• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
HAPER STEELBITE

The smell of whoever was following them lingered and itched at Harper. Her beast clawed at her skin, pushing itself at the surface., screaming at her to let go and let it take over. She grabbed at Ari arm and tugged at him roughly to follow knowing that time was of the essence before she would lose control. With a low rumble in her throat Harper growled out "Followed....They're....following...us.....Move....quickly.....please.....Can't....control self....much longer, Ari......Need to get....somewhere safe...." Her face felt flush as sweat fell. She didn't notice that a stick seemed to be also joining in on the chase. Her focus right now was on how her body was trembling and her hand was twitching violently.

'Let......go.......Let go! Let me out! Let me take over.......Take over.....I can take over.......Just for a minute.......Nothing will happen.....No blood will spill......Just let me go......You need rest......You look tired.......Let me go and I'll make things better.....'

A growly voice echoed in Harper's head. She knew it was her other half, her beast half. Making empty promises that no harm will be done while in a state of frenzy. But it was a lie and both sides knew it was a lie. She had to remove herself from the city, or at least away from a populated area. If whoever still wanted to follow they were more than welcome and were going to have a fight on their hand when her beast half does take over.

Interaction(s): TheSpeck TheSpeck FloofWhispers FloofWhispers
Mention(s): The Plaid Man The Plaid Man

Ari was extremely confused... Well more nervous than confused. The stranger was struggling with... Something.... and he didn't know what to do. Why was she acting so weird? He yanked his arm free after she grabbed his arm to drag him along, and backed away a bit. "Are..you ok?" He said, trying not to let the aggressive-panic side of him take over.

"Should I leave?" He looked around for a weapon, he didn't want to hurt her if she attacked him, and sharp claws would surely cause injury... There was a stick which he might be able to use. He looked at it, but it seemed to be too flimsy, so he decided he couldn't use it. He would use it if he he couldn't use anything else though.

"You need to get somewhere safe? I know a safe place." He said, a little hesitant about getting too close to her, but he still followed.

BoomersAndMash BoomersAndMash The Plaid Man The Plaid Man FloofWhispers FloofWhispers

Last edited:
DIRECTOR SHADEN

Listening to the concern that Nescura had Shaden had to agree with request that was made. She grabbed her pen and paper and wrote a few notes down. "I'll have the sat up soon and undercover works too. We do have the resources to spare on this." She looked at the images from when the creature had attacked and frowned knowing that The Coven had a dangerous weapon on their side. "We need to make sure your partner is alive still and then we'll talk about the undercover work." Shaden spoke coolly as she began to walk ahead of Nescura to the medical wing. She waved for the other woman to follow her.
Interaction(s): BoomersAndMash BoomersAndMash
Pvt. James Ramirez | Nescura V'Dola

"Yes ma'am. I did what I could do to seal the wounds before I attacked Carnage. I could sense the toxins in his wounds...felt similar to the death sentence injection." Nescura spoke as she followed the Director to the medical ward.
Ramirez was stripped of his clothing and given a separate room. Several machines were hooked up to him. The heart monitor beeped quietly as Ramirez slept in the medical bed. As the Director approached a Doctor approached her with a tablet in his hands. "Director Shaden, ma'am. We've done all we could, but whatever attacked him left traces of highly lethal liquids. We have a Magicka drip hooked onto him, but we don't know how long until the liquid reaches his heart. The magicka has so far kept the poison away, and hopefully, we'll have an expert in by the next couple hours." The Doctor spoke before quietly opening the door to the patients' room.

The Twilight Knight

Her most recently acquired job was a doozy, or so she thought. It was an Athena turncoat. She didn't know why somebody would step away from Athena, but to be entirely frank, she didn't really care. Atheia made it a habit to not learn the target's name if they had one, instead referring to them mentally as to what type of monster they were, whether that be dragon, werewolf, vampire, or whatever horror decided to recklessly stalk the night. After all, she was a hunter, not a contract assassin, which meant to her, she killed monsters and not people. If she sat around learning every wretched creature's sob story, there would be a lot more dead people between her and her target that she'd have to avenge.

The huntress had perched herself on the roof of a building and had been tracking her target for some time. Thankfully, the target had no idea they were being watched. Atheia had taken note that after every turn-in, her target would stop by at this specific bar. Obviously, it was well known for the bounties, but Atheia had her contacts. After all, she never liked the atmosphere of earthly 'bars', they never had the same feeling as the taverns back home.

Of course, the absolute mayhem that followed suit was nothing that she could've prepared for, but she did her best to merely keep out of sight, and keep her eyes on the prize. After the transformation, she was sure that this was the mark. Interestingly, the target was carrying one of the attackers from the battle away after the other monster had started to deal with the surprise mercenaries that had showed up. Perhaps the military man was an accomplice? She didn't see anything like that on the bounty. What about the shifter? She'd have to try and separate her mark from her allies in any way possible, if she was going to try and catch her tonight. Her mind was racing as the situation escalated, then deescalated, trying to put together why and how all the pieces fit together in the way that it did, until she saw the werewolf round a corner.

She took a deep breath in, and then let it out.

"Focus."

She followed the monster as it carried the soldier away, leaping from rooftop to rooftop as it bounded into an alleyway. Eventually, the soldier was carried off by a woman that turned into one of those flying contraptions, and that left her target mostly alone. Some cripple had taken interest, but they were clearly a non-actor, a helpful bystander just looking to do the right thing at the wrong time. Poor fellow. Atheia had her target in a weak state, and she wasn't going to let this golden opportunity pass, she'd just have to be as eagle-eyed as she usually was so this bystander didn't get in the way.

