support me! I’m sure with you cheering for us Chiara and I will do great!”
The young male straightened back out, now looking completely relieved like a weight had been lifted off his chest, despite now have dried blood all over his nose and chin still. In fact- it seemed he was so content now that he’d thanked Chiara that he completely forgotten about his little tumble down the stairs.

His attention turned to the conversation, a sheepish smile spreading on his lips at Chiara’s compliment. It made his heart pound to have someone so strong say that about him but this wasn’t the time to be bashful, he had to focus on the challenge ahead!
“I’ve been training any chance I get- though I admit a lot of energy has been spent on my studies. But despite what you just saw i think i’ve still improved a lot with my physical capabilities!” He assured the other hunters though before anyone could respond to him the rather rough looking fella he’d seen on the edge of their little group decided to make his own thoughts heard. And he was glaring at him?! Oh shit what could he have done to already piss off someone so scary looking?! And why did he find the way he could almost surely beat the shit out of him kinda hot?! A lot of questions swirled around in his mind but what he said next just about knocked Chiron on his ass. He thought Chiara of all people would date him? And that he was pretty?!
Chiron’s mouth hung agape for a few moments, the flash of bright light in the arena barely registering in his mind as he simply stared at what most would consider a classic punk.

“Y-you think. . . .think me? Me and her? His freckled cheeks turned a deep red and he couldn’t help but cover his blushing face with his hands in embarrassment. “You sir have more confidence in me then i think i could ever have in a million years!” He exclaimed, his tone obviously flustered from just thinking about a situation in which that would be real. Timidly he peeked through his fingers at Trevon before covering his eyes again “And you think. . . .you think I’m pretty?

Last edited:
Match 1
Time: 8:15 pm
Mentioned: Peckinou Peckinou

d742cd57661926b429e2246ca2a20e19.jpg

The air was electric with anticipation from the crowd.

Jax steadied his footing on the battle weathered concrete. Blood ran down both his arms staining his white dress shirt. He was in pain, but his wounds were only superficial, just like the damage to his favorite suit. He had been caught off guard once and now his team was down four points, but he wouldn’t let that happen again, while Penny handled the small fry Jax would finish Valsia, and the damage he would inflict on her would be all but superficial.

As one of the top enforcers of a mafia family, Jax had learned to deal with all sorts of threats including other nen users on rare occasions. He watched as the small white-haired girl dodged the flurry of knives he threw. Jax had hoped that she would panic and dodge one knife while putting herself in the path of another, but she was able to skillfully circumvented the situation by blocking with her lantern. Without skipping a beat the woman retrieved the knife that she had just blocked and began to dash towards Jax with the knife in a reverse grip.

The mafioso only had a moment to consider these actions and what they could mean. Valsia was running at him, closing in fast. She held her knife in a reverse grip, which while increasing her slashing potential decreased her range and made it awkward to do stabbing attacks. Perhaps she was just that confident in her close combat skills. Her kick earlier was fairly effective against Penny, though to be fair Penny’s ten was fairly unrefined. Well if it was melee she wanted, then he would use that to his advantage and turn this fight into his advantage.

With a plan in mind, Jax began to also dash towards Valsia, as he did his ren increased in output, and a faint smile crossed his face.

Trixie
Mentioned: QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel cinnabuns cinnabuns soggyparadise soggyparadise CactusJuice CactusJuice ABetterNickname ABetterNickname

latest

As the battle grew more intense and the crowd’s shouts and cheers shook the very arena they stood in a single employee of the Heavens Arena slowly made her way down the central aisle that divided the audience stands. She was short, wiry and held very little presence, but she walked with intent. Even as she approached the strange group that crowded in the central aisle they didn’t take notice of her. Trixie took a moment to access which of the rowdy group seemed the most sensible… she made her choice and a delicate hand slowly made it way out towards Winnifred.

“Pardon me mam’ but you and your friends are blocking the main aisle of the arena. I must ask you all to please find your way to a seat. If no seats are available you must make your way out of the arena and into the central hall, where you can watch the rest of the match unfold on our broadcast,” Trixie asserted with a level of authority.

