• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Highland Academy for Powered Individuals [Open]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Wēnhé Róuruǎn

She grabbed onto Izzy for support, her feet still sliding across the ice haphazardly. "I hate ice so much." She commented, attempting to stand on her own. "Thank you for helping me, really." She tried to sound sincere but immediately growled when her foot slipped again. Seemed she was already getting angry on this slippery terrain.

Then Claude showed up. "Oh, hey!" She waved, finally letting go of Izzy. She was obviously having a hard time not trying to fall even just standing there, but she tried her hardest to look cool. She leaned up against the wall, crossing her feet. "I hope you know how to skate?" She laughed.

"Didn't wait long." She commented before Claude talked to Izzy. "You know her?" Wen looked over to the girl.

e78b3fd3.png
Min JohannasTags: gorgeousss gorgeousss Verite Verite
Having gotten a word in edgewise she had hope that her explanation set Joshua straight. As he started his next sentence it was very clear;

He didn't understand at all.

"It's Haruo... and he's a bo-" Before she could say anything else he got up and began to stretch. Min flinched a bit with every cracking sound, it sent chills down her spine and brought up unwelcome memories. Taking a few deep breaths to calm herself she looked back at the now still Joshua. In an attempt to seize the opportunity to try to clear things up again. "Ah.."

Letting out a sigh as he continued on, she gave up. She'd rather let him ask his questions than try to explain at this point. As he stopped she shook her head. "Oh no I could never participate. I'm..." As he mentioned rivals, Min's mind went back to her roommate. Are we considered rivals? No. I don't think so.

Pulled from her thoughts as Joshua took her hands and pulled her out of her chair she stumbled at bit before looking at the strange boy. He was very excited, it was shocking to see such light in someone's eyes. Blinking a bit lost in all the excitement she shook her head, "I don't really fi-" Being cut off yet again she blushed a bit as he called her pretty again but gave a worried look. She really wasn't a fighting type, not only did she never have any experience in it but she was always stopped when she even tried. Other than dancing she wasn't allowed to perform any exercise or train in any self defense.

"I umm, I believe the sign up sheet is up front at the stage." Without another word she was taken by the hand again and pulled away from the food still there. The food... Being lead through the crowd of students and booths, they arrived at the stage in a matter of minutes. Having trouble keeping up with Joshua once they finally stopped Min rested her free hand on her knee trying to catch her breath. Not expecting to run in heeled boots today she was amazed she hadn't tripped over her own two feet.

Looking up she saw the stage and the three guys standing there with sign in sheets. "I think it's those three guys. I'm going to wait here." Slowing her breath she heard the soft chime of a new message and opened it up. As she was about to reply to his message she noticed him walking up and waved to him.

"Haruo! Over here!"

Damian Gray
Damian woke up on the second day of the festival feeling quite refreshed. His bed had been very comfortable and he had a full nights rest. He got up and looked at the clock and realized it was 10 AM. He quickly got out of bed and got dressed. He thought back to what he did yesterday. He had gotten to the school and was surprised to see that they were throwing a festival and was excited, if not a bit nervous, for what was going to happen. He hadn't had any recent visions of the future recently so he had no idea what to expect when coming to the school. He wandered around for a bit, just trying to get his bearings when he saw a stand that sold cake pops. He walked over to it and bought one of them. It had been forever since he had a cake pop before and savored every bite. He looked around and saw a turf war club. He thought that that seemed interesting and grabbed one of the fliers that they were handing out. Damian continued to walk around the festival, buying food and looking at clubs. In all honesty, it was pretty tiring and he wasn't too much of a fan of parties, and to him this was just one large party. He eventually was done walking around and just wanted to go to his dorm. It said that he was assigned to someone named Harou, but he never saw anyone else as he had went straight to bed.

Damian thought of what he could do today as he was getting ready and thought that he should look into some of the clubs more. He brushed his teeth and hair, put in his earbuds, turned on some music, and walked around the festival. The festival seemed not to have let up and there was many things to do. He quickly grabbed some breakfast, waffles and eggs, and continued looking for clubs. He soon found the Turf War club and walked up to the booth. "Hello, I'm Damian Gray and I thought that this club looked interesting so I would like to join" Damian had heard of Turf Wars before and he had always thought that it would be interesting to try it out.

2019-03-20-986756.png
Turf Wars BoothTag: Kairon Kairon
Instead of the usual hyperactive boy of the previous day, there was a girl with violet hair and purple eyes at the booth. Those who knew of the school's structure, or have been here the previous day, would know her as the calm student council secretary. Seemingly a bit happier now that she's free from being around Meghan and her questionable actions. Turning her attention from the student she just helped, she slid some wayward strands of hair from her face and looked up to greet the newest freshman interested in her club. Sizing the freshman up she turned away as she spoke.

"No relation to the literature icon Dorian Grey, I presume?" Looking down at the table she picked up a flyer and handed it to him. "I'm Zoe Sykes, the co-captain of the Turf Wars club. This club is to train students in powered combat and represent the school in the city's Turf Wars." Picking up a pen she spun it around her hand with speed and skill.

Giving a slight smile she pointed to the flyer with her pen, "fill that out. Name, year, power, combat experience the usual." Turning the pen around to point towards him she extended it out. "You're welcome to finish it here or turn it in later. We meet Friday, Saturday and Sunday. We also do trips on occasion. Any questions?"