Without much of a thought, her bow found itself in her hands, then an arrow was knocked. The silver broadhead was chosen especially for the mission, as werewolves had impenetrable hides for the most part, except against silver.

Her hand fished around in her cloak for the provided picture of her target. Short brown hair, little cuts nicks up and down her body, and from the transformation, a werewolf. This was the target alright. She put the photo away and whispered a little prayer to herself before drawing her bow back.

"Tonight you die, Harper Steelbite."

Interaction: BoomersAndMash BoomersAndMash

Also Relevant: TheSpeck TheSpeck

HAPER STEELBITE

Her grip on control was waning she needed to move fast if it was prevent any injuries from happening. Why was he asking too many questions? Can't Ari just let her lead him along to some place safe and then she could answer him? Her eyes flashed up to his face, seeing the fear and concern. She had little time left. "Safe....place....Ari......Before transforming.....Wound is making....it worse....Please....no more questions.....Help me......" The final part was a strained whimper as her knees buckled. Her chest heaved quickly while bone snapping sounds popped along her body. She didn't want to hurt Ari and brought up an arm to warn him to stay back. A painful cry came out as Harper closed her eyes tight, trying in one last attempt to keep the beast within from tearing itself out. In a gurgled growl she warned out "Stay.....back! Can't.....control it! Please! Don't.....want.....to.....hurt you......or anyone..."

It was her final words before the beast finally took full control. In an instant everything seemed to fall silent, then a loud hellish roar erupted from the skies and back down to earth. Those around Ari and Harper paused in that moment staring wide eyed at the two, watching as the woman before them was now transformed into that of a killing machine.

'Awaken. Alive. Alert. My time is now. How long it's been since we've been on a blood frenzy?'

A sneer and snarl spread across Harpers face as she looked down at her claws, slowly wiggling them to give them a test. Standing straight up her head moved from side to side giving a crack to stretch out any knots that may have formed from the transformation. Her body quickly turned and started straight at Ari, bearing her fangs and golden eyes straight into the other person and giving out a inhuman chuckle.

"Kill......" it grumbled out low. One word, one word that meant one thing. There was going to be blood tonight. Without any warning or hesitation Harper pushed her legs forward to rush at Ari with her claws drawn. She was now lost in her blood frenzy and didn't seem to even notice that from atop of a building danger lurked with a pointed arrow that was aimed at her. All she wanted was to spill blood, nay not her, her beast wanted to spill blood.

Interaction(s): TheSpeck TheSpeck
Mention(s): Shadowfall Shadowfall

Ari couldn't understand what she was saying. Did she want him to go somewhere safe? Did she want him to lead her somewhere safe? No more questions? He took another step back, his claws unsheathing simply because he was afraid. A crackling sound erupted from the woman, and suddenly she was turning into some sort of beast. his eyes widened a bit and he momentarily froze completely, not even breathing. He couldn't focus on trying not to hurt her, he needed to try not to get mauled.

As the beast in front of him came charging at him with murderous intent, he dodged to the side and nearly tripped, but regained his balance and ended up behind her. He was unprepared at the moment... He needed to ready himself, quick. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes only for a split second, trying to calm down and backing away. He had to remind himself that he had fought something this vicious before. He could survive... He new he could, but the creature in front of him terrified him. He felt adrenaline pulsing through him, and he knew if the thing attacked him again he would go into full on fight mode... He didn't want to hurt her though...

Direct mentions: BoomersAndMash BoomersAndMash

DIRECTOR SHADEN

The news was bad, of course it was. Never was there any good news when it came to something like this and Shaden should have expected nothing less. She took the tablet and frowned at the data that was in front of her and what the doctor had said. They needed someone who was an expert on biomass of this size and as of right now they didn't really know of anyone. She shook her head handing the tablet back to the doctor and made her way to going into Ramirez room. He looked sick but better than when he first came back to base. Shaden shook her head slowly, not sure what to make of all of this as to what they should all do. Before she could speak a phone buzzed in her pocket. Pulling it out she quickly answered with "Shaden."

"Director, we just got reports of fight breaking out close to where the attack had happened. It's between a werewolf and some other being. Orders?"

Just her luck, not only has The Coven found a new play thing to use against them but it seems as though the supernatural are going off against each other. Normally they wouldn't meddle in the affairs when it came to fights like this but with it being so close to the attack site Shaden knew that this could spell trouble. "I'll send in someone to break it up and question the two. Keep me informed."

"Roger ma'am."

Pinching the bridge of her nose she gave out a tired sigh and turned out towards the door leading to where Nescura was. "I need you to break up a fight between a werewolf and something else. When they've cooled off question them if you don't mind. I don't need anymore distractions from what has happened today and the less mess we have to deal with the better."

