Votes: 2 15.4%
  • X-tra Hot

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • As Hot as Humanly Possible

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

myvalentina

A half forgotten song
I know that spicy foods can be really subjective and differ by culture but in general I'd like to hear how spicy RPN likes their food.

My mom always has to separate food out for me when she's making anything spicy because most of the time it's too spicy for me to enjoy it.  So I think I would fall under mild or hot, but I do eat really spicy food when Im feeling brave or if my mom forgets to tell me I'm eating something she made. But really hot stuff makes me cry.

Wipe your tears, blow your nose and keep going! If your stomach lining isn't being incinerated then you're doing it wrong!

As a guy living in a country where spicy food is basically standard for every meal, yeah, I'd go hot, though I usually prefer mild.

I love love loooooove spice

But

I die after taking like one Hot Wing (a spicy chicken from KFC)

i'm white af so like i can't handle spice as much but i really do love spicy stuff........i can live on curry for the rest of my life

Wipe your tears, blow your nose and keep going! If your stomach lining isn't being incinerated then you're doing it wrong!

While I agree with the sentiment I only have one butthole and it can only take so much abuse XDDDD

As a guy living in a country where spicy food is basically standard for every meal, yeah, I'd go hot, though I usually prefer mild.

This is me!

We're growing scorpion, lemon drop, ghost, and thai peppers in our garden.  While making homemade hot sauces, I will routinely nibble/eat each and any of these raw quite happily.  Habaneros are lovely, as well.  I wish Americans were more tuned toward a spicy-tipped-tongue titillation, because I just can't get food as hot as I'd like it to be anywhere i go out to eat.  Just. Can't.

Are fighting game style hit sparks flying from your mouth as you eat?

Are you actively taking damage during the meal?

If the answer is no then it isn't hot enough.

I love that Hot and As Hot as Humanly Possible are neck and neck. You guys are super brave. I don't want to die.

No, nope, never. One simple taste and I find a hint of spiciness, then I won't eat it. 

When I was younger, a classmate of mine had brought in a jar of horse radish and dared everyone to eat an entire mouthful on its own for one dollar. Being the stupid kid I was, I didn't make 'em give me five dollars instead and took the dare. My eyes teared up and my mouth burned while my stomach continually berated me the entire day and well into the night afterwards. 

Though, to be honest, I've always been sensitive of spiciness. Funny thing is I'm not white lol 

Grew up on Thai and SEA food in general, so while I can tolerate quite a bit of spice, it doesn't mean I like it.

I really like spicy food. The funny thing is that I'm really white.

What's race got to do with it?  I mean, I can see one being from Canada, say, determining it - a cultural thing- but not because of one's race.

Last edited by a moderator:
I generally order the hottest available items at restaurants, I do spice challenges, and I attempt to melt my face off with food fairly often. However, it's generally lackluster compared to how hot I actually like my food.

I generally order the hottest available items at restaurants, I do spice challenges, and I attempt to melt my face off with food fairly often. However, it's generally lackluster compared to how hot I actually like my food.

My mom should totally try spice challenges cause she always seems unimpressed with any kind of hot foods/spiciness. While I sometimes agree with her, sometimes I'm too busy pouring ice water on my tongue.

Hot had pulled ahead for a little bit, but nope! It looks like it's still a tie between the daredevils and the 'asks the waiter for hot sauce' people. I guess most people above mild ask for hot sauce at restaurants unless it's already on the table.

Which bring's me to another question! Anyone carry hot sauce in their bag swag? I never have but my mom used to take whole jalapeños out with us when we went out to dinner. 

I'm the awkward one who doesn't like spice at all I'm a huge wimp about it. What makes it worse is the fact that my whole family loves spicy stuff which is probably why I don't.

When I was younger my Dad made some really spicy chicken. Like OD spice spice right there. None of them told me it was spicy until I put it in my mouth. I cried the whole night and couldn't really taste much afterwards. Ever since then I am against spicy stuff.

Spicy food... Good for your health, great for sex life, I absolutely love it. 

Probably my favorite a cambodian noodle curry soup with a mixture of meat such as chicken and pork marinated in curry and coconut milk. I first had that when I hit eighteen, hooked ever since up until I learned how to make it myself. It's not cooked right until it burns down my throat.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw the Chile Mocha at Starbucks and was tempted to try it, but idk it sounds like it could be disastrous. 

4e9ecfb833d84cb1ae30c77a35912376.jpg

Cocoa, cinnamon and vanilla satisfy your sweet tooth while ancho and cayenne chile spices answer the call for something warmer ... for those mornings that need an extra kick.

Any other strange spicy concoctions y'all have tried? Or seen?

Am I the only one who drinks hot sauce?

I saw the Chile Mocha at Starbucks and was tempted to try it, but idk it sounds like it could be disastrous. 

I've had it, it's quite nice actually 

I once mixed a lot of spices into boilded water and then let it cool and drank it, 

DO NOT TRY, IT TASTES GROSS

You might not be the only one, but I certainly do not lol. Not hot sauce directly, but like I'll put hot sauce in margaritas to give'em a little kick and to dull the freaking lime mixture.

It's got to be spicy enough to give the kick of flavor next to whatever else is in your dish. When I make buffalo wings, my stomach is hurting by the end of my meal but the flavor made it all worth it.

Nope. I do that all the time. I generally use hot sauce in place of salsa for chips, and when I run out of chips-- well...

My mom should totally try spice challenges cause she always seems unimpressed with any kind of hot foods/spiciness. While I sometimes agree with her, sometimes I'm too busy pouring ice water on my tongue.

While the majority of them are unimpressive, some of the challenges can be intimidating. There's a hot wing challenge that I'm still trying to find courage to do. The restaurant infuse their sauce with ghost pepper oil and you have to finish the basket in 30 minutes. 

It depends on what kind of spice.  I like Western spices due to flavor as the main and burn on the side.  In my opinion, Eastern Spices tend to be more burn than flavor.  In other words, I can stomach the spiciest of Mexican foods due to the flavors, but I fold like paper when it comes to Indian cuisine.  A good example would be the habanero versus the infamous bhut jolokia (ghost pepper) of India.  I'm able to stomach the comparatively humble habanero, but Indian spices can put a hole in my gut unless they weaken/nerf the spices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back