Claude Allcrest

A3.jpg
Nearby: Izzy, Wen
@Tags: SoftSmile SoftSmile Brinni Brinni
"O-Of course I can skate, it's just I can- ahem! It's only natural for me, what about you too? You both seem capable." Claude responded, smiling as he attempted to change the subject. How could he admit to these girls had no idea how to stop at all? absolutley not. The hit to his pride he could absolutely do with out. Technically he didn't lie, he only said he could skate. almost gave himself away, but he didn't. He looked over the two, Izzy was definetely confident on ice, but he had to be careful less he run into her and maybe hurt her, given her lighter and smaller body. Wen was the opposite, if he ran into her he was sure he'd break a bone with her supposed overwhelming strength and short fuse. Very dangerous either one. He gulped a little and continued.

"Glad i wasn't late then. Yes, i know Izzy, we're friends! she was the first person i meet in this school; I met her and promptly got destroyed in a videogame I was fairly confident in. I don't lose at stuff often so it was a breath of fresh air. So color me suprised when I see you two aquainted already when I arrive!" Claude explained, putting his hands together as he finished with a small laugh. He hoped he hadn't made Izzy uncomfortable calling her a friend like so. She seemed the socially embarrassed type, evident with her distate for crowds back when they played together. But then again, it was just the three of them nearby, so it probably didn't matter.

Last edited:
Haruo Higuchi - The Stage
Interactions: The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye gorgeousss gorgeousss

The trek to the stage was rather uneventful for Haruo, and that's how he liked it. No strange surprises on the way or anything meant to delay him. No detours and no strangers to stop him, whether to invite him to another club like how the festival was yesterday (at least, none that stood directly in his way). Thus, he managed to reach his destination relatively quickly, waiting for a short moment and allowing himself to catch his breath again.

It wasn't too long until Min had appeared as well, calling after him as she seemed to notice him before he noticed her. Perking up his brow at the sound of her voice, he raised his hand to wave at her briefly, walking over to her eagerly.

Though, upon getting closer, his raised brow furrowed next as he took sight of the other boy accompanying her. Almost felt like a repeat of last night, but... well. He never imagined himself to be the jealous type.

"Morning," he casually said to Min, before gazing at the other guy with her, "... Friend of yours? Or do you only know him as well as the guy from last night?" Haruo asked half teasingly, his hands nonchalantly pocketed.​

Wēnhé Róuruǎn

"Capable is an understatement. I can do anything, including having fun on icy deadly terrain with blades on my feet." She was sweating a bit as she explained this, clearly mortified at the thought of one of her fingers being sliced off by the literal blades on her feet, or worse...Her hair. She kept a solemn face otherwise, even though her lips were closed way too tightly to be a resting expression.

"Izzy, is it true you are good at those 视频游戏 ?" She clearly had already forgotten the word she had just heard, and didn't have it stored in her immediate vocabulary; so she simply made a controlling holding and using gesture with her hands as she spoke Chinese. "I never understood the appeal of it." She wondered out loud, thinking about the several video game ads she's seen within the past few months.

"Oh, speaking of things you are good at--What is your power?" Wen slightly turned to Izzy, still gripping the wall.

Dash of Regular
The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye
and Verite Verite

As the two greeted each other and Haruo referred to Josh, the boy would be seen already signing the papers, in fact he was just finishing signing up. He would casually join the couple after a few moment, he said nothing as he approached. He made direct eye contact with Haruo, just a blank stare without a word... he eyed him as he looked him up and down. He turned to Min. He said in comedic monotone voice:

"Oi, is this your girlfriend you were texting?'

The humorous break in awkward silence did anything but make it more awkward for the two of them. Especially has it was not a typical or predictable response. And his casual delivery didn't help either. He turned back to Haruo, still speaking to Min.

"Was.. it, Heather? Hunter, no..? Hero?"

The butchering of his name could be seen as disrespectful, if it wasn't for the fact of his genuineness in his voice as tried to remember Haruo's name. Like always, the boy would quickly lose his train of thought as he suddenly remember something and would jump to that topic abruptly. He would turn back to Min and casually said:

"I entered us both in the Versus. You're fighting, pretty young thing. Hopefully you don't mess up your pretty hands."

He turned to the other boy.

"Do you want to join your lover? You should. It'd be fun, or you can just be on the sidelines and support her. That's cool too, I don't judge too much.. that's a lie, but I digress."

Such a nonthreatening aura came from Josh, nothing alarming... more so.. confusing and funny.

Last edited:
e78b3fd3.png
Min JohannasTags: gorgeousss gorgeousss Verite Verite
"Pretty much as well as the guy from last night." She said giving a shrug with a smile. Never expecting to get along so well with these kids she wondered if this is how it was going to be. If only I could get along with my roommate this well. Then again I think that was partially my fault. Stepping to the side she looked over at him as he wandered off to the stage. Looking back over to Haruo she spoke to him. "I met him this morning at breakfast. He shared some of his food with me and we somehow ended up here." Letting out a warm laugh she sighed, "It's been a really weird morning." Stepping closer to him her smile brightened a bit, "So what did you want to do today?"

Before Haruo could say anything more Joshua bounded back up and spoke up. A bit shocked he still called him a girl after seeing him. Worried about how Haruo would take it she tried to give him the name. "His name is Haruo... wait what?" Pausing as she registered the next thing he said, he what?! Her brow knitted and her eyes sharpened with a quiet rage. Turning over to the stage she stormed off as the last song of the band was about to end.