Interaction(s): Stricken Steel Stricken Steel

Interaction(s): BoomersAndMash BoomersAndMash , TheSpeck TheSpeck , Shadowfall Shadowfall , The Plaid Man The Plaid Man

"Another attack? Damn." She wasn't surprised. Harper must've gone in a frenzy, but from what?
"I'll be on it boss, Make sure you find someone that can treat him. Please." Nescura spoke before sprinting down the hall and out of the hangar bay. On the airstrip, Nescura quickly transformed into a high-speed jet-like missile, and before you know it there was a loud boom sound and she was gone. As she neared the site of the incident she landed on the ground and quickly approached the beast.
"Hey you!" She shouted out towards her once friend...now a beast. She quickly ran into the beast, wrapped her now elongated arms around the werewolf, before her lower legs transformed into jet-like objects. "Can't let you cause any damage!" In a quick moment, they were already ascending into the air, Nescura trying to keep the damage to a minimum as possible.

-------------------------
Dr. Ludwig

A grey private jet came down onto the airstrip of the base and in minutes the jet was parked in the hangar with its' engines powered off. There was a single passenger on board, other than the two pilots and one attendant. The man was in a recently cleaned pair of white khakis, a long sleeve white button-up with a brown leather vest. He got up from his seat and straightened up his glasses, as well as his tie. Although most people couldn't tell, there were few strings of grey hairs hidden in his jet-black hair.
The door of the jet opened up, and the Doctor stepped out with a large leather briefcase. On his back was some sort of 'Ghostbusters' themed powerpack, with a strange-looking gun attached to it. He kept on walking, until finally coming across the Director, Director Shaden. "Ah, za lady. Zirector Shaden I presume?" He spoke with a thick German accent, which caught some of the guardsmens' attention. He stuck his hand out to shake with her, before continuing. "I hear you wanted a top doctor, zo here I am. I am...Doctor Ludwig."

HARPER STEELBITE

Ari moved out of the way which caused Harper to snap at the air and snarl in anger. She shook her head roaring again in frustration at the lack of blood being shed. "Stay.....Still!" her voice rumbled. Placing herself on all fours she rushed at Ari again and lunged with terrifying speed. Saliva dripped from her fangs at the thought of blood being drawn. When she missed again and skitter across the ground, claws digging into the pavement. How annoying this was becoming. Why wouldn't this person just give up and let her take the first bite? Just let it be done so she could start her frenzy.

Flaring her nostrils Harper slowly circled around Ari, growling low. "Stop.....moving......Kill you....now!" Preparing to lunge again Harper was about to jump when a voice called out that caught her attention. Snapping her head to the direction she saw Nescura standing behind her and soon her attention changed from Ari to Nescura

'Worthy opponent. Better to go against. Was bored with that man anyways. This will be fun.'

Snapping in the direction of Nescura as a warning Harper was about to charge at her when something wrapped around her body and held her tightly. She struggled in the grip and tried to break free as she felt herself being lifted off the ground.

"Let....GO! Kill! LET GO! KILL YOU!" she barked out and furiously shook in Nescura grip.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

DIRECTOR SHADEN

The arrival of the doctor didn't phase Director Shaden as it seemed to phase some other agents. She waved Dr. Ludwig to follow her, thankful that this man seemed to have a sense of confidence to him which set her at somewhat ease. "Please come with me. We have a dire situation on our hands and I have heard great things about you." she spoke. Shaden wasn't trying to inflate the mans ego but from his file he has an extensive medical knowledge and has seemed to study unusual subjects that would baffle the normal scientific field. To say that she was putting her trust and the trust of one of her agents life in this doctors hands was an understatement. She was putting more than just trust, she was expecting results in a positive fashion and failure on his part would not be an option.

"We have an issue that needs your attention and it needs to be done right now. One of my agents is battling for his life against an unknown......I'll call it a disease right now but it's not contagious as from what we can see." Shaden looks over her shoulder to make sure that Ludwig was keeping up with her pace. Now was not the time to dillydally. She spoke again with the same serious tone. "From what we picked up it was a biomass that attacked my agent and our efforts to get rid of whatever is happening to his body is failing. We're just basically keeping him alive on borrowed time. This is where you come in. And by God I hope your reputation means something, Ludwig." She stopped and gave the doctor a steely look that said not to question or mess with her. Placing her hand on the touch pad Shaden open the door to the medical wing

The doctors watched carefully as the two entered and Shaden quickly made her way to Ramirez room where she could see him through the observation window and nodded in Ludwig's direction to tell him that this is who she was talking about. "He's dying by something we're not sure of but whatever it is......It's killing him and we don't know how the hell to stop it. You're our only hope."

Interaction(s): TheSpeck TheSpeck Stricken Steel Stricken Steel

The Twilight Knight
She took a breath in, and let it go. Breathe in, then out.

Let go at the perfect time. That's how you release an arrow, just let the thing fly and knock another, just in case. She just had to wait for the time, where her target wasn't moving so she could get a careful shot through the neck. She didn't want to waste more than one arrow on a monster, and she wanted the death to be quick.

Then, it happened too quick for her to process. The werewolf transformed from their human disguise to their true form whilst groaning warnings and growling agony as their bones popped and fur grew into place. The civilian, at least until a set of claws came forth from his fingers, dodged back and prepared to fight. Atheia must've picked the worst day to try and take out this target with the amount of supernaturals showing up and messing with her hunt.

She watched as the two lunged and dodged away from each other, too fast for her to really get that clean shot she wanted, and her arm was starting to tire.

Just as quickly, the scream of some shrill beast tore through the air before abruptly stopping nearby, and a third party entered the melee. Atheia sucked her teeth in frustration as the third combatant immediately detained her catch. At this point, she didn't care anymore. Her mark was being stolen in front of her face, and she wasn't going to let that happen. As the third supernatural began to ascend, she released the tension on the arrow and tucked both her bow and arrow away. As soon as the flyer got within range, she began to sap it of it's energy and slowly put it to sleep. No creature is going to show up without warning out of nowhere and steal her contracts, no matter what!