The arena worker’s face and posture were relaxed as she spoke. She almost looked bored. Perhaps she was lacking a good night's rest or maybe she just didn’t fancy her job. As Trixie stood there she remembered an important point to bring up.

“Oh right, and if any of you are on today’s challenger rooster then you can follow me to the VIP seating where you can wait on your match, to begin with, the rest of the contestants. I’ll need to see your Heavens Arena ID first though.”

Trixie stood ready to either usher the rowley group out the doors or escort them to some better seating, but whichever it was she just hoped that the group would make it as easy as possible for her to do her job. She saw they all had very formidable aura compared to her, which is why she even asked if they were fighters in today’s event. It wasn’t rare that a slighted contestant would take their anger out on an employee. Trixie wasn’t scared, but she was ready to break away from the group at a moment's notice.

screen-1.jpg

Winnie snickered. "That's what he said, Chiron. I think he might want a threesome~"

She couldn't help the teasing. Chiron's response to Trevor was just too amusing. And Trevor had walked right into that one. Though, from what she remembered of the impulsive boy, she doubted it was intentional. At the very least, the blush Chiron tried to hide seemed real enough.

Licking the residue chocolate from her fingers, Winnie faced the silver haired punk Marin introduced as a strong hunter along with Chiara and Zephyr. They were all friends apparently. Worked together? Pen pals? However, the friends of her old acquaintances weren't necessarily her friends and Trevor hadn't made a very good first impression. Reminded her of some of the bullies she'd met in the past. Therefore, Winnie's response to his inquiry was blunt, if not a little rude. "Whether I did or didn't, I don't see why I should tell you . I'd mentioned I'd come to cheer Chiron and Chiara in their matches, hadn't I?"

Not that she would cheat for them even if they were old acquaintances. Not unless it was a life or death situation. It wouldn’t be fair. She hadn't even known they were in the Heaven's Arena until she'd heard the whispers. Even then, she had to do her own digging. Hence her place in the audience seat. She was curious how strong they'd gotten since she'd last seen them. What sort of hunters they'd become.

If they weren't strong, or cunning, enough to move to the next floor, it was better that they didn't get involved in the Hunter Hunter business.

Winnie shrugged. "Besides, I'm a Book Hunter not a People Hunter. I don’t track fighters in the arena unless I’m especially interested in them…“

As someone who liked to isolate themselves in a library, burying themselves in novels and fictional characters, Winnie couldn't say she was too good with people. She'd changed, certainly, but she was still an introvert at heart. Enjoyed her alone time and found more comfort with book pages than crowds.

"…which, if you think about it, our client is likely one. A fighter in the Heaven’s Arena, I mean. He has a room in the 201st floor doesn’t he?” To stay and obtain a room in the Arena was to continue to fight. Or, at least, that was how she believed the building worked. It was her first time making the climb. “I wonder if we’ve ever unknowingly seen them fight…?”

And that was where Winnie’s train of thought ended because an arena worker approached them with a warning. Her specifically. She hadn't even noticed. Nodding at the wiry woman, since she had no intention of causing a scene or being escorted out, Winnie waved at the others. “Guess that’s my cue to return to my seat. It was nice seeing you again Chiara. Chiron. I look forward to seeing your matches. Nice to meet the rest of you too.” Most of them anyway. “We'll talk again if you make it to the 201st floor.” To Marin. “ Thanks for the sugar~”

Then the redhead activated her hatsu, vanishing back to her seat--where she'd left her favorite book behind to save her spot. Normally she'd keep a closer eye on it, but few made it their goal to steal books and she doubted many avid readers enjoyed watching bloody fights. As far as she was concerned her climb ended with the 201st floor. But, depending on how long the client want them to stay in the Heaven's Arena, there was a chance she may be required to continue fighting to keep her room. There was still much she didn't know about the job. It annoyed her. However, Winnie also knew that patience was also required to reach the climax of a good novel. Therefore she didn't mind waiting. Watching. Just like their client was likely watching to see which hunters would make their way up to him.