Storming up to the crowd surrounding the three students holding the sheets. Pushing through the crowd to the front she went to grab the sheet out of the first guys hand only for the girl on stage to take it first. Dammit! Pushing the others away she grabbed the other two sheets and scratched her name out. Her face paled as she realized what she'd just been signed up for. As the other students began to complain she gave a deathly glare and pushed through them. Taking a few deep breaths she slid her rage off her face and smiled. Standing in front of the two of them with a soft smile. Her face soften with worry, clasping her shaking hands together she steadied them and smiled. "Well I guess I'll be p-participating in the wa..." Taking a deep breath she continued, "the first event." Looking over to Haruo she finished, "I'll see you after?"

Interactions: The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye gorgeousss gorgeousss

"... What."

Well, the guy here was certainly much to unpack. Haruo furrowed his brow as the guy nonchalantly insinuated they were dating. That was the first thing he started to respond to, pointing up his finger. "We're not... oh, forget it," he grumbled, deciding not to say anything about that, letting his hands lower to his hips casually. Wasn't the first time this had happened, after that doctor from the other day thought the same. Guess this was just everyone else's way of getting to him, so why bother even resisting it at that point? It'd be like biting into bait, or at least, that was the way he saw it.

Now, the butchering of his name, that was something he had to clarify. "And for the record, it's Haruo. Ha-ru-o," the dark haired boy said sternly, rolling his R as he spoke, as if to emphasize that that was the correct manner to pronounce his name.

"Anyway, I--What?"

Ignoring the mystery boy's later words seemingly intent on goading him into joining along, Haruo's eyes widened as he casually revealed that he had signed Min up for the Versus, and it seemed evident rather quickly that it was not something that she had consented to. Watching awkwardly as she tried to fetch the sign-up sheet only for it to be taken away and so on, his eyes took a concerned turn as she came back, as though resigned to her fate.

"Are you sure you wanna go through with that? I bet you could talk to someone about it if you really want out," he suggested, before running a hand through his hair, "Unless you do wanna give it a try?"

IzzyUnlike her two conversation companions, who seemed content to stay by the wall, she decided to continue skating. Forwards, backwards, small spins. "I'm from cold weather" Izzy said, shrugging as she slid to a stop. "Skating is just one of those things you learn to do. Either with blades on your feet or flat soled in the slush" she said, laughing. She rubbed the back of her neck slightly as Claude mentioned their match. She nodded at Wen's inquiry.

"I'm alright I guess" she remarked, her eyes sliding downwards. "I'm uh...I'm good with machines. Sometimes I build them. Sometimes they listen when I ask for favors if they're not being cranky." She didn't make eye contact with Claude as she said this. She had no doubt that his dice roll during their match had something to do with his power, though she wasn't sure what, but she knew it wasn't unreasonable for him to draw the conclusion of how and when she used her abilities during the contest. They hadn't said no powers, but it almost felt like cheating still. "Mostly they talk to me and I understand them. Like your..." Izzy stopped, not sure if pointing out the voice modulator would be rude or not.

"Uhh. Anyways. What about you two? What do you guys do?"

Alaric

The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye
The Prophet The Prophet (mention)

Alaric had finished up his half hour run and power walk cool down. Wiping the thin sheen of sweat and plastered hair off his forehead, he began racking weights on a nearby squat rack when the atmosphere changed subtly and a voice reached out to him.

Alaric, ever on edge and ready for the glory of combat, checked over his shoulder, his eyes beginning to glow as power surged through his freshly warmed up body.

The room was empty. But a voice had spoken. Invisibility? Other form of illusionary manipulation? These were the worst power matchups for him. Not to mention the sheer number of obstacles in the weight room that would hinder his speed.

"Down here"

Alaric looked down, and was caught completely pantsless by a cat. Alaric stared dumbly at the gray feline for a moment, unsure whether the cat was the one talking.

He had heard that animals could manifest powers, but it was much rarer than even powerless humans. Maybe- Nope, definitely, as that thought was interrupted by the cat asking him to open a window.

Alaric did, after peeling his jaw off the floor and dismissing his ability.

Figuring this was as good a time as any to take a break, Alaric grabbed his water bottle and asked the cat a question.

"So… are you a staff member? I think a Japanese hero school has a panda principal, so I don't mean any offense. Never actually seen an animal with a power, so you're kinda neat."

- - -

Letting the boy have his shocked moment he looked the kid up and down before giving a dismissive scoff, as cats do. Watching him open the window he saw his opportunity to get out of here. Watching cautiously as the boy went over to get a water bottle he eased as the kid asked him a question.

The cat raised an inquisitive brow at the kid, standing up on his hind legs he seemed to stand easily on his back legs stretching he popped his knuckles. “Do I look like a staff member kid? No. I’m not even an animal. Why does every human keep calling me that? Oh look at that cat! Aren’t you so cute! Blah blah blah, if she wasn’t a knockout I’d leave her dumbass.” He grumbled, walking over to the window he continued to talk, “guess you guys aren’t used to talking...animal was it?” Sizing up the wall he took a few steps back before resting back to all fours. Staring intently at his goal his body shivered for a moment before he leapt up onto the window sill.

- - -

So it wasn't a staff member or an animal? Or maybe it was an animal that no longer considered itself as such. Made sense, since it would no longer have anything in common with 99% of the animal kingdom with a manifested ability like this.

"Uh… no. Very not used to talking animals. My dog never asked me to open a window. And I guess people call you an animal because you have the form of one. Are you a shapeshifter then?"