Interactions: BoomersAndMash BoomersAndMash Stricken Steel Stricken Steel
Mentions: TheSpeck TheSpeck

Ari had managed to dodge his way out of the fight, thankful that some sort of flying creature carried the werewolf away. The running made his limp worse as he backed away, looking up at the now mid-air battle. The situation made his head hurt. What the heck just happened? One moment he was walking down the street and the next he was being attacked by a werewolf, then the next the werewolf was in the sky, and- wait... An arrow flying through the sky toward the airborne fight? He tracked where the arrow had come from, and, barely visible on the roof of a building, was a person. He didn't know who they were but they were trying to attack the people in the air, and he didn't want either of those people to get hurt because the werewolf was nice and whoever was flying saved his life.

He couldn't get up the building, so he stared at the person. Stared so intensely that his threatening ability probably kicked in, though he didn't know this. He could try to shoot them with his bow... But what if they were nice? He also didn't have the bow on him. If worse came to worse he would probably climb the building and attack them. He stared for a while longer, then turned his attention back to the sky battle, although he kept the person on the roof in his peripheral vision.

BoomersAndMash BoomersAndMash Stricken Steel Stricken Steel Shadowfall Shadowfall

Sir Sticksworth was watching the skirmish unfold and commented on various things, all in his though of course "Ah, so they all are supernatural. Ho ho ho, who are these people to cause violence to one another? And I thought I knew the supernatural race, it must be the humans tainting their blood, or, something." As Ari is observing the human on the roof they're about 3 inches away from Sticksworth "Ah, unfortunate that this fine member of society wasn't coming to my location to pick me up." Sticksworth then proceeded to think of another voice to have a conversation with.

Interaction(s): BoomersAndMash BoomersAndMash , TheSpeck TheSpeck , Shadowfall Shadowfall , The Plaid Man The Plaid Man

"Agh!" She had let go, hearing the werewolf chant 'Let go' dozens of times. She was about to, until she felt the uneasiness as if she had her life-force being sucked out. Nescura let go, before falling to the ground herself. "Command this is...Agent Nescura. Gonna need some backup, Got a sapper here." She spoke softly, her words being transmitted like she was using a radio.
Then she saw them up on the edge of the roof with a bow and arrow, "You! You have no permission to...enter this fight civilian! This fight is under ATHENA jurisdiction now!
Dr. Ludwig

"So poisoning then? I have a...bit of experience in that certain field, ma'am. I'll have him cured by today, That, I can promise." He spoke before sitting his gun and pack down, before sitting his briefcase on the counter. "I'll have to take a bloodtest though, so I can figure out what it is and conjure up a cure for everyone." He opened up his suitcase and looked through the dozens of neatly placed items.
He pulled out a silver syringe and a pink liquid-filled glass as well as a purple liquid-filled glass. The syringe was filled halfway with the two liquids and injected the liquids into his arm. "This is a mixture of a stabilizing agent and an anti-poison agent. It should destroy the toxins inside, but I will have to administer another dosage in the next 2 hours in order to fully cure him, Until then. Director, I will watch over him."

"Red"

Role: Hunter

The clickity-clack of talon against slate and stone echoed across the cold dark walls within the shyly leering warehouse among the branches of alleys of the city. "Take him~" The words holding no remorse for the frail man that was dropped on the forgiving ground before a rather finely dressed man before him. Speaking with distaste along with the already raspy-guttural growl of his voice, the Kaiyathn looked down to the pimp-like gentlemen in his way. "You have what you asked for, do you not? Now that I do believe ends the term of our--" Taking a moment to choose the right word. "agreement, Svahn Drellion of The Bane..." He hissed his full name and title in frustration as if it was unwilling incrested into his mind; the violent lash of his tail made much proof of his apparent malice. The male, maybe, half of the beast's size flicked a hand to a nearby lacky and pointed down to the pitifully shaking kobold who was wise enough to stay leaning forward on his knees as if the suited man who stood just a foot away held some kind of infamous prestige. Though unfortunately, the small reptilian was dumb enough to get himself caught by the notoriously fur-encompassed Athenian Hunter that huffed as he was dragged along. With that, the beast's arm was pat as if to serve a patronized congratulation upon his achievement. He snarled at his putrid touch, a sound that didn't even phase the man, which could only prove his impressive courage- or simple blunt stupidity.

"Ah, my bestial friend, you forget...-" he began

"My memory- holds no holes you old fool, I recall your words just as much as you, such that spoke of the termination of my services to your dishonorable practices of narcotic trades and blasphemous antics with the final delivery of another bounty..." Dressed in a large fur coat that fit nicely around his furry-muscular frame with his legs just barely able to pull off his cargo shorts, the Kaiyathn was doing a rather good job of assimilating to the contemporary time for a beast originating from the third century.

"Of course, Of course..." The smile that slid across the male's lips made the hunter conjure a malevolent hiss from the back of his throat. "However, times have changed, and I have allied myself with even more of the city's gangs," A sudden bark of a chuckle as he pat the Kaiyathn's shoulder once more, doing so despite just how hostile it made the very creature that could tear away his flesh like butter with a mere second to a thought. "Allied I say, but wasn't it you who delt with their heads and left their followers desperately searching for a leader, a node I do thank you by the way." He said this as if his "friend" should feel pride in such attainment.