Not that it'd been especially challenging.

Winnie had been in twenty matches. Of all of them, only the 200th floor was a bit of a challenge. The ones below didn't display a wit of nen knowledge. Though...

Grey eyes flickered to where Chiara and the others were likely showing their IDs and being led to the VIP rooms for fighters. Just because they didn't display it didn't mean they didn't know it. Judging by what Trevor said about the real test, he knew a bit of nen as well. Winnie supposed she was simply lucky when it came to opponents. Not everyone was going to make it up to he 201st floor at the same time. But then, the client hadn't specified a time limit either. Those that wanted the job would do what it took to get there. It was those types Winnie would rather work with anyway.

CactusJuice CactusJuice cinnabuns cinnabuns soggyparadise soggyparadise ABetterNickname ABetterNickname Brendanfp Brendanfp

Location: Republic of Padokea [Heavens Arena] , personal room

Photo.png

Luc watches the fight with interest.
First of all, this allows him to assess the level of the combatants on the 200th floor, but in addition, the fact that he knew one of the people who was fighting added an additional reason to be caught up in the exchange of stroke.
Valsia and her partner seemed to have taken the advantage. It was a good thing. Six more points, and victory was theirs.
But it was not over yet.
Their adversaries always seemed so determined. They had to remain attentive.
The man who seemed to want to fight Valsia was quick. And as Luc got closer to the television, he had the impression that the guy ... was smiling? He has an idea behind his head, there was no doubt about it.
"I hope she knows what she's doing. From what I remember from the 287 exam, she's pretty thoughtful. And she's a hunter. She must be able to get away with him. Haaaaa ... Why am I so worried? Everything will be fine. " thought Luc.
Still observing the fight, the young man made a list of all the techniques he could use in his fight.
He had chosen a Hatsu ability that allows him to be quite versatile.
Most of his capacities were not primarily intended for combat, but with a little imagination, it is possible to work miracles.

Last edited:
1581726184056.png
Valsia Auditor
Valsia eyed Jax carefully watching as he used Ren which likely meant he was going on the offensive, Valsia didn't hesitate before activating their ten she knew first hand that without it she would defiantly feel it even with her ability to take some pretty hard hits. She figured that he would try to duck her slash attack but then again he seemed to have the height advantage over them so that wouldn't be that ethical. Either way she moved to his side so that she could do a wide slash from there and used her heels for a sudden stop. If he did indeed dodge it she would simply just go for towards his leg which should kick his leg from under him and set him off balance. Their eyes were purely fixated on their opponent if they aimed a punch for their head they would duck if they aimed for their chest they would just tank the hit and stab them if not his torso then his arm. Although the later option would hurt they were ahead and if they tanking a hit would lead them closer to ending this match then so be it. She didn't want to drag this match long since the best course of action so far would be to take him out quickly especially since she was pretty sure his hatsu might have a time condition. A Barrage of relentless fast paced attacks was their current plan and as they moved in to clash against Jax. She didn't plan to give him a single moment to recollect himself as her tactic for victory went underway and her grip on Zephyrs knife tightened as she moved in for a wide spread slash attack towards Jax.​

Taeru Suru
Mentioned: cinnabuns cinnabuns soggyparadise soggyparadise Brendanfp Brendanfp

Taeru Suru.jpg

Suru crashed through the doors looking around frantically, they had insisted on going over the rules about missing too many matches again, and now she was late and might have missed her match. Not that she would let that stop her from hunting this jackass, but it would be nice to have some friends along side her, rather than more people tryna get in her way. She took a second to check the arena, apparently it was time for the annual 2v2 fight she had heard about, but where was Trixie... there!

Suru tried to not disturb people, but a metal leg isn't really that quiet, so she ended up making quite the noise as she went over. "Whats up Trixie! VIP seating for fighters still right?" It took her a second to flip through her pocket and case with one hand, but she brought out her ID for Trixie to look at.

With Trixie checking the ID she finally noticed the other people around her, seeing Chiara and Chiron. "Hey! Smart pants and Germ kid, how have you two been? Do you even remember me?" She stretched her arm a little whilst hopping her real leg up and down, though the trouser hid which one was a prosthetic.