- - -

Hearing Alaric's question caused him to let out a laugh. “Shapeshifter...nah, I’m not of this world. Nor do I want to be. Gonna find my pals and get the hell out of dodge...somehow.”

He looked out the window to estimate the drop and smirked. Wasn’t so bad of a drop. Looking over to Al he gave him a nod, the tingle of his bell ringing. “Thanks kid, I owe ya one.”

He leapt out the window he was gone, only for a moment. His head popped up from the sill as he added. “Do you know a good bar or cafe in the city?”

- - -

Alaric set his bottle off to the side as he leaned against the windows until the chatty tabby just hopped out of, and jumped a bit when the feline popped back up into frame (literally).

"You're welcome. And I can't drink… legally… but I do know a good burger joint. Go left out the main gate and follow the road about half a mile. Jimbo's Sandwiches. Best bacon burger I've had in forever."

- - -

“Hmmm I might find Bob there.” Giving the kid a thumbs up he smiled, “Thanks again kid. Also what are you doing inside. Get outside and take in the fresh air. If I had an atmosphere like this I’d spend every waking moment outside.”

Shrugging, he fell back down and scurried across the lawn and out the gates.

- - -

Alaric was left reeling from the possibilities. Did that cat say 'not of this world'? Did that mean aliens?

It was too early to deal with all the mind blowing. Alaric sat down and digested the events of the last few minutes before starting his first set.

The alien/cat suggested he go outside, but Alaric wasn't super keen on that. Couldn't get in trouble with thugs/committees/snakegirls if he stuck to himself. He began his leg day routine. However, it didn't last long.

Alien-cat was right. It was day two in a whole new world. After being homeschooled for a decade(ish), he needed to experience the atmosphere, as the alien put it.

He sent Claude a message, asking if he was free to hang out, and packed up.

Acceleris

After wasting most of yesterday, Ahren's master finally gave him his orders. Unfortunately, there was no insanity involved, unless something went wrong.

Things rarely went wrong when the skilled and intelligent Acceleris was involved. That was probably the reason the Monolith kept the young villain-in-training around. Chaos had its uses, but rampant and/or wanton death and destruction was rarely a viable lifestyle.

After one last quick check of his armored suit and helmet, Acceleris was off, blasting through the campus at speeds beyond all but the greatest speedsters and teleporters of his age. But screw those guys. The last one he killed had such a deliciously disheartened look when he saw his "speed" was outdone. Fool.

As Acceleris sped through the outer rim of the festival, he dropped tiny little devices that just appeared to be metallic marbles. Slowly but surely he spiraled his way towards the main Highland building, dropping his devices and getting ever closer to the administrative offices, taking care to make sure he wasn't spotted by anyone important before continuing to jam his way through some more of the campus.

After a slow (by Acceleris' quick standards) sneak towards the main building, the shady figure stopped, performing one last sweeping gaze of the area before beginning to pick the lock of an unguarded back door. Architectural blueprints, sent to the screen on his helmet's visor, indicated that this was some door to the maintenance area, which was perfect.

Entering the empty building a rush of cold air seeped out towards Acceleris. The cool air brushing against his skin and seeping in a deep sense of dread. Thoughts of being watched would fill the young man’s mind as he stepped into the school. However looking in, the building’s halls were empty.

Acceleris surveyed the area upon opening the door and quietly stepping in. He could feel eyes upon him, but paid it no mind. Even if someone was watching, few could catch him. And those who could always underestimated the frail adolescent.

Checking the visor blueprint once more, Acceleris bolted towards the headmasters office, slowing only twice to hide from approaching staff, and speeding back up once they passed.

His trek ended with another lock to pick, at the last door before his target.

The headmaster’s office was more of a museum than an office. Chock full of classical art, his office showcases the many artifacts and mystical relics he's come across in his life so far. Finely crafted woodwork rested wherever you looked, giving an insight into the casual elegance that exudes from the Headmaster. Artifacts rested atop desks and in glass cases, resting on cloth, in boxes and on stands. Each one priceless and held sentimental value to the headmaster. With some searching the ornate box Acceleris was looking for was found besides a small statue of Anubis with glowing ruby eyes, watching as the intruder wandered around.

Acceleris could appreciate the grandeur of the headmaster's quarters, beauty created from the wanderings on an immortal life.

He mused about how his teacher could end such an amazing master of ability. He had a few ideas, but it depended on the type of known immortality abilities, and whether or not that also included invincibility.

After idly examining a few pieces, Acceleris snagged the item he came in for and turned to leave.

Invisible eyes watched the intruder as he wandered the room, a deep chill engulfing the room as he took the ornate box. However, the room was still, no alarms went off, no sirens or lasers coming from the ceiling. Only the aura of eyes watching followed Acceleris as he left the room.

With one final glance into the headmaster's quarters, Acceleris dashed out of the building and into a far corner of the campus, far away from the festival or the main building, and called his master to alert him to the success of the mission.

The phone rang only for a moment before it was answered to silence, however the dense aura of fear crept through the phone as Acceleris confirmed his mission. Without a word the call dropped. Acceleris already knew the meeting location, the Maze. Towards the northern coast of Oregon the abandoned submerged area was a hide out for some but a meeting place to many. There his boss waited for his item to arrive.

Monolith didn't respond. Didn't need to. Acceleris' next orders were clear. Activate the spheres, and make towards a known rendezvous spot. Acceleris calculated where, and leapt over the Highland fence as he pressed a button tucked under his wrist, beginning the next phase of the heist.