"I do not dally, in the pathetic skirmish of the city's gangs, Svahn Drellion of the Bane... I did so to serve my side of the deal... that has ended." he snarled once more.

"Oh- OH, I know. You take on the smaller task for the glory of Athena, yes, yes. I know. But I'm afraid, due to the now larger- taxing, work I will have to pull in order to keep the bulk of those under my command in line..." A cocky raise of his brow. "I will require your services more than I thought, I hope you don't mind."

In a mere fraction of a second the beast baring his dozens upon dozens of serrated fangs as he lunged toward the male and placed either side of his arms on the ground, right beside him, leaving his snarling face just inches from his face. "You dare think you can take such treacherous actions against me..??!!" He nearly raged with an animosity potent enough to turn the average person pale. But yet and still, the male before him but only blinked, shaken- but standing tall in a figurative sense that bestowed an aura of prominence over the savage of a beast, and he could do nothing to change that in the man's eyes it seemed.

He smiled, "Do you remember what my threat was to you the first day you provided me your services...?" And need him only the sentence to prove who had power over who in this situation. And unfortunately--... they both knew it wasn't he who bore the most strength, speed, and prowess out of the pair. Under a moment of mental strain, conflict, and agitation, the beast regressed from the male's frame, leaving him be for the time being. But one day he'd-

SHOOOM

The boom and crack of wind and snarling burst through their ears close by. A particular sound that caused the beast's ears to flatten under the aching pitch of its noise, but alas, this was no place he should be if any commotion regarding Athena was near. With a hand, the executive snapped toward his men who had been standing idly with a few supplies and the quiet captive. As he and his men began to move out the other way, his commands met his ears as he too turned to make his way out the abandoned building. "This is an important base I use for my gangs, beast, handle whatever the ramble is and make sure this building is not touched , and our route isn't followed, understand?" The male of claws and fur acknowledged him with a mere growl in annoyance before his body disappeared out a nearby window.

As if to walk the walls like a spider, his claws easily dug into the drywall and brick of the building, nearing the point of commotion with little attention paid to him under the already loud fermenting matter not too far away. Soon enough, his body began to change and warp in appearance, his body seemingly becoming invisible as he arrived at the scene. The male's much larger frame was quiet and still overhead the two bodies of stickman and Ari that conversed below, but alas, he preferred a better view of the matter and scaled the building under precautioned movement before settling at the top. Melding his fur and body with his surroundings, he appeared to be nothing more than a few A/C units as to not spook the bow and arrowed woman on the other side of the roof. And with that, his eyes sketched across each individual, seeing none of them to be of any threat, at least no more than what they already were toward each other.

filler! ignore!

filler! ignore!

filler! ignore!

filler! ignore!

filler! ignore!

[/comment]

-->
♡design by latte, coded by uxie♡
-->

Last edited:
Alcatraz

Suit Sequence Initiated...
"Alcatraz? Alcatraz, Are you there? Ah, there you are."
Defrosting Sequence Initiated...
Warning! Life Support Priority!
"Alcatraz...listen. I don't have much time left, and I don't know how long it's been. I thought...I thought I was gone for good. Whenever I pulled that trigger, I only killed my body. But here I am. Listen, Marine, I don't know what happened and or where we are, but the suit has had enough time to grow into your body...effectively speaking: You are now the suit. The suit has restored your health from whatever time we had in here. Make sure you do your best, Do whatever you have to in order t-" Barnes voice cut out mid-sentence before his voice distorted and he kept repeating the same thing over and over, before silence.
Warning! Unknown External power source detected!

Alcatraz slowly opened his eyes, his visor loaded several tools into view, which displayed a live projection of the suits' status. Barnes was gone, No more second chances. The armoured super-soldier tore a wire from the back of his helmet, before the door of the Cryo-pod opened. Crisp cool air entered the darkened laboratory before Alcatraz stepped onto the floor of the room. His boots made crunching sounds from the ice crystals on the soles of his boots, before the ice began to slowly melt off the armor.
He turned his head from side to side, and no life signs were picked up. Suddenly, A red alarm mounted on the wall began to blair. "Warning. Warning. Live Nanotech in Lab B3! Live Nanotech in Lab B3! All Security Members maintain protocol and quarantine subject!" An automated voice sounded before the stomping of boots could faintly be heard.
One hell of a day already. What more could there be?

The Twilight Knight

Atheia smirked a little as the flyer sputtered and fell back to the ground, turning into it's humanoid form once more, but that satisfaction was short lived as a different feeling began to overtake her; the type of fear she felt when she had escaped that burning building, the same feeling that drove her into the wilderness, and made her hate her brethren for their lack of care for those not as fortunate as they: Fear. Fight or flight overtook her good sense of reasoning, and the hunter's instincts and muscle training drove her to finish the job like she did when scavengers appeared to try and take her trophy, help her arrows find their necks and ask for a bigger reward from her employer.

She began to slink back from the edge of the rooftops to get a new angle on the combat, bow in one hand and dagger in the other. Flight was always an issue whenever she tried to take down large creatures like werewolves. Giant eagles would swoop down and take her hauls back home often enough that she had developed a relatively simple plan for dealing with them: Stay within enough range to drain them as they landed and tried to take off. Usually worked enough.