“. . . did you guys happen to see anyone else on the board for tonight's fights fight earlier?”
"Hm? No... I didn't" - She just nodded and continued to pay attention to the fight, until Winnie started to talk. Marín became interested about it, as she was clearly impressed by the conclusions she was getting.
“I wonder if we’ve ever unknowingly seen them fight…?”

"...?" - Marín looked at the fighters in the Arena, thinking, she became even more suspicious of Valsia. If she had to guess, she would bet on Valsia. While looking at her in the arena, Marín had an enthusiastic smile on her face. She was just very interest in knowing what her full potential would be.
“Guess that’s my cue to return to my seat. It was nice seeing you again Chiara. Chiron. I look forward to seeing your matches. Nice to meet the rest of you too. We'll talk again if you make it to the 201st floor. Thanks for the sugar~”
"Haha, don't worry about it... Hope you enjoyed it! Hey Winnie" - She called for her attention one last time before she went away. - "We'll talk again on the 201rst floor." - Marín said with a determined, very confident smile on her face.

“Oh right, and if any of you are on today’s challenger rooster then you can follow me to the VIP seating where you can wait on your match, to begin with, the rest of the contestants. I’ll need to see your Heavens Arena ID first though.”

"Oh! right. Here it is." - Marín showed her credentials - "Let's go then... This isn't a good spot anyway"
Marín got ready to follow the lady to her proper sit, something that she didn't even think about it at first.
"Hey, guys... do you think she's right? I mean, Winnie... Well, i'm not gonna overthink it. Going up in the arena has been fairly easy, i wonder if our opponents are gonna demand our best effort." - Marín was pretty open about how confident she was about her fight. She walked still giving some peeks to the arena to see what was going on, once she was in the VIP area she started stretching, and then made a small commentary for anyone nearby, as she saw Valsia's preparing her last move.
"It's over?"

1e2e6f3840fbeacd33f790b301654bf5.jpg

b645381a552ea695e2a1855bf92ce2e6.png

"It'll be pretty hard to look at anything after I give you two black ey-."

Chiara winced as Trevon almost winded up to hit Chiron in the face. No, no no, she was about to say, but it seemed like Trevon noticed that literally no one else had the same reaction as him. Okay, she definitely got it. She understood why he thought what he did. But thankfully he noticed that Chiron got multiple reactions of familiarity, especially when Winnie had made her way over. When he looked around and met her eyes, hers softened, to give him an extra hint that Chiron wasn't a threat. So instead of going for violence, Trevon went for another one of his many talents.

He was fluent in Smartassery, and he decided to flex that skill on the group.

Chiara's eyebrow raised as Trevon began to laugh. "Ugh, get a room. That's your boyfriend, Chiara?! The dude is prettier than some of my ex-girlfriends!” Her mind clicked into gear, immediately understanding what Trevon was thinking now. And suddenly, all of the empathy she'd felt earlier drained from her and was replaced with this certain kind of amusement, as she weaved everything together for herself. Ah, so that was what he thought. She wore the same shit-eating grin Trevon knew her for as he kept going. “It makes sense though. You never seemed like the type to share the pants in a relationship!”

What in the fuck was this boy talking about? Chiara was trying not to laugh herself from all of the assumptions he was making. Poor guy. She'd let him continue until she could properly inform him of the truth. It seemed like he needed to get this out, for whatever reason. Would be best if this happened before a fight and not afterward, anyway. She wouldn't want him doing bad because he'd been holding something back now.

"Well at least he doesn't have to worry about you going after me, but I better tell Zephyr to watch out!" Chiara watched as Trevon finally stopped laughing, and for some reason, a giggle left her lips. Oh my goodness, was this hilarious. He really thought she was...? “No, sorry . . . I’m sorry. You guys are perfect for each other. The Amazon and her nearly as pretty Halfling.”