He arrived shortly after, breath coming in short Puffs and sweating hard. He had more in him, but not much.

Knowing his master, Ahren Vanderbilt removed his helmet, bowed his head, and held the Monolith's prize aloft.

Standing under the open skylight beaming down upon him was a man, eyes closed taking in the warm rising light. Sensing the new presence the Monolith leader looked over to his young apprentice. His red eyes were broken up by a ripple pattern that spread through the eyeball. Gazing into those eyes for even a second, would render the viewer entranced in his swirling gaze.

Expressionless he raised his hand and gently caressed the dark ornate box. His fingers plucking at the red ribbon holding it together, as he moved his hand under the box. Lifting it up from his apprentice’s hands his power rippled for a moment. The heavy aura of fear itself pulsed through the dilapidated maze, surging throughout the city.

“You’ve done well. Per usual.” He tucked the box under his arm and continued. “For now get acquainted with the city. I will call upon you again soon."

"Yes, Monolith." Ahren replied, before immediately turning and running back towards town, much more slowly but still beyond the average man's capability.

Almost an hour later, he staggered into his apartment and promptly collapsed on the couch, asleep before he hit the fabric.

With the simple press of a button the small beads began to shimmer to life and begin burying into the ground, scurrying up walls and rolling upon ceilings. Once the small beads rested into position they shimmered away from view and began their watch on the campus. Far off in a darkened room, a screen flickered on, then another, then another till the room bloomed in camera angles of HAPI’s campus. Waking up from the glare of the light a figure moves towards the screens and smiles. “It’s showtime."

Wēnhé Róuruǎn

"I have strength." Was all Wen said as she pushed herself off the wall to skate a bit. She tried to skate like a normal human being but ended up slipping constantly, but when she fell she somehow made it look cool by switching her feet and recovering smoothly and quickly.

"Sadly not grace. I am fast but don't have the best form." She clung to the wall again, afraid if she fell again she'd break the ice that already seemed to have a hard time with this super-strengthened tall woman.

Wen cleared her throat. "Sorry, I almost forgot what you were saying. What were you talking about when you said like my...?" Wen fidgeted with her hands, curious of what technology this girl could access on her body. Wen pushed a large lock of hair behind her ear uncomfortably, playing with more of it in her hand; attempting to comfort herself.

latest
A New Student (?) Aloha Loha Aloha Loha Kairon Kairon
A scream erupted from the main gate as a great beast with orange fur striped with black, sharp claws and even sharper teeth appeared. Some students rushed towards the scene ready to fight but were stopped by the upperclassmen. The towering figure of a beast cascaded a vast shadow of the entrance of the main gate. Standing there in the opening for a moment he looked at the fearful faces around him as his chest heaved. Walking on his hind legs her passed by the other students. Taking a timid steps back from the orange beast it was clear to the students, that he was almost thirteen feet standing on his partially extended hind legs. His mane long strands almost the length of his body swayed in the wind as he walked through the crowd. Watching the students fight in the arena the beats white eyes narrowed into a cold glare as he passed by and made his way towards the booths.

Crouching down onto all fours he lead with his clawed hands towards through the booths looking from side to side his nose twitching as he tried to track the scent of his target. Letting out a low growl as he prowled the small walkway. Noticing some of the other students giving him fearful looks his glare sharpened towards them and they quickly scattered. Stopping in the middle of the lane his back arched his body prickling with strength as he opened his mouth, revealing his row of pearly white teeth sharpened to a dangerous points. Letting out a heavy roar many students scattered at the sound and called the DC to handle the monster. However, they were already there.

"What are you doing here?" The discipline committee vice president, Violet 'Violence' Findlay said with a deep glare. Violet 'Violence' Findlay is the undisputed strongest fighter in Highland Academy. She was only brought out to handle the most dangerous of students and always one thanks to her power. Training to be a soldier she already had a scholarship to enter the Empowered Military after she graduated. Stern and prone to violence first, hence her nickname, she is the most dangerous DC member aside from the president himself.

"Oh...uhhh..." The beast growled as she questioned him so directly. Scratching his face he gave a toothy grin. "I think I'm lost." He said his tail swaying a abit in as his eyes narrowed and a sneer came across his face.

"Follow me." Violet said as she cracked her knuckles, a dangerous glare on her face. Turning her heel she made her way towards the Gym, the beast following.

Claude Allcrest

ceabe1bb4a2837742ed0a558ccc27602.jpg
Nearby: Izzy, Wen
@Tags: SoftSmile SoftSmile Brinni Brinni Elysium Elysium (Mention)
"Oh, i never did tell you my ability, did i Izzy? Just like you used your powers that fight, i used mine. I simply roll a dice and get the ability. What i rolled towards the end was a luck booster, but there's a great many more things it can do. You'll see in due time." Claude answered, pushing off the wall to jpin the two in skating. It was kind of hard to slow down to avoid other people, but outside of that he did fine, even spinning here and there. He simply wasn't allowed to stop, or he'd crash most hailariously. Idly, he wondered the limits of both wen's strength and Izzy's hacking ability. Would he have to be careful about not leaving his phone lying around? There was a firewall, as father took security seriously, but was that enough? I mean, he didn't have anything to hide really, but someone having a backdoor into his stuff would be problematic depending on what they wanted to do.