From her new position closer to the mouth of the alley, she readied and fired silver arrows at the shifting creature.

Interactions: Stricken Steel Stricken Steel BoomersAndMash BoomersAndMash
Mentions: TheSpeck TheSpeck The Plaid Man The Plaid Man

HARPER STEELBITE

With a 'thud' on the ground Harper looked up at Nescura snapping her jaws in anger from being stopped. The scene was becoming too chaotic, even for this werewolf. Her eyes darted around for an escape and soon she pushed herself on all fours towards the nearest alleyway. The blood will fly soon, once she was away from those trying to stop her.

'Get away. If they want to follow let them follow! They will die by my hands!'

Rounding the corner Harper felt her heart beating faster, along with the pulse of the wound. It seemed to have a mind of it's own and the pain was getting worse. It was then a strange whistling sound caught her ears that seemed to be coming from behind her. Picking up her head Harper looked around to see what was causing the sound when a sharp burning sensation hit her shoulder. Her eyes grew wide in terror as a painful cry came out of her mouth. Out of sheer instinct she ran as fast as she could away from the where the attack happened.

More of the whistling sound seemed to follow and the once blood thirsty werewolf was now running for cover and to save her own life. Her heart beat rapidly against her chest and thundered in her ears. Harper tried to keep her movements erratic against whoever was firing arrows. Trash cans, boxes and random litter scattered along Harpers path. She didn't know where she was going, just that she had to get out of there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIRECTOR SHADEN

Dr. Ludwig was her only hope and she knew she could do nothing more to assist the man. Turning to leave him alone she was entrusting an outside source with an agents life. Walking out of the medical wing Shaden continued down the hallway when an alarm was set off. Looking up at the ceiling she stared at it for a moment as if to ask someone that was looking down at her if they were enjoying seeing her trying to put out 10 different fires today? Pulling out her phone Shaden speed dialed the head of security to get things straightened out. There was also the matter of sending back up to Nescura too. What a hell of a day to be a director for the supernatural.

"Security. This is Wayne."

"Wayne, what the hell is happening? I just left the medical wing and was about to order back up for Nescura and now I have an alarm going off about a subject?"

On the other end she could hear the man sigh and even could envision him pinching the bridge of his nose. Wayne didn't like things getting messy to where the director questioned things about his work. The two got along great but when it came down to surprises like this Shaden could become a handful to deal with.

"We got it under control ma'am. One of the cryo-pods opened up. We're going in to assets the situation right now. I've already told my mean not to use lethal force since we want to have this one on our side."

So he had things under control. It still didn't make Shaden feel comfortable about it all. She would want to go down there herself with Wayne and see who or what was in the cryo-pod and make the call of what force to use from there. But Wayne had his was about his job and he had been there since Shaden first started as director and has guided her through many tough roads. So she couldn't say that he didn't know what he was doing. Taking a deep breath she gave a small nod.

"Just.....report back to me. And be safe."

"Always am ma'am."

The line goes dead and Shaden stands in the hallway knowing that she still has a lot of work to do to keep the humans and supernatural safe.

Interaction(s): Shadowfall Shadowfall Stricken Steel Stricken Steel
Mention(s): TheSpeck TheSpeck

As the woman got closer, Nescura could only make out details on the person. "Base, We have a mercenary involved. Class-4 sapper, Armed with bow and arrow setup. Engaging with non-lethal." She spoke quickly before a silver-tipped arrow pierced her chest. She let out a gasp, surprised she didn't even see it coming. "Whoa there," She spoke before pulling out the arrow. The silver-tip had disintegrated into her body, as she was a mass of metal.
"You see my friend, Im made of metal. I can shift. And I sure as hell can still arrest you." The wooden stick dropped to the ground and made a small clinking sound. She looked down at her hands, and with whatever power was left inside, She began to transform. "You...cannot...kill...me." She let out before her form transformed into a large attack helicopter with a two modified cannons to shoot rounds fast enough to sting, but not penetrate...
The Apache.
DtOlmciWoAAwYIU.jpg
"This is gonna sting for you." One of the cannons began to fire in the direction of the archer.

Alcatraz

All suit functions stabilized.

No further user injuries were detected.
Life support mode terminated.
Rerouting all routine functions.

Alcatraz looked around the lab, It seemed to be some sort of Cryo-based facility, and it definitely wasn't owned by CELL. He approached the steel-carbon door of the lab, and his visor allowed for a quick hack to unlock it. He felt better, but where was he? The door hissed open slowly, Its electric-activated gears grinded against one another as the door slid open to reveal an actually well-kept hallway.
The nanosuited soldier poked his head out into the hallway, before seeing what appeared to be a group of armed security guards rushing towards him. Before pulling his head back in, the suit displayed multiple details about the guards. The name tags were clear, but something else caught his eye. A white 'A' symbol encased in a black circle was on each of the guards' shoulders, but what did 'A' stand for?
With a single thought, the post-human warrior disappeared from the eye.

CalmFormalGosling-max-1mb.gif
He crouched down and quickly squirmed into the hallway, taking an even closer look at the people. They were carrying weapons similar to that of the M4 Series carbines, fitted with magazines full of non-lethal rubber bullets.
He stood up in front of the group, and reappeared in front of the group. Alcatraz might've spooked them, but they seemed innocent enough. He raised his hands slowly and then there was a clinking sound from his left hand. Wrapped around the husk-like glove was a set of special dog tags, Alcatraz tags.

