• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Howl's Flying Castle - OOC

Did the broken hearts kill you guys? xD look what I did!

Name: Sumire
Appearance:
-6_zpsrbuww68l.jpg

A Haiku about Sumire
Quiet as the moon
Observant but doesn’t care
Please leave me alone​
_736x_79_37_ca_7937caed50ee2681ccfe9d8fc3ff58bb_zpslpnxpwqv.jpg
Statistics

Name: Otohata Sumire

Species: Spirit User

Height: 5’5”

Weight: 120 lbs

Temperament: Melancholic

Appearance description/extra details: Crescent shaped birthmark on her left shoulder blade

Equipment: The tanto and katana her mentor gave her as a parting gift

Personality

Personality: In a nutshell, Sumire is rather languid. She’d rather do nothing at all than have to exert any effort. She has a preference for remaining in her cat form just because she doesn’t want to spend the energy to transform and keep a Human appearance. She has a general disinterest in anything going on around her unless it affects her directly. She would typically rather associate with her own kind (other cats), though she has grown fond of an elderly Human woman in the nearby village that she calls O bachan. She knows the woman’s name, but she just chooses not to call her by it. Likewise, O bachan calls her Pattopatto or Patto-chan. Typically quiet, she generally lets her mannerisms speak for her, but when she does choose to talk it can come out rather bluntly because she doesn’t think much about buffering or censoring what she has to say.

Abilities: Acrobatics, Hand-to-Hand combat, Sword skills

Weaknesses: Like any mortal, she has typical mortal weaknesses, Despite having the ability to defend herself, Sumire is rather small and prefers to run and hide rather than face conflict, Ineptitude when it comes to dealing with Humans, despite having lived around them, the only one she has ever really interacted with is O bachan.

Backstory

Sumire’s mother was a Spirit User that had taken to remaining as a Human and staying in the local village from the time she came of age and eventually, one of the townsmen fell in love with her and wanted to marry her. This was before the change in the spiritual flow.
Prior to Sumire’s birth, her mother and father had three other children; twins, a boy and a girl, and their eldest which was another boy. The eldest boy was born fully Human, as were one of the twins. The twin boy, however, was born as a pure feline and Sumire’s mother had to hide him away within the forest in the care of her own family.
Sumire’s mother continued to care for her Human family, while making excuses often to return to the forest to care for the kitten that she couldn’t bring with her back to the village for fear of being discovered. When the seal began to weaken, Sumire’s mother began noticing an inability to maintain her disguise for extended periods of time. She began leaving the village more frequently to rest her powers so that when she returned to the village, she would be safe still.
This went on for some time and the strain in her marriage, with her Human family, became more tedious which caused her to lose focus more often, making it harder for her to retain her disguise. This went on for two years and in that time she came to be with child again, this time with Sumire.
Her mother finally made the decision to leave the village and her loved ones behind, afraid to be caught out of her disguise. It hurt her deeply to leave them, knowing that they would either hate her because they found out her secret, or they would hate her because she left them.
Reverting to her feline form, Sumire’s mother never took her Human form again and eventually, from the sadness she felt, she wilted away until she passed on to the spirit realm.
Unlike her mother and siblings, Sumire was born with neither the black and white or black fur her feline family bore, nor the black hair that her Human family had, her fur and hair both grew in an unnatural white shade. In a way, this caused her to not want to turn to her Human form because she would just stand out so much so most of the time she would be seen roaming the village as a cat.
No one thought anything of a stray white cat, and in this way she was able to keep an eye on her family. Watching her older brother and sister as they grew, occasionally her older brother that didn’t have her abilities, coming with her.
Eventually her feline brother grew tired of going to the village to watch a family that he wasn’t a part of. He had known their mother, but he hadn’t known the Humans and preferred to stay in the forest with the others like him.
Sumire on the other hand, grew accustomed to the village and eventually O bachan took a liking to her and would offer her treats and scraps, so she began to think of the old woman’s home as her own and was able to come and go as she pleased.
When she was in her early teens, another Spirit User passed through the village and they were able to pick each other out nearly immediately. When she was able, she approached him, learning that his animal form was a Macaque and earned his living by traveling from village to village as a performing acrobatic and martial artist. He explained to her that, as a Human, it was easier to travel because then he wouldn’t be in one village long enough for anyone to discover what he really was.
Sumire was quite taken with the idea, though she was hesitant and decided that she couldn’t travel without a way to defend herself if she needed to and it was by this that the traveling performer volunteered to teach her his martial arts.
[Still in progress, but no patience has I! Rawr! :F]

coded by Roleplay Skittle

lol they ask for like... a quote or song that sums up the character and I couldn't find anything I liked for her and I got tired of looking so I figured, Haiku. xD Zer0 Zer0

lol random. xD why? Zer0 Zer0
My cat was on the dining table in the house and my grandma wanted her out. But when she opened the door and I think tried to touch her, the dog that chases the cat was outside and I think my cat panicked and then bit my grandma. I don't know if this is a good thing, but at least it was a bite? I don't know, I know that if it's a bite the cat doesn't hate you as compared to getting clawed. But then that's probably not the point cuz' my grandma got bit

Cats don't get rabies right?

Well it's probably fine then. If the cat wasn't acting weird and just crapped itself after getting scared by the dog, I don't think it has rabies. lol it's just a cat being scared of a dog. xD Zer0 Zer0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back