Thinking of his phone, he remebered his social media, and pulled out his phone to take a quick picture of himself ice skating. While it blew up in the backround, he noticed Alaric texted him, he did link the band and phone afterall, so he shot a quick response saying where he was and to come hang out with his friends and him if he wanted, before putting his phone back in his pocket. "I hope you guys don't mind, but i said my roommate could come if he wanted to, he wanted to hng out. He's pretty cool, but a bit of a troublemaker. I'll make sure he doesn't do anything dumb or weird though." He called to the two, watching Wen stop skating suddenly and izzy put his own skating ability to shame. There's two things she does better now; how positively grand!

sliding closer to Wen he tilted his head slightly before a very clumsy stop, threatening to make him fall every second. After composing himself he laughed before asking her a question. "Huh. Best stop so far. You okay? You were suprisingly pretty clumsy. Need a hand? I'm pretty sure Izzy's the better pick when it comes to teaching how to skate, but im not that bad.... Or is it something else entirely?" He asked, putting out his left hand.

Izzy

Nearby: Wen, Claude'
@Tags: The Prophet The Prophet SoftSmile SoftSmile

Seeing the looks of concern that briefly flashed on the faces of the two, Izzy shrunk a bit. "For what it's worth, I'd rather work on tech the old fashioned way. Manipulating it feels kind of like cheating sometimes" she mumbled. She shook her head to clear her thoughts and perked back up.

Izzy rolled her eyes at Claude. "Maybe I did use my powers, but I didn't lie about it. All I told you was that my goggles were to help me focus, which they do. You can try them yourself if you'd like. They have nothing to do with my ability. Unlike you mister "it's just a lucky die". We also never said powers were off limits."she huffed. "And besides that. The combos were all me, all I did was have the machine react faster than my hands could. I don't have enough practice on the game for my hands to keep up with my brain" she said, sticking her tongue out. "But yeah, inviting your roommate was fine. We're supposed to be meeting all kinds of people right?"

Turning back to Wen, Izzy shrugged internally. I suppose it's fine. She doesn't seem to be making it a secret. But still "I was talking about your..." she paused for a moment as she wrestled between the truth and infringing on her new friends privacy "choker. I can tell you take really good care of it. Though that particular model has had some issues."

Closing her eyes she commanded her comm-band so send Wen a message. "I wasn't sure if commenting on it would be rude or not. If it needs maintenance I'd be happy to do it for you, or even build another one."

Wēnhé Róuruǎn

"My...Choker?" The only device on her choker was her voice modulator, was it malfunctioning? She knew this model wasn't the best but it shouldn't be malfunctioning again, she got it fixed after all. "Is something wrong with it?" Her com-band then chimed a small but cute tone notifying that she had a message.

Build her another one? She had this one for years, but it couldn't hurt to have a safer option on hand if this one ever malfunctioned again. 'What are the problems with this model?' She slowly typed out, glancing over to Claude hoping he wasn't suspicious. After doing so she turned to him and smiled.

"The more the merrier, I suppose." She forced a small laugh, before it got caught in her throat as Claude approached and began to talk to her directly. "Uh, yeah...I'd really appreciate any help really."

She took his hand with a nervous smile, and pushed them off the wall so they could begin skating together.

Izzy

Nearby: Wen, Claude, Alaric?
@Tags: SoftSmile SoftSmile The Prophet The Prophet
Izzy leaned against the wall, watching her two friends skate. Her hands were resting on the wall. She could tell that Wen didn't want Claude to know about it so she obliged by making sure that even if he looked she wouldn't be typing. Glancing at her band she read the message. "I'll wait here. Three's a crowd and all that right?" Her eyes were on Claude and Wen, but her mind was on the band.

About 30% have been known to overload and shock the ones wearing them. Fries the machinery, nasty for the wearer. Yours looks to be OK for now, like I said you take really good care of it. I'm surprised it's still running almost 30 years later. A testament to you or your mechanic.

Leon

@Tags: The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye
The first even finished, Leon wandered around. There was only an hour break and he didn't have much to heal up. He did suck out some of the power from some batteries in order to replenish what he used during the water fight. His eyes alighted on a set up pavilion with some tables. A sign out front proclaimed it to be a Maid Cafe, though Leon wasn't sure what that was meant to be. "Maybe it's just because of their uniform? Either way I could use a drink and snack."

He took a seat and waited to place an order.

Hour Time skip.There was a loud roaring cheer for the winning team, Piper took the mic and roared with laughter. "Allll right! The water balloon fight is over. In the next two hours we'll be doing our next versus. However... to make things interesting it's going to be 1x1 fights! With every name signed up we'll set up who you're fighting. Don't forget to sign up if you want to show off your style. Woo! Now onto our favorite school DJ! Duskrat!" Jumping off stage Piper took some water and sighed as the boy with turquoise hair and a disinterested look stood at the turn table. Placing his hand on the set he began to play a some upbeat tropical dance music. The smoke girl who was in the water balloon fight came over to the stage and stared longingly at the DJ on stage.

Other students dried off and made their way to the other activities. Those injured were quickly ushered off to the medical tent to be healed. Laughter and conversations roared around the small arena as the students wandered around. Out from the Crowd Min walked up to Haruo and smiled. Her hair was wet and her jacket covered her soaked white shirt. "I'm back." She said with a wave as she stood in front of him. "So where would you like to go now?"
Verite Verite
homecafelayout.jpg
Welcome Master!Maid Cafe"Welcome master!" The female maids said in unison. Each one in the iconic frilly black and white dresses of varying styles. The girls showered Leon with compliments as they lead him through the large pink and white pastel area and left him with a menu of sweets, light meals and drinks of all kinds. Most of the tables were filled with upperclassmen chatting and enjoying themselves. Sitting him at one of the few free tables the girls looked at Leon. "Your waitress will be right with you!" One of the girls said before returning to the front with the others giggling and whispering about how cute he was.