Ari was starting to get overwhelmed by everything that was happening. He thought for a moment... He needed to distract himself to calm down. He wasn't in the fight, so he could pause for a moment. As he looked around for a distraction, his eyes caught on the stick. He liked sticks. Carving was fun. He walked over and picked the stick up, holding it tightly since he was on edge. Maybe he could make it into something?

The Plaid Man The Plaid Man

Sir Sticksworth was having the same conversation inside his own little wooden head, and then noticed that the fine supernatureal was about to pick him up 'Oh, goody it's been quite some time before I was able to communicate to the outside world, and now a golden opportunity is placed before me on a silver plant-ter, oh yes, it will be quite the joyous occasion. As soon as Ari picked up Sir Stickworth, he would have jumped for joy if he had legs, and immediately communicated to Ari 'Greetings fine specimen of kindness, my name is Sir Stickworth, I am pea-sed to meet your acquaintance, I know those puns might seem a bit bad at first, but hey, they'll grow on you' and Sir Sticksworth laughs to himself beliving he is the funniest person in the universe

"Red"

Role: Hunter

• It was hard to find what the real issue was under such chaos, as the lot of them seemed so passionate to kill and maim each other like nothing but feral hounds. Though, taking in the fact that the main provoker- he could only guess- was of such node, didn't fail to make some sort of sense to him. After all, the Lycan's sight struck familiar, perhaps the lithe woman and the shifting female were hunters, fighting over the same bounty, one that was quickly making a getaway, and hopefully pull their attention towards. The two creatures that chatted down below just a feeble ways from the commotion were a different story it seemed. However, he wasn't left much time to think about it as his three eyes darted toward the now hovering copter with guns poised to fire. A timid growl ruptured from his throat in aggravation as his form lowered to the ground and nearly shrunk into his surroundings to keep his cover. Of all the places to make a racket- this building was not the place to do it near, in fact, this whole block was filled with things that were better-left unstirred; and if they were Athenian agents- then he definitely didn't want them here.

Splitting his thoughts although, was the rattled trigger of gunshots that rained upon the huntress, and just unfortunately enough-- upon him as well due to his relatively close distance. Bullets that were shot awry began to pelt the rooftop around him, and under a split second was a decision made; the beast's talos took prompt hold of two large A/C units, ripping metal and cement from their perch before holding them in front of him and sheilding him from part of the copter's barrage. His cover surely blown under a performance of brutality, such prompting a growled toward his own instinct. As soon as the bullets showed indication of letting off, he threw the two hunks of metal aside as if they were nothing. Though one of the bulks flew toward the side of the roof, crashing against the edge before tumbling down the side and straight toward the pair of Sticksworth and Ari. A node he didn't at all mean to splay, but alas, the two would have to move aside fast.

In hindsight, however, the large beast of furry red and black reared back on all fours and vaulted across the rooftop before seeming to disappear into the dark shade beneath the large water tower that laid at the roof's corner. Audible, clacks and tacks of his claws alongside the bellowed rumble of growl were heard, but just glimpses of his presence were spotted as the massive creature could be believed to be climbing up the stables of the water tank. It was uncertain if it was hostile, but his three lurking eyes were always apparent.

filler! ignore!

filler! ignore!

filler! ignore!

filler! ignore!

filler! ignore!

[/comment]

-->
♡design by latte, coded by uxie♡
-->

Last edited:
(When I'm talking to stick worth I'm gonna put the words in a ' instead of ")

Ari was surprised to hear a voice, no, not a voice, It seemed to be himself speaking to himself in his mind? But the voice speaking didn't sound like the one he used when thinking his own thoughts. Had he finally gone insane? He wouldn't be surprised. 'plant puns...? Sir stick worth?' he looked down at the stick he was holding, loosening his tight grip. Was the stick speaking to him? 'hello.... are you alive?' he paused a moment, 'Why am I talking to a stick? Or thinking I'm talking to a stick when I'm really not and instead have gone insane?' his attention snapped away from the stick as the sound of crashing caught his attention. An AC unit fell toward him. He dove to the side, barely avoiding getting crushed and ending up on the ground with the stick still held tightly in his hand.

The Plaid Man The Plaid Man

The Twilight Knight

As she loosed arrow after arrow, only a few hitting their marks, she growled as the lycan escaped farther into the network of alleys deeper into the city. A little chase during the hunt was usual, especially when hunting animals. It was a matter of following the trail of blood as it bled, and coming across the creature during it's final breaths. She considered this final sleep the true judge of a creature's character. Sometimes, monsters would nip at her as she approached, using what little energy they had in defiance, but rarely, other monsters asked for a final warm embrace before the cold fingers of death ripped them away. At the end of the day, she knew she was helping the world by ridding it of monsters, but it was rare when she didn't feel some sort of emotion at the end of a hunt, despite the years.

However, today didn't have a simple chase in store for her. She had some shifting faerie that had made it their goal to steal her bounty at every possible step, and a strangely dressed civilian she desperately was trying not to hit in the crossfire. As her mark escaped, she fired at the entity that had been trying to stop her.

