Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Hot

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • X-tra Hot

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • As Hot as Humanly Possible

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
I've never heard of spice levels differing between ethnicities. Neat. Anyhow, I'm as white as I can be but I love, love, love spicy food. As hot as humanly possible, please. Seriously, though, I like just about any food no matter the spice level. :')

Ethnicities? Cultures? I dunno.

It depends on what kind of spice.  I like Western spices due to flavor as the main and burn on the side.  In my opinion, Eastern Spices tend to be more burn than flavor.  In other words, I can stomach the spiciest of Mexican foods due to the flavors, but I fold like paper when it comes to Indian cuisine.  A good example would be the habanero versus the infamous bhut jolokia (ghost pepper) of India.  I'm able to stomach the comparatively humble habanero, but Indian spices can put a hole in my gut unless they weaken/nerf the spices.

I'm most familiar with Mexican chiles and spice (because I am Mexican), and Habanero makes me cry like a baby. But that is a really interesting observation. I really should try more Indian  cuisine. I need to expand my spice pallet.

A friend of a friend from Africa (eithiopia I think but don't hold me to it >.<) once made some spicy chicken for us and it was super spicy. I wish I had asked what she had made. But it's so interesting to compare spicy foods from different cultures.

Depends. I like spicy food as much as the next guy, but if it tastes like the inside of a gym sock, I'll probably pass. It's gotta have a good flavor on top of the burn, which  should compliment not overpower. 

I got into liking spicy food as a kid. One side of my family is Eastern European and the other is Cajun. It's just part of the menu where I come from. 

Lol does it just taste like spicy coffee? Or like does it have a distinct hot pepper taste?

it's like doing the cinnamon challenge in a frappe

the initial taste is great and a burst of flavor, but then it dries up your throat and i had to act cool like it didn't effect me in front of my friends like yeaah this is like water... guys LOL 

i was dying!! save yourself and get PSL instead <3 

It really depends. Some food taste great spicy but others feel like fire on your tongue and there's no flavor. I chose mild but honestly go hot or go home.

It depends for me, some days I enjoy a extremely spicy food and on other days I want something that is spicy but not run to fridge and drink all the milk and eat all the bread spicy.

Do I like spicy foods?

Do I like spicy foods?

Today, I ate a jalapeno pepper... without any milk. :0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back