Leon's waitress arrived. "Welcome Meow~ster! How can I serve you today?!" Bonnie said as a new patron came in, recognizing the newest patron she smiled. "Leon! Hey! How's your second day been?" She said with a smile.

A scream erupted from the front of the front of the gym doors only to be muffled by a loud and stern "SHUT UP!" Murmurs ran through the cafe as the most powerful student and a straight up beast walked through.

"Oh. Bonnie." The beast said his mouth widening revealing his pearly white sharp teeth.

"Baby Bro!! You made it!" She said raising her hands up in excitement. Draping her arms over Violet she leaned in close to the girl's face and smiled. "Thanks for finding him. Now go get dressed...boop!" Bonnie said with a smile as she booped Violet's nose. As Violet let out a low growl as she removed Bonnie's arms and shoved past the behemoth of a beast.

Scratching his head the beast leaned over to Bonnie and smiled that hungry grin. "Hey sorry I'm lat- oof!" He was stopped as his sister hugged him tightly, maybe a bit too tightly. Patting her back with his clawed hand he noticed Leon. "Oh I'm sorry I'm stopping you from work."

"Nonsense!" She swung her brother into the chair across from Leon and placed a spare menu in front of him. "Now what can I get you two young Meowsters?!"
Brinni Brinni

Interactions: The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye
Mentions: gorgeousss gorgeousss

1564435732508.png
Truthfully, childish and immature as it might have made him seem, Haruo couldn't help but be ever so slightly flustered at the sight of Min in that water balloon fight. It almost felt rude to keep watching like he did, like he was staring, but it wasn't like he had anything else to do or anywhere else to go, so alas. He was trapped here, thanks to that weird guy who had signed Min up and forced her to go along with it for all intents and purposes.

As he had reunited with the white-haired girl, the sheepish feeling he held ever since the beginning of the competition didn't subside, certainly not with the girl's hair and shirt still wet, despite her efforts to cover up the latter. Scratching the back of his head despite that, Haruo cleared his throat before speaking in response.

"Aha, well... Truth be told, I didn't really have any specific place in mind," he answered, but also figured that he ought to have somewhere in mind if she didn't. Otherwise, that would just reflect badly on him, wouldn't it? He had to take charge more often in life now that he was on his own after all.

And yet, admittedly, he was still a little guarded on the prospect of sharing his interests with someone else who didn't seem so familiar with them, even if he had already given Min just a small peek earlier. Man, getting to know people bites.

"We could go back to the Chorus and Drama Club if you want? Since you seem interested in that," he suggested, pocketing his hands, "Or... hm, I wonder if the Art Club's still up, for one..." He idly thought.​

- ENTROPY -
Mentions: The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye Brinni Brinni
Open to anybody for join I suppose.

After the exciting Water Fight, the young kid decided to walk back to his dorm. As the sand and black goo dripped from him he just laughed to himself, thinking about Min and Leon. "Electricity and portals, huh?" They were pretty good..!" Filled with glee and joy, he hadn't felt this much fun in a very long time from what could remember. As he walked, he pondered many thoughts that would just branch off into thoughts that would bloom into pure bliss. He finally felt... hm, comfortable. Something Josh had only really felt at home and around his family the more he thought about it; very ironic due to the fact that he was surrounded around many new faces that he had never seen before. "Strange" was really the only word to currently grasp how to describe his. Then he thought about his recent interactions with his peers: messing with Min and Haruo, hitting his own teammates with water balloons. I suppose it's not far fetch that he, himself was strange too... and that was very fitting for such a strange place. He let out a soft laugh as his never-fading smile rested on his face. As he finally approached his dorm room he looked back at the festivities and looked in awe still. He entered the dorm and looked around the room, this was his first time actually getting a good look around and take everything in, however he'd make this a swift look due to his mess after the Water Fight. He looked around for a while before grabbing a change of clothes and would go shower, as he did a lot to make him sweat and unnamed (2).jpg whatnot of course. After a quick shower and freshening, he would put on a new and clean and minimalistic outfit. A white tee, with jeans and causal sneakers with a yellow windbreaker.

Josh exited his dorm and stood outside the main entrance as he looked around for a moment. He thought about he should do. He pulled up his watch, still highly impressed with the tech. He never really had anything like this of his own. After click and tapping a few moments to get use to the go-go gadget thing, he would text Min. Simple. Would begin typing... then froze...

"Uh... this seems a lot harder than I thought it'd be..."

He didn't want to come off as creep... or a dick... or... This train of worries and typing something then deleting it before sending and pacing back and forth... this cycle would continue for several more minutes, unfortunately. Then he suddenly stopped. He saw something. Josh would quickly run into his dorm and then back out with a black tote bag of sort. It was for school, but this was much more important, he could just get a book bag later. He would turn his attention to the same direction as before and slowly approached... a cat! The fur was a soft warm black, with color underneath on the stomach being a snow white and had a considerably stylish little yellow scarf or ribbon on it. Josh calmly approached the cat that sat on the cement ledge of a flower bed, the cat was noticeably.. mellow as it didn't run away or anything just looked at Josh as he place his bag near the cat on the ledge. He unzipped it, maybe it'd get the jest of it. Surprisingly, it did, as it got up and leaped into the bag, and turned around in it several times to get comfortable.
unnamed (4).jpg

"So you're a boy, that's good to know. I guess make yourself comfortable, little guy. I feel like we'll be good buddies."