Okay, it was a nice thought, but hey, even funnier. In an attempt to make fun of her, Trevon had said she was pretty. He then said that Chiron was pretty too. Before Chiara could respond to this, Chiron, bless his soul, was finally back to consciousness. She watched as his face turned red as he realized what part of her he'd used as a pillow and backed away. Man, everything was bringing her a great amount of joy.

“S-Sorry Chiara! But you know me - always a klutz.” Chiron's hand went through his hair with a nervous smile, before a look like something was coming back to him passed over his face. “Actually that’s what I was trying to say! I couldn’t find you after the test - but I really wanted to thank you! If it wasn’t for you I wouldn’t have passed, and if it wasn’t for me i’m sure you would’ve the first time so--” Chiron gave her a strong gaze before bowing in respect. “Thank you! I owe you!”

Aw, shucks. Chiara's warm eyes had moved from Trevon's to Chiron's as she gave him a slight nod. She only felt like she'd done what was right. The boy deserved to pass; he had many people at home he needed to help. Chiara didn't have such an important role like a doctor, like Chiron. She was just a circus troupe member; she could make people happy without needing the title of Hunter for another year. It ended up working just fine, since the next time around, she'd met up with Trevon, Marín, and Damian again, and they'd all passed. She didn't have much regrets, if she really thought about it.

Chiara was brought back to attention when Chiron's mouth fell open in response to Trevon's minor temper tantrum. “Y-you think. . . .think me? Me and her? The amusement Chiara felt came tenfold as Chiron turned red once more and tried to cover his face out of awkwardness. “You sir have more confidence in me then I think I could ever have in a million years! And you think...you think I’m pretty?" Chiron's eyes peeked behind his fingers, and Chiara could still see how flustered he was.

She then heard Winnie snicker. "That's what he said, Chiron. I think he might want a threesome~."

Wow, she never thought she'd want popcorn before her fight, but these four were doing an amazing job at giving her the drama she was looking for. Chiara's baby blue eyes glanced out towards the fight Valsia and Zephyr were having, trying to see who was winning, while she continued to listen to Winnie make a shit ton of sense like she usually did.

"Besides, I'm a Book Hunter not a People Hunter. I don’t track fighters in the arena unless I’m especially interested in them…which, if you think about it, our client is likely one. A fighter in the Heaven’s Arena, I mean. He has a room in the 201st floor doesn’t he? I wonder if we’ve ever unknowingly seen them fight…?”

Huh. Winnie was always so wise. Chiara had thought similarly during her breaks on the floors below, but Winnie had vocalized it in a way that Chiara appreciated. Maybe this would get the others thinking, as well. An arena worker came up to them pretty soon afterwards, interrupting Winnie's train of thought.

“Pardon me mam’ but you and your friends are blocking the main aisle of the arena. I must ask you all to please find your way to a seat. If no seats are available you must make your way out of the arena and into the central hall, where you can watch the rest of the match unfold on our broadcast. Oh right, and if any of you are on today’s challenger rooster then you can follow me to the VIP seating where you can wait on your match, to begin with, the rest of the contestants. I’ll need to see your Heavens Arena ID first though.”

Winnie turned to them after hearing the worker's words, giving them a wave. “Guess that’s my cue to return to my seat. It was nice seeing you again Chiara. Chiron. I look forward to seeing your matches. Nice to meet the rest of you too. We'll talk again if you make it to the 201st floor.” And then, she turned to Marín. “Thanks for the sugar~.”

Thankfully, Chiara knew how Winnie's hatsu worked. She guessed for those who hadn't been in the 289th exam would have a small reaction to the girl basically disappearing into thin air as Chiara returned the wave. Chiara then fished for her ID, pulling it out to show the arena worker and turned to follow her into the VIP seating. As they made their way over, Marín spoke up.

"Hey, guys... do you think she's right? I mean, Winnie... Well, I'm not gonna overthink it. Going up in the arena has been fairly easy, I wonder if our opponents are gonna demand our best effort."