The first thing Atheia found strange was when her expensive silvered arrow struck, sunk into the creature's flesh, and then stayed there, shaft and feathers spat out onto the ground with an unceremonious clattering. Frustrating, especially since she doubted that her flint arrows that she usually used to deal with this sort of situation probably wouldn't be too effective either. Flint worked great against flesh, breaking apart within the target and flying as true as any other arrow, but against whatever this creature was made of, probably some incorporeal essence born of a fae creature, she doubted that unless she knew what ancient weakness it had, her non-standard arrows weren't going to work. Even the salt she kept on her person would probably be useless unless she figured out what the hell she was fighting.

As the huntress's mind worked double time, she learned of the second thing this creature did that she found strange: It told her exactly what it was, what it could do, and what it intended to do. Why? What purpose does it gain from telling her exactly what it was capable of, and in contrast, what it wasn't? All of that thought process went up in smoke as it shifted into one of those flying contraptions whose name escapes her, and leveled it's weapons.

"This is gonna sting for you."

Atheia let out a small curse in her native tongue before diving off the roof and transitioning into a roll, stinging pain from a hail of bullets twisting her back and causing her to tumble hard as she landed. She was sure something had broke, potentially a toe or worse, but she needed to chase after her mark. She didn't have a choice at this point, since she somehow earned herself an active pursuer. There wasn't time to comprehend the pain as she sprinted as fast as she could, shoving past the civilian and narrowly dodging a block of metal that had probably been shot off or tossed down at her.

Interactions: Stricken Steel Stricken Steel BoomersAndMash BoomersAndMash
Mentions: TheSpeck TheSpeck First Rose First Rose

(Gotcha)
Stickworth kept on giggling in his own head until Ari addressed him, just then he noticed how distressed Ari was. 'Ah, where are my manners? My appologies, let me explain, you see, yes, I am alive, and no, you have not gone mad, by my standards at least-' he paused and got startled by the AC unit chrashed directly next to Ari. 'Good heavens, that was quite the spectacle, now who would throw that shrub-ish at us?' Sticksworth giggles for a moment 'Well, anyway, I suppose I should tell you why you are talking to a stick, but, something tells me we might want to get to a safer area.' Sticksworth was obviously referencing the imminent danger on almost every side 'I suggest, if I may, casting spells from me, see, I can cast spells, you know, the usual plant stuff, but my spells are shooting thorns at enemies, plant growth, a minor illusion, and a summoning spell'

HAPER STEELBITE

Tired, so very very tired. And pain. So much pain screamed through her body. Harper felt her body becoming tense and ridged from the running. The pain from the arrow in her shoulder and some that might have caught her but she didn't notice from the adrenaline rush and the wound from the earlier attack was just too much. She was just so very tired. The call for spilling blood had long died off and the lull of rest was instead becoming more welcoming. The beast had long since quieted down but she was still in her werewolf form. She was afraid of transforming back with all the injuries she had that it would be catastrophic and lead to death.

'We need shelter......and help. We need protection against whoever wants us dead.' the logical side, the human side of Harper spoke in her head. Her eyes scanned the area as the rattling of gunshots pierced in her ears. She had a feeling that it was the person from before that she had befriended was attacking someone or something. The alleyway stunk of garbage, stale food, vomit and dry blood. It made Harper gag and spit up some of her own contents from her stomach to add to the mix.

Sleep......She just needed to sleep and rest her body. That's it. Then she would make her way back home and get some help. Eyeing an empty storage box Harper large body crawled in and it almost looked like a large dog taking resident in a small house. Oh how the mighty have fallen, the once proud member of the Steelbite clan, a former Athena agent who had lead her own squad into countless missions and saved who knows how many lives that night when she defied the order to slaughter in order to make it look like a Coven. The Hunter who had made it her job to protect those who couldn't afford to wait for help and to also one day show the world that Athena wasn't a good guy, now was laying in an empty cardboard box shivering from her wounds and knowing that she was more than likely not going to survive when her purser finds her.

'How.......anticlimactic of a death.....yet......a Steelbite.....never fights back when death......approaches. We embrace it....and accept it.....an honorary death.'

Harpers eyes slowly closed knowing that either she will open them back to the alleyway or she will open them to her ancestors greeting her.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WAYNE

Standing in the front of his group Wayne held his hand up to signal to hold fire. He didn't want to strike first if this person or being was friendly. Training had taught him that and a sense of humanity to. His unit understood that too and were trained to never attack unless the first sign of danger appears. So far nothing screams "Attack!" to any of them other then the outfit that the person who came out of the cryo-pod was wearing. High tech, looked military and even not from this world. But what caught Wayne was that they were holding their hands up and he could hearing the clinking of metal lightly banging together. Darting his eyes to the source he could see two thin metal tags being held by a necklace. Dog tags.

Taking a step forward to test the water, Wayne holstered his weapon and copied the motion of the person in front of him by holding his own hands up. He wanted to appear non threatening in hopes that they could talk. "Can you understand me?" he asked as he stopped about six feet away. His unit still had their weapons drawn and aimed but none of them seemed nervous as to what their leader was doing. It was as if he had done this before with others and had peaceful results in the past.

"My name is Wayne, I'm head of security here in Athena. You came out of a cryo-pod. I'm not here to hurt you as you have shown you're not hostile towards us. My unit won't attack either. I can promise you that." This was all a gamble. A dangerous gamble for Wayne. He didn't know if this person or thing could understand him but making peaceful contact was at least a start. "Do you have a name?" Moment of truth now to see if he's gamble has paid off.

Interaction(s): Stricken Steel Stricken Steel
Mention(s): Shadowfall Shadowfall

Users who are viewing this thread

Back