He said with a genuine smile as the cat perked his head out of the bag looking back at Josh, purring. Josh would raise his arm up to pull up his watch, left on his unsent message to Min. Took a deep breath in and exhaled and looked at the cat. Then realized that she'd most likely be with Haruo character right about now...

"I.. I'll let the couple have their alone time, heh. Only fair, right? Don't wanna be a third wheel, y'know?"

The cat simply meowed before laying down in the bag, and Josh gave a small appeasing smile to himself, patting himself on the back mentally.

“I wonder if I can keep you...”

Leon

Nearby: Bonnie, "Tony the Tiger"
@Tags: The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye
Leon looked at the menu trying not to react to the girls nearby, though he couldn't help the light color in his cheeks. He hadn't known what to expect of a maid cafe, but it wasn't this. Curling a lock of his still wet hair around his ears, he rested his cheek on his hand. Looking up at the waitress he smiled as he recognized her. "Hi Bonnie. It's been...wet. But fun so far. The VS event was exciting and I'm glad that my team won...though I'm kinda unclear on if that means I'm still in the running for the prize or not"

Leon turned towards the gym entrance at the scream. The appearance of the creature set him on edge, but when it became obvious he wasn't going to be an issue he relaxed. Tapping the side of his index finger to his head in greeting at the newcomer as he sat, Leon simply said "Yo." Turning his attention back to the menu once more until his eyes alighted on the corner. "Hmm. I guess I'll do the Kuma Parfait Special then. Gotta get some energy back before the next event" he said, placing his order.

Izzy

Nearby: Alaric, Claude, Wen
@Tags: The Prophet The Prophet SoftSmile SoftSmile Elysium Elysium
Seeing Claude vanish into thin air had been jarring for sure, especially when he had been mid sentence. But he had rejoined the group soon enough as he was swiftly eliminated from the water fight. "Bad luck Claude, maybe you'll win the next event. There's still a chance at the prize since there's four events and you only need to win three." Bringing up the event schedule she gave it a quick glance before turning back to the group. "Well the next major event won't start until three and we've only got an hour until the next VS contest for Claude. We can either go back skating, grab a bite at the maid cafe, or just kinda hang out. Any preferences?"

- ENTROPY -
Mentions: The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye Brinni Brinni

After changing his clothes and having his minor monologue, Josh began to look through his watch for different events and activities IMG-4956.jpg going on at the moment to occupy himself. He walked through the fair with his weighted tote bag on his right side on his shoulder meanwhile tapping through the watch. “Maid Café? Sure.” After choosing his place of interest, Josh casually walked amongst the other students as he reflected on life as he normally does. Not long after, he’d arrive to the maid cafe, opening the entrance door, he’d would look around the area, seeing the upper class men, then the large beast being bear-hugged by the female. “What the...?” He’d then look around again to see all the females in maid outfits and as he did so, the hue of his cheeks would become rose-tinted, he’d gripped his bag strap tighter and began to feel a bit nervous as his heart rate slightly increased. He’d begin to walk forward, only nervously chuckling.

“Uh, wow.. heh..”

Wēnhé Róuruǎn

The skating was overall relaxing, even though she would sometime slip with her footing and accidentally fall over him. Two tall people skating wasn't the best sight, as they almost towered over most of the other students and almost ran into them on occasion. It was honestly a nice experience for her. She smiled, absolutely dumbfound at her classmate. She was completely zoned out.

It was only when she had fallen that she had finally realized her spacial surroundings. Claude had...Vanished? She freaked out for a moment, but eventually made her way over to Izzy to have a meaningful conversation when Claude had appeared again. She shrugged her shoulders glumly, as she knew the moment wouldn't last. She didn't expect it to be broken by him vanishing though.

"I think I'd prefer we get a bite to eat. I forgot the last time I ate."

Alaric Vanderbilt
The Prophet The Prophet SoftSmile SoftSmile Brinni Brinni

Kamui.(Gin.Tama).600.2314020.jpg

Alaric received Clause's confirmation, and meandered over to where he said they were. However, he didn't exactly rush over, instead taking a calmer, slower approach to the festival than yesterday.

Yesterday was all dashing around. Eating without actually tasting, so to speak. Seeing without understanding. So instead he took the time to actually enjoy booths and attractions that piqued his sometimes sporadic interest.

After a while, armed with some prizes from games and memberships to the weightlifting and gymnastics clubs, he finally wandered into eyeshot of Claude and few ladies.

Perfect. Claude was already appearing to be a top-notch wingman.

While Alaric had never ice skates before, it didn't seem too different than his and his brother's old pastime of rollerblading. So he laced some skates on and almost instantly skated over to his roomie and the tall chick.

"Hello Claude. Sorry for taking a bit. Found some things to do real fast." Al greeted the slightly taller man, skating in idle circles around the pair as he introduced himself to Claude's skating partner, "I'm Alaric. Good to meet ya."

He gave the pair some space, skating over to and stopping next to a woman who was chilling nearby and watching the duo. Al guessed this was the other member of the group Claude mentioned.

"Hi. I'm Claude's roommate, Alaric."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back