"It would make a lot of sense. Think about it; we also didn't see this ad and immediately come here. So the Hunter in question would need to be powerful enough to keep their spot on the 201st floor for a solid amount of time." Chiara said, speaking up for the first time. Of course, since she was now speaking, she would finally say something about what had happened earlier. "And you." Her pale blue eyes, full of mirth, landed on Trevon's electric pink gaze. Time to be genuine. "I really appreciated the way you had my back earlier. I'm not dating anyone, though, really, silly. What made you think that? Aren't I just as nice to you, Trevon?" Chiara took a moment to pause, the smile on her face a bit sheepish with her next words. "And I see, you think I'm pretty too? That's kind of you. You're not so bad yourself, Tiger. Maybe Winnie was right about that whole 'threesome' thing...one day...."

Chiara left it at that, winking at the white-haired boy as they continued on to the VIP seats.

"Come on, then. I want to make sure we get to see the end of Valsia and Zephyr's match."

Wow, this view was pretty stellar. She hadn't been in VIP seating in...some time, and back in the circus, it was nothing like this, since they didn't have the money to give specific watchers such added entertainment. She walked after Marín, who was checking out the fight as she stretched. Definitely a smart move...she had no idea if she was going next or not. So Chiara followed suit, looking around to make sure there was room before sliding into a split. She leaned forward, starting to stretch herself, hearing the sound of metal clanging as it came towards her.

"Hey! Smart pants and Germ kid, how have you two been? Do you even remember me?"

'Smart Pants'? Oh, she knew who that was. Chiara leaned backwards to stretch her other leg, her eyes meeting Suru's with a smile. "Suru, sweetheart. How are you? Good to see another Hunter on the way to the 201st floor." She hoped Suru could understand her implication. Chiara released the breath she was holding through her nose, inhaling again a moment after as she continued to stretch.

"It's over?"

Chiara stretched a bit more before sitting up as she recognized exactly what Marín was saying. Over? Already? She stood, looking over by where the younger girl was. Well, shit. Valsia did seem to be preparing a final attack. Well, that was good. The quicker they all got through their matches, the quicker Chiara would find out who she would be working with. She had faith in the people she'd seen so far. Chiara smiled down at Valsia and Zephyr.

"Winnie was right. Valsia is a clever fighter. Zephyr really did get a good partner."

Last edited:
Trevon Honigan
SLafN7Xnpa3RGEV6ZD1DCEIdxKacobDKXlUyEF6o_UoPZubLWIcd888akncTsCQyXui6Rwl_E2pewlNt68_JfyTK9BkuhH3G64XS_OJCbnTw_sRHWv6qhYWzJ-cmKa69-1p3MA1n

“Y-you think. . . .think me? Me and her?” Fred blushed. Trevon’s comments had seemingly flustered him. Timidly he peeked through his fingers at Trevon before covering his eyes again “And you think. . . .you think I’m pretty?”

Trevon was dumbfounded. All Trevon could do was raise a 'are you serious?' eyebrow in response. The boy had, surprisingly, really thrown him for a loop. First off, they weren’t dating apparently, but Fr-Chiron here seemed like he certainly wouldn’t mind it if that was the case.

Secondly, the guy actually liked being called pretty? He really would have been popular at Trevon’s old residence. They would have at least complimented certain parts of him in that way.

He face-palmed, sighed, and shook his head. What was this guy's angle? Was he trying to act all innocent and weak to get something?

Then a thought struck Trevon. Chiron was fighting today, right? He wanted Trevon to let his guard down. He let out a small chuckle. That kind of thing wouldn’t work on him. If they were opponent in the ring, Trevon wouldn't show him any mercy.

"That's what he said, Chiron. I think he might want a threesome~" The redhead teased.

Despite the comment being aimed at him, Trevon chuckled once again in spite of himself. The comment was a bit amusing, but what was funnier is that it would probably just fluster Chiron even more.

Trevon removed his hand from his face revealing his typical smirk once again. Two could play this game. He knew a little bit about mind games himself.

“Pretty? Sure, why not?” He eventually responded to Chiron. “But don’t get your panties in a twist, buddy. There are plenty of pretty people here.” He gestured to the group.

"Hm? No... I didn't" - Marín responded to his previous inquiry. He had honestly somewhat forgotten she was here. Good thing he had kept his comments somewhat PG.

Though the answer wasn’t all that useful, he appreciated the response despite the fact she conveniently seemed to have missed his ‘cut back on the candy’ comment.

"Whether I did or didn't, I don't see why I should tell you . I'd mentioned I'd come to cheer Chiron and Chiara in their matches, hadn't I?" His second less than useful response came from the fiery redhead, Winnifred.

It was pretty obvious she wasn’t very fond of him. In Trevon’s opinion, that made her by far the sanest person here. At least one person recognized his jabs and insults.

"…which, if you think about it, our client is likely one. A fighter in the Heaven’s Arena, I mean. He has a room in the 201st floor doesn’t he?” She observed.

Trevon would give her credit where it was due; she seemed pretty smart. He hadn’t really considered that personally.

However, her questions occupied very little of his concern. At the end of the day, it didn’t really matter. With the vagueness of the request, no one could really make any serious judgments about the client until they had met him or her. Besides, Trevon knew all too well that rules were more like guidelines that could be ignored if you had the sway.

Before he could comment on anything. A clearly overworked employee interrupted things.

The woman basically told them to move out of the aisle. She did her best to seem authoritative.

Trevon almost felt bad with how little he could take her seriously. She just didn’t have much of a presence, but he respected the fact she bothered standing up to them at all.

“Oh right, and if any of you are on today’s challenger roster then you can follow me to the VIP seating where you can wait on your match, to begin with, the rest of the contestants. I’ll need to see your Heavens Arena ID first though.” The employee added.

The next thing he knew Winnifred said her goodbyes and vanished. It caused him to double take for a moment before he shook his head. For someone who didn’t want an answer if she had passed the test or not, she was surprisingly willing to show off her new found abilities. When he had more time to think about it, he would try to figure out what it was.

Out of respect for the bit of backbone she’d shown, Trevon showed the employee his ID with only a roll of his eyes. Then he followed along behind her with everyone else.

"I really appreciated the way you had my back earlier. I'm not dating anyone, though, really, silly. What made you think that? Aren't I just as nice to you, Trevon?" Chiara said staring him directly in the eyes.

It was kind of off putting for Trevon. He almost looked away, but instead he just raised a questioning eyebrow. He still didn’t completely buy it. He kind of doubted all of Chiara’s 'friends' had airbag privileges.

"And I see, you think I'm pretty too? That's kind of you. You're not so bad yourself, Tiger. Maybe Winnie was right about that whole 'threesome' thing...one day...." She winked.

This time Trevon did look away. Not because of the 'Tiger' thing, though he admittedly preferred that to her other nickname for him. He was no stranger to being complimented on his good looks. Girls liked to convince themselves that they want a 'bad boy' after all. He looked towards the stadium watching the fighters for a moment before responding. He just . . .

“Let’s -” He glanced back at her. “-try to keep it PG, ok?” Trevon made a quick gesture toward Marín.

. . . didn’t want to deal with this right now.

Trevon lowered his voice. “And keep me out of your sick fantasies please.” He added with an annoyed look. If he wanted to be hit on, he'd be at a bar not Heaven's Arena.

Who knew people could be so exhausting? He’d had about enough of this group. Maybe if he was lucky some of them would lose here and go home. He had really been planning to work with some mix of assassins, mercenaries, criminals, and thugs on this job not these freaking goofballs.

It was at that point another freaking weirdo came running at them. Clearly the Hunter Exams really brought them out of the woodwork.

"Hey! Smart pants and Germ kid, how have you two been? Do you even remember me?"

And of-fucking-course she knew Chiron and Chiara over here. For some reason, they were real popular. Trevon’s eyebrow twitched in annoyance. He was done. He wasn't about to be suckered into being another pretty face in their little entourage.

“Hey.” He placed a hand on the employee’s shoulder. “I gotta go take a leak, alright?” He pointed back. “I’ll just hop in the arena if I hear my name called.”

Trevon quickly turned away from the group, not really waiting for a response from the exhausted woman. He paused for a moment before looking back at Marín.

“You’re right by the way, kid. Don’t overthink it. You’ve got nothing to worry about.”

He wasn’t completely sure of this himself, but her second guessing herself wouldn’t help. Trevon didn't particularly want to watch her get herself killed in this arena, but he couldn't really afford to intervene in her match either. The girl could hold her own though, so she should be fine.

“Well . . .” A sly smile spread across his face as he pointed to himself with his thumb. “Unless you’re going against me that is. Then I’m sending you home, twerp.”

Trevon turned his attention to rest of the group. "And that goes for the rest of you too. I'm moving up no matter who's in the way. Besides, the job really isn't for people like you."

Trevon turned away again and gave them a nonchalant wave. "Anyways, see ya when I see ya."

And with that he walked off. His info gathering had failed, but he had other plans in mind . . .

Chiron’s brain hardly had time to process the employee who approached their rather rowdy group, his wide eyes locked onto Winnie with the sorta look a child might give if they witness Santa Claus drop down their chimney on top of an open fire. Utter disbelief.
Him want to have a threesome including himself? And Chiara for that matter. He’d understand the male having an interest in her- she was a beauty after all with gorgeous blue eyes that stood out against her complexion. But him? Well he was just a hot mess in all the wrong ways.
Slowly his hands fell from his cherry red cheeks, a smudge of crimson blood from where his nose bleed was slowing to a trickle barely standing out against the hue.

“Pretty? Sure, why not? But don’t get your panties in a twist, buddy. There are plenty of pretty people here.”
There it was- the truth, though if he was honest Chiron still couldn’t help but take it as a compliment. It was an admission that this bad boy character did in fact think him to be pretty even if he was just one in a sea of good looking people here.
“Wouldn’t dream of it- you’re really right. I’m not used to being around many people if i’m being honest let alone good looking ones” Chiron’s words were followed by a nervous chuckle and him playing with the buckles on the straps of his overalls in an antsy fashion.

Only now did he register the employee as she spoke to the group, catching the tail end of what she had to say about them presenting their identification and moving along to a competitor’s waiting area. Seemed like this was where they’d need to split from Winnie if that was the case. Quickly he untucked the badge that hung from the lanyard around his neck from his shirt and held it out for the woman before he scurried back to Winifred and quickly took both her hands giving them a squeeze. “I see you’re just as clever as always! It was good seeing you too but don’t go talking like this is the last time! I’ve gotta make it to that 201st floor no matter what so i’ll be seeing you there!” With that he let go of her just in time for her hatsu to activate, thoroughly blowing his mind.
With a look of pure astonishment he turned back to the group practically vibrating from excitement. Now he had two reasons to make it to floor 201! He just had to ask Winnie about her nen abilities, it was amazing!

Though he didn’t exactly have time to dwell on that for long- "Hey! Smart pants and Germ kid, how have you two been? Do you even remember me?" hm that was yet another familiar voice- and a name that only one person had really called him before which had been part of his inspiration for his hatsu. Turning towards the heavy clunking of a metal leg he was of course met with Suru and a fond smile spread on his face. “Jeez this is just one big reunion huh? It’s good to see you tin can~” He teased in return playfully running up beside her, completely forgetting about the blood on his face once more so they could walk together towards the VIP area which thankfully distracted him enough to spare him from hearing Chiara’s mention of this fabled threesome to Trevon. Honestly- it was already getting to the point in the day where Chiron could take much more excitement or embarrassment.

Soon enough they were in the competitor’s booth, Chiron grinning now, rather content with today after having been able to catch up with so many old friends, however two words quickly shocked him out of this state.

"It's over?" What was over? Surely not the match- though when he looked back to the arena it was obvious that Valsia and Zephyr were being announced the victors. He was glad their friend had won but. . .”Already-?” Chiron heard his voice say without even thinking, cursing the hint of nervousness that lingered in his tone.
This meant that he had a chance of being up to bat next- and that was enough to make his stomach flip. . .hopefully he just wouldn’t have to go against anyone he’s met so far, they all seemed much too strong for him. After all- his whole strategy was a game